Video: Alan Grayson crashes the tea party

posted at 4:05 pm on April 9, 2010 by Allahpundit

A chance encounter from yesterday’s meeting of Orange County Republicans via the Tea Party Patriots. What happens when tea partiers meet a man fondly known to us all as Teacups? Magical things, my friends:

Tom Tillison of the Tea Party Patriots Live radio show and the Orlando Tea Party, had quite a lively discussion with Alan afterwards for 10 minutes. Tillison said, “I let him know that he’s a congressman and he needs to act like one. I reminded him that these are his constinuents.” Tillison asked Grayson, “Don’t you feel that you at least owe them an explanation for your recent votes?”, to which Alan replied, “I don’t owe them anything, they’re trying to defeat me.”

Tillison followed, “You are a U.S. Congressman and you approach these people acting like a thug.”….to which Grayson responded that he was “being attacked.”

Congrerssman Alan Grayson said, “There are 308 million people that pay my salary. Do you know what that breaks down to per person?” After Tom shrugged his shoulders insinuating ‘I don’t know’, Grayson repeatd the question with emphasis. Tom quickly replied, “I have no idea”. ”It’s pennies on the dollar”, said Grayson. He later said, “I took a pay cut when I took this job”.

Alas, that exchange wasn’t captured on video, but watch the two clips below anyway if only to see him panic when he notices the camera. I know you guys hate him and desperately want to beat him, but if there’s one House race I wouldn’t mind losing this fall, it’s this one. Granted, we’ve got a great shot at the seat — Republicans controlled it for 25 years before Grayson won in 2008 and Cook currently rates the district a toss-up — but this guy is a living, breathing refutation of the left’s moronic claim that they’re the “party of civility” or whatever, which makes him quite politically useful to our side. No matter what happens in November, he’ll still be doing smirky hits on MSNBC next year about how Republicans hate puppies. Wouldn’t you rather that he do them as a congressman so that Obama and Pelosi have to answer for him? To paraphrase Lincoln, “We cannot spare this man. He reeks.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

We can spare him.

mwdiver on April 9, 2010 at 4:09 PM

Before the blogosphere, the MSM would have made sure that this sort of stuff would never see the light of day.

Cicero43 on April 9, 2010 at 4:11 PM

Asshat.

pain train on April 9, 2010 at 4:12 PM

Get him to run for president, then put up Palin or Thompson or someone else against him.

Trust me.

MadisonConservative on April 9, 2010 at 4:12 PM

Uh, no! Run them all out, every last one of them!! We don’t need to save this one for the purposes of Allah’s entertainment.

glennbo on April 9, 2010 at 4:12 PM

No, I want this sc*mbag removed from office.

JammieWearingFool on April 9, 2010 at 4:13 PM

It’s official, Grayson needs to be committed. This man is out of his mind. Who does he think he is crashing a meeting, in public and acting like an a$$?

milwife88 on April 9, 2010 at 4:13 PM

How many Republicans are running to defeat him? I think it’s in the double digits. :)

WannabeAnglican on April 9, 2010 at 4:13 PM

someone should have kicked him in the shin

Doctor Zhivago on April 9, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Chumps like Grayson are a dime a dozen pennies on the dollar, AP. Plus, once Grayson’s gone, think of all the magical things you’ll get to blog about when he passes the baton to a fellow Dem who gets to morph into Grayson’s role.

Christien on April 9, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Who does he think he is crashing a meeting, in public and acting like an a$$?

milwife88 on April 9, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Democrat.

mwdiver on April 9, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Who does he think he is crashing a meeting, in public and acting like an a$$?

milwife88 on April 9, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Your better.

catmman on April 9, 2010 at 4:15 PM

When have Obama or Pelosi or any lefty answered for Grayson? I guess I would buy your theory if anybody in the media/Democrat party ever acknowledged that Grayson was beyond the pale, but they simply don’t. So yeah, I can’t wait until he’s got his full time show on MSNBC…I don’t watch that channel, so I can forget about him.

AUINSC on April 9, 2010 at 4:15 PM

Grayson: He later said, “I took a pay cut when I took this job”.

Smart Power – he gave himself a pay cut.

Dr Evil on April 9, 2010 at 4:15 PM

He’s mentally ill. Really, there is no other excuse for this behavior.

