Quotes of the day

posted at 10:42 pm on April 22, 2010 by Allahpundit

“To be sure, permitting rules and police preparedness are often developed based on past behavior at various kinds of protests. Many go back to the 1960s and 1970s when violent rallies erupted over the Vietnam War. Such protests sprung up again during the presidency of George W. Bush, when protesters clashed with police in New York City and elsewhere during large-scale demonstrations against the Middle East wars. With tea party rallies so far proving more orderly, police have given them more latitude.”

***
“‘They’re being treated with a lot more respect than the anti-war movement was,’ said Cindy Sheehan, the mother of a soldier who died in Iraq, who became the most visible face of those protests.

“‘The anti-war movement has always been treated as a fringe movement – even though at the height of our movement we had hundreds of thousands of people at protests and the majority of public opinion on our side,’ said Sheehan, who spoke to POLITICO from a bus on her way to an Oregon protest against the Afghan war…

“The coverage began, notes Republican consultant Alex Castellanos, with not much more than bemused mockery: ‘How amusing, the peasants are revolting.’

“Now it has reached a level of worried fascination. Or, as Castellanos put it, ‘The peasants actually are revolting!’”

***
“Like the millions of citizens who’ve peacefully risen up and attended thousands of rallies in protest, I seek nothing more than the preservation of the social contract that undergirds our society. I do not hate the government, as the left does when it is not running it. I love this country. And because I do, I insist that the temporary inhabitants of high political office comply with the Constitution, honor our God-given unalienable rights, and respect our hard-earned private property. For this I am called seditious, among other things, by some of the very people who’ve condemned this society?…

“Let me just say it. The Obama/Clinton/media left are comfortable with the unrest in our society today. It allows them to blame and demonize their opponents (doctors, insurance companies, Wall Street, talk radio, Fox News) in order to portray their regime as the great healer of all our ills, thus expanding their power and control over our society.

“A clear majority of the American people want no part of this. They instinctively know that the Obama way is not how things get done in this country. They are motivated by love. Not hate, not sedition. They love their country and want to save it from those who do not.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I mean, i’ll contact my senators. not usaa. duh.

ted c on April 23, 2010 at 6:18 AM

People just have the feeling that all is not well. And they are reacting to that. It is just that elemental.

Terrye on April 23, 2010 at 6:38 AM

I wonder if he is using “revolting” as a verb or an adjective.

IrishEi on April 23, 2010 at 6:52 AM

Speaking of the Tea Party, Newt thinks we’ll end up being the militant wing of the Republican Party. He also used to think that Gorebull Warming was a good issue to sidle up to San Fran Nan with. Til the strong comeback of the last year, and he realized he needed to stop riding that horse.

bikermailman on April 22, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Un-freaking-real! Who needs enemas with ‘friends’ like this.

Monica on April 23, 2010 at 7:08 AM

Remember this!!!!!!
—————————————–
Its an exchange between a grade 5 student,and the
teacher,as the student is brow-beated over politics!

Discusion:Why are YOU SUPPORTING McCain?

Obama Indoctrination?

==================================
==================================

This is a microcosm,right down to the very early stages
of learning as an American student!!

Can you imagine the war,and wars going on at the University
level,but all in the RightSphere know this,and so,here it is
now,with Liberals in control,that want Kumbaya,and all thing
s Utopian!!!

There is NO WAR going on,There is NO BAD ECONOMY,There is
NO GAY RIGHTS ACTIVISTS IN FRONT OF THE WHITE HOUSE(BTW,the
activists are LIBERALS)

THERE IS NO OPPOSION TO HEALTHCARE!!

The Marxist Socialist Media are 1984 with a side order of
Brazil,and a bottle of of Animal Farm Wine!!

Everything that the LEFT see’s,perceives,their mind-frame,
their NARRATIVE is totally *ssAckBackWards to the real REAL
ITY!!!!!

canopfor on April 23, 2010 at 7:19 AM

Interesting video,on government expansion,

-$75,0000/per/quarter for sugar,coffee,tea,etc!
-54 more new cars on order!!
—————————-
A Cook County Coffee Czar?

===================================================
This was pointed out by a Republican,never heard of
him,but there is HOPE!!!!!

Tony Peraica -State of Illinois.

=======================================
Found it off Drudge,checking out the Blageovic
Redaction thingy!

