Obama: America would have gone bankrupt if not for our new trillion-dollar boondoggle

posted at 4:48 pm on April 2, 2010 by Allahpundit

A transmission from Bizarro World via CBS’s “Early Show.” I know he has to say stuff like this — admitting that we just added more economic dead weight to an already crushing entitlement load would be politically catastrophic — but it’s still amazing to hear him say it. They really, truly are going to campaign on the idea that a raft of new federal health-care benefits is a money-saver, despite the glorious experiences of Medicare and RomneyCare and despite poll after poll showing that people expect costs to go up, not down. We can crunch the numbers every which way, starting with the original sin of gaming the CBO estimates to lie about the program’s real pricetag, but it’s actually more useful to revisit that golden SNL skit parodying Obama’s joint presser with Hu Jintao. One line says it all: “I am noticing that each of your plans to save money involves spending even more money.” That’s precisely the gut-level response most voters will have when they hear him talk like this, and it’s a huge reason why the polls on O-Care simply aren’t going to move that much before November. So if, as here, The One wants to console himself with the idea that “it’s only been a week!”, he’s welcome to it. The die is already cast. Click the image to watch.

o-bank

Comments

Arsonist with matches and accelerant.

daesleeper on April 2, 2010 at 4:51 PM

Either he’s an idiot or he thinks we are.

UnderstandingisPower on April 2, 2010 at 4:51 PM

This makes Obama as dumb as the congressman from GA who replaced Cynthis McKinney.

He also thinks that we are all as dumb.

Schadenfreude on April 2, 2010 at 4:51 PM

If you lie often enough, people will start to believe it. This administration knows it and is counting on it.

Monica on April 2, 2010 at 4:52 PM

It really is torture listening to him so I hope you don’t mind if I pass on the video clip. Afterall, AP, you get paid to do this and I don’t.

CliffHanger on April 2, 2010 at 4:52 PM

One big f***ing steal.

farright on April 2, 2010 at 4:52 PM

He’s either lying or delusional.

amerpundit on April 2, 2010 at 4:53 PM

the big lie.

rob verdi on April 2, 2010 at 4:53 PM

It’s the toughest interview EVAH!

Paul Revere_1 on April 2, 2010 at 4:54 PM

He’s either lying or delusional.

amerpundit on April 2, 2010 at 4:53 PM

Narcissists dwell in that sphere. It’s psychological.

He thinks we’re imbecils.

Schadenfreude on April 2, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Obama needs to work on his gusindas.

thomasaur on April 2, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Either he’s an idiot or he thinks we are.

UnderstandingisPower on April 2, 2010 at 4:51 PM

Oh, he thinks WE are. Definitely.

DrStock on April 2, 2010 at 4:56 PM

He also thinks that we are all as dumb.

Schadenfreude on April 2, 2010 at 4:51 PM

If sending more troops to Guam might “capsize” the island, Obama’s plans are far more likely to capsize an entire nation and continent.

TXUS on April 2, 2010 at 4:56 PM

All Obama does is lie. Come to think of it, that’s all the left ever does. If they ever told the truth about their agenda they’d be run out of the country.

darwin on April 2, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Which is happening faster the rate Obama is enriching himself or the rate he is bankrupting the country?

fourdeucer on April 2, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Doncha like the informal shirt sleeves and the homey subtitle “Obama One on One”? Just makes him seem so very accessible and in touch with us regular folks, doesn’t it?

/sarc If you need it.

DrStock on April 2, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Well Obama , rest assured that it will go bankrupt after your trillion dollar fiasco unless we put a stop to it and you. Your grasp on economics is even worse than mine. I’m so bad that until you came along I never thought that possible.

jeanie on April 2, 2010 at 4:59 PM

I seems to me leftists believe that economics is a human creation rather than a human discovery. Don’t like these economic laws? Well, let’s make better ones!

sandberg on April 2, 2010 at 4:59 PM

The die is already cast.

Yep, in more ways than one.

You’re such a good wordsmith.

TXUS on April 2, 2010 at 4:56 PM

Indeed, sadly. 53% put him there, for all of our demise.

Atlas will revenge in Nov. Otherwise the pivot capcizes for sure.

Schadenfreude on April 2, 2010 at 4:59 PM

HE. KNOWS. NO. BETTER.

He is an uneducated fool…pure and simple. I got $100 that if his transcripts were ever unearthed you would find he was an epic FAIL every step of the way…

winston on April 2, 2010 at 5:01 PM

And there are still 30%+ drones in this country who believe him. They all want some of his “stash”.

davek70 on April 2, 2010 at 5:01 PM

This is all a prelude to…

“See, I told you Capitalism doesn’t work!” – Barack Hussein Obowma

Seven Percent Solution on April 2, 2010 at 5:01 PM

It\’s funny I tell my Obama loving friends that he lies all the time and they always come back with \”Bush lied us into a war\” and since there is no way to convince them that Bush did not lie I say \”ok that\’s one, what else ya got\”…all I get is silence.

