MS-NBC anchor: I’m so bummed that Shahzad wasn’t a Tea Partier

posted at 1:36 pm on May 4, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Brian Maloney gives us this entry for the Someone Left the Irony On Department, in which Contessa Brewer tells Stephanie Miller that she’s really unhappy that she couldn’t use the Times Square bombing attempt to prove Tea Party “bigotry.”  Never mind that this clip shows the bigotry of Brewer in relation to conservatives — that all of the opponents of Barack Obama and the Democrats are somehow the equivalent of the Hutaree militia in Michigan.  Brewer really wanted a way to smear conservatives, and now she’ll just have to wait a little longer:

BREWER: I mean the thing is is that and I get frustrated and there was part of me that was hoping this was not going to be anybody with ties to any kind of Islamic country because there are a lot of people who want to use this terrorist intent to justify writing off people who believe in a certain way or come from certain countries or whose skin color is a certain way. I mean they use it as justification for really outdated bigotry.

And so there was part of me was really hoping this would not be the case that here would be somebody who is not the defined. I mean he’s accused he’s arrested you know I don’t want to convict him before it’s time to do so. He’s the guy authorities say is involved. But that being said I mean we know even in recent history you have the Hutaree militia from Michigan who have plans to let’s face it create terror.

That’s what they were planning to do and they were doing so from far different backgrounds then what this guy is coming from. So, the threat is not just coming from people who decide that America is the place to be and you know come here and want to become citizens. Obviously this guy did.

Yes, Contessa, there does seem to be a lot of people who want to “justify writing off people who believe in a certain way” as either terrorists or racists. Your network employs more than a few.

Newsbusters has more thoughts on Brewer’s unhappiness.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

ernesto on May 4, 2010 at 2:39 PM

Thank you.I do worry about my NYC pals. Had a great time here for 20 years. Not anxious to go back. Sounds dumb, but stay safe.

katy the mean old lady on May 4, 2010 at 2:44 PM

That is what you get
When you choose on-air talent
Because she’s good in bed…

Haiku Guy on May 4, 2010 at 2:44 PM

I know black people with white characteristics are called oreos, hispanics are called coconuts and asians are called bananas.

What is the slur given to people who are beautiful on the outside but horrifically ugly on the inside?

warden on May 4, 2010 at 2:44 PM

BS-NBC strikes again! Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump.

LarryG on May 4, 2010 at 2:46 PM

ernesto on May 4, 2010 at 2:39 PM

Well this did have that smack you in the face with the truth kind of effect going for it.

Johnnyreb on May 4, 2010 at 2:46 PM

Andrew Wilkow is talking about this right now.

Denverslim on May 4, 2010 at 2:46 PM

Contessa, I’m bummed that you aren’t an Iranian woman living in Iran. Bummer.

ndanielson on May 4, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Liberal.

reaganaut on May 4, 2010 at 2:48 PM

ernesto on May 4, 2010 at 2:39 PM

Apology accepted. Too bad you can’t speak for the rest of the left.

docdave on May 4, 2010 at 2:48 PM

Johnnyreb on May 4, 2010 at 2:46 PM

I mean, as im in the middle of trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, this gets posted. I’ve had enough.

ernesto on May 4, 2010 at 2:49 PM

Lol. I just now realized how much Brewer looks and sounds like the Miss Teen South Carolina from that Youtube vid that went viral. Throw a blonde wig on her and they’re twins.

OxyCon on May 4, 2010 at 2:49 PM

ha, talk about pulling the rug out from under my earlier arguments!

I give up. I still find conventional conservatism to be contradictory and at times motivated by cultural perspectives pretty alien to my own, but I can’t bring myself to give you guys much sh*t about it anymore. I mean, “I’m really sorry this was a Muslim and not some militia guy?” ugh.

ernesto on May 4, 2010 at 2:39 PM

I apologize for any snide or hurtful remarks in the past.

This post has redeemed yourself. For today.

Odie1941 on May 4, 2010 at 2:50 PM

ernesto on May 4, 2010 at 2:49 PM

Hey at least you manned up and admitted it. Not many will/can do that, so good on you. Oh and you still are sticking to your convictions so you get an extra point for that too.

Johnnyreb on May 4, 2010 at 2:51 PM

I’m confused. I listened to the clip twice and read the transcript, but I don’t hear any mention of the tea partiers?

