Quotes of the day

posted at 10:53 pm on April 19, 2010 by Allahpundit

“Criticism is part of the lifeblood of democracy. No one is right all the time. But we should remember that there is a big difference between criticizing a policy or a politician and demonizing the government that guarantees our freedoms and the public servants who enforce our laws.

“We are again dealing with difficulties in a contentious, partisan time. We are more connected than ever before, more able to spread our ideas and beliefs, our anger and fears. As we exercise the right to advocate our views, and as we animate our supporters, we must all assume responsibility for our words and actions before they enter a vast echo chamber and reach those both serious and delirious, connected and unhinged.”

***
“In the world of the Southern Poverty Law Center, the threat is always growing. Ronald Reagan’s policies led to a growing threat. The first Gulf War led to a growing threat. The election of Bill Clinton led to a growing threat. The Internet led to a growing threat. Sept. 11 led to a growing threat. The war in Iraq led to a growing threat. Is it any wonder that Obama’s presidency has, in the SPLC’s estimation, led to a growing threat?

“Hate groups do exist across the political spectrum, and have for a long time. But they have nothing to do with the expressions of frustration over deficits, taxes and Obamacare that we have heard at so many Tea Party gatherings. That frustration, felt by Republicans, independents and even some Democrats, is an entirely mainstream reaction to the sharply activist course the president and congressional leadership have taken. While the level of frustration is indeed a threat, it is a political threat. Ask Democrats running in this November’s elections.”

***
Via Newsbusters.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 5

the sad thing is I think the Clintons and the Obamas are praying for a kook to blow something up.

deidre on April 19, 2010 at 11:00 PM

government that guarantees our freedoms

I don’t trust big government to guarantee my freedom, that’s the problem.

HellCat on April 19, 2010 at 11:01 PM

Glenn Beck may be maudlin, but he is correct.

Gob on April 19, 2010 at 11:01 PM

Glenn Beck laid it out Pretty Well:

“I love my country. I don’t hate the Government, I hate what we, all of us have allowed our Government to become.”

portlandon on April 19, 2010 at 11:02 PM

Masterful response, Mr. Beck.

MadisonConservative on April 19, 2010 at 11:02 PM

Who is this doofus? It can’t be Beck – he knows better.

We aren’t a democracy – we are a constitutional republic.

Oh, you mean it is Beck? And he doesn’t think communication is affected by misusing words?

It’s no wonder we’re nowhere. I’m sure glad he isn’t part of my tea party – I’d throw his sorry @ss out the door for talking like that.

And I generally like him. But he’s getting on my last nerve.

platypus on April 19, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Leftist are very casual about “cocktail napkin” accusations of sedition and treason because I don’t think they really think these things are that big a deal. They know other people think it’s a big deal, so they try to use the accusations as a weapon, but they really don’t understand.

forest on April 19, 2010 at 11:04 PM

Uh, hey Bill, the government does not guarantee us anything…our rights were endowed by our Creator, you putz.

It’s amazing. Liberals really do believe the s*!t they are shoveling.

ICBMMan on April 19, 2010 at 11:04 PM

The Left is desperate and foolish. They are stoking the flames HOPING something is going to explode.

Just exactly who is inciting rebellion?

Saltysam on April 19, 2010 at 11:06 PM

Beck gives a wonderful response. To Klein and Lefties–it’s a game. To us–our country is at stake.

conservative pilgrim on April 19, 2010 at 11:08 PM

“He betrayed this country…. He played on our fears!!!” – Al Gore

“I Am Sick And Tired” – Hillary Clinton

Yeah, that’s fairly seditious…

… “Fill the jails!”

Seven Percent Solution on April 19, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Glenn said the same thing as Rush did this morning. Liars that lie. If I were Rush I would demand FAIR AND EQUAL TIME to rebut their comments with exactly this information. Then if they don’t, go and accuse them that the very people that advocate the Fairness Doctrine don’t want it. Then everytime they bring up the Fairness Doctrine ram their lies down their faces. These people make me sick.

Sultry Beauty on April 19, 2010 at 11:09 PM

I simply think Beck is a goofball blabbermouth.

Sorry.

He talks in generalities, and he wouldn’t ever really gain me as a viewer.

But whatever.

He’s like Rush. Right “entertainment.” Say outrageous and see what sticks!

AnninCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:09 PM

deidre on April 19, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Of course they are. That’s how desperate they’ve become. It’s not sad. It’s sickening…reprehensible.

Saltysam on April 19, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Say outrageous and see what sticks!

AnninCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:09 PM

They’ve just been accused of sedition by a political machine, you dolt.

Saltysam on April 19, 2010 at 11:10 PM

I simply think Beck is a goofball blabbermouth.

Sorry.

He talks in generalities

But whatever.

AnninCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:09 PM

How ironic…

MeatHeadinCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:11 PM

Saltysam on April 19, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Oh please. That’s ridiculous.

I can’t think of a worse example of what they are talking about than the big “gun rally” today.

How sick was that? On the same day we’re mourning the deaths from McVeigh, they choose to go out with that kind of talk?

Whatever.

AnninCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:13 PM

I simply think Beck is a goofball blabbermouth.

AnninCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Pot … Kettle

Aviator on April 19, 2010 at 11:13 PM

Check this out if you want to see the real story on the new orleans that doofpundit and michelle malkin refuse to report on:

TTheoLogan on April 19, 2010 at 11:13 PM

deidre on April 19, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Saltysam on April 19, 2010 at 11:09 PM

I seem to remember something about Clinton supposedly expressing a wish that 9/11 had happened on his watch so he could be the great leader instead of Bush. I don’t know if it’s true or not but an awful lot of people think it is. Just shows you what people think of ol’ BJ.

platypus on April 19, 2010 at 11:13 PM

If the left blames someone on the right of something…they have either done it themselves are in the process of doing it as they speak.

d1carter on April 19, 2010 at 11:14 PM

Whatever.

AnninCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:13 PM

Yes, whatever, indeed. Unless you believe these pro-gun people are like McVeigh, then what’s your point? Oh… maybe you do think these gun people are like McVeigh… are you generalizing, Ann?

MeatHeadinCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:14 PM

conservative pilgrim on April 19, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Laura in Maryland on April 19, 2010 at 11:14 PM

TTheoLogan on April 19, 2010 at 11:13 PM

you’ve been missed!

Tears (GB) did a good job

blatantblue on April 19, 2010 at 11:14 PM

I hope that when you’re my age you’ll be able to say, as I have been able to say: we lived in freedom, we lived lives that were a statement, not an apology — Ronald Reagan

I have seen the rise and fall of Nazi tyranny, the subsequent cold war and the nuclear nightmare that for fifty years haunted the dreams of children everywhere. During that time my generation defeated totalitarianism. As a result, your world is poised for better tomorrows. What will you do on your journey? — Ronald Reagan

Putting people first has always been America’s secret weapon. It’s the way we’ve kept the spirit of our revolutions alive—a spirit that drives us to dream and dare, and take great risks for a greater good — Ronald Reagan

Speakup on April 19, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.

Thomas Paine

the dems want to only concentrate on the necessary part, some in the gop only the evil part. small limited government is the only way to go to ensure freedom and economic wealth

unseen on April 19, 2010 at 11:15 PM

AnninCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:13 PM

Now that you’ve got Obamacare, please don’t skip your meds.

Laura in Maryland on April 19, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Finally, the conservatives of America are standing up the the Marxists. This should have happened years ago, and we would not be in this mess today. But putting that aside, we are ready and willing to fight today, and the Marxists can’t take it for one minute. Get used to it, you radicals because we aren’t backing off.I simply think AnninC is a goofball blabbermouth.

mobydutch on April 19, 2010 at 11:15 PM

I simply think Beck is a goofball blabbermouth.

Sorry.

He talks in generalities, and he wouldn’t ever really gain me as a viewer.

But whatever.

He’s like Rush. Right “entertainment.” Say outrageous and see what sticks!

AnninCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Would you like to respond to any of the points he made in the video? Or are you just going to hijack the topic, talk about cooking, Bill Clinton sex dreams and your hatred of doctors?

O/T: Anyone in here a betting man? The O/U on Anninthecan posts is 15.

Good Solid B-Plus on April 19, 2010 at 11:16 PM

In a nutshell, this is about fear. Not fear of violence, they want and need that to happen. They’re fearful of the embarrassment coming their way this November, and their hail mary pass is trying whatever means to goad something into happening.

