Gird your loins: Obama tells Scott Brown immigration battle is coming soon

posted at 7:09 pm on April 20, 2010 by Allahpundit

Makes me nervous, albeit not for the reason you’d think.

On the upside? Supreme Court nominee clusterfark + national meltdown over amnesty = best traffic month evah.

President Barack Obama called Massachusetts’ new Republican senator, Scott Brown, from Air Force One today to deliver some news: Democrats are moving forward with an immigration overhaul in a month.

Alluding to the issue a few minutes later, Brown clarified what he told Obama. “When I said I have an open mind, it means I have an open mind to read the bill,” he said. “That doesn’t mean that I will vote for granting amnesty to anyone. But I want to be respectful to the president and to any member who brings me a proposal.”

After winning health care and advancing financial re-regulation, many Democrats thought the president’s big legislative agenda would be winding down. Election season is beginning, a Supreme Court nomination fight is at hand, and Democrats don’t lack for accomplishments, just political support. But Schumer has argued strongly that they should move forward with a broad overhaul of immigration laws, including a tough crack-down on border security and a path to citizenship for the estimated 11 million illegal immigrants already in the country.

Didn’t Harry Reid tell us just a week ago that immigration was going nowhere this year? I think he did, and notwithstanding today’s news, I think he’s right. And a lot of people who are in the know think so too:

Obama’s outreach to Brown is part of a quickly hatched, coordinated effort with congressional leaders to thrust the volatile immigration debate back to the front burner. At a joint House and Senate leadership meeting late Tuesday, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid promised to House leaders that he would put an immigration bill on the floor this year—and he secured a commitment from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi that the House will vote on immigration reform, according to a Democratic leadership source with knowledge of the meeting…

Graham is pessimistic. “No one’s spent any political capital laying the groundwork for this,” he told POLITICO Tuesday. “In 2007, with President Bush, you had two Cabinet secretaries up here for three days a week, two to three hours a day. That’s what it takes, and that’s what’s been missing,” he said…

Top Republican advocates on immigration reform remain very skeptical that the legislation will go anywhere this year.

“With the toxic environment after healthcare, I just don’t think you’re going to get a lot of moderate Democrats jumping into the comprehensive immigration debate this close to an election year,” Graham said.

I’ve explained before why I think this is basically a good idea for the Democrats. If it passes, Obama gets a big win and, presumably, a spike in Latino support ahead of the midterms. If it fails, he gets the amnesty groups and the Dems’ Latino caucus off his back — “hey, I tried!” — while blaming everything on those darned Republicans, which could mean a bump in Latino support for his side anyway regardless. It’s win-win. Even if a bunch of Blue Dogs vote no to protect themselves, how many of them come from districts where a “no” vote would be dangerous? My hunch is that The One knows this is a loser but wants it off the table ASAP and will go through the motions of drumming up support for it, like calling Scott Brown. Given the state of unemployment, even RINO types from deep blue states like Scotty B have a good excuse to vote no this year. So I’m not worried — yet.

What makes me nervous is the possibility that this isn’t a case of The One going through the motions but rather a sort of “kamikaze” mentality taking hold. If the Dems have now resigned themselves to the fact that they’re going to get hammered in November, they may go for broke and try to pass as much crap from their agenda as they can regardless of what it means for vulnerable Democrats. In fact, there’s an ominous story up at TPM about how Obama’s considering picking a truly left-wing nominee for the Supreme Court, ostensibly on grounds that he might as well go with a hard liberal since the GOP will oppose whoever he chooses. That’s stupid — Sotomayor got nine Republican votes and there’s no reason to think another center-left nominee wouldn’t do just as well — but it makes sense if The One’s decided to get aggressive before his congressional majority disintegrates. (In fact, I speculated about that on the day Stevens retired.) How you get Blue Dogs to go along with this is beyond me, but they went along with O-Care against all odds. Anything’s possible.

Here’s Democratic rep Luis Gutierrez, who initially threatened to vote against O-Care on immigration grounds, warning Obama that the time for talk is over.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Wonderful! I can’t wait to see John McCain lead the charge against amnesty!

MadisonConservative on April 20, 2010 at 7:12 PM

They will try to ram this through as they did Obamacare.

DrMagnolias on April 20, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Lindsay Graham just got wood.

portlandon on April 20, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Can someone stop this ride? I want to get off.

