Video: Obama gets testy with “don’t ask, don’t tell” hecklers

posted at 10:20 pm on April 19, 2010 by Allahpundit

Nothing too exciting but since this is as irritable as we’re likely to see President Spock get, it qualifies as fun enough for a late-night palate cleanser. Things start hopping around two minutes in and then again at five minutes in.

Unemployment near 10 percent, federal deficits rocketing to unprecedented levels, U.S. troops still fighting two wars and a showdown with Iran on the horizon, and the big lefty outcry at his fundraiser with Boxer is over a policy the White House is already working to repeal. Perfect. Click the image to watch.

o-heckle

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

You know something has gone horribly wrong when Obama is looking straight ahead, and not to his left or to his right for teleprompter scripting.

GaltBlvnAtty on April 19, 2010 at 11:32 PM

At the appropriate point in time, he will resign for medical reasons. This was all planned out as a temporary distraction (or sympathy ploy) at Martha’s Vineyard last summer for when the mud gets too deep.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. And Dems sure are desperate.

platypus on April 19, 2010 at 10:44 PM

So he has a “Plan B” as you suggest, for “ditching” the presidency, but not for Iran’s nukes? I cringe at the succesors. November? Bueller?

ProudPalinFan on April 19, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Not getting a lot of respect, is he?

I hate the Spock comparison. Spock would see the logic of tax cuts.

capitalist piglet on April 19, 2010 at 11:39 PM

Stop it you children! Stop it! Oh wait.

Speakup on April 19, 2010 at 11:43 PM

C’mon, c’mon….luck of the Corzine, luck of the Coakley, luck of Creigh Deeds….just rub Obama all up one side and down the other! C’mon, Babs, you know you want to!

cthulhu on April 19, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Among the first to be purged are the looniest of the Left.
guffaw…snort

justltl on April 19, 2010 at 11:53 PM

President Spock

OMG Allah, thank G_d I finished drinking my chocolate milk before I read that… it would’ve ended up all over the screen

AlexB on April 19, 2010 at 11:53 PM

This is an excellent omen. Obama has administered the kiss of death to Boxer’s reelection bid. Everyone he campaigns for, loses.

ButterflyDragon on April 19, 2010 at 11:53 PM

President Ass.

5u93rm4n on April 19, 2010 at 11:57 PM

petulant child..

D2Boston on April 20, 2010 at 12:01 AM

Don’t look to doofpundit for your news. They released a great picture of the suspected main attacker in the french quarter beating. SURPRISE! He was one of the anarchist POLITICAL protesters.

Nope, not political, nothing to see here. Thanks doofpundit and MM!

TTheoLogan on April 19, 2010 at 10:40 PM

Off-topic troll shows up in post about off-topic hecklers.

It’s almost poetic.

RINO in Name Only on April 20, 2010 at 12:08 AM

Quit calling him Spock. There were a few occasions where Spock either saved the known universe or had an assist. Spock never voted present. I mean, even in the latest Star Trek iteration he’s still saving Vulcan culture for the next mellinia.

I watch Spock as a child on TV. I followed him in the movie series. Mr. Obama… you’re no Spock.

Mojave Mark on April 20, 2010 at 12:12 AM

President Thin Skin doesn’t appear to be able to take the pressure.

GarandFan on April 20, 2010 at 12:17 AM

That really reminds me of all the detective/mystery stories I read as a kid where someone is guilty of killing one (or more) people, but they wind up being arrested and convicted for the death of someone they had nothing to do with. Absolutely perfect.

DrAllecon on April 20, 2010 at 12:25 AM

You know you are doomed to lose your Senate re-election when the president refers to you as a sub-compact senator with a lot of energy.

HA!

smartsy on April 20, 2010 at 12:42 AM

What a twag…

Inanemergencydial on April 20, 2010 at 12:44 AM

Do you wanna come up here?
I don’t know why you’re hollering at us

Simple, Obowma. They know as well as the rest of us that the Republicans can’t stop it, Ma’am Senator Boxer can’t help it happen. It’s a stroke of a pen, from you, is the only thing stopping the repeal from happening.

bikermailman on April 20, 2010 at 1:28 AM

For once, Obambi made sense @ 3:40 when he said “it makes sense to holler at people who don’t listen” So here he’s telling the gays to protest the ‘antigays’ and leave those supporting you alone. Implication being if you holler long/loud enough, you can change the opposition. Funny thing being the anti-DADT crowd may at best represent 25% of Americans as a front-burner issue.

Earth to ‘spock’, 60% of the people were hollering at you to not pass Obamacare, deficit spending etc. But instead of absorbing the hollering, he equates them with racists, homophobes and trash in general.

Bottomline, Obambi doesn’t like anyone hollering at his smaugness, regardless of the issue or POV.

AH_C on April 20, 2010 at 1:36 AM

Collapse.

It’s going to be a slow march to November, LOL!

PattyJ on April 20, 2010 at 1:37 AM

SEDITION!!!

