Paul Ryan to Glenn Beck and Hot Air: I’m not a conservative progressive

posted at 4:14 pm on April 12, 2010 by Allahpundit

Via the Right Scoop, the exciting conclusion to Thursday’s cliffhanger in which Beck cited CK MacLeod’s post at HA as evidence that Ryan might just be sweet on Woodrow Wilson and the gang. Not so, says Ryan, phoning in for the first time; CK just completely missed the point. Which is unfair, I think: CK’s point was that conservatives should champion the best ideas of early progressives, like popular referenda and government transparency. Ryan’s point in his Oklahoma City speech was that today’s progressives have completely betrayed those original good-government impulses — a descriptive observation, not a prescriptive one like CK’s, but similar insofar as both see some virtue in some elements of old-school progressivism. The confusion, I think, stemmed from CK straining to apply the “progressive” label to Ryan and Beck mistakenly assuming that that meant Ryan was on board with most/all of the Wilsonian program. Not by a long shot, as you’re about to see. In fact, with just this one phone call, it seems like Beck’s found himself a new favorite Republican. Watch your back, Sarah!

Exit question: Isn’t this basically the blog equivalent of that Marshall McLuhan scene in “Annie Hall”? Ryan taps CK on the shoulder and says, “You know nothing of my work.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Ryan taps CK on the shoulder and says, “You know nothing of my work.”

Stepped in it is more like it.

upinak on April 12, 2010 at 4:17 PM

CK MacLeod = epic fail

BrianA on April 12, 2010 at 4:18 PM

I love Paul Ryan. I’m not ready to scream “Paul Ryan 2012″ however. I’m going to wait to see how it plays out, but we will be hearing about Paul Ryan for a long, long time.

Oink on April 12, 2010 at 4:19 PM

I like Ryan, I like him a lot. He’s just so articulate! Beck fell in love with that interview.

deidre on April 12, 2010 at 4:19 PM

I love Ryan and Beck!

cibolo on April 12, 2010 at 4:19 PM

How did CK bashing Steyn make a top pick on HA? Yuck. Steyn rules.

chaswv on April 12, 2010 at 4:20 PM

I love Paul Ryan, too.

capitalist piglet on April 12, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Waits for a Green Room CK backlash in 5….4…..3…

upinak on April 12, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Where is MadisonConservative to play Yang to CK McLeod’s Ying?

portlandon on April 12, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Can we all just say that the whole idea of the “Green Room” was a bad idea?

What has it yielded — a few good posts from Doc Zero and Karl and otherwise a whole bunch of crap.

Call me when the soap opera is over.

DaydreamBeliever on April 12, 2010 at 4:21 PM

How did CK bashing Steyn make a top pick on HA? Yuck. Steyn rules.

chaswv on April 12, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Have the time I don’t understand exactly what CK is saying to be truthfully honest. I am usually confused after reading his posts.

deidre on April 12, 2010 at 4:21 PM

It is why the Marxist-Leninist appropriated the label ‘progressive’; it hides their agenda behind something that sounds good the the disinterested.

Same thing with the old ‘classic liberal’ vs modern liberalism as practiced by the modern leftists. They have to disguise who they are and what they want and do that by confusing the meaning of the labels they hid behind.

Which is why is it stupid for conservatives to attempt to redefine the labels for their own use. You’re just muddying the water which helps the leftists.

Skandia Recluse on April 12, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Early Progressives wanted to empower and engage the people. They fought for populist reforms like initiative and referendum, recalls, judicial elections, the breakup of monopoly corporations, and the elimination of vote buying and urban patronage. But Progressivism turned away from popular control toward central government planning. It lost most Americans and consumed itself in paternalism, arrogance, and snobbish condescension. “Fighting Bob” LaFollette, Teddy Roosevelt, and Woodrow Wilson would have scorned the self-proclaimed “Progressives” of our day for handing out bailout checks to giant corporations, corrupting the Congress to purchase votes for government controlled health care, and funneling billions in Jobs Stimulus money to local politicians to pay for make-work patronage. That’s not “Progressivism,” that’s what real Progressives fought against!

–Paul Ryan

CK MacLeod on April 12, 2010 at 4:22 PM

I believe CK’s point was that republicans should reclaim the term “progressive” which they never had and then further muddy things by using it in a new way.

