Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the Week?

posted at 9:12 am on April 25, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

It’s time to gather the all-star lineup of Obamateurisms again for our weekly poll!  Skip the golf plans, and reschedule the lecture on humility.  You can cast a vote without forcing everyone around you to dump a lot more pollutants in the air than normal, too, which is important to people who like to scold us on Earth Day.

Previous 2010 “winners”:

Comments

al-Ogabe hussein muhammad mubarak meets Harper.

Inanemergencydial on April 25, 2010 at 9:14 AM

Earth Day, just because all the leftist twits are still aflutter over PBHO’s “commitment” to greenyism.

Bishop on April 25, 2010 at 9:16 AM

He should not have snubbed the Polish President.

kingsjester on April 25, 2010 at 9:17 AM

Earth Day, with all its trappings of “morality” displayed by Gaia’s temple prostitutes.

jimmy2shoes on April 25, 2010 at 9:19 AM

How is Obama supposed to visit Poland when air travel is shut down?

SoulGlo on April 25, 2010 at 9:20 AM

Earth Day – the left never sees the hypocrisy of their actions like Al Gore/RFKJr. flying private jets to lectures where they can tell us to give up their SUVs.

PatMac on April 25, 2010 at 9:20 AM

Snubbing the Polish President didn’t do wonders for our image in Poland. You should have thrown in showing those bird like legs on the golf course.

Kissmygrits on April 25, 2010 at 9:22 AM

I love these polls! The only problem, it’s difficult to choose which is the largest blunder. His behavior is stunningly inept for a man in his position, it leaves me speechless.

manateespirit on April 25, 2010 at 9:22 AM

Snubbing Poland was a true amateur moment, not unlike Obama’s entire Presidency to date.

uknowmorethanme on April 25, 2010 at 9:22 AM

manateespirit on April 25, 2010 at 9:22 AM

Too bad it doesn’t leave him in the same way.

This should be renamed the O’Narcissism of the Week that more aptly fits most of the choices week in and week out.

thomasaur on April 25, 2010 at 9:27 AM

Earth Day, I live on Long Island and refuse to take the train or subway into Manhattan, and snarling traffic like that makes me angry.

Daveyardbird on April 25, 2010 at 9:28 AM

Some weeks are better than others. At least three of last week’s choices would be winners among this bunch.

NeighborhoodCatLady on April 25, 2010 at 9:29 AM

How is Obama supposed to visit Poland when air travel is shut down?

SoulGlo on April 25, 2010 at 9:20 AM

He didn’t have to go to Poland to pay his respects. That’s what the Polish Consulate is there for. It never occurred to him to spend 10 minutes there saying, “Sorry, guys.”

Mommynator on April 25, 2010 at 9:29 AM

Would it have inconvenienced him that much from his golf outing to take a moment to show his respects to the family of the president and people of Poland?

I guess the answer is yes, because it wasn’t about him.

What a child.

tru2tx on April 25, 2010 at 9:30 AM

Don’t ya dig those shoes, in fact that whole outfit. What a superficial twit this President is.

jeanie on April 25, 2010 at 9:30 AM

tough choices once again….from his snubbing of visiting the polish embassy to his snobbery of filibuster for me but not for thee…

dang…

cmsinaz on April 25, 2010 at 9:32 AM

Golfing on the day or the funeral.

Colorado Anne on April 25, 2010 at 9:32 AM

Mommynator on April 25, 2010 at 9:29 AM

exactly!

cmsinaz on April 25, 2010 at 9:33 AM

of

Colorado Anne on April 25, 2010 at 9:33 AM

It must be a mom thing but I always tend to vote for the things that indicate he was raised by jackals. He should have gone to the Polish Embassy to deliver his condolences.

Cindy Munford on April 25, 2010 at 9:37 AM

I chose the ‘humility’ analogy. It’s just so typical of Obama..his total inability to see himself as he really is.

jeanie on April 25, 2010 at 9:37 AM

How is Obama supposed to visit Poland when air travel is shut down?