RobD on April 2, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Manboy who speaks much poo-poo has magic eight ball.

christene on April 2, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Well, you have to admire the liberal dedication to script. If only the Republicans could find a theme and keep repeating it, whether true or not. “Repeal!”, “Well, let’s repeal most of it!” “Hey, you know what, maybe this isn’t all bad.”

FalseProfit on April 2, 2010 at 5:03 PM

He’s trippin’…literally, too.

Check Ace’s for the vid.

Christien on April 2, 2010 at 5:04 PM

I won’t watch this jerk.
No longer do we need to ask: “How stupid does he think we are?” The question is: What will We The People be able to accomplish at the polls in November with respect to the party that is led by this lying imposter?

GaltBlvnAtty on April 2, 2010 at 5:05 PM

In an argument I got into on Facebook (yeah, I know, arguing online is like…etc), I had one person tell me this. I told her that this was the first step to taking over 1/5-ish of the nation’s GDP, and she told me that without the legislation, it would have rose to 1/3 of the GDP and we would be worse off. We’re spending money to save money. You know, like energy-efficient windows (the kind that keep heat in and such).

…yeah. It’s totally like that. Except it’s not. Oi.

JediArashi on April 2, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Of course he’s lying and he doesn’t care who knows it. He will do what he wants and between now and January nobody can stop him. Nobody. And even if the Republicans take control of one house of congress then, who’s to say they will have one functioning set of gonads among the lot of them. Thieves and liars on one side of the aisle and craven cowards on the other.
We can lure them in like flies to honey,
when we have the power to spend their money.

SKYFOX on April 2, 2010 at 5:07 PM

I GOT IT! Finally figured it out! Barry thinks he is in Brewster’s Millions! If he spends every penny the nation has and more, he is in line for a huge payday!

Daveyardbird on April 2, 2010 at 5:08 PM

The media doesn’t question a ridiculous statement like this?

Okay–next time we have a Republican in the White House, I want him/her to say, “Unless we spend the money to rebuild the Navy to 600 ships, the country will go bankrupt.”

That president won’t get in another word for ten minutes for the laughter and vitriol he/she would receive.

Liam on April 2, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Does he really believe his own bullshit?
We won’t go bankrupt because we’re spending this trillion dollars. That we don’t have. Really?
You’re either stupid or you think I am.

Sefton on April 2, 2010 at 5:09 PM

He’s delusional!

Dhuka on April 2, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Either he’s an idiot or he thinks we are.
UnderstandingisPower on April 2, 2010 at 4:51 PM

He’s not an idiot. He knows exactly what he is doing. Everything is going according to his plan. The mistake you and most others make is that you judge him against former presidents that took the job with the nation’s best interests at heart. Obama loathe the concept of the Shining City on a Hill and American Exceptionalism and Founding Principles. Loathes it to his very core and wants to destroy it.

The sooner all of us figure that out the sooner we can get him out of the White House.

turfmann on April 2, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Barry has to burn the country to save it.

Christien on April 2, 2010 at 5:11 PM

That’s our government.

CWforFreedom on April 2, 2010 at 5:12 PM

“The one thing I don’t do, Harry, is listen to anyone but the voices in my head.”

KJW on April 2, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Schadenfreud at 4:51. Obviously, we are a dumb as Obama thinks we are. We elected him, didn’t we? (Sans me)

Old Country Boy on April 2, 2010 at 5:12 PM

So going by the logic of the Indonesian imbecile,

if I see a very dangerous spike in my blood sugar level,

I should stuff my face with donuts ?

macncheez on April 2, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Why can’t just one “reporter” would ask Barry “where is the money coming from, champ?”

farright on April 2, 2010 at 5:17 PM

Liam on April 2, 2010

Are you hoping for an equal distribution of incredulity on the part of the media? The American media? The lamestream, hasbeen, Obama-fellating media who, according to Bernie Goldberg, don’t even know they are liberal and believe their leftist worldview is “normal”? That media?

SKYFOX on April 2, 2010 at 5:18 PM

would-a, could-a, should-a

Always impossible to prove a negative, that’s why Obama uses it so much.

albill on April 2, 2010 at 5:19 PM

This guy has absolutely no idea what he is doing . . . or doing to us. It’s frightening.

rplat on April 2, 2010 at 5:19 PM

And a liar!