JamesLee on April 20, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Better than Sarah Palin’s atheist cat getting an iPad from Meghan McCain?

malclave on April 20, 2010 at 7:13 PM

dang, two things to repeal

runner on April 20, 2010 at 7:13 PM

AP may have a point but on the flip side an amnesty debate will also increase the tea party momentum. So, it could be a wash as well.

hisfrogness on April 20, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Maybe this is just a Hail Mary pass given he is going to lose much of his majority in November AND he needs as much Latino support as possible to hold the losses down. Keep in mind that he doesn’t have much experience with governing and he’s not exactly a fast learner! Maybe he has Congressional support to move a vitriolic debate forward, and maybe he doesn’t. Should be interesting to watch!

Jill1066 on April 20, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Just stealing the jobs Americans used to have, i bet that works out well for Obama-commie.

tarpon on April 20, 2010 at 7:15 PM

What’s Barracky boy NOT going to F-up?

Cybergeezer on April 20, 2010 at 7:15 PM

Rob Krentz was unavailable for comment.

Aviator on April 20, 2010 at 7:15 PM

You aren’t the only one. And with whimpy people concerning congress and the senate… I wonder what is going on behind them closed doors.

upinak on April 20, 2010 at 7:15 PM

Wonderful! I can’t wait to see John McCain lead the charge against amnesty!

MadisonConservative on April 20, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Someone get Beck to find McShamnestey. He’s going to need that duct tape or his head will go splodeydope.

bikermailman on April 20, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Ram through a bill while he is “playing” golf!

Cybergeezer on April 20, 2010 at 7:16 PM

The BIGGEST reason I left the Democrats was that I really felt Obama is so steeped in victim-think and minority methodology that he was the wrong president at the right time.

But I do trust we’ll flip this.

AnninCA on April 20, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Go ahead Barry, push amnesty. It’s a great time to do it right now. Just remember, Latino’s may have a ‘big voice’, but they seldom VOTE.

GarandFan on April 20, 2010 at 7:17 PM

A Sh*t Storm is on the precipice!!

canopfor on April 20, 2010 at 7:17 PM

I don’t know if we can all survive another go around, like we did with ObamaCare.

I hope the country can withstand it.

portlandon on April 20, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Obama needs new voters for 2012 and he’s running out of our money to bribe people.

Maxpower on April 20, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Well, they won’t be stealing any jobs (all gone), just unemployment benefits.

andy85719 on April 20, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Whoever said that Obama would Triangulate has their head in the sand. He’ll never do it, even when Dems lose big in Nov. Never. Radicals never play the moderate.

conservative pilgrim on April 20, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Karl Rove thought he knew what he was doing when Bush raised this issue in 2005 (it’s all about demographics, people). But obviously it didn’t play well with the Republican base.

Obama doesn’t have to worry about the Republican base.

YYZ on April 20, 2010 at 7:18 PM

It’s not that the Democrats are so good at attracting Latinos. It’s that SOME Republicans–some very vocal Republicans using over-heated language–are so damn good at being repulsive to Latinos. And the best judges of what’s repulsive to Latinos, believe it or not, are Latinos. Imagine that. The polls tell the story. Treat people with respect, and they might even agree with you. Treat people like vermin, and they’ll never agree.

RBMN on April 20, 2010 at 7:18 PM

I hope the country can withstand it.

portlandon on April 20, 2010 at 7:17 PM

grab the asprin, the smelling salts and the electric shock paddles Port. Gotta keep everyone alive for the next sweeping round of fainters and heart attack victims not covered under ObamaCare.

upinak on April 20, 2010 at 7:18 PM

On the plus side, the quality of the amnesty bill will be just be as good as the ObamaCare bill, so Congress may very well, inadvertently, insert some language depriving all government employees of US citizenship.

runner on April 20, 2010 at 7:19 PM

McCain says he thinks the GOP will hang together and oppose amnesty. He better get his a-hole friend from South Carolina on board for a filibuster.

Mark1971 on April 20, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Me love Senor Obama. Me and Maria and our 10 ninos will all vote mucho times again for him in 2012 and 2016 and 2020 and 2024.

NoBordersJose on April 20, 2010 at 7:19 PM

It’s a brilliant plan. It will infuriate the majority of Americans enough to guarantee virtually every Democrat is swept away.

I pray he’s this stupid.

TheBigOldDog on April 20, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Smart move if they believe they need the Latino/Hispanic turnout to mitigate the November losses.

My guess is that he’ll also push the envelope with his Supreme Court nominee. Go for the gold.