SoulGlo on April 25, 2010 at 9:20 AM

Well…. Not all air travel was shut down. I got out of Istanbul on an airplane while the whole thing was going on. He could have gotten there. It just would have been quite a rabbit trail to do so.

mjk on April 25, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Not paying respects to the Polish president and first lady and their entourage. I am from the Pittsburgh area, which has a large Polish and Slavic population. Odopey’s decision to play a round instead of paying respects did not go over well in Western PA. Ronald Reagan is rolling in his grave.

Poland’s struggle for freedom and liberty is an inspiration to all. Barry snubbed Poland’s deceased leaders as if they were paeans and insulted Poles worldwide. First, we took away the missile shield and now this. 2012 cannot get here fast enough. I am sick of this arrogant jerk of a president and his dim-witted sidekick.

Philly on April 25, 2010 at 9:42 AM

Betting that Obama tells himself that “..he just works so hard that he is entitled to his golf outing no matter what” Or, just maybe it’s the only thing he can be successful at? In either case, it’s a sure thing that it’s tied into his monumental ego.

jeanie on April 25, 2010 at 9:43 AM

I’m Canadian so I pick the finger thing at Harper. Harper is a good leader. Obama not so much. I know people think Canadians are like America, Jr. and we don’t get too worked up about our leaders. But that was a kind of arrogance that disgusts me.

But honestly the Polish thing is worse. Much, much worse. Shame on Obama for not even going to the embassy or consulate to pay respects to the leaders of Poland and the country they left behind.

mjk on April 25, 2010 at 9:44 AM

Snubbing Poland. Our Nation has a bad case of B.O. and we are all embarrassed.

Key West Reader on April 25, 2010 at 9:45 AM

Actually it was a tossup between the image of Mr. President shaking a finger in a foreign leader’s face or golfing instead of paying respect to a dead foreign leader. That sentence says a lot about Mr. President, doesn’t it.

scalleywag on April 25, 2010 at 9:45 AM

Somewhat OT but Zippy the Pinhead has plunged 5 points in just 3 days. Way to go, Champ!

Key West Reader on April 25, 2010 at 9:47 AM

Obama’s friendship with Kevin Rudd is a little too friendly for my liking. I feel there is something fishy is going on. Any ideas?

Crux Australis on April 25, 2010 at 9:47 AM

I’m not voting anymore unless there’s an All of the Above option. It’s just too darn hard and stressful to pick just one. /

Caper29 on April 25, 2010 at 9:52 AM

Caper29 on April 25, 2010 at 9:52 AM

Haha, I thought the same thing but the picture of a president appearing to shake his finger at someone, anyone really, prompted me to vote for that. I’m just a nobody but my mother taught me never to point a finger at anyone, it’s offensive.

scalleywag on April 25, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Does your children know how much Barracky boy is polluting Kermits breathing air?

Cybergeezer on April 25, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Snubbing Poland during their grief for their president. I agree shaking finger at Canada PM was almost as bad. What this guy does to our remaining for foreign relations is unreal. But then, dictators like to operate alone.

katablog.com on April 25, 2010 at 10:02 AM

It was a tossup between insulting the Poles and Earth Day. I chose the Poles because that was more a personal screwup by the O than Earth Day which was an institutional or administration f***up.

JimK on April 25, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Obama’s golf is nothing but an excuse to take a sabbatical from his job.
Screwing up the U.S. political system and economy is damn hard work.
His golfing is SOOO horrible, they won’t allow any photo’s or reports of his performance.

Cybergeezer on April 25, 2010 at 10:05 AM

Scalleywag, ain’t that the truth. BO’s stunning lack of gravitas makes that image of him wagging his finger at our ally and neighbor even more ridiculous. I dare him to do that to Angela Merkel.

Philly on April 25, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Philly on April 25, 2010 at 10:06 AM

I vote he try that on Bibi Netanyahu. I’m sure it would go over great.

mjk on April 25, 2010 at 10:09 AM

Oh Lord it’s hard to be humble when you’re perfect in every way….

