Palin to host first special on FNC. Special guest star: LL Cool J

posted at 4:06 pm on March 30, 2010 by Allahpundit

Karl suggests a title: “Hockey Mama Said Knock You Out.”

This is not an April Fool’s joke. Sarah Palin will take her first stab at television hosting when she fronts a new Fox News series, Real American Stories, premiering Thursday April 1 at 10pmET.

Guests for the first show include country singer Toby Keith, rapper/actor LL Cool J and Jack Welch. Get excited.

The show will “focus on a range of such stories including a Marine Medal of Honor recipient who gave his live to save his comrades.” But also there will be the celebrity guests – a very broad range of celebrity guests.

Airtime: 10 p.m. ET on Thursday in lieu of Greta. Frank Rich fans will be shocked to find the alleged Grand Dragon of the tea-party movement making chitchat with a hip-hop legend, but watch the clip below that one of our commenters dug up and posted in Headlines. He’s a self-made man, an entrepreneur, a military booster, and a guy prone to saying things like “Atlas cannot shrug.” They’ll get along famously. The more provocative interview is Toby Keith, who got caricatured after 9/11 as being a diehard Republican hawk but who opposed the Iraq war and had plenty of nice things to say about The One during the last campaign. I assume he’s soured on him since, or else … things could get awkward.

Oh — you’ll be pleased to know that Levi Johnston has a show in the works too, which the producer describes as “Jersey Shore on ice.” Says Michael Roston, shouldn’t that be “Jersey Shore on meth”?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

I think the way this is being promoted makes one think LL is actually a guest on the show. He isnt. A 2008 interview is being shown on Palin’s show but she has no interaction with LL Cool J. And according to his tweet, he is offended by the promotion. I think he is more offended by being shown positively in a show hosted by Sarah Palin.
I take back anything good I thought from the interview posted at the top of this page. I guarantee this clown LL if just another Hollywood, Obamabot.

bucsox79 on March 31, 2010 at 8:45 AM

bucsox79 on March 31, 2010 at 8:45 AM

I just read on C4P web site:

TexMex
Hold on here: it looks like this interview was given a while a go for a group called Real American stories that was only available via the Internet and now Fox has decided to pair up with them and make a show about it. Those interviews belong to Real American Stories and now they’re being introduced by Palin. So, WTF is LL Cool J flippn’ sh*t for?

If that’s the case, then LL is really being jerky.

sarainitaly on March 31, 2010 at 9:27 AM

sarainitaly on March 31, 2010 at 9:27 AM

More than just jerky. Seems to me he’s just offended about being seen in a show hosted by Palin. Screw him. Id like to know how he feels about Obama. I bet he loves him. Which in my book, goes against everything he said in his interview. Obama doesnt believe in that America, in fact, he wants to transform from that. LL is most likely just another hollywood liberal idiot

bucsox79 on March 31, 2010 at 9:31 AM

bucsox79 on March 31, 2010 at 9:31 AM

If he is some joining the Palin bashers, I will no longer like him. I have always thought him to be a good guy, and a great role model. If he fails here, he is off my list. So far…it’s not sounding too good from his tweet, but I will see what happens.

sarainitaly on March 31, 2010 at 9:45 AM

I guess he’s an Obama supporter, which explains the anti-Palin tweet.

well :op to him.

sarainitaly on March 31, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Well, that proves it. Typical idiot Obama supporter who is too ignorant to see what Obama wants to do and is starting to do to transform America.
Why are 99 percent of hollywood people so stupid? They dont know what theyre talking about most the time.
Id love to meet LL so I could point out the idiocy in supporting Obama and how LL says he feels about America. The two just cant go together if you have any sense at all.

bucsox79 on March 31, 2010 at 10:02 AM

It really bums me out. I love movies, and after so many in Hollywood were so nasty in the past, I just can’t stand a lot of them anymore. It’s one thing for them to be Democrats, it’s another to open their mouths and sound so ugly or stupid (ala Sean Penn).

Matt Damon is a major example. I always enjoyed his movies but now will never spend another dime to see him. I can’t forget his vile comments on Palin.

They are obviously in a bubble, but in their bubble they like to think they are so *open minded* when in fact, they are anything but.

They of course, have the freedom to speak their minds, but we also have the freedom to stop making them filthy rich.

sarainitaly on March 31, 2010 at 10:31 AM

REALLY? this is the 3rd thread on this topic. don’t we have anything else, perhaps of some signifigance, some import, to discuss?

Willie on March 31, 2010 at 10:36 AM

I just read on C4P web site:

TexMex
If that’s the case, then LL is really being jerky.

sarainitaly on March 31, 2010 at 9:27 AM

EXACTLY! Oh my Lord, they’re actually mentioning him being in an interview from the online show! How dare they! What a jerkwad. One thing that I just figured out is that he comes from “pop culture” politics. Most of these celebrities don’t have a clue what they’re talking about. It’s like watching a ten year-old talk about what America’s politics are all about. He has no clue. He’s just another jerk who voted for Obama based on his skin tone. What really burns me up is his line in his Newsweek letter about how he hoped everyone wanted to be like Obama by the end of four years. Umm, no. I don’t want to be like Obama. Hell, I don’t want to be Bush either. I would hope we have some sense of individuality in LL’s little world.

NathanG on March 31, 2010 at 10:48 AM

My take is that this is simply “practice” for Sarah.

I swear. This woman is being gifted with the right experiences.

It’s fun to watch, and it drives people crazy.

That’s also rather fun.

AnninCA on March 31, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Willie on March 31, 2010 at 10:36 AM

Why do people, on web sites that offer dozens of different stories, on a variety of topics, always come into one, and complain about the irrelevance of the topic? If you aren’t interested, go into another one. This one happens to be interesting to me, and some of the other people here.

Is it that big of a deal to you, are we infringing on your rights some how, stopping you from doing something else? I just never understood this type of complaining…

sarainitaly on March 31, 2010 at 10:59 AM

Guy can’t act. Chris O’Donnel carries him in every scene.

Just sayin’

SurferDoc on March 31, 2010 at 11:04 AM

That interview must be in the public domain or Fox couldn’t have used.

We just took NCIS LA off our DVR list. Too bad, it’s a good show and he was good in it. “The Good Wife,” also a good show, couldn’t stop their characters from misstating the facts about Cheney and Scooter Libby, so that’s off too.

Actions and words have consequences.

More people should stand up for what they believe and maybe things will change otherwise this kind of stuff will continue.

erp on March 31, 2010 at 12:05 PM

yep, it was a FOX owned video.

This lady no longer loves jerky J. He’s an Obot with PDS. That’s too bad he’s so petty.

sarainitaly on March 31, 2010 at 12:42 PM

FOX promo said “Sarah Palin profiles” as the host of the show about ordinary Americans who lead extraordinary lives.

FOX never said that Palin “interviewed” LLcoolJ, but would have profiled his life had he not complained.

maverick muse on March 31, 2010 at 3:04 PM