Quotes of the day

posted at 10:43 pm on April 28, 2010 by Allahpundit

“In any event, Obama inadvertently illustrated the argument for the National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform: We can’t trust slippery politicians like him to tell us the truth about the nation’s finances, but we can trust his hand-picked advisers (because they’re former politicians). Assuming that’s true, their recommendations still have to be implemented by those mendacious spendthrifts in Congress and the White House. And since accepting the commission’s advice is completely optional, they cannot plausibly deflect responsibility by saying their hands were tied…

“As Americans for Tax Reform notes, this is Obama’s way of pre-emptively renouncing his pledge not to raise taxes on households earning less than $250,000 a year (a pledge he already has broken repeatedly, while refusing to admit it). The president apparently plans to pretend that he had to break his tax pledge because the panel of advisers he appointed suggested that he do so. Yet he insists he wants ‘an honest discussion about putting our country on a more secure fiscal footing.’ OK. You go first.”

***
Click the image to watch.

em

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

He is a socialist. No doubt about it.

Mirimichi on April 28, 2010 at 10:48 PM

Liar liar, pants on the ground.

Or something like that.

Bishop on April 28, 2010 at 10:48 PM

I want to be clear, the federal government has made too much of our money.

JammieWearingFool on April 28, 2010 at 10:48 PM

2012 can’t come soon enough.

cubachi on April 28, 2010 at 10:50 PM

“Let me be clear, households earning less than $250,000…err…uh…hey everybody look at the jumbo-tron…wanna see some teabaggers get belligerent with riot police?!”

selias on April 28, 2010 at 10:51 PM

I clicked the image. I think I’ve irreparably damaged my vocal cords. I really want to wake up from this nightmare now.

redwhiteblue on April 28, 2010 at 10:51 PM

Click the image to watch.

Not until you send Russell Crowe to my house to give me a bath and feed me chocolates.

txag92 on April 28, 2010 at 10:52 PM

“I Do Think At A Certain Point You’ve Made Enough Money”

Holy crap dude. Is he going try to install a maximum salary cap of $250,000?

El_Terrible on April 28, 2010 at 10:53 PM

I can’t watch. I really can’t.
When I hear him speak, I become ill.

What did he say…?

katy on April 28, 2010 at 10:53 PM

“See… I told you Capitalism doesn’t work!” – Barack Hussein Obowma

Seven Percent Solution on April 28, 2010 at 10:54 PM

***
Click the image to watch.

Yeah, right, it’s almost bedtime and I don’t need to get myself all worked up.

thomasaur on April 28, 2010 at 10:54 PM

Hoo boy I can hardly wait to see what that new debt commission comes up with, especially with Andy Stern on it.

Good article by Jacob Sullum there at Reason.

GnuBreed on April 28, 2010 at 10:54 PM

I do think at a certain point you’ve been in office too long

bestwins on April 28, 2010 at 10:54 PM

He said, “read my lips…”

AshleyTKing on April 28, 2010 at 10:55 PM

I do think at a certain point you’ve been in office too long

bestwins on April 28, 2010 at 10:54 PM

This is going straight to flag@whitehouse.gov

El_Terrible on April 28, 2010 at 10:56 PM

He is a politician…………..therefore he is a LIAR.

…and in his specific case, he’s the AMERICAN DESTROYER!!!

PappyD61 on April 28, 2010 at 10:57 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SURREAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So,you have made enough cash!!

How generous!!

canopfor on April 28, 2010 at 10:58 PM

No clickie. He stinkie.

KS Rex on April 28, 2010 at 10:59 PM

“I Do Think At A Certain Point You’ve Made Enough Money”

Holy crap dude. Is he going try to install a maximum salary cap of $250,000?

El_Terrible on April 28, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Maybe he could give away all his earnings over $250k….he made $5.5 million last year. I must have missed the part where he donated $5.25 million to charity.

