Protest picture of the day

posted at 9:03 am on April 24, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Maybe it’s just me, but does anyone else see the irony in the juxtaposition of these two protest signs outside of an appearance by Sarah Palin in Eugene, Oregon?

It’s a darned good thing that the person holding the sign that says, “Hope she chokes” (with the Obama logo a nice touch, by the way) is doing so in Eugene’s “hate-free zone.”  Why, if someone had displayed a sign at a Tea Party rally that said something about our President choking, it would have been declared a symptom of the violence inherent in the conservative system, with apologies to Dennis the Peasant.  Maybe the two protesters should coordinate their message a bit better.  (h/t: HA reader Jose I)

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

“I have to catch and kill it before I eat it. It’s all organic.”

Sarah and The Nuge REALLY need to host a show together!

Fighton03 on April 24, 2010 at 9:02 PM

happyfeet on April 24, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Really, in the end, you’re quite ignorant and unknowledgeble of even the most basic of premises.

Liam on April 24, 2010 at 5:32 PM

and your movie s@cked.

Fighton03 on April 24, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Sarah and The Nuge REALLY need to host a show together!

Fighton03 on April 24, 2010 at 9:02 PM

Yeah I never get tired of Nugent’s story of poopy pants at his draft physical and how he was had a student deferment while doing 300 shows a year .

borntoraisehogs on April 24, 2010 at 10:11 PM

borntoraisehogs on April 24, 2010 at 10:11 PM

caught that…..interesting. The braggadocio afterwords is the bad part. Still, a hunting show would be great entertainment, no?

Fighton03 on April 24, 2010 at 10:56 PM

Yep, getting that crap from an idiot on FB. I’m writing him off as a troll but sometimes think he really believes a lot of his crap.

aikidoka on April 24, 2010 at 11:51 PM

Happyfeet is very concerned, and also a British foreign exchange student?

/or fakes a speech pattern thinking it makes him/her look intelligent.
/epic fail if so
/epic fail either way actually

Irritable Pundit on April 24, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Maybe in some madrasah in London’s East End.

borntoraisehogs on April 24, 2010 at 10:11 PM

At least he’s more honest about it than Clinton was.

ddrintn on April 25, 2010 at 12:03 AM

That’s just flat out not gonna cut it.

happyfeet on April 24, 2010 at 3:55 PM

How would you know? Seems like she’s got a bigger audience than you, and is pulling down more dough than you. Big audiences cut it, in my mind.

I really do love the picture — it says everything that needs to be said about her opponents. Three fingers point back, and boy do they!

unclesmrgol on April 25, 2010 at 12:08 AM

your mission if you choose to accept it is to defend Sarah Palin

and defend Sarah Palin

and defend Sarah Palin

and defend Sarah Palin

It will never end.

happyfeet on April 25, 2010 at 12:47 AM

and defend Sarah Palin

It will never end.

happyfeet on April 25, 2010 at 12:47 AM

It will end when she’s President in 2013.

The American public, I believe, learned their lesson, both in picking a neophyte Commie like Obama for Precedent who has been a disaster and in letting the MSM pick apart a real leader and good President like George W. Bush.

By 2013, the majority will be ready to defend Sarah , but won’t have to because the country will be ready to let her lead us back to greatness.

Jenfidel on April 25, 2010 at 3:14 AM

happyfeet on April 25, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Time to ‘fess up, foot-boy!
You’re not only a troll, but a British troll.

Jenfidel on April 25, 2010 at 3:16 AM

Wasn’t Eugene, Oregon, the home base for the ‘Protein Wisdom’ psycho-stalker thing-person?

Yeah, there’s a poster child for your ‘No Hate Zone’ message.

Timothy S. Carlson on April 25, 2010 at 3:19 AM

It will never end.

happyfeet on April 25, 2010 at 12:47 AM

And it shouldn’t. We are having happy happy fun, aren’t we?

unclesmrgol on April 25, 2010 at 3:24 AM

Luv it!

Sarah unafraid to march straight into the bastions of liberal moonbat lunacy!

