Quotes of the day

posted at 10:53 pm on April 19, 2010 by Allahpundit

“Criticism is part of the lifeblood of democracy. No one is right all the time. But we should remember that there is a big difference between criticizing a policy or a politician and demonizing the government that guarantees our freedoms and the public servants who enforce our laws.

“We are again dealing with difficulties in a contentious, partisan time. We are more connected than ever before, more able to spread our ideas and beliefs, our anger and fears. As we exercise the right to advocate our views, and as we animate our supporters, we must all assume responsibility for our words and actions before they enter a vast echo chamber and reach those both serious and delirious, connected and unhinged.”

***
“In the world of the Southern Poverty Law Center, the threat is always growing. Ronald Reagan’s policies led to a growing threat. The first Gulf War led to a growing threat. The election of Bill Clinton led to a growing threat. The Internet led to a growing threat. Sept. 11 led to a growing threat. The war in Iraq led to a growing threat. Is it any wonder that Obama’s presidency has, in the SPLC’s estimation, led to a growing threat?

“Hate groups do exist across the political spectrum, and have for a long time. But they have nothing to do with the expressions of frustration over deficits, taxes and Obamacare that we have heard at so many Tea Party gatherings. That frustration, felt by Republicans, independents and even some Democrats, is an entirely mainstream reaction to the sharply activist course the president and congressional leadership have taken. While the level of frustration is indeed a threat, it is a political threat. Ask Democrats running in this November’s elections.”

***
Via Newsbusters.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

I am not crazy!!

TXMomof3 on April 20, 2010 at 12:46 AM

You’re mad. I’m mad. We are all mad. Otherwise we wouldn’t be here.

Cheshire Cat on April 20, 2010 at 12:49 AM

Aha! Am I sensing… endorsement? Yet another place to put on my bucket list?

John the Libertarian on April 20, 2010 at 12:47 AM

So great that we are going back in August and taking my folks. A must for anyone’s bucket list.

TXMomof3 on April 20, 2010 at 12:50 AM

Thirty five years on 4/19/2010.

Cindy Munford on April 20, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Happy Anniversary to the Munford’s.

& here’s to Many,many more.

portlandon on April 20, 2010 at 12:50 AM

justltl: No sh*t,enquiring minds needs to know!!:)

canopfor on April 20, 2010 at 12:46 AM
—————-
Man… the rat’s not real… It’s just a symbol for Ann’s precious. ;-)

MeatHeadinCA on April 20, 2010 at 12:48 AM

MeatHeadinCA: ITS RATTY!!!!!:)

Oh,like as in a Canadian Beaver,thats not in
its natural habitat,got cha!!:)

canopfor on April 20, 2010 at 12:50 AM

So by slipping the word “overthrow” which no one even intimated… he’s cleared of all stupidity…

katy on April 19, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Yeah, he’s entering Bill Clinton’s world of parsing words.
We can call Klein’s style of reporting “napkin journalism.”

Tag lines anyone?

conservative pilgrim on April 19, 2010 at 11:40 PM

I would call Klein’s style of reporting “feminine napkin journalism” if it weren’t an insult to feminine napkins everywhere.

tigerlily on April 20, 2010 at 12:51 AM

What do you mean?

AnninCA on April 20, 2010 at 12:31 AM

It means you are clueless in Texas…jeez. And you manage to get fron one side of the street to the other with that mind????

lovingmyUSA on April 20, 2010 at 12:51 AM

a capella on April 20, 2010 at 12:46 AM

You are correct sir.

thomasaur on April 20, 2010 at 12:51 AM

I have some beautiful pictures. Some really nice ones of my kids looking like they are going to die of boredom. Are we there yet? Can we leave now?

TXMomof3 on April 20, 2010 at 12:48 AM

They’ll appreciate it later. I’m certainly glad my folks took me to see such things as a kid. My dad and I do road trips every year now, that Rushmore trip was the most recent. We hit Monument Valley in the Four Corners region on the way home that trip. Love the desert Southwest!

bikermailman on April 20, 2010 at 12:51 AM

Oh,like as in a Canadian Beaver,thats not in
its natural habitat,got cha!!:)

canopfor on April 20, 2010 at 12:50 AM

Ouais ;-)

MeatHeadinCA on April 20, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Gawd,I don`t smoke,but following this thread,

OH GAWD I need a ciggerette,haha!!!

canopfor on April 20, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Gawd,I don`t smoke,but following this thread,

OH GAWD I need a ciggerette,haha!!!

canopfor on April 20, 2010 at 12:52 AM

That’s what Ann said after she tried to smash Ratty…

MeatHeadinCA on April 20, 2010 at 12:52 AM

It’s not a mystery why this story isn’t being covered here.

AnninCA on April 20, 2010 at 12:38 AM

For the same reason my trip to the grocery store wasn’t covered…it happens all the time without incident. Millions of peace-loving, law abiding citizens own and carry guns LEAGALLY.

Laura in Maryland on April 20, 2010 at 12:52 AM

we are going back in August

TXMomof3 on April 20, 2010 at 12:50 AM

say no more, say no more… endorsements don’t get better than that.