They’ve disregarded public sentiment since last summer. It’s coalesced against them in a big way and they marched forward. Their gamble is that they could have almost everything they want, then antagonize, poke, prod, instigate until there is a major event that fractures the opposition. I don’t think it is going to work. I pray to God it doesn’t. I’m convinced they’re all staring a 70+ seat loss in the house, if nobody takes the bait. As the moment of reckoning approaches in November the intensity of their provocations will intensify exponentially.

stldave on April 19, 2010 at 11:16 PM

AnninCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:09 PM

You got a very broad brush. How often do you listen to Rush? When was the last time you caught Rush being wrong? Or for that matter Beck. As if you can be more specific. Ask Obamao cronies.

You are usually better than this. Give us specifics.

antisocial on April 19, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Tears (GB) did a good job

blatantblue on April 19, 2010 at 11:14 PM

You have the audacity to call anyone “Tears”?

thomasaur on April 19, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Just when I thought I couldn’t love Beck anymore than I already do, I learn that he completely unhinges AnnintheCan!

Go Beck Go!

Laura in Maryland on April 19, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on April 19, 2010 at 11:16 PM

You like Beck? Fine.

I think he’s a joke.

AnninCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:17 PM

Oh please. That’s ridiculous.

Whatever.

AnninCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:13 PM

Get off the anti-depressants honey. Life ain’t a Disney flick.

You, obviously, are not paying attention to the events on planet earth.

Saltysam on April 19, 2010 at 11:18 PM

If anyone should understand sedition it would be the Left.

OldEnglish on April 19, 2010 at 11:18 PM

You have the audacity to call anyone “Tears”?

thomasaur on April 19, 2010 at 11:16 PM

We have perfectly fatted trolls to feed on, why should we cannibalize our own?

Laura in Maryland on April 19, 2010 at 11:18 PM

.I simply think AnninC is a goofball blabbermouth

mobydutch on April 19, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Joe Klein clarified his remarks by saying that he did not think Beck was being seditious because he criticizes Obama’s policies but rather his legitimacy: “Let me be clear: dissent isn’t sedition. Questioning an Administration’s policies isn’t sedition. But questioning an Administration’s legitimacy in a manner intended to undermine or overthrow it certainly is. It’s not illegal—unless actions are taken to overthrow the government in question—but it is disgraceful and the precise opposite of patriotism in a democracy.”

This on surface makes Klein sound a bit more rational. However where Klein fails is in the fact that he did not accuse any of the Liberals who questioned the Bush Administration’s legitimacy of being seditious. And post-Florida 2000, many Liberals did indeed consider Bush an illegitimate president. And I would not be surprised to find that Klein was one of them.

DarkKnight3565 on April 19, 2010 at 11:19 PM

I simply think Beck is a goofball blabbermouth.

Sorry.

He talks in generalities, and he wouldn’t ever really gain me as a viewer.

But whatever.

He’s like Rush. Right “entertainment.” Say outrageous and see what sticks!

AnninCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Translation: “F*** You, Glenn Beck”

portlandon on April 19, 2010 at 11:19 PM

I think he’s a joke.

AnninCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:17 PM

That’s not surprising. Most dope smokers find everything funny.

Laura in Maryland on April 19, 2010 at 11:19 PM

I think he’s a joke.

AnninCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:17 PM

You’re a cupid stunt, he’s informative and you’re annoying.

thomasaur on April 19, 2010 at 11:19 PM

He talks in generalities

Beck, if anything could be a tad more umm less specific, he’s so detailed he outlines his thought processes for anyone who cares to follow his tangents.

And yes his tangents do turn me off but that’s another topic… otherwise he has spoken truth to power and I give him props for it.

What you just said is pretty much gobbledygook, a cloud of words, not unlike most of what comes out of Obama’s mouth on or off ‘prompter.

Sharr on April 19, 2010 at 11:19 PM

.I simply think AnninC is a goofball blabbermouth

mobydutch on April 19, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Do you think or know?

MeatHeadinCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:19 PM

He talks in generalities, and he wouldn’t ever really gain me as a viewer.

But whatever.

You don’t watch, but he speaks in generalities….

Do you get internet waves through your anus to glean the content of Beck’s show or are you just slinging poo in random directions?

rickyricardo on April 19, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Do you think or know?

MeatHeadinCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:19 PM
You always want the truth. I know.

mobydutch on April 19, 2010 at 11:21 PM

You have the audacity to call anyone “Tears”?

thomasaur on April 19, 2010 at 11:16 PM

just A JOKE
calm the f*** down

blatantblue on April 19, 2010 at 11:21 PM

rickyricardo on April 19, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Ann is part of a group of commenters that don’t watch… just opine…

MeatHeadinCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Right “entertainment.” Say outrageous and see what sticks!

AnninCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Actually, they give conservative responses to outrageous things promulgated by the Left.

If you listened to them, you would know this.

John the Libertarian on April 19, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Unclassified
=================================

Rightwing Extremism FOUO, Department of Homeland Security Assessment

==========================
==========================

(U//FOUO)

RightWing Extremism
Current Economic and Political Fueling Resurgence
in Radicalization and Recruitment
————————————

canopfor on April 19, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Beck and Palin in one thread? Oh boy. This will be a long night.

NoLeftTurn on April 19, 2010 at 11:22 PM

just A JOKE
calm the f*** down

blatantblue on April 19, 2010 at 11:21 PM

The secret to good humor is timing.

thomasaur on April 19, 2010 at 11:22 PM

blatantblue on April 19, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Winning friends and influencing people again little one?

katy on April 19, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Beck and Palin in one thread? Oh boy. This will be a long night.

NoLeftTurn on April 19, 2010 at 11:22 PM

I agree, but she bought this one fair and square.

AnninCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:24 PM

The secret to good humor is timing.

thomasaur on April 19, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Thanks, Dad.

blatantblue on April 19, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Beck and Palin in one thread? Oh boy. This will be a long night.

NoLeftTurn on April 19, 2010 at 11:22 PM

If AnninCa sticks around, it will be even longer.

conservative pilgrim on April 19, 2010 at 11:24 PM

He talks in generalities, and he wouldn’t ever really gain me as a viewer.
AnninCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Generalities? Bill Clinton, a two term U.S. president, generalizes his view of conservative talk radio by stating a phrase specifically designed to communicate a generality, “creating a climate”. He said that talk radio and blogs “create a climate…”. When he did that, he purposely lifted the discussion out of the concrete and placed it into the ether of imagination where the worst ghouls of domestic terrorism can be loosely connected to your political enemies for the sole purpose of stopping criticism against you our your ideas. And you stomach aches at Beck’s generalities. Pfff.

Weight of Glory on April 19, 2010 at 11:24 PM

You like Beck? Fine.

I think he’s a joke.

AnninCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:17 PM

Why not substantively respond to any of his points?

One of you has multiple best-selling books, a Top 3 radio program and a TV show watched by millions daily. One of you complains all day on a conservative talk forum and talks about cooking and her love of BJ Clinton.

Which one of you is “a joke,” again?

Good Solid B-Plus on April 19, 2010 at 11:24 PM

I think he’s a joke.
AnninCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:17 PM

That is far better then dumb.

antisocial on April 19, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Which one of you is “a joke,” again?

Good Solid B-Plus on April 19, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Trick question of the night!

blatantblue on April 19, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Love me some Beck!

katy on April 19, 2010 at 11:25 PM

“He betrayed this country…. He played on our fears!!!” – Al Gore

Al Gore has to explain to me and my family why in the world in one day I got rain, snow and HAIL this weekend. Right when I was pulling out of the bins my summer dresses. Putz, poseur.

ProudPalinFan on April 19, 2010 at 11:26 PM

Whatever.

AnninCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:13 PM

And those soulless farmers talking about fertilizers on a day like today? How sick and twisted are they?!

John the Libertarian on April 19, 2010 at 11:26 PM

Always be on alert when you see the word but, especially when coming from a Clinton.

It’s the politicians from the government, whom you support, who are trying to demonize and dehumanize American citizens, just for speaking out, you fracken worthless old transparent fascist putz!

Desperately hoping for and trying to lay the ground work for an Obama Reich Kristallnacht, aren’t you Herr Bubba Goebbels.

MB4 on April 19, 2010 at 11:26 PM

Yeah, that’s fairly seditious…

… “Fill the jails!”

Seven Percent Solution on April 19, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Seven Percent Solution: Nicely played!!!!:)

canopfor on April 19, 2010 at 11:26 PM

Sorry, not a “Beckhead” here.

I think he’s ridiculous. I have yet to see a single show where he did much but take some conservative talking point to the extreme.

He’s a wanna be Rush L., in my opinion.

