Open thread: Palin’s TV host debut

posted at 9:46 pm on April 1, 2010 by Allahpundit

10 p.m. ET on Fox News, of course. After not one but two posts on l’affaire LL, my curiosity has been piqued. Especially after learning that there will indeed be an in-studio interview component to the show:

The hour is made up of inspiring people, focusing on everyday heroes from across the spectrum. The ’stock hero’ nature of the stories – helping children, Marine, boy and his dog – doesn’t make each tale tug less at your heartstrings. Many of the stories conclude with short interviews between the key participants and Palin on a set in front of a studio audience, brief interactions that allow Palin, and likely Fox News, a chance to see her flex potential talk show muscles…

Those who love Palin will love this – those who hate her won’t find much to bash, other than to maybe snark the occasional awkwardness in her on-set exchanges. There’s very little doubt the former GOP VP nominee will be an enormous star, and this proves that even further. Maybe she stumbles a bit in interviews, but in this format – awfully similar to an Oprah-like show – she thrives.

Will we see more Palin Fox News specials? You betcha.

The way things are going for Romney these days, he’ll be available to co-host sometime soon. Exit question: Would they or would they not make a picture-perfect morning chat show duo? I ask you.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Oh, did I mention the shouting match that is going on right about now between LL Cool J, his agent, and his promoter.

I suspect that there’s a bit of a disagreement goin’ down.

I really doubt that… his video right now is featured on the front page of youtube… it has 500k hits now…

ninjapirate on April 2, 2010 at 12:32 AM

If Sarah Palin took over the RNC, there would be firings of Biblical proportion.

The people in the GOP are happy being #2 as long as they are in positions of power. Sarah wants to win.

bw222 on April 2, 2010 at 12:21 AM

yeap your right. Still what happens in these types of things is the person will sooner or later get the reigns of power either way. I would rather invite her in then be conquered esp since the GOP elites do not know the meaning of the word “fight”. I would think it would go easier on them if she comes as equal invited to the table then if she wins/builds her politcal dynasty without them.

unseen on April 2, 2010 at 12:34 AM

I still don’t get the anti-Cool J hate around here. The ads did seem to imply that Palin had interviewed the rapper, and he called them (Fox News) on it in a tweet. A tweet which didn’t insult Palin in the slightest:

Fox lifted an old interview I gave in 2008 to someone else & are misrepresenting to the public in order to promote Sarah Palins Show. WOW

So how is he the bad guy here?

YYZ on April 2, 2010 at 12:35 AM

500k hits now…

ninjapirate on April 2, 2010 at 12:32 AM

and Palin’s show was more then likely seen in 4+ million homes.

hmmm 500k < 4 million

just saying

unseen on April 2, 2010 at 12:35 AM

Oh, sorry, I missed that. I get what you’re saying, though. That is the last thing the Clown Shoes Party would do. They only talk reform when they want the Base to send in money. Teddy Kennedy’s death robbed the RNC of a direct mail boogeyman to gin up the conservative rubes.

That’s the last thing I would want. The RNC head has to toady to state chairs and House and Senate Leadership.

Virtually no power. Sarah would get buried there. The Beltway GOP would love it.
The Beltway GOP is angry at the Dems because Obama is giving the D’s and their clients the lion’s share of the Porkulus. That’s all they want. The Beltway GOP is conservative like Hitler is Jewish.

There are VERY few Paul Ryans up there.

victor82 on April 2, 2010 at 12:36 AM

If she had 4MM homes, she probably beat BOR.

FNC will air the show again Sunday night.

bw222 on April 2, 2010 at 12:39 AM

So how is he the bad guy here?

YYZ on April 2, 2010 at 12:35 AM

Do you really need it spelled out?

He gave an interview that was taped and filmed to be run as a “real american story.” this interview was filmed what 2008. For two years LL said nothing about this interview. He wa sok with FOX having the interview. He never tried to get the interview back. etc. he did not care where it ran, how fox used it etc.

until Palin’s name was mentioned. then all of a sudden he cared. WOW color me surprised

unseen on April 2, 2010 at 12:39 AM

ninjapirate on April 2, 2010 at 12:32

I don’t. For example, I suspect Toby Keith is a reasonably happy man tonight. All publicity is good publicity in that business. Each subject got treated very well. LL had the chance to reach out to a really large demographic and have his life story narrated in a positive way by a compelling figure and he screwed it up.

victor82 on April 2, 2010 at 12:41 AM

If she had 4MM homes, she probably beat BOR.

