Video: Alan Grayson crashes the tea party

posted at 4:05 pm on April 9, 2010 by Allahpundit

A chance encounter from yesterday’s meeting of Orange County Republicans via the Tea Party Patriots. What happens when tea partiers meet a man fondly known to us all as Teacups? Magical things, my friends:

Tom Tillison of the Tea Party Patriots Live radio show and the Orlando Tea Party, had quite a lively discussion with Alan afterwards for 10 minutes. Tillison said, “I let him know that he’s a congressman and he needs to act like one. I reminded him that these are his constinuents.” Tillison asked Grayson, “Don’t you feel that you at least owe them an explanation for your recent votes?”, to which Alan replied, “I don’t owe them anything, they’re trying to defeat me.”

Tillison followed, “You are a U.S. Congressman and you approach these people acting like a thug.”….to which Grayson responded that he was “being attacked.”

Congrerssman Alan Grayson said, “There are 308 million people that pay my salary. Do you know what that breaks down to per person?” After Tom shrugged his shoulders insinuating ‘I don’t know’, Grayson repeatd the question with emphasis. Tom quickly replied, “I have no idea”. ”It’s pennies on the dollar”, said Grayson. He later said, “I took a pay cut when I took this job”.

Alas, that exchange wasn’t captured on video, but watch the two clips below anyway if only to see him panic when he notices the camera. I know you guys hate him and desperately want to beat him, but if there’s one House race I wouldn’t mind losing this fall, it’s this one. Granted, we’ve got a great shot at the seat — Republicans controlled it for 25 years before Grayson won in 2008 and Cook currently rates the district a toss-up — but this guy is a living, breathing refutation of the left’s moronic claim that they’re the “party of civility” or whatever, which makes him quite politically useful to our side. No matter what happens in November, he’ll still be doing smirky hits on MSNBC next year about how Republicans hate puppies. Wouldn’t you rather that he do them as a congressman so that Obama and Pelosi have to answer for him? To paraphrase Lincoln, “We cannot spare this man. He reeks.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

The AMG (Alan M. Grayson) Trust is a “citizen” of the Cook Islands.

Hmmm.

Key West Reader on April 9, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Let me get this straight…

The guy was dumb enough to give 29 million dollars of his own wealth to crooks who bilked him.

So, we sent him to congress to help deal with our nation’s finances?

Oh. My. God.

trigon on April 9, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Key West Reader on April 9, 2010 at 4:19 PM

So basically he’s claiming he was dumb enough, greedy enough to dump $29 million into a classic ponzi scam?

DSchoen on April 9, 2010 at 6:44 PM

Progressives on Parade,more Grayson idiocy please!

canopfor on April 9, 2010 at 6:46 PM

He’s mentally ill. Really, there is no other excuse for this behavior.

Shiny_Tiara on April 9, 2010 at 4:15 PM

Most of congress is mentally ill! Granted Grayson is the most flamboyant… but everyone of the Democrats think the things he says. They are all just bonkers!!!!!

petunia on April 9, 2010 at 6:58 PM

Footage of Alan Grayson Playing Lawyer

canopfor on April 9, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Are there any good names that could take this guy’s seat? I’m ready to donate. This guy has got to go!

joedoe on April 9, 2010 at 7:33 PM

I have a feeling Grayson will announce that he has decided not to run for reelection this year (and I expect at the urging of the DNC/Obama/Pelosi/Reid machine). The sooner the better for the Dems of that district for Grayson is giving ample ammo to give the Republicans his seat. I believe that at this point, the only way the Dems can hang onto that seat is to get Grayson off the ticket and instroduce a dynamic Democrat candidate immediately to give enough time so the constituents may familiarize themselves with the new candidate. If Grayson remains, I predict he will lose in November. If he remains and pulls more stunts like this one, he’ll lose big. But as wacky as Grayson is, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he rebelled against the Dems (after they tell him to bow out) and ran as an independent with the main purpose of embarrasing the DNC. He’s just nutty enough to pull such a stunt.

Carl on April 9, 2010 at 7:45 PM

This guy is mentally unstable.

vcferlita on April 9, 2010 at 7:58 PM

He’s nuts and should have never been elected. Correct the problem in November

archer52 on April 9, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Carl on April 9, 2010 at 7:45 PM

His seat? Not enough. The Repubs need to make this guy the poster child for the Obama regime.

He is Obama’s twin that can’t control his mouth.

DSchoen on April 9, 2010 at 8:32 PM

Am I the only one that has noticed that Democrats elect the most unfit among us? Why is that? Do I sound like Seinfeld? Why is that? Not that there’s anything wrong with that…

M-14 2go on April 9, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Grayson: “You can record my conversation, that’s in the Constitution”?

I don’t recall many recording devices back in the late 1700′s. The guy is a moron who thinks his rhetoric is so clever and needs to be unemployed.

dthorny on April 9, 2010 at 9:35 PM

When have dopey and pelooser answered for anything? Beat the SOB so badly his mother disowns him. If she hasn’t already.

jdkchem on April 9, 2010 at 9:52 PM

My answer is no,I don’t want him acting like an ass as a congressman. it’s not worth it. he has to go.

azkag on April 10, 2010 at 12:21 AM

People don’t seem to get the punching they deserve anymore .

borntoraisehogs on April 11, 2010 at 12:00 AM

M-14 2go on April 9, 2010 at 8:51 PM

My theory is that some people who end up in Congress have really been “voted out of their neighborhood” at home.

This may be bad for the country, but some may see it as an effective way to rid themselves of an annoying neighbor.

landlines on April 12, 2010 at 3:12 PM