Shiny_Tiara on April 9, 2010 at 4:15 PM

No, I want this sc*mbag removed from office.

JammieWearingFool on April 9, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Me too. The media simply isn’t paying all that much attention to his misbehavior.

Esthier on April 9, 2010 at 4:15 PM

there is no other excuse for this behavior.

Shiny_Tiara on April 9, 2010 at 4:15 PM

I think there is. He was trying to get a rise. That and the fact he’s an a-hole d-bag.

catmman on April 9, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Wow. Now there’s a congressman with GUTS!

/libtard

KeepOhioRed on April 9, 2010 at 4:17 PM

My parents always told me to aim high.

katy the mean old lady on April 9, 2010 at 4:18 PM

But just imagine the concession speech, AP.

Christien on April 9, 2010 at 4:18 PM

He’s my favorite congressman.

lorien1973 on April 9, 2010 at 4:18 PM

My parents always told me to aim high.

katy the mean old lady on April 9, 2010 at 4:18 PM

last thing you ever want to do is punch down

Doctor Zhivago on April 9, 2010 at 4:19 PM

We pay good money to the men and women in Congress. We set them up with awesome healthcare and a pension that is ever so sweet. We pay for lavish travel for their junkets and fact finding missions. We let them live as though they are superior to the people they represent.

Since we can’t do much to change all the perks of holding a seat in Congress, I’d like for all of us to do our part in making sure that each person collecting those perks and crafting our laws is at least a decent human being.

Grayson is not.

myrenovations on April 9, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Democrats in Madagascar. King Julian played by Alan Grayson. “It’s nothing personal…it’s just that we’re better than you.”

hoosiermama on April 9, 2010 at 4:22 PM

I can’t believe that one guy shook hands with him…..Everyone should shun him….He is such evil scum….

theaddora on April 9, 2010 at 4:23 PM

Let’s look at the facts of his actions. First he says that the republicans answer to health care is to “die quickly”. Then he attacks a private citizen for putting up a web site knocking him with a lawsuit saying she doesn’t even live in his district. And then we have this disgustion display of total deperation. I think he knows he is sunk and has no way of winning re-election. Desperate people do desperate things and this one IMHO takes the cake. In the day and age of modern technology where everyone has a cell phone with a camera/video he walks into a public establishment and goes off the reservation. Did he really think that this wouldn’t go public? Did he really think that he would get away with it? What kind of a moron do you have to be to pull a stunt like this? He reaks of desperation and IMHO is a whole new can of crazy!!!

milwife88 on April 9, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Esthier on April 9, 2010 at 4:15 PM

No, they are paying attention…they just condone it.

ladyingray on April 9, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Call the cops and have the abusive interloper cited.

mojo on April 9, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Can you imagine a Republican pulling this on a left-wing gathering and the media not taking notice?

RobCon on April 9, 2010 at 4:25 PM

In two years, I wouldn’t be upset if Alan Grayson’s Republican replacement responded to upset liberals in a similar manner. So “I don’t owe them anything, they’re trying to defeat me” doesn’t bother me.

The comment about 308 million bosses is a bit off-putting for a Congressman, though. His bosses are just in his district and not San Fransisco.

Mister Mets on April 9, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Question to be answered: How did Alan Grayson hear about the meeting?

??? What difference does it make how he heard about the meeting? What the heck was he doing there unless he was specifically invited? Man, we are becoming a nation of sheep.

whbates on April 9, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Wow, way to be classy, Grayson.

speed911 on April 9, 2010 at 4:27 PM

That’s hardly the point, you beady-eyed inbred. It’s your suckjob representation that’s at issue, not what you’re being paid per person for it.

CurtZHP on April 9, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Who produced this video? Stanley Kubrick?

RobCon on April 9, 2010 at 4:29 PM

glennbo on April 9, 2010 at 4:12 PM

I agree with AP here….this guy comes across as an abrasive used car salesman that will only fire up hard core lefties while annoying everyone else.

Patrick S on April 9, 2010 at 4:29 PM

No AP, he needs to go. And his beating should be of the magnitude that he’s too ashamed to make a concession speech. He’s an oxygen thief.