FNC will air the show again Sunday night.

bw222 on April 2, 2010 at 12:39 AM

I have no figures I was just using her previous ratings as a ball park figure for this show. When she was on BOR she got 4.5m Hannity was close to 4.0 figure split the difference

Could be less due to the time slot but still either way she pulled in alot more than 500k hits

unseen on April 2, 2010 at 12:42 AM

There are VERY few Paul Ryans up there.

victor82 on April 2, 2010 at 12:36 AM

true but you wouldn’t argue that Obama is the head of the DNC correct. the president is usally considered the head of the party. Of course they have a person to handle the day to day affairs but when it comes to agenda, spin, talking points, fundraisind efforts, platform etc the president drives it right?

that’ more of the type of Leader of the RNC I had in mind. Not a steele positon

unseen on April 2, 2010 at 12:45 AM

reason why I support Palin number #2989 or so:

For many of us, the arrival of Easter means the arrival of a new season of joy – of Easter parades, Easter egg hunts, chocolate bunnies, and sweet Peeps topping off a family meal. Some may wonder why we merrily celebrate at a time when we’re remembering Christ’s crucifixion on the cross. And there is something to that. Good Friday is, after all, about God who became Man, dying on the cross for our sins. And yet we celebrate Easter Sunday, and we are right to do so.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” (John 3:16). This one verse sums up the miracle that is the Easter season and helps explain the celebration. Yes, Christ died for us, but in the end Easter isn’t a season of sadness. Ultimately, the story of Christ’s rising from the dead three days after the crucifixion is the story of the triumph of hope over despair.

Hope is one of America’s unique virtues. Hope makes us dream and achieve the seemingly impossible. It’s who we are, and it’s why we’re able to always believe that our best days are yet to come, both for our families and for our country. Easter time reminds us that we have every right to believe that this hope is based on time-tested truths and a solid foundation.

On behalf of the Palin family, I wish you all a peaceful and reflective Good Friday and a blessed and happy Easter Sunday.

- Sarah Palin

Name me another politican that quotes the bible and is able to tie it into the day to day events while at the same time taking a major can of whop a*s on mr hope and change himself? AND doing so in an uplifting confirming Patriotic way?

that’s right palinhaters NONE.

unseen on April 2, 2010 at 12:54 AM

YAY! Conservative Oprah. The show was brain rot. Disappointing.

alohapundit on April 2, 2010 at 1:07 AM

alohapundit on April 2, 2010 at 1:07 AM

most pinko commies thought so too

unseen on April 2, 2010 at 1:09 AM

unseen on April 2, 2010 at 12:54 AM

Americasssss chickensssssss…lay the eggs…that get hunted on Easter, and also thrown at tea-party buses.
See it all ties up ? says Hussain in his Easter address to US

macncheez on April 2, 2010 at 1:10 AM

macncheez on April 2, 2010 at 1:10 AM

LOL next the dems will be saying the colors of the easter egg condone violence

unseen on April 2, 2010 at 1:16 AM

Nah. She’s completely authentic and he’s completely phony. That would show. She needs Chuck Norris as a cohost or somebody like that.

Mojave Mark on April 2, 2010 at 1:18 AM

most pinko commies thought so too

unseen on April 2, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Yeah you got me pegged.

I am a Palin supporter and I thought the show was terrible.

Also, this pinko commie deploys next month to protect your freedoms so excuse me when i say an emphatic F*&k you!

alohapundit on April 2, 2010 at 1:20 AM

LOL next the dems will be saying the colors of the easter egg condone violence

unseen on April 2, 2010 at 1:16 AM

And since Americasssss chickenssss don’t lay black eggs, Jeremiah Wright will damn us again !

macncheez on April 2, 2010 at 1:25 AM

WOW color me surprised

unseen on April 2, 2010 at 12:39 AM

LOL…RAAAACISSSST

Fighton03 on April 2, 2010 at 1:29 AM

alohapundit on April 2, 2010 at 1:20 AM

Oh fine, be that way!

Seriously: I saw the first few minutes. She needs to work on her delivery out of the gate. She fell into it better as she went on but at first, it felt a little like a presenter reading the prompter on Oscar night. I have no doubt she’ll get it down eventually, but does she really want to put this out there in the meantime? Some part of me says, less exposure is better.

