Quotes of the day

posted at 10:32 pm on April 30, 2010 by Allahpundit

“After making national headlines for a new law on illegal immigrants, the Arizona Legislature passed a bill Thursday that would ban ethnic studies programs in the state that critics say currently advocate separatism and racial preferences…

“The new bill would make it illegal for a school district to teach any courses that promote the overthrow of the U.S. government, promote resentment of a particular race or class of people, are designed primarily for students of a particular ethnic group or ‘advocate ethnic solidarity instead of the treatment of pupils as individuals.’…

“‘Traditionally, the American public school system has brought together students from different backgrounds and taught them to be Americans and to treat each other as individuals, and not on the basis of their ethnic backgrounds,’ [State Superintendent for Public Instruction Tom] Horne said. ‘This is consistent with the fundamental American value that we are all individuals, not exemplars of whatever ethnic groups we were born into. Ethnic studies programs teach the opposite, and are designed to promote ethnic chauvinism.’”

***
“The Arizona Department of Education recently began telling school districts that teachers whose spoken English it deems to be heavily accented or ungrammatical must be removed from classes for students still learning English.

“State education officials say the move is intended to ensure that students with limited English have teachers who speak the language flawlessly. But some school principals and administrators say the department is imposing arbitrary fluency standards that could undermine students by thinning the ranks of experienced educators…

“‘This is just one more indication of the incredible anti-immigrant sentiment in the state,’ said Bruce Merrill, a professor emeritus at Arizona State University who conducts public-opinion research.”

***
“Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is expected to announce Monday if he’ll run for Arizona governor.

“Several sources confirm to the ABC15 Investigators that Arpaio has already made a decision, and will likely run for the office.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

All these protests should be good practice for when the majority of conservatives actually are minorities.

The Race Card on May 1, 2010 at 3:07 AM

Will there be gas chambers for minorities in this coming new order of yours?

MB4 on May 1, 2010 at 3:10 AM

Okie dokie. Sorry for calling you insane Macncheez.

Narutoboy on May 1, 2010 at 12:59 AM

Oh no biggie, absolutely no need for that,
but thanks very much . I didn’t mind at all, its FUN actually. No need to beat yourself over it

macncheez on May 1, 2010 at 3:13 AM

I’m mad. You’re mad. We’re all mad. Otherwise we wouldn’t be here.

Cheshire Cat on May 1, 2010 at 1:01 AM

Nope I’m not mad
I come here to get mad and I’m so disappointed today :-(

macncheez on May 1, 2010 at 3:18 AM

MB4 on May 1, 2010 at 3:04 AM

You’ve been riding my nuts lately. But, you never had time for me before.

Must be my new do.

The Race Card is the most rapid-fire, all purpose, over used, ad hominem and vapid weapon of smear, mass deception and diversion ever conceived by man.

Please cite me for me one instance, one, during which you expressed similar outrage over racism toward a Democrat or non-conservative minority.

Heavens to Betsy, The Race Card learned a new word and a new term.

MB4 on April 29, 2010 at 5:16 PM

“Racial-resentment” was a phrase used by me repeatedly before Newsweek’s report this week confirming said resentment among TPers.
***

You will be proud to know that you’ve been added to a wonderful list of some of my favorite racial-agitators. Unfortunatly, not all of them are bigots like you. Some are just frustrated by minorities. Nonetheless, it’s a good group of bigots and some awesome sympathizers. You guys can probably save some money by buying white sheets in bulk.

The Race Card on May 1, 2010 at 3:20 AM

Racist Mexican Gangs “Ethnic Cleansing” Blacks In L.A.

Latino thugs indiscriminately murder blacks regardless of gang membership, genocidal purge aligns with radical Aztlan theology.

Racist Mexican gangs are indiscriminately targeting blacks who aren’t even involved in gang culture, as part of an orchestrated ethnic cleansing program that is forcing black people to flee Los Angeles. The culprit of the carnage is the radical Neo-Nazi liberation theology known as La Raza, which calls for the extermination of all races in America besides Latinos, and is being bankrolled by some of the biggest Globalists in the U.S.

A story carried on the liberal website Alternet, charts an explosion in brutal murders of blacks by Hispanic street gangs in L.A. Far from being gang on gang violence, the Latinos are targeting innocent blacks in accordance with a concerted ethnic cleansing campaign that seeks to eradicate all blacks from Hispanic neighborhoods.

