A “threat” against Christie from New Jersey teachers union?

posted at 11:30 am on April 9, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

The silliness over “threats” from political rhetoric may have peaked today, and this time it looks like conservatives are in danger of becoming shrieking hysterics.  The Bergen County teachers union offered a “prayer” in a memo that asked the Lord to call New Jersey Governor Chris Christie home to his reward.  Some will offer this as a tu quoque, but that’s as much of a joke as the prayer itself:

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie isn’t laughing about a teachers union’s memo that hints of his death.

The memo is the latest salvo in a war of words between Christie and the union over wage and benefits concessions.

The Record of Bergen County obtained the Bergen County Education Association memo that includes a closing prayer:

“Dear Lord this year you have taken away my favorite actor, Patrick Swayze, my favorite actress, Farrah Fawcett, my favorite singer, Michael Jackson, and my favorite salesman, Billy Mays. I just wanted to let you know that Chris Christie is my favorite governor.”

Association president Joe Coppola says the “prayer” was a joke and was never meant to be made public.

Christie spokesman Michael Drewniak says there’s nothing professional about the group.

Puh-leeze.  It’s obviously a joke.  Heck, it’s even structured as one.  It may not be particularly funny, and it may be entirely tasteless.  But no one can read that and honestly argue that it amounts to a threat, or even a serious wish for Christie to meet an untimely death.

We seem to be losing our sense of humor through an escalating tit-for-tat political-correctness war.  Conservatives don’t need to contribute to that trend.  Wouldn’t it have been better for Christie to say that the teachers union seems to be opposed to prayer in schools but firmly supportive of it to protect their own backsides?

However, we certainly can question why a teachers union is highlighting an accused child molester as it’s “favorite singer.”  That sounds like a setup for a thousand punchlines to me.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Seven Percent Solution on April 9, 2010 at 11:54 AM

I hope you are here in the future so I can read future comments from you. Playing with the “ban hammer” more than I dare.

mwdiver on April 9, 2010 at 12:00 PM

That’d make a great commercial. “Why should you vote Republican? Because Democrats are EVIL!”

Landslide victory, there.

MadisonConservative on April 9, 2010 at 11:51 AM

“Why should you vote Democrat? Because Republicans are EVIL!”

It worked for Democrats didn’t it? And it was a lie.

As long as the GOP walks around letting the Democrats accuse them of doing the things the Democrats are actually doing, then Europeanization, here we come!

uknowmorethanme on April 9, 2010 at 12:00 PM

My favorite teachers are in Jersey. Jus sayin.

Akzed on April 9, 2010 at 12:00 PM

Wait until Christie fires all of their a&&’s. The rhetoric will get worse. The union’s mantra has always been that the company or government is “holding out” and they have tons of money to give away. Stupid companies and wimpy government always comes up with more money. Or they did until recently. The golden goose has given up the last golden egg and it’s time everyone figures this out.
Time to downsize everywhere because there is no money tree.

BetseyRoss on April 9, 2010 at 12:00 PM

Yeah, that’s quite a joke. I can only imagine if it was from a tea partier and the subject were Obama and Pelosi.

changer1701 on April 9, 2010 at 12:00 PM

Robot Theatre by Redeye – that is some funny stuff – makes fun of everyone and I laugh so hard I ache all over. Praying for a sitting governor to die THIS YEAR, not funny. Esp w/unions colorful history of actual violence.

Ris4victory on April 9, 2010 at 12:01 PM

Remember these jokes…?

(crickets chirping)

Seven Percent Solution on April 9, 2010 at 12:01 PM

You just know if I typed in a certain name, I be hammered off this site in a second ……. but hey, I’m only goofing around. You see, I wrapped it around a riddle.

Ain’t I clever stating my true feelings in a “joke”

Jerome Horwitz on April 9, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Just because it’s a joke, it doesn’t mean it’s appropriate. It just means it’s not a legitimate threat.

And really, I find it hard to believe most of you hadn’t already heard this one but with a Democrat in the final line.

Esthier on April 9, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Patrick Swayze a favoritie actor? Now that’s funny. What was he in, like one movie?

Yea, it might have been tasteless but a threat? Come on.

scalleywag on April 9, 2010 at 12:02 PM

uknowmorethanme on April 9, 2010 at 12:00 PM

How’s that presidential approval rating? How’s that congressional approval rating? Wow, painting tea partiers as evil racists really helped them regain Ted Kennedy’s seat, didn’t it? It really helped them win the governor’s seat of New Jersey, didn’t it? It’s really going to help them this November, isn’t it?

