Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the Week?

posted at 9:47 am on May 2, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Let the games begin! It’s time once again to pick the Obamateurism of the Week, and we’ll just have to trust you to make the right decision. Of course, Obama doesn’t trust you to handle your own health insurance, but then again, he doesn’t trust you to find the country of Europe on a map, either. We’ll just have to see whether the poll hits a few potholes during the day.

Previous 2010 “winners”:

Comments

Not as rich a field as the last couple of weeks, but still a steady drip

Fynxbell on May 2, 2010 at 9:53 AM

#1 hands down

cmsinaz on May 2, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Yoop on May 2, 2010 at 9:53 AM

I guess Bambi missed the history of Stalin and Hitler working together to divide up Poland.

He must really hate the Poles.

William Amos on May 2, 2010 at 9:54 AM

It’s the mutual trust that stunned. Looks like The Magnificent One really doesn’t have a clue.

When was the last time there was ANY trust?

antisocial on May 2, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Was the “I think they’ve made enough money” slip last week?

John the Libertarian on May 2, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Was the “I think they’ve made enough money” slip last week?

John the Libertarian on May 2, 2010 at 9:56 AM

aaahhhh yes, that one would’ve been top choice for me as well…

cmsinaz on May 2, 2010 at 9:58 AM

Yoop on May 2, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Yoop, Obama is notoriously averse to the study of history. Very handy for a neo-marxist and the first post-American President.

After all, studying history might make him familiar with the utter failures of socialism and communism in the last century, and the inefficiencies and dangers of excessive government power and control over the economy. The cognitive dissonance would be deafening, even for the him.

novaculus on May 2, 2010 at 10:00 AM

Was the “I think they’ve made enough money” slip last week?

John the Libertarian on May 2, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Pretty sure it was this week, and yeah, that would be the easy winner.

NeighborhoodCatLady on May 2, 2010 at 10:02 AM

Was the “I think they’ve made enough money” slip last week?

John the Libertarian on May 2, 2010 at 9:56 AM

This would have been my pick as well. Will anyone ever ask Numbnutz if Hollywood stars/musicians/athletes have made enough money?

PatMac on May 2, 2010 at 10:03 AM

“One of the things that is a huge advantage for America compared to countries like Europe …”

For REAL, on tape and indisputable as opposed to vicious innuendo snarked by a low-life campaign functionary.
Own it, Øbummer, own it!

ExpressoBold on May 2, 2010 at 10:03 AM

Strong field this week – especially the first 3.

forest on May 2, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Yoop on May 2, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Nor any courses in economics, business, or ethics.

petefrt on May 2, 2010 at 10:04 AM

• I’m sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you’re not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we’re Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration.

I agree with Hillary. Can 2012 come any faster?

jimmy2shoes on May 2, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Picked #1 just because it has gotten to the point where it would be impossible to differentiate between amateurism and stupidity with this guy.

fourdeucer on May 2, 2010 at 10:05 AM

All of the above.

conservative pilgrim on May 2, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Was the “I think they’ve made enough money” slip last week?

John the Libertarian on May 2, 2010 at 9:56 AM

I’ll have an entry for it this coming week. It popped up too late to be an OOTD this week.

Ed Morrissey on May 2, 2010 at 10:07 AM

“… but still a steady drip.

Fynxbell on May 2, 2010 at 9:53 AM”

Yes, he certainly is!

KS Rex on May 2, 2010 at 10:12 AM

“I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money”

That right there. Winner, hands down.

Oxrock on May 2, 2010 at 10:12 AM

I’m a history nerd so I picked “Obama hails the “atmosphere of mutual trust” that existed between US and USSR in WWII”.

That makes me very very sad. It’s so deeply, deeply stupid, I don’t even know where to begin.

mjk on May 2, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Show me your insurance papers. I also would have chosen the “you’ve made enough money, capitalist stooge” if it were on the list.

Philly on May 2, 2010 at 10:16 AM

It popped up too late to be an OOTD this week.

Ed Morrissey on May 2, 2010 at 10:07 AM

I suppose we could argue that the slip was more of a confession than an Obamateurism.

