Audio: FreedomWorks’ hate mail over Geico firing quite nuanced indeed

posted at 9:11 pm on April 26, 2010 by Allahpundit

Most of you know what I mean when I say “Geico firing”; those who don’t can get caught up here. I’m weary of the “which side’s cranks are nastier?” game, especially since it leads inexorably to non-cranks being tarred by association, but I’m even wearier of media shrieking about the looming wingnut apocalypse. So here’s a reminder of what the fringier elements of Progress are capable of. Inevitably, some lefty who’s unable to face hard realities will allege that these calls and e-mails were concocted by FreedomWorks, and just as inevitably, my old boss — who’s been getting garbage like this for years — will have a grim laugh at his naivete. This is rough stuff, so please observe your official content warning. Exit question: Which mainstream leftist media voice will be blamed for creating this “climate of hate”? Cranks always operate at the behest of mainstream commentators, don’t they? Or is that only a “right-wing thing”? Click the image to watch.

fw

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Cue Nelson.

Inanemergencydial on April 26, 2010 at 9:15 PM

None of this matters. The press will ignore it, the left will deny it, and we will be made fun of for exposing their hypocrisy. Move on.

cannonball on April 26, 2010 at 9:17 PM

I need a shower.

Emily M. on April 26, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Until someone smears refried gecko in the shape of a swastika I won’t be satisfied!

/s

Branch Rickey on April 26, 2010 at 9:19 PM

*shakes head*

Sanjoboy on April 26, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Sounds like they’re Spicoli fans.

JammieWearingFool on April 26, 2010 at 9:21 PM

yeeesh…. that was disturbing. I don’t feel so bad for criticizing socialism now…. that stuff makes some our snarks around here look like child’s play.

ted c on April 26, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Douglas has since acknowledged that such an impulsive move was “STUPID!,” but says he was impassioned by the “slurs the Tea Party crowd angrily yelled at Barney Frank, et al,” during the climax of health care reform.

Were those the slurs that never happened, or does someone have proof of these particular slurs? I thought someone had offered a reward for proof that went unclaimed AFAIK anyway. So, someone please update me if I’m wrong, but I will fall out of my chair laughing if he got fired for calling people mentally retarded over something that never happened.

trubble on April 26, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Wowsa, that’s some scarey shite.

Tim Zank on April 26, 2010 at 9:23 PM

“Feel free to post this. Spread it far and wide. Let the world hear the peaceful, tolerant Left in all their glory.”

Consider it done…

Seven Percent Solution on April 26, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Having no interest in gutter language, I didn’t listen. However, having spent my early years among such guttersnipes, I can well imagine the level of linguistic excrement that poured forth.

OldEnglish on April 26, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Slow day at Hot Air.

lexhamfox on April 26, 2010 at 9:26 PM

Wow I think Ive just expanded my “nasty” vocabulary. Ugly stuff. Should have printed the names along with it.

canditaylor68 on April 26, 2010 at 9:27 PM

My favorite bit? The caller who said Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity fears her. Just awesome.

amerpundit on April 26, 2010 at 9:28 PM

this needed the obligatory snark from AP *hold me*…

ted c on April 26, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Seven Percent Solution on April 26, 2010 at 9:25 PM

+1 facebooked,myspaced, tweeted…=)

canditaylor68 on April 26, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Charmingly literate bunch were they not?

thomasaur on April 26, 2010 at 9:30 PM

I changed my insurance from Progressive to Geico fairly recently. When I was on the phone with the agent, among the questions he asked was who was I currently with and why was I changing. My answer was simple, “I’m currently with Progressive and I’m calling to get with ANY other company because I will not put another dime in their pockets because of their far left politics.”. He said that was the first time he’d heard that reason. I suggested that it wouldn’t be the last. I guess they may have had other callers and the message made it up the line. They realized that the people that actually PAY the taxes are probably also the customers that actually BUY insurance.

My personal policy is that I will no longer do business with a left-leaning company, no matter the cost. That is something that I agree with the left about…. economic warfare. The only difference is that the people that actually have income and pay the taxes are the only ones that can actually do damage.