Enigma on April 9, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Didn’t Hussain also crash into a meeting in Copenhagen ?
Thugs follow thugs

macncheez on April 9, 2010 at 4:30 PM

We are trying to defeat you, you worthless, corrupt, incompetent hack.

You and everything you stand for and more importantly, all that you don’t.

Like your oath of office, which means as little to you as your constituents, apparently.

NoDonkey on April 9, 2010 at 4:30 PM

This is funny – Remember Kenny Roger’s song you picked a fine time to leave me Lucille?

You Picked A Fine Time To Lead Us Barack

With Lyrics like: While your out smokin menthol’s…..

Dr Evil on April 9, 2010 at 4:31 PM

hmm…what a loon!

becki51758 on April 9, 2010 at 4:31 PM

What a lowlife. It is APPALLING that he has a job, let alone is a Congressman. He’ll be getting taxpayer perks for the rest of his life.

He’s on my list of people whose opponents will be getting $$$ from me.

Stephanie on April 9, 2010 at 4:32 PM

Imagine being a person who actually voted for this loon. I’ve been disappointed in some of the folks I’ve pulled the lever for in my lifetime, but I have never actually voted for a crazy man. A total nutcase. A guy who brings to mind the phrase “He’s off his meds.” every time he opens his mouth.

I cross the street to avoid people like this; democrats vote for them.

Rational Thought on April 9, 2010 at 4:32 PM

Grayson is not.

myrenovations on April 9, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Nor is he worthy of those benefits and salary and to keep him around for amusement is the last thing we need.

fourdeucer on April 9, 2010 at 4:32 PM

Gee, ANYBODY can be a Congressman I guess.

RobCon on April 9, 2010 at 4:32 PM

The entire democrat party could be staffed with Grayson clones, and they’d still claim to be the “party of civility”.

I’d have thought by now, we’d learn that they won’t shy away from the most bald-faced hypocrisy, in fact the revel in it.

Defeat this fool.

Rebar on April 9, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Fox just picked it up.

Key West Reader on April 9, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Grayson is a great example of who shouldn’t be in Washington. There are many down here in his district that want him out, and lots of them voted for him.

BackwardsBoy on April 9, 2010 at 4:33 PM

As if Grayson is the only Democrat who exemplifies this? Don’t worry, AP. Once this bum is run out of town, someone else will step up and take the mantle. As long as MSDNC is around and willing to prop up the nuttiest of Dem politicians, there will always be plenty of Alan Graysons.

The man is scum. He deserves to lose and seat and he needs to lose his seat.

Doughboy on April 9, 2010 at 4:34 PM

Of course he’s a Democrat . . . who else could be such a flaming ass imbecile?

rplat on April 9, 2010 at 4:34 PM

Gee, ANYBODY can be a Congressman I guess.

RobCon on April 9, 2010 at 4:32 PM

That’s right! Even knuckle dragging Neanderthals from Falls Church Virginia, can move to a State during an election year, get elected and then wreak havoc. Those pesky Neanderthals.

Key West Reader on April 9, 2010 at 4:35 PM

The man is scum. He deserves to lose and seat and he needs to lose his seat.

Doughboy on April 9, 2010 at 4:34 PM

He bought his seat and he’ll buy it again in 2010 if we don’t stop him.

Key West Reader on April 9, 2010 at 4:35 PM

When did insanity become a criterion for being elected to congress?

OmahaConservative on April 9, 2010 at 4:36 PM

AP-I’m glad you use your powers for good, and not evil. I like the way you think.

ChristianRock on April 9, 2010 at 4:37 PM

In my fondest dreams–
Grayson and zero flip out together and share the same ward at the local state hospital. Perhaps matching straitjackets, even.

dragondrop on April 9, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Sorry, Allah. There’s just not enough upside to having him around. He’s gotta go.

DrStock on April 9, 2010 at 4:39 PM

You Picked A Fine Time To Lead Us Barack

With Lyrics like: While your out smokin menthol’s…..