Guardian on April 25, 2010 at 10:10 AM

uknowmorethanme on April 25, 2010 at 9:22 AM

Worse than amateur, there is something to do with common human empathy that this man seems to lack. After already drawing the ire of the Polish citizenry, with the withdrawal of the missile shield, he could have created some goodwill with a compassionate response to the Presidents death.

He didn’t reveal anything new to me, with his response, though. He’s still a jerk.

donh525 on April 25, 2010 at 10:11 AM

Earf Day

blatantblue on April 25, 2010 at 10:13 AM

How is Obama supposed to visit Poland when air travel is shut down?

SoulGlo on April 25, 2010 at 9:20 AM

There are still many who believe the man can walk on water.

Rovin on April 25, 2010 at 10:13 AM

mjk, I would pay to see him attempt that on Bibi. That would be rich. Bibi would jack-slap him.

Philly on April 25, 2010 at 10:15 AM

There are still many who believe the man can walk on water.

Rovin on April 25, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Or part the sea. The wonder of it all!

donh525 on April 25, 2010 at 10:17 AM

Golfing on day of plane crash AND golfing on day of funeral.

Put the f’ing clubs down.

selias on April 25, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Golfing. Seems like Obama is the only one enjoying the Obama presidency.

sherry on April 25, 2010 at 10:21 AM

How is Obama supposed to visit Poland when air travel is shut down?

SoulGlo on April 25, 2010 at 9:20 AM

Whether it is impossible to fly there or not. Show some restraint and pretend you actually care. Watch DVDs or play Wii with the wife and kids if you really don’t feel like working…just don’t publicly be a douche.

selias on April 25, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Cindy Munford on April 25, 2010 at 9:37 AM

+1000

ladyingray on April 25, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Golfing on day of plane crash AND golfing on day of funeral.

Put the f’ing clubs down.

selias on April 25, 2010 at 10:19 AM

handicap committee will make a major adjustment in November—ejecting all sandbaggers, (also known as big government spenders)

Rovin on April 25, 2010 at 10:26 AM

Definitely Øbummer failing to pay respects at the Polish Embassy was the most amateur, narcissistic, passive-aggressive thing Teh Won did last week except that the option

“Celebrating Earth Day by snarling traffic in air and land in order for Obama and Biden to give two short speeches in NY”

ran a very close second.
I no longer care why these clowns are acting the way they are, I just want them out of office. If the next batch doesn’t do any better immediately, they go too at the next election. We need smart leadership and effective representation, not smart-@ass leadership and not representatives for life.

ExpressoBold on April 25, 2010 at 10:29 AM

Our Nation has a bad case of B.O. and we are all embarrassed.

Key West Reader on April 25, 2010 at 9:45 AM

+10

ExpressoBold on April 25, 2010 at 10:35 AM

How is Obama supposed to visit Poland when air travel is shut down?

The Russian Premier was able to go via train. Many flew into Rome or other areas and travel there later

William Amos on April 25, 2010 at 10:38 AM

Why pay respects to some white guy who can’t vote and doesn’t speak English. Now, playing golf, that’s what I’m talking about.

bflat879 on April 25, 2010 at 10:39 AM

How is Obama supposed to visit Poland when air travel is shut down?

SoulGlo on April 25, 2010 at 9:20 AM

Go to the consulate. Send a video message. I could go on and on.
But once again the man chooses to thumb his nose at Americas allies.

JusDreamin on April 25, 2010 at 10:40 AM

I think BO is attempting to prove he has heard of humility because today he will eulogize the 29 miners who died earlier this month in WV. I am hoping this attempt at empathy does not turn up as one of the selections in this poll next Sunday. WV voted McCain in the last election because Duh One promised to tax, regulate or fine coal production out of existence.

Philly on April 25, 2010 at 10:44 AM

JusDreamin on April 25, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Right!
Obama’s so good with his Blackberry, he could Twitter his respects.

