Game over: UN elects Iran to its commission on … women’s rights

posted at 5:52 pm on April 29, 2010 by Allahpundit

I think Neda would have wanted it this way, don’t you?

Without fanfare, the United Nations this week elected Iran to its Commission on the Status of Women, handing a four-year seat on the influential human rights body to a theocratic state in which stoning is enshrined in law and lashings are required for women judged “immodest.”

Just days after Iran abandoned a high-profile bid for a seat on the U.N. Human Rights Council, it began a covert campaign to claim a seat on the Commission on the Status of Women, which is “dedicated exclusively to gender equality and advancement of women,” according to its website.

This is the same group whose Human Rights Council includes luminaries like China and Saudi Arabia. See now why Ahmadinejad always includes a passage in his annual speech about expanding the number of permanent members in the Security Council or giving more power to the General Assembly? In the interest of “equality,” there’s no laugh test for exerting influence at the UN. The task for its more cretinous members is simply to extend that principle to the real levers of power. Because Iran’s all about equality, you see.

Go have a look at what the newest defender of international women’s rights is up to these days.

Update: Jennifer Rubin has a question.

The U.S. couldn’t muster a word of opposition — not even call for a vote. That would be because . . . why? Because our policy is not to confront and challenge the brutal regime for which rape and discrimination are institutionalized policies. No, rather, we are in the business of trying to ingratiate ourselves, and making the U.S. as inoffensive as possible to the world’s thugocracies.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

So,the ‘Moderates’ in Iran are now going to arrest
women,because of their suntans!!
================================
Women With Suntans Face Arrest in Iran

canopfor on April 29, 2010 at 6:58 PM

……And, in other news….Keith Olbermann was named George W. Bush’s press secretary….

HornetSting on April 29, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Aleph on April 29, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Somehow I feel that you are a pretty sexy woman

macncheez on April 29, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Aleph on April 29, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Hee hee hee.

Translation:

Muhammad raped young girls. His father was a cow. His mother was a pig.

Well played, sir. Well played.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 7:03 PM

محمد اغتصاب الفتيات الصغيرات. وكان والده بقرة. كانت والدته خنزير.

Aleph on April 29, 2010 at 6:50 PM

You want fresh goats wearing leotards in the cave?

HornetSting on April 29, 2010 at 7:08 PM

macncheez on April 29, 2010 at 7:03 PM

The bag’s a bit long, but nice pins!

OldEnglish on April 29, 2010 at 7:09 PM

@Aleph on April 29, 2010 at 6:50 PM:

Easy for you to say! ;-)
============================

canopfor,
===============

I don’t think we want him to say in english what he just said. Lessee, there was something about cows & pigs & a certain religious figure…let’s just say it wouldn’t get past the censors at Comedy Central. ;-)

leilani on April 29, 2010 at 6:57 PM

leilani:So,he might purge,er ban himself,interesting,haha!:)

canopfor on April 29, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Women With Suntans Face Arrest in Iran

canopfor on April 29, 2010 at 6:58 PM

Hmmm. Maybe that’s why Obama imposed that weird new tax out of the blue on tanning salon users through his health care scam? He’s bringing sharia to us here in the US, 10% at a time. How charming.

leilani on April 29, 2010 at 7:11 PM

Lol
ya allah, aleph!!

blatantblue on April 29, 2010 at 7:12 PM

محمد اغتصاب الفتيات الصغيرات. وكان والده بقرة. كانت والدته خنزير.

Aleph on April 29, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Aleph: Wait,I`ve got it,its instructions for the idiot that
is stuck in the well,how to get out!!
=================================================

Halp me Alaw,I stuk in da well!!

canopfor on April 29, 2010 at 7:13 PM

I noticed AT&T was offering “The Stoning of Soray M” on its Pay Per View setup(UVerse). Made me wonder if 1) there is a market for it they are seeking(Conservatives and exile Iranians?) or 2) a Conservative is running the outfit? Of course Michael Moore’s capitalism doc was an option too.

jp on April 29, 2010 at 5:58 PM

See it! (not Moore)

katy the mean old lady on April 29, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Hope & Change.

jjrakman on April 29, 2010 at 7:15 PM

I’m impressed! How did they fit so much dumb in one room?