Get that base riled up, make it scorched earth politics. Even if he loses in November big, he’ll have two more victories (assuming this passes) to use when he’s up for election.

Our hopes now lay with the moderates.

Gulp.

SteveMG on April 20, 2010 at 7:20 PM

Ya know,I expected Immigration Reform thingy
to be started about nine months before the
Presidential Election,that way,Hopey can hang
the carrot out,to be re-elected,with vote me
back in,and I’ll gaurantee your citizenship!!

canopfor on April 20, 2010 at 7:21 PM

McCain vs Grahamnesty…
Can’t wait.

mjbrooks3 on April 20, 2010 at 7:21 PM

Kamikaze attack on America … Best description of Obama-kaze out there. My guess is crashing America is harder than he figured when he was promising Soros, for the right money, he could get the job done.

I wonder what McAmnesty thinks, now that he wants troops on the southern border. Been nice about now if we had a fence.

tarpon on April 20, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Just wait till theres riots,with Liberal Activists
gone wild!!

Jus sayin!

canopfor on April 20, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Sure doesn’t take much to please this guy.

Scott Brown Nose sure ain’t no Allen West.

MB4 on April 20, 2010 at 7:23 PM

The GOP needs to tie amnesty to HCR.

Like now, don’t wait.

artist on April 20, 2010 at 7:23 PM

upinak on April 20, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Always the Leader Upi. =)

Yeah. I’ll stock up on Mylanta, Tums, and grab a stretcher to carry the victims of ObamaCare.

portlandon on April 20, 2010 at 7:23 PM

runner on April 20, 2010 at 7:19 PM

+10

lol! thanks I needed that!

ginaswo on April 20, 2010 at 7:23 PM

Miss Lindsey probably has more time on his hands now that Massa is gone.

Aviator on April 20, 2010 at 7:23 PM

Yes, but the moderates will save us from all of this.

Right? Who’s with me? (crickets chirping)

It’s crazy but it might just work.

SteveMG on April 20, 2010 at 7:23 PM

McCain vs Grahamnesty…
Can’t wait.

mjbrooks3 on April 20, 2010 at 7:21 PM

Yep. GOP primary voters know he has influence with Graham. If he can’t hold Graham it won’t be good for McCain. Graham will have to choose between helping his buddy or kissing Latino ass.

Mark1971 on April 20, 2010 at 7:24 PM

I seem to remember there was supposed to be a fence or something?

Left Coast Right Mind on April 20, 2010 at 7:24 PM

Even my liberal friends and family are against amnesty. I think this will be even less popular than BambiCare, and we all know what a winner that was.

Geez, more letters and phone calls and emails and bullhorns and…. But hey, look how long we held off ‘bamaCare?

JusDreamin on April 20, 2010 at 7:24 PM

He treats this country like it’s just one big freakin’ piñata.

IrishEi on April 20, 2010 at 7:25 PM

I believe this is Obama’s move to get the pro amnesty protestors to face off against the Tea Partiers. When violence breaks out, the Democrats and media will all say that as they have been saying for months, the Tea Party movement is racist and violent.

huckleberryfriend on April 20, 2010 at 7:25 PM

Mark1971 on April 20, 2010 at 7:19 PM

+100

McCain better get the old gang back together and hold the line on Immigration.

Whoever would have thought that our front lines would look so terrible?

portlandon on April 20, 2010 at 7:25 PM

I love the idea of legalizing 25 million people with unemployment at 10%+ and a law to give them all free health insurance – people already being undercut in the unions and the trades will love it even more.

Just do it Barry. Please. I beg you. Go for it. And please recycle the, “jobs American’s won’t do” mantra. It will help you greatly.

TheBigOldDog on April 20, 2010 at 7:25 PM

we better get some good attys here in AZ to fight for us at SCOTUS. Os trying to kill Federalism and we are on collision courses with him on health care and illegal immigration enforcement already…what’s behind Door Number 3?

ginaswo on April 20, 2010 at 7:26 PM

There’s one thing Zippy is good at besides agitating, and that is playing in traffic.

Go for it, Zip.

Cody1991 on April 20, 2010 at 7:26 PM

He really wants to go back to Chicago sooner rather than later.

sherry on April 20, 2010 at 7:26 PM

He treats this country like it’s just one big freakin’ piñata.

IrishEi on April 20, 2010 at 7:25 PM

that ain’t candy coming out of it either!

upinak on April 20, 2010 at 7:27 PM

The GOP needs to tie amnesty to HCR.