And, to harp on a related point, Fox really needs to close the loop on this LL Cool J SNAFU. Their credibility problem needs to be kept as far away from Sarah as possible.

Anyhow, on the earlier recommendations I’ll catch the Ilia segment here on the re-broadcast. :)

RD on April 2, 2010 at 1:30 AM

alohapundit on April 2, 2010 at 1:20 AM

Well most pinko commies thought the show sucked. Company you keep. Never thought a soldier would consider a show that features a medal of honor winner in a psoitive uplifting light “brain rot”

Do most soldiers consider shows about Medal of Honor winners who have a destroyer named after them “brain rot”?

Or maybe you didn’t like the story of the handicapped boy who overcame the odds to walk? Or the inner city kids that excelled when given a chance?

which story did you find “brain rot”?

unseen on April 2, 2010 at 1:31 AM

She’s doing voiceovers to pre-edited clips. This is too horrifying to contemplate.

JammieWearingFool on April 1, 2010 at 10:09 PM

OMG!!! TOTUS has competition??????

Fighton03 on April 2, 2010 at 1:39 AM

which story did you find “brain rot”?

unseen on April 2, 2010 at 1:31 AM

The format was intended for the lowest common denominator. It was Oprah-esque in it’s delivery. It was Huckabee-esque in it’s cheese. The content was not the issue per se, the delivery and format was the issue. To me it screamed Dateline meets Hannity’s America meets 20/20 meets Fox and Friends. It was 60 miles wide and 3 inches deep in it’s analysis. Further, I do not agree with a (fingers crossed) future presidential candidate doing shallow shows to fill the time between elections; it is unpresidential and potentially damaging to the campaign. This is a time in our country’s history when we need serious and contemplative intellectuals to run and defeat the Marxist nightmare that is in charge of our country. Now more than ever (even more than the Woodrow Wilson days) we are in serious, serious jeopardy of losing out freedoms for good and I do not think Palin doing these types of stunts will be good for her in the future. Yes, this was a stunt. Yes, I would like to see her brand of conservativism running the country. No I do not think the show was good nor was it helpful to her cause.

IMHO.

Pnko commie out.

alohapundit on April 2, 2010 at 1:44 AM

alohapundit on April 2, 2010 at 1:44 AM

Yeah, it’s kinda like if someone were hosting a some cheesy Western TV show, like “Death Valley Days” or something. Who could take someone like that seriously?

NoLeftTurn on April 2, 2010 at 1:54 AM

Touche, but Reagan was an actor, on a show to entertain. His job was to act. What was Palin’s excuse for this show?
Let me try to make it simple:

What was she trying to accomplish by doing this show?

a) Be taken seriously by people who will never accept her?
b) Placate the crowds that can’t handle a simple criticism of her *cough* *cough*
c) Present serious subjects in shallow ways?
d) Present serious subjects in deep and thoughtful ways?

For the life of me, after watching the show, I can not answer. I just know it wasn’t for me.

alohapundit on April 2, 2010 at 2:04 AM

Wait so Reagan didn’t spend all his none political time being dour?/
Death Valley Days
Following the departure of Andrews, Ronald Reagan became the host. When Reagan entered politics, the role went to Robert Taylor.

Sharr on April 2, 2010 at 2:06 AM

Journalism degree, public interest… kind of her thing.

This was no sin.

Calm down she doesn’t need to be on the battlefield all the time. In fact taking a moment to highlight regular people makes her come across as a normal human being as well which is win win for everyone involved.

Sharr on April 2, 2010 at 2:08 AM

Sharr on April 2, 2010 at 2:06 AM

You don’t have to be dour. That wasn’t my point at all. On the other hand, Reagan wasn’t pretending to present deep subjects on an hour long show. In other words: Reagan never tried hard to be something that he isn’t.

And before you jump on me about the last statement, I mean that Palin is not a good newsmagazine host, but she is a damn good conservative.

alohapundit on April 2, 2010 at 2:11 AM

Bravo Sarah!!!!

dec5 on April 2, 2010 at 2:12 AM

alohapundit on April 2, 2010 at 2:04 AM

The idea to me is to associate her face/name with the virtues that America has traditionally stood for. Struggle and sacrifice; adapt, improvise, overcome (sorry Pete and the rest of Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children). Hopefully this will be a series that elevates the individual over the collective.