So uknowmorethanme has this great idea: let’s act the same way!

MadisonConservative on April 9, 2010 at 12:02 PM

mwdiver on April 9, 2010 at 12:00 PM

“Puh-leeze. It’s obviously a joke.”

Seven Percent Solution on April 9, 2010 at 12:03 PM

They forgot to add that Barack Obama was their favorite president.

thomasaur on April 9, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Winner! This should be Christie’s retort if asked about the “joke” by the press. That will expose the union for the ‘tards that they are.

Mallard T. Drake on April 9, 2010 at 12:03 PM

Not a joke….not funny

mobydutch on April 9, 2010 at 12:04 PM

Stand for what’s right and you’re going to get attacked.Guess that’s why we have so few standing up for us.

ohiobabe on April 9, 2010 at 12:04 PM

You might think this is a harmless joke, but what this will end up doing is giving the far leftists the green light to come up with “creative” ways to call for the deaths of people they disagree with.

OxyCon on April 9, 2010 at 12:05 PM

Rather than just the skill to sleep while standing up, perhaps they might want to pray for teaching skills.

Because currently, their students don’t have a prayer, but the taxpayers are stuck with the $15K per student tab anyway.

NoDonkey on April 9, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Obama is my favorite President and so is my wife!

Immolate on April 9, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Of course it’s a joke and, of course, it’s harmless. The issue is that Dems, and their supporters have no trouble saying these jokes and rightly so…but if a Repub. says something similar, watch out. That’s the point…hypocrisy.

Blaise on April 9, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Okay I apologize for taking this ‘threat’ seriously. After all the left have never before wished death on someone they disliked. /sarc

docdave on April 9, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Seven Percent Solution on April 9, 2010 at 11:54 AM

Exactly! Now let’s see how g__ damned funny that is.

petefrt on April 9, 2010 at 12:07 PM

So uknowmorethanme has this great idea: let’s act the same way!

MadisonConservative on April 9, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Why hasn’t it worked? Have Democrats cried wolf so often that people have been desensitized to the accusations? If that is the case then won’t highlighting this only enhance that and further delegitimize the accusations?

DFCtomm on April 9, 2010 at 12:07 PM

Ed, you are wrong. If either of my 2 kids had uttered that sentiment in school here in NJ, the PC Zero Tolerance Nazis would have had them escorted off the campus by the resident police officer and suspended them for several days.

There is nothing funny about the NJEA. They are thugs.

bloviator on April 9, 2010 at 12:07 PM

Seven Percent Solution on April 9, 2010 at 12:03 PM

I agree and I support your thought. Just hope Ed sees the humor and not make an example of you.

mwdiver on April 9, 2010 at 12:08 PM

This “joke” takes the form of a minced imprecatory prayer. Such prayer are really only news though, when directed against Democrats.

Akzed on April 9, 2010 at 12:08 PM

For crying out loud, I’ve got this joke via e-mail from several different people, all with a different punch line politician, depending on the political persuasion of the sender.

Sheesh.

Bob's Kid on April 9, 2010 at 12:08 PM

Immolate on April 9, 2010 at 12:06 PM

I like.

mwdiver on April 9, 2010 at 12:09 PM

Being humorless is a characteristic rightly associated with the far liberal left.

Dr.Gills on April 9, 2010 at 11:36 AM

Oh, they have lots of humor, when they’re making fun of us (case in point: The Daily Show) but when it gets turned around they get indignant real fast.

If you want humor, try using the left’s tactics against them. Their reaction is the funniest thing I’ve ever seen.

Kafir on April 9, 2010 at 12:09 PM

The whole idea is this…
The left does not do defense well at all.
When they’re on the defensive, they can’t function in their usual attack mode. They expose themselves for the (insert your own favorite ultradescriptive adjectives here) people they really are.
Shine the light on these idiots brightly and they CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!
(see Bart Stupak)

either orr on April 9, 2010 at 12:09 PM

Wow, didn’t realize there are so many people on this side that are professional victims, and find any stupid thing to get offended about. That used to be a trait of the politically correct, no sense of humor lefties. . Maybe you can call JJ & Al and get a march going.