GnuBreed on April 28, 2010 at 10:59 PM

I hope the Dems pay dearly. I have confidence the country will survive this attack but it may get pretty crazy for a while.

johnnyU on April 28, 2010 at 11:00 PM

I think you’ve made enough money, obama. Get out of our HOUSE!

HornetSting on April 28, 2010 at 11:00 PM

somewhere – I heard the VAT described as Government on steriods…and it could be so.

Lord.

seesalrun on April 28, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Oh WOW. This is Must See TV: Dems Honor Mitt Romney with an Attack Ad

This ad is going to backfire.

dnlchisholm on April 28, 2010 at 11:00 PM

“Let me be perfectly clear. I’m open to hearing ideas on how to solve these problems. I want an open debate. But the time for talk is over, the time to act is now! Don’t listen to those that say it isn’t.”

See, I don’t even have to play the video. I’ve got it memorized.

EA_MAN on April 28, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Barry and his minions have made way too much of our money. America needs a refund payable by Barry and his socialist gaggle.

anXdem on April 28, 2010 at 11:01 PM

He is an evasive, sneaky, lying liar. Obama has boundless reserves of lying lies just waiting to be spread all around on top of the decrepit lies he’s already abundantly deposited on this nation.

He can’t speak plainly because he doesn’t know how. He’s stuck in some mentally deranged place of bad character and incessant need that captures all deranged psychos who wage the Personality Cult performance on others, as does Barry or Barack or whoever he is today.

Lourdes on April 28, 2010 at 11:02 PM

LIAR!

GarandFan on April 28, 2010 at 11:02 PM

I can make a firm pledge, under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.

–Barack Obama

canopfor on April 28, 2010 at 11:02 PM

…AND Obama is going to increase his denigrations if not attacks on all Americans who do not succumb or submit to his group grope. I am sure of that.

Lourdes on April 28, 2010 at 11:02 PM

“I Do Think At A Certain Point You’ve Made Enough Money”

HE said the same freaking thing to Joe the Plumber in 2008 and the Media didn’t care……and in fact, turned it into an investigation of JOE THE PLUMBER.

Do like I’ve been doing……sending stuff like this for over a year 5 or 6x a week to a group of 10 friends. Even three of what I would call “moderates” are now convinced he’s a MARXIST/SOCIALIST and some even want him impeached.

SEND EMAIL LINKS, PASTE THE TEXT, KEEP IT UP…..IT’S WORKING.

PappyD61 on April 28, 2010 at 11:02 PM

selias on April 28, 2010 at 10:51 PM

Well, here you go…

UnderstandingisPower on April 28, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Oh WOW. This is Must See TV: Dems Honor Mitt Romney with an Attack Ad

This ad is going to backfire.

dnlchisholm on April 28, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Not gonna click on that any more than an Obama clip, but thanks for asking.

thomasaur on April 28, 2010 at 11:04 PM

I think Congress should pass legislation that declares Obama the rights to drink martinis and smoke crack all day and all night for the next two years. The results/effects of such couldn’t be any worse than what’s taking place now. And I am not so sure that Obama’s not already participating in such actions already.

Lourdes on April 28, 2010 at 11:04 PM

You Filthy Dirty Rotten Rich middle class people,
should show a little gratitude!! (sarc).

canopfor on April 28, 2010 at 11:05 PM

UnderstandingisPower on April 28, 2010 at 11:03 PM

re-run, check the front page

thomasaur on April 28, 2010 at 11:05 PM

I’ll tell what he said…..class envy…rich people are evil and deserve to be hated…class envy….you non-Wall Street people should feel frustrated and defeated so you should allow me to step in and destroy America …class envy…Wall Street is un-American….class envy….class envy….class envy…CLASS ENVY….. furthermore…CLASS WARFARE!

redwhiteblue on April 28, 2010 at 11:06 PM

“I Do Think At A Certain Point You’ve Made Enough Money”

Does he think at a certain point he’s spent enough money?