Fighton03 on April 2, 2010 at 2:16 AM

Journalism degree, public interest… kind of her thing.

This was no sin.

Sharr on April 2, 2010 at 2:08 AM

Got it Sharr. Still didn’t like it. Also do not like to be accused of being a communist just because I don’t agree with the consensus (isn’t consensus why we are in the global warming mess these days). I was just expressing my opinion (as I thought was the purpose of this site and others like it) not trying to tell others what to think. The liberal tactic of attacking me first and not my idea is what set me off.

alohapundit on April 2, 2010 at 2:19 AM

RD on April 2, 2010 at 1:30 AM

Okay it steadily improved, along w/her delivery, which was a relief. Sounding natural when reciting awkward, “news-speak” prose is a skill unto itself, and it’s gotta be even harder when it’s not your own writing.

I figured as much once the LL story surfaced. I suspect that the more Sarah is involved in the writing, and/or the more spontaneous they are, the better she will do. If she sticks with it long enough eventually she’ll even read that turgid prose like a champ.

RD on April 2, 2010 at 2:20 AM

alohapundit on April 2, 2010 at 2:11 AM

I think you’ve inferred the wrong thing about this whole show. It was about showcasing normal people who do extraordinary stuff – which worked really well in my opinion.

You might see that as shallow, I don’t. I think we need more of it in this age of cynicism and its a net positive to be associated with that.

There wasn’t/shouldn’t be anything that needs dissection, deep or otherwise in such a show since its whole purpose is positive boosterism in the face of extreme odds.

That seems to be part of Sarah Palin’s overall theme for herself and America so I say she fits right in and did the right thing.

Moreover so far with her every choice I have witnessed people (wrongly) second guess her. I’ve long concluded Sarah Palin knows exactly what she’s doing with herself and so far she seems to be right in her judgment.

Sharr on April 2, 2010 at 2:22 AM

Sharr on April 2, 2010 at 2:22 AM

Agreed. Good discussion.

alohapundit on April 2, 2010 at 2:24 AM

Sharr on April 2, 2010 at 2:22 AM

Sometimes simple is deep. I think you have the right idea. Just show people. Let them tell how they as individual succeeded. How they as individual overcame their adversity.

As long as she is championing the individual, everything be fine.

Fighton03 on April 2, 2010 at 2:27 AM

Agreed. Good discussion.

alohapundit on April 2, 2010 at 2:24 AM

Indeed.

Can I lobby for an edit button on posts. It might save on bandwidth…

Sharr on April 2, 2010 at 2:28 AM

Can I lobby for an edit button on posts. It might save on bandwidth…

Sharr on April 2, 2010 at 2:28 AM

SECOND! it would also save on the embarrassment of having to look back on our misspelling.

Fighton03 on April 2, 2010 at 2:29 AM

Now see if it was a policy show then their might be issues as such would demand another format. But well I don’t think that was the intention here or ever will be.

Now that kind of show would call for “deep analysis”.
Though I think Sarah Palin will let those kinds of salvos fly from her Facebook Notes/FOX Commentary rather then from a single show.

Also, I think it was stated that Sarah Palin was only “Guest Hosting”. Of course that may have only been asserted for purposes of wiggle room. Who knows? If anything it looks to be a once in a blue moon – when the occasion warrants type of show.

Sharr on April 2, 2010 at 2:34 AM

Indeed.

Can I lobby for an edit button on posts. It might save on bandwidth…

Sharr on April 2, 2010 at 2:28 AM

Can I lobby for an edit button on posts. It might save on bandwidth…

Sharr on April 2, 2010 at 2:28 AM

Fighton03 on April 2, 2010 at 2:29 AM

All in favor say aye.

All opposed?

The ayes have it. An edit button would be sublime…

alohapundit on April 2, 2010 at 2:34 AM

alohapundit on April 2, 2010 at 2:04 AM

You’re overthinking it, dude. It’s just a nice show with some uplifting stories about ordinary Americans. What does it matter what her motivation is? I doubt it’s as calculated as you think. If you don’t like it, so be it, but is it necessary to slam her or the program with such intensity?

Also, it’s her first show. I thought she was good but what were you expecting? A right-wing version of the Oprah Winfrey show? Sheesh, let the woman get her sea legs before you start writing the whole thing off as a cheesy, lame disaster.

NoLeftTurn on April 2, 2010 at 2:38 AM

So how is he the bad guy here?