John the Libertarian on May 2, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Ed, when you started this feature you probably worried about whether Dear Liar could keep delivering the goods.

No worries, mate.

GnuBreed on May 2, 2010 at 10:24 AM

All of the above + you (not me, or Soros, or Buffet, et al) made enough money

Dingbat63 on May 2, 2010 at 10:26 AM

It’s the whole package.

Fletch54 on May 2, 2010 at 10:29 AM

Yoop on May 2, 2010 at 9:53 AM
Nor any courses in economics, business, or ethics.

petefrt on May 2, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Suggesting the president begin taking fresh courses in all of these subjects would be appropriate for “the media’s choice” of an on the job trainee. Too bad we’ve had to wait almost two years to produce a vetting process in earnest.

Rovin on May 2, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Speaking of money, didn’t Obambi make 5.5 million this year? Isn’t that more than enough money? And how, exactly did he make 5.5 million?

NeighborhoodCatLady on May 2, 2010 at 10:35 AM

Yoop on May 2, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Ah, but like Holiday Inn, it did land him a job teaching constitutional law!

cartooner on May 2, 2010 at 10:41 AM

“I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money”

Opps

William Amos on May 2, 2010 at 10:41 AM

Was the “I think they’ve made enough money” slip last week?

John the Libertarian on May 2, 2010 at 9:56 AM

I would posit that that the above comment was not a result of stupidity or lack of thought but a direct declaration of ideology. The underpinning guideline for his redistribution of wealth.

Yoop on May 2, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Definitely the health insurance “papers”…

ladyingray on May 2, 2010 at 10:45 AM

I’m disappointed that Teh Won’s love of Iosif Stalin isn’t getting more votes.

steveegg on May 2, 2010 at 10:46 AM

He must really hate the Poles.

William Amos on May 2, 2010 at 9:54 AM

After all, without Solidarity, it is likely the USSR and East Germany would still be around.

steveegg on May 2, 2010 at 10:48 AM

“….atmosphere of mutual trust….”

“….countries like Europe….”

Is he really this stupid/ignorant/uninformed?

Lurking Vet on May 2, 2010 at 10:50 AM

Ed…I hate to say it…but sometimes I wish you gave us “a &b”, “a&c”.

Countries like Europe vs “Ihre papieren bitte?”

TexasEngineer on May 2, 2010 at 10:54 AM

I have never been ashamed of my country, but twice in my lifetime I have been ashamed of our President (one a philanderer; the current educated, but uninformed).

texabama on May 2, 2010 at 10:57 AM

What really annoys me about ObaMao is that he makes downright false or misleading claims in his public speeches, where no one has the capability to correct him because of the venue. He creates false choices and arguments via strawmen. He uses hyperbole to mischaracterize another point of view. He doesn’t so much sell his own policy as he does belittle any other point of view. He and his speechwriters are either without knowledge of history, or they are playing a dangerous game of rewriting it.

With his captive audience of graduates and strawman rhetoric, ObaMao belittles those who object to out-of-control big government. He may be confused. We are not a democracy; we are a constitutional republic whose citizens’ will should be represented by the government.

BTW The article about this U of M speech claims that Jen Granholm, Gov. of MI, is on the short list for the SC. Is that possible? Isn’t she Canadian?

onlineanalyst on May 2, 2010 at 11:06 AM

I chose Europe as a country. Why? Because if this idiot doesn’t realize, and the press doesn’t realize, and all those that still support this guy realize that he’s an idiot….the others are just after thoughts. He’s an idiot and idiots often end up entangling themselves. Such as the choice of being against paper checking when it comes to illegals, but not for health care? That’s a given, coming from a man who doesn’t know enough geography to be able to tell the difference between a nation, and a continent. LOL

capejasmine on May 2, 2010 at 11:06 AM

NeighborhoodCatLady on May 2, 2010 at 10:35 AM

And that doesn’t count the hundreds of millions Soros no doubt is paying him off the books, offshore, for destroying the economy.

TXUS on May 2, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Ed…I hate to say it…but sometimes I wish you gave us “a &b”, “a&c”.