MDWNJ on April 9, 2010 at 12:09 PM

Really with all the crap thats be thrown around by the Left about threats, this shouldn’t be seen as a joke. These teachers know their cash cow is ready to wander into oncomming traffic, so who knows what their up to.

Rbastid on April 9, 2010 at 12:11 PM

Where is Ed and what have you done with him?

Ed, have you lost your mind? Imagine if someone sent this “joke” to you? to your wife? your kids? your grandkids? haha. so funny. It’s never funny to joke about someone’s death.

conservative pilgrim on April 9, 2010 at 12:11 PM

MDWNJ on April 9, 2010 at 12:09 PM

Change this to a sign at a tea party rally:

“Dear Lord this year you have taken away my favorite actor, Patrick Swayze, my favorite actress, Farrah Fawcett, my favorite singer, Michael Jackson, and my favorite salesman, Billy Mays. I just wanted to let you know that Barack Obama is my favorite president.”

And see if you feel the same way.

lorien1973 on April 9, 2010 at 12:11 PM

One word:

Maccaca

BobMbx on April 9, 2010 at 12:12 PM

Turn this around. Had Christie sent this memo concerning the president of the teachers union it would be at the top of every newscast for at least 4-5 days.

fbcmusicman on April 9, 2010 at 12:12 PM

So uknowmorethanme has this great idea: let’s act the same way!

MadisonConservative on April 9, 2010 at 12:02 PM

I really don’t think you are this stupid, but you’ve proven me wrong before. I’m not suggesting the GOP run on a Democrats are EVIL! platform, and I never did.

So you’re advice, is for Republicans to continue to let the Democrats keep on doing it, since that’s how we got in this situation to begin with.

You can’t fight fire with niceness, you can’t ask the fire to please not burn down my home, you can’t ask the fire politely to go out. It will burn, and it will rage, and it will destroy everything in it’s path until it is extinguished.

You’re advice is to nicely ask the fire to stop burning (don’t forget to say please) while my advice is to call the Fire Dept and put the damn thing out.

The GOP doesn’t want to call the Fire Dept. and today we sit here with the roof about to cave in.

Yes, We The People are trying to put it out and re-enforce the roof, but the GOP is not even pretending to help outside of 1 vote, Obamacare.

The problem for the GOP is that they are just not as bad as Democrats in the eyes of We The People right now. They have no platform, they have no central theme going, they have nothing.

The entire midterm campaign will be to point at the Democrat running and say, “Do you really want a Democrat in power after all this?” I see nothing to make me feel otherwise.

uknowmorethanme on April 9, 2010 at 12:12 PM

Where is Ed and what have you done with him?

conservative pilgrim on April 9, 2010 at 12:11 PM

I think Ed is still sleeping after his flight to the SRLC, and AP is filling in under Ed’s name.

/sarc

mwdiver on April 9, 2010 at 12:13 PM

Christie must be doing a good job.

farright on April 9, 2010 at 12:13 PM

If you insist on fighting in formation like the Red Coats while your opponents are using guerrilla tactics, you aren’t going to win the war, folks.

Disturb the Universe on April 9, 2010 at 12:14 PM

Everyone that has posted that this is a joke, and we should treat it as such is right, but that true in a conservative world governed by common sense. We don’t live in that world. Do you think the Democrats are going to stop with the false accusations and drama when a conservative has the bad taste to make a similar joke? We know they won’t so the only defense is to make the issue so silly that the public ignores it all together.

DFCtomm on April 9, 2010 at 12:15 PM

MadisonConservative on April 9, 2010 at 11:59 AM

Viral emails are, for the most part, silly. I prefer to ignore stuff like this. I saw no indication that the governor’s office is who leaked the “joke” to the press. I am pretty sure the press would have not know a moments hesitation to make Gov. Christie appear thin skinned. Instead his comment seemed to indicate that he thinks his partners in these negotiations may not be very serious.

Cindy Munford on April 9, 2010 at 12:15 PM

Sheesh.

Bob’s Kid on April 9, 2010 at 12:08 PM

Do you think your boss would appreciate you putting his/her name into this “joke”?

I bet you wouldn’t have a job if you did and your boss found out about it.