AbeFroman on April 29, 2010 at 7:15 PM

He’s bringing sharia to us here in the US, 10% at a time. How charming.

leilani on April 29, 2010 at 7:11 PM

leilani: D*mmit,that is the real reason,*Slaps* oneself
up the side of the head!——:)

canopfor on April 29, 2010 at 7:16 PM

I will let the article speak for itself…

Seven Percent Solution on April 29, 2010 at 7:14 PM

That makes my blood boil. There is no punishment barbaric enough to satisfy justice for such an atrocity.

Holger on April 29, 2010 at 7:17 PM

You want fresh goats wearing leotards in the cave?

HornetSting on April 29, 2010 at 7:08 PM

HornetSting: Oh gawd,yur kill`n me,that funny!!:)

canopfor on April 29, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Hope & Change.

jjrakman on April 29, 2010 at 7:15 PM

jjrakman: Sun and Tan:)

canopfor on April 29, 2010 at 7:19 PM

I will let the article speak for itself…

Seven Percent Solution on April 29, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Seven Percent Solution:Thats why the Revolutionary
Guards and the rest of the
Dictatorship in Iran need to
be vapourized,the sooner,the better!

Meanwhile,Obama`s on the golf course!
-:)

canopfor on April 29, 2010 at 7:24 PM

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s secret MySpace entry:

Hi there fellow Islamic bloggers and Islam bloogers to be. My name is Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and I am the great and fearless President of the Islamic Republic of Iran and soon to be the defacto President of Iraq too! Soon I will add another feather to my cap by humbling the new American President as he comes on bended knee to apologize for all of America’s sins agains Islam and it’s new great leader – me!

I was was born one of seven children to a humble blacksmith and when I was a child growing up I worked on a farm to earn extra money for my poor father and I got to know a lot of the farm animals very well. I was real nature boy back then. I was a real animal lover. My favorites were the goats of course. I still have such fond memories of my boyhood.

Later I excelled as a student, earning my master’s degree and a Ph.D in civil engineering. I have only three wives, but as the leader of such a great Islamic country and soon to be the dominate power in the Middle East I feel that it is time for me to take my fourth wife. If any nice Islamic ladies are reading this you should email me some time soon. You must be between the ages of 12 and 28 years old. If you are under 12 that would be alright too but you must have a note from a male relative of course.

In addition to my important duties as the Great President of the Islamic Republic of Iran I am now working on my post graduate science project, which when completed in a very few years, I will test on Evil Israel and the Great Satin America.

Who I would like to meet … …
In addition to my fourth wife, and remember if you are under 12 years old, you must have a note from a male relative, I would like to meet other dedicated members of the Great Religion of Slaughter Peace, Islam of course. We can all get together after work and spend time reading inspiring passages from the Koran and comparing notes on our mutual love of farm animals. We can also go over a list of priority test sites for my almost complete science project. It will be a blast! It will make much bigger holes than the one in New York that I am going to visit only for comparison purposes!

MB4 on April 29, 2010 at 7:26 PM

Not completely OT: US govt refuses trademark for Stop Islamization of America because it is not nice to Islam.

Akzed on April 29, 2010 at 7:30 PM

I will let the article speak for itself…

Seven Percent Solution on April 29, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Seven Percent Solution:Sick,and thats why,Irans dictatorship
needs to be vapourized,sooner,the bet
ter!:)

canopfor on April 29, 2010 at 7:30 PM

What would be different if Obooba were a Muslim?

Akzed on April 29, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Obama refers to illegal aliens as undocumented workers, teapartiers as teabaggers and the leader of this thug state as The Supreme Ruler. The shaming and destruction of America under this pretender continues apace.

Basilsbest on April 29, 2010 at 7:35 PM

Akzed on April 29, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Akzed: It never ends!!:)

canopfor on April 29, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Doesn’t the UN have a Gay Rights Commission they can appoint Ahmadinejad to?

theCork on April 29, 2010 at 7:40 PM

What would be different if Obooba were a Muslim?