Countries like Europe vs “Ihre papieren bitte?”

TexasEngineer on May 2, 2010 at 10:54 AM

LOL I’ve long given up asking for an “all of the above” option. lol

capejasmine on May 2, 2010 at 11:07 AM

He must really hate the Poles.

William Amos

Racist!

Crusader Rabbit on May 2, 2010 at 11:13 AM

The question leaves me wondering…has his friend Oprah made enough money yet?

scalleywag on May 2, 2010 at 11:17 AM

I went with No:1 because it is current, but his knowledge of WWII is abysmal!

OldEnglish on May 2, 2010 at 11:24 AM

it has gotten to the point where it would be impossible to differentiate between amateurism, lies, and stupidity with this guy.

FIFY

katablog.com on May 2, 2010 at 11:29 AM

Only citizens are required to prove themselves.

Cindy Munford on May 2, 2010 at 11:32 AM

He must really hate the Poles.

William Amos on May 2, 2010

He just thinks they acted stupidly to oppose their Soviet masters. He poses and acts like Mussolini but dreams like Stalin.

SKYFOX on May 2, 2010 at 11:36 AM

Obama embarrasses host mayor on potholes in speech, gripes about tepid reception to “hard choices thing”

Chose this one because it glaringly illustrates just what a child he is. He expects to be fawned over everywhere he goes, and when it doesn’t happen, it’s the fault of the people who were supposed to be doing the fawning.

Left Coast Right Mind on May 2, 2010 at 11:37 AM

Ah, but like Holiday Inn, it did land him a job teaching unconstitutional law!

cartooner on May 2, 2010 at 10:41 AM

FIFY

My choice was number 1 since he decided to dis my state.

chemman on May 2, 2010 at 11:58 AM

I didn’t vote for #1 because it isn’t a slip — those are just leftist policies. The other 4 are all more “unpresidential” in my view. I went with Europe as a country, which reminds me of his campaign statement that the U.S. has 57 states.

EconomicNeocon on May 2, 2010 at 12:03 PM

No further proof needed that a well-rounded education from the Havard Law School does not include any courses in geography, history, logic or honesty. Yoop on May 2, 2010 at 9:53 AM
Nor any courses in economics, business, or ethics. petefrt on May 2, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Government??? Management??? Anything that qualifies him to run the military, a healthcare system or an auto industry? Frankly, I’m still wondering about the Constitutional Law class. D*mn, wish those missing grades would somehow “show up!” Where’s the National Enquirer?

indypat on May 2, 2010 at 12:11 PM

LOL I’ve long given up asking for an “all of the above” option. lol capejasmine

Ed’s right…if he did this then “all” would win every week because Dear Leader is in a league of his own…but then, so is Plugs.

Dingbat63 on May 2, 2010 at 12:17 PM

I’m waiting for the headline:
HARVARD FILES SUIT AGAINST OBAMA FOR GROSS EMBARRASSMENT AND REASON FOR DECLINE IN APPLICANTS.

Cybergeezer on May 2, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Ed Morrissey on May 2, 2010 at 10:07 AM

While you’re already tallying up new OOTDs for the new week, how about the combined golfing, WH meeting with Bono, campaign stops, and the Correspondents dinner all taking precedence over the oil spill…but sending in SWAT teams?

selias on May 2, 2010 at 12:25 PM

President Makes-It-Up-As-He-Bumbles-Along Obama demonstrates the folly of voting for an incompetent, inexperienced, pandering, lying idiot just because of his appealing, white guilt-assuaging skin tone.

Martin Luther King, Jr., who railed against judging people by the color of their skin instead of the content of their character, gave his life so that we would end up this crass, race-baiting buffoon?

Sleazebag-In-Chief.

profitsbeard on May 2, 2010 at 12:30 PM

“onlineanalyst on May 2, 2010 at 11:06 AM”

Excellent analysis.