John the Libertarian on April 20, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Txmom, did you drive in from the south, so you saw Rushmore framed by the tunnels?

bikermailman on April 20, 2010 at 12:53 AM

What was stupidity on McVeigh part and or any assassin is their original grievance is nullified by their actions. The reason they did what they did is lost in the horrific actions they imparted on innocent and non-innocent.
The Governments actions at Waco Texas and to Randy Weaver are lost and insignificant to McVeighs actions. Waco David Koresh’s cult was mishandled from the start, ATF agents storming the compound by force was very stupid. Again the Government set up Randy Weaver by having him modify a shot gun by having him cut it a little too short, then storming his land shooting Mrs weaver in head while she was holding her baby. The Government provoked both incidences and should have known better. It appeared to McVeigh and many more, right fully so, that the government was out of control stepping on peoples rights of religion and rights to bear arms. McVeigh was more evil because those he attacked were innocent of any of the grievances he had.

Ed Laskie on April 20, 2010 at 12:53 AM

MeatHeadinCA: ITS RATTY!!!!!:)

So much for watching The Princess Bride. I’ll never be able to face the ROUS’s again.

Or is that what Liam said?

Laura in Maryland on April 20, 2010 at 12:54 AM

Okay, what’s the movie where Samuel L. Jackson gets in trouble for opening fire at the embassy?

TXMomof3 on April 20, 2010 at 12:39 AM

“Rules of Engagement”.

Johan Klaus on April 20, 2010 at 12:55 AM

MeatHeadinCA: ITS RATTY!!!!!:)

Or is that what Liam said?

Laura in Maryland on April 20, 2010 at 12:54 AM

I’m not going there… last time I heard, Ann was unhappy that Liam treated her like a cat… No joke… she wrote that somewhere… Freudian slip?

MeatHeadinCA on April 20, 2010 at 12:56 AM

Ed Laskie on April 20, 2010 at 12:53 AM

Agreed. Ruby Ridge and Waco were appalling.

So was McVeigh.

John the Libertarian on April 20, 2010 at 12:56 AM

“Rules of Engagement”.

Johan Klaus on April 20, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Now I know why I didn’t see it. The title makes it sound like a chick flick.

Laura in Maryland on April 20, 2010 at 12:56 AM

“I hate what we, all of us, have allowed our government to become”.

Statement of this century!

Oh, America! The moochers and their masters are destroying you, and, thus, the free world.

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2010 at 12:57 AM

“Rules of Engagement”.

Johan Klaus on April 20, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Wow. Nice pull. Tommy Lee Jones.

John the Libertarian on April 20, 2010 at 12:57 AM

MeatHeadinCA on April 20, 2010 at 12:56 AM

My apologies. Something about Ann’s Ratty and the word princess that prompted that last bit to slip off my keyboard.

Laura in Maryland on April 20, 2010 at 12:58 AM

What are you claiming that wasn’t reported? Allah said exactly that.

MadisonConservative on April 20, 2010 at 12:16 AM

No, he didn’t. He said more than that.

Nasty shouting? Check. Vicious assault resulting in gruesome injuries? Check. Political angle? Hmmm…

Hmmm indeed. Reminder: the title of the post was, “Police report: No evidence of political motive in beating of Jindal staffer” with the punch line: “Fact check.”

Denotative content: Police say there was no evidence of a political motive.

Connotative content: Chill out people, the attackers were just angry hippies. Maybe. Here’s some actual facts so you folks will calm down so I can go on chattering about iPads and kittehs. After all,

My sense is that reader interest in this story expired a few days ago

Gauging from your rather excited responses to this TTheoLogan guy, I’d say AP was wrong.

spmat on April 20, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Laura in Maryland on April 20, 2010 at 12:58 AM

I think “ratty” is code for feline or something.

MeatHeadinCA on April 20, 2010 at 12:59 AM

I say, and will continue to say….this was the end of the teaparties in popular opinion.

They will be connected with this rally from henceforth.

Too bad, but it IS what everyone warned about.

Populism has consequences.

You just hit the wall.

AnninCA on April 20, 2010 at 12:38 AM

I disagree, but even so I’m not even sure it is that relevant. Contrary to the groupthink floated about, tea parties are more symptom of general sentiment rather than a driving force. I don’t really think the independents have drifted rightward because of tea party activity, but more because the whole theme of a fiscally conservative democrat has been exposed as a fraud. These weren’t all Republicans raising heck at the townhalls last summer, to name one example.

Many of the talking heads and spin doctors are struggling desperately to find the most extreme element within any tea party movement. Then they immediately want to consolidate the 60 or so percent of Republicans and Independents that are in opposition with this element. It’s simplistic, and transparently cynical. I don’t pretend to be in sync with everyone that votes the way I do, but since when is that the question? The question is, and should always be, which party/politician more closely represents the values I want our government to hold? They should be defined by their own stances, and their own votes.

stldave on April 20, 2010 at 12:59 AM

If my facts are accurate!!

canopfor on April 20, 2010 at 12:31 AM
——————————
But if it had been one of the many gang-bangers who refuse to put their hands in the air and reached in their jeans during arrest, cops would be prosecuted, communities looted and burned, and the media would shed tears while they covered it.

Laura in Maryland on April 20, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Laura in Maryland: Over the years,I`ve seen a lot of what
you mean,the Rodney King fallout comes
to mind,when that truck driver was sav
aged as if it was a street in Somalia!:)

canopfor on April 20, 2010 at 12:59 AM

bikermailman on April 20, 2010 at 12:53 AM

Okay, I am severely directionally challenged. We stayed in Deadwood and came through Keystone on the way in. We left from there and went to Crazy Horse. It was snowing so hard that we just visited the museum. We went back through Rapid City and hit Sturgis. The whole area is so beautiful.