Rush does the same, but he gets by with it better.

He still trumps Beck by miles in terms of conservative extrapolation to the max.

At least he is amusing.

AnninCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:27 PM

If AnninCa sticks around, it will be even longer.

conservative pilgrim on April 19, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Yet shorter to read.

OldEnglish on April 19, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Winning friends and influencing people again little one?

katy on April 19, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Whatever you want, Katy.

blatantblue on April 19, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Weight of Glory on April 19, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Well, that’s because Bill Clinton has been reduced to nothing more than a propaganda machine… a pretty propaganda machine

terrible lie…

MeatHeadinCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:27 PM

a cloud of words

Sharr on April 19, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Brevity. Accuracy.

Saltysam on April 19, 2010 at 11:27 PM

(U//FOUO)

canopfor on April 19, 2010 at 11:21 PM

At first, all saw was “UFO” and I thought you had found Ann a ride home.

Honestly!

Laura in Maryland on April 19, 2010 at 11:28 PM

Southern Poverty Law Center

Communist, race baiting, trash.
Nuff said.

katy on April 19, 2010 at 11:28 PM

Glenn Beck laid it out Pretty Well:

portlandon on April 19, 2010 at 11:02 PM

Exactly. Our complacency and sometimes apathy lead us to believe “we’re America…we’ll never be undone.” That is exactly what’s happened to America. It’s not those who elected Obama that are to blame – it’s other Americans who had previously checked out of the political participation process.

We must now take a stand, as if our very lives depend on it. And from what I see, it DOES depend on it.

MsUnderestimated on April 19, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Tears For Fears – Shout
————————-

canopfor on April 19, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Southern Poverty Law Center

Communist, race baiting, trash.
Nuff said.

katy on April 19, 2010 at 11:28 PM

Geraldo’s favorite source…

MeatHeadinCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Thanks, Dad.

blatantblue on April 19, 2010 at 11:24 PM

We’ll work on your parental issues during the next session.

thomasaur on April 19, 2010 at 11:29 PM

blatantblue on April 19, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Day late, dollar short kid.

katy on April 19, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Typical–Klein is walking back his sedition comments (via Newsbusters):

“On the Chris Mathews Show Sunday, I said that some of the right-wing infotainment gasbags–people like Glenn Beck etc.–were nudging up close to the edge of sedition,” Klein wrote in an April 19 post on Time.com’s Swampland blog. “This has caused a bit of a self-righteous ruckus on the right. Let me be clear: dissent isn’t sedition. Questioning an Administration’s policies isn’t sedition. But questioning an Administration’s legitimacy in a manner intended to undermine or overthrow it certainly is.

conservative pilgrim on April 19, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Sorry, not a “Beckhead” here.
AnninCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Yeah, we know. You’re constantly reminding us. You may actually be worse than terryann when it comes to this, and that says a lot.

Emily M. on April 19, 2010 at 11:30 PM

MeatHeadinCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Now there’s a shocker!

katy on April 19, 2010 at 11:30 PM

just A JOKE
calm the f*** down

blatantblue on April 19, 2010 at 11:21 PM

I, a Glenn fan, thought it was funny. I’m guessing Glenn would too, and am positive Stu and Pat would run it into the ground. :D

bikermailman on April 19, 2010 at 11:31 PM

ProudPalinFan on April 19, 2010 at 11:26 PM

He can’t hear you over the roar of the highly carbon-emitting jet engines on his private plane.

Good Solid B-Plus on April 19, 2010 at 11:31 PM

Emily M. on April 19, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Worse… the same… slightly better … does it matter once you reach that part of the Commenter’s World?

MeatHeadinCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:31 PM

thomasaur on April 19, 2010 at 11:29 PM

katy on April 19, 2010 at 11:30 PM

I don’t get it and it doesn’t seem funny.

Laura in Maryland on April 19, 2010 at 11:32 PM

Now there’s a shocker!

katy on April 19, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Oh, Geraldo has a lot of “surprises” for us… just, please tune in!

MeatHeadinCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:32 PM

conservative pilgrim on April 19, 2010 at 11:30 PM

So by slipping the word “overthrow” which no one even intimated… he’s cleared of all stupidity…

katy on April 19, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Day late, dollar short kid.

katy on April 19, 2010 at 11:30 PM

I’m really not interested in your pathetic attempts to be a provocateur. You’re a sad person and I have no desire to dignify your drivel. Stop bothering with it.

blatantblue on April 19, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Which one of you is “a joke,” again?