TheBlueSite on May 4, 2010 at 2:10 PM

You got the confused part right.

Read between the lines, just like you do when it comes to accusing “right wingers” of bigotry.

David2.0 on May 4, 2010 at 2:52 PM

Sounds like Contessa is prime to engage in some “fake but accurate” reporting. What will we get? More fake documents? Maybe she could up the ante, buy a van, festoon it with conservative bumper stickers, pack it full of fertilizer bags labeled “Property of Glenn Beck,” and park it in front of an SEIU office somewhere. That’d show the audience what those people are supposed to be capable of, if only they’d behave themselves and stick to the MSNBC narrative!

Blacklake on May 4, 2010 at 2:52 PM

FINALLY an admission of guilt on Tessa Brewer’s part to doctoring the gun toter at the Arizona Tea Party footage.

And to think, some on the right were actually willing to give her a pass on that; that she didn’t know it was doctored and her stupidity could be written off as simple ignorance on her part, rather than her having any hand in the actual doctoring to fit the narrative she presented.

The veil drops, the ruthless hater is revealed.

And Tessa, next time you have a thought?

Let it go.

SuperCool on May 4, 2010 at 2:53 PM

We’ll find out more. Were there failed family ties? Did he have a strong community network here in the United States? Did he feel isolated?

Contessa, if you are so worried about immigrants having “failed family ties” or “feeling isolated”, why don’t you take in one or two since you’re so big-hearted?

ya2daup on May 4, 2010 at 2:54 PM

That whole cesspoo1 of MSNBC shmucks and shmuckettes should meet the Turk now that Comcast owns them. Where do these muck heads come from? Is stupidity becoming an epidemic in the USA? That whole lot is a Bolivian train wreck of boneheads.

I can’t surf past that channel fast enough.

saiga on May 4, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Now wait a minute. These people are ALSO innocent until proven guilty. Yes, one was a Democrat. Yes, there must be SOME evidence. However, you are doing the same as the left-wing.

INNOCENT until proven guilty, Mr. M.

Shambhala on May 4, 2010 at 2:59 PM

ya2daup on May 4, 2010 at 2:54 PM

Yea, I’ll bet there are some MS13 guys that would love to live with you and love you like a mother.

saiga on May 4, 2010 at 3:00 PM

and……. she has a fat a$$.

joedoe on May 4, 2010 at 3:00 PM

warden on May 4, 2010 at 2:44 PM

“Contessa Brewers”

russcote on May 4, 2010 at 3:01 PM

I didn’t take it that way at all. All I heard her say was that she didn’t want it to be an islamic guy, because it sometimes plays into the stereotype and narrative that most guys from islamic countries are terrorists. Even reading between the lines, I see no way of conveying this as attacking the tea partiers. Unless she said something further that isn’t in this clip?

TheBlueSite on May 4, 2010 at 3:02 PM

I don’t want to convict him before it’s time to do so

Gotta get with the program, girlie: Obi-Won and Holder both have KSM convicted prior to his trial. If you’re holding fast to that Constitution thingie, they’ll take away your knee pads.

ya2daup on May 4, 2010 at 3:03 PM

When Tea Party activist get rowdy a picnic breaks out.

kurtzz3 on May 4, 2010 at 3:06 PM

I’d take issue with the “outdated bigotry” comment. It isn’t bigotry to know history and immediately suspect muslim ties here, and most likely a person of middle eastern-descent. And almost surely a muslim or someone with ties to islam.

Just as I’d suspect old ladies if quilts started to appear around NYC.

But this bigotry she speaks of, aren’t liberals usually guilty of it too? I’d guess most liberals, upon hearing a failed car bombing, immediately suspected someone from the middle east/muslim/etc.

TheBlueSite on May 4, 2010 at 3:06 PM

any kind of Islamic country

Like an Islamic country that is White?
Like an Islamic country that is Asian?
Like an Islamic country that is Black?
Like an Islamic country that is Middle Eastern?

Is this Bimbo even aware that Islam is a world wide religion?

Is Bimbo, applied to Contessa Brewer, an insult or accurate description?

Yes, there are, Contessa meet mirror.
or

come from certain countries or whose skin color is a certain way

”.

The depth of knowledge here is truly amazing, like an abyss, deep, dark and empty.

I mean they use it as justification for really outdated bigotry

.”

If only I could come up with an example!