We can’t spare this woman, she fights! Hah!

sarahpalinfan99 on April 25, 2010 at 3:48 AM

because 1-98 were taken?

god help us.

happyfeet on April 25, 2010 at 4:00 AM

happyfeet on April 25, 2010 at 4:00 AM

Come on, footie!
You don’t get to make any more comments until you confess that you’re British!

Jenfidel on April 25, 2010 at 4:26 AM

The point is that she’s very genuinely held in contempt to a degree that’s dazzling. Maybe we shouldn’t waste time and resources flocking behind the most hated person we can find….

happyfeet on April 24, 2010 at 2:31 PM

Assuming that it is the left that is doing the hating.
That is how I intend to select all my candidates from now on.

Slowburn on April 25, 2010 at 5:06 AM

happyfeet on April 24, 2010 at 2:31 PM

Who is we ? Republicans? Conservatives? Americans? Do you belong to even one of those categories? If not, who is we ?

IowaWoman on April 25, 2010 at 9:08 AM

So Happy to which country does your citizenship belong ??

CWforFreedom on April 25, 2010 at 9:38 AM

this from the party whose mantra is the promotion of tolerance and diversity…what a crock!

they are the MOST INTOLERANT bunch of folks I’ve seen

cmsinaz on April 25, 2010 at 10:01 AM

That ignorant thing with the pink sign should be arrested and fined for sheer stupidity.

Cybergeezer on April 25, 2010 at 10:24 AM

happyfeet on April 24, 2010 at 2:31 PM

Hated by whom? If the we are YOU lefty twits, than all the more reason for backing her. It’s you Palin haters that are beyond contempt.

docdave on April 25, 2010 at 11:03 AM

happyfeet on April 25, 2010 at 4:00 AM

Come on, footie!
You don’t get to make any more comments until you confess that you’re British!

Jenfidel on April 25, 2010 at 4:26 AM

Bugger!

I sensed the prat was a bit dodgy, and I knew footie was pulling my plonker, but I thought the penquin’s porkies were borne stateside.

Saltysam on April 25, 2010 at 11:38 AM

i borrow heavily from Hot Air for my blog, its nice to see them borrowing from me….(j/k). I had this same thought yesterday when i saw the picture and noted not only the irony, but the stupidity of liberal hate. They have no idea what the person next to them believes….its a hodgepodge of random single issue insanity focused on Sarah Palin because thats what they have been programed to do on that particular day.

My experience is that most women who hate Palin, do so because of the abortion issue. They think she is “evil” for pushing a pro-life agenda….talk about irony. Liberals are so emotionally tied to the abortion issue, it makes them irrational….ah, heck, they are irrational if they are liberal anyway.

alecj on April 25, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Eugene is where old hippies go to die. It’s not yet quite as stupid as Frisco or Seattle, but they’re working on it. It was the former hide out of Silas Trim Bissell, and another FBI top-tenner gal whose name escapes me now. Both, like the terrorist wackos Ayers and Dorhn, could fit right in. The rural areas are still quite conservative/libertarian, at least the ones that aren’t growing dope or making meth.

It is pretty amazing how afraid of strong women that nutless-wonder liberals are. I love seeing the tears running down their widdle faces.

trl on April 25, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Fox started in Eugene, didn’t it? I know Nike did. Also, home of Deb Frisch.

Thread over.

Christien on April 25, 2010 at 2:16 PM

I’m not British you weirdos.

I am from the continent of Texas, which means I am very likely a very good person what you would very likely very much enjoy to know.

Unlike Sarah Palin who is a taco.

happyfeet on April 25, 2010 at 2:25 PM

happyfeet on April 25, 2010 at 2:25 PM

who is a whacko

CWforFreedom on April 25, 2010 at 2:55 PM

I’m not British you weirdos.

Unlike Sarah Palin who is a taco.

happyfeet on April 25, 2010 at 2:25 PM

Ah, Texas, the second largest continent in the United States.

As for “taco” — spoken like a true taco god.

unclesmrgol on April 25, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Eugene is where old hippies go to die.

trl on April 25, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Which shows how stupid hippies are. Most old people go to Florida where the weather is better.