Guess who the Teacher’s Union’s boss is?

uknowmorethanme on April 9, 2010 at 12:16 PM

/sarc

mwdiver on April 9, 2010 at 12:13 PM

I dunno. This is one issue that even AP would get the seriousness and not find it funny. I think.

conservative pilgrim on April 9, 2010 at 12:16 PM

conservative pilgrim on April 9, 2010 at 12:11 PM

you’re 100% right Pilgim..
i retract saying i thought it was pretty funny…
and ditto everyone who says fill in “Barry Oboobi” and see how the dhimicrats would react when their sacred cow (yes you could substitute “favorite first lady”) too… would react then

max1 on April 9, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Disturb the Universe on April 9, 2010 at 12:14 PM

This concept is apparently very difficult for GOP types to wrap their heads around.

uknowmorethanme on April 9, 2010 at 12:18 PM

I thought it was funny. This is an old joke that’s been going for years and years. The names just change.

ButterflyDragon on April 9, 2010 at 12:19 PM

Oops, Ed. Sorry.

Priscilla on April 9, 2010 at 12:19 PM

That’s gotta be the ugliest photo of Michael Jackson EVAH!!!

Dear Lord, my favorite teachers are in Bergen County.

Steve Z on April 9, 2010 at 12:19 PM

…their sacred cow (yes you could substitute “favorite first lady”) too… would react then

max1 on April 9, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Now that was funny!

mwdiver on April 9, 2010 at 12:19 PM

uknowmorethanme on April 9, 2010 at 12:18 PM

And yet they wonder why they lose elections.
And yet they wonder why 3rd parties look attractive.
Sigh

Disturb the Universe on April 9, 2010 at 12:20 PM

ButterflyDragon on April 9, 2010 at 12:19 PM

That’s not the point though, is it?

lorien1973 on April 9, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Governor Christie has taken on a giant of debt. Can you imagine what will be done or said when we get a president who seriously tries to curtail the debt of the United States? Maybe I should have said IF we get a president who tries to curtail the debt. The governor needs our support especially from the unions. The battle is serious, dead serious.

mobydutch on April 9, 2010 at 12:20 PM

uknowmorethanme on April 9, 2010 at 12:12 PM

…let the Democrats keep on doing it? Since when does the GOP have any control over how the DNC determines its talking points? Again, using their approach, they’ve dug themselves into a political grave…and you want to take that approach and mimic it. Fight sinking failure with sinking failure? That’s all the GOP has been doing for the last decade. The focus needs to be less on Republican vs. Democrat, but liberal vs. conservative. The GOP has been pushing socialism lite for years. Attacking the other side for feeding the public a slightly stronger brew of socialism isn’t the answer. Pushing conservatism is.

You’re the one pegging the opposing political party as “evil”, and saying it in conjunction with your ire at the GOP for not being more combative with Democrats(a point we’re in agreement on). I think Michael Steele sucks and needs to be canned. However, if he’s replaced with someone who shares your rhetoric, describing one of the two major political parties as “evil”, I think it will be just as disastrous.

MadisonConservative on April 9, 2010 at 12:21 PM

While I can agree that this was just an old joke I am curious as to how

constitutes outrage or indicates that “conservatives are in danger of becoming shrieking hysterics.”

Would it have been funnier if Christie’s response was “Maybe we should have open hunting season on teachers so we can save money by not paying for their healthcare?”

katiejane on April 9, 2010 at 12:21 PM

I’m not outraged or upset over the joke, but I am sick of hearing that we need to be the “better man” every single time something like this comes up.

In case you haven’t noticed, the left continues to shriek about every perceived threat of violence from any speech regardless of intent. We’re not going to win by continuing to allowing ourselves to be runover.

darury on April 9, 2010 at 12:22 PM

It’s a joke. Not the greatest one out there, but I recognize the attempted humor and acknowledge what their sentiments were.

I’m not losing sleep over this. There are far bigger fish to fry out there.

itzWicks on April 9, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Let’s see the Tea Party offer a ‘prayer’ for the early demise of Barack Obama and wait for the liberal response when their told ‘it was a joke’.

GarandFan on April 9, 2010 at 12:23 PM

More likely he’d get a little visit from the FBI.

Disturb the Universe on April 9, 2010 at 11:45 AM

Yep. It is illegal even to joke about harming the President. The Secret Service takes even “jokes” seriously.

Deserves repeating, tho’:

We seem to be losing our sense of humor through an escalating tit-for-tat political-correctness war. Conservatives don’t need to contribute to that trend.

These are tense times. I am seeing firsthand and experiencing firsthand the effects of the Dhimmicrats’ (and Republicans’) disastrous fiscal policies.