Dhuka on April 2, 2010 at 5:20 PM

SKYFOX on April 2, 2010 at 5:18 PM

Yes, that one! And then I woke up from the dream. Man, unicorns really do sh*t Skittles and rainbows! LOL

Liam on April 2, 2010 at 5:21 PM

44% to 46% still approve of the imbecile, so either they know he is a lying douche and don’t care or they are dumber than a box of rocks.

farright on April 2, 2010 at 5:22 PM

This idiot, clueless, community organizer, needs to be impeached for violating his oath of office….. Protect and Defend the Constitution….. what a freaking joke!

ultracon on April 2, 2010 at 5:22 PM

. . . right. I think Obama likes to call that “investments” Tell her that it has been holding steady at around 14-16% of GDP since late 1990s. 1/3 of GDP?? She’s smokin’ somethin.

DrStock on April 2, 2010 at 5:23 PM

DrStock on April 2, 2010 at 5:23 PM

Yeah, that’s what I thought, too. Apparently I just don’t get economics (according to her). Also: it’s apparently useless to debate what the Founding Fathers would have wanted, because there’s no way we could know now, what with new technology and etc. etc…

Someone here on HA linked to an awesome letter that Ben Franklin wrote to the London Chronicle on redistribution and price controls and all of that, and it seemed to me pretty dang clear which way he would have wanted it, at least.

JediArashi on April 2, 2010 at 5:27 PM

Basic elementary school mathematics escapes this President
and some tout him as the Einstein incarnate.
This says everything there is to say about Washington.

elderberry on April 2, 2010 at 5:28 PM

Just wait until he sets up the Bureau for Economic Justice to make sure everyone gets a fair and balanced salary, especially those on welfare.

Dhuka on April 2, 2010 at 5:30 PM

This man is delusional and it,s going to get much worst as time goes on.I am afraid that if his pol numbers go much lower he will do something rash like Rush said a week ago he,s going to loose it one day and go ballistic.we are going to get lots of change but not much hope.

thmcbb on April 2, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Just like the stimulus would prevent the unemployment rate from going over 8%

vcferlita on April 2, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Related graphic: Obama Appoints Bizarro Economic Policy Communications Czar http://optoons.blogspot.com/2009/07/obama-appoints-bizarro-economic-policy.html

Mervis Winter on April 2, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Can anyone identify an instance when this clown has handled money responsibly?

Look at what he and Ayers accomplished in the Chicago Annenberg Challenge: they blew $161 million and accomplished nothing.

He’s an absolute moron, and–aside from his inane books–he’s spent his entire life living off the largesse of taxpayers or donors.

How the h*ll the magical 53% didn’t see this coming is beyond me.

BuckeyeSam on April 2, 2010 at 5:45 PM

YOU LIE!

Cicero43 on April 2, 2010 at 5:45 PM

Obviously Obama has a problem with reading, and reading comprehension.

The debt, and mess you have put this country in is BECAUSE of your rabid spending. Idiot!

capejasmine on April 2, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Obama: The One on The One

“… but enough talk about me. What do you think about me?”

ya2daup on April 2, 2010 at 5:49 PM

Dhuka on April 2, 2010 at 5:30 PM

This crap must be hitting Hollywood hard. I heard this morning, Charlie Sheen is holding out for more money, to do his show. He now wants 1.5 million per episode. I guess he’s worried about those taxes coming his way huh!? lol More like….Charlie Sheen: I believe in wealth redistribution. Just so long as it’s not my wealth. ;)

capejasmine on April 2, 2010 at 5:50 PM

winston on April 2, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Why are they not released?

Schadenfreude on April 2, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Wow- it’s raining on my leg- that’s odd.
Wait a minute, this isn’t rain.

jjshaka on April 2, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Those 0bama Z0mbies at Savannahnow believe anything “The Won” says.

JoeySlippers on April 2, 2010 at 5:58 PM

I think Obama is a true believer, he means this stuff. That does not make it right though. He is just an ideologue.

Terrye on April 2, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Why are they not released?

Schadenfreude on April 2, 2010 at 5:52 PM

I think because he was just passed thru. He couldn’t cut the curriculum, but they didn’t want to see him fail, so they just closed their eyes, and locked things up tight. Just like he, and Michelle…working so hard for their legal degrees, then giving them up? Just turning them over, and no longer are lawyers?

Then when this gets divulged, I read he had the information sealed? This man is corruption, thru, and thru.

capejasmine on April 2, 2010 at 5:58 PM

It is painful to watch or listen to this chronic liar. He does rely on the notion that all are stupid and they will listen to whatever he says. I have no respect for him or his bride.

rjoco1 on April 2, 2010 at 6:12 PM

CliffHanger on April 2, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Ditto! What’s that old saying about ‘great minds think alike’? Heh. I can’t even bear to look at photos of Obama these days. Overloaded exposure, yet somehow he thinks if he keeps talking he can convince people that what he’s saying isn’t an outright pack of lies.

Problem is that Obama’s so stuck in permanent campaign mode that he’s actually believing his own illusions of being talented enough to be able to convince people of anything in his con artist’s bag of tricks.

