Obamateurism of the Day

posted at 8:05 am on March 31, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

If all anyone ever needed to know was taught in kindergarten, then Barack Obama must have missed the lesson about how one listens with one’s ears and not one’s mouth.  In his joint press conference with French President Nicolas Sarkozy, Obama was so anxious to suck up to a rare friendly face that he wound up making a fool of himself, as Mark Knoller of CBS noted on Twitter:

Intercepting a question for Sarkozy, Obama insists “I listen to Nicolas all the time – I cant stop listening to him.”

Sure Obama can — in fact, he just did it, by hogging the question and not allowing Sarkozy to answer it himself.  Obama has it easy, though.  He gets to listen to Sarkozy, at least on those rare occasions when he allows Sarkozy to speak.  The rest of us have to listen to Obama.

Comments

No jokes about Obama’s ear size please! haha

itsnotaboutme on March 31, 2010 at 8:08 AM

it’s all about the O…

*sigh*

cmsinaz on March 31, 2010 at 8:09 AM

And so it’s a French guy’s turn to think, “How rude!”

apostic on March 31, 2010 at 8:10 AM

TOTUS,TOTUS,wherefore art thou TOTUS?

katy the mean old lady on March 31, 2010 at 8:11 AM

Enough about Sarkozy already…..Let’s talk about my favorite subject, ME!!!!!

SHARPTOOTH on March 31, 2010 at 8:12 AM

At least he’s visiting with an ally? And I like Sarkozy so okay….
That’s my positive thing for this one.

mjk on March 31, 2010 at 8:12 AM

At least Sarkozy got a photo op…

ladyingray on March 31, 2010 at 8:13 AM

Me, me, ME!

Moi, moi, MOI!!!!

Enough about me, so what do you think of me?

Narcissist-In-Chief.

rockbend on March 31, 2010 at 8:15 AM

Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me.

rightside on March 31, 2010 at 8:16 AM

I just did not like how Obama opened the press conference by talking about how he was having the Sarkozy’s over for dinner. To me it sounded like another jab at Netanyahu. Did anyone else notice that? Or am I just being too sensitive to Obama’s lack of decency with Israel?

texasconserv on March 31, 2010 at 8:16 AM

The President is just oui oui(d) up!

yoda on March 31, 2010 at 8:16 AM

Heh. Some of the comments are starting to look likie a me-plex.

apostic on March 31, 2010 at 8:18 AM

texasconserv on March 31, 2010 at 8:16 AM

noticed it too….it’s different as day and night the way dear leader treated these 2…

shameful

cmsinaz on March 31, 2010 at 8:18 AM

yoda on March 31, 2010 at 8:16 AM

cmsinaz on March 31, 2010 at 8:18 AM

I’m guessing the problem is that there wasn’t kindergarten at the Indonesian Madrassas where the jug-eared dictator was educated at that stage of his life.

highhopes on March 31, 2010 at 8:18 AM

texasconserv on March 31, 2010 at 8:16 AM

Yes, I noticed.
No, you’re not being too sensitive.

Disturb the Universe on March 31, 2010 at 8:18 AM

texasconserv on March 31, 2010 at 8:16 AM

Obama’s treatment of Netanyahu was disgraceful. It was calculated to be a slap.

TXMomof3 on March 31, 2010 at 8:19 AM

Or am I just being too sensitive to Obama’s lack of decency with Israel?

texasconserv on March 31, 2010 at 8:16 AM

Perhaps a little bit. Sarkozy’s visit included a state dinner where I’m sure the filthy lying dicator mentioned what an honor it was for France.

highhopes on March 31, 2010 at 8:21 AM

Don’t know if I can stomach three more years of this narcissistic fool.