Akzed on April 29, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Akzed:)
====================================
Obama Admits He Is A Muslim

canopfor on April 29, 2010 at 7:41 PM

UN hits bottom, starts digging… miserable, wretched organization that it is.

The UN and WHO helped eradicate small pox. Now they’d put small pox on the commission to study endangered viruses.

Sort of makes you wonder why we even have a diplomatic mission to the UN.

darkpixel on April 29, 2010 at 7:41 PM

I will let the article speak for itself…

Seven Percent Solution on April 29, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Seven Percent Solution:Sick,and thats why,Irans dictatorship
needs to be vapourized,sooner,the bet
ter!:)

canopfor on April 29, 2010 at 7:30 PM

==========================================

Seven Percent Solution: Disregard my second post,I thought the first didn`t go through!:)

canopfor on April 29, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Every time I think the UN can’t become any more worthless, they take beclowning themselves to a whole new level.

CPT. Charles on April 29, 2010 at 7:58 PM

Hey, all you feminists…see what your liberal party leaders do for you????

Not a damn think, you stupid b!tches…

ladyingray on April 29, 2010 at 7:59 PM

The UN may have started with the idea of allowing nations to dampen each others’ external aggression, but it’s now mainly a means for thugs to protect their internal aggression.

It’s an old-boy’s club for dictators… Obama will never quit it, but the next President should.

Merovign on April 29, 2010 at 8:00 PM

Surely a nation as deeply in debt as the United States of America can think of something better to do with its money than to fund this anti-American circus. It’s not even funny any more. It’s time to pull the plug on the U.N.

ROCnPhilly on April 29, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Unconscionable Nutjobs.

profitsbeard on April 29, 2010 at 8:29 PM

ROCnPhilly on April 29, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Agreed. Another example of an intellectually bankrupt leftist idea run amok. Home base for the one worlders, that they’ve used to undermine freedom for decades.

ontherocks on April 29, 2010 at 8:31 PM

There are times I really despise the domestic left who partnered with this regime.

rob verdi on April 29, 2010 at 8:42 PM

ladyingray on April 29, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Yeah, that too. Those bitches clearly don’t think. In fact, all liberal interest groups seem to be in a thought free zone.

chris999 on April 29, 2010 at 8:44 PM

If anyone ever had doubts about the UN’s legitimacy in world affairs as a serious institution looking out for the welfare of our world and all it’s citizens, this move should cement it for them that the UN is a farce.

ButterflyDragon on April 29, 2010 at 8:44 PM

Neda still makes me cry.

pookysgirl on April 29, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Good grief. I can’t even imagine in what world this would be justifiable, but it isn’t the one we live in. What a disgrace.

scalleywag on April 29, 2010 at 8:47 PM

I’m sure this is part of a plan to appeal Hitler Jr’s feminine side. Then they’ll coax him into giving up his nukes. It’s bound to work if we all stick together on this and….just give it some time.

ontherocks on April 29, 2010 at 8:56 PM

Why are we still part of the UN?

truetexan on April 29, 2010 at 9:03 PM

Wow.

The next Presidential candidate that I support will be formally calling for U.S. withdrawal from the UN.

Jaibones on April 29, 2010 at 9:07 PM

Hey, all you feminists…see what your liberal party leaders do for you????

Not a damn think, you stupid b!tches…

ladyingray on April 29, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Um, not every feminist is a liberal…

And, on topic of this post, it’s sadly not shocking.

BeLinda on April 29, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Susan Rice is a disgrace. But what would you expect from an Obama appointee who holds his same anti-American views.

OxyCon on April 29, 2010 at 9:17 PM

After a quick google search, it appears that Fox is still the only ones running this story. Am I correct in this?

redshirt on April 29, 2010 at 9:21 PM

With all due respect, F THE U.N.!!!!

Yakko77 on April 29, 2010 at 10:20 PM

With all due respect, F THE U.N.!!!!

Yakko77 on April 29, 2010 at 10:20 PM

all respect due to the UN = لا شيء

leilani on April 29, 2010 at 10:49 PM

No more money to the U.N.. Ever.

