Obama: “I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money”

posted at 8:48 am on April 29, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Via News Alert and Breitbart TV, consider this Share the Wealth 2010. Barack Obama went off the TelePrompter in his speech to a Quincy, Illinois audience about Wall Street reform. After saying that Democrats don’t begrudge success that’s “fairly earned,” Obama then ad-libs — and reveals more about himself than he probably wanted:

We’re not, we’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that’s fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money. But, you know, part of the American way is, you know, you can just keep on making it if you’re providing a good product or providing good service. We don’t want people to stop, ah, fulfilling the core responsibilities of the financial system to help grow our economy.

Compare that to his remarks as prepared for delivery:

Now, we’re not doing this to punish these firms or begrudge success that’s fairly earned. We don’t want to stop them from fulfilling their responsibility to help grow our economy.

He should have stuck with the TelePrompter. The President doesn’t get to decide when people have “made enough money.” In fact, as the radio host notes, that’s a statist point of view. Furthermore, the responsibility of an entrepreneur isn’t to “grow our economy,” core or otherwise. It’s to grow his own economy. In a properly regulated capitalist system, the natural tension of self-interests create economic growth through innovation and efficient use of capital and resources.

Put simply, a free people work for themselves, not for the government. Barack Obama seems to have a problem understanding that.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 7 8 9 10 11 12

why is this thread so long?

Inanemergencydial on April 29, 2010 at 6:04 PM

why is this thread so long?

Inanemergencydial on April 29, 2010 at 6:04 PM

Dark-Star delivered his Communist Manifesto and received a righteous smackdown for it.

kingsjester on April 29, 2010 at 6:05 PM

You were spot on.

DarkCurrent on April 29, 2010 at 5:59 PM

Ah, thanks.

crr6 actually mocked me for once having been homeless.

That’s ‘love’? From a liberal, of all such ‘enlightened’ people?

Six is…well, whatever.

I’ve met true liberals. There’s this couple in downtown Buffalo that is truly as they believe: Out of their own pockets with donations, they feed the hungry and the homeless. THAT I can respect.

Of the trolls here, not so much.

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 6:06 PM

kingsjester on April 29, 2010 at 6:05 PM

I’m typically not the spark notes type, but I figured 6.5 pages were inane arguments from ignorance and straw men.

Thanks!

Inanemergencydial on April 29, 2010 at 6:07 PM

I am so disgusted by this notion that the question ‘How many sandwiches can you eat, how many cars can you drive?’ is taken seriously?

What if, dear moron-in-chief, I wish to go to the moon.

What if I despise you, and your destruction of our space program and decide, I wish to create my own? How many billions would that take? 100Billion? Who are you to tell me I can not do that?

What if I wish to buy Microsoft and convert their products to open source?

What if I want to own a baseball team?

What if I want to collect Art work?

Support Poetry?

Record thousands of artists singing hymns?

print copies of the Torah for every person on Earth?

Supply the AIDS vaccine to every man woman and child in Africa?

What if I want to burn cash in a giant bon fire?

Who the bloody hell is Barrack-the-freakin-blithering-imbecile OBAMA to tell ME what to do? He’s my damned public servant that’s who and he should be doing what I say. He ain’t NOTHING and he ain’t nobody.

He’s a pathetic pile of rotting trash, bad smells and worse ideas.

WashingtonsWake on April 29, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Of the trolls here, not so much.

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 6:06 PM

Charity knows no ideological bounds. I know people decidedly un-Left who spend nigh every weekend in places like skid row in LA helping feed, clothe, and care for people.

nico on April 29, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Fascism; gateway to communism.

SKYFOX on April 29, 2010 at 6:23 PM

nico on April 29, 2010 at 6:22 PM

And that’s my whole point, going back a few posts.

Liberals are quick to say Cons like me don’t give, yet many of us do. So, liberals lie.