Cybergeezer on April 25, 2010 at 10:46 AM

Isn’t the city with the largest Polish population, Chicago? If that’s the case, he not only insulted Poland but also his favorite city, Chicago!!!! Way to go!!!

bflat879 on April 25, 2010 at 10:46 AM

Obama: Hey, If I would have gone to the funeral I would have had to enter a church. No way.

Mojave Mark on April 25, 2010 at 10:48 AM

How is Obama supposed to visit Poland when air travel is shut down?

SoulGlo on April 25, 2010 at 9:20 AM

If you’re to stupid to figure this one out, you don’t belong commenting here. Dozens of other leaders of countries managed to figure it out; our guy was too stupid and flat out doesn’t care.

Cindy, you’re a classy lady; and right on target 99.6 % of the time… Giving Rush a run for the money!

Keemo on April 25, 2010 at 10:48 AM

Philly on April 25, 2010 at 10:44 AM

Barracky boy will probably use the opportunity to expound on how dangerous coal mining is, and that it needs to be shut down.

Cybergeezer on April 25, 2010 at 10:48 AM

when obama dies, i’ll be on the golf course. :)

skeedro on April 25, 2010 at 10:49 AM

It was OK for Barry to skip the funeral mass because people were praying for him.

Philly on April 25, 2010 at 10:49 AM

Cybergeezer, Obama eulogizing coal miners in WV – what could possibly go wrong in a Blue state that went Red because of Barry’s radical energy agenda?

Philly on April 25, 2010 at 10:52 AM

We The People need to commission Andres Serrano to do a piss Obama.

Cybergeezer on April 25, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Every week(day) Obama shows us and the rest of the world that he is pathetic excuse for a human being. Every week(day, hour) he shows us he isn’t capable of leading the free world. It’s all about him all the time.
Each one of the picks this week deserves and award, but the worst one was at least not showing some respect for the Polish President. That was devastating for that country, yet Obama couldn’t be bothered to show some respect. He did nothing.

BetseyRoss on April 25, 2010 at 10:57 AM

How is Obama supposed to visit Poland when air travel is shut down?

SoulGlo on April 25, 2010 at 9:20 AM

psst. AF-1 doesn’t file a flight plan, can be refueled while en route, and therefore can fly around weather and geologic conditions.

ericdijon on April 25, 2010 at 11:11 AM

Philly on April 25, 2010 at 10:52 AM

The only reason for Obama’s appearance in WV was to turn Red to Blue again.

Cynical? You betcha!

donh525 on April 25, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Unfortunately, he’s taking Slow Joe along to WV for the services.

Philly on April 25, 2010 at 11:23 AM

I chose Obama’s offending the Polish people. It’s pretty pathetic when Biden and Hillary have more class than our President and visit the Polish Consulate to express condolences and sign the book. So what was Obama’s excuse…oh wait…nevermind…he didn’t give one.

The NYC visit was bad only because it was on Earth Day and because Biden flew there just to be on The View.

Deanna on April 25, 2010 at 11:30 AM

Has Obama made it to the Polish embassy to sign an book of condolences. That should of been the first thing one did.

tjexcite on April 25, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Nothing says Amateur like playing golf when our friends mourn.

While he might not have been able to go to Poland for the funeral, he could have done a dozen other things to show them that they were on our hearts and minds.

Instead he unknowningly (?) gave them all the finger and went to play golf instead.

powerpro on April 25, 2010 at 11:45 AM

I voted for Earth Day.

I’m a trucker by trade and was making my last delivery in Brooklyn when he landed. I tried to get to the Van Wyck, but they closed it to TRUCK TRAFFIC and to get out of NYC I had to drive to the middle of Long Island, up to the L.I.E. and then out to the Throggs Neck.

I drove an extra two hours because of him and Biden.

Mortis on April 25, 2010 at 11:52 AM

I went with Earth Day — it shows the arrogance, the class divide, the utterly Feudalesqueness of the environmental movement: you have to cut back on your way of living while your betters continue as they will.