YYZ on April 2, 2010 at 12:35 AM

He isn’t. He did what he should do as an entertainer whose image or work has been misrepresented.

This is not quite a Couric-moment, but the bad-press detracts from an intriguing show concept.

Do you really need it spelled out?

unseen on April 2, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Upon what evidence do you base your beliefs?

Palin allowed a lie to go forth in her name. I did not read anything inflammatory in LL’s original tweet. “Wow” seems like a fair response. He made no criticisms, but you psychophants sure did dump on him.

Initially I didn’t get it either. The man has voted Republican. He’s a very respectful and respectable person, one of the few people in entertainment who may actually be a good role-model.

I get that Palin is becoming a superstar. She should hire more competent producers. The bad PR was Fox News’ fault. The idea that a seasoned-entertainer needs lessons from a media-greenhorn is ridiculous. LL Cool J has more experience reaching a broader swath of people than most politicians. But this is obvious to those without snow-covered glasses.

I notice a palpable lack of scorn directed toward Toby Keith even though he expressed similar misgivings. I wonder what not-so-obvious reason might explain this. Don’t think too hard to avoid the answer.

For the record NCIS LA is a very popular show.

Every first-run episode of NCIS has delivered more than 20 million viewers this season.

The Race Card on April 2, 2010 at 2:41 AM

NoLeftTurn on April 2, 2010 at 2:38 AM

It’s sad when a Medal of Honor winner’s story such was Cpl Dunham’s, is thought of as

just a nice show with some uplifting stories about ordinary Americans.

Cpl Dunham was not an “ordinary American with an uplifting story”. The piece that they showed was thin, shallow, and devoid of thought. It should have been left for Oliver North on an episode of “War Stories”. IMHO.

alohapundit on April 2, 2010 at 2:48 AM

Let me try to make it simple:

What was she trying to accomplish by doing this show?

a) Be taken seriously by people who will never accept her?
c) Present serious subjects in shallow ways?
d) Present serious subjects in deep and thoughtful ways?

alohapundit on April 2, 2010 at 2:04 AM

Killing the democrat/media narrative of being an egocentric radical extremist. It’s really smart what she’s doing, it’s much easier for her enemies to deflect her criticism if she’s labeled and framed “unhinged extremist”. Hard to do that when she hosts a feel good program that’s not centered on her. The LL cool j debacle show’s you the type of image problem the alinsky media has created for her.

the_nile on April 2, 2010 at 2:58 AM

the_nile on April 2, 2010 at 2:58 AM

I think Palin’s whole gig on Fox News is designed to make her some good coin in return for providing time and opportunity for Sarah Palin to size up the talent roster at Fox for a future presidential run.

I agree that she is trying to neutralize the extremist, unhinged meme but also the flip side of the coin-the clueless, unsophisticated, unintelligent bimbo meme created by MSM and SNL. Most people fortunately realize that you cannot go on TV and host a show and carry it for 60 minutes and not have something upstairs.

technopeasant on April 2, 2010 at 3:11 AM

She’s a quitter, she’ll probably quit and walk off the set before the show is over, the irrelevant inarticulate caribou barbie hate-mongering violence-inciting, ill-read, death-panel-talking poopy pants.

John the Libertarian on April 1, 2010 at 9:51 PM

Tell us how you really feel.

WordsMatter on April 2, 2010 at 7:01 AM

LL Cool J could only hope to have the impact and reach that Sarah Palin has. Nice attempt at wittiness, though.

The Race Card on April 2, 2010 at 2:41 AM

Maybe you missed my palpable lack of caring about either. But…that doesn’t fit the “racist” template.

ddrintn on April 2, 2010 at 7:07 AM

By the way, I don’t think Toby Keith raised a stink about it, did he? It’s easy to see for those without race-colored glasses.

ddrintn on April 2, 2010 at 7:11 AM

Hi guys,

Unfortunately I have had bad headaches for a bit more than two days. Usually is the type that either rotate, this time it was fixated on the base of my neck and behind my left eye…yep it was hard to be on the computer or watch tv. No painkiller worked for those two days except one that I was avoiding b/c I knew I would have a hard time sleeping.

I did Watch Sarah’s special, it was very inspiring indeed (kinda keeps you in-check with yourself), I melted with the soldier story and with that beautiful black Lab. A well-trained Pyr can do that too; I have heard of them to go into old folks’ home and they are so gentle, if they’re trained appropriately. The extra plus? If need to, they’d give their lives for yours.