DSchoen on May 4, 2010 at 3:08 PM

The Left doesn’t really trust the People forming their own conclusions base on the facts. If the conclusions doesn’t adhere to their dogmas, they call it bigotry.

TwilightStruggler on May 4, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Contessa is feeling when she should be thinking, but that’s a default setting for the progressive leftists. They make themselves feel better with the crap that comes out of their mouths, where normal people just use the toilet for a sense of relief.

The fact that there’s a failed bombing and she’s disappointed because she was ROOTING for the suspect to be her political opposite and still American, shows an incredible lack of self awareness. That seems to be MSLSD’s calling card.

ontherocks on May 4, 2010 at 3:11 PM

And CNN is still more trusted by Independents than Fox. At least now I see why despite their branding as being non partisan they only have a tiny edge over Fox.

ernesto on May 4, 2010 at 2:39 PM

Just join us over here, ernesto. I agree that both sides can be despicable, but liberals simply have a greater platform, and that tends to make people lazy in their misconceptions.

Esthier on May 4, 2010 at 3:11 PM

When Tea Party activist get rowdy a picnic breaks out.

kurtzz3 on May 4, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Funny you should mention that:

“The ‘open forum’ chapter of the meeting was comprised of formulating action plans, distributing literature and campaign material, and hammering out the specifics of the upcoming picnic; the softball and horseshoe competitions promise to be fierce but politics is strictly prohibited.”

(shameless self-promotion alert)

russcote on May 4, 2010 at 3:12 PM

“So, the threat is not just coming from people who decide that America is the place to be and you know come here and want to become citizens. Obviously this guy did.”

Huh?

I coulda sworn that the only threats we faced were from people who decide that America is the place to be, and come here and want to become citizens….

How about we agree that it’s always a threat when people decide that their religion tells them to blow stuff up?

notropis on May 4, 2010 at 3:14 PM

Maybe she got the job because she’s good in bed. That’s about all I could think she has going.

bw222 on May 4, 2010 at 2:29 PM

No, she also has the correct political beliefs.

Del Dolemonte on May 4, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Is Bimbo, applied to Contessa Brewer, an insult or accurate description?

DSchoen on May 4, 2010 at 3:08 PM

I think it’s being overly generous.

notropis on May 4, 2010 at 3:16 PM

If you understand a thing this twit….

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on May 4, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Funny, but among the MSM being an ‘isolated loner’ is usually an indicator the criminal is violently psychopathic from the outset (psychopaths aren’t insane in the legal sense); the nature of the loner is never given a pass but instead sets up questions why no one did an intervention or saw it coming. In sum, the hysterical media tends to cast loners as inherently ‘dangerous’, potential time bombs.

Did the MSM make excuses of ‘isolation’ with the Columbine shooters? No! Instead, the MSM blamed guns. How about Jeffery Dahmer–was his being a loner an excuse in the MSM for his being a monster? No! Instead, they called him as he was: A serial killer who preyed even on underage boys.

Now, according to this female, ‘feeling isolated’ is an excuse with Shahzad, seeming to me almost a justification at least in this ‘journalist’s’ tiny mind. Why is that–because Shazad is a Muslim from the Middle East?

I wonder how this female would feel if, God forbid, she or one of her loved ones were harmed by someone other than a Tea Partier. To seemingly regret that a criminal is of one political stripe or other is like a Klucker wishing he’d been mugged by a black instead of by a guy white as he is.

Liam on May 4, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Is Bimbo, applied to Contessa Brewer, an insult or accurate description?

DSchoen on May 4, 2010 at 3:08 PM

I think it’s being overly generous.

notropis on May 4, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Agreed. She has the brain and speech pattern of a cocktail waitress, but she’s not hot enough to be a bimbo. That’s not to say I wouldn’t hit it — I would. But that’s a pretty low standard to use (wouldn’t you say, Lorien?).

Jaibones on May 4, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Just join us over here, ernesto. I agree that both sides can be despicable,
Esthier on May 4, 2010 at 3:11 PM

I’m sorry, but when have Republicans and/or Conservatives been “despicable?”

We on the Right are the ones with better ideas, values and positions on the issues.
We love the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and the Founding Fathers and their original intentions for our republic.
The Left loves corruption and Communism, Ché, Marx and Socialism.
‘Nuff said.

Jenfidel on May 4, 2010 at 3:21 PM

ha, talk about pulling the rug out from under my earlier arguments!

ernesto on May 4, 2010 at 2:39 PM

LMFAO +1 Kudos for venturing onto the thread. Be careful, though; I hear that trolling leads to high blood pressure.