TXMomof3 on April 20, 2010 at 12:59 AM

I’m going with it gnawing it’s way out of Ann’s purse…

MeatHeadinCA on April 20, 2010 at 12:35 AM

OK, that makes me feel better.

justltl: No sh*t,enquiring minds needs to know!!:)

canopfor on April 20, 2010 at 12:46 AM

Yes, I won’t be able to sleep without some closure. I’ll have to do it myself.

The rat fell to the ground, confused and frightened, having narrowly escaped being stoned to death.
After days wandering in the wilderness, alone, cold and hungry, it had nearly despaired when it came upon a large beautiful house in Santa Monica.
Still having the will, but not having the strength, the poor creature lost consciousness, its last thoughts being of lying in its litter beside its mother and little sibling rats.
“Is this heaven?” thought the little rat as it stole off into unconsciousness.

Now the beautiful house just happened to belong to a prominent orthodontist. Who else, afterall, can afford to live in Santa Monica these days?
The orthodontist happened upon the little fella as she was preparing to go to work. She picked up the rat and gently cradled him in her hands. Putting the little rat in her pocket she took her to the office, and between patients did some beautiful work on the rat’s teeth. She kept the rat in a comfortable wooden box in her office where she nurtured it back to health.

Eventually one of her clients, a famous movie moghul, saw the rat and recognized its potential, what with its beautiful teeth and everything. The rat went on to star in several Disney Pixar films and lived happily ever after. Or at least as happy as one can live in the movie industry in LA.

The end.

Sorry for this, but now I can sleep.
Carry on.

justltl on April 20, 2010 at 1:00 AM

Johan Klaus on April 20, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Hey, there!

TXMomof3 on April 20, 2010 at 1:01 AM

All flimsy are their verbal hidingholes
And their gimmi raths are outtograb.

Cheshire Cat on April 20, 2010 at 12:04 AM

Beware, my son, of the JabberBarack
The prompter that flickers, the chin so high
Beware the GibbsGibbs bird, my son, and shun
The furious Rhambosnatch

Good Solid B-Plus on April 20, 2010 at 12:08 AM

He took his usuper’s sword in hand,
long time the Treasury’s Total he sought,
So crested he, by the Soros tree,
and made sure that America was bought.

tigerlily on April 20, 2010 at 1:01 AM

Sorry for this, but now I can sleep.
Carry on.

justltl on April 20, 2010 at 1:00 AM

Me too :)

OK, goodnight ;-)

MeatHeadinCA on April 20, 2010 at 1:02 AM

my wedding anniversary, Thirty five years on 4/19/2010.

Cindy Munford on April 20, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Awesome. Happy Anniversary to the Munfords!!!

conservative pilgrim on April 20, 2010 at 1:02 AM

I don’t think I am having selective memory but other then hoping the no one got hurt, I don’t believe I thought protesters during Republican administrations should be shut down. What is “liberal” or “progressive” about trying to intimidate people into silence? No matter how hard you try, you can’t make folks at tea parties scary.

Cindy Munford on April 20, 2010 at 1:02 AM

spmat on April 20, 2010 at 12:58 AM

My perturbed response was due to that douchebag being a mincing little troll on this website.

The police report did conclude there was no political motive. Are you claiming Allah lied about the police report? Then what are you and that other dickhead whining about?

MadisonConservative on April 20, 2010 at 1:03 AM

canopfor on April 20, 2010 at 12:52 AM
——————
That’s what Ann said after she tried to smash Ratty…

MeatHeadinCA on April 20, 2010 at 12:52 AM

MeatHeadinCA: I smell cigar smoke somewhere!!hehe:)

Get her address,I`ll call PETA!!!!:)

canopfor on April 20, 2010 at 1:04 AM

portlandon on April 20, 2010 at 12:50 AM**conservative pilgrim on April 20, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Thank you!!!

Cindy Munford on April 20, 2010 at 1:04 AM

TXMomof3 on April 20, 2010 at 12:59 AM

Custer State Park is to the South. If you come up from there, there’s a fantastic loop for a day trip. There’s a twisty road where there are two tunnels, and Rushmore is framed perfectly on the other side of them, looking North. On the other part of that loop is the Needles, incredible rock formations you drive through. In addition, buffalo all through the park. At twilight, one went about 50′ from our campsite, the dogs had no idea what to do.

bikermailman on April 20, 2010 at 1:05 AM

lovingmyUSA on April 20, 2010 at 12:35 AM
Forgot to add this guy to the list of water carriers. Carry on!

TTheoLogan on April 20, 2010 at 12:36 AM

This gal doesn’t carry water for anyone, but isn’t that bucket of sh*t you’re carrying getting heavy?

How’s that new chicken I got for ya working out–go a little easier on this one…think she was an old hen…everytime you say “water carrier” she seems to–you know–”move” with that word

lovingmyUSA on April 20, 2010 at 1:05 AM

Hey, there!

TXMomof3 on April 20, 2010 at 1:01 AM

And a hello to you from south Texas.