Missing the funeral was perhaps unnecessary, but a good precaution. Playing golf instead was stupid.

rbj on April 25, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Poland. What if GWB had done it?

ted c on April 25, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Man, and I thought Barney Fife was skinny…O’bama needs to put on a few pounds.

Del Dolemonte on April 25, 2010 at 12:34 PM

It was amateurism at its worst, but above all it was disrespectful and rude not to have paid his respects at the Polish Consulate for the loss of their President, First Lady and other members of their government.

ya2daup on April 25, 2010 at 12:44 PM

I voted for the golfing . I am sure President Urkel could not break 100 on a par three course . He just likes skipping school because he is such a silly, silly, manchild .

DeweyWins on April 25, 2010 at 12:54 PM

It’s a tie….the finger to the late polish president and the height of hypocrisy flying around wasting the fuel and all of the other planes having to wait also wasting fuel.

ohiobabe on April 25, 2010 at 1:36 PM

on the golf thing – flying in was a problem for a lot of people. Understandable he did not make it there. So, whatever, he had a free schedule and golfed a little. It’s hard to be POTUS.

But the less-than-green waste for Earth Day gets my vote be/c of the posturing – if Bush did it, it would raise howls in the MSM. But Bush wasn’t claiming to be Mr. Green. For Obama to do it, well, the chuckles never end.

ace tomato on April 25, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Any one of these,
Could win in a normal week…
The guy’s a machine!

Haiku Guy on April 25, 2010 at 1:51 PM

His protocol gaffes are less than flea bites when compared to the irreparable and hence irreversible damage this man has done to this country.

MaiDee on April 25, 2010 at 2:11 PM

between [he and Mr Rudd].

..between him [or, better himself] and Mr. Rudd.

Tzetzes on April 25, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Cindy Munford on April 25, 2010 at 9:37 AM

I’m the same way.

Alana on April 25, 2010 at 3:28 PM

The fact that he feels compelled to congratulate himself on his humility informs all of his other behavior (classic narcissism).

College Prof on April 25, 2010 at 3:50 PM

I voted for the snub of the funeral of an [ex-]allied[?] foreign head of state. That goes beyond mere amateurish, it is downright criminal.

The finger wag at another allied foreign head of state would be my second place finisher.

Third place goes to the Earth Day hypocrisy. Although I can’t really talk much about this one, since I celebrated Earth Day by waking up at 6 am and turning on every light in my house, then left for work, came back home and didn’t turn them off again until 10 pm when I went to bed. It was quite the glorious waste of natural resources.

Left Coast Right Mind on April 25, 2010 at 4:06 PM

“…between [he and Mr Rudd].”

I’m not the first to comment, but it seems like all the more reason to “Save Are Teachers.”

ktrush on April 25, 2010 at 4:12 PM

How do you pronounce “Obamateurism” ?

Ob-amateurism or Obama-teurism?

Or does it really matter?

PrototypeOne on April 25, 2010 at 4:18 PM

Whenever Obama talks about his own…um….”humility”, I have to go with that.

Grace_is_sufficient on April 25, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Why can’t we have the choices of: All OF THE ABOVE and STILL HASN’T PRODUCED HIS VAULT BC on every poll?

Basilsbest on April 25, 2010 at 10:15 PM

“…between [he and Mr Rudd].”
ktrush on April 25, 2010 at 4:12 PM

Indeed. Overpaid whiners. Every lawyer will tell you they are the worst clients. I miss no longer being able to send their notes back:with corrections.

Basilsbest on April 25, 2010 at 10:20 PM

How is Obama supposed to visit Poland when air travel is shut down?

SoulGlo on April 25, 2010 at 9:20 AM

I would have taken Air Force One, as far as possible, and an armored convoy motorcade the rest of the way.

Slowburn on April 26, 2010 at 8:08 AM

I had to go with dissing the Poles. A strong feeling that he and Putin have an “understanding” and any nods of support to Poland are lip service.

SKYFOX on April 26, 2010 at 9:09 AM

earth day…dissing the Poles was just that…disrespect…

jerrytbg on April 26, 2010 at 8:35 PM