Audio: Pelosi’s a nice lady and beware of Fox News, says … Tom Coburn?

posted at 4:47 pm on April 6, 2010 by Allahpundit

Via Breitbart. Not the first time that one of the Senate’s most stalwart conservatives has shown kindness to a prominent liberal. Remember that C-SPAN interview where he called The One a “wonderful man” and talked about writing him notes to “encourage him”? Encourage him on what, I wonder. Socializing American health care?

Coburn has enough goodwill among the base that he could call Glenn Beck the devil and name Harry Reid “World’s Greatest Grandpa” and his cred would still be secure. Even so, I’m fascinated by the slim possibility that he might be telling the truth here and not just blowing smoke about how super cool the left is for civility’s sake. Can it be true? Madam Speaker, the salt of the earth? Aside from Alan Grayson, she’s pretty much rock bottom on my list of “pols I’d like to have a beer with.” But who knows? After 15 Heinekens, the idea that we need to pass massive welfare-state legislation before we can know what’s in it might start making sense to me.

Exit question: How long before Fox News drops one of its patented nasty press releases on TC for what he said here? E.g., “We wish Dr. Coburn well with his fledgling Senate career.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

read my previous post–you’re on it.

Be VERY careful how you speak to us from now on. The heyday of you libs, with your slanders and racism, is over.

Don’t like it? TFB. Go to Admin, because the instant one of YOU slips a hair out of line of site rules, I go to Admin about YOU.

Got it?

Liam on April 6, 2010 at 9:54 PM

When AP or Ed has posted a notice advising that you have been deputized to police comments you deem out of line perhaps people will take you seriously.
For now you are acting like Barney Fife.

Bradky on April 6, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Coburn: Nancy’s great.

Levin: Coburn’s a hump.

Advantage: Levin

Get your head out of your a** Tom and start acting like a leader.

russcote on April 7, 2010 at 12:16 AM

Coburn doesn’t understand the big picture. He’s good on some issues, but the big picture of what is happening in our country is beyond his understanding.

Saying “Nancy Pelosi is a nice person” is like saying “Hitler was pleasant at dinner parties.”

Coburn, we don’t care about NICE.

We care about what she and Reid and Obama are doing to our country, our freedom,
our society. They are dismantling it on a different front every day, and at full speed to get as much done as they can before November. Coburn…WAKE UP!! And quit trashing the only tv news outlet which stands up to the liberal media bias.

Mark7788 on April 7, 2010 at 12:40 AM

Well Pelousi is at the top of my beer buddy list. I have a lot to tell her.

Maybe you do, too.

Sherman1864 on April 7, 2010 at 2:39 AM

I love getting lectures on the need for civility with remorseless slanderers like Pelosi from oblivious, naive people who are obviously susceptible to Stockholm Syndrome. He’s an offensive fool as dangerous as McCain, another Republican who finds it easier to criticize his political allies than his opponents.

Coburn shows he has the judgment and discernment of women who stick with abusive men because they “know” the abusive guys love them down deep. Spare us from your hearing your stupidity by shutting up, Coburn, you idiotic doormat.

Bizarro No. 1 on April 7, 2010 at 4:28 AM

ANOTHER NEOCON IN COBURN EXPOSED!

BobAnthony on April 7, 2010 at 7:13 AM

Bradky on April 6, 2010 at 11:25 PM

I debated answering this for hours. But…

Like it or not, someone is going to further limit the slanders liberals post here. I don’t need ‘official’ validation to call slanders by the liberals on their merits; I don’t need ‘sanction’ by Admin to call them on their own stuff.

That hurt, that liberals don’t have free reign like they’re used to when Admin isn’t looking? Is my haunt somehow in ‘violation’ of slanderous liberals’ comments? Their First Amendment rights?

Admin decides when I make complaint. If liberals don’t like my complaints, then I suggest they don’t speak out of turn as they have for so long.

End of story.

Liam on April 7, 2010 at 8:19 AM

There are written rules of behavior for people in Congress and there are also standard conventions that govern how these critters talk about each other. But there is no rule that compels even the most polite Senator to egregiously lie about the Speaker by calling her “nice”. Honesty would dictate that he not speak of her at all in that situation. By saying something that 99% or more of conservatives know is untrue, it casts doubt on his overall judgement and reduces the value of anything that follows. By their fruits you shall know them, Senator. That Pelosi hag is bearing some nasty fruit. That you don’t know it or refuse to acknowledge it speaks ill of you.

SKYFOX on April 7, 2010 at 9:19 AM

Coburn can have his opinion about Nancy Pelosi… I still say she’s a stupid, evil c*nt. And no, Senator… FOX News is not to blame for people’s perceptions of her — she is. And what’s more, you doofus, try listening to CNN sometime:

D2Boston on April 7, 2010 at 9:20 AM

This is the reason all of them should be voted out. Get rid of them all…. and change out the replacements every 6 years.

kens on April 7, 2010 at 9:28 AM

Does the Senate associate much with the House? How much interaction would Colburn have with the Speaker of the House to even know if she is nice or not.