KendraWilder on April 2, 2010 at 6:12 PM

capejasmine on April 2, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Just like Nidal Hassan, the Ft Hood jihady ?
Hmmmmm

macncheez on April 2, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Stay tuned.

Next month it will be “Give it time, it’s ONLY been a month”.

COME ON NOVEMBER!

GarandFan on April 2, 2010 at 6:21 PM

Perhaps if all the Obamacrats went to the Left Coast, the left coast would tip into the ocean and we’d be done with this problem…

drfredc on April 2, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Monica on April 2, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Actually, that’s only true until the sale is made. When the negative consequences of a con are known before the con is completed, the con doesn’t work. By November 2, less and less people are going to believe the lie. I predict 120 seats change parties in the House. I also predict that Jug Ears approval ratings match Nixon’s by the end of the summer.

And we got Sarah. Game, set, match.

platypus on April 2, 2010 at 7:05 PM

I want to give Obama an Atomic Wedgie.

uknowmorethanme on April 2, 2010 at 7:09 PM

farright on April 2, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Or maybe they just cash their Government check every month
and buy a new Droid.

elderberry on April 2, 2010 at 7:28 PM

- Platypus – Tea party thinking has altered the political scene fundamentally. It will never go back. MSM is dead. Print media is dead. We own AM radio. We own the internet. –

Hold on there mate.

We don’t own the internet if only a few of conservative bloggers ever surf over to do battle on liberal and ‘moderate/independent’ blogs… It’s all fine and good here preaching and joking with the choir. One needs to man up and engage the left on their turf.

For example, take a few swings on Grist.org… Lots of meat to chew on there. See how long it goes before they stuff your computer with a banished cookie for just speaking the truth… The left doesn’t want to hear from anyone but their own limited preaching… It corrupts their ‘church’…

drfredc on April 2, 2010 at 7:37 PM

Debt is slavery

War is Peace

Have always been at war with Eurasia

angryed on April 2, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Why don’t any of these pussy @ss reporters call him on this sh!t?

Alden Pyle on April 2, 2010 at 8:30 PM

It also starts to solidify in the public’s mind that Obama is a bald faced liar. Another mortal blow to Hope and Change.

jnelchef on April 2, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Zero has absolutely no presidential image and is becoming more of a stand up comic every day.

Kissmygrits on April 2, 2010 at 8:54 PM

Moe and Curly musing about economics and angst among the peasants.

Where’s Larry?

JimP on April 2, 2010 at 9:04 PM

He and Nancy have been sharing the same needle, I see.

Clinically insane, the both of them.

HAnthonyWayne on April 2, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Anthropogenic GDP Wasting… they will tell you any lie that big government can save you from the greatest problems they can invent.

ajacksonian on April 2, 2010 at 9:46 PM

I swear that Obama must have his head up his a** just for the warmth.

BDU-33 on April 2, 2010 at 9:53 PM

You must name this the funniest video of the year! It’s outstandingly hysterical!

katablog.com on April 2, 2010 at 10:23 PM

Nah, most that voted for him don’t give a rat’s a** what the truth is or from which tree the free money falls. Remember, the woman that said obama was gonna pay her mortgage – well she was one of the group leaders.

katablog.com on April 2, 2010 at 11:07 PM

hence the reason not to bother with their blogs. They lie and sing the party song. They don’t want to hear the truth. They aren’t interested in the truth, they love their leader who has bought them a car company, given their blue states all the porkulus, tickled their ears, and created more slogans and logos that I a web developer could dream of! Free health care, a moratorium on foreclosures, unemployment insurance for 3 years and counting (I’ve got a sister on it and she loves it) and now FREE health care at someone else’s expense with the possibility of suing the states up the wahzoo! What more could you dream of?

katablog.com on April 2, 2010 at 11:12 PM

we are going to get lots of change but not much hope.

Honey, we’ve had lots of change and have no hope – nothing future tense about it.

katablog.com on April 2, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Either he’s an idiot or he thinks we are.

UnderstandingisPower on April 2, 2010 at 4:51 PM

That one is easy, peon.

katablog.com on April 2, 2010 at 11:34 PM

Using exageration to lie. Next we go bankrupt if he can’t pass his heavy energie taxes. He saved us from bankruptcy by signing porkulus he claims. We also for some reason have 3.7 million less employed workers since he signed the porkulus.

seven on April 3, 2010 at 12:23 PM

I know I know… this is way way too late… but I just want everyone to know that I think Bankruptcy may be the only way to avoid losing all our freedoms to this government.

Only with the natural consequence of bankruptcy when our leaders make such poor decisions can this country be saved.

We deserve to lose our credit rating. We deserve to be poor. Our government has governed poorly.

No one… not even America should be protected from the consequences of bad behavior that is the only way to ensure good behavior in the future.

My freedom is more important than my wealth.

I can survive poverty.