But one of the strengths of America is our sense of humor. Don’t let the “Woe is me.” mindset of the left permeate like leaven into your thinking.

Life ain’t fair, but:

Our God is great. He is good. People are crazy.

Don’t let idiocy of the left steal your joy and sense of humor.

davidk on April 9, 2010 at 12:23 PM

mobydutch on April 9, 2010 at 12:20 PM

I have been following Christie a bit since I heard about his 216 executive orders to cut spending, and I think I may have found my dark horse for 2012. Christie 2012!!

DFCtomm on April 9, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Disturb the Universe on April 9, 2010 at 12:14 PM

Yes !! It may be a joke, but I’m tired of the hypocrisy from the left ……… put them on the defensive and make them play by their own rules !!

Am I being a little too over dramatic here when I say we may be fighting for the future of a free America here people, and we need to challenge them with both barrels blazing ??

Jerome Horwitz on April 9, 2010 at 12:23 PM

This is funny! Those who want God out of public life are ‘praying’?

God doesn’t hear the prayers of unbelievers until they ask forgiveness. Then the Most High pays attention.

These people are a laugh-a-minute.

Liam on April 9, 2010 at 12:24 PM

On the plus side, in future campaign ads, Christie can include this as a positive endorsement from the union.

lorien1973 on April 9, 2010 at 12:25 PM

That’s gotta be the ugliest photo of Michael Jackson EVAH!!!

By the way, Bergen County has the fourth highest per capita income of New Jersey’s 21 counties. Maybe the teachers should be praying,

“Oh Lord, won’t you buy me a Mercedes Benz?”

Steve Z on April 9, 2010 at 12:27 PM

Good thing they didn’t go on to say that Obama is their favorite president, because that would be RACIST!

Lily on April 9, 2010 at 12:27 PM

That’s not the point though, is it?

lorien1973 on April 9, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Pretty sure the point was to make someone laugh.

People are looking for a bogeyman where none exist in an attempt to score political points.

It’s going to come across as petty to the average person in my opinion.

ButterflyDragon on April 9, 2010 at 12:27 PM

While I can agree that this was just an old joke I am curious as to how

katiejane on April 9, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Great point; there’s nothing in that response that would seem to warrant a warning that conservatives are in danger of anything remotely like ‘becoming shrieking hysterics’.

Midas on April 9, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Jerome Horwitz on April 9, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Shrieking hysteric alert! Shrieking hysteric alert!

Midas on April 9, 2010 at 12:30 PM

posted at 11:30 am on April 9, 2010 by Ed Morrissey O’Reilly

dmann on April 9, 2010 at 12:31 PM

Seven Percent Solution on April 9, 2010 at 11:54 AM

I actually had a good laugh when that exact email was forwarded to me months ago. Nothing that hasn’t already been said. lol

sisterchristian on April 9, 2010 at 12:32 PM

ButterflyDragon on April 9, 2010 at 12:27 PM

I get the joke. It’s cute. But it’s not really Ed’s, yours or my job to go (in advance) excusing this sort of thing. You bank this sort of stuff; then when they come at you with phony racism/violence claims, you whip this out. but you don’t go apologizing in advance for their stupidity.

lorien1973 on April 9, 2010 at 12:36 PM

Folks, this is an over reaction on almost every level. This was an internal memo that the newspaper got a hold of. They showed it to the governor’s office and as noted the reply is rather mild. Gov. Christie’s isn’t over reacting to this, this thread is. Can anyone in their right mind state that adding that joke to a an institutional memo is professional. Stop acting like the governor requested extra security over the joke.

Cindy Munford on April 9, 2010 at 12:37 PM

what exactly is yoru problem Ed? It is a tasteless joke and makes the union look even more childish and pathetic than usual. I don’t think it should be taken seriously as a death threat, but to use the tried and true line, imagine if it was Obama that was the punchline here.

No, shine light on this lame joke and the sickness that is the teachers union.

Daemonocracy on April 9, 2010 at 12:37 PM

max1 on April 9, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Cows are indignant.

Schadenfreude on April 9, 2010 at 12:38 PM

“Dear Lord this year you have taken away my favorite actor, Patrick Swayze, my favorite actress, Farrah Fawcett, my favorite singer, Michael Jackson, and my favorite salesman, Billy Mays. I just wanted to let you know that Barak Obama is my favorite Precedent.”