Johan Klaus on April 20, 2010 at 1:05 AM

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2010 at 12:57 AM

In what sure seems like four score and seven years ago, American voters, in a fit of felonious insanity, brought forth, upon this Nation, a warped man, conceived who knows where for certain, who is dedicated to the proposition that all men are created weak and subservient to his will and whim.

Now we are engaged in a great battle, testing whether this nation, or any nation so burdened, and so assaulted, can long endure. We are met here on a great internet battlefield, with compatriots at Tea Party Freedom Movement rallies, of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of our lives in honor of our forefathers who dedicated their lives that this nation might live vigorous and free. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

It is for us, the living, to be dedicated to the restoration of freedom, liberty, progress and sanity which our Founders so nobly brought about. It is for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us – that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they so long ago gave the full measure of devotion – that we here highly resolve that our Founding Fathers shall not have labored in vain; that this nation shall have a rebirth of freedom and responsibility; and that this government will once again be of the people, by the people, for the people, and that we will not allow Barack Hussein Obama, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid to cause it, and it’s light, to be perish from the Earth.

MB4 on April 20, 2010 at 1:06 AM

Good lord,I`m always a page behind!

my wedding anniversary, Thirty five years on 4/19/2010.

Cindy Munford on April 20, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Cindy Munford: Happy Anniversary Cindy,Congrats:)

canopfor on April 20, 2010 at 1:06 AM

Thank you!!!

Cindy Munford on April 20, 2010 at 1:04 AM

Congratulations Cindy and Mr. Munford. To work as hard as 35 marriage takes you are an inspiration.

thomasaur on April 20, 2010 at 1:07 AM

I just want to take the opportunity to thank Ms. Reno and Mr. McVeigh for making some really awful memories on my wedding anniversary, Thirty five years on 4/19/2010.

Cindy Munford on April 20, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Oh my gosh it’s my sister’s birthday! Thanks for reminding me Cindy!

petunia on April 20, 2010 at 1:07 AM

Cindy Munford on April 20, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Thirty-five years??? Good job! Congrats on the anniversary!

lovingmyUSA on April 20, 2010 at 1:07 AM

Oh, and Devil’s Tower is a must too.

bikermailman on April 20, 2010 at 1:07 AM

Cindy Munford on April 20, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Laura in Maryland on April 20, 2010 at 1:08 AM

Congratulations, Cindy, and to the Mr as well!

bikermailman on April 20, 2010 at 1:08 AM

justltl on April 20, 2010 at 1:00 AM

That was funny! How about adding a conflict scene where AnninCa comes into the orthodontist’s office and Ratty sees her. Dun dun dun. Ann could be the antagonist also, which would make a fun story even more fun. lol*

conservative pilgrim on April 20, 2010 at 1:08 AM

Gute Nacht für jedermann!

Johan Klaus on April 20, 2010 at 1:09 AM

lovingmyUSA on April 20, 2010 at 1:05 AM

Laura in Maryland on April 20, 2010 at 1:09 AM

canopfor on April 20, 2010 at 12:31 AM
————-
Baby lived but Mom,son and family friend died as well as FBI agent. It was Clinton’s DOJ trying to inflame things so he could “seize the crisis”.

thomasaur on April 20, 2010 at 12:39 AM

thomasaur:Thanks for the clarification,Ruby Ridge!!:)

canopfor on April 20, 2010 at 1:11 AM

Laura in Maryland on April 20, 2010 at 12:58 AM

I think “ratty” is code for feline or something.

MeatHeadinCA on April 20, 2010 at 12:59 AM

As long as it doesn’t have anything to do with the word “carpet”…just saying…

lovingmyUSA on April 20, 2010 at 1:12 AM

canopfor on April 20, 2010 at 1:11 AM

It was brought to my attention that it was GWHB’s DOJ that was in charge Aug.1992. Once again Beck is proven right: both side are the same.

thomasaur on April 20, 2010 at 1:13 AM

As long as it doesn’t have anything to do with the word “carpet”…just saying…

lovingmyUSA on April 20, 2010 at 1:12 AM

Can “carpets” get rabies?

Laura in Maryland on April 20, 2010 at 1:14 AM

Every time I read an AnninCa comment, I will always think of the story of her Ratty. (see page 3 at 12:22 of this thread) Life will never be the same. haha

Good night everyone!

conservative pilgrim on April 20, 2010 at 1:15 AM

The end.

Sorry for this, but now I can sleep.
Carry on.

justltl on April 20, 2010 at 1:00 AM

Well that’s a relief. Now I don’t have to ask why Ann is smashing rats with rocks… back several pages I’m sure there is a semi-logical reason for such behavior… at least I know the Rat has good teeth. Which is quite important to a rat.

petunia on April 20, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Okay, I need to go to bed, but the thought of that um…carpet-rat with sharp teeth and rabies…good grief I’m gonna have nightmares.

Night everybody.

Laura in Maryland on April 20, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Heard on Coast toCoast,minutes ago,you guys/gals are gonna love this!!!!
====================================

Volcano worse than 9/11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick google searcharoo!!
————————-
I heard it was a British official

Okay,I jumped to conclusions,its the airspace!!
============================
Volcanic ash cloud crisis worse than 9/11 airspace shutdown

canopfor on April 20, 2010 at 1:17 AM

Bill Clinton is a very uffish man. His voice is gruffish, his manner is rouffish and his temper is huffish.