Brilliant. /s

ROCnPhilly on April 12, 2010 at 4:22 PM

popular referenda = politicians side-stepping accountability in order to promote mob-rule.

government transparency = good luck w/ that regardless of who is in the White House.

uknowmorethanme on April 12, 2010 at 4:23 PM

As Beck stated last week when this first came up, referenda have no place a republic. With them you only get mob rule. Look how well it’s working in CA.

BrianA on April 12, 2010 at 4:23 PM

Oh Boy!!!

canopfor on April 12, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Oh Look.. CK, right on cue. Yet, waits for the Green Room back lash.

upinak on April 12, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Have Half the time I don’t understand exactly what CK is saying to be truthfully honest. I am usually confused after reading his posts.

deidre on April 12, 2010 at 4:21 PM

FIFM.

deidre on April 12, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Well,I’m glad I never besmirched Paul Ryan!

canopfor on April 12, 2010 at 4:25 PM

CK MacLeod on April 12, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Do you need another chicken? You’ve apparently worn the first one out.

uknowmorethanme on April 12, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Ryan has my attention, and I hope he keeps it.

Geronimo on April 12, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Well,Paul does have it right,the agenda is being rammed
through at Liberal Light Speed,while there still in power!

canopfor on April 12, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Beck needs to ask Rush where he gets his golden mic.

Paul Ryan is the real deal … I heard Beck say this and sent emails to him. Ryan is an up and coming star.

tarpon on April 12, 2010 at 4:30 PM

If Beck needs anyone to explain CK’s fails, then I suddenly understand the criticism of Beck.

Spirit of 1776 on April 12, 2010 at 4:31 PM

About Imprimis
Imprimis is the free monthly speech digest of Hillsdale College and is dedicated to educating citizens and promoting civil and religious liberty by covering cultural, economic, political and educational issues of enduring significance. The content of Imprimis is drawn from speeches delivered to Hillsdale College-hosted events, both on-campus and off-campus. First published in 1972, Imprimis is one of the most widely circulated opinion publications in the nation with over 1.8 million subscribers.

As mentioned by Paul Ryan, Mark Levin and Rush Limbaugh.

fourdeucer on April 12, 2010 at 4:32 PM

How did CK bashing Steyn make a top pick on HA? Yuck. Steyn rules.

chaswv on April 12, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Ditto.

tickleddragon on April 12, 2010 at 4:33 PM

I heard the interview when he was on the morning. Very articulate about the enemy. Paul Ryan knows who they are and what we are up against. I hope he runs for Gov. of Wisconsin. He would be a great one, I think!

JAM on April 12, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Ryan is awesome. He articulates the problems well because he knows the enemy well.

Kudos to Beck for clearing up the misconceptions.

darwin on April 12, 2010 at 4:34 PM

I look forward to each edition of Imprimis.

cibolo on April 12, 2010 at 4:35 PM

When is HA going to learn? When you post garbage no matter who is the writer, it is owned by HA. Someone like say, Glenn Beck could read it and think it is true.

d1carter on April 12, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Paul Ryan isn’t running for President? Why the heck not? I’m ready to draft him!!!!! Write in?

I’m really desparate for a canidate. I’m so afraid Obama will win by default.

Ryan sounds like Beck only not so much baggage.

petunia on April 12, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Steyn rules.

He does, except when it comes to the income tax and voting rights thing.

blatantblue on April 12, 2010 at 4:39 PM

I like the Doc Zero columns, the rest of the Green Room not so much.

search4truth on April 12, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Waits for a Green Room CK backlash in 5….4…..3…
upinak on April 12, 2010 at 4:20 PM

I think you mean front page rebuttal to clarify and prove his brilliance. Again. ‘Cuz everyone, including Paul Ryan, clearly didn’t get it the first time.

conservative pilgrim on April 12, 2010 at 4:41 PM

CK seems to miss the point a lot.

How’s about giving me a crack at this Green Room thingie?

fivefeetoffury on April 12, 2010 at 4:43 PM

Blogger calls out commenters, blogger is called out by TV Pundits and nationally recognized politicians.

Near instant karma.