I’ve been mocked by crr6 for once having been homeless; my experiences in her eyes not being a value to her, but a denigration of me, personally. Six is double-minded and, really, a liar.

Liberals really are NOT decent people.

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 6:25 PM

How many pairs of shoes does Dear Leader’s wife need?
How often does he really need to play golf? He is so concerned with the less fortunate, he should be out there every chance he gets to feed them and impart his wisdom to them so they too can achieve what he has achieved. Of course, he would have to actually go into those neighborhoods.

lonestar1 on April 29, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Not once has a lib, a troll, suggested that to any of us. And, knowing the Cons here, I know you have.

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 6:25 PM

“There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as caring and sensitive because he wants to expand the government’s charitable programs is merely saying that he is willing to do good with other people’s money. Well, who isn’t? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he will do good with his own money— if a gun is held to his head. ”

–P. J. O’Rourke, Why I Am A Conservative

inviolet on April 29, 2010 at 6:31 PM

At this point, Barracky boy, you’ve made enough decisions!

Cybergeezer on April 29, 2010 at 6:35 PM

inviolet on April 29, 2010 at 6:31 PM

True charity begins and ends with an open heart. All else is full of lies, theft, and someone else’s greed.

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Liberals really are NOT decent people.

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 6:25 PM

They are allowed to benifit from our capitalist system and mock others failures, crying foul if a failure touches them. The homeless? The poor? not there problem, that is governments place to take care of. Personal responsibility is an arcane and outdated concept. They are educated to the point of incompetence in most cases, and flat out ignorant to history and the real world in others. Only they are allowed to continually try the same tired economically destructive and freedom stealing ideas time and time again. Failure after failure only to blame the system that truly works, our American system, the system that allows them to spout their nonsense for their failures time and time again.
Decent people though? I know many liberals and some are decent, some not, but in all cases terribly misguided and in need of protecting from their own follies.

Koa on April 29, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Yay! Floating popups just like TownHall.com! What a coincidence!

Akzed on April 29, 2010 at 6:43 PM

This is a dangerous man, folks. He feels righteous.

Akzed on April 29, 2010 at 6:45 PM

And that’s my whole point, going back a few posts.

Liberals really are NOT decent people.

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 6:25 PM

LEFTISTS are even less decent. Much of the drivel you see here is closer to Mao than it is Adlai Stevenson.

nico on April 29, 2010 at 6:49 PM

…but in all cases terribly misguided and in need of protecting from their own follies.

Koa on April 29, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Protecting? Who will protect them, but the self-assumed power of government?

Any solutions other than that?

crr6–loving liberal–mocked what I went through. Where was SHE, in her ‘compassion’, when I needed to eat? Where will be anyone, even among the most Left, when you might need them the most?

Let me turn you on to a song, called “I Got Mine.”

No, Koa, not even a lib–and especially never a lib–will lift you up when you might be down. As evidence, I present crr6 for Exhibit A in my prosecution.

For more fun…

Were you around in the 80s when Martin Sheen slept on a subway grate in NYC to show ‘solidarity’ with the homeless? That was an insult to the weakest and neediest of people. It’s easy to sleep on a subway grate one lousy night, when in the morning you jump a jet go fly back to your mansion.

Never once in that, did I hear Sheen spent any money at all to give those people a meal. He didn’t even spread his wealth to buy them blankets. Or even so much as to pay to wash their clothes.

Make no mistake about liberals: they write their ‘charity’ off as a deduction on their income taxes.

Doing so is NOT giving at all.

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 6:52 PM

nico on April 29, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Liberals are just insulting.

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 6:53 PM

In case you missed it, I was agreeing with you.

Koa on April 29, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Liberals really are NOT decent people.

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Gee. That’s a great attitude to try to win them over and make them see sense. Tell them they’re horrible as people. That’ll make them really reconsider the issues.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Well of course he does, every anti-american communist believes the same thing.

ray on April 29, 2010 at 6:57 PM

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Maybe winning them over wasn’t his goal in that post.

nico on April 29, 2010 at 6:59 PM

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 6:56 PM

As evidence proves, they can’t be ‘won over’. You know this, that all you’ve done hasn’t won a single one over.