Doughboy on April 28, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Spread the manure around.

There’s a wealth of it.

Barack B.S. Obama.

profitsbeard on April 28, 2010 at 11:08 PM

And the best (yet saddest) part about sending emails to friends with links/text/etc.

I don’t have to make any of this stuff up, it’s his own advisors words, it’s the quotes from their own mouths, they are drunk on power and their mouths are open wide and telling us what they are really doing.

I have one friend of the ten that was one of the really hard-core Moderate (closet Dems) that even voted for the DESTROYER. He works for the FedGov and even he now thinks that BHO is a liar, and this friend would even hold his nose and vote for PALIN over this guy…..AND THAT is saying something!!!!

PappyD61 on April 28, 2010 at 11:08 PM

So when exactly does Obama break the news to Oprah?

Desert Gardens on April 28, 2010 at 11:08 PM

SEND EMAIL LINKS, PASTE THE TEXT, KEEP IT UP…..IT’S WORKING.

PappyD61 on April 28, 2010 at 11:02 PM

Worth repeating. I do this too. Some might call it an obsession. I call it informing my fellow Americans of a very serious danger within. Sunshine really is the best disinfectant! Spread the truth!

redwhiteblue on April 28, 2010 at 11:14 PM

‘I’m NOT going to tell you again…do not deviate from the teleprompter…..or you get the lotion again.’

-Dinner with the obamas.

HornetSting on April 28, 2010 at 11:17 PM

Hey, I have a Great Idea everybody…!

Let’s elect Barack Hussein Obowma as President of the United States!!

… Who’s with me?

Seven Percent Solution on April 28, 2010 at 11:19 PM

So when exactly does Obama break the news to Oprah?

Desert Gardens on April 28, 2010 at 11:08 PM

…and Hollywood actors, directors, rock stars, pro sports players, himself, Al Gore, Soros… oh wait, no, it’s only Wall Street that can make too much.

miConsevative on April 28, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Good night. Nurse.

Marcus on April 28, 2010 at 11:24 PM

SEND EMAIL LINKS, PASTE THE TEXT, KEEP IT UP…..IT’S WORKING.

PappyD61 on April 28, 2010 at 11:02 PM

Pap, not only do you post entertainingly and with laser precision, but you back up your talk with action that is getting results. We all need to employ your email “convert an obot friend/acquaintance” method.

It pays to listen to Pappy.

tigerlily on April 28, 2010 at 11:31 PM

Oh WOW. This is Must See TV: Dems Honor Mitt Romney with an Attack Ad

This ad is going to backfire.

dnlchisholm on April 28, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Get lost and take Mittens the loser with you.

Knucklehead on April 28, 2010 at 11:31 PM

Oprah’s made too much money.

Tiger Woods has too many Green Jackets.

And let’s not forget Bono

Branch Rickey on April 28, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Think about for a moment. If you were president and you had some minimal level of competence. Wouldn’t you have to call in the riot squad after making an idiotic statement like that?

jdkchem on April 28, 2010 at 11:34 PM

He is a socialist. No doubt about it.

[Mirimichi on April 28, 2010 at 10:48 PM]

Worse, he’s a pathologically lying, malignantly narcissistic socialist.

Dusty on April 28, 2010 at 11:44 PM

“I Do Think At A Certain Point You’ve Made Enough Money”

Obama should set a good example and stop holding Democrat fundraisers!

TN Mom on April 28, 2010 at 11:48 PM

What about Barry’s good friends Soros and Buffet?

Haven’t they made enough money? They should just give the rest awsy and lead by example.

Good Solid B-Plus on April 28, 2010 at 11:50 PM

I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money.

Am relatively poor (by American standards anyway) and by choice always will be, and that is f****** messed up.