TheUnrepentantGeek on April 12, 2010 at 4:44 PM

if hes for less taxes and all that

i dont care what he calls himself or what people call him

blatantblue on April 12, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Glenn there are enough real Socialist /Progressives out there.You do not need to try to create one because of a misstatement or one wrong move.Ryan is a conservative a word you don,t call yourself anymore.Is he perfect NO and neither are you Beck.Glenn i like you and think you have done great thing for the conservative movement but sometimes you go off into never never land.

thmcbb on April 12, 2010 at 4:45 PM

“That one blog really misinterpreted what I was trying to say.”

Oh my.

MB4 on April 12, 2010 at 4:46 PM

“That one blog really misinterpreted what I was trying to say.”

“That one”

McCain ;]

blatantblue on April 12, 2010 at 4:48 PM

Did everyone hear about how Sarah Palin came out as a gay Republican?

She’s just so happy, you see. Full of optimism. Totally gay.

Now. Who thinks that’s a good idea for campaign messaging?

TheUnrepentantGeek on April 12, 2010 at 4:48 PM

TheUnrepentantGeek on April 12, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Heh, good point!

blatantblue on April 12, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Sure, but the reality is that in politics branding matters.

Spirit of 1776 on April 12, 2010 at 4:48 PM

Can we all just say that the whole idea of the “Green Room” was a bad idea?

I think it needs more contributors.

terryannonline on April 12, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Sure, but the reality is that in politics branding matters.

Spirit of 1776 on April 12, 2010 at 4:48 PM

yup!

blatantblue on April 12, 2010 at 4:50 PM

He does, except when it comes to the income tax and voting rights thing.

blatantblue on April 12, 2010 at 4:39 PM

I disagree. I agree with you on the issue of saying that the more taxes one pays, the larger vote one gets (meaning, I’m against that), but I don’t think it’s right that those who pay no federal income tax should be able to be bribed so efficiently by government officials wanting to give them money from those who do pay federal income taxes.

Esthier on April 12, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Well give CK the benift of the doubt here. Since Ryan voted for the car bailouts, Tarp, the stimulus who would not think Ryan was a progressive?

Ryan wants us to believe his words over his deeds. I’m not buying it.

unseen on April 12, 2010 at 4:52 PM

I wonder if Rep. Ryan would agree with, and given the chance say the following statement:

“…….we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.”

An honest, open question.

BobMbx on April 12, 2010 at 4:53 PM

A darkhorse?

pjean on April 12, 2010 at 4:53 PM

Esthier on April 12, 2010 at 4:50 PM

The phucking up of the tax code is the fault of the feds. We shouldn’t take away people’s voting rights because of that.

We’re perfectly capable of winning again, and instituting an intelligent tax code.

Our efforts are better aimed at that, not attempting to institute a voting system that will doom the right to eternal failure.

blatantblue on April 12, 2010 at 4:53 PM

Steyn had me knodding my head, CK had me scratchin it.

Take that, CK!

Akzed on April 12, 2010 at 4:53 PM

I think Beck needs a danish pastry

blatantblue on April 12, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Just goes to show, you should always read and interpret things for yourself and not believe some crap in the green room.

fullogas on April 12, 2010 at 4:55 PM

I like the Doc Zero columns, the rest of the Green Room not so much.
search4truth on April 12, 2010 at 4:39 PM

I can’t agree with you. The GR is diverse and allows writers to cover a variety of topics. I’ve read some great stuff in the GR. Why CK gets his posts promoted more than others, however, is a mystery.

conservative pilgrim on April 12, 2010 at 4:56 PM

I think that it’s important to understand that even in its beginnings in the United States in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, there was more than one strain in “Progressivism.”

As much as the dirigiste strain was there from the beginning – which certainly includes a number of thinkers like Wilson (who was a government professor at this point) and House (who was Wilson’s pal and wrote an important book Philip Dru: Administrator) – there was also a strain that was concerned with actually devolving power from the legislatures (then often captive of special interests) to the voters at large. That was the initial impetus of ‘Fighting Bob’ LaFollette in Wisconsin (though he was later ‘captured’ if you will by the University of Wisconsin Progressives of the other sort) and the impetus behind the California Progressives who revolted against the Southern Pacific Railroad’s domination of California politics in 1910.

