Phoenix Suns to protest Arizona immigration law by wearing “Los Suns” jerseys tonight

posted at 5:40 pm on May 4, 2010 by Allahpundit

It’s funny. Just this morning, while I was making my way through Eugene Robinson’s ode to the current state of border security, I had ESPN on and started thinking, “Why can’t sports be as tediously, tendentiously politicized as everything else in American life now is?”

Sometimes, my friends, dreams do come true.

The Phoenix Suns will wear “Los Suns” on their jerseys Wednesday for Game 2 of the Western Conference semifinals, owner Robert Sarver said, “to honor our Latino community and the diversity of our league, the state of Arizona and our nation.”…

He said that the law calls into question “our basic principles of equal rights and protection under the law” and will cause Arizona’s economy to suffer setbacks at a time when the state is already in economic distress.

First, shouldn’t “Los Suns” be “Los Sols”? Second, if this tool wants his team dudded out in protest gear, it’s his dime, but I wonder how smart of a marketing strategy it is to make a show of opposing a law favored by 60 percent of the public. Amnesty shills will love it but a larger number of amnesty opponents will hate it, and a swath of people in the middle will wonder why they’re being treated to political propaganda when all they want to do is watch hoops. Fun fact for “Los Suns” fans to chew on: Illegals are vowing that they’ll keep on coming unless and until we seal the border, which would actually be comparatively cheap to do if it weren’t so, you know, racist.

Since “Los Suns” feel comfortable injecting politics into sports, I’m going to feel comfortable injecting this story into this post: Earlier today, Jan Brewer got an envelope filled with white powder from some unknown member of the Lords of Progress. Exit question: Who’s responsible for this “climate of hate”?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Fairness dictates that 70% of their ticket sales should be forfeited. Otherwise, they would just be cheap whores taking dirty money.

platypus on May 4, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Why the h*ll isn’t the NBA stopping this?

JetBoy on May 4, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Because the NBA supports the idea:

He said the Suns called the NBA for approval “and they were all for it.”

Desert Gardens on May 4, 2010 at 6:10 PM

It should be “Los Soles”

Hope the home crowd boos em.

El_Terrible on May 4, 2010 at 6:10 PM

60-70% support the law. Good luck, dribblers.

Ronnie on May 4, 2010 at 6:10 PM

What is teabagger in Spanish?

faraway on May 4, 2010 at 6:11 PM

Gee, I wonder what the turnout will be like

JusDreamin on May 4, 2010 at 6:11 PM

Wonder how the team feels about the whole thing???

Or does that matter???

‘Here, wear these and like it’.

BigWyo on May 4, 2010 at 6:11 PM

Shut up and play, morons.

Schadenfreude on May 4, 2010 at 6:11 PM

I just emailed the Suns. I feel so betrayed.. Arizona fans welcomed the players with open arms, we’ve supported them through losses (of which there were plenty) and we’ve supported them through good times. The NBA/Suns arrest t-shirt vendors for selling knock offs. Using their logic in supporting illegal immigration, anybody should be able to sell any merchandise with the Suns logo on it, copyrights be damned.

GrannySunni on May 4, 2010 at 6:11 PM

Mr. Robert Krentz will not be in attendence.

kingsjester on May 4, 2010 at 5:52 PM

No, may he rest in peace. You might provide a link to your blog post for those who may have missed this unfortunate story. It was a very good post.

TXUS on May 4, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Apparently the NBA gave the idea their blessing (from article):

He said the Suns called the NBA for approval “and they were all for it.”

Desert Gardens on May 4, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Unbelievable. Especially given the fact that the NBA recently established a “Code of Conduct” for fans attending their games. Said “Code of Conduct” even includes a dress code prohibiting clothing with “indecent” or “obscene” messages on them.

While such a simple player uniform logo name change does not fit this criteria, it somehow implies that the players have a right to political expression while the people paying their salaries do not.

Slightly OT: the Leftist folks protesting the new Arizona Law are busy trying to organize a boycott of AriZona bottled Ice Tea.

The fact that the company was founded and is based in New York doesn’t phase them a bit!