I do think at a certain point you’ve been in office too long

bestwins on April 28, 2010 at 10:54 PM

+1000

Get that socialist outta there.

inviolet on April 28, 2010 at 11:52 PM

When is Obama going to roll out his rice cooker for “workers” homes?

I bet Rahm and Axelrod have been slaving away for months with Anita to get those rice cookers going.

Lourdes on April 28, 2010 at 11:56 PM

As I was looking at that still frame of Obama, caught in the middle of making it all up as he goes, it occurred to me that it might be fun to proclaim an Everybody Taunt Obama Day, on which “everyone” writes to Obama and says simply and directly that we know he doesn’t know what he’s doing.

Kralizec on April 29, 2010 at 12:03 AM

redwhiteblue on April 28, 2010 at 11:06 PM

This sums it up pretty damn well! This is what Hope and Change and Yes We Can are all about. Social justice for all–except really successful people who earn too much.

Gang-of-One on April 29, 2010 at 12:06 AM

Glad to see he has finally dropped the pretense. But I wonder if he really thinks these people have made enough money:

Sergei Brin
Warren Buffett
Tom Daschle
Tony Podesta
Tommy Boggs
James Cameron
Oprah Winfrey
Bill Gates
Franklin Raines (owns a $20 million mansion in Bermuda)
Vernon Jordan

Tom Daschle
Tony Podesta
Tommy Boggs
James Cameron
Oprah Winfrey
Bill Gates
Franklin Raines (owns a $20 million mansion in Bermuda)
Vernon Jordan
Bill Clinton
Bruce Springsteen
Kanye West
Jay-Z
P. Diddy

rockmom on April 29, 2010 at 12:11 AM

Obama: No reason we can’t handle this.

So when it comes to paying for things white men are welcome back in to the we. Is that what he means?

MB4 on April 29, 2010 at 12:14 AM

BHO is a Marxist…it becomes clearer everyday.

d1carter on April 29, 2010 at 12:23 AM

Who in their right mind can believe this guy!

Dire Straits on April 29, 2010 at 12:23 AM

He lies because it works for him. The media never questions him. His zombies never do any research or hear another side of issues.

HellCat on April 29, 2010 at 12:24 AM

Liar liar, pants on the ground.

Or something like that.

Bishop on April 28, 2010 at 10:48 PM

Obama is a deceiver, a dissembler
His Mom trousers are alight
From what pole or banner
Shall they dangle in the night?

What infernal serpent
Has lent him his forked tongue?
From what pit of foul deceit
Have all his hiding and all his whoppers sprung?

What red devil of mendacity
Grips his sick soul with such tenacity?
Will not one in a nation he so cruelly showers with lies
Take a scalpel to that growing nose just below and between his crooked eyes?

PercyB on April 29, 2010 at 12:25 AM

I believe him. He wants honest, bare bones, practical, adult and effective smoke screens to bamboozle us peons with.

Limerick on April 29, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Who in their right mind can believe this guy!

Dire Straits on April 29, 2010 at 12:23 AM

An insufferable ass is an insufferable ass, of course, of course,
And no one can talk sense to an insufferable ass of course
And especially, of course, if the insufferable ass is the famous Barack Obama.

Go right to the source and ask the insufferable ass.
He’ll give you the answer that deceivers will endorse.
He’s always on a dissemblers course.
Talk to Barack Obama.

Barack Obama just yakkity yaks a streak and wastes your time of day
Does any sane person even believe anymore a thing he has to say?

An insufferable ass is an insufferable ass, of course, of course,
And this one’ll talk in circles til his voice is hoarse.
You never heard of a talking insufferable ass?

Well listen to this.

He is Barack Obama.

Cheshire Cat on April 29, 2010 at 12:33 AM

Okay Mr. President, then can I have some of your money?

yoda on April 29, 2010 at 12:35 AM

“I Do Think At A Certain Point You’ve Made Enough Money” – Barack Hussein Obowma

Here is the test for our “Free and Independent Press”…

“Does that include George Soros?”

