Obama mocks tea partiers: You should thank me for cutting taxes

posted at 8:33 pm on April 15, 2010 by Allahpundit

Via Dan Riehl, this may well be the single most obnoxious soundbite he’s uttered since his immortal bitter/clinger bon mot during the campaign. Which, if I’m not mistaken, also occurred at a fundraiser. Funny, the thoughts that bubble up when he’s among friends.

You’re welcome, America.

President Barack Obama said Thursday he’s amused by the anti-tax tea party protests that have been taking place around Tax Day.

Obama told a fundraiser in Miami that he’s cut taxes, contrary to the claims of protesters.

“You would think they’d be saying thank you,” he said.

At that, many in the crowd at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts stood and yelled, “Thank you!”

Let’s see. For starters, he’s lying: He has raised some taxes, contrary to his campaign pledge two years ago. But more than that, he seems almost to be laughing at people for being concerned about deficits. Did we or did we not learn just last night that a majority of tea partiers think their taxes are fair? They’re not some fanatic “zero tax” movement, in other words. They’re willing to pay what they’re paying now; what they want is a government small enough to make ends meet with what they’re paying. By The One’s logic, if he lowered the top marginal income tax bracket to one percent, we should expect tea partiers to fall on their knees and shout hallelujah even though it would mean annual deficits many times the trillion-dollar leviathans we’re currently saddled with. Anyone think that would happen? Anyone except Obama not yet grasp that conservatives want fiscal responsibility, not lower taxes at any and all costs?

What’s most amazing about this is that everyone understands the feds will need to raise taxes, and soon, to try to put a dent in our Everest of liabilities. That was the entire point of Paul Volcker, Obama’s own advisor, whispering about a VAT a few weeks ago. Tax hikes are simply a fait accompli, due in no small part to The One’s own unprecedented spending, and we’d probably have them already if not for his political cowardice in refusing to demand them before his reelection bid. And yet here he is, actually patting himself on the back for being a tax-cutter. Unbelievable.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

I really hope that “man” needs my help one day.

SouthernGent on April 15, 2010 at 8:34 PM

He’s mocking just about everybody these days. He doesn’t really need to hide his contempt of commoners until, say, 2012 or so.

Drained Brain on April 15, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Axelrod should know better than to have the President mock the Tea Party.

visions on April 15, 2010 at 8:36 PM

Oh yeah this guy is smarter than me. RIGHT!

400lb Gorilla on April 15, 2010 at 8:36 PM

At this point, I’m almost convinced he wants his party to go down in flames this year so he can blame the GOP majority for their ‘obstruction’ of his agenda. Good grief.

Slublog on April 15, 2010 at 8:36 PM

Keep laughing, smartass.

OhioCoastie on April 15, 2010 at 8:36 PM

Gosh, everyday he’s more and more of a Pinocchio!

Gob on April 15, 2010 at 8:36 PM

The president got it half right: the statement I’d like to make to him does end with the word “you”.

jix on April 15, 2010 at 8:36 PM

The muslim from Minnesota is on C-Span lying right now about this.

SouthernGent on April 15, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Obnoxious is the perfect word.

KittyLowrey on April 15, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Sweet November…:)

RobCon on April 15, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Hopey/Changey Grand Illusion Tour!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on April 15, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Hope mental health coverage is covered under Obamacare – because Obama needs it.

suzyk on April 15, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Stuff like this makes me wonder if he even plans on running in 2012… how can you repeatedly mock Americans and expect to win an election?

BPD on April 15, 2010 at 8:39 PM

Imagine what he says about America in private.

artist on April 15, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Bush: Mocked Terrorists

Obama: Mocks Americans

BIG DIFFERENCE!

tetriskid on April 15, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Obama Says “Argue With Neighbors, Get In Their Face”
=======================================================

canopfor on April 15, 2010 at 8:40 PM

I was at the rally in DC today, one small group of counter-protestors ran by with a sign that said ”THE OTHER 95% SAY THANK YOU FOR THE TAX CUT” Hahaha delusional, yet useful idiots!