We do have something in common, finally! I find the conventional liberal perspective to be completely baffling.

bitsy on May 4, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Pleas let me amend my previous. To quote myself:

To make my statement fully clear, I say this:

Did the MSM make excuses of ‘isolation’ with the Columbine shooters? No! Instead, the MSM blamed the availability of guns to so freely reach the hands of psychopathic isolated loners.

Liam on May 4, 2010 at 3:23 PM

I mean, “I’m really sorry this was a Muslim and not some militia guy?” ugh.

ernesto on May 4, 2010 at 2:39 PM

Powerful stuff, ain’t it ernesto? The left and right can both employ an annoying hypocrisy, and we’re all guilty of it. That’s why I always loved what Dennis Prager says: clarity is the most important part of the discussion.

And give Miss Brewer credit here: she is being very, very clear.

Jaibones on May 4, 2010 at 3:25 PM

ha, talk about pulling the rug out from under my earlier arguments!

ernesto on May 4, 2010 at 2:39 PM

Welcome, ernest. I’m sorry you had to get mugged and find out the hard way.

Laura in Maryland on May 4, 2010 at 3:27 PM

ernesto on May 4, 2010 at 2:39 PM

Pretty big stones to admit that, bud. Speaks greatly of your character.

MadisonConservative on May 4, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Liberalism as a philosophy will, if followed, get us all killed.

scotash on May 4, 2010 at 3:29 PM

Haiku Guy on May 4, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Very nice haiku
Please tell us how that explains
Ol’ Hellen Thomas

Laura in Maryland on May 4, 2010 at 3:31 PM

I’m sorry, but when have Republicans and/or Conservatives been “despicable?”

Jenfidel on May 4, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Republicans more than Conservatives…the Elian Gonzalez debacle…the Terry Schaivo ordeal…Christ, Michael Steele alone…

Plenty of good left-leaning people and plenty of bad right-leaning people. What percent did Reagan get in 84? There were plenty of people in there that were Dems. Meanwhile, Obama won in ’08…with help from some Republicans.

MadisonConservative on May 4, 2010 at 3:33 PM

ernesto on May 4, 2010 at 2:39 PM

Wow! I want to give you a big BIG hug!

AsianGirlInTights on May 4, 2010 at 3:36 PM

cupid stunt

Mirimichi on May 4, 2010 at 3:36 PM

TheBlueSite on May 4, 2010 at 3:02 PM

Why, in her ‘heart’ of hearts, was she lamenting the fact it was a muslim guy if she wasn’t wishing it to be a right-winger?

There is no reason for her to make her ‘argument’ about bigotry at all if she didn’t want to use this incident to tie it to the Right, get it?

catmman on May 4, 2010 at 3:37 PM

Well if you cut off the last two syllables, I’d say this woman is aptly named.

D2Boston on May 4, 2010 at 3:38 PM

ernesto on May 4, 2010 at 2:39 PM

If this opened your eyes even a sliver to the nonsense we have put up with for years – the demonization and being called every _____ist(fill in the blank here) in the book – then maybe you will be able to recognize it when it occurs in the future.

For instance: Conservatives support the AZ id law not because we are racist bigots, but because we believe that people who break the law should be brought to justice, not given amnesty, a pat on the back, and a lollipop in the name of “social justice” or what is “fair”.

MississippiMom on May 4, 2010 at 3:38 PM

Republicans more than Conservative

s…the Elian Gonzalez debacle…

Republicans had nothing to do with this: it was all Clinton and Janet Reno

the Terry Schaivo ordeal…

I’m delighted we tried to save Terry Schiavo, who died one of the most agonizing, unnecessary deaths I can think of.

Christ, Michael Steele alone…MadisonConservative on May 4, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Of course, you can’t make a point without the ubiquitous blasphemy and swearing.
Steele’s doing a good job–black Americans are paying attention to what the GOP has to say and we have a record number of black Republicans running for Congress this year.

Jenfidel on May 4, 2010 at 3:39 PM

Here’s what I think the left fails to understand. There’s no terror movement on the right. Certainly we have some crackpots, like these Hutaree whackos and it seems Tim McVeigh always gets associated with conservatives, but these are not movements. These are lone wolf incidents. On the other hand, there is a whole segment of Islam — a pretty big one at that — who are committed to a culture and a way of life that would render all of us extinct if they could have their way. That’s the difference between a rogue militia here or there and the radical Islamic extremist movement.