CC

CapedConservative on April 26, 2010 at 9:31 PM

trubble on April 26, 2010 at 9:22 PM

I think they have established that Barney was yelled at.

bluemarlin on April 26, 2010 at 9:32 PM

I’m astounded at the stupidity of the people in those voicemails. They tried their best to use big words and just failed miserably. I think most were just parroting whatever talking points they read at Huffington Post or other liberal rag.

And as a connoisseur of cussing, I must say their curses were amateurish as well.

ButterflyDragon on April 26, 2010 at 9:32 PM

I’m just so damn tired of these people.

Can’t they just leave? They hate this country and we love it.

How about we agree to disagree?

They can pack up and move the hell out.

According to them, every country is better than others and they like everyone in the world, more than us.

So how ’bout it lefties? How’s about getting lost and taking your crappy president along with you?

Don’t go away mad, just go away.

NoDonkey on April 26, 2010 at 9:33 PM

WTH is a head-piece?

Joe Caps on April 26, 2010 at 9:34 PM

ButterflyDragon on April 26, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Yeah, the one who stuttered thinking about what would kill Sean Hannity took the cake.

amerpundit on April 26, 2010 at 9:34 PM

Charmingly literate bunch were they not?

thomasaur on April 26, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Sounds like some of new trolls around here.

Knucklehead on April 26, 2010 at 9:35 PM

ButterflyDragon on April 26, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Kind of just goes in line with the NJ teachers that were insulting Christie with bad spelling and punctuation in their insults.

bluemarlin on April 26, 2010 at 9:36 PM

I am not sure if they were reading from prepared notes written in chicken scratch, or if they are so stupid they could not hold a coherent thought. They did not disappoint by forgoing the obligatory death wishes.Really mucked up types.

Southernblogger on April 26, 2010 at 9:36 PM

trubble on April 26, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Better buckle your seatbelt. Andrew Breitbart offered $100,000 for audio proving the N word, so far nothing but crickets. Check this out if you haven’t seen it yet.

2ipa on April 26, 2010 at 9:37 PM

ButterflyDragon on April 26, 2010 at 9:32 PM

I was thinking the exact same thing. I’ve heard Tourette’s sufferers who could string a together better beat down than those pikers.

thomasaur on April 26, 2010 at 9:37 PM

I had to go back and listen to it again…

… If you create the right mind image of the persons on the phone, it’s actually quite funny!

This could turn into a great drinking game…

Seven Percent Solution on April 26, 2010 at 9:38 PM

These guys are really polite to you, in comparison to your supporters who called FreedomWorks. Some attempt to convince you they’re right, or that they have a right to peaceably assemble, and others call you what you called them.

None of them use the “F” word or the “A” word. Perhaps you need to have a few friends call using those words so you can harden this video for the lefties who will watch.

I left the above on Lance’s moderated site. Will be interesting to see whether he posts it.

unclesmrgol on April 26, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Southernblogger on April 26, 2010 at 9:36 PM

I also thought a few of them were reading their responses.

ButterflyDragon on April 26, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Jeeze..do your voice overs and get paid…

And STFU….moron. Good Lord, it’s bad enough when you get bone heads like Sean Penn, Danny Glover, et. al. blathering on about this crap….

And ALlah..damn you to hell for the HuffPoo link….

BigWyo on April 26, 2010 at 9:40 PM

+1 facebooked,myspaced, tweeted…=)

canditaylor68 on April 26, 2010 at 9:29 PM

:O)

Seven Percent Solution on April 26, 2010 at 9:42 PM

CapedConservative on April 26, 2010 at 9:31 PM

I dumped Progressive in favor of Geico in 2001 for the same reason.

HawaiiLwyr on April 26, 2010 at 9:44 PM

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
Wake me up when the war begins…as if we didn’t know these dirtbags were like this.

HornetSting on April 26, 2010 at 9:44 PM

I also thought a few of them were reading their responses.

ButterflyDragon on April 26, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Part of their grand plan to make it flow smoothly and sound worldly. They have to believe they are the smartest and brightest! If they find out the truth they have to face up to just being bitter and angry techers since they found they not part of the “those that can, do” crowd.

bluemarlin on April 26, 2010 at 9:44 PM

I’d really love to meet some of those folks in person…

BigWyo on April 26, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Did they stand outside of a Jerry Springer taping to recruit these mensa members?

thomasaur on April 26, 2010 at 9:47 PM

I’d really love to meet some of those folks in person…

BigWyo on April 26, 2010 at 9:46 PM

…get in line.