You want a fight, obviously with me like you’ve done before and I’m not into it. Go fight with your REAL enemies. You want to make me one, do it on your own.

I’m NOT the one out to steal your liberty, so quit trying to battle me then later try saying you’re my friend.

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 7:00 PM

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Calling them what they are is the first step toward solving the problem. Exaggerating what someone said is a step toward creating a problem.

ray on April 29, 2010 at 7:00 PM

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Do whatcha gotta do, and leave me out of your own personal fights. BTW–you don’t really disagree with me in principle.

But, hey! Go for as you need. I’m not going to be a part of it.

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 7:02 PM

In case you missed it, I was agreeing with you.

Koa on April 29, 2010 at 6:55 PM

I was clarifying my point, for others. Apologies to you I wasn’t clear in my belief of our mutual agreement.

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 7:06 PM

Do whatcha gotta do, and leave me out of your own personal fights.

Hint: people who disagree with you, even sarcastically, are not necessarily attacking or fighting with you. You can lower your shields.

BTW–you don’t really disagree with me in principle.

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Yeah, I do. You want to win as many people over as possible. I think the majority of liberals are brainwashed people who haven’t known opposing logic and views, and many of them would come around with the right talking to. Remember, Reagan was a Democrat first.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 7:06 PM

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 6:56 PM

We need to stick to callin’ balls and strikes. Leave that PC BS to marxists and their tools.

ontherocks on April 29, 2010 at 7:06 PM

re: discussion about the nature of liberals, I would put it like this; JMO:

Advocating government care of people in place of private charity, especially charity that gives out of one’s own pocket, is not what makes one a decent person. Many high-profile liberals speak as if it does.

inviolet on April 29, 2010 at 7:07 PM

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 6:56 PM

H8er evangelism.

Diane on April 29, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Leave that PC BS to marxists and their tools.

ontherocks on April 29, 2010 at 7:06 PM

Not calling regular citizens who agree with you horrible people = Marxist politically correct BS.

Kay.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Can’t wait till Dark-Star gets a chance to come back, BTW. Am interested in his/her take on the current discussion.

An an answer to my Oprah question. ;)

inviolet on April 29, 2010 at 7:10 PM

and

inviolet on April 29, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Not calling regular citizens who DISagree with you horrible people = Marxist politically correct BS.

Kay.

Using the antonym of the word you intend in a debate = fail.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 7:11 PM

Kay.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Question, if I might. Assuming that everyone is here for the same reason as you = what?

nico on April 29, 2010 at 7:11 PM

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 7:06 PM

Maybe you should have been more clear, but things came out as you typed. And as I have.

Maybe use a /sarc tag so I can better get your point.

Irrelevant in the end. I state my case, and try being clear as I can. If anyone has question, just ask.

I see a lot of Cons fighting here, which is why I dumped everyone from here I had on my FB list. If we can’t be clear with each other, I’ll go my own way and just let everyone else do as they wish.

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Assuming that everyone is here for the same reason as you = what?

nico on April 29, 2010 at 7:11 PM

= you’re not looking to have any fun.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 7:13 PM

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 7:06 PM

Ignorance is the culprit. That and lib deference to those they think are smart enough to do ‘the right thing’ in their name. Most wake up after experiencing some pain.

Inanemergencydial on April 29, 2010 at 7:13 PM

= you’re not looking to have any fun.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Ah, but fun is in the eye of the funner (or something).

nico on April 29, 2010 at 7:15 PM

We have tried so long with liberals who post here, and the more we try the more vitriolic they become. I have yet to see a lib here be ‘won over’.

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Maybe use a /sarc tag so I can better get your point.

For four years I’ve been sarcastic more often than not. If I used the /s that often, it would break. Don’t break tags.