NoLeftTurn on May 4, 2010 at 3:39 PM

I’m sorry, but when have Republicans and/or Conservatives been “despicable?”

Jenfidel on May 4, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Seriously? You have never seen anything wrong with the party or even with individuals in the party?

Let’s see, amnesty was pushed by Bush with plenty of despicable tactics. Reagan actually gave illegals amnesty. The Southern Strategy isn’t something to be proud of, neither is Abramoff, the massive spending done by the Republican controlled Congress, Mark Foley, Larry Craig, and really a ton of other things that got so many R’s kicked out in 2006.

Do you need a full list? If so, let me know upfront exactly where the bar’s being set.

Esthier on May 4, 2010 at 3:40 PM

Very nice haiku
Please tell us how that explains
Ol’ Hellen Thomas

Laura in Maryland on May 4, 2010 at 3:31 PM

You have to go back to 1943 to see who Helen slept with in order to get her first job at UPI.

BigAlSouth on May 4, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Steele’s doing a good job

Jenfidel on May 4, 2010 at 3:39 PM

He gets a solid A-? Even Steele disagrees that blacks should be listening to the GOP.

Esthier on May 4, 2010 at 3:42 PM

That is what you get
When you choose on-air talent
Because she’s good in bed…

Haiku Guy on May 4, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Some will say,

She must be that ’cause

What else could it be?

Trochilus on May 4, 2010 at 3:44 PM

I’d so still tap it.

angryed on May 4, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Does anyone really take news reported by a blank faced hater named Contessa seriously?

miles on May 4, 2010 at 3:45 PM

Please tell us how that explains
Ol’ Hellen Thomas

Laura in Maryland on May 4, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Everyone’s beautiful with the lights off? Or maybe she has some hidden talents.

I actually had a friend tell me about a time she walked in on one of her roommates having sex in their shared living room. Apparently it was dark enough that she was able to walk past without them realizing it until he said, “you look so beautiful in the dark,” and they cracked up laughing (cause she wasn’t very pretty with the lights on).

Esthier on May 4, 2010 at 3:45 PM

Not seriously, no.
All Republicans aren’t cherubs, but they can hardly touch the Democrats for venality and corruption and pushing outright Leftism.

Let’s see, amnesty was pushed by Bush with plenty of despicable tactics.

I never saw President Bush use “despicable tactics” to push anything.
He was a gentleman and a statesman.
(And he wasn’t pushing “amnesty.”)

Reagan actually gave illegals amnesty.

It was supposed to be backed up by matching legislation to control illegal immigration and Congress didn’t do it.
Reagan regretted it later.

The Southern Strategy isn’t something to be proud of

Isn’t the whole “Southern strategy” thing largely myth?

, neither is Abramoff,

Abramoff worked for people in both parties.
Has he ever been successfully tied to Republicans?
I don’t think so.

the massive spending done by the Republican controlled Congress,

You can’t call anyone’s spending after what this Democrat controlled Congress has spent.

Craig and Foley both resigned and have never been found guilty of doing a single thing wrong.

Esthier on May 4, 2010 at 3:40 PM

Your Leftist attacks notwithstanding, you haven’t begun to show that Republicans can match the Democrats for corruption, evil, Leftism and soft Communism, the perpetration of the Socialist Welfare state, the weakening of our military and national defense and the raising of taxes to confiscatory levels to pay for their massive, but worthless programs.

Jenfidel on May 4, 2010 at 3:46 PM

Esthier on May 4, 2010 at 3:42 PM

I didn’t say “he gets a solid A-.”
You did.
I said that Steele was doing a good job.
And he is.

Jenfidel on May 4, 2010 at 3:48 PM

You have to go back to 1943 1843 to see who Helen slept with in order to get her first job at UPI.

BigAlSouth on May 4, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Fixed.

Del Dolemonte on May 4, 2010 at 3:50 PM

because there are a lot of peopleDemocrat politicians and media types who want to use this terrorist intent to justify harassing people who believe in a certain way or come from certain countries political parties or whose skin color is a certain way predominantly white. I mean they use it as justification for their outdated politically correct bigotry.

There, fixed it.