Seven Percent Solution on April 29, 2010 at 12:35 AM

“Let me be clear, households earning less than $250,000…”

Prepare for the mother of all walk-backs.

2ipa on April 29, 2010 at 12:38 AM

Because you are taking it away from me! / Obama

bluemarlin on April 29, 2010 at 12:38 AM

Two score and seven months ago our plebs brought forth upon this continent a new nation, conceived in a stupor, and dedicated to the proposition that all mine is yours.

And you trust them to fix it?

Bwahaahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

Limerick on April 29, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Prepare for the mother of all walk-backs.

2ipa on April 29, 2010 at 12:38 AM

Oh heck, we have walked back so many lies I think people are firmly split now. Those that know he lies and those who know he lies and refuse to admit it.

bluemarlin on April 29, 2010 at 12:40 AM

This bozo has taken the most honorable office in the world and made it equal to a “Pimp My Ride” gig.

Dire Straits on April 29, 2010 at 12:43 AM

What a surprise. I believe some here were predicting this before President Obama was even inaugurated.

29Victor on April 29, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Most people know about the individual mandate in the new health care bill, but the bill contained another mandate that could be far more costly.

A few wording changes to the tax code’s section 6041 regarding 1099 reporting were slipped into the 2000-page health legislation. The changes will force millions of businesses to issue hundreds of millions, perhaps billions, of additional IRS Form 1099s every year. It appears to be a costly, anti-business nightmare.

Under current law, businesses are required to issue 1099s in a limited set of situations, such as when paying outside consultants. The health care bill includes a vast expansion in this information reporting requirement in an attempt to raise revenue for an increasingly rapacious Congress.

KentAllard on April 29, 2010 at 12:50 AM

Dire Straits on April 29, 2010 at 12:43 AM

I agree and it is what makes me so mad! I try to explain this to younger people around me and they just don`t care. It is really depressing when I cannot get people to understand the difference between the actual President and the the current renter of the office.

bluemarlin on April 29, 2010 at 1:01 AM

“I Do Think At A Certain Point You’ve Made Enough Money”

What a coincidence Mr. President. Americans believe the same thing about the Federal Government.

Chrisin206 on April 29, 2010 at 1:13 AM

“I Do Think At A Certain Point You’ve Made Enough Money”

Chrisin206 on April 29, 2010 at 1:13 AM

Excellent point!

bluemarlin on April 29, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Obama’s mouth is his own worst enemy.

The more he flaps his gums, the more he paints himself as a Socialist. Might as well put his picture in the dictionary under the definition of socialism.

Maybe, we should examine Obama wealth and see if needs to be redistributed. Check out this post from Verum Serum (2008) on the The Joyce Foundation and Obama’s sleazy means to profit at your expense. The Google The Joyce Foundation.

Kini on April 29, 2010 at 1:37 AM

crap,

Then The Google The Joyce Foundation.

Kini on April 29, 2010 at 1:39 AM

“I Do Think At A Certain Point You’ve Made Enough Money”

When this Peacock in Chief is not longer pres. I want to see him give all the billions he makes from stupid speeches to charity “because of enough money”.

Schadenfreude on April 29, 2010 at 1:54 AM

If only ONE reporter would ask him.

“Mr. President, how much is too much money?

aquaviva on April 29, 2010 at 2:19 AM

If only ONE reporter would ask him.

“Mr. President, how much is too much money?

aquaviva on April 29, 2010 at 2:19 AM

Hasn’t Obama answered this already ?

macncheez on April 29, 2010 at 2:36 AM

Click the image to watch

Sorry. Listening to iTunes.

Mr_Magoo on April 29, 2010 at 3:30 AM

We need a very wealthy individual to send him a giant fake check with a big number on it. Then, affix a note: “This is how much I was going to send your campaign, but in my opinion spending half a mil for ‘date night’ is an indicator of having “too much money”. I know you appreciate my adherence to your standards.”