AaronGuzman on April 25, 2010 at 3:48 PM

I don’t see a section on the Radical Huffington Post claiming “Funniest Anti-Sarah Palins Signs we’ve seen.”

Most of those nicompoops don’t even know what Sarah Palin stands for…free market, individuality, freedom of expression…they don’t understand it, because they don’t believe it. Anti-Palinists one want thing: Palin gone. It’s a game to them. They don’t care if she found a cure for cancer, they just have a deep-seated hatred for Palin, and that’s that!

PrototypeOne on April 25, 2010 at 4:17 PM

If Sarah has a cure for cancer then that’s a gamechanger I think.

happyfeet on April 25, 2010 at 7:05 PM

If Sarah has a cure for cancer then that’s a gamechanger I think.

happyfeet on April 25, 2010 at 7:05 PM

The real gamechanger would be if you ever said anything interesting about anything.

Brian1972 on April 25, 2010 at 7:25 PM

I’m so journaling that.

Meanieface.

happyfeet on April 25, 2010 at 7:46 PM

If Sarah was from California, they would REALLY hate her… But that’s an “Oregon thing”…

Khun Joe on April 25, 2010 at 7:58 PM

I’m so journaling that.

Ah, the efficacy of the ever-offended.

Doorgunner on April 25, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Heh notice just to the right of the word “free” is another sign with the acronym G.T.F.O. GTFO is short for Get The F Out. So Eugene is a Hate free Get the F out zone.

Dash on April 25, 2010 at 8:42 PM

Look at all those white protestors….. as I have said before, someone needs to call Chris Matthews.

joshleguern on April 25, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Women’s Rights?

This evening Mrs. Mormon Doc and I watched the evening gown portion of a local beauty pageant. It was being televised on a cable access channel and was very interesting. One of the women said that if she was chosen that she would spend her term working for equal rights for women.

This was the second time I have heard this nonsense on television in as many weeks. Is there an insidious new push to bring up this ridiculous idea again? I am curious if anyone else has heard that this movement is gaining traction once again and if so, what is the current demand.

Mormon Doc on April 26, 2010 at 1:46 AM

This reminds me of a 1989 wire photo of a protest march through the Bensonhurst neighborhood of Brooklyn by black activists. Yusuf Hawkins had been beaten to death by a mob of white teens after he was mistaken for the new boyfriend of one of the mob’s exes, and Al Sharpton led the march.

Some Bensonhurst residents were disturbed that the entire neighborhood was being tarred as racist because of the incident. Some didn’t care. The photo showed two counterprotesters: One carrying a sign over his head reading “WE ARE NOT RACISTS.” The other one carried over his head … a watermelon.

L.N. Smithee on April 26, 2010 at 5:01 AM

I’m not British you weirdos.

Unlike Sarah Palin who is a taco.

happyfeet on April 25, 2010 at 2:25 PM

No one uses “what” as an indefinite article modifying a noun (Ex.”It’s people like you what cause unrest..”) or call people “blighters” except the British.
Nice try.
And no, we normal Texans are not eager to know you.
Nor do we enjoy you here.

Jenfidel on April 26, 2010 at 5:10 AM

Ed, is it possible that the woman holding the sign is counter protesting the hate speech from the left?

csdeven on April 24, 2010 at 9:37 AM

No…but then I didn’t even think it was possible for someone to think of something so stupid…so I could be wrong.

right2bright on April 26, 2010 at 8:46 AM

The thing with Hate Free Zone is that -

There is only ‘pre-approved hate’. All other versions of ‘hate’ are targets of these moonbats.

Rival of the Iowa “Gene Free Zone”, just as laughable.

Sir Napsalot on April 26, 2010 at 12:34 PM

The hate filled left, we finally flushed them out from hiding. Now if we can only get the Democrats to own up to the Klan history.

tarpon on April 26, 2010 at 3:18 PM

One of Eugene’s well known and beloved folks used the “red N-word” to me back in the 90′s. I had never heard that used against American Indians until I went to Oregon.

Another well known Eugene guy said “sand N-word” more than once. If their famous folks are casually racist, what are the little people? Hate-free, apparently.

tuffy on April 26, 2010 at 3:41 PM