Susanboo on May 4, 2010 at 3:52 PM

That text is totally incoherent. And they make fun of Palin? jeeeeez.
ddrintn on May 4, 2010 at 1:39 PM

Like, I mean, you know like what, you know are, I mean, are you like, talking like, I mean, you know about?

Like, could, you know, provide us with, I mean, Like an example so we know like you know, know what I mean like talking about?

DSchoen on May 4, 2010 at 3:52 PM

Helen Thomas hasn’t been the same since her nasty breakup with Alexander the Great. (Slight Michael Huffington / Zsa Zsa joke implied.)

*************

angryed on May 4, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Better wrap it before you tap it. Who knows where someone that ditzy has been and I’d rather not speculate….

viking01 on May 4, 2010 at 3:54 PM

Republicans had nothing to do with this: it was all Clinton and Janet Reno

…and a ton of conservatives who threw the notion of family values right out the window when they said the boy should be kept here in America rather than sent back to be with his only surviving parent, his father.

I’m disgusted that we turned the woman into a national political talking point.

This isn’t the kid’s room. Quit whining.

Steele’s doing a good job

Jenfidel on May 4, 2010 at 3:39 PM

Jesus Christ on a cracker, you’re either in serious denial or have been living under a rock for the last year and a half. The dude has humiliated the GOP time and time again. Whether passively agreeing with network hosts who say the GOP rallies look like Klan rallies, whether going after Rush Limbaugh, whether playing the race card on those who criticize him…he’s a worthless loser that was chosen for the same reason Obama was – his skin color. Donations have been consistently down for the RNC, but nobody will touch him because they’ll be labeled a racist.

Good f**king grief, where have you been?

MadisonConservative on May 4, 2010 at 3:55 PM

I think Contessa was just trying to get in on the nomination for the biggest fool of the entire incident.

Both Bloomberg and Couric had played their hands early . . . he by suggesting the night before that it could very well be a tea party member, or at the very least someone who was opposed to the healthcare bill, and Couric for reporting his idiotic comments without any challenge.

Trochilus on May 4, 2010 at 3:56 PM

the Elian Gonzalez debacle…

MadisonConservative on May 4, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Uh, that took place on Clinton’s watch, Nimrod.

Attorney general Janet Reno ordered the return of Elián to his father and set a deadline of April 13, 2000… On April 20, Reno made the decision to remove Elián González from the house and instructed law enforcement officials to determine the best time to obtain the boy…In the pre-dawn hours of April 22, pursuant to an order issued by a federal magistrate, eight SWAT-equipped agents of the Border Patrol’s elite BORTAC unit as part of an operation in which more than 130 INS personnel took part[14] approached the house; they knocked, and identified themselves. When no one responded from within, they entered the house. Pepper-spray and mace were employed against those outside the house who attempted to interfere….

Del Dolemonte on May 4, 2010 at 3:56 PM

Trout pout!

bitsy on May 4, 2010 at 3:56 PM

Notice how Contessa goes to great lengths to not convict the “alleged” Times Square bomber before he received due process but outright condemns the “homegrown” Michigan suspects whose guns were all legal and only apparent crime was exercising unpopular free speech.

miles on May 4, 2010 at 3:57 PM

Hey Contessa, the Hutaree have been let out on bail. Apparently a judge didn’t find them as dangerous or the case so airtight as MSNBC would have us believe. I don’t have any idea if they are guilty or not, my point is YOU DON’T EITHER.

Just think how ugly it would be if someone said I hope that this violence is from (Insert protected class here).

jpmn on May 4, 2010 at 3:59 PM

massive, but worthless programs.

Jenfidel on May 4, 2010 at 3:46 PM

Worthless would be an upgrade. Their entitlements perpetuate waste and fraud and are destroying our future. And like all things progressive, are ultimately regressive have the opposite result of their stated aims.

ontherocks on May 4, 2010 at 4:00 PM

These are deeply sick and dishonest people.

ronsfi on May 4, 2010 at 4:02 PM

I didn’t say “he gets a solid A-.”
You did.

Jenfidel on May 4, 2010 at 3:48 PM

That was a joke, one I didn’t realize would go over your head. You are the biggest GOP water carrier I have ever met.

Esthier on May 4, 2010 at 4:02 PM

What will liberals turn to, when they can’t pin things on Conservatives? Round us up, and shoot us in front of massive ditches? hmmmmmmmmmm? I’m starting to wonder if this isn’t a daily thought for liberals.

capejasmine on May 4, 2010 at 4:03 PM

The sooner we accept the fact that the Media Establishment is completely corrupt and act accordingly, the sooner we’ll limit their power and effectiveness.