Dr Evil on April 9, 2010 at 4:31 PM

You picked a fine time to f#$% us Huss’n
four years of misery and you still won’t be done
I’ve had some bad times
been through some sad times
this time its not gonna be fun
you picked a fine time to f#$^ us Huss’n

macncheez on April 9, 2010 at 4:39 PM

I wonder where this guy keeps his mother!

christene on April 9, 2010 at 4:39 PM

We can spare him. We have Franken in the senate and I have a feeling once Republicans win the senate (hopefully) Franken will give us lovely sound bites.

deidre on April 9, 2010 at 4:40 PM

These dems command our respect don’t they?

ohiobabe on April 9, 2010 at 4:42 PM

He’s one reason why I wish the salary for a Congressman/woman was like $25,000 with very little benefits. We need to get back to a situation where people seek higher office to serve the common good…not to enrich their own wallets. Maybe that’s just too idealistic anymore, though.

search4truth on April 9, 2010 at 4:42 PM

The only guy in the world that can make Al Franken look like a statesman.God help us!!!!!!

thmcbb on April 9, 2010 at 4:45 PM

WannabeAnglican on April 9, 2010 at 4:13 PM

List of Republican candidates hoping to unseat Grayson.
The Primary is Aug.24,2010.

redridinghood on April 9, 2010 at 4:46 PM

I like his tie…

Seven Percent Solution on April 9, 2010 at 4:46 PM

It is not your salary congresman, it is your spending! Go ahead and divide that one out for me.

AnotherOpinion on April 9, 2010 at 4:47 PM

1. Alan makes it clear that his pay is of primary importance to him.
2. Alan understands that he makes less than he used to.
3. Alan is therefore an idiot.

Patrick S on April 9, 2010 at 4:48 PM

No, they are paying attention…they just condone it.

ladyingray on April 9, 2010 at 4:24 PM

You’re probably right, sadly.

Esthier on April 9, 2010 at 4:50 PM

DrStock on April 9, 2010 at 4:39 PM

… and there are plenty examples of douchebaggery on the Dem side of the Congressional aisle – there’ll still be some around when this a$$hat is sent packing.

Midas on April 9, 2010 at 4:51 PM

Call the cops and have the abusive interloper cited.

mojo on April 9, 2010 at 4:24 PM

I highly doubt they’d actually charge him, but it would be an effective eviction all the same.

Cheez whiz, and these people are in charge.

Dark-Star on April 9, 2010 at 4:52 PM

You all now what would be even funnnnnier ?
Bob Beckel defending this jerk’s behaviour
Maybe Geraldo will praise Grayson for his ” courage”

macncheez on April 9, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Allah:
The fact is that the liberals love him even more when he is acting like a jackass. I would rather see him go, it doesnt do anyone any good to keep this moron around longer than neccessarry.

paulsur on April 9, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Allahpundit
—————————–
I’m so sick and tired of this type of stinking thinking. Democrats aren’t useful. Just defeat them. Jeez. They’ve already done enough damage.

fossten on April 9, 2010 at 4:59 PM

“There are 308 million people that pay my salary. Do you know what that breaks down to per person? It’s pennies on the dollar”, said Grayson.

So, if I give you a quarter, will you go away?

landshark on April 9, 2010 at 5:00 PM

I wonder where this guy keeps his mother!

christene on April 9, 2010 at 4:39 PM

She lives in New Jersey. She’s 76.

Key West Reader on April 9, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Allahpundit

Yeah, but who exactly makes any democrat answer for anything?

I have yet to see a reporter sticking a microphone in front of a democrats face demanding that they repudiate some remark that Olbermann said, like reporters have done repeatedly with regards to republicans and Rush Limbaugh.

Come to think of it, I have yet to see the media demand that any democrat answer to Grayson’s comments on the floor that republican’s health care plans were to “let people die”. Maybe I missed that woodshed moment.

Wishful thinking, Allahpundit.

I’d much rather see the bigmouth Grayson G O N E
from Congress for G O O D.

MississippiMom on April 9, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Not to ruin Alan Grayson’s delusion but he is not the President so he does not work for anywhere near 300 million people..he works for the people in his district only. Senator’s and Congressmen only work for the people in their district or state not the nation as a whole.

JKotthoff on April 9, 2010 at 5:04 PM

To paraphrase Lincoln, “We cannot spare this man. He reeks.”

Lincoln and Rickles all in one?

Very impressive, very impressive.

If Wayne Newton needs an opening act for his Vegas routine, we’ll put in a good word for ye’, AP.