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 7:12 PM

This is a conservative website. Did you expect an echo chamber? What would be the point of a site where everyone nodded in agreement at everything?

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Kay.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Really unclear, but I get the feeling it has something to do with feelings. And if I’m right, “include me out”.

ontherocks on April 29, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Inanemergencydial on April 29, 2010 at 7:13 PM

I don’t doubt that true thick-headed leftists will never change their minds, or even logically consider the other side of the issue. There are also thick-headed right-wingers who base their opinions on pure talking points, with no logic. I find neither of those groups desirable. I do believe that those who rationally approach the issues, look at the history of solutions and how they’ve succeeded or failed, and apply logic to the issues most important to us, will choose conservative over liberal overwhelmingly. Sadly, the people of our nation are becoming more and more spoon-fed and complacent. The problem is not a liberal mindset. The problem is a lazy, lethargic mindset, aptly taken advantage of by those in Hollywood and the media.

Never lose hope in the American people. They are a sleeping giant, currently snoozing away.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 7:21 PM

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Disagreement is one thing. But I see spewing of deep anger and insult among we who are basically on the same side. If you take pause, you’ll see what I mean is this post and previous ones.

Like now–I’m seeing you want a fight with me, and you’re not going to get it. Go fight with a liberal; I’m not one who’s your enemy.

Do what you feel need, and I’ll do and speak as I see.

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 7:21 PM

Liam, after wasting the vast majority of my day lofting less than artful witticisms at an unrepentant Confiscator named Dark-Shadows (or whatever), I find it perfectly well that you shuck the glad-handing and call a spade a spade. If it’ll make MadCon feel any better, let’s hug a lib on our way home. I see at least two before I make it to my car.

Normally I chuck rocks at them.

nico on April 29, 2010 at 7:21 PM

Like now–I’m seeing you want a fight with me, and you’re not going to get it.

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 7:21 PM

Dude, can you distinguish between a debate and a fight? I haven’t called you a name, or insulted you personally. I have no intention of doing so until you lie, are intellectually dishonest, or put words my mouth. You are totally and completely misjudging my attitude.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 7:23 PM

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 7:21 PM

AND 2 generations of indoctrination with leftist dogma in the union hijacked public schools.

ontherocks on April 29, 2010 at 7:25 PM

Dark-Shadows

nico on April 29, 2010 at 7:21 PM

How dare you disgrace the name of such a fantastic and influential show by connecting it with that Marxist twit!

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 7:27 PM

Do what you feel need, and I’ll do and speak as I see.

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 7:21 PM

Goodness. It’s called a discussion.

Someone take the Cuddle Spray away from Liam.

Diane on April 29, 2010 at 7:30 PM

You are totally and completely misjudging my attitude.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 7:23 PM

I go by how you came across, and that’s all I need for the moment. Later, things might change. But for now, as you have written, ‘debate’ isn’t an option.

I’m tired of fighting fellow Cons on the smallest of points (not you here, please), and them getting pissy (again, not you here).

We should be working together, not nitpicking words, details, and ideas. If one of us Cons has an issue, just ask! So many don’t, and things get heated like you and I have seen so many times before. For things like that needless combat, I dumped everyone from HA from my Facebook page. I don’t need the bullsnot. I imagines none of us do, so I’m better off far away from it.

I speak my mind, try to give ideas, and avoid fighting where I need no engage. I do not defend myself of my own.

My view on life is: Take me as come for I can’t stay long.

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 7:31 PM

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 7:27 PM

I thought a show about vampires and his economic policy a fitting match.

nico on April 29, 2010 at 7:33 PM

I go by how you came across, and that’s all I need for the moment.

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Okay, you come across as delicate crystal surrounded by paint mixers.

Have a drink or something. You need to learn that you spar with your teammates to get ready for the fight with the other team.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Goodness. It’s called a discussion.