Jim-Rose on April 19, 2010 at 10:24 PM

The hecklers should be thanking him.

farright on April 19, 2010 at 10:26 PM

Actual teabaggers interrupting him. Oh, the irony.

JammieWearingFool on April 19, 2010 at 10:35 PM

These are just a few of the things I wish I’d said.

petunia on April 20, 2010 at 1:46 AM

cthulhu on April 19, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Obama is part Irish… they turn the fountain green in honor of it.

petunia on April 20, 2010 at 1:48 AM

Tzetzes on April 19, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Hey you White House
Ha-ha, charade you are

Cylor on April 20, 2010 at 2:03 AM

Mojave Mark on April 20, 2010 at 12:12 AM

Well, there was that episode where Spock’s brain was stolen.
The result would be O’bama.
(Missing-brain Spock also needed a remote control so he could be maneuvered around-I think it was called the Soros Switch)

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on April 20, 2010 at 2:14 AM

This isn’t the “Clinton-deals-with-heckler” clip I was looking for. It’s even better.

And, all politics aside (hnyuk), it was actually very gracious of Obama, at the very end, to attempt to disarm the hecklers for Barbara Boxerocks as he was about to introduce her.

Tuning Spork on April 20, 2010 at 2:17 AM

Actual teabaggers interrupting him. Oh, the irony.

JammieWearingFool on April 19, 2010 at 10:35 PM

Threadwinner.

Fishoutofwater on April 20, 2010 at 2:34 AM

For “Four legs good, two legs bad,” substitute “Yes we can!” Until two legs inevitably become better.

All the animals
remembered passing such resolutions: or at least they thought that they remembered it. The four young pigs who had protested when Napoleon abolished the Meetings raised their voices timidly, but they were promptly silenced by a tremendous growling from the dogs. Then, as usual, the sheep broke into “Four legs good, two legs bad!” and the momentary awkwardness was smoothed over.

brambo_42 on April 20, 2010 at 4:22 AM

I find his responses to critics to be genuinely obnoxious.

Indeed I find his responses to be adolescent. Truly not presidential.

For one thing, sneering at voting taxpayers on April 15 should be beneath any president. But not this one.

Furthermore, a dignified presidential response to heckling would be to ignore it.

He has plenty of minions, after all, who will defend him by physically removing any noisy distraction from the venue.

Naturally, since I oppose this president, I firmly believe that all opponents of this pretender need to continue heckling him every chance they can.

Heckling gets in his head and throws him off his game, and causes him to lose a strategic edge, resulting in unseemly responses.

Edouard on April 20, 2010 at 5:05 AM

I hear that He would laugh about this:

Can we offer to let this man enjoy a wasted trip om Air Force One, a drink and a smoke regularly if He lets us cling to our guns and Bibles and cruisin’ in our gas guzzlers?

IlikedAUH2O on April 20, 2010 at 5:46 AM

Oh, I think he can get a LOT more irritable, which is why the WH handlers haven’t had a presser in almost a year.

I think the pique here is nothing compared to the vitriol he spews on Air Force One, the Oval Office…everywhere.

One day–I predict soon–he will forget he’s in front of a camera and drop a nuke of obscenities what will turn the Lincoln Memorial navy blue.

A narcissist who’s not getting love is one loose cannon. Just wait.

Grace_is_sufficient on April 20, 2010 at 6:19 AM

When someone is pompous and thin-skinned it makes things somewhat interesting.

CWforFreedom on April 20, 2010 at 6:36 AM

President Spock Khan Noonien Singh

Watch the “Space Seed” episode of Star Trek in which Khan first appeared to decide for yourself how apt this renaming is.

Khan, I’m laughing at the “superior intellect.”
– James T. Kirk, Star Trek II – The Wrath of Khan

ya2daup on April 20, 2010 at 6:40 AM

Beautiful!

You can actually see his white half turning crimson with anger.

Thank you sir, more please.

tru2tx on April 20, 2010 at 7:07 AM

I hate the Spock comparison. Spock would see the logic of tax cuts.

I agree. Spock would see the logic of a lot of conservative principles, the first of which being you don’t spend more than you make.

englishqueen01 on April 20, 2010 at 7:14 AM

Threadwinner.

Fishoutofwater on April 20, 2010 at 2:34 AM

2nd

cmsinaz on April 20, 2010 at 7:31 AM

classic mr. thin skin…

cmsinaz on April 20, 2010 at 7:32 AM

I’m sure the lamestream media will report that teabaggers interrupted Obama’s speech with angry divisive comments. That if left unchecked those gay teabaggers might engage in violence similar to Timothy McVeigh’s actions. NOT.

eaglewingz08 on April 20, 2010 at 7:52 AM

IlikedAUH2O on April 20, 2010 at 5:46 AM

After he’s done, I want his pilots and drivers to write a tell-all book.

ProudPalinFan on April 20, 2010 at 7:57 AM

Can’t wait for our Army, Navy and Marines of Interior Decorators.

It’s a global war on ugly dwellings. YES WE CAN.

stenwin77 on April 20, 2010 at 8:02 AM

Beautiful!