Or maybe she is only nice when out on the town tossing back a few her self. i.e. “God made alcohol as a social lubricant. To make men brave, and to make women loose.” Jack Houriskey (‘Just Like Heaven’ 2005)

Dasher on April 7, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Coburn advocates “guaranteed issue”, which if it stands will be a direct path to single payer. He cannot be trusted.

echosyst on April 7, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Chalk this up as more proof that the real “power” is behind the scenes and these morons are just pawns.

MobileVideoEngineer on April 7, 2010 at 10:41 AM

I own lots of guns.
So am I some wingnut to you?

Badger40 on April 6, 2010 at 7:00 PM

I’m wondering how many Bibles and guns you have to own to be considered part of a “Christian militia”.

labrat on April 7, 2010 at 10:42 AM

labrat on April 7, 2010 at 10:42 AM

That’s a good question. Probably just one of each. My wife and I have 2 guns in the house, a bow, and at least 3 Bibles.

So we’re probably on the list.

MobileVideoEngineer on April 7, 2010 at 10:49 AM

Any minute now the dems will return the favor, any minute now yep.

koolbrease on April 7, 2010 at 10:54 AM

I knew there was something about his face I didn’t like….I guess I can always sense weakness….

theaddora on April 7, 2010 at 11:49 AM

Nancy must have nekkid pictures of Coburn and…

eeyore on April 7, 2010 at 12:26 PM

Coburn is, at best, naive. Nice people do not become democrats. Only immoral people are democrats. When you vote to use a gun to steal from someone, you are a criminal. There is no way around it. People who support these crooks are not nice.

proconstitution on April 7, 2010 at 1:30 PM

D2Boston has provided a link you all should look at. I had another post but it,apparently didn’t take, but this is better, anyway. My comment was in reference to this clip from CNN. If she can’t make it at CNN, where can she make it? Crocodiles look like they’re smiling but I wouldn’t advise petting one.

LarryG on April 7, 2010 at 1:54 PM

I can handle disagreement, Tom. You can disagree with me all you want, and still be a good person.

When you TAKE MY LIBERTY, AND MY PROPERTY AT GUNPOINT, YOU ARE NO LONGER A GOOD PERSON, YOU ARE A CRIMINAL.

quikstrike98 on April 7, 2010 at 2:04 PM

I haven’t trusted Coburn since the Hillary/Obama debate, when Obama used Coburn to shield himself from his association with domestic terrorist Bill Ayers. To paraphrase: “Hey, he (Ayers) is just a friend — and I have lots of friends, like Tom Coburn, with whom I’ve cooperated on (insignificant) legislation…”

Coburn had a shot at undermining Obama in his response. Instead, he kindly affirmed that Obama was his dear friend, and basically ran from the fight. Thanks, but no thanks, Mr. Coburn. If you didn’t have insight into who Obama was/is then, I can’t and won’t trust your judgment now or in the future.

Nichevo on April 7, 2010 at 3:13 PM

I get the politics of praising Pelosi. What I don’t get is the attack on Fox News? What is that about?

jonezee on April 7, 2010 at 3:38 PM

So, I am supposed to think of someone who wants to deprive me of the treatment I have worked and saved for, the lack of which will mean a very slow and painful death, how could I possibly think of such a person as “Nice”?

Why is it ok for libs to threaten my life with a smile, but they are threatened with their jobs and WE are the terrorists?

Explain to me, Lucy, why any of us is supposed to take this like a smiling fool?

HonestConservative on April 7, 2010 at 3:39 PM

Yes, and I hear Hitler had charisma. /s

HonestConservative on April 7, 2010 at 3:40 PM

After 15 Heinekens, the idea that we need to pass massive welfare-state legislation before we can know what’s in it might start making sense to me even I might hit it.

FIFY Allahpundit…

fossten on April 7, 2010 at 3:45 PM

So we’re probably on the list.