MsUnderestimated on April 26, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Well I heard crr6, who were the others?

Seriously, next time write out our spiel beforehand. I can’t tell you how many perfectly goos rants were ruined by an “uh” as they ran out of something to say.

“Uh…uh…uh…headseat thing…” Yeah, thanks, love, buh-bye.

Rightwingguy on April 26, 2010 at 9:48 PM

[Seven Percent Solution on April 26, 2010 at 9:38 PM]

Reminded me of a episode of Cops and the “What you going to do when they come for you?” has to do with bringing straightjackets.

Dusty on April 26, 2010 at 9:50 PM

thomasaur on April 26, 2010 at 9:47 PM

GetALife, crr6, DaveDrywall, BleedsBlue and Spathi were unavailable for comment.

Knucklehead on April 26, 2010 at 9:51 PM

2ipa on April 26, 2010 at 9:37 PM

Yeah, I just did a bit of Googling and I see several assertions that someone yelled a slur at Frank but there’s no attribution. Some of these articles also assert the use of N word which seems to be apocryphal. I also see some headlines that manage to be offended about a gay slur and use the term “teabagger” simultaneously. That kind of lack of self awareness is almost sad.

Frank is quoted making the claim himself. But with the reward, I wonder if proof existed it would’ve have been run for several days straight by the MSM to tar the protestors. I’m not gonna call Barney a liar, heck, someone could have yelled “Maggot” and he heard something else.

trubble on April 26, 2010 at 9:51 PM

I like the mime look that guy has going on, does it get chicks?

Bishop on April 26, 2010 at 9:54 PM

I expected so much more. That was really boring. I wonder if Geico would consider releasing their voice mails, maybe they would be wittier. My only advice for these folks is to maybe make notes on a card and practice your delivery a few times before the actual message. Truly a disappointing effort by all.

Cindy Munford on April 26, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Buffy Wicks is now a VP at Axelrod’s old astroturfing PR firm…

ninjapirate on April 26, 2010 at 10:02 PM

I have to admit, I laughed out loud at em’! They sounded like teenagers who just discovered *bad* words and like hearing themselves say them.

That last chick was hilarious!

NYconservative on April 26, 2010 at 10:02 PM

How dare that biotch even utter my name.

Lanceman on April 26, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Just wow.

Denverslim on April 26, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Did they each have to leave three hate filled voice-mails to receive their unemployment checks?

Inanemergencydial on April 26, 2010 at 10:09 PM

I am changing my insurance to Geico tomorrow.

david kumbera on April 26, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Wow.

Zorro on April 26, 2010 at 10:15 PM

Isn’t inbred VD better than drunk one night stand VD, so you don’t go fishing in that well twice?

Just sayin’….

Plus penicillian is ready available, until 2014 that is.

Hog Wild on April 26, 2010 at 10:17 PM

These people sounded like they’re not, er, all there…as in mentally/emotionally unstable.

The mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Dr. ZhivBlago on April 26, 2010 at 10:21 PM

I also thought a few of them were reading their responses.

ButterflyDragon on April 26, 2010 at 9:39 PM

I doubt that… too many multi-syllable words for them to read (or write down for their script)

CC

CapedConservative on April 26, 2010 at 10:23 PM

Thing is, some of those freaks are serious and they are the ones who will get violent with others. When the PBHO Empire starts crumbling, the ones leaving these messages will go bat crazy.

Bishop on April 26, 2010 at 10:24 PM

Barry? Is that you?

christene on April 26, 2010 at 10:24 PM

It’s so fun to watch libtards implode when things start unraveling around them. Just like the Mexican implosion in AZ. Just stay clear lest slung feces gets on you, and enjoy the show.

conservnut on April 26, 2010 at 10:24 PM

The Emperor to Luke “I can feel your hate.” Truly it is quite palpable in this video. Someone should check those folks to see if they are current on their rabies shots.

GnuBreed on April 26, 2010 at 10:26 PM

Email was written by someone intimately familiar with and seen a lot of idiotic groups of selfish a$$holes up-close, obviously.

Midas on April 26, 2010 at 10:27 PM

Democrats is a hate free zone.