You can actually see his white half turning crimson with anger.

Thank you sir, more please.

tru2tx on April 20, 2010 at 7:07 AM

Heh I am into Twilight now, as old as I am. “It looked like his eyes were black from a burning blood thirst, his skin was paler than ever; it looked like he was going to jump off the stage and, as a ghost, attack the hecklers with a terrifying gnarl, and in position with a crouch attack”./sarc evoking Stephenie Meyer

ProudPalinFan on April 20, 2010 at 8:03 AM

Nothin says “liberty” like silk drapes !!

stenwin77 on April 20, 2010 at 8:03 AM

You know, I don’t like Obama. I really don’t. I think even conservatives give him too much credit when it comes to intelligence and eloquence. I think he’s average, at best. He strikes me as a C student who gets A’s because he’s got a nice smile and knows how to suck up. He’s completely overated as a speaker. He’s deadly without a teleprompter and boring with one.

But I so want to respect my President. No matter how much I dislike the president I want him to at least be presidential. Obama just doesn’t have it in him.

Jaynie59 on April 20, 2010 at 8:07 AM

Whiner-in-Chief

ladyingray on April 20, 2010 at 8:15 AM

Jaynie59 on April 20, 2010 at 8:07 AM

davidk on April 20, 2010 at 8:17 AM

ProudPalinFan on April 19, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Plan “B”? “B” for “Biden”?

davidk on April 20, 2010 at 8:27 AM

I fell for it. I actually watched this asshat for the first time in almost a year. Sadly he will never be gone from us.

UncleZeb on April 20, 2010 at 8:59 AM

Ma’am. Oh, OK.
Senator Ma’am. Better?

ExpressoBold on April 20, 2010 at 9:32 AM

And the thing that is stopping the president & “Barbara” from overturning don’t ask/don’t tell, since they support overturning it, is…….

rjwest21 on April 20, 2010 at 9:43 AM

Threadwinner.

Fishoutofwater on April 20, 2010 at 2:34 AM
2nd

cmsinaz on April 20, 2010 at 7:31 AM

3rd. Double stamp, no erasies!

rollthedice on April 20, 2010 at 9:54 AM

Spock was never naive. He would deal with evil … logically. And as ruthlessly as necessary.

Obama is no Spock.

LarryD on April 20, 2010 at 9:58 AM

I really don’t get Allah’s comment “… this is as irritable as we’re likely to see President Spock get.” Spock was even-keeled and logical, and nothing ever seemed to get to him. I’ve never seen a president who gets more irritable and who is as thin-skinned as Obama, nor have I ever seen a president who calls out those with dissenting views like this guy does. He throws a hissy fit if somebody so much as thinks about challenging him on something and – God forbid – throwing him “off-prompter”. Sorry, but Spock he ain’t.

Dopenstrange on April 20, 2010 at 10:10 AM

They only heckled him because he is black.

Sven on April 20, 2010 at 11:19 AM

As Forrest said, “Run Babs run” as far as you can from the unicorn.

inspectorudy on April 20, 2010 at 11:30 AM

Life is hard when your hired ass-kissers aren’t there to pump your ego up. Always the adolescent approach and/or response. Remember the meeting where he told John McCain the “campaign is over”? Typical. So in over his head.

LarryG on April 20, 2010 at 11:34 AM

Does anyone know what protesters were chanting? I could not make it out but I don’t have the best hearing. If anyone knows could you post what was said, thanks.

garydt on April 20, 2010 at 12:03 PM

Obama is campaigning for Babs “Don’t call me Ma’am” Boxer?

That’s the best news I heard all day!!!!

It worked so well for Coakley…

Please Barry, do a few campaign stops for Charlie Crist!

JohnBG on April 20, 2010 at 12:39 PM

I like how he tries to defend Boxer by telling the crowd that he asked her, and she never voted for Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell in the first place.

Of course, no Senator voted for Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell. It was implemented by executive authority by the then Commander-in-Briefs, Bill Clinton. It could be un-implemented by a stroke of the pen by the current Commander-in-Chief, Barack Obama…

So, the question is, does Senator Boxer think she actually voted against DA/DT, or is she just being cute?

Haiku Guy on April 20, 2010 at 3:29 PM

Was Don’t Ask/Don’t Tell
Voted on by the Senate?
As they say… Don’t ask…

Haiku Guy on April 20, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Khan and Obama both have a tremendous ego, but only Khan actually has the intellect and skill to back it up.

R. Waher on April 20, 2010 at 6:53 PM

I give you…

President Barack Hussein “Man-child” Soetero-Obama.

gryphon202 on April 20, 2010 at 8:39 PM

You know, when George Bush had someone heckle him and his supports would start to boo he’d usually tell them to quiet down and let the people speak because it was their right to be heard. Obama just tilts that head back and basks in the glow of his cult of Yes we can-ism zombies who chant and rave to drown out the oppositions voice. This president has no class.

Heftyjo on April 21, 2010 at 11:03 AM