Del Dolemonte on May 4, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Los Culos works for me.

jukin on May 4, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Me: “booooooooo”

faraway on May 4, 2010 at 6:14 PM

It’s one thing for politicians to be moronically biased…bad enough that the media are still sucking…on…Obama’s bummy snake…

It’s an entirely stupid thing for restaurants, corporations or sports teams to display preferences, when they are supported by all kinds of groups…

Same for you Hollywood. You’se all lousy businesspeople, dummies.

Schadenfreude on May 4, 2010 at 6:14 PM

TXUS on May 4, 2010 at 6:12 PM

I did earlier. They can also get there by clicking my name.

kingsjester on May 4, 2010 at 6:15 PM

bummy snake = gummy snake

Schadenfreude on May 4, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Kinda wondering why he isn’t letting ‘undocumented workers’ in for free to his sorry home games??

BigWyo on May 4, 2010 at 6:15 PM

That is disgusting. I hope the 60% of Arizonans who support this law react by boycotting this pathetic display of arrogance and prickness.

FlickeringFlame on May 4, 2010 at 6:16 PM

What is teabagger in Spanish?

faraway on May 4, 2010 at 6:11 PM

Bagger del té.

TXUS on May 4, 2010 at 6:16 PM

This was written by a friend of mine who lives in Tempe. He has researched the law and gives a common sense break down of it. He also points out what the people of AZ have had to go through because of illegal immigration.

It is very interesting and well written.

milwife88 on May 4, 2010 at 6:16 PM

To really get into the proper spirit of this protest, when the fans arrive at the arena, shouldn’t they all just sneak in?

profitsbeard on May 4, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Someone already mentioned this, but the game is not tonight. It is tomorrow: Cinco De Mayo.

Also, they’ve already worn these jerseys twice during the regular season. Of course they didn’t carry the politically loaded message that they will tomorrow night.

And i really can’t imagine that everyone on the team is still totally comfortable with the idea. Would there be some sort of penalty for refusing?

Rude on May 4, 2010 at 6:17 PM

What is teabagger in Spanish?

faraway on May 4, 2010 at 6:11 PM

Geraldo

Ronnie on May 4, 2010 at 6:18 PM

Looks like plenty of tickets…PLENTY

jukin on May 4, 2010 at 6:18 PM

“Would love to see a mass of Suns fans decide to stop attending games and supporting the team financially…”

No, just the opposite. Everyone in Arizona that supports the bill should show up at the “Los Suns” games and demand to be allowed in. They can call themselves “undocumented attendees” or something like that. Then, when security asks for their ticket, call them a racist and proceed through the gates. Bonus points if, once in, you demand free concessions.

get outta Moms basement on May 4, 2010 at 6:18 PM

Wouldn’t it be nice if those fans who disagree with this political pandering would all boo when the Suns hit the floor?

katiejane on May 4, 2010 at 6:19 PM

Geraldo

Ronnie on May 4, 2010 at 6:18 PM

*snicker*

BigWyo on May 4, 2010 at 6:19 PM

It’s the NBA. It sucks. Whatever merits it ever had, and they were few, were eradicated by that towering colossus of asshatdom, Michael Jordon.

Who begat the likes of Allen “It was practice” Iverson.

Collectively, these sacks of utterly useless s**t know as much about team sportsmanship as Rahm Emmanuel.

And what they all wear most prominently is Olympian Loserdom.

Doorgunner on May 4, 2010 at 6:20 PM

What is teabagger in Spanish?

faraway on May 4, 2010 at 6:11 PM
Geraldo

Ronnie on May 4, 2010 at 6:18 PM

LMAO!

HornetSting on May 4, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Hope the home crowd boos em.

El_Terrible on May 4, 2010 at 6:10 PM

Hope the home crowd doesn’t show up. Ever.
This is exhibit #57 of Why I Am No Longer A Sports Fan.

itsnotaboutme on May 4, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Basketball players aren’t paid for their brains, and this proves it.

Mark7788 on May 4, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Yes, it should be Los Soles and this ‘protest’ is so unbelievably patronizing, it’s a classic example of politically correct bigotry – which is what often happens when ‘liberals’ try so hard to be sensitive to people of other races, they actually end up insulting the unlucky recipients of their ‘solidarity’ with offensive racially paternalistic condescension instead.

leilani on May 4, 2010 at 6:20 PM

I’m guessing he’s not interested in talking about current federal law that requires LEGAL immigrant to carry their papers at all times, put into place by FDR.