Cheshire Cat on April 20, 2010 at 1:20 AM

Michelle Obama’s arse is called a wabe because it goes a long way behind her, and a long way beyond her on each side.

Cheshire Cat on April 20, 2010 at 1:24 AM

canopfor on April 20, 2010 at 1:11 AM
——————–

thomasaur on April 20, 2010 at 1:13 AM

thomasaur: Am I losing my mind,that was under Clinton`s and Reno`s watch,I might be missing your sarc!!:)

canopfor on April 20, 2010 at 1:26 AM

“On the Chris Mathews Show Sunday, I said that some of the right-wing infotainment gasbags–people like Glenn Beck etc.–were nudging up close to the edge of sedition,” Klein wrote in an April 19 post on Time.com’s Swampland blog. “This has caused a bit of a self-righteous ruckus on the right. Let me be clear: dissent isn’t sedition. Questioning an Administration’s policies isn’t sedition. But questioning an Administration’s legitimacy in a manner intended to undermine or overthrow it certainly is.“conservative pilgrim on April 20, 2010 at 12:35 AM

What in the world is that man smoking!

Oh I see it was a flash back to the constant drum beat of Bush v. Gore on the left for eight… eight long years.

Attempts to silence Beck, Palin and Limbaugh are so stupid no one in their right mind would think those three could be intimidated into silence.

It is probably a diversion to try to get public attention off the Financial Bill or Cap and Trade or Obama’s disastrous foreign policy or some other stupid thing we haven’t even heard about yet.

Remember: Dissent isn’t Sedition… unless you oppose Obama and then it is.

petunia on April 20, 2010 at 1:26 AM

Thirty five years on 4/19/2010.

Cindy Munford on April 20, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Happy Anniversary to both of you
WOW ..35 yrs..

Drink to those who wish you well
and all the rest can go to hell !!

macncheez on April 20, 2010 at 1:28 AM

Can “carpets” get rabies?

Laura in Maryland on April 20, 2010 at 1:14 AM

Laura in Maryland: Only if its a ahem,Shag carpet!!

canopfor on April 20, 2010 at 1:28 AM

Ya,its gettin late,I`m packing it in too,nitey nite
everyone:)

canopfor on April 20, 2010 at 1:30 AM

Remember: Dissent isn’t Sedition… unless you oppose Obama and then it is.

petunia on April 20, 2010 at 1:26 AM

It is called the divine right of kings … or the kinky or the hinky or the dinky or something like that. I don’t remember exactly anymore.

Cheshire Cat on April 20, 2010 at 1:31 AM

Ya,its gettin late,I`m packing it in too,nitey nite
everyone:)

canopfor on April 20, 2010 at 1:30 AM

Sleep all mimsy and don’t let the Barackwock bite.

Cheshire Cat on April 20, 2010 at 1:33 AM

I am sorry. I may have meant to say – sleep with Mimsy – I’m not sure.

Cheshire Cat on April 20, 2010 at 1:35 AM

Can “carpets” get rabies?

Laura in Maryland on April 20, 2010 at 1:14 AM

Laura in Maryland: Only if its a ahem,Shag carpet!!

canopfor on April 20, 2010 at 1:28 AM

Damn, glad I had just finished that drink…

lovingmyUSA on April 20, 2010 at 1:37 AM

Cheshire Cat on April 20, 2010 at 1:24 AM

Clever Cat.

tigerlily on April 20, 2010 at 1:42 AM

Cheshire Cat on April 20, 2010 at 1:24 AM

Whats the difference between MixelleO and yogurt ?

Yogurt has some culture in it
;-)

macncheez on April 20, 2010 at 1:45 AM

And hast though slain America?
Come to my arms, my Big-Eared boy.
Oh frabjious day, we’ll make them pay,
Soros chortled in his joy.

tigerlily on April 20, 2010 at 1:47 AM

though = thou

wrecked a perfectly good verse

tigerlily on April 20, 2010 at 1:48 AM

though = thou

wrecked a perfectly good verse

tigerlily on April 20, 2010 at 1:48 AM

You must be frumious at yourself, but nonetheless I tip my whiskers to you and your brillig and gyre.

Cheshire Cat on April 20, 2010 at 1:57 AM

Cheshire Cat on April 20, 2010 at 1:57 AM

A whisker-tip from the master is good as gold.

tigerlily on April 20, 2010 at 2:11 AM

Alone by myself, here on these hallowed halls, I can not help but wonder whom will be next, group or individual, on the Obama Reich Propaganda Minster’s Hit Parade, or Parade of Hits, if you will.

MB4 on April 20, 2010 at 2:33 AM

Mr. Ed and Mr. Allah, this should be the major thread tomorrow, now today, IMO!!!

Kiss the Ring

It was President Obama who after the tax day rallies admonished the participants that they should just say, “Thank You”. That is correct; his highness believes that you loyal subjects should be thankful for all the new taxes and growth of government imposed in his first year.

Today is the 15th anniversary of a tragic and terrible day in America, the Oklahoma City bombing. What should be a day of remembrance and mourning was used by another Democrat President, Bill Clinton, to launch a despicable attack against the tea party movement. Clinton made the comparison of what resulted in the deaths of 168 Americans to Americans seeking to “redress their grievances to government”, highly disgusting and dishonorable. In accordance with such we have Time magazine writer Joe Klein accusing Sarah Palin and others of sedition, a felony crime.