29Victor on April 26, 2010 at 10:30 PM

The mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Dr. ZhivBlago on April 26, 2010 at 10:21 PM

They are libs. I’m not sure if they had a mind to begin with.

canditaylor68 on April 26, 2010 at 10:33 PM

Wow! Nice folks. The wheels are coming off. yeesh.

ronsfi on April 26, 2010 at 10:35 PM

Hey! I think I work for that beyotch….

thebookkeeper on April 26, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Warm your hands upon the fire that is peace and tolerance from the left.

jukin on April 26, 2010 at 10:45 PM

I think they have established that Barney was yelled at.

bluemarlin on April 26, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Who is this “they?”
And, by what proof have they “established” that Barney was yelled at?

When does yelling conflate to slurs?

(Hint: this is a good place for your answer to include one of those linky thingies, which would constitute proof.)

massrighty on April 26, 2010 at 10:48 PM

Oh wow.

While I know it occurs on both sides and reject/condemn it when nonsense like this is spewed by the ultra-far Right, the far Left really seems to have cornered the market on foul-mouthed tirades.

Wishing people would die? Stay classy, Progressives.

badtemper on April 26, 2010 at 10:50 PM

Who is this “they?”
And, by what proof have they “established” that Barney was yelled at?

When does yelling conflate to slurs?

massrighty on April 26, 2010 at 10:48 PM

Ah massrighty, I am not a Barney Frank fan at all. I was just pointing out that I do believe actual reporters (ok, shoot me now) were there and I think I had heard mention of recordings. Now if I am wrong, so be it, I would really hate to go and find that statement and defend that waste of oxygen with video of him being insulted. I just have not heard many say that was bogus and seems a few conservative pundits have agreed as well. Don`t let the name fool you, I just love to fish for Blue Marlin.

bluemarlin on April 26, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Yeah, Frum got the crease in his pants in a bunch over it.

SagebrushPuppet on April 26, 2010 at 11:02 PM

trubble on April 26, 2010 at 9:51 PM

I think he answers to that as well…

2ipa on April 26, 2010 at 11:04 PM

I just love to fish for Blue Marlin.

bluemarlin on April 26, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Raacist!

OldEnglish on April 26, 2010 at 11:06 PM

I just love to fish for Blue Marlin.

bluemarlin on April 26, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Raacist!

OldEnglish on April 26, 2010 at 11:06 PM

You got me, totally busted. I will endeavor to search for the Striped, White , and Black Marlin to diversify. Problem is Black Marlin are not in the Gulf of Mexico.

bluemarlin on April 26, 2010 at 11:13 PM

Geez, these pikeys fail at cussouts, like everything else.

Then again, I am known on occasion to impress former Marines and sailors.

And that whole, “I r librul sos I is inalectaral” vibe from these goobers is hilarious.

Sekhmet on April 26, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Peace AND tolerance.

It’s warm and yummy……if you agree with them.

jukin on April 26, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Problem is Black Marlin are not in the Gulf of Mexico.

bluemarlin on April 26, 2010 at 11:13 PM

Oh, I see. Another one who wants it easy! :)

OldEnglish on April 26, 2010 at 11:31 PM

Oh, I see. Another one who wants it easy! :)

OldEnglish on April 26, 2010 at 11:31 PM

Well it is a bit hard to leave the wife at home if I travel to the Pacific and then it is even harder to make that a serious Marlin Hunting trip. I am working on her her though which, I dare say, is not the easy route. :)

bluemarlin on April 26, 2010 at 11:40 PM

Yawn. My Ft. Benning drill sergeant could do better while brushing his teeth.

Mojave Mark on April 26, 2010 at 11:40 PM

bluemarlin on April 26, 2010 at 11:40 PM

Cudos!

OldEnglish on April 26, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Ms. Couric doesn’t sound so perky in that letter.

Axeman on April 26, 2010 at 11:47 PM

Maybe I was asleep at the wheel, but can someone point out to me how or when Progressive Insurance became a lefty institution? Or is it just a couple people equating the name of the company with the progressive/liberal movement?