MB4 on May 1, 2010 at 3:20 AM

I registered ObamaVeraBaker.com in case this story turns out to be true. It’s the capitalist in me, trying to get some of that Obama money.

Narutoboy on May 1, 2010 at 3:21 AM

Will there be gas chambers for minorities in this coming new order of yours?

MB4 on May 1, 2010 at 3:10 AM

Whatever the climate is now for minorities is what it will become for future minorities. No worries, right?

The Race Card on May 1, 2010 at 3:21 AM

MB4 on May 1, 2010 at 3:20 AM

That article should prove interesting for some readers. Unfortunately for me, I already have personal and harrowing experiences with this sad fact of life in LA.

Many, people in LA start out as close friends only to be turned against each other because of their neighborhood, race or family name.

I don’t know what you mean to prove by citing a problem which I mentioned years ago at Hot Air. I think it’s good info but I don’t see the connection to your typically focused rants.

The Race Card on May 1, 2010 at 3:28 AM

At risk of getting hit by a bullet, I have to say that The Race Card has a point. There is this resentment held against many in the minorities. I demonstrated this with the Fox Nation article example. There were about 50 comments and 99% of them made a comment similar to this: “That’s because white people aren’t lazy, we don’t have sex all day and spit out babies, and we actually have to work to provide for their families.” The story was about a study showing that white people didn’t have as much sex.

So, it’s there. Definitely not as big as people make it out to be. And yes, Democrats have an equal amount of issues, yes, regarding race. But that doesn’t mean we should ignore our own problems.

Narutoboy on May 1, 2010 at 3:29 AM

* that should say “against minorities,” I was originally going to put minority community, hence the error.

Narutoboy on May 1, 2010 at 3:31 AM

Never minding that I don’t live for race, which racism toward a Democrat or non-conservative minority were you referring to? Racism toward Clarence Thomas? Allen West? Oh that’s right they are conservatives so maybe you think of them as Uncle Toms who get what’s coming to them.

BTW, I just pointed out to you Latino racism, and deadly racism at that, towards blacks. Doesn’t that count at all? That alone out to be worth a good solid B plus.

The Race Card on May 1, 2010 at 3:20 AM

All this hate you carry around is not healthy for you. It will consume you completely at some point. It’s probably already taken more years off your life than smoking or being overweight would do..

MB4 on May 1, 2010 at 3:31 AM

The Race Card on May 1, 2010 at 3:28 AM

Tell him about the perpetual “greenlight” on blacks in many areas. Tell him how it doesn’t matter if you are a doctor, postal worker, just a kid or gang member.

Please tell it.

The Race Card on May 1, 2010 at 3:32 AM

You guys can probably save some money by buying white sheets in bulk.

The Race Card on May 1, 2010 at 3:20 AM

Oh, I don’t know about any of the others on your lengthy list, but if you get me any attire for Christmas, I don’t much like white. Maybe something pastel.

MB4 on May 1, 2010 at 3:37 AM

The Race Card on May 1, 2010 at 3:28 AM

The Race Card on May 1, 2010 at 3:32 AM

You really shouldn’t talk to yourself so much, The Race Card. It doesn’t create a good impression. At least get an additional userid.

MB4 on May 1, 2010 at 3:40 AM

so maybe you think of them as Uncle Toms who get what’s coming to them.

I have had to defend myself as a black conservative against liberals for more than a decade. I’m not going to dignify that part of your comment with deep consideration.

I will say that being a conservative does not make me blind to the massive uptick in racial-discord and resentment on the right that correlates directly to the emergence and ascendancy of BO as POTUS.

You don’t want to understand, so I cannot help you.

More importantly, please stop ticking-off the names of black people like they’re hostages to be released according to your need for street-cred. Being a black conservative does not mean being available for others to co-opt and lay claim to like a talisman or tiki. Do you rub our heads for good luck too?

Run along now. You haven’t proclaimed your desire for Thomas Sowell to become POTUS in a long time.

The Race Card on May 1, 2010 at 3:46 AM

The Race Card on May 1, 2010 at 3:21 AM

Well given what you think it is now, I would think a lot of folks should be very worried if you ever were to get into power by some exceedingly remote chance. You seem as angry at those of another ethnicity as Hitler was at Jews, maybe more so.

MB4 on May 1, 2010 at 3:47 AM

The Race Card on May 1, 2010 at 3:46 AM

So you dissemble and take the fifth in other words.