Diane on April 29, 2010 at 7:30 PM

You and I already engaged. Feel right as you need, but, stay away from me, would you? You don’t need me around so why bother reading a single post of mine? Quit hounding me, will you?

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Okay, you come across as delicate crystal surrounded by paint mixers.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Okay, sure–call me ‘weak’ all you wish since that makes you ‘feel’ better.

I’m trying to avoid a fight but, since you keep pushing, I’ll let you win this one. Feel tough, manly? Sure–you got it!

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 7:36 PM

We should be working together, not nitpicking words, details, and ideas.

OK, you do realize it’s the internet and we could all be 12-year-old girls with temporary tramp stamps rocking out to Lady GaGa, right?

But, not me.

I’m an astronaut.

nico on April 29, 2010 at 7:37 PM

nico on April 29, 2010 at 7:37 PM

Yes, I know. Sometimes, too much.

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Someone take the Cuddle Spray away from Liam.

Diane on April 29, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Another marxist tool out in the open. Thanks for that, nightmares tonight for sure.

ontherocks on April 29, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Okay, sure–call me ‘weak’ all you wish since that makes you ‘feel’ better.

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Jesus Christ on a cracker, I’ve never seen someone so afraid of a fight that nobody’s starting.

You’re taking uptight and paranoid to new levels, bud. I highly suggest large amounts of hard liquor. Loosen up.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 7:45 PM

I thought a show about vampires and his economic policy a fitting match.

nico on April 29, 2010 at 7:33 PM

*tips hat*

Well played, sir. Well played.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 7:45 PM

Someone take the Cuddle Spray away from Liam.

Diane on April 29, 2010 at 7:30 PM

I think he needs a group hug before he weaves a cocoon.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 7:46 PM

I hope Obama succeeds (in reforming Wall Street).

*ducks*

Niko on April 29, 2010 at 7:49 PM

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Wow

AsianGirlInTights on April 29, 2010 at 7:51 PM

If there’s a fight (as you said), but no one’s starting a fight (as you also said), then which is it?

I’ll avoid the booze you seem so much to favor. Maybe that explains a lot more about you than it does about me. But, whatever works for you.

You can stop this any time you like, this going back and forth. You basically won, but–gimme your address, please. I’d love sending you a T-shirt (color of your choice) with the logo Something To Prove

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Yes, I know. Sometimes, too much.

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Well, then, it could be considered wasteful to get too wrapped up in any debate/fight/riot/serial murder with someone who is, for all intents and purposes, a stream of binary digits. Better to parry and enjoy. MadCon might be a cross-dressing construction worker with a lisp and a feather boa, (not that there’s anything wrong with that). And, here you are in a bit of a tizzy.

nico on April 29, 2010 at 8:12 PM

nico on April 29, 2010 at 8:12 PM

THTOP THPYING ON ME!

And Liam…look up passive-aggressive, and stop.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 8:17 PM

nico on April 29, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Tizzy? No. I backed off a bit to see what would happen. Like a girl, MC ran to another person for ‘validation’. I just couldn’t resist taking things a little further.

I’m quite fine with it, which is why I just let others often have their ‘win’. It doesn’t much matter to me either way. I can walk away from anyone or anything, but still stay to what I believe.

I don’t need to ‘win’. Time will tell who’s ‘right’ or who’s ‘wrong’ in the end.

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 8:18 PM

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 8:17 PM

We’re stopped. Agreed? (trusting you and I are at truce, no more fighting tonight)

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Like a girl, MC ran to another person for ‘validation’.

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Glad to see you’re not looking for a fight. Gimme your address, please. I’d love sending you a t-shirt (color of your choice) with the logo Something To Prove.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 8:19 PM

You’re a twit of the highest order. Go stick your head in a blender and press “liquify”.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 8:22 PM

What you propose is opening a Pandora’s box in an attempt to achieve fairness.

