Audio: FreedomWorks’ hate mail over Geico firing quite nuanced indeed

posted at 9:11 pm on April 26, 2010 by Allahpundit

Most of you know what I mean when I say “Geico firing”; those who don’t can get caught up here. I’m weary of the “which side’s cranks are nastier?” game, especially since it leads inexorably to non-cranks being tarred by association, but I’m even wearier of media shrieking about the looming wingnut apocalypse. So here’s a reminder of what the fringier elements of Progress are capable of. Inevitably, some lefty who’s unable to face hard realities will allege that these calls and e-mails were concocted by FreedomWorks, and just as inevitably, my old boss — who’s been getting garbage like this for years — will have a grim laugh at his naivete. This is rough stuff, so please observe your official content warning. Exit question: Which mainstream leftist media voice will be blamed for creating this “climate of hate”? Cranks always operate at the behest of mainstream commentators, don’t they? Or is that only a “right-wing thing”? Click the image to watch.

fw

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

My personal policy is that I will no longer do business with a left-leaning company, no matter the cost. That is something that I agree with the left about…. economic warfare. The only difference is that the people that actually have income and pay the taxes are the only ones that can actually do damage.

CC

CapedConservative on April 26, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Just curious. What do you do about computer hardware & software? Apple, Microsoft, and Google are all left-leaning. LINUX and Open Office?

How about cell phones and phone service?

stvnscott on April 27, 2010 at 9:11 AM

Ever notice how the left always brings a hate and love message together? BTW I don’t buy anything that has GE on it, either.

Kissmygrits on April 27, 2010 at 9:22 AM

Those are your average liberals, Folks. I bet if you asked any one of them why they hate Freedomworks and the Tea Partiers so much they’d all deny they hate them and then explain why they do hate them. You see, when a liberal believes something to be true it is true and so can’t be called hate. Not even when they’re spitting in your face in a rage.

I spent 6 years posting on a liberal message board full of very nice people. My opinion was shattered by a seemingly small story. Bush’s dog Spot died. I watched very nice people turning into raging, hateful, lunatics who could not contain their glee that an Evil Stupid Idiot like Bush lost his beloved dog. When the Bush girls were in the news? Oh, boy. The only debate at all was how many time Shrub molested them.

Liberals are insane and nasty.

Jaynie59 on April 27, 2010 at 7:57 AM

Agree, as long as we all recognize we’re talking about leftist progressives, not classical liberals. And not every liberal has followed these loons down the 90′s-00′s rathole.

The faux news cycles during the 90′s and 00′s, spurred on by the echo chambers of the default news cycle, helped seed and nurture a feeling of abject victimization at the hands of a nebulous right-wing shadow conspiracy — first Clinton being “victimized” by those awful talk-radio hosts and evil bureaucrats, then the 2000 election being “stolen”, Bush McCheneyburton conspiracy theories, 9/11 trutherism, etc. — it didn’t matter what was true or could be proved, it mattered only that *something* nefarious must be going on, somewhere. The less any real charges stuck, the more evil the conspiracy “must” have been, etc.

So how do you help get someone back from the rathole, assuming said person is not inherently looney, but believes in the factual veracity of many of the worst allegations of misconduct during the Clinton/Bush years?

(It’s more of a rhetorical question, so no obligation to chime in ;) )

RD on April 27, 2010 at 9:29 AM

(It’s more of a rhetorical question, so no obligation to chime in ;) )

RD on April 27, 2010 at 9:29 AM

You can’t. Liberals don’t think like intelligent people. Because they’re not intelligent. Most people, on average, are stupid. That’s just a fact of human nature. Always been that way and always will be that way. Society used to recognize that and reward achievement. Now everyone’s opinions are equal no matter how stupid they are.

Let me give you two examples of how the average liberal thinks. These are real life examples from liberals I know personally. One is a friend, the other is my brother, but they’re typical.

Bill Clinton was not impeached. Every liberal I have talked to absolutely believes that Clinton was not impeached. My brother practically burst a blood vessel arguing with me about Clinton’s impeachment. He didn’t know the difference between being impeached and convicted by the Senate that when he finally did realize he was wrong he threw out the “over a blow job” excuse. My friend did exactly the same thing. Once they understood that Clinton had, in fact, been only the second President in history impeached, they both said it was no big deal because it was over a blow job.

Same with the federal debt and deficits. I listened to a 5 minute rant from my friend over the deficit spending by George W. Bush. When I pointed out that Obama was spending like Bush on steroids she didn’t believe me. When I offered proof she said, and this is a direct quote: “Well, he’s spending it on the right things.”

Liberals are nuts.

Jaynie59 on April 27, 2010 at 10:11 AM

Liberals ARE nuts. Ann Coulter says liberalism is a mental disease and I firmly believe it. Any of those females in the clip could have been my sister. She approaches any opposition to to her views with venom and outright vulgarity and volume without regard to the facts. She was born that way. There is no cure. She isn’t stupid, just nuts. She is, in my opinion, just typical in her approach but not in her mental capabilities. We have to bear in mind that the world is operated on average intelligence; twenty five points either way of 100 is very telling. You can’t fix stupid and you might influence mental illness with enough time and application but the damage they do is sometimes irreparable. Look at the current state of affairs in this country and tell me is has been brought about by thinking, intelligent people. Pretty discouraging I’ll have admit. I fully believe these are the problems that brought this current bunch of thugs and crooks into office – a good share of the electorate are simply disabled.

LarryG on April 27, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Every political site and group gets mail and email just like this. MM posts them and so does Daily Kos and many others. What’s new?

fastestslug on April 27, 2010 at 11:13 AM

LarryG on April 27, 2010 at 10:32 AM

You got that right. And not only is Ann Coulter right, she’s a great way to bring out the hate in the average liberal.

I used to post Ann Coulter columns just to see the replies. I got so that I could predict down to the minute who would reply and what they’d say. The first reply would call her a liar. The second would call her a skank. The third would say she used to be a man. Those were the regular posters.

I once posted an Ann Coulter column but I put someone else’s name on it. The link went right to Coulter’s column, but I knew very few people would bother to go read it. It took about fifteen replies before someone spilled the beans and the replies after that got typical.

Ann is right and it’s too bad so many conservatives feel the need to throw her under the bus every chance they get.

Jaynie59 on April 27, 2010 at 11:16 AM

LarryG on April 27, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Are we related?
That sister you described sounds remarkably familiar to someone sat next to at our dinner table for years.

Tom_OC on April 27, 2010 at 11:41 AM