FIFY. Howls of outrage from the Usual Suspects in 3…2…1..

I R A Darth Aggie on April 9, 2010 at 12:40 PM

I like jokes that show a little creativity and subtlety. This one has elements of both. But I have to agree it’s probably inappropriate. I chuckled when I saw it with Obama as the target. What can I say–inappropriate is often amusing.

But let’s not overreact and put a card in the libs’ deck. This thing originated on our side.

Dee2008 on April 9, 2010 at 12:42 PM

I don’t think this constitutes a threat, but as a teacher, I’m disgusted by how unprofessional the “joke” is.

Teachers’ unions perpetuate our often-abysmal reputation. it’s sickening and disheartening.

I’m waiting for the NEA to denounce this “joke”. Not holding my breath, though….

Grace_is_sufficient on April 9, 2010 at 12:43 PM

scalleywag on April 9, 2010

Whoa there, buddy. There’s a Swayze movie for everyone. Chicks love him for Dirty Dancing and Ghost, while guys love him for Road House, Next of Kin and Red Dawn (a great anti-commie movie).

BuzzCrutcher on April 9, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Let’s face it, God lets the weeds grow up right alongside the flowers. He’ll straighten this all out in the end. It’s just frustrating to watch the weeds flourish.

Mojave Mark on April 9, 2010 at 12:44 PM

How hateful of the “Association” to offer a prayer that discriminates against Islam!

olesparkie on April 9, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Hello? Is anyone here listening. THIS JOKE WAS STARTED BY CONSERVATIVES WITH OBAMA AS THE TARGET.

Stop with the “what if it was Obama” stuff. It WAS.

Dee2008 on April 9, 2010 at 12:44 PM

I got that joke in email a couple of weeks ago with Obama as the punch line.

sandspur on April 9, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Not to mention one of the funniest SNL episodes evah with Chris Farley.

olesparkie on April 9, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Landslide victory, there.

MadisonConservative on April 9, 2010 at 11:51 AM
———-
Yeah that never works for the Democrats does it.

/s

fossten on April 9, 2010 at 12:49 PM

Hysterics, nuance or fed up with hypocrisy.

April 7, 2010
Will Republicans finally admit fault in health care threats?

Those threats against Democrats over the health care overhaul that some Republicans pooh-poohed as so much paranoia?

Well, they’re real enough that authorities have arrested a San Francisco man today for vowing harm against House Speaker Nancy Pelosi after taking another man into custody Tuesday for threatening to kill Senator Patty Murray of Washington state.

The FBI apprehended Gregory Lee Giusti, 48, at his San Francisco home shortly after noon. The Associated Press quotes several federal officials who said the man made dozens of calls to Pelosi’s homes in California and Washington, D.C., as well as to her husband’s business office. They said he recited her home address and said if she wanted to see it again, she would not support the health care bill.

“After an investigation into threats made against Speaker Pelosi, an arrest has been made in San Francisco. The Speaker thanks the FBI, the Capitol Hill Police, House Sergeant at Arms, and other law enforcement officials for their professionalism in this matter,” Brendan Daly, a spokesman for Pelosi, said in a statement. “She will have no further comment at this time.”

As we said in an editorial, Republicans bear at least some of the responsibility for the threats with the volume and vitriol of their attacks on Democrats during the debate.

Now that people are actually being charged with the threats, we’re still waiting for any senior Republican to accept that responsibility and issue any kind of apology.

Categories: Foon Rhee

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/swarm/#ixzz0kceXN60x

Speakup on April 9, 2010 at 12:50 PM

Stop with the “what if it was Obama” stuff. It WAS.

And the reaction from the Left was…what, exactly? anything more than “Ha. Ha. Not funny.” says they’re hippocrites.

My guess is more than a few of ‘em called for the FBI to investigate the threat against the Precedent.

I R A Darth Aggie on April 9, 2010 at 1:09 PM

The left is actually praying? And mentioning God?

Marybeth on April 9, 2010 at 1:10 PM

Stop with the “what if it was Obama” stuff. It WAS.

Dee2008 on April 9, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Hellooooo! We have a new troll OMG!

Helloooooo? It was Pelosi as the punchline, and I don’t recall any of us unedjeekated teabaggers including that in our official nutwing publeekashuns. Helloooo!