AZCoyote on March 31, 2010 at 8:22 AM

highhopes on March 31, 2010 at 8:21 AM

they didn’t have a state dinner, it was just the 4 of them in the residence…which kinda surprised me, I thought he would want to have a state dinner to boast about himself

cmsinaz on March 31, 2010 at 8:22 AM

TOTUS,TOTUS,wherefore art thou TOTUS?

katy the mean old lady on March 31, 2010 at 8:11 AM

More along the lines of “a teleprompter, a teleprompter, my kingdom for a teleprompter.”

highhopes on March 31, 2010 at 8:22 AM

Soooo what’s this meeting with Sarkozy all about, Do we need to start borrowing money from france now?

SHARPTOOTH on March 31, 2010 at 8:24 AM

Enough about me. Lets hear what you think of me…

DavidM on March 31, 2010 at 8:24 AM

cmsinaz on March 31, 2010 at 8:22 AM

My bad. At least the Obama’s were able to make it this time. Remember how they snubbed the Sarkozy invitation in Paris so the jug-eared dictator and the fat-arsed first lady could have “date night” so all the Parisians could see them eating?

highhopes on March 31, 2010 at 8:26 AM

highhopes on March 31, 2010 at 8:26 AM

aaah yes, i forgot about that little snubaroo…which makes me wonder even more why they didn’t have a state dinner to make up for it…

dear leader is one classy dude…/s

cmsinaz on March 31, 2010 at 8:28 AM

Or am I just being too sensitive to Obama’s lack of decency with Israel?

texasconserv on March 31, 2010 at 8:16 AM

To be fair, Dear Liar did snub Sarkozy in Paris, by being too busy to have dinner with him & his wife (and who in Hell turns down dinner with Carla Bruni? Unless your wife is jealous and doesn’t think she’d measure up next to Carla.)

The Whine is not merely insensitive to our allies, He’s actively undermining our alliances. I mean, you can’t get to be president and be so incompetent, can you?

rbj on March 31, 2010 at 8:28 AM

I liked the way Mr Sarkozy just smiled – I have known people that once they start talking they just can’t stop, if your trying to be polite – you just smile

wheels on March 31, 2010 at 8:30 AM

texasconserv on March 31, 2010 at 8:16 AM

I thought the same thing.

becki51758 on March 31, 2010 at 8:33 AM

rbj on March 31, 2010 at 8:28 AM

it almost looks intentional, our friends will become our enemies and vice versa…
one of my fears is as soon as dear leader gets dinged badly by our enemies, he will try to look to our old friends for help and they will say, sorry, you dug yourself into this hole…

cmsinaz on March 31, 2010 at 8:36 AM

Obama was so anxious to suck up to a rare friendly face

Hey, what’s even more rare would be his appreciation of someone who is governing to his right.

Speakup on March 31, 2010 at 8:42 AM

What no state dinner? Guess Zero’s cutting back on the expenses.

Kissmygrits on March 31, 2010 at 8:45 AM

I don’t listen to Obama, the moment he comes on the radio or on TV I change the channel.

It’s painful enough to have to live with the consequences of him being president.

I’m not forced to listen to him – yet anyway.

NoDonkey on March 31, 2010 at 8:46 AM

cmsinaz on March 31, 2010 at 8:22 AM

They didn’t have one because Mrs. Sarkozy would have outshone Mrs. O and that would never do.

Beaglemom on March 31, 2010 at 8:51 AM

Obama’s going to give Sarkozy some CD’s, and Sarkozy is going to give Obama an assortment of French condoms.

Cybergeezer on March 31, 2010 at 8:53 AM

rightside on March 31, 2010 at 8:16 AM

me + 100,000,000,000

jbh45 on March 31, 2010 at 8:59 AM

texasconserv on March 31, 2010 at 8:16 AM

To me it sounded like another jab at Netanyahu. Did anyone else notice that?

YES. And I am sure that is how Obama meant it.

Note that Obama came out with another appeasing PR statement yesterday declaring that he “gets faith-based passages on his Blackberry every day” and also that he didn’t understand the upset about his rude dismissal of Netanyahu (meaning, his Big Brain doesn’t perceive anything untoward so we’re all stupids for thinking there’s anything wrong there).