What we are witnessing is the imagined fear of the liberal progressives in America. They are attempting to create a sense of intimidation and violence where no such thing exists. The constant stoking and probing for the smoking gun that will solidify their claim comes up empty time and time again.

The real fear of the liberal progressives is that the silent majority is no longer silent and is rejecting their collectivist, big government agenda centered on nationalizing production and expansion of the entitlement class. Americans are rejecting the notion of the nanny-state where we find 47% of Americans are not paying taxes. We are rejecting the liberal progressive objective of having a majority of Americans wedded to government either by subsistence checks or by employment.

The real fear is that since 2006 the Democrat party has laid ruin to our fundamental principles upon which America was built, namely our Constitution. They realize that there is a true danger for them in the mid-term elections of 2010, that means you too Ron Klein! And that is not intimidation, just means we will defeat you in the Congressional race for Florida district 22.

If one really wants a lesson in political intimidation you need only look to the history of the Democrat party. It is the party which created the Ku Klux Klan as its terrorist arm. It is the party of segregation, Jim Crow laws, poll taxes, and lynching, among other forms of violence. It is the party that reversed much of the Reconstruction era civil rights legislation and would have blocked the Civil Rights Act of the early 1960’s, save not for Republican Senator Everett Dirksen.

Today the Democrat party maintains its intimidation mantra through the thugs of ACORN, SEIU, New Black Panther Party, Code Pink, and anarchist groups. See if any political party recognizes violence and intimidation in America, it is the Democrat party. Now with the media in tow, they have expanded their means by which to attack simple Americans yearning for their freedom and liberty. Let us never forget the heinous treatment of former President George W Bush and the last American President to be shot……a Republican, Ronald Reagan.

It is beyond contempt and belief that the party who promoted slavery and segregation is now attempting to call anyone racist. I find it absolutely humorous when the left attacks me as a; radical, racist, uncle tom, oreo, sellout, and token. The actions of the left media who interviewed a black Gentleman at a tea party trying to coach him into condemning the tea party as racist is reprehensible, but indicative of the MSM. The real racists in America are liberal progressives. Their dishonest tyranny which promotes failing social welfare policies centers on enslavement, not empowerment. They have created a new 21st century plantation and utilize such people as Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and the Congressional black caucus as their plantation overseer’s.

MB4 on April 20, 2010 at 3:19 AM

It is amazing to me that President Obama and his cronies find it hard to address our real enemies; Islamic terrorists, muslim extremists, and jihadists. Instead he seeks to ridicule and demonize Americans exercising their Constitutional rights, truly Alinsky style. The TEA Party movement is about the rejection of his policies, not his skin color. The TEA Party movement is about rejecting ruling class elitism and career politicians that feel Americans should say thank you and in submission, “Kiss the Ring”. Americans have no issue with being justly governed, but we will reject being ruled, ask the last fella who tried, King George III.

We are having a TEA Party across the land, time for true Americans to make a stand. Steadfast and Loyal!
- LTC A B West (USA, Ret)

MB4 on April 20, 2010 at 3:27 AM

New T-shirt being sold (could also be bumper sticker):

Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash.
Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

MB4 on April 20, 2010 at 4:35 AM

MB4 on April 20, 2010 at 3:19 AM

It would be great if all voters got a message like this in the mail before 11/2010 and 2012. Instead of the lying crap we are likely to read and hear.

This is the kind of message the Tpers can bring us!

IlikedAUH2O on April 20, 2010 at 5:15 AM

Wow–thanks MB4 for posting that. That is utterly stunning and a hammerblow to the feet of clay that are crumbling. LTC West has delivered some punishing blows and stunning inspiration with that one. Ed, I think that is surely thread worthy IMO.

thanks for posting that

ted c on April 20, 2010 at 7:07 AM

I don’t like Beck. He just came on Fox and Friends and I turned it off….but there is no way this man is guilty of sedition. He is just a ratings hog.

You would think that after Beck said we were better off with Obama than with McCain…that he would have earned some points with the Obama people…not to mention his efforts to start a third party to pull votes away from Republicans. But nooo, he is more useful to the Democrats as a foil so they go after him.

Limbaugh on the other hand is actually what he says he is, a conservative. And I think he really does scare the liberals. I think the same is true of Palin.

Terrye on April 20, 2010 at 7:08 AM

Spirit of 1776 on April 19, 2010 at 11:50 PM

Great minds, yada, yada, yada …

Every time you diss me I’m still not certain why you loathe me,
Every time you scold me I’m still not certain why you despair
Though you keep on saying you really, really, really loathe me
Would you speak the same words to another if I weren’t in the chair?

Sedition torments my heart,
Sedition keeps us apart,
Sedition why torture me.

Every time you call me out and ask again who’s my daddy
I can’t help but think that you’re getting too close to the truth,
Why should our dispute just keep on causing me such sorrow?
Why am I so fearful whenever you speak your minds?

Sedition torments my heart,
Sedition keeps us apart,
Sedition why torture me.

Voters, if you love me, I beg you wait a little longer,
Wait until I drive all the bitter clingers out of the land,
How I hope and pray that your loathing will not go on any longer,
Maybe you’re seditious ‘cause you think I’m out of my mind.