DFCtomm on April 29, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Fair might not be achievable, but via successive iterations, we get close. Again, that’s what laws try to do. Law is an attempt to build a structure of fairness.

And fairness says that those who will never starve should pay more for the maintenance of our government than those who are starving, or those who are close to starving. I’m just setting the bar really high — so those contributing the most are in no danger of starving from their contributions at all.

And that, in my mind, is fair. It might not be in yours, however, which is why we have separate voting booths…

unclesmrgol on April 29, 2010 at 8:22 PM

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 8:18 PM

OK, have it your way my man, but with a little fraternal repartee you can joust and walk away as friendly binary digits.

nico on April 29, 2010 at 8:22 PM

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Disregard my previous post of my last to you. Fair enough; we’re disengaged?

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 8:22 PM

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 8:22 PM

Great horney toads! I leave for a few hours and the barfight is still going on! Ed’s managed to almost do an Allah with regard to numbers of comments…

unclesmrgol on April 29, 2010 at 8:24 PM

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 8:22 PM

You win the last word, MC

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 8:24 PM

THTOP THPYING ON ME!

Quit selling tickets!!!

nico on April 29, 2010 at 8:25 PM

You win the last word, MC

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 8:24 PM

I do?

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 8:26 PM

You win the last word, MC

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Don’t be a wimp. Keep going!

DarkCurrent on April 29, 2010 at 8:26 PM

Don’t be a wimp. Keep going!

DarkCurrent on April 29, 2010 at 8:26 PM

You’re incorrigible.

nico on April 29, 2010 at 8:27 PM

I do?

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 8:26 PM

Yes, you win (this is a mere response, a reassurance, not a continuance of battle…this post will self-destruct in 5 seconds–it never happened…you weren’t here and I never wrote it!)

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 8:29 PM

Don’t be a wimp. Keep going!

DarkCurrent on April 29, 2010 at 8:26 PM

There’s no reasonable point to continue.

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 8:29 PM

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 8:29 PM

I’m so confused. You know what? You win.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Can You answer who “got screwed” in that situation?

Chip on April 29, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Of course. The guy who owned the land the evil Capitalist forced into bankruptcy in order to take it away.

Think GM and little shareholders.

unclesmrgol on April 29, 2010 at 8:30 PM

I’m so confused. You know what? You win.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 8:30 PM

No, you win. I insist.

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 8:31 PM

I’m so confused. You know what? You win.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Trust me. We all win.

Good night, fellas.

Anymore commie bastards spring up, take ‘em out for me.

nico on April 29, 2010 at 8:32 PM

At what point does he tell Oprah she’s made enough money?
Al Gore?
Nancy Pelosi?
James Cameron?
Jeffrey Katzenberg?
Stephen Spielberg?
NBA Players?
NFL Players?
MLB Players?
Tiger Woods? (seems he has been told)

lonestar1 on April 29, 2010 at 8:49 PM

When do Trial Lawyers make enough money jackass, or are you just against people who actually produce something somebody else wants and needs?

NoDonkey on April 29, 2010 at 8:57 PM

Don’t be pussies, Liam and MC…

ladyingray on April 29, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Damn right.

AshleyTKing on April 29, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Just what income level will be deemed too much by the regime?
They seem to have a fetish with the $250,000 income level, so I guess that will be the ceiling.

As for liberals, they love the poor and downtrodden – they just don’t want to have any contact with them whatsoever. They are terribly rude to people like waitresses and they would not dare step foot in a Walmart.

HellCat on April 29, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Don’t see the liberal hypocrites donating all their income over $250k. They want everyone else poor so the unwashed masses aren’t in their favorite resorts and restaurants. Liberals hate the American middle class. “Limos charged to expenses for me, public transportation for thee.”

ray on April 29, 2010 at 10:20 PM

unclesmrgol on April 29, 2010 at 8:24 PM

You ain’t kidding. I’ve been doing drive bys all day long on this thread, and I was just thinking the exact same thing. Love it!

Best website evah!