BTW, I never heard of a black conservative before who obsessed about race 24×7 and went around calling so many people racists and bigots. Are you sure you are not trying to pull my leg with that claim of being a conservative? Hell I don’t even know if you are really black now.

MB4 on May 1, 2010 at 3:51 AM

Listen, The Race Card, this has all been most enjoyable but I must go iron my white sheets and hood now to be ready for the weekend.

MB4 on May 1, 2010 at 3:53 AM

The Race Card on May 1, 2010 at 3:46 AM

Oh, before I go iron my white sheets and hood, I don’t recall that I ever advocated Thomas Sowell for president, although I might have once or twice some time ago. I am into Allen West now. Do a site search.

MB4 on May 1, 2010 at 3:56 AM

You don’t want to understand, so I cannot help you.

The Race Card on May 1, 2010 at 3:46 AM

You have really gone round the bend now. His being half black is only one of Obama’s many traits and characteristics and not at all even on most people’s lists, let alone at the top. One of Obama’s traits and characteristics is his own bigotry. As much as you don’t want to believe it most all opposition to Obama is based on his actions and policies, not on his melatonin.

But you don’t want to understand, so I cannot help you.

Now, I must really be off to do my sheets.

MB4 on May 1, 2010 at 4:05 AM

I left a message for you above, Allasomething (yeah, I misspelled it). Your name is anathema alone. You need to change it. Truly. You’re a pundit for Allah?????

Bahhh.

Opinionator on May 1, 2010 at 4:11 AM

This allaguy needs to GO. Bah! I will not spell it’s name.

Opinionator on May 1, 2010 at 4:13 AM

This doesn’t bother you.

Narutoboy on May 1, 2010 at 12:42 AM

As long as other races’ websites are doing it too , who am I to tell any races’ website to say what they want ? They can all go to he!! for all I care..I don’t belong to any of those races . But I don’t dig picking on the hate on any race’s website , any race, for doing the same $h!t other races’s websites are doing themselves.

macncheez on May 1, 2010 at 12:54 AM

The predominate reason that “white-supremacists” are vilified and other race’s “hate sites” aren’t is obvious – the history of Blacks in this country (about time to lay it to rest, IMO). It won’t change until the “old guard” of the Legacy Media retires, it and anti-military have been a casus belli for the LSM since the 60′s. Etc., ad nauseam.

For me, it’s just personally embarrassing. If I was hispanic, or black, I’d be embarrassed for those sites. I strongly decry, however, the fact of “black caucus” or ANY race-specific caucus in the Federal Legislature – it should be COLOR-BLIND and harbor no cliques or subdivisions based on race. Federal law prohibits “discrimination” based on race, creed, sex, etc….

So, assume I were a Congressman. Assume I were an Idiot.(but I repeat myself…) I’d try to join a minority-based caucus and scream to the heavens and the ACLU when my application was rejected because of my race.

Who is John Galt on May 1, 2010 at 4:17 AM

Please tell it.

The Race Card on May 1, 2010 at 3:32 AM

If this was to me….

Well, I’ve had a different experience than you have. I haven’t knowingly experienced racism in real life, believe it or not. Only online. I grew up in Colorado, middle class area, very balanced when it came to the races. But my family, who grew up in Mississippi, have told me similar things as you have.

Narutoboy on May 1, 2010 at 4:21 AM

Who is John Galt on May 1, 2010 at 4:17 AM

Cease with this common-sense attitude – you’ll upset the “victims”!

OldEnglish on May 1, 2010 at 4:23 AM

The Race Card on May 1, 2010 at 3:46 AM

Your hypothetical “massive uptick” ain’t coming from the “right” or the Tea Party. Every time I heard racism mentioned, it’s Legacy Media or the Administration making the accusations. Pure projection, and an excellent method of fanning the flames – keeping the dead story alive.

Even your handle shows your hand – agitation. Ye who live in glass houses…should get the damn chip off ye shoulder.

What kind of dementia does it take to be a troll? “Enquiring” minds want to know…

Who is John Galt on May 1, 2010 at 4:31 AM

Who is John Galt on May 1, 2010 at 4:17 AM

Cease with this common-sense attitude – you’ll upset the “victims”!

OldEnglish on May 1, 2010 at 4:23 AM

Heh. I won’t cease even IN the re-education camps. Hence, I won’t be going…Heh. :)

Who is John Galt on May 1, 2010 at 4:35 AM

You guys can probably save some money by buying white sheets in bulk.