Sedition torments my heart,
Sedition keeps us apart,
Sedition why torture me.

ya2daup on April 20, 2010 at 7:09 AM

Congratulations to the Munford’s…

doriangrey on April 20, 2010 at 7:17 AM

MB4 on April 20, 2010 at 3:19 AM

well said

cmsinaz on April 20, 2010 at 7:34 AM

MB4 on April 20, 2010 at 3:27 AM

they can’t handle true terrorists…NO CLUE whatsoever…

cmsinaz on April 20, 2010 at 7:35 AM

So for eight years, Mr. Klein, the democraps questioned the legitimacy of George Bush’s elections and demonized him and his Administration to an extent not seen before in American politics. So, in your own words the democrat party engaged in sedition or something ‘very close’ to sedition during the years 2000-2008. Thank you for your honesty.

eaglewingz08 on April 20, 2010 at 7:45 AM

But… but… I could’ve SWORN Mizzzz Clinton said something about dissent being patriotic or something…

ErinF on April 20, 2010 at 7:56 AM

Not to discredit the good things Glenn Beck does, but it puts me off when he gets serious like this. He should be mocking these boobs, not taking such a serious tone. They are desperate, no one watches them, and they are hypocrites as Beck points out. So, laugh at these clowns while making the points, Glenn. Ridicule them. Don’t get semi-verklempt while musing about loving your country. Everyone knows that already. Destroy them with humorous ridicule while showing that their allegations are nothing more than propaganda. Taking them seriously elevates the charges and those making them. Just my opinion, but Beck is best when he uses humor.

JimP on April 20, 2010 at 8:13 AM

HERE JOE, PUT THIS ON YOUR NAPKIN:

The term DOUBLE STANDARD, coined in 1912,[1] refers to any set of principles containing different provisions for one group of people than for another, typically without a good reason for having said difference.[2] A double standard may take the form of an instance in which certain applications (often of a word or phrase) are perceived as acceptable to be used by one group of people, but are considered unacceptable—taboo—when used by another group.

A double standard, thus, can be described as a sort of biased, morally unfair suspension (toward a certain group) of the principle that all are equal in their freedoms. Such double standards are seen as unjustified because they violate a basic maxim of modern legal jurisprudence: that all parties should stand equal before the law. Double standards also violate the principle of justice known as impartiality, which is based on the assumption that the same standards should be applied to all people, without regard to subjective bias or favoritism based on social class, rank, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation or other distinction. A double standard violates this principle by holding different people accountable according to different standards. The proverb “life is not fair” is often invoked in order to mollify concerns over double standards.

There is a distinction to be made between double standards and hypocrisy, which implies the stated or presumed acceptance of a single standard a person claims to hold himself or herself accountable to, but which, in practice, may be disregarded.

stenwin77 on April 20, 2010 at 8:32 AM

the government that guarantees our freedoms [Bill Clinton]

On the first Victim’s Rights day, Janet Reno refered to the rights given to us by the government.

They ignore the Declaration of Independence which recognizes the source of human liberty:

…the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them… .

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights … .

This is the fundamental disjunction between the left and the right in America.

davidk on April 20, 2010 at 8:37 AM

MB4 on April 20, 2010 at 3:19 AM

Thanks for the link.

“Kiss the Ring”
— Lieutenant Colonel West’s words should be on the lips of every conservative. You just can’t say it any better than that.

petefrt on April 20, 2010 at 8:46 AM

It’s a mystery to me why I read all the postings on this thread. What a train wreck! Pieces are scattered everywhere! Between the faux case of the vapors over some gun rally I hadn’t heard of and the accusations that Ed and AP are derelict in the duty to make HA “The Blog of Record”, this is one for the books.

I brought it on myself, though, by ignoring my observation of a month or so ago that a series of AnninCA’s postings always reminds me why an animal will gnaw off its paw to escape from a trap.

ya2daup on April 20, 2010 at 9:11 AM

Man… the rat’s not real… It’s just a symbol for Ann’s precious. ;-)

MeatHeadinCA on April 20, 2010 at 12:48 AM

I have been puzzling over what AnninCA’s rambling posts reminded me of and your post closed the connection. She’s Goddam (Gollum) in “Bored of the Rings”, Harvard Lampoon’s spoof of the “Lord of the Rings” trilogy.

Prologue – Concerning Boggies

…Of the finding of the ring….

…As is told in the volume previous to this hound, Valley of the Trolls, Dildo Bugger set out one day with a band of demented dwarves and a discredited Rosicrucian named Goodgulf to separate a dragon from his hoard of short-term municipals and convertible debentures. The quest was successful, and the dragon, a prewar basilisk who smelled like a bus, was taken from behind while he was clipping coupons. And yet, though many pointless and annoying deeds were done, this adventure would concern us a good deal less than it does, if that is possible, except for a bit of petty larceny Dildo did along the way to keep his hand in…

…When Dildo’s eyes became adjusted to the pale light, he found that the grotto was almost filled by a wide, kidney-shaped lake where a nasty-looking clown named Goddam paddled noisily about on an old rubber sea horse. He ate raw fish and occasional side orders to travel from the outside world in the form of lost travelers like Dildo, and he greeted Dildo’s unexpected entrance into his underground sauna in much the same way as he would the sudden arrival of a Chicken Delight truck. But like anyone with boggie ancestry, Goddam preferred the subtle approach in assaulting creatures over five inches high and weighing more than ten pounds, and consequently he challenged Dildo to a riddle game to gain time. Dildo, who had a sudden attack of amnesia regarding the fact that the dwarves were being made into chutney outside the cave, accepted…