RJL on May 4, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Will there be a drug cartel shoot out at half time?

Mister Ghost on May 4, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Again, why all this butthurt? Anybody on the road needs to be carrying their driver’s license. When anybody is pulled over, the cops will ask for license and proof of insurance. They’ll also run the plates on every vehicle they pull over.

Cops across the nation already do this. In Arizona, the big diff is that if during this routine check of ones license/insurance/plates, some flags come up, the police act on them.

A Hispanic person with an accent and no license is not the sole reasonable suspicion that triggers an immigration check, all leftie fantasies to the contrary. I can’t wait for the activists to try and get checked, only to get tickets for not having licenses and insurance. HINT: If the plates match the car, and come back to you, a family member, or a major car-rental company, the cops are likely to rule your immigration status as A-OK. If the car is a recent model, and the title held by a major new car dealer, you’re cool.

The cops are pretty familiar with the companies and individuals that hold titles and make registrations for illegal aliens. If your car didn’t come from them (and all they have are hoopty cars), you are probably in the clear.

Sekhmet on May 4, 2010 at 6:22 PM

First, shouldn’t “Los Suns” be “Los Sols”?

Spanglish.

madmonkphotog on May 4, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Have them wear “Los Imbéciles” jerseys instead.

Far more fitting, don”t you think?

pilamaye on May 4, 2010 at 6:22 PM

How about the paying fans boycotting the team, and if they want to invite illegals in, go ahead.

BOYCOTT THE SUNS
BOYCOTT THE SUNS
BOYCOTT THE SUNS
BOYCOTT THE SUNS
BOYCOTT THE SUNS
BOYCOTT THE SUNS

Mark7788 on May 4, 2010 at 6:22 PM

My white brothers are underrepresented in the NBA. I’m thinking a class action suit is in order.

Ronnie on May 4, 2010 at 6:08 PM

A quick web search revealed that about 79% on the NBA rosters are black. Blacks are about 13% of the US population.

Looks like you would have a good case.

GnuBreed on May 4, 2010 at 6:23 PM

If the Suns lose/win the game, will it be known as Montezuma’s Revenge

Mister Ghost on May 4, 2010 at 6:23 PM

I hope LOS SUNS plays to an EMPTY court.

GarandFan on May 4, 2010 at 6:23 PM

This “Los” thing on the jerseys is not a new idea. They’ve been doing it for years in the NBA. I never really had a problem with it, mainly because it never seemed in any way political.

But the NBA is making a really dumb move if they approve of this as a protest of the new law. I don’t care how diverse the players are in the league. The majority of people who buy tickets and memorabilia are white. P-ss them off and it could do irreparable harm to the NBA.

Doughboy on May 4, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Basketball players aren’t paid for their brains, and this proves it.

Mark7788 on May 4, 2010 at 6:20 PM

It’s the owner who gets to make the call. Often the only skills the owners have involve fleecing municipalities for the cost of new stadiums.

dedalus on May 4, 2010 at 6:24 PM

What else is new with professional athletes in this country?

Why be surprised?

They rape, and then pay their way out of it.
They drug up.
And they are basically slimebags who treat everyone as trash in their lives.

Why do they imagine that they have some “moral” statement that ANYONE cares to hear?

Ridiculous. They are nothing more than animals on parade.

AnninCA on May 4, 2010 at 6:25 PM

“to honor our Latino community and the diversity of our league…

I’m sorry… THE DIVERSITY OF THE NBA?

greggriffith on May 4, 2010 at 6:25 PM

How many Latinos play in the NBA?

faraway on May 4, 2010 at 6:27 PM

“Suns”? That’s not even Spanish. “Los Suns” comes across ignorant. “Los Soles” would be correct in pandering to Hispanics. Cowards.

The Suns organization comes acoss like something smeared on the sole of a worn pair of shoes. That’s a “shoe” that fits.

exdeadhead on May 4, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Phone: 602-379-7900

Phoenix Suns Corporate…be silent NO MORE!