=======================================

canopfor on April 23, 2010 at 7:32 AM

Spot on Rush!

cmsinaz on April 23, 2010 at 7:33 AM

Everything that the LEFT see’s,perceives,their mind-frame,
their NARRATIVE is totally *ssAckBackWards to the real REAL
ITY!!!!!

canopfor on April 23, 2010 at 7:19 AM

Amen C!

cmsinaz on April 23, 2010 at 7:34 AM

They love their country and want to save it from those who do not.

I guess someone had to take Lil’Barry’s mind off getting beat up by Sarah Palin. That line will do it. :-)

MNHawk on April 23, 2010 at 7:45 AM

Spot on Rush!

cmsinaz on April 23, 2010 at 7:33 AM

cmsinaz: I second, your spot on!!:)

Its really amazing at the Lefty thought process,where Bill
was being serviced by Monica the mechcanic,and he gets cau
ght,and who was the guy that was demonized,with the full
weight of the Liberal operatives and media,none other than
special-prosecuter Ken Starr!!!

Then,during the Bush Presidentcy,its Rove,Cheney,Donald
Rumsfeld,Condolezza Rice,Petraseus(Betrayus),and ad nausem!
—-:)

canopfor on April 23, 2010 at 7:56 AM

canopfor on April 23, 2010 at 7:56 AM

indeed, it boggles mind that they see nothing wrong with that

cmsinaz on April 23, 2010 at 7:59 AM

canopfor on April 23, 2010 at 7:56 AM

but apox upon your house if you should demonize one of their own…

cmsinaz on April 23, 2010 at 8:00 AM

canopfor on April 23, 2010 at 7:56 AM
but apox upon your house if you should demonize one of their own…

cmsinaz on April 23, 2010 at 8:00 AM

cmsinaz: Hey,don’t laugh,I had to google it,old english,
perfect description!!:)

canopfor on April 23, 2010 at 8:10 AM

As one who started attending TEA parties on February 27, 2009 and Stands for Freedom at his two Freedom Corners, 38 weeks now and counting, I do it for love of country. I could care less if we had a President Pelosi, a President Mc Cain or a President Obama from an individual standpoint, but when the their policies are aimed at destroying our free market system, and infringe on my economic freedom and civil liberties, I will go to the streets; peacefully, but I will not stand idly by if I see a repeat of “then they came for the Jews, and I didn’t speak out because I was not a Jew . . . . “. And I am not a Jew but if they come for the Jews or any other group, none are safe.

That is the difference between then and now. Even though I detested the spending under President Bush and wrote him constantly about it, I didn’t hit the streets. But now I and others see a threat to our basic liberties and spending totaling more than all other administrations preceding this one combined.

The crap hit the fan for me and I won’t stand for it anymore!

amr on April 23, 2010 at 8:14 AM

canopfor on April 23, 2010 at 8:10 AM

no worries, was paraphrasing a little shakespeare :)

have a most excellent weekend my friend!

cmsinaz on April 23, 2010 at 8:14 AM

Bertha Lewis, head of the “former (names a’changing community activists)” ACORN, called the tea party a “bowel” movement, much to the glee of her Democratic Socialist Party audience.–She’s mad she can’t get more of our tax dollars. (see Glenn Beck show, April 22)

Nalea on April 23, 2010 at 8:14 AM

Nalea on April 23, 2010 at 8:14 AM

they can’t actually defend their position so they resort to middle school antics…

cmsinaz on April 23, 2010 at 8:16 AM

Had President Obama campaigned on this agenda, he wouldn’t have garnered 30% of the popular vote.

Thank you. Well said, Rush!

petefrt on April 23, 2010 at 8:30 AM

I just read that column by Rush. An excellent and reasoned rebuttal of the Obama/Clinton/MSM left. Respectful? Yes, of course. Violent? Of course not.

The left is circling the drain after the flush. It is now only a matter of time before the collapse. See their futile attempts to bring people/organizations/companies into their camp to share in their misery. “Join Us” obama told wall street, “don’t fight us”. A lame attempt at trying to pull those in close so they can become tomorrows scapegoat.

ted c on April 23, 2010 at 8:41 AM

Terrye on April 23, 2010 at 6:38 AM

Exactly.

xax on April 23, 2010 at 8:43 AM

People are starting to realize that what’s at stake here is nothing less than their liberty.

petefrt on April 23, 2010 at 9:21 AM

That you posted the piece by Rush Limbaugh is to your credit, AP. That you actually might learn something from it would be even more so.

SKYFOX on April 23, 2010 at 1:30 PM

the majority of public opinion on our side,’ said Sheehan

Really cindy? I must have slept thru that.

allrsn on April 23, 2010 at 11:42 PM