…Stumped at last for a riddle to ask, he cried out. as his hand fell on his snub-nosed .38, “What have I got in my pocket?” This Goddam failed to answer, and growing impatient, he paddled up to Dildo, whining, “Let me see, let me see.” Dildo obliged by pulling out the pistol and emptying it in Goddam’s direction. The dark spoiled his aim, and he managed only to deflate the rubber boat, leaving Goddam to flounder. Goddam, who couldn’t swim, reached out his hand to Dildo and begged him to pull him out, and, as he did, Dildo noticed an interesting looking ring on his finger and pulled it off. He would have finished Goddam off then and there, but pity stayed his hand. “It’s a pity I’ve run out of bullets”, he thought as he went back up the tunnel, pursued by Goddam’s cries of rage…

Chapter Eight:
Schlob’s Lair and Other Mountain Resorts

…Frito and Spam clambered out of breath to the top of a small riser and gazed out at the landscape that stretched before them, unbroken save for sudden depressions and swiftly rising gorges, to the slag mines, dress factories, and lint mills of Fordor. Frito sat down heavily on a cow’s skull, and Spam produced a box lunch of cheese and crackers from their bags.

At that moment, there came the sound of falling pebbles, stepped on twigs, and a nose being violently blown. The two boggies leapt to their feet, and a gray scaly creature crept slowly up to them on all fours, sniffing the ground noisily.

“Mother of pearl,” cried Frito, recoiling from the sinister figure. Spam drew his elvish pinking knife and stepped back, his heart in his mouth with the gooey glob of crackers.

The creature looked at them with ominously crossed eyes, and with a little smile, rose tiredly to its feet, and clasping its hands behind its back, began to whistle mournfully.

Suddenly Frito remembered Dildo’s tale of the finding of the Ring.

“You must be Goddam!” he squeaked. “What are you doing here?”

“Oh well,” said the creature, speaking very slowly. “Not much. I was just looking for a few old pop bottles to help pay for my sister-in-law’s iron lung. Of course, ever since my operation I don’t get around like I used to. Guess I’m just unlucky. Funny how life is, up and down, never can tell. Gosh, it sure is cold. I had to pawn my coat to buy plasma for my pet geese.”

Spam tried desperately to keep his leaden eyeballs open, but with a great yawn, he slumped heavily to the ground. “You fiend,” he muttered, and fell asleep.

“There I go again,” said Goddam, shaking his head. “Well, I know when I’m not wanted,” he said, and sat down and helped himself to the boggies’ elvish melba toast…

It was night before the last of the hordes had passed into Fordor, and the gate had closed with a deep clang. Spam peeped out from behind a stone outcropping and slipped over to Frito with a frugal meal of loaves and fishes. Goddam immediately appeared from a narrow crevice and smiled obscenely.

“The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach,” he said.

“That’s just what I’ve been thinking,” said Spam, fingering the hilt of his sword.

Goddam looked mournful. “I know how it is,” he said. “I was in the war. pinned down in a deadly hail of Jap fire…”

Spam gagged, and his arm went limp. “Die,” he suggested.

Frito took a large loaf of raisin bread and crammed it into Goddam’s mouth.

“Mmmmf, mfffl, mmblgl,” said the beast darkly…

Chapter Nine:
Minas Troney in the Soup

Frito stood for a long time, peering out from under his fingers at the distant, smoking volcano.

“It’s many a hard kilo to the Black Hole,” he said, fingering the Ring.

“No lie, bwana,” said Spam.

“This nearer tar pit has a certain holelike flavor,” said Frito…

“Round,” agreed Spam. “Open. Deep.”

“Dark,” added Frito.

“Black,” said Spam…

…”Hello,” said a gray lump behind them. “Long time no see.”

“Goddam, old shoe,” crooned Spam, and dropped a coin at Goddam’s feet.

“Small world,” said Frito as he palmed the Ring and clapped the surprised creature on the back.

“Look!” cried Frito, pointing to an empty sky. “The Winged Victory of Samothrace.” And as Goddam turned to see, Frito looped the chain over his neck.

“Holla,” cried Spam, “a 1927 indian-head nickel!” and dropped on his hands and knees in front of Goddam.

“Whoops!” said Frito.

“Aiyeee,” added Goddam.

“Floop,” suggested the tar pit.

ya2daup on April 20, 2010 at 9:45 AM

Glenn said the same thing as Rush did this morning. Liars that lie. If I were Rush I would demand FAIR AND EQUAL TIME to rebut their comments with exactly this information. Then if they don’t, go and accuse them that the very people that advocate the Fairness Doctrine don’t want it. Then everytime they bring up the Fairness Doctrine ram their lies down their faces. These people make me sick.

Sultry Beauty on April 19, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Amen, ram it right down their throats. Make them choke on their words right in front of their sanctimonous audience.

gordo on April 20, 2010 at 9:52 AM

ya2daup on April 20, 2010 at 9:11 AM

Funny you should mention that, because in a sequel to “Annie Tries to Murder Rattie” that I’m writing, there is a scene where Ann inadvertently gnaws off her own hand. A kindly doc sews it back on, however, so no need to freak out or anything.

justltl on April 20, 2010 at 12:20 PM