Good Solid B-Plus on April 19, 2010 at 11:24 PM

He’s obviously popular with many people.

I guess they like his antics.

I honestly don’t agree with Bill C. that these conservative voices are all that provocative. People who follow do so for their own reasons, and they’d follow their local minister if that’s all who was talking. They are just into that kind of stuff.

So I didn’t agree with Bill on his “take,” and I don’t think the teaparties have a darn thing to do with the “anger” everyone loves to discuss.

I did find that gun rally to be in extremely poor taste, given the date.

But then, I don’t gee-haw with that segment of society anyway.

AnninCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:33 PM

deidre on April 19, 2010 at 11:00 PM

I fear you’re right. And I don’t say that easily or flippantly. I really enjoy Beck; I find him to be a great entertainer, almost always funny. But I also think he has a tendency to become overly dramatic at times. Last summer when he first started to suggest that the other side wanted us to get violent b/c it served their purpose, I had a difficult time wrapping my brain around it. But the more they persist in peddling this narrative about stupid racist teabaggers, the more they stand up and point and laugh at us, and march past us on their way to rob us of our liberty with a f***ing life-sized gavel in their hands . . . I don’t know. I think Beck is right. I think they want us to get violent because if they do, they will get the upper hand. Either they will use it as evidence that they were right all along about us, to discredit us and erode some of the momentum we have going into the elections, OR — and this is more sinister but it’s what Beck suggests — it will be used as justification to clamp down and declare martial law or something.

Given the parallels Beck has drawn between Obama and Wilson and the fact that we are now literally using the word “sedition” to describe people who dare to dissent, well it’s not so hard to believe anymore. I don’t want to believe it. It gives me no pleasure to suspect my leaders of wanting to incite violence. But the way they continually keep stirring the pot instead of acting like leaders and trying to diffuse an overheated situation is at least enough to give a person pause.

NoLeftTurn on April 19, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Tears For Fears – Shout
————————-

canopfor on April 19, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Disturbed – Shout 2000

bikermailman on April 19, 2010 at 11:33 PM

But then, I don’t gee-haw with that segment of society anyway.

AnninCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Oh, come now… what’s wrong with “those people”?

I guess you’re back to generalities…

MeatHeadinCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:34 PM

Laura in Maryland on April 19, 2010 at 11:32 PM

Then.. by not pondering or laughing…you should be OK.

katy on April 19, 2010 at 11:34 PM

Emily M. on April 19, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Sorry, I don’t even recognize your handle. I must stick out to you. I tend to approach each thread anew.

AnninCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:35 PM

Someone should put Hillary’s “sick and tired” quote on a sign for a tea party. Spread the quote around and make sure everyone knows who originally said it.

Rose on April 19, 2010 at 11:35 PM

I don’t get it and it doesn’t seem funny.

Laura in Maryland on April 19, 2010 at 11:32 PM

It’s like a Jimmy Buffet concert, you had to be there.

thomasaur on April 19, 2010 at 11:35 PM

You like Beck? Fine.

I think he’s a joke.

AnninCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:17 PM

You could always try answering the question instead of being a bitter old hag with nothing substantial to say.

You might have to have your SS card revoked again.

uknowmorethanme on April 19, 2010 at 11:35 PM

MeatHeadinCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:31 PM

Every time she comes on a thread I’m tempted to post the same thing over and over: “I’m not a fan of you, Ann. I think you’re f*cking ridiculous and I hate your f*cking guts.” (If not for the stars, I’d probably get banned..unlike some people). Then maybe she’ll get a clue how annoying all her posts are.

Emily M. on April 19, 2010 at 11:35 PM

AnninCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:13 PM

So you’re admitting that you see no difference than people practicing their second amendment rights, and a nutjob who blew up a building to kill hundreds of people?

The only sick thing here is your incredibly closed and bigoted mind, my dear. Sometimes I cringe at all the crap people on this site give you, but boy, you really to try to earn it. How dare you?

MadisonConservative on April 19, 2010 at 11:35 PM

How ironic…

MeatHeadinCA on April 19, 2010 at 11:11 PM

LOL — no kidding. Takes one to know one I guess.

NoLeftTurn on April 19, 2010 at 11:36 PM