Tony737 on April 15, 2010 at 8:40 PM

You lowly gun-loving, bible thumping plebians should be thanking me…

It is unbeleivable to me what a complete and utter asswipe this guy is… seriously how do people that voted for him not cringe when he makes such an ass out of himself? although they are the same brain trusts that like Nancy Pelousy and Harry Re-tread…

momof2 on April 15, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Humble, isn’t he.

Wethal on April 15, 2010 at 8:40 PM

I betcha he isn’t laughing come November 3rd.

farright on April 15, 2010 at 8:41 PM

This dude is so removed from reality it is scary…one day he will realize the hate this country feels for him and he will wee wee himself up…may take place in public…hope it does!

winston on April 15, 2010 at 8:42 PM

If lower taxes = more in revenue, than why do taxes need to be raised? when taxes are raised the revenue the gubmint gets goes down. WE DO NOT NEED HIGHER TAXES!

Gob on April 15, 2010 at 8:42 PM

I don’t understand this idiot. I really do not.

ORconservative on April 15, 2010 at 8:42 PM

At this point, I’m almost convinced he wants his party COUNTRY to go down in flames this year so he can blame the GOP majority for their ‘obstruction’ of his agenda. – Slublog

Fixed

Tony737 on April 15, 2010 at 8:43 PM

Paul Krugman tells him everything he’s doing is correct. Of course he’s smug … and the Chicago gang is deferring all the pain until post 2012, so he’s only got to fool the american people one more time.

gh on April 15, 2010 at 8:43 PM

Dictators aren’t accountable to the little people… only their political chosen.

Skywise on April 15, 2010 at 8:43 PM

Tony737 on April 15, 2010 at 8:40 PM

It would be more priceless if one or all of them either smoked or owned a tanning salon.

Gob on April 15, 2010 at 8:44 PM

If I had been there, my response would have been the same. Except that the first word wouldn’t have been “thank”.

wadikitty on April 15, 2010 at 8:44 PM

November is coming.
- Sarah Palin

publiuspen on April 15, 2010 at 8:44 PM

If he were a real man, he’d attend a tea party rally and actually converse with the American people. But that’ll never happen, as he has zero balls. Why go to a tea party and listen to the grievances of eery day citizens when he can go campaign in front of democrat stringers.

robblefarian on April 15, 2010 at 8:44 PM

“thank you Sir! May I have another!”

ReformedAndDangerous on April 15, 2010 at 8:45 PM

one small group of counter-protestors ran by with a sign
Gob on April 15, 2010 at 8:44 PM

I’ll bet they were all white people.

wadikitty on April 15, 2010 at 8:45 PM

robblefarian on April 15, 2010 at 8:44 PM

He is a eunuch.

publiuspen on April 15, 2010 at 8:45 PM

NEWSFLASH – AMBER ALERT – TOTUS is M.I.A. leaving Obowma on is own to ad lib & he’s once again trying to swallow his foot!

huskerdiva on April 15, 2010 at 8:46 PM

Obama-commie, like all the commies before lie, about everything.

November is coming, expect change.

tarpon on April 15, 2010 at 8:46 PM

Slublog on April 15, 2010 at 8:36 PM

You know, this explanation is the only one I’ve seen that actually makes consistent sense of his behavior since his ratings started to tank.

Well, besides the one where Obama’s a complete and utter narcissist idiot jackass, I mean.

inviolet on April 15, 2010 at 8:46 PM

Oh, if he were only just a little smarter than a fifth grader. Mentally and Emotionally

mobydutch on April 15, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Let’s face it…..he has free speech….and so do we…..

……he exercised it, now here it is backatcha Caliph.

You’re a lying, baby killing _____________, generational thief that is going to enslave millions like Carter did when he lost Iran in 1978, and Afghanistan in 1979.

Let’s let the future generations thank you that come after you and clean up your messes.

Wait, let’s all make sure we give his _____ a real “THANK YOU” in November.

PappyD61 on April 15, 2010 at 8:47 PM

TXUS on April 15, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Now no one can say Obama hasn’t been judged by the content of his character.

Bicyea on April 15, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Let them eat cake!

glennbo on April 15, 2010 at 8:48 PM

And of course he’s playing schoolyard bully…..trying to provoke the Tea Party people (and Republicans, Moderates and Independents).