After a bit with Toby Keith, my meds. had me passed out. I am sure that will be repeated all over this weekend so I will make sure to DVR it the next time, after my flat screen/DVR Wars is mostly over.

-PPF/-CN

ProudPalinFan on April 2, 2010 at 7:25 AM

Oh I wanted to add about Toby Keith and LL Cool J:

If they have a backtrack on how they feel about America or Americans, and don’t feel the same way they did with previous interviews, bad on them. FOX should have given them the heads-up. I agree with that.

It would have stunk big time if they denied their interviews being run. How does it work after a interview is released? Does a network (regardless of which) HAS the rights to it, and does not have to notify the party they interviewed?

I was astonished at how identical his dad and Toby looked alike.

ProudPalinFan on April 2, 2010 at 7:29 AM

Where is LL Culo J.

abobo on April 1, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Estás de madre!

ProudPalinFan on April 2, 2010 at 7:31 AM

I totally agree with you. Holloway for a year..? Casey Anthony? come on, it was like a root canal. I do like her interviews with Rick Santorum, Grassley and others. She does a good interview. All the crime stuff goes wayyy too far.

ted c on April 1, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Hey…Natalee Holloway’s cold case has not come to an end. A search will be done after a couple of tourists went snorkeling and took a pic that looks very suspicious. If it is what it is, she’s gonna be all over the news again. Check Scared Monkeys’ blog for that one. He was involved in the search efforts, he flew to Aruba himself. As ravishingly Conservative as any of the links to the right. Check it out. Katablog can confirm this too.

“Red” (main dude) types often with anger towards Obama and his ilk over there. He should have a love link here. Ed? Allah? Pretty please, with a cherry on top?

ProudPalinFan on April 2, 2010 at 7:38 AM

Heh. Mitt would be a great host. He is so malleable none of the guests would ever by uncomfortable.

Spirit of 1776 on April 1, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Mom duty last post of the am: No thanks. Pass. Don’t want Joy Behar with her Liberal Leg Restless Syndrome.

ProudPalinFan on April 2, 2010 at 7:44 AM

The world needs more stories about a faithful loving dog and a young enlisted man who would fall on a grenade to save his buddies. With everything thats going on today, I’d rather be uplifted via a God-loving truly beautiful woman, than see a trainload of mutilated bodies blown up by female fanatical idealogues.

Nalea on April 2, 2010 at 7:51 AM

It was a great show … At least it was a whole hour without so much as one of Obozo’s lies.

So how the hell are we supposed to pay for all the useless crap Obozo is spending money on? Are the Obama zombies going to pay or are they standing in line? Going to be a real shock to their system when the money runs out.

tarpon on April 2, 2010 at 8:13 AM

He could have just looked into the situation, and found out exactly what was going on, before he tweeted. Perhaps what he “should have done” is to actually find out what this show was all about, and express a considered opinion after he knew. I agree that Fox should have given him a heads up, but LL just threw a twitter tantrum.

Priscilla on April 2, 2010 at 8:32 AM

Been the leading Republican in attacking Obama

I would have to give Krauthammer that honor.

disa on April 2, 2010 at 8:41 AM

So how is he the bad guy here?

YYZ on April 2, 2010 at 12:35 AM

He could have called Fox if he felt they were doing something bad, instead of that kind of Tweet whining. The tweet looks like he’s sniping at Fox (the kind of snarky comment liberals make). I’m glad they cut his segment. Maybe he’ll learn something. Maybe it will be a preemptive lesson for other people who may benefit from being on Sarah’s show in the futute.

disa on April 2, 2010 at 8:55 AM

I would have to give Krauthammer that honor.

disa on April 2, 2010 at 8:41 AM

And I will not allow you to give Krauthammer that honor.
He’s never done if for me and he doesn’t do it for me now.
Dr. K cuts Maobama way too much slack.
Besides, who reads the WashingtoncomPost for Republican views?
Not me.

Sarah Palin is obviously the leading Republican & Conservative attacking Obama on the issues.
Obama replies to her (death panels, Drill, baby, drill) not Charles K.