Laura in Maryland on April 9, 2010 at 1:16 PM

How about that it was insulting? Is that a good enough reason for a Republican to get mad?

Only a conservative could take an insulting, juvenile taunt, made by a teachers union no less, and turn it around and blame the target for not being a good enough sport about it.

Jaynie59 on April 9, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Be not deceived—–

dragondrop on April 9, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Every time I hear news like this that the unions are complaining about Christie I think Good he is keeping his word to the people who elected him.

As for the Michael Jackson is their favorite singer set up…I’m not touching it “It’s like taking candy from a baby” Remember stranger danger you teach your kids, don’t take candy from strangers or teacher unions aka Michael Jackson’s fan club.

Dr Evil on April 9, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Okay Ed, if you’re up for recycled humor:

Two HA trolls from the overnight shift were sitting on a bench outside taking a break, and one says to the other, ‘Which do you think is farther away… China or the moon?’ The other troll turns and says ‘Helloooooooooo, can you see China?????’

Laura in Maryland on April 9, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Laura in Maryland on April 9, 2010 at 1:16 PM

You use words like ‘teabaggers’ and you call ME a troll?

I received the joke in an email and it was about Obama. Many people also posted it as their Facebook status, and it was about Obama. If you actually read what’s in this thread, you’ll see I’m not the only one who saw the joke with Obama as the target.

Pelosi or Obama–it makes no difference. This joke started on the right and if someone on the left has decided run with it, we have only ourselves to blame.

Dee2008 on April 9, 2010 at 1:28 PM

Actually, I would just argue it this way; show examples of what the leftists and Obama Party have done to conservatives who said something similar, and make a demand for equal treatment.

And if they don’t, simply point out that their version of “equal treatment” involves them being treated differently than they treat others.

Remember, the Alinsky playbook is to hold others to THEIR standards. Doesn’t mean you have to adopt them yourself.

northdallasthirty on April 9, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Dee2008 on April 9, 2010 at 1:28 PM

You picked up on teabagger and couldn’t get the rest of the sarcasm. You really are a whiney victim troll.

Laura in Maryland on April 9, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Laura in Maryland on April 9, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Wow, I didn’t realize school let out so early. I didn’t expect children on the playground this early in the day.

My suggestion for you, Laura, is that you look up the meaning of ‘troll.’ Nothing I have ever posted at Hot Air, since joining 2 years ago, has ever met that definition.

You, on the other hand, with your over the top attempts to disrupt the conversation, fit the definition perfectly.

Now I have work to do, so will leave you to your playground.

Dee2008 on April 9, 2010 at 1:42 PM

I know how we can do a test to see if the left would get upset if President Obama was inserted into the slot where Christie was listed. Then, send it to president@whitehouse.gov. I am sure we will then see how funny they think it is is. Anyone volunteer? Anyone? Beuler? Beuler?

Yeah, crickets. Just as I thought.

mwdiver on April 9, 2010 at 1:42 PM

Dee2008 on April 9, 2010 at 1:28 PM

That joke is older than the current election cycle so to say that the right “started it” is a stretch.

katiejane on April 9, 2010 at 1:44 PM

Dee2008 on April 9, 2010 at 1:42 PM

Aw…you don’t have some departing version of “hellooo?” while the screen door does what it does? Allow me: Buh Bye!

Laura in Maryland on April 9, 2010 at 1:44 PM

This thing originated on our side.

Dee2008 on April 9, 2010 at 12:42 PM

And you know this how?

mwdiver on April 9, 2010 at 1:46 PM

Ahhh… The excuse maker extraordinaire in full swing. We Republicans do stupid things that can easily be construed as a joke and Liberals use it to hysterics the meme is: “Republicans are just NOT good joksters and should have known better…” Flip the switch and the new meme is “Republicans should know better how to take a joke…” Who needs enemies when our friends are so helpful to the opposition. Thanks for nothing.

Sultry Beauty on April 9, 2010 at 1:52 PM

BTW–If HA has actually READ the polls they keep posting on their site, maybe you’d realize that I’m NOT giving anyone on the Left a break, benefit of the doubt, a pass, an out, or anything else similar under the sun. I’m done taking it on the chin. 50% of your contributors don’t even believe in God or turning the other cheek. Why should I be forced by these very same folks to do it? I’M SIMPLY NOT GONNA DO IT ANYMORE!!!

Sultry Beauty on April 9, 2010 at 1:58 PM