He has no class, he’s just a 47 year old kid with a ‘tude.

PappyD61 on April 15, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Once again, pride goes before a fall (politically speaking of course).

misterspork on April 15, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Obama is a closet tea partier. He is just putting up a front so his friends won’t make fun of him. He has a secret to keep.

Think about it. The tea party movement is more sucessful than any comminity he has ever organized. He is jealous.

percysunshine on April 15, 2010 at 8:50 PM

Juvenile.

jukin on April 15, 2010 at 8:50 PM

Mr. President has a smart mouth, doesn’t he? Kind of like a street punk. Just like his press secretary. He’s also delusional. Perhaps Sarkozy is right…maybe he’s insane.

scalleywag on April 15, 2010 at 8:50 PM

I’ll bet they were all white people. – Wadi Kitty

Ya know what? I think they were! As Obama said ”Typical white people”.

Tony737 on April 15, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Mr. Obama lives in a different world from you and me, where unicorns pass sweet smelling rainbow colored gas, and lollipops grow on cotton candy bushes.

Buford Gooch on April 15, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Does this guy ever work?

d1carter on April 15, 2010 at 8:52 PM

He has no class, he’s just a 47 year old kid with a ‘tude.

PappyD61 on April 15, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Most people with substance abuse problems never really mentally mature above the age that they started the abuse or addiction.

thomasaur on April 15, 2010 at 8:52 PM

huskerdiva on April 15, 2010 at 8:46 PM

huskerdiva:)
===============

News Update:

And after shoving his foot in his mouth,he accidently
lost his balance,while prancing on his hybird Unicorn
Donkey,

and fell into a steaming pile of Elephant dung do do!!
(snark).

canopfor on April 15, 2010 at 8:53 PM

His Royal Highnass is a spoiled brat punk.

mobydutch on April 15, 2010 at 8:53 PM

I think what most people fail to understand is that Obama is clueless as to what most people think and do. He has lived his life surrounded by people who all believe the same thing. He has been groomed and trained by handlers to the point he is isolated from reality. He believes what they tell him to believe, he is an empty suit. He is a myth…he’s not some great orator, or highly intelligent, or politically savvy. That’s why he constantly makes statements like this. He has never been criticized, or disagreed with, or even questioned…until now. So he either gets irritated or ridicules it. The narcissist with no depth.

Deanna on April 15, 2010 at 8:54 PM

If there were three people who fell off your boat — Obama, John Edwards, and Jesse Jackson — but you could only save one, which one would you save? – TXUS

Hmmmm … prolly hafta save the Prez, even if I don’t like his policies … hey wait a minute … What are these clowns doin’ on my boat in the first place???

Tony737 on April 15, 2010 at 8:54 PM

we’ll save our “thanks” for November.

And believe me, he who laughs last, laughs best.

ted c on April 15, 2010 at 8:54 PM

I’ll bet they were all white people.
wadikitty on April 15, 2010 at 8:45 PM

Why would you be interested in people’s race? In America, we care about character NOT colour.

Oh, I went to the Sarah Palin Tea Party yesterday and I was more interested in seeing Patriots, not looking at people’s colour and race. But for the racists out there, you’ll be disappointed that there were all kinds of Americans participating, not just white people.

Gob on April 15, 2010 at 8:55 PM

Unbelievable.

Your president is an unbeliever.

Stephen M on April 15, 2010 at 8:55 PM

TXUS on April 15, 2010 at 8:48 PM

but you could only save one, which one would you save?

I’d save Edwards with a long rope attached to nothing.

PappyD61 on April 15, 2010 at 8:55 PM

Keep laughing, smartass.

OhioCoastie on April 15, 2010 at 8:36 PM

Exactly. November’s not going to be so funny, is it Ogabe?

Red Cloud on April 15, 2010 at 8:55 PM

What an ignorant imbecile this guy is. Taxes aren’t the Tea Party’s only gripe. They’re also infuriated at Obama’s despotic power grabs and the deafness of Congress among other things.

Obama’s also a world class liar.

Does he really think the general public won’t be able to figure out if they’re able to keep more or less of their paycheck?

jjrakman on April 15, 2010 at 8:55 PM

TXUS on April 15, 2010 at 8:48 PM

They didn’t fall. And I didn’t see a thing, Mr. Coast Guard investigator.