TheBigOldDog on May 4, 2010 at 4:04 PM

capejasmine on May 4, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Talk to some real radical liberals, and shooting us is definitely what they’d like. Much faster than rectal cancer, as Sean Penn hoped for us.

Then the libs can bill our families for the costs of the bullets.

Liam on May 4, 2010 at 4:08 PM

This woman is incoherent. At best.

rlwo2008 on May 4, 2010 at 4:09 PM

I wish it had of been the Boy Scouts that had bombed Pearl Harbor.

I wish it were the Amish that had Slaughtered the Jews in the Holocaust.

WTF

TheSitRep on May 4, 2010 at 4:11 PM

Contessa would look good in one of those full-body Burkas.

Karmi on May 4, 2010 at 2:02 PM

I think that we should send her, Janet Napolitano and Barney Frank to one of the many Muslim hotbeds in the Middle East, for a few weeks, and let the two women wear full-body burkas, and well, Barney can wear what ever guys like him wear, and let’s see how well they are treated by the jihadists. I wonder how long it would take for them to change their tune about who is a true terrorist; a tea party activist, or a Muslim extremist.

Susanboo on May 4, 2010 at 4:12 PM

ernesto on May 4, 2010 at 2:39 PM

ernesto, an honest post, thank you.
All political points of view are contradictory at times…and everyone is “alien” to your own perspective, since by definition, only you own that perspective.
You have the ability to hash out rational thought, which probably has confused some of us about you being liberal. Rational and liberal do not mix, and eventually you have to give have either one or the other…as proven by this liberal gals point; and Stephanie Edwards is a great example of being irrational, therefore will be liberal.
It must wear down some liberals trying to defend the neurotic statements that come out of the mouths of other liberals.

right2bright on May 4, 2010 at 4:13 PM

… is she referring to these folks who are now out on bail …

In a blistering attack, U.S. District Court Judge Victoria Roberts in Detroit said prosecutors had failed to persuade her the defendants were a danger to the community.

While they may have engaged in “offensive and hate-filled speech,” it was not at all clear that they had conspired to break any laws, Roberts wrote.

J_Crater on May 4, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Then the libs can bill our families for the costs of the bullets.

Liam on May 4, 2010 at 4:08 PM

Talk about it yeah, but they don’t own guns, can’t shoot and are really afraid to fight face to face.

If they thought it was time for that, they’d need a sub-contracter.

ontherocks on May 4, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Uh, that took place on Clinton’s watch, Nimrod.

Del Dolemonte on May 4, 2010 at 3:56 PM

Uh, and conservatives weighed in on what they thought should be down with the kid, Nimrod, including Robert Novak and Rush. They jabbered on about what Castro would do to the kid and completely ignored that his only living parent was still in Cuba. So much for “family values”.

MadisonConservative on May 4, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Seeing Eye Dogs

I run into these people and tell them that they can move to parts of the world where every problem is the fault of someone on their list of favorite villains. They could live there without the necessity of fantasy or the disappointment of reality.

I’m a racist reactionary in their view but I never hope that a lefty is responsible for any heinous acts. Nor do I want anyone hurt or killed.

I think that the American Psychiatric Association needs to review diatribes like this as they seem to be indicative of a real pathology.

The media has a related problem as evinced by the spitting and racial slur scandal wich arose from Pelosi’s Victory Promenade. The media made the outrageous remarks real. Then, despite our hero Breitbart’s offer, no proof of them could be found, of course.

This is proof of the aphorism that if you look for something hard enough, you are likely to find it. The scary part is that these distorted perceptions are in the social organ that sets the national perception.

Maybe they should look for jobs created or saved. The results may be “unexpected”.

IlikedAUH2O on May 4, 2010 at 4:16 PM

The basic fact is the it has come down to Tea Party vs bigots in the media. If these bigots in the media really want to see hatemongering racists, mirrors are not that hard to find. Contessa is definite bigot, but doesn’t have the brains to be anything else. She fits MSNBC perfectly.

volsense on May 4, 2010 at 4:16 PM

The problem with Libs is that there world view is just absolute bullsh!t.

Every assumption they have is false.
They want so much for right to be wrong and for wrong to be right but, everyday they are proven wrong. This may be why they are so violent at their rallies.