Like now, don’t wait.

artist on April 20, 2010 at 7:23 PM

Yep. Start pushing the cost of adding amnesty to the subsidy rolls.

malclave on April 20, 2010 at 7:27 PM

I am so sick of Democrats.

Cindy Munford on April 20, 2010 at 7:27 PM

Why is it that the “Latino Community” is held in such high esteem…

… But millions of Americans from all races, sexes, and creeds that make up the TEA Parties should not be listened to and should be dropped down a deep, dark well?

Seven Percent Solution on April 20, 2010 at 7:28 PM

SteveMG I’m a moderate and I’ve got your back on this one, of course I’m a mod Dem and those are extinct in Congress so it’s just me and the blue collar Catholics, but we vote!

ginaswo on April 20, 2010 at 7:28 PM

that ain’t candy coming out of it either!

upinak on April 20, 2010 at 7:27 PM

upinak:Moose Guts!?:)

canopfor on April 20, 2010 at 7:28 PM

huckleberryfriend on April 20, 2010 at 7:25 PM

OMG. I think you’re on to something. This makes total sense. La Migra Vs. Tea Party showdown, with planned violence paid for by the DNC/Unions.

portlandon on April 20, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Do we have any money left for the thugs to stoke up their big ole’ bribe machines?

obladioblada on April 20, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Time to replace those stinking ungrateful voters before the November election.

ajackson on April 20, 2010 at 7:29 PM

huckleberryfriend on April 20, 2010 at 7:25 PM

Hmmmm. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

And since a few of us CC… with something like that, in which could happen I will make sure to have everyone and anyone bring their cam’s for the whole thing as back up with getting jumped.

upinak on April 20, 2010 at 7:30 PM

If a strong push for amnesty further stirs the Tea Party movement, especially if the movement grows, the Left will have ‘proven’ the racism of the Partiers. The MSM will have its ‘see, I told you so’ moment and you can bet the farm they’ll hammer it at every turn.

Liam on April 20, 2010 at 7:31 PM

a sort of “kamikaze” mentality taking hold

Tennouheika Banzai! Tora, Tora, Tora!

MB4 on April 20, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Liam on April 20, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Grab your cam if you ever go to the protests. Start taping the News crews too.

upinak on April 20, 2010 at 7:32 PM

As he is forced further and further into his bunker, Herr Obama will get more and more desperate.

MB4 on April 20, 2010 at 7:33 PM

It is just a distraction to take the focus off Healthcare, which helped take the focus off bailouts and budget. It will just be a way to attack protestors and conservatives as extreem right wing racist.

jywill on April 20, 2010 at 7:33 PM

For those of you who missed it…

Bordering On FraudShare27posted at 12:55 pm on April 20, 2010 by Doctor Zero

… required reading.

Seven Percent Solution on April 20, 2010 at 7:33 PM

“There is often an energy to demonism that mere virtue lacks.”

– Herman Melville

aengus on April 20, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Does anyone now think that Obama is just misguided, ill-informed or receiving poor advice and not on top of every decision he is making and that he knows exactly what he is doing?

Please I implore to the evangelicals on our side: wake up and smell the roses and stop being charitable to Obama and to the Far Left-we are way beyond “rendering to Caesar”.

technopeasant on April 20, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Back to Scott Brown for a minute. Those of you from the NE and Mass specifically, how would “Immigration Reform” play there?

JusDreamin on April 20, 2010 at 7:34 PM

If a strong push for amnesty further stirs the Tea Party movement, especially if the movement grows, the Left will have ‘proven’ the racism of the Partiers. The MSM will have its ’see, I told you so’ moment and you can bet the farm they’ll hammer it at every turn.

Liam on April 20, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Absolutely they will. There’s nothing really we can do about it. Just let them keep squawking while we stay focused on opposing this stuff. Nothing else we can do as far as I can tell.

Mark1971 on April 20, 2010 at 7:35 PM

jywill on April 20, 2010 at 7:33 PM

How more right wing can we get? I mean Napalitano calling us all skin heads, racists, tea bagger blah blah blah….

If I go anymore right wing.. I am going to go full circle!

upinak on April 20, 2010 at 7:35 PM

National Council of La Raza
July 22, 2007
Miami, FL

Obama Speech
=============================

canopfor on April 20, 2010 at 7:35 PM

Liam on April 20, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Is that really working for them anymore? They are shredding their credibility so fast that by 2012 it will be pure entertainment to watch them hang on for dear life. It will be a meltdown on election night.

sherry on April 20, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Lindsey Graham is a puke, but I wonder if he’ll have the nerve to pull the same stunt as he did in 2006 and call opponents bigots, racists and tell us to “shaddup.”