Bishop on April 15, 2010 at 8:56 PM

Obama cut taxes? That’s news to me. I haven’t seen any of my taxes cut. Have any of you?

SoulGlo on April 15, 2010 at 8:56 PM

“The hardest part of Barack Obama’s day is walking away from the mirror.” Rush Limbaugh ’09

txhsmom on April 15, 2010 at 8:57 PM

Deanna on April 15, 2010 at 8:54 PM

Secretly, at night, he logs onto hot air and reads. That is why he is jealous of the tea partiers. He wants to be one.

percysunshine on April 15, 2010 at 8:57 PM

TXUS on April 15, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Am I required to save one of them?

Patrick S on April 15, 2010 at 8:58 PM

Somebody’s got to say it:

What a maroon!

What a little moron.

Dhuka on April 15, 2010 at 8:58 PM

Imagine what he says about America in private.

artist on April 15, 2010 at 8:40 PM

I always figured that the pillow talk between he and the chin would make for the most impeachable moments ever… Nothing would surprise me with this A$$h*le.

RalphyBoy on April 15, 2010 at 8:58 PM

Enough of “going Galt”here’s to “going Godwin”:

Obama “cut” taxes like Hitler “freed” the Jews.

Lockstein13 on April 15, 2010 at 8:58 PM

He inherited the deficits. He is actually slashing taxes, spending and paying down the national debt.

If you refuse to listen you will never learn.

Pssshhhhaw!

R Square on April 15, 2010 at 8:58 PM

TXUS on April 15, 2010 at 8:48 PM

None… I’d be askin how the hell they got on my boat in the first place.

RalphyBoy on April 15, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Don’t worry, Barry, the teabaggers will thank you in November when your party takes it on the chin.

You didn’t have to squeeze us
But you did, but you did, but you did
And I Thank You

Christien on April 15, 2010 at 9:00 PM

… that there were all kinds of Americans participating, not just white people. – Gob

Same with the one in DC today, plenty of non-whites, much to the dismay of the left. Oh wait, am I a racist for noticing?

Tony737 on April 15, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Barry needs to see a psychiatrist. A child psychiatrist would probably be best.

MB4 on April 15, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Got to admit he is humble.

lavell12 on April 15, 2010 at 9:03 PM

[I]f he lowered the top marginal income tax bracket to one percent… it would mean annual deficits many times the trillion-dollar leviathans we’re currently saddled with.

As a matter of fact, it wouldn’t. The entire individual income tax only collected $1.425 trillion last year. Cutting it down to 1% of that, $14 billion, wouldn’t quite have doubled the $1.41 trillion deficit.

But let’s not take a ridiculous extreme; how about 50%? Congress could have cut all income tax rates in half, reducing income tax collections by $712 billion. Anyone have an opinion whether that would have created as many jobs as the $780 billion stimulus bill?

Fabozz on April 15, 2010 at 9:03 PM

TXUS on April 15, 2010 at 8:48 PM

I’d throw out a life preserver with no rope and let them fight over it. It would be worth it just to watch. And I’d lay odds on Jackson winning.

Deanna on April 15, 2010 at 9:03 PM

TXUS on April 15, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Yeah, these guys in my boat, that’s a hoot.

thomasaur on April 15, 2010 at 9:04 PM

I really hope that “man” needs my help one day.

SouthernGent on April 15, 2010 at 8:34 PM

Just be sure to drink a lot of coffee that day and have a fast opening fly.

MB4 on April 15, 2010 at 9:05 PM

At this point, I’m almost convinced he wants his party COUNTRY to go down in flames this year so he can blame the GOP majority BUSH for their ‘obstruction’ of his agenda. – Slublog

Fixed

Tony737 on April 15, 2010 at 8:43 PM

Fixed it some more…
And I know many who would totally buy it. There’s lots-a-dumb in them thar bricks… Lots a dumb.