Theophile on April 30, 2010 at 5:24 AM

First item on the agenda, checking for tanlines…

Gohawgs on April 30, 2010 at 7:05 AM

Send the U.N. to Haiti. Get the U.S. out………..

adamsmith on April 30, 2010 at 7:16 AM

Pull out of the UN. Now.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2010 at 6:07 PM

And yet…why now and not over 1,000 other mind-boggling offenses to common sense, democracy, human decency, sovereign rights, fiscal sanity, etc. from the UN over the past decades?

But certainly, yes, get this cancer out of our midst and remove our good name from their banner while our name is still good.

Jaibones on April 30, 2010 at 8:31 AM

TrickyDick on April 30, 2010 at 8:36 AM

I would be sputtering in disbelief is this wasn’t so predictable. It’s really sad that it is.

Can we sell that building in New York City now, please?

Heralder on April 30, 2010 at 9:38 AM

Game over? Hell, the final buzzer sounded on the UN a loooong time ago!

NavyMustang on April 30, 2010 at 10:30 AM

Liam on April 29, 2010 at 6:32 PM

This is undoubtedly a terrible development, and one that highlights the inherent flaw in the way we organize the UN. Why you would assume I’d be OK with this is beyond me.

ernesto on April 30, 2010 at 12:17 PM

I thought Iran was already on that commission.

Slowburn on April 30, 2010 at 2:07 PM

WOW ! I bet the women of NOW are real cheesed off about this news !! Right ladies ??????

*Crickets chirping*

!

cableguy615 on April 30, 2010 at 7:01 PM

What would be different if Obooba were a Muslim?

Akzed on April 29, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Akzed:)
====================================
Obama Admits He Is A Muslim

canopfor on April 29, 2010 at 7:41 PM

AAAAACCCKKKKKKK!!!!!

A BIRFFER!!!!!!!! *DROOL*

cableguy615 on April 30, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Two goals:

Short term: Get the US out of the UN.

Nov 2012: Get Obama and his cabal out of power.

BobMbx on April 30, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Oh, and one more:

Get the UN out of the US. I offer Midway Island as the International Meeting Place of Dictators and Corrupticians. I hear there’s some great eateries there…if you like seagull and hermit crab.

BobMbx on April 30, 2010 at 7:16 PM

In a perfect world… we’d be repossessing, or at least impounding all those diplomats Mercedes’ And telling the buggers to leave.

Like the League Of Nations…. The U.N. has destroyed it self by playing softball with dictators, leaving once again, the U.S. with egg on it’s face for sacrificing some of our power to greet the world with open arms.

Razgriez on May 1, 2010 at 10:33 PM

The UN building should be imploded with most of it’s members inside

I got it

plan a “destruction of Israel” party and wait for the proper guests to arrive then “BOOM”!

Sonosam on May 2, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Obama will stand with Islam

clnurnberg on June 3, 2010 at 7:11 PM

I am yet again strongly urging all Zionist and Christian Pigs and Apes forces who are working with Benjamin Netanyahu against the Islamic Holy Forces of Allah to submit immediately.

Otherwise, we will hold them responsible for their actions. Any attempt to fight the Islamic Holy forces of Allah is now completely pointless. We are committed to putting all of the world under our jurisdiction.

You cannot overcome the Islamic Holy Forces of Allah now that we have our brother, Imam Obama, in control of your country and your military. Any individual or group that tries to fight the Islamic Holy Forces of Allah will now be humiliated at the White House or cashiered from your Army. With the help of our brother, Imam Obama, the Islamic Holy Forces of Allah will easily overcome Benjamin Netanyahu and all of his Zionist and Christian Pigs and Apes and their Hotair Pigs and Apes stooges. Allah willing.

The great dream of Islam is comming true. Muslims dream to see flags that read: “There is no God but Allah” fluttering in the wind over the White House, the Pentagon, the Temple Mount and Haram al-Sharif, and over the EIB network and all of Hotair, Allah willing.

حسين ومحمد على حد سواء مثل الجنس مع خنزير قبيحة.

Heckle on June 3, 2010 at 7:40 PM