I think the ‘voter empowerment’ strain of early progressivism primarily in the Midwest and Western states is the baby we should not throw out with the bathwater of dirigiste Eastern and European Progressivism: the three main “progressive” reforms of initiative (direct legislation), referendum (requiring legislation to be ratified by a popular vote), and recall (the ability to force a new election), in each case if a sufficient number of voters demand it, are precisely the sort of correctives that would have prevented ObamaCare from passing:

Would the Democrats have ever pushed this through if they knew the legislation itself would be the subject of a referendum and they themselves the subject of individual recall elections? I don’t think so!

CatoRenasci on April 12, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Why CK gets his posts promoted more than others, however, is a mystery.

conservative pilgrim on April 12, 2010 at 4:56 PM

ROFL….Allah and CK are two peas in a pod that’s why

unseen on April 12, 2010 at 4:57 PM

I think there is one thing that CK is right on. There is big danger in wolf-in-sheep’s-clothing Republicans that ultimately end up helping Progressives. The Maverick comes to mind. But that said, CK jumped the gun on Ryan. Ryan seems to be the real deal. If nothing else, he’s a family guy, a decent man, much more humble than the typical politician, and a lot closer in what he says to what most people believe than anyone CK might be mistaking him for. In fact I read the Imprimis speech and other stuff weeks ago, and was shocked when I read CK’s post. I could not believe that Ryan was a Progressive based on what I had read from the man himself.

I’d sign on to Ryan for President a lot sooner than I would a lot of other conservatives. And both Ryan and Beck are right, it’s time to roll this nightmarish agenda back before it is too late. It’s going to take someone who is charismatic, and value oriented like Ryan to go up against Obama.

I think CK should clarify, or be quiet.

JeffB. on April 12, 2010 at 4:58 PM

I think it needs more contributors.

terryannonline on April 12, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Really? I think they have almost too much, though it would be easier if the posts were in their own categories based on who wrote them. The thing is a bit of a mess as it is, and I’d bet most only read a Greenroom post when it’s upgraded.

Esthier on April 12, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Why CK gets his posts promoted more than others, however, is a mystery.

conservative pilgrim on April 12, 2010 at 4:56 PM

Which is gonna get more discussion, comments, and hits:

1) You’re silly for thinking Sarah Palin HAD to endorse McCain, you McCain haters!

orrrrrr

2) Why the left is wrong.

Ya know? A little controversy is gonna’ get more talk going than a “preachin to the choir” piece.

blatantblue on April 12, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Why CK gets his posts promoted more than others, however, is a mystery.

Must have pictures of AP and Ed in compromising situations.

Spirit of 1776 on April 12, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Ryan wants us to believe his words over his deeds. I’m not buying it.

unseen on April 12, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Oh, for crying out loud. Supporting TARP in Ryan’s case was naivete at worst (I fell for the same argument; I’d never have supported TARP knowing how the money would actually be used, and I’m ashamed I didn’t know better). He voted against ARRA. He voted for car bailout money to prevent TARP money from going to the auto makers and it did anyway.

He did vote for the confiscatory tax on the AIG bonuses, which I found a little offensive…

DrSteve on April 12, 2010 at 5:00 PM

Notice how a piece from a lefty in the headline gets more comments than something complimentary to the right does?

blatantblue on April 12, 2010 at 5:00 PM

CatoRenasci on April 12, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Ideas aren’t inseparable from names. “Progressive” is far too tainted as a label to be helpful, particularly when there are better alternatives available.

TheUnrepentantGeek on April 12, 2010 at 5:00 PM

oh nice!

beck in a button down and jeans today on the show

blatantblue on April 12, 2010 at 5:01 PM

blatantblue on April 12, 2010 at 4:53 PM

I didn’t take Steyn’s article as a suggestions to immediately suspend their voting rights. I just saw it as an observation on the problems its caused that only some pay in but all have the same vote.

Still, there’s nothing that prevents a citizen from paying taxes if he wants to and isn’t currently charged any.

Esthier on April 12, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Oh AP. Sarah Palin created the Paul Ryan bandwagon when she suggested he would be a good candidate to run against Obama in 2012.

Amadeus on April 12, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Did everyone hear about how Sarah Palin came out as a gay Republican?

She’s just so happy, you see. Full of optimism. Totally gay.