HornetSting on May 4, 2010 at 6:30 PM

I don’t or have never watched these people in basketball. You guys have your 1st and I hope those who watch you and those who support you do their 1st and give you the boot! What part of illegal do you not understand? By the way, you guys make way too much money per this bho!
L

letget on May 4, 2010 at 6:31 PM

Can we agree that actors should act, singers should sing and athletes should just play sports instead of being posters for political agendas. These people are not the average american and should stop telling us what we should think. Some of us would like to get through a day without having politics thrown in our face. fyi, I’m a die hard Suns fan. I’ve listened to Al McCoy call the games since I was a young boy and still love listening to him over the net these days. I wonder if Los Spurs will also show up to play tomorrow night. Go Suns.

conservativescientist on May 4, 2010 at 6:32 PM

profitsbeard on May 4, 2010 at 6:16 PM

I’m calling threadwinner on that one!

califcon on May 4, 2010 at 6:34 PM

BOYCOTT THE SUNS!!!!

Nuts4koi on May 4, 2010 at 6:34 PM

Why not just rename the team…

La Raza?

Seven Percent Solution on May 4, 2010 at 6:35 PM

profitsbeard on May 4, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Good thing I wasn’t drinking when I read that. Wicked funny post.

WitchDoctor on May 4, 2010 at 6:35 PM

But Kerr said “this isn’t a huge political stand as much as it is just a celebration of diversity.”

Yeah, sure it isn’t political. Idiots. Maybe Kerr, Nash and the rest of the maroons should read the bill and stop relying on the drive-by media for their information. I know that’s asking a lot.

Seriously, just shut up and play the sport. I hate watching games with the mute on.

conservative pilgrim on May 4, 2010 at 6:36 PM

profitsbeard on May 4, 2010 at 6:16 PM

I’m calling threadwinner on that one!

califcon on May 4, 2010 at 6:34 PM

I second that

faraway on May 4, 2010 at 6:37 PM

How many Latinos play in the NBA?

faraway on May 4, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Not very many. I could understand MLB being concerned about this law, but the NBA is still primarily dominated by American and European players.

Doughboy on May 4, 2010 at 6:37 PM

I saw that twerp Steve Nash on PTI while I was at the gym and I was really enlightened to hear some sniveling Canadian puke lecture us on our laws. Nothing like alienating your own fans, dipsh*t.

JammieWearingFool on May 4, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Yes – they’re best player – Steve Nash. Oh wait, he’s an illegal Canadian. My bad…

Neo-con Artist on May 4, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Shouldn’t their jerseys say “Suns, eh?”

jimmy2shoes on May 4, 2010 at 6:39 PM

“A fool and his money are soon parted.”

MCPO Airdale on May 4, 2010 at 6:39 PM

profitsbeard on May 4, 2010 at 6:16 PM

I’m calling threadwinner on that one!

califcon on May 4, 2010 at 6:34 PM

I second that

faraway on May 4, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Third!

jimmy2shoes on May 4, 2010 at 6:40 PM

They should leave half the doors at the arena unchecked, while taking tickets from paying customers at the remaining doors.

JRDFLA on May 4, 2010 at 6:40 PM

conservativescientist on May 4, 2010 at 6:32 PM

I agree with keeping sports and politics separate. Even w/o politics professional sports gives fans plenty of reasons to be turned off–high prices, selfish and immature athletes, etc.

However, what Steve Nash does is really special if you love a team-first guy who plays a style of basketball that is fun as hell to watch. Hope they find a way through the Spurs this year and then dump Kobe.

dedalus on May 4, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Love the following Craigs List posting for the game:

The Phoenix Los Suns play tonight and I was going to get tickets. Let’s all just sneak in as an undocumented attendees. If they stop us we will call them racists until they let us in for free….and free beer and food for us and our families.

LOL

smfoushee on May 4, 2010 at 6:42 PM

Jerks. At the risk of repeating myself, these guys are flat out jerks. well, those that aren’t gangsters.

Onager on May 4, 2010 at 6:42 PM

First, shouldn’t “Los Suns” be “Los Sols”?

That was my first thought. If you’re going to protest en español, at least learn the language!

This is so idiotic.

jtownsley on May 4, 2010 at 6:44 PM

I just managed to give the Suns front office a call about this (602-379-7900), and the lady on the phone managed to give me a little reminder that she had nothing to do with Mr. Sarver’s little rant. I told her that it wouldn’t take much of an effort to initiate a boycott against her employer.