The Race Card on May 1, 2010 at 3:20 AM

This is so disturbing at so many levels

macncheez on May 1, 2010 at 5:05 AM

The Race Card on May 1, 2010 at 3:32 AM

Are you talking to me? Or to yourself in the third-person?

The Race Card on May 1, 2010 at 5:50 AM

You guys can probably save some money by buying white sheets in bulk.

The Race Card on May 1, 2010 at 3:20 AM

This is a bigoted statement. You lumped us together, as if we were all the same. I have not seen conservatives on this site claiming white supremacy. Could you link that for me Race Card? Your claim is that ALL conservatives on this site are White Supremacists. Links please?

IowaWoman on May 1, 2010 at 5:52 AM

Who is John Galt on May 1, 2010 at 4:31 AM

Carl Jung said, “Projections change the world into the replica of one’s unknown face.”

DrMagnolias on May 1, 2010 at 6:47 AM

I’d say the mood in Arizona is different. Hello, Senator Hayworth!

Kafir on May 1, 2010 at 7:32 AM

I think the media is going to be in for a tough time squaring their past descriptions of tea parties to what is going to go on today. But I have every confidence in their abilities.

Cindy Munford on May 1, 2010 at 7:50 AM

Cindy Munford on May 1, 2010 at 7:50 AM

Easy.

Tea party = racists.

Illegal alien mob = victims of said racism.

angryed on May 1, 2010 at 8:00 AM

About 15 years ago, they lowered the requirements for
citizenship to almost nothing, including the English requirement.

Blake on May 1, 2010 at 8:04 AM

Cindy Munford on May 1, 2010 at 7:50 AM

Mornin’, Cindy. I agree. What a conundrum they’ll have, eh? Today is going to be a wild ride…yet it’s the little old tea-partying ladies who get the SWAT teams.

Between the amnesty bunch and this developing Obama story…what a day this is shaping up to be. What a month, perhaps.

Grace_is_sufficient on May 1, 2010 at 8:09 AM

A link to a tweet on twitter to a twat by a twit.

thomasaur on April 30, 2010 at 10:57 PM

I talk pretty someday,too.

Wolfen on May 1, 2010 at 8:36 AM

Illegal alien mob = victims of said racism.

angryed on May 1, 2010 at 8:00 AM

Thereby making inappropriate behavior permissible? I guess I shouldn’t prejudge today’s events on past history.

Cindy Munford on May 1, 2010 at 8:50 AM

Grace_is_sufficient on May 1, 2010 at 8:09 AM

I don’t know much about a developing story on Mr. Obama. Is it the cheating thing? If so I expect to see many stories on the positive attributes of multiple partners for men in high profile stressful jobs. It’s good for them and good for the country.

Cindy Munford on May 1, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Cindy Munford on May 1, 2010 at 8:53 AM

You are the best! Right on point in lady like words.

katy the mean old lady on May 1, 2010 at 9:03 AM

You are the best! Right on point in lady like words.

katy the mean old lady on May 1, 2010 at 9:03 AM

But you are the one that knows that there are some days when some situations just shout out for meanness. The meaner the better. ;-)

Yoop on May 1, 2010 at 9:07 AM

Yoop on May 1, 2010 at 9:07 AM

Hell that’s most evry day lately. Why do I have a picture of Cindy in church clothes?Lead lined gloves and a pretty hat with a huge sharpened hat pin?

katy the mean old lady on May 1, 2010 at 9:14 AM

katy the mean old lady on May 1, 2010 at 9:14 AM

I wish, it sounds divine.

Cindy Munford on May 1, 2010 at 9:29 AM

About 15 years ago, they lowered the requirements for
citizenship to almost nothing, including the English requirement.

Blake on May 1, 2010 at 8:04 AM

Really? I’m curious. Links?

Who is John Galt on May 1, 2010 at 10:35 AM

Sheriff Joe for Governor?
YESSSSSS!!!!!
I’m moving to AZ, baby!!!!

n0doz on May 1, 2010 at 11:10 AM

NOOOOOOOO, don’t do this Sheriff Joe, stay where you are!

cmsinaz on May 1, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Go Joe! I hope he does run and win. My brother-in-law in AZ already hates him. This would be more chocolate on the ice cream.

Mirimichi on May 1, 2010 at 11:35 AM

I don’t know if Joe’s popularity as sheriff can vault him into the governor’s office, but he could hardly do worse than Napolitano and she lip-locked her way to a cabinet post.

SKYFOX on May 1, 2010 at 1:51 PM