Now. Who thinks that’s a good idea for campaign messaging?

TheUnrepentantGeek on April 12, 2010 at 4:48 PM

You have one life, let it be gay
Shouldn’t one do as one’s told to?
No, let the moment enfold you
Grab up every golden chance
Life is such romance
Give this world a sweeping glance
Let it set your soul a-dancing night and day
Vivez!

Live, here’s to life, let us all be gay
Let go of each inhibition
No one need give you permission
What are you waiting for?
Vivez!

PercyB on April 12, 2010 at 5:05 PM

conservative pilgrim on April 12, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Well it has to go to the GR before Allah posts in in the normal thread blogs.

But you are correct!

upinak on April 12, 2010 at 5:06 PM

unseen on April 12, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Spirit of 1776 on April 12, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Ok, it isn’t quite a mystery. ;-)

conservative pilgrim on April 12, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Why CK gets his posts promoted more than others, however, is a mystery.

He/she doesn’t. I have no numbers at my fingertips but I’m sure Doc Zero and Karl have been promoted more than CK. I do, however, like posts that challenge conventional wisdom, partly because they’re more likely to spark interesting debate in the comments.

Allahpundit on April 12, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Really like Ryan. Beck…not so much.

Beck seems two turntables and a microphone short of a recording room.

GreenBlade on April 12, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Allahpundit on April 12, 2010 at 5:07 PM

It’s clearly because CK got an advanced shipment iPad and you wanted it.

blatantblue on April 12, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Ryan rocks!

FireBlogger on April 12, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Doc Zero gets posted pretty damn regularly compared to CK.

blatantblue on April 12, 2010 at 5:09 PM

O/T

beck looks a lot better without the blazer. it adds a good 20 pounds onto him.

blatantblue on April 12, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Dysentery!

The Ugly American on April 12, 2010 at 5:11 PM

I do not know why people allow someone like Beck to drag them down this path. Obviously, the world has changed since the days of Teddy Rossevelt. There was child labor, there were the robber barons, women did not vote in federal elections, there were poll taxes in the south, citing progressives from that era and comparing them to progressives now is ridiculous. For Chrisake, there was a time when socalled conservatives in the Church were outraged at the idea that the earth orbited around the sun. That has nothing to do with conservative principles today.

Beck is just trying to divide conservatives, to attack anyone who has a chance of uniting Republicans and to garner attention to himself. As usual.

Republicans good do a lot worse than Paul Ryan.

Terrye on April 12, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Esthier on April 12, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Well he is too smart to come right out and advocate for disenfranchisement, if he actually believes in it, but he deliberately gave a case for it. It’s an old trick.

MB4 on April 12, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Allahpundit on April 12, 2010 at 5:07 PM

That does leave the gate wide open, doesn’t it? Are there any other criteria involved?

DaydreamBeliever on April 12, 2010 at 5:14 PM

MB4 on April 12, 2010 at 5:12 PM

yep.

so when people actually mention something he can fall back and say

well i didnt endoooorse it

blatantblue on April 12, 2010 at 5:15 PM

MB4 on April 12, 2010 at 5:12 PM

OK, so even though he didn’t say that people who don’t pay taxes should have no right to vote, it’s possible that’s still what he meant.

Doesn’t really prove anything, and since he knows it would never even be considered by Americans, it seems somewhat pointless to assume that’s what he meant, as it stops the discussion before it can begin.

Esthier on April 12, 2010 at 5:18 PM

This proves Hot Air is not an echo chamber. I agree with the other commenter upthread that Beck read the article and placed a lot of credence to it because of the great reputation that Hot Air has. This incident and Beck and Ryan clearing it up on radio is good.

carbon_footprint on April 12, 2010 at 5:19 PM

Can we all just say that the whole idea of the “Green Room” was a bad idea?

Call me when the soap opera is over.

DaydreamBeliever on April 12, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Woah, hold on there a second, first, If there were nothing more than posts from Karl and Doc, the greenroom would be worth it, and I have enjoyed posts from Cassy, Anita, and The Other McCain to name a few. I’d call the green room a success without hesitation. So far at least. (of course I have missed most all of the recent drama, but that’s the beauty isn’t it? Read what you want and leave the rest, it’s not like trees had to die or anything)

JusDreamin on April 12, 2010 at 5:19 PM

Republicans good do a lot worse than Paul Ryan.