Jenfidel on April 2, 2010 at 8:57 AM

futute=future

I missed her show – does anyone know when it will be rebroadcast?

disa on April 2, 2010 at 9:05 AM

Jenfidel on April 2, 2010 at 8:57 AM

We’ll have to agree to disagree. Perhaps the wonkish appeals to me more than it does you.

disa on April 2, 2010 at 9:07 AM

I would have to give Krauthammer that honor.

disa on April 2, 2010 at 8:41 AM

Love her or hate her, Sarah Palin’s words reach and affect far more people that Charles Krathammer’s (think “death panels”).

bw222 on April 2, 2010 at 9:25 AM

Yeah! That “death panel” attack was so effective in stopping Obamacare!

/sarc

Chekote on April 2, 2010 at 9:28 AM

ninjapirate on April 2, 2010 at 12:32 AM

ISTM that this is a manufactured crisis, designed to raise the profile of a has been LL Cool J. Seriously, when was the last time you heard or saw his name before this. 1989?

rbj on April 2, 2010 at 10:01 AM

rbj on April 2, 2010 at 10:01 AM

I could not care less about LL Fool J. I’m sure he is a typicall liberal bonehead. Every time I have seen him on TV, I was not impressed with his towering intellect. On track with JZ. I must give him credit though because he has figured how to get people to throw money at him, even though I don’t see why.

saiga on April 2, 2010 at 10:28 AM

Chekote -

You still around? I thought you would have slashed your wrists during the second week of Palin’s book tour.

By the way, you were a big proponent of Michael Steele. What do you think of the way he’s running the RNC? Expenditures at the “bondage club,” meeting with pro-amnesty groups, far less revenue than when he took over, etc. But, I’m sure you think he’s doing a great job because he’s “so articulate.”

bw222 on April 2, 2010 at 10:46 AM

The Race Card: NCIS LA sucks and LL Can’t Act sucks in it. Chris O’Donnel has to carry him in every scene. The show benefits from a great lead in from the original NCIS. I don’t think that will last forever.

SurferDoc on April 2, 2010 at 10:48 AM

I saw part of the show, but not all of it. It seems like an updated, 2010 version of JFK’s “Profiles in Courage”.

It’s easy to understand that Sarah Palin’s heartstrings were moved by the story about the boy with the birth defect who finished a 5K with the help of his dog, since Palin has given birth to a “special needs” child.

The segment about the nursing student who saved a truck driver from a burning wreck was truly inspirational, not so much for what Palin might have said to her, but for what the rescuer said about overcoming her own initial fear to save the man, and reaffirm her commitment to a nursing career.

It’s not yet clear whether this show will help or hurt Sarah Palin’s future political ambitions, but that might not be its intent. Sarah Palin probably needs to work on her interviewing skills, but she IS a fast learner and could improve quickly with experience.

Nothing about this show was really political–Palin never asked any of the guests for whom they voted, or any questions about political issues. Sarah Palin may also be trying to shake the MSM image of her of somehow being insensitive to non-Caucasian Americans–she praised a Hispanic nursing student for saving a truck driver with an Indian name–showing that she recognizes courage among all people.

Sarah Palin’s debut on this show was nothing like her RNC speech, but let’s give her the benefit of the doubt on this. Maybe she has honestly decided to try to promote her ideals everywhere she can, and promote those who exemplify them, whether in politics or in everyday life.

Steve Z on April 2, 2010 at 11:13 AM

Maybe some of you folks would prefer that master of vitriol and invective, Bill Maher or Jeanine Garofoslug to host a show celebrating peoples courage. You might take into account your own shortcomings and failings before loading up your slime rifle. Jesus!

LarryG on April 2, 2010 at 12:00 PM

Yeah! That “death panel” attack was so effective in stopping Obamacare!

/sarc

Chekote on April 2, 2010 at 9:28 AM

It didn’t stop it, but it’s a big reason that Congress had to pass it against the will of the majority.

ddrintn on April 2, 2010 at 2:55 PM

ddrintn on April 2, 2010 at 7:11 AM

You are too stupid for words.

The Race Card on April 3, 2010 at 10:56 PM

SurferDoc on April 2, 2010 at 10:48 AM

As if that matters. MOST OF PRIMETIME TV SUCKS! My point is that the man is far from unaccomplished. He’s far from being a liberal. (saiga on April 2, 2010 at 10:28 AM)

All of you Fox apologists are just that — apologists.

Oh yeah, Sarah Palin is the Missiah.

The Race Card on April 3, 2010 at 10:59 PM