Grace_is_sufficient on April 29, 2010 at 3:40 AM

“I, Jeanne Devon, Apologize to Sarah Palin and the Palin Family”

Narutoboy on April 29, 2010 at 4:09 AM

“I, Jeanne Devon, Apologize to Sarah Palin and the Palin Family”

Narutoboy on April 29, 2010 at 4:09 AM

Yeah right,
like this bean mitch really means to aplogize to Gov Palin.
Unless she pukes out how much she was paid for her tricks ,who paid her and do that on every morning show and CNN and
PMSNBC et al too, her words are just that, words. What a pathetic excuse for a woman. Even my computer feels dirty after clicking on that link. May she rot in hell while she is alive.

macncheez on April 29, 2010 at 5:54 AM

good stuff, thanks for pointing out the column at reason.com. Smart power….er, not.

ted c on April 29, 2010 at 6:59 AM

Click the image to watch.

Sorry – I just can’t do it. I like to start off my day on a good note and hearing 0′s voice just royally frosts my pumpkin.

Logic on April 29, 2010 at 7:11 AM

Let the President keep popping off like this. It’s gotten to the point when I post stuff on FB, my Centrist friends who keep quiet because they don’t want people knowing their politics or claim being apolitical are starting to comment all upset. On the other side, my Leftist friends who love to scream about racist Republicans are getting quieter and quieter… It’s new and interesting dynamic.

Sultry Beauty on April 29, 2010 at 7:11 AM

rockmom on April 29, 2010 at 12:11 AM

i was thinking of the pro ball players with their multi year contracts…

cmsinaz on April 29, 2010 at 7:50 AM

Dire Straits on April 29, 2010 at 12:43 AM

you’re not kidding…

cmsinaz on April 29, 2010 at 7:52 AM

He is a socialist coward and a panderer. No doubt about it.

Mirimichi on April 28, 2010 at 10:48 PM

ya2daup on April 29, 2010 at 7:55 AM

Generally, I think Hannity is a hack, but occasionally he gets his teeth into something, and he doesn’t let go. This is one such instance. He played this clip at least twice last night. I expect he’ll be playing it nightly for weeks and months to come.

BuckeyeSam on April 29, 2010 at 8:00 AM

It’s irrelevant how much taxes Democrats take in, because they’ll always spend more.

It’s what they do. Fish swim, birds fly and Democrats throw money at problems with little or no return to the vast majority of Americans.

Incompetent, corrupt, jackass Democrats.

NoDonkey on April 29, 2010 at 8:04 AM

2012 can’t come soon enough.

cubachi on April 28, 2010 at 10:50 PM

I was thinking that Obama was who the Mayans were warning us about, but that would be wrong.

Dick Cheney is who the Mayans were warning us about.

victor82 on April 29, 2010 at 8:25 AM

“I Do Think At A Certain Point You’ve Made Enough Money”

That, right there, has to be one of the most ignorant, clueless statements ever made.

Had I voted for this clown, (for which, I thank God I didn’t,) I’d be looking for a rock to crawl under, to hide my embarassment.

franksalterego on April 29, 2010 at 8:27 AM

drip, drip, drip. Keep chipping at that Hoover Dam-like media bulwark. It is having an effect. But will it be enough to turn this train around by 2012? I don’t know. The Obama-fellating MSM is still working for him, but some of them are furtively spitting, not swallowing anymore. I’m looking for the day when large numbers of them stand up and throw away their kneepads.

SKYFOX on April 29, 2010 at 8:56 AM

redwhiteblue on April 28, 2010 at 10:51 PM

It’s worse than a nightmare, if that can possibly be. Hate reading the news these days, as it’s all so grim, and when his voice/face come on TV, I click on the off button. Can’t even stand the sound of him…..

chai on April 29, 2010 at 9:27 AM