Feel free to give her a jingle at the number listed.

BradSchwartze on May 4, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Love the following Craigs List posting for the game:

LOL

smfoushee on May 4, 2010 at 6:42 PM

Now that’s funny! Practice what you preach, Los Suns!

deidre on May 4, 2010 at 6:45 PM

At the next game 60% of the fans were wearing “San Francisco Suns” shirts. Heh. I wish.

smellthecoffee on May 4, 2010 at 6:47 PM

The Suns Phone: 602-379-7900

got it from earlier in this thread. Just called and got right thru. Told them I’m in Indiana and am thrilled with what Arizona has done and that I thought they were idiots.

give’m a call and vent.

Onager on May 4, 2010 at 6:47 PM

I guess that I’ll support whoever is playing against the Sol’s

thomasaur on May 4, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Oh, and el sol becomes los soles, but you were on the right track AP.

jtownsley on May 4, 2010 at 6:48 PM

I think this owner should provide his political beliefs on every ticket issued by this franchise.

What are his politics on abortion; gay rights; capitalism; religion; on and on …

As a matter of fact, let’s take this stupid idea and completely drive it over the cliff — let’s have ALL sports team owners do this for every franchise. State all political beliefs/causes on your team web site, and let us decide what teams we will support.

Unbelievably stupid!

JRDFLA on May 4, 2010 at 6:49 PM

And I strongly encourage you to contact the Suns (602-379-7900). Organizations like that are of the belief that the supporters of SB 1070 (and other conservative causes) will do nothing but gripe on HotAir. They need to firmly understand that this sort of behavior from Mr. Sarver will not stand.

Furthermore, Mr. Sarver’s main line of work is in the banking industry. He owns Alliance Bank of Arizona. You may want to give their folks a little reminder of the blowback that comes from going against 70% of the electorate.

BradSchwartze on May 4, 2010 at 6:49 PM

I sat at a table with former Spur Sean Elliott a couple of nights ago, at a school event. His stepson and my son are in the same class.

Sean thinks the Spurs will win the series with Phoenix. I sure hope he’s right.

juliesa on May 4, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Phoenix Sux

faraway on May 4, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Phone: 602-379-7900

Undocumented ticket-holder night!

Free beer for everyone!

tetriskid on May 4, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Mark Cuban is a left-wing, lib pinko nut job.

The main owner of the Spurs is a big Republican donor and a decorated Vietnam vet. I love our Spurs.

juliesa on May 4, 2010 at 6:52 PM

So the Suns players are okay with walk ons just taking their positions without paying their dues, so to speak. Great! I’ll play power forward.

SouthernGent on May 4, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Undocumented ticket-holder night!

Free beer for everyone!

What a great handheld sign for someone at the arena tonight!

JRDFLA on May 4, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Ronnie on May 4, 2010 at 6:18 PM

I’m still laughing at your comment. Too funny!

Dr. Conservative on May 4, 2010 at 6:56 PM

I have never liked the Spurs but I’m cheering for them now.

sloopy on May 4, 2010 at 6:57 PM

I guess that I’ll support whoever is playing against the Sol’s

thomasaur on May 4, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Go, Spurs, go!

SagebrushPuppet on May 4, 2010 at 6:58 PM

Da Spurs

faraway on May 4, 2010 at 6:59 PM

thomasaur on May 4, 2010 at 6:48 PM
Go, Spurs, go!

SagebrushPuppet on May 4, 2010 at 6:58 PM

Ginobilli!!!!!!! Go Spurs Go!!!!!

HornetSting on May 4, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Somebody should put up official-looking signs all over the wrong part of town, saying that the “Soles” welcome all undocumented aliens to be their guests for free admission, snacks and beer at all home games for the rest of the season! Let’s see if you like to walk the walk, or you just want to talk the talk, you hypocrites!

drunyan8315 on May 4, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Here is the number for Alliance Bank of Arizona, Robert Sarver’s principal bank:

602-952-5400.

Right now, the office is about to close for the night, but they are available until 5PM Arizona time all this week.

These folks need to hear from supporters of SB 1070 as well. Mr. Sarver’s rant needs pushback, early and often.