But every once in a while the ether wears off and one of them sees the light.

TheSitRep on May 4, 2010 at 4:19 PM

Reagan actually gave illegals amnesty.

Esthier on May 4, 2010 at 3:40 PM

Actuall he didn’t…he gave them a path to being here legally, with many hurdles not unlike what most “legal” have to do now.
Learn English, have a job, steady paycheck for length of time, pay taxes, take a test, several other…the word “amnesty” was never in his program…what changed was the democrats lied, changed the rules on him, and suckered him.
After that he made the statement he would never trust the dems again, and stuck to his word. The dems paid dearly for their deceit, but they just had to wait for another administration to continue their ways.

right2bright on May 4, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Memo to Contessa Brewer:

I hear Eliot Spitzer is hiring. Part time. Must be able to understand and follow simple written and verbal instructions. Nights and weekends. Lingerie dress code. Some stooping and kneeling required.

viking01 on May 4, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Republicans had nothing to do with this: it was all Clinton and Janet Reno

MadisonConservative on May 4, 2010 at 3:55 PM

Translated: “I made a mistake and was busted for it, but instead of admitting I was wrong I’ll simply try to change the subject”

BTW, Democrat Presidential “candidate” Algore initially sided with the conservatives on the Elian matter, then suddenly changed sides to support his Meal Ticket. A compelling case could be made that as a result he lost some votes from angry Cuban-Americans in the 2000 election.

Del Dolemonte on May 4, 2010 at 4:22 PM

TheSitRep on May 4, 2010 at 4:11 PM

The epic OJ Simpson trial was torture for two ladies I know.

One is black and I understand how that circus would bother you if you were she.

The other is white and has a deep wish for something like the “Like A Prayer” video by Madonna to happen and a white guy to get arrested for killing Ron and Nicole. She should get a job as a reported.

IlikedAUH2O on May 4, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Just a thought, Patriots: Never forget this woman’s name.

Liam on May 4, 2010 at 4:23 PM

MadisonConservative on May 4, 2010 at 4:16 PM

See my 4:22 post. Next?

Del Dolemonte on May 4, 2010 at 4:23 PM

I never saw President Bush use “despicable tactics” to push anything.
He was a gentleman and a statesman.

You’re naive.

(And he wasn’t pushing “amnesty.”)

Ah, a McCain supporter?

Reagan regretted it later.

So that makes it OK?

No. See how that works?

Has he ever been successfully tied to Republicans?
I don’t think so.

Proof is generally helpful here. Let me help you out].

It’s true that both parties have dirty hands in this one, but that doesn’t excuse what the Republicans did.

I’m sorry, but that’s as illogical as saying that because Pedro Alonso Lopez kill over 300 people, I can’t complain when someone else only kills 75, just because 300 is four times as much as 75. It’s hypocritical and cynically self serving.

Neither has Massa. Neither did OJ. Do you actually have a point here?

Jenfidel on May 4, 2010 at 3:46 PM

Your partisan rant notwithstanding, I 1) never said they were the same, and 2) haven’t been talking specially or solely about policies.

Esthier on May 4, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Contessa Brewer is on the air because she is saying what her producers want her to say.

Slowburn on May 4, 2010 at 4:26 PM

MadisonConservative on May 4, 2010 at 4:16 PM

To be fair, they weren’t wrong. The kid’s a propaganda piece, and so was that stupid photo that was completely unnecessary.

The entire thing could have been handled better.

right2bright on May 4, 2010 at 4:20 PM

It wasn’t in Bush’s or McCain’s either. Call it by another name, and it was still a huge mistake on his part. I have no sympathy for the man being suckered.

Overall the man was incredible. This wasn’t enough to taint him but was still a very bad decision.

Esthier on May 4, 2010 at 4:28 PM

It was established early on that this bombing was not done by a right-winger.

I saw on yesterday morning’s news that Napolitano was going through the “facts” of the case. It has been well-established that the Dept. of Homeland Security under this administration does not need facts to accuse “right-wing extremists”. Therefore, the bomber cannot have been from the Right.

malclave on May 4, 2010 at 4:30 PM

I shall be stealing this little pearl…

ladyingray on May 4, 2010 at 1:57 PM

It has a variety of uses.

shick on May 4, 2010 at 4:30 PM

Neither did OJ. Do you actually have a point here?

Esthier on May 4, 2010 at 4:24 PM