NOTE the Obama emphasis on having dinner with the Sarkozy’s and Obama’s refusal to so much as sit at a dinner table for a meager meal with Netanyahu.

Obama “doesn’t understand” why ANYone would have *a problem* with him NOT eating dinner with Netanyahu…THAT’S WHAT OBAMA’S SAYING.

It’s another one of his “in-Muslim” jokes.

Lourdes on March 31, 2010 at 9:00 AM

I would have really loved to hear that Sarkozy and wife announced they were “tired” and decided to “order dinner in” by themselves…

I mean, it would have been such sweet French diplomacy.

Lourdes on March 31, 2010 at 9:01 AM

highhopes on March 31, 2010 at 8:21 AM

cmsinaz on March 31, 2010 at 8:22 AM

Likely Obama presented the act of dinner in the White House as being “a state dinner”. To Obama, it’s all about him-as-big-ceremony.

Lourdes on March 31, 2010 at 9:03 AM

The President is just oui oui(d) up!

yoda on March 31, 2010 at 8:16 AM

Ding Ding Ding! Threadwinner!

Tim Zank on March 31, 2010 at 9:04 AM

I really did not like Slick Willy but my intense vomit inducing level of dislike took years to cultivate.
Mr. Me has gotten there with lightening speed.

ORconservative on March 31, 2010 at 9:17 AM

This would be amusing, except that Sarkozy has jumped on Obama’s Jerusalem bandwagon.

ProfessorMiao on March 31, 2010 at 9:33 AM

But enough about me, President Sarkozy. Let’s talk about you…what do you think of me?

Huckabye-Romney on March 31, 2010 at 10:08 AM

I also thought mentioning he was having “dinner” with Sarkozy was indeed a jab at Bibi. Saving money on no State dinner? Maybe. He did need to cut back so Michelle, kids, Grandma, and some”friends’ could spend three days in New york going to Broadway shows and the fancy dinners. One must have their priorities.

sandee on March 31, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Mr. Me has gotten there with lightening speed.

ORconservative on March 31, 2010 at 9:17 AM

I second that. From the moment he first stepped into the spotlight, I knew there was something about him that wasn’t right.

UltimateBob on March 31, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Was Obama listening to Sarkozy when Sarkozy called his policy toward Iran dangerous and naive? Wonder what Sarkozy thinks about Obama’s policy toward Israel…

Could America make a deal with France and trade Presidents?

There’s a reason why God gave man two ears and only one mouth. Obama hasn’t figured that out yet.

Steve Z on March 31, 2010 at 10:40 AM

The One has hits of cocaine and can’t shut up at times.

IlikedAUH2O on March 31, 2010 at 10:44 AM

The rest of us have to listen to Obama.

Obama, the Teenager who never grew UP, who needs a psychiatrist against narcissism and a bunch of other -isms, loves to listen to himself.

This guy is the neediest person in the world. Sad.

Schadenfreude on March 31, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Barack Obama must have missed the lesson about how one listens with one’s ears

Snicker… snicker… BWA HA HA HA HA!!!

Good one!

crazy_legs on March 31, 2010 at 12:58 PM

I wanna talk about me
Wanna talk about I
Wanna talk about number one
Oh my me my
What I think, what I like, what I know, what I want, what I see

DSchoen on March 31, 2010 at 2:32 PM

Schadenfreude’s comment is interesting. I have had the same thought. Indeed, Jughead’s whole performance is adolescent. Feet on the desk. It’s like he’s just having too much fun being the lead dog to actually think about what he does and says and he constantly says stupid things. His entire existence is just a mystery to me.

LarryG on March 31, 2010 at 3:21 PM

What Obama didn’t learn in kindergarten: Merde!

Maquis on March 31, 2010 at 4:11 PM