Terrye on April 12, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Beck practically proposed marriage to Ryan today. I think you didn’t listen to the clip… he actually used to word, “love” when referring to Ryan.

petunia on April 12, 2010 at 5:19 PM

Woo Hoo Troll Bashing…o wait. Green Room Again! Why all the hate’n?

I for one don’t always agree with the GR folks but Allah is right;

Allahpundit on April 12, 2010 at 5:07 PM

I do as well.

Brian on April 12, 2010 at 5:20 PM

But, he DID vote for the Bailout… Pence did NOT.

stenwin77 on April 12, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Allahpundit on April 12, 2010 at 5:07 PM

I’m all for spirited conversation, debate, exchanging ideas, etc.. We’ve been treated recently to a number of CK’s posts. I believe the last four (including his calling out HA commenters and the rebuttal to MC) have been edgy, bordering on combative. There’s a difference between presenting a solid, reasoned argument and just trying to argue or generate “debate.”

My point being there are other GR contributors who are worthy of front page or headline face time. My 2 cents.

conservative pilgrim on April 12, 2010 at 5:22 PM

I do as well.

Brian on April 12, 2010 at 5:20 PM

God forbid AP posts something that sparks debate.

Doesn’t he know that HA commenters and readers want

“CONSERVATIVES ROOLZ” type pieces?

blatantblue on April 12, 2010 at 5:23 PM

conservative pilgrim on April 12, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Good points.

INC on April 12, 2010 at 5:25 PM

CK did make a reasoned argument. Finding it unpersuasive doesn’t mean it’s not reasoned. It’s not like his/her posts are “HA commenters are teh suck!”

Allahpundit on April 12, 2010 at 5:26 PM

You should’ve gone with your original half-joking suggestion that various “trolls” be promoted to the Green Room to give everyone a really mind-blowing new perspective on things. I realise that might have caused a mutiny but it would still have been fun.

Most everything on HA is conventional wisdom – with the occasional slightly left-of-centre twist thrown in for ‘variety’.

aengus on April 12, 2010 at 5:26 PM

I’m glad that got cleared up. I didn’t see the Beck show where he proclaimed Ryan a progressive and couldn’t figure out where Beck was coming from. Ryan is one of our beacons of light and clear, Conservative thinking.

MainelyRight on April 12, 2010 at 5:26 PM

“What I wouldn’t give for a large sock filled with horse manure.”

Not sure who to attribute that line to.

tru2tx on April 12, 2010 at 5:27 PM

Beck’s transcript of this has Pat saying that he thought Glenn was going to propose to Paul after that segment. I missed the show. Did that part air?

sybilll on April 12, 2010 at 5:27 PM

Allahpundit on April 12, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Yeah, like FrumForum is just tearing up the internet lately, too. Any logic is good — skewed, unpersuasive, collapsing, inconclusive — it’s all good!

DaydreamBeliever on April 12, 2010 at 5:31 PM

unseen on April 12, 2010 at 4:52 PM

I.I.R.C., Voting for TARP was not a vote for the bailout of GM. That was added by Bush after the original program was voted in.

Buy Danish on April 12, 2010 at 5:31 PM

thmcbb on April 12, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Another who did not listen… where is all the Beck hate coming from? Makes one wonder if… naw couldn’t be.

petunia on April 12, 2010 at 5:34 PM

Allahpundit on April 12, 2010 at 5:07 PM

— I noticed that gift. A mystery wrapped in an enigma with a riddle on the side.

Americannodash on April 12, 2010 at 5:34 PM

Allahpundit on April 12, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Lokipundit [aka, Allahpundit] is known for bringing about chaos and discord, but by challenging the gods, he also brings about change. Without Lokipundit’s [aka, Allahpundit's] influence, the gods may become complacent, so Loki’s [aka, Allahpundit's] mischief does actually serve a worthwhile purpose.

MB4 on April 12, 2010 at 5:35 PM

sybilll on April 12, 2010 at 5:27 PM

Yes. Yet some commenters are accusing Beck of dissing Ryan. I think there is something weird going on here.

petunia on April 12, 2010 at 5:36 PM