Cody1991 on April 20, 2010 at 7:38 PM

TheBigOldDog on April 20, 2010 at 7:25 PM

They’re working here already. What legalizing them does is eliminate the leverage that employers use to make them work for peanuts. If they’re legal, not hiding, then they can work on merit. Can Americans compete with them on merit? I think so. Once we know who they are–part of the deal–they can only stay if they’re working. If they have no job, they have to leave. It’s not really true that unemployment is directly related to number of workers. It’s more related to what workers are willing to do to put food on the table. Unemployment is always more about shortages of imagination than shortages of opportunity.

RBMN on April 20, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Cody1991 on April 20, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Is he up for re-election?

upinak on April 20, 2010 at 7:39 PM

He needs voters.

tessa on April 20, 2010 at 7:40 PM

He then said in an interview with The Hill published Tuesday that Hispanic voters “can stay home” on Election Day if they continue to be frustrated by inaction in Washington.

Gutierrez clarified at his press conference Tuesday afternoon that he’s not yet calling for voters to stay home, but isn’t ruling out doing so either.

Gutierrez suggested Tuesday that the administration threaten to withhold funding to Arizona if they try to carry out the law.

davidk on April 20, 2010 at 7:40 PM

The GOP needs to explain to the poor why illegal immigration hurts them. They really do not know how to fight this battle .

CWforFreedom on April 20, 2010 at 7:41 PM

Crackdown on border security? From a Democrat?

That’ll be the day.

Schmuck Schumer is a damn liar.

drjohn on April 20, 2010 at 7:41 PM

It’s time to sharpen my pitchfork and get the torch ready….this is going to get UGLY.
Craptastic!

HornetSting on April 20, 2010 at 7:43 PM

How fast would this “path to citizenship’ need to be, to get the extra Latino votes in November?

OldEnglish on April 20, 2010 at 7:43 PM

perfect timing for the 2012 election year so they will vote in Obama.

deidre on April 20, 2010 at 7:44 PM

RBMN on April 20, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Well as long as we continue to extend and extend unemployment benefits while leaving our borders pretty much wide open ensures more unemployment. Weird how that works.

CWforFreedom on April 20, 2010 at 7:44 PM

HornetSting on April 20, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Better use animal fat. That kerosene maybe gone via Obama-nomics.

upinak on April 20, 2010 at 7:45 PM

Community Agitator in Chief!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on April 20, 2010 at 7:45 PM

McCain’s lapdog, Grahamnesty, is doing what his master wants. McCain is stuck in his blue dog impersonation until after the election. Like all blue dogs after the election, its business as usual. You don’t have to be smart to be a politician, just smarter than the voters at election time. McCain has stabbed more people in the back than Jack the Ripper.

volsense on April 20, 2010 at 7:45 PM

Mark1971 on April 20, 2010 at 7:35 PM

The MSM basically lost the argument we’re racist, after showing there are people of color among us. Though they said idiot things like ‘many faces at the podium but few among the crowd’, the truth is out there. Even the Uncle Tom meme–racist of itself, on part of the Left–failed to prove the argument. Those fellow Americans, being black, are among the Movement and that can’t be hidden.

But, notice, few if any Hispanics have been on camera. I’m not into conspiracy theories but it’s curious the race-obsessed Left ignored speaking of fellow Americans of Hispanic decent. The MSM hasn’t said much about such Americans.

Now, though, we have to shoot down the Left’s expected framing again, which is easy enough. They’re going to be a quandry; if there are black Tea Partiers opposing amnesty, are those ‘Uncle Toms’ racist, too? And what about Americans of Asian lineage?

These MSM types make it so easy they should be ashamed of themselves. But such a political and media fight is coming. Long as we stay frosty and tight, the MSM won’t win try as they might.

Liam on April 20, 2010 at 7:45 PM

Is he up for re-election?

upinak on April 20, 2010 at 7:39 PM

No. He just got reelected. We’re stuck with him for a few more years. He appeals to the midlands of the state and the coastal area where we have a lot of, ummm….. Blue State transplants. You know the drill.

On the other hand, he takes his orders from Mac, so maybe he’ll tone it down this time around. Mac is backing off amnesty for the time being. If he wins, he’ll probably be back on his pro-amnesty routine.