MobileVideoEngineer on April 7, 2010 at 10:49 AM

OT: I’m sure I’m on the list myself. Odd how they can’t seem to find time to look into groups like this.

labrat on April 7, 2010 at 4:09 PM

I’m fascinated by the slim possibility that he might be telling the truth

He wasn’t telling the truth about pelosi, he was revealing the truth about himself. If anyone here hasn’t figured it out, there is a self annointed political class running this country. It’s made up of democrats, republicans and the media. coburn and boehner and mcconnell don’t consider themselves one of us, they consider themselves part of the ruling class. pelosi is their homegirl. That’s why the pressure has to be kept on them. They are already starting to talk about not being able to repeal nationalized health care. That’s BS, nothing is impossible, especially in the United States. When they were in power and could have dealt with the problems this country is now facing they decided to party hardy. And every one of the current congressional leadership was there when it was going on. They used the excuse that the democrats were blocking everything but if they had a quarter of the tenacity that the left exhibits they would have gotten some stuff passed and the democrats would own all the rest of the problems. We all like to talk about the you tube videos of the demofascists in a congressional hearing talking about how fnma had no problems and the impartial investigator trying to bring it to their attention was incompetent or stupid. We all seem to forget those hearings were under the gavel of a republican in a republican controlled congress and he let the dems call the shots and now we are where we are today and it ain’t getting better anytime soon.

The Tea Party doesn’t have to be tightly organized at the national level but each state should make sure all the groups are constantly in touch with each other and educated about what their senators and reps are up to no matter what party they belong to. I think the Tae Party’s in the states should visit all theit republican elected officials and let them know that if they appear more willing to work with their “good freinds across the aile” more then they are willing to fight for the Constitution then their will be a strong primary opponent waitng for them next time around. That is why we should all end a little money to Hayworth in arizona because we all know mccain is a snake and is old. If arizona sends him back for 6 more years it will likely be his last term and he and grahm will help put the nails in the coffin of the Republic.

peacenprosperity on April 7, 2010 at 6:25 PM

I guess in coburn’s world liars are good people.

peacenprosperity on April 7, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Coburn just did an Alinsky on Fox News.

mobydutch on April 7, 2010 at 6:34 PM

Coburn is another typical “Re-election over party,party over country” politician. He is not in sync with the tea party movement. He is not looking out for the interests of the US, he has no Libertarian viewpoints. This playing nice routine is what got this country where it is today. The Republicans need to go “McCarthy” on all the Dems, and this guy isn’t helping. If I lived in his district, I’d be pulling for someone else after this BS…..

adamsmith on April 8, 2010 at 7:43 AM

Taken in context, I won’t hate on Dr. Coburn. And yes, he is MY senator here in Oklahoma.

That said, the gentleman has to understand the full depth and measure as to how much loathing we have for Speaker Pelolsi. I intend to remind him of that in a polite and respectful email and voice message to his office.

Definitely not his finest moment.

itzWicks on April 8, 2010 at 11:21 AM

Coburn is a typical G-man, smarter and more knowledgable that us peons. Thanks for the advice, Tom, but Speaker Pelosi has shown enough of her comtempt for us “little folk” to cement her standing as no good to me. Actions speak louder than words, sir, and Madam Speaker has been screaching her comtempt for citizens who don’t align with her thinking for years. I make those decisions for myself regardless of how you view her. Vouch for her character all you want, it only makes you look all the more foolish for falling for her schtick.

Wonder if Coburn has seen the latest Gallup poll concerning incumbents — which would including electeds of both parties I presume.

wordsmithy2009 on April 8, 2010 at 11:24 AM

Coburn is, at best, naive. ….

proconstitution on April 7, 2010 at 1:30 PM

No, Coburn hasn’t had the opportunity to ‘play ball’ with the dems enough times. “Playing ball” with the dems mean all the Rs bend over and the dems shove a bat up their collective a$$.

belad on April 8, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Yesterday, I received (and trashed) three fund solicitations from Republican organizations. Until Repub’s in DC and elsewhere are able to locate their spines (and testicles) they’re not getting one damn dime from me. And if they can’t locate the aforementioned items prior to November, neither will they get my vote. I will simply stay home.

oldleprechaun on April 8, 2010 at 11:56 AM

neither will they get my vote. I will simply stay home.

oldleprechaun on April 8, 2010 at 11:56 AM

Hey, that’s the way to do it.

I guess the lesson from 2008 has sunk in deep enough. Well, one one time and I’m sure we will get.

belad on April 8, 2010 at 12:09 PM

quikstrike98 on April 7, 2010 at 2:04 PM

You get it!

BobAnthony on April 8, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Senator Coburn. Nancy Pelosi is not nice!! Nice people don’t cram a bill down our throat, that we don’t want, so we can find out what is in it. Nice people don’t throw the CIA under the bus claiming that they lie all of the time. Nice people don’t tear up about incivility of the tea party while accusing them of being Nazis. The list is endless. We can judge how “nice” she is by her actions.

Magnum on April 8, 2010 at 12:50 PM

He wants to be loved by his enemies so he plays along with the divide and conquer scheme which includes blaming Fox . Go back to medicine .

borntoraisehogs on April 8, 2010 at 5:31 PM

You know, this is what is killing us about supporting the GOP. You get someone that seems reasonable, and you start to put your faith in them, and then they hit you in the face with a shovel! Charlie Brown. Lucy. Football.

bofh on April 8, 2010 at 9:03 PM