BradSchwartze on May 4, 2010 at 7:01 PM

juliesa on May 4, 2010 at 6:52 PM

I don’t live in TX, but love the Spurs! David Robinson drew me to the team. I love Pop and the way he coaches. I’m not thrilled with his comments in the espn article linked though. Ah well. The Spurs can beat Phoenix and tomorrow night would be an appropriate night to get the first win.

conservative pilgrim on May 4, 2010 at 7:03 PM

All professional sports have unsustainable salaries if the consumers are split by any form of divisiveness. With players signing 100 millions dollar contracts, sports organizations must have every element working for then; TV ratings-revenue, merchandise sells, full arenas selling loads of 8 dollar beers and 5 dollar bags of peanuts. Lose any portion of the consumer base, and it’s over as it currently exists.

When I was a kid growing up in the Los Angeles area, my Mom brought me to dozens of Dodger and Laker games every year simply because my parents could afford to do so with prices as they were in the 60′s. I raised my kids in the same area and I could afford to take my kids to a game or two per year due to the drastic changes in ticket prices, parking prices, and food and beverage prices. Won’t take much to sink this industry. Idiots.

Keemo on May 4, 2010 at 7:03 PM

I have never liked the Spurs but I’m cheering for them now.

sloopy on May 4, 2010 at 6:57 PM

I’m torn on this one. As a diehard Rockets fan, I hate the Spurs. Mind you, I respect them(except for that flopper Manu). But I hate that they have 3 1/2 titles and Houston only has 2.

But I may have to root for the Spurs in the series which is something I rarely do. Well, except for the first round where I rooted for them over the Mavs who I both hate and have no respect for as an organization.

Doughboy on May 4, 2010 at 7:06 PM

Local station reports that the Spurs will be wearing “Los Spurs” jerseys later in the series.

From the story:

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich agrees with what the Suns are doing.

“A lot of administrations have done nothing about the immigration deal and now everybody is paying the price and especially a lot of people in Arizona and that’s a bad thing,” Popvich said on Tuesday. “The reaction is important too. And this reaction I agree with Mr. Sarver is inappropriate.

“It’s kind of like 9/11 comes and all of a sudden there is a Patriot Act, just a knee-jerk sort of thing and it changes our country and what we stand for. … So I think what [Sarver] is doing [Wednesday] night is very wise and very correct.”

The Spurs are looking to wear their own “Los Spurs” jerseys later on in the series.

Desert Gardens on May 4, 2010 at 7:06 PM

Makes it super easy to not only NOT tune in but I won’t be buying Suns tickets or tshirts ever again because of this. They want to shoot themselves in the foot by doing this, they can kiss the revenue goodbye

You up for losing millions and millions MLB by pulling a boycott of Arizona? it will save people across the country money when they boycott you in return

Niteowl45 on May 4, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Desert Gardens on May 4, 2010 at 7:06 PM

The Spurs have worn them all season….

HornetSting on May 4, 2010 at 7:09 PM

Keemo on May 4, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Tell me about it. You can look on the roster lists and see how much they all make. Even the lowest paid player makes SIX FIGURES. Un. Real.

The whole NBA culture is wacky. I stumbled on this “NBA Wives” show last weekend. Eyeopening.

conservative pilgrim on May 4, 2010 at 7:09 PM

From the story:

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich agrees with what the Suns are doing.

Desert Gardens on May 4, 2010 at 7:06 PM

Great, now even Pop’s being a jackass? Are these morons going out of their way to make me pull for Utah(you know they’d NEVER have “Los Jazz” on their jerseys)? I hate them more than any other organization in basketball. Please don’t make me root for them by default.

Doughboy on May 4, 2010 at 7:09 PM

Cannot say that the opinions of some basketballers would have much influence on my opinion.

jeanie on May 4, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Desert Gardens on May 4, 2010 at 7:06 PM

Exactly what I thought would happen. Lakers, Cavs, Celtics; all follow suit because this will be an NBA thing pimping to the Hispanic audience while thumbing their collective noses at the rest of us.

Huge blunder…

Keemo on May 4, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Doughboy on May 4, 2010 at 7:09 PM

Haha. So who are you rooting for this year?

conservative pilgrim on May 4, 2010 at 7:11 PM

If we wanted your opinions, you braindead ball-bouncing oafs, we’d ask for it.

STFU and play.