KS Rex on May 2, 2010 at 12:47 PM

profitsbeard on May 2, 2010 at 12:30 PM

At the risk of sounding really, really paranoid, I’ve been asking myself where Obama got the idea to rrun for the Presidency-a job he honestly doesn’t like and is not good at. Did some light bulb go on and he decided that he could change the country in this job or did outside influences convince him of this. Did he not truly understand the job and thought all that would ever be needed was his tongue and vocal cords? Was it the glamour of being the first black Prez? No matter the reason, he’s such a colossal disaster that he’s rapidly falling into the”…too awful to fail” department. Only the prestige of the Office keeps him from being drummed out of it.

jeanie on May 2, 2010 at 12:57 PM

One Obama hypocrisy this week – Yesterday he condemned criticism of the Government as leading to violence. He was clearly referring to the Tea Party folks. But there has been no Tea Party violence at all. Yet, Obama criticized the Arizona government for it’s immigration legislation. And Obama’s government criticism has lead to violent hispanic protests in La., Cal, and Wisconsin. Bottles thrown at cops, fires and windows broken. All the violence is on the left – physician heal thyself.

tommyboy on May 2, 2010 at 1:11 PM

tommyboy on May 2, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Yes, but that’s Obama violence. It’s not violence, it’s protest and dissent doncha know.

jeanie on May 2, 2010 at 1:14 PM

#1 hands down

cmsinaz on May 2, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Ditto… Even though 5 is tempting. But as mentioned we all know his knowledge and understanding of Europe is lacking and we would expect such a comment from him on any given day.

WhoU4 on May 2, 2010 at 1:15 PM

Did Churchill, Stalin, and Roosevelt speak Austrian at Yalta?

jukin on May 2, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Did Churchill, Stalin, and Roosevelt speak Austrian at Yalta?

jukin on May 2, 2010 at 1:24 PM

It wasn’t Australian?

jdkchem on May 2, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Hey, Ed. Have you copyrighted the word ‘Obamateurism’ yet?

There is an ever expanding demand for the commodity.

percysunshine on May 2, 2010 at 3:20 PM

What about Obama doing nothing about the oil spill for 8 days. I wonder if celebrities will accuse him of hating black people.

Mojave Mark on May 2, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Where was the quote about Obama thinking people have made enough money at a certain point!?

nickj116 on May 2, 2010 at 3:48 PM

To me, #1 is more an example of straight up hypocrisy and racial pandering. #3, we knew he was lying when he said it to begin with, so it doesn’t strike me as surprising. Irritating, but not a surprise.

#2, however, to me shows a fundamental ignorance of history and international relations. This is the sort of guy who will expect a hostile or semi-hostile country to be our ally, and be simply shocked when they don’t behave in our interests.

You treat the world like that, and someone is going to bite you backside off.

Voyager on May 2, 2010 at 4:11 PM

Definitely the health insurance “papers”…

ladyingray on May 2, 2010 at 10:45 AM

Obama was too busy with backroom deals to read the bill!

BTW, are you ok? The flooding around middle/west Tennessee is horrible. My family can’t get through Nashville; stranded in Murfreesboro, they were heading home from Georgia. Downtown Nashville is flooding now, where freinds are holed up in hotels. Friends are stuck in Memphis also.

TN Mom on May 2, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Democrats and some Republicans go wacko over any attempted interference with abortion because it violates a women’s 14th Amendment privacy rights. But my private medical records will be reviewed by federal bureaucrats and IRS personal; so I have no expectation of privacy when it comes to MY medical records.

amr on May 2, 2010 at 8:16 PM

What a pathetic embarrassment Obama is.

Jaibones on May 2, 2010 at 8:49 PM

I would have added ‘haven’t you made enough already’ quip.

ArmchairEnergist on May 2, 2010 at 8:50 PM

This contest ued to be funny…now it just makes me sick. The incompetent in the White House is a dangerous embarrassment to us all.

walkingboss on May 2, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Here’s a short video I made expressing my disgust over the hypocrisy of the illegals paper-showing “harassment” compared to REAL American citizens having to prove we have healthcare insurance in 2014.

Really, Obama, who is being harassed?

MsUnderestimated on May 2, 2010 at 11:53 PM