I need to know because I’m about to renew my insurance with Progressive, unless they are indeed a left-sponsoring organization.

mdenis39 on April 26, 2010 at 11:56 PM

mdenis39 on April 26, 2010 at 11:56 PM

discoverthenetworks.com

Amazing that almost all big companies are lefty…kinda bucks the conventional wisdom…

Inanemergencydial on April 27, 2010 at 12:00 AM

mdenis39 on April 26, 2010 at 11:56 PM

Peter Lewis the CEO is a huge Liberal/Democrat. He gave millions to Move 0n.org and America Coming Together, as well as the ACLU and the Democratic Party just to name a few Liberal groups. So basically you’re helping George Soros and the Dems.

Deanna on April 27, 2010 at 12:22 AM

mdenis39 on April 26, 2010 at 11:56 PM

Peter Lewis is a huge Democrat, I dropped them a long time back. Maybe something has changed with Progressive since then.

bluemarlin on April 27, 2010 at 12:24 AM

Deanna on April 27, 2010 at 12:22 AM

You are good, I wish I would have refeshed before I typed mine. I think it was Einstein`s version of genius, the measure of a genius is directly correlated with how much one agrees with me, you are a genius!

bluemarlin on April 27, 2010 at 12:26 AM

I know you didn’t just send me to the Huffpo on a freaking interior link in your article… you son of a… how many times do I have to tell you not to link to that rag…

Kaptain Amerika on April 27, 2010 at 1:33 AM

This guy has the nerve to spew this crap and then blame the Tea Party and FreedomWorks !!!!!!. It comes as no suprise since he was spoon fed the Political Correctness garbage in school and never learned about the Constitution of the United States of America. All I will say here is that the former GEICO voice-over’s bread isn’t quite done. (Credit to Jerry Clower)

hamradio on April 27, 2010 at 1:59 AM

Re: the quality of progressive’s swearing . . . to paraphrase a Mark Twain story — They know some of the words but they can’t sing the tune worth a damn (so to speak).

least1 on April 27, 2010 at 2:17 AM

Just another example of the Left’s contribution to the debate.

I wish I could say I was surprised.

JohnGalt23 on April 27, 2010 at 3:13 AM

I love it when the fairer gender spews filth like this and wishes bodily harm upon public figures.

Feminism has brought us far, yes indeed: equal opportunity filth.

You’re come a long way, baby.

(Is the /s tag necessary?)

Grace_is_sufficient on April 27, 2010 at 3:38 AM

Wouldn’t suggest anyone switch to GEICO for their Conservative values. GEICO dropped Glenn Beck ads in response to a lefty boycott.

When I called to ask why, the representative explained that they do not get involved in politics. I suggested they had done just that and canceled my policy.

Hongqi on April 27, 2010 at 6:34 AM

What a pleasant group of people. I must remember to invite them over some time.

On a more serious note I watched the film clip, listened to the voice mails, and read the e-mails. This seems like a case of projection, and they should seek professional help. I’m sure Obamacare covers it.

RPL on April 27, 2010 at 6:56 AM

my old boss — who’s been getting garbage like this for years…

How old is she anyway? She doesn’t look that old to me.

petefrt on April 27, 2010 at 7:41 AM

Those are your average liberals, Folks. I bet if you asked any one of them why they hate Freedomworks and the Tea Partiers so much they’d all deny they hate them and then explain why they do hate them. You see, when a liberal believes something to be true it is true and so can’t be called hate. Not even when they’re spitting in your face in a rage.

I spent 6 years posting on a liberal message board full of very nice people. My opinion was shattered by a seemingly small story. Bush’s dog Spot died. I watched very nice people turning into raging, hateful, lunatics who could not contain their glee that an Evil Stupid Idiot like Bush lost his beloved dog. When the Bush girls were in the news? Oh, boy. The only debate at all was how many time Shrub molested them.

Liberals are insane and nasty.

Jaynie59 on April 27, 2010 at 7:57 AM

Deanna on April 27, 2010 at 12:22 AM

Sometimes it seems like 90% of the money we spend makes its way back to Soros and the Democrats. Oh, and to Goldman Sucks too, but I’m becoming redundant.

SagebrushPuppet on April 27, 2010 at 8:02 AM

Is it me, or do those people sound like they’ve been smoking a little too much weed?

gordo on April 27, 2010 at 8:07 AM

mdenis39 on April 26, 2010 at 11:56 PM

um…Progressive? Sounds like thats all you need to know.

gordo on April 27, 2010 at 8:10 AM