RalphyBoy on April 15, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Maybe I’m a moron, but me, and just about everyone else I know is either getting a lot less back, or is paying this year. Personally, I am paying, this is the first time in 15 years that I owed the Feral Gooberment.
Last years numbers were about the same, but I got back half a G, this year, I owe half a G.
Thanks bro, you hooked me up. I’m just a hard working Blue Collar kinda guy, OH!, I’m not a union member, if I was, he might actually care.
To openly mock the American people shows you what kind of President we have, this turd need be flushed. All of the turds need be flushed, Washington has gotten septic.

M-14 2go on April 15, 2010 at 9:06 PM

Bush: Mocked Terrorists

Obama: Mocks Americans

BIG DIFFERENCE!

tetriskid on April 15, 2010 at 8:40 PM

+100

Shiny_Tiara on April 15, 2010 at 9:09 PM

SEIG HIEL!
(I think I spelled it wrong….but you get the point)

CynicalOptimist on April 15, 2010 at 9:10 PM

“See… I told you Capitalism doesn’t work! Our new Marxist/Socialist society will be re-made in my image.

… Trust me, elections will be re-implemented once the riots have stopped.” – Col. Barack Hussein Obowma, el Presidente for Life

Seven Percent Solution on April 15, 2010 at 9:10 PM

That would make you a moron.

It is ok, so am I.

percysunshine on April 15, 2010 at 9:10 PM

Hey Mr. Obama, do we look like Mrs. Michelle Obama?

Then why are you TRYING TO DO SEX TO US?!?!

Left Coast Right Mind on April 15, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Obama mocks tea partiers: You should thank me for cutting taxes

In Emperor Obama’s world everything is disinformation. Nothing is what it is because everything is what it isn’t. And contrary-wise; what it is, it isn’t, and what it isn’t, it is. You see?

Cheshire Cat on April 15, 2010 at 9:12 PM

If there were three people who fell off your boat — Obama, John Edwards, and Jesse Jackson — but you could only save one, which one would you save?TXUS on April 15, 2010 at 8:48 PM

I would save a third of each of them.

justltl on April 15, 2010 at 9:12 PM

TXUS on April 15, 2010 at 8:48 PM

TXUS:If Obama fell over board,and he was hanging on to

TOTUS,I’m going to do the right thing,and save TOTUS!
-:)

canopfor on April 15, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Lots of people haven’t, and for good reason. The ‘tea party’, whatever it is, is not articulating anything. They’re just mad. You ask them why, and everyone has a different answer…some make sense, some dont. Some center around obamacare being socialist, others center around the national debt, others still around Obama’s very legitimacy. You are not convincing the American people of anything, running around foaming at the mouth like the tea party has thus far.

ernesto on April 15, 2010 at 9:12 PM

I would go to shore, to get help of course! Let’s see… first I have to find a phone….then call 911. I’m sure the response time would be ummm fast? Having done my civic duty…go home and watch the news to see if they made it? Those three BELIEVE the government can help you much faster and better then an American citizen. I would be following what they would expect me to do. Let the Government take care of it!

IowaWoman on April 15, 2010 at 9:14 PM

Shhhhh, listen. Hear that? It’s November Punk, and it’s rolling in like a 400 car runaway freight train. Kiss it.

Alden Pyle on April 15, 2010 at 9:15 PM

This post has been referred to Whitehouse.gov because of fishy content.

Good Lt on April 15, 2010 at 9:15 PM

An Obama tax cut is like Orwellian necter. Orwellian necter is feces and urine mixed togeter.

BottomLine5 on April 15, 2010 at 9:16 PM

Nothing I’d enjoy more than the opportunity to chuck a size 13 at this wussy sh!t talking POS.

Gang-of-One on April 15, 2010 at 9:16 PM

ernesto on April 15, 2010 at 9:12 PM

What a tool you are

IowaWoman on April 15, 2010 at 9:16 PM

And these, Ladies and Gentlemen, are the true idiots in our country.

carbon_footprint on April 15, 2010 at 9:16 PM

ernesto on April 15, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Two thirds of the American People are tea partiers. Look to your left, look to your right, and then guess who has the foam on his mouth.

percysunshine on April 15, 2010 at 9:16 PM

ernesto on April 15, 2010 at 9:12 PM

So you’re thinking the Dems are safe in November, eh?

Patrick S on April 15, 2010 at 9:16 PM