Cody1991 on April 20, 2010 at 7:46 PM

Translation: McCain’s suck up to La Raza
By Michelle Malkin • July 14, 2008 12:04 PM

While John McCain’s lips move this afternoon during his speech to the Race’s open-borders lovefest, let me serve as your interpreter:

MCCAIN: My friends, you are right. Those people who killed my shamnesty bill have ill intentions. They are bigots, just like my friend Lindsay Graham told you they were when he spoke before you two years ago.

My friends, I don’t want to talk about securing the border any more than you do. But trust me, when the “border” is “secure” (wink, wink, nudge, nudge), then we’ll do what we all want to do: Formalize our Sanctuary Nation. Rejoice that illegal aliens are serving in the military. And sanctimoniously demonize and marginalize all those pesky bigots who keep obsessing about immigration enforcement and national security. I’m as committed to peddling sob-story platitudes and whitewashing your ethnic nationalism as you are! (What was that about the 15 things about The Race you should know? Shhhhhhhhhhh!)

Just work with me here, ok? Brother Obama may have marched with you at the Chicago May Day illegal alien parade. But I have a lifetime commitment to Hispandering! And you have showered with me with honors for my open-borders work.

Remember?

They don’t call me La Raza’s voice in Washington for nothing.

MB4 on April 20, 2010 at 7:46 PM

Craptastic!

HornetSting on April 20, 2010 at 7:43 PM

HornetSting: Little Liberal Demon Chicks com’n home to roost
as they hit the fan!!!:)

canopfor on April 20, 2010 at 7:46 PM

Here we go again

tomas on April 20, 2010 at 7:47 PM

RBMN on April 20, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Ir removes any restriction on the options and thus, creates greater competition up the food chain. When they are legal, they can be hired legally, in the open, at cut rates. Right now, they work in the shadows where they cause problems in some of the trades but nothing like what it would be if they were legal.

Right now, they’re heading home because when they can’t find work, they can’t collect unemployment or slip and fall and collect worker’s comp. Amnesty would open the floodgates for a return in addition to putting a huge new monetary burden on the States they don’t have right now.

It’s going to create a great anxiety among Americans especially blue collar workers. mark my words.

TheBigOldDog on April 20, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Time for Republicans to start impeachment proceedings against O’Chavez for presidential campaign fraud.

This bum intentionally misrepresented himself to the electorate in order to get elected. He spoke high and mighty about the costs of the wars in Iraq and Afganistan, implying a quick pullout from both countries upon his election.

He talked of reaching across the aisle and made bipartisanship his post-election calling card. Yeah, Mr. effing Centrist!
How many people who voted for him now have voter’s remorse? My guess is a sufficient amount to have swayed the election results. The man is a fraud, and a borderline communist hellbent on destroying this once great country.

With every bow to a foreign dictator, he brings this country further down on its knees.

Sweet_Thang on April 20, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Cody1991 on April 20, 2010 at 7:46 PM

luck you /sssssss

upinak on April 20, 2010 at 7:48 PM

OldEnglish on April 20, 2010 at 7:43 PM

OldEnglish: As simple,as a fake drivers license,I think!!:)

canopfor on April 20, 2010 at 7:49 PM

When is the AZ primary? I’m wondering if McCain will just say “screw it” and vote for amnesty if the bill comes up for a vote after a loss to Hayworth. He would have nothing to lose at that point.

Mark1971 on April 20, 2010 at 7:49 PM

Whatever Obama gains in Latino votes by pushing amnesty(it’ll never pass however), he’ll lose in support from whites. At the rate he’s going, minority voters are all he’ll have left by 2012.

Doughboy on April 20, 2010 at 7:49 PM

How you get Blue Dogs to go along with this is beyond me…

What Blue Dogs?

Blaise on April 20, 2010 at 7:49 PM

There is a Path to citizenship.

Step 1: Go back to your native country

Step 2: Get in line

trubble on April 20, 2010 at 7:49 PM

Looking at the HA link title, it sez ‘…scott-brown-immigration-battle…’ This title in itself is a concession to the real battle being waged, which is pro/anti illegal immigration reform. Quit giving up the high ground. I doubt that anyone here at HA is opposed to legal immigration, though there might be some disagreement as to how many (or where they are from) legal immigrants the US allows each year.

That being said, I hope that the AZ legislation allowing the arrest of people failing to show their papers is quickly quashed.

GnuBreed on April 20, 2010 at 7:49 PM