SteveMG on April 9, 2010 at 5:07 PM

The AMG (Alan M. Grayson) Trust is a “citizen” of the Cook Islands.

Hmmm.

Key West Reader on April 9, 2010 at 5:06 PM

P.S. See Page 3.

Key West Reader on April 9, 2010 at 5:07 PM

How much Stimulus did Alan M. Grayson get? For his.. um.. District? Where did the funds go?

Key West Reader on April 9, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Wait, he certainly doesn’t represent me, the big old blustery bag of hot air (no offense to HA). He’s just another arrogant and divisive democrat that needs to be voted out in the worst way. Let him keep making a fool of himself, and thanks for posting the giant ignoramus for all to see.

scalleywag on April 9, 2010 at 5:14 PM

P.S. See Page 3.

Key West Reader on April 9, 2010 at 5:07 PM

And in case you are wondering, yes, Alan Grayson’s law firm out of Virginia is acting as “of Counsel”. See page 90.

Key West Reader on April 9, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Who does he think he is crashing a meeting, in public and acting like an a$$?

milwife88 on April 9, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Your better.

catmman on April 9, 2010 at 4:15 PM

Sadly, I’m sure that’s what he believes.

JetBoy on April 9, 2010 at 5:30 PM

RobCon on April 9, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Sure, because instead of a irritated but civil response, you’d have a bunch of lefties screaming at the top of their lungs.

ncborn on April 9, 2010 at 5:43 PM

WRONG ALLAH!

Barry and Nancy don’t ‘answer’ for Grayson. He’s their ‘go to’ attack dog when they don’t have the balls to say something themselves.

GarandFan on April 9, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Did he say the Constitution protects him from having a conversation videotaped (end of 2nd video)?

Is that like Biden claiming Roosevelt gave his fireside chats on TV?

selias on April 9, 2010 at 5:45 PM

Key West Reader on April 9, 2010 at 5:06 PM

How many times you going to post that same link? lol

Midas on April 9, 2010 at 5:49 PM

Insanity reigns in the Demoncrap party, why would we want to keep this particular crazy around. Fortney Pete Stark, old island flip over guy, Rose DeLoreo, Al Franken, Pilosi, Reid, Cinthia McKennie, and so many more. We need to bring sanity back as fast as possible and not keep some around for laughs, the laughs on us for crying out loud.

jainphx on April 9, 2010 at 5:51 PM

I’ve become convinced that 90% of those who desire a life in politics are fundamentally unfit for a life in politics.

Mike Honcho on April 9, 2010 at 5:59 PM

Anyone from this idiot Alan Grayson’s district who is stupid enough to vote for him when he is up for re-election is an even bigger idiot than Grayson is!

It’s very clear who Alan Grayson is in Congress for and that is Alan Grayson and only Alan Grayson.

pilamaye on April 9, 2010 at 6:10 PM

jainphx on April 9, 2010 at 5:51 PM

Hmmmmmm looks like he spent a few days in a Psychiatric Institute.

redridinghood on April 9, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Yeah, this was the crazy guy that went on with Chris Matthews and told him that reconciliation would be the way to pass health care reform days after the House passed their bill. And Chris basically called him crazy and asked how in the world they could do it? He thought he was an idiot…….
We need to start treating democrats like what they are.
The enemy. The enemy of our Constitution. The enemy to our freedom. The enemy to our rights. They are the enemy.

JeffinOrlando on April 9, 2010 at 6:15 PM

I just realized that this Perkins is the same one that Tiger picked up one of his girlfriends in…… Small crazy world here in southwest Orlando……………..

JeffinOrlando on April 9, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Smart Power – he gave himself a pay cut.
Dr Evil on April 9, 2010 at 4:15 PM

Smarter power!

Give him another pay cut!

DSchoen on April 9, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Mike Honcho on April 9, 2010 at 5:59 PM

FIFY

Tennman on April 9, 2010 at 6:24 PM

This man reeks of thuggery.

I applaud all of those who stood their ground. But please be careful. He’s obviously the type that would send his union goons after his opponents enemies.

What a snake.

jeanneb on April 9, 2010 at 6:26 PM

AllahPundit could careless about the state of the USA. All he cares about is having something to talk about everyday that p!sses people off.

Sultry Beauty on April 9, 2010 at 6:42 PM