It’s come to this: Kids perform … “Scarface”

posted at 6:22 pm on March 30, 2010 by Allahpundit

A palate cleanser dirtier to amuse or horrify you, as the case may be. Clue one that it’s not a real school play: We’ve seen this gimmick done before. Clue two: It went hyper-viral in less than a day, replete with coverage in major newspapers. Even on the ‘Net, things don’t naturally move that fast. Clue three: Surely there would have been some outraged media coverage after the school announced that the play was in production, i.e. this wouldn’t be the first we’re hearing of it. Clue four: Dude. A school approving of five-year-olds doing Scarface? C’mon.

Yes, it’s a fake. Can someone please pass that along to the angry parents of the local district?

Comments

Compare/contrast this to the MEMRI videos of young palestinian kids that was the rage of the conservative blosphere 4 yrs ago.

jp on March 30, 2010 at 6:25 PM

“Another Fudge, and she’ll be mine again.”

portlandon on March 30, 2010 at 6:26 PM

LOL @ mound of popcorn

Mark1971 on March 30, 2010 at 6:29 PM

ha…

I always like the Little Jersey Shore myself.

JetBoy on March 30, 2010 at 6:32 PM

I’m sorry. That is hysterical!
Anyone who thought it was real, seriously? Kids performing “Scarface”???

Next thing you’ll tell me is a bunch of schools made up cultish songs of love and devotion to a politician in America…..

mjk on March 30, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Playing cowboys and indians as a kid never included the salty language but then again neither did the movies we watched.

fourdeucer on March 30, 2010 at 6:33 PM

oy

tru2tx on March 30, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Nothing like teaching the kiddos stereotypes.

Hey Allah, Drudge has the siren out. Iran nuke scientist defects to US.

carbon_footprint on March 30, 2010 at 6:33 PM

jp on March 30, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Why?
Fake school play based on “Scarface” is the same as kid TV show on Palestinian TV about massacring Jews?

mjk on March 30, 2010 at 6:34 PM

This is supposed to be funny?

terryannonline on March 30, 2010 at 6:34 PM

Say hello to child abuse.

CliffHanger on March 30, 2010 at 6:34 PM

I can’t wait for the shower scene!!
======================================================

canopfor on March 30, 2010 at 6:35 PM

From one little punk to another, there’s great material for Obama’s next “get in their faces” speech: You wanna fudge with me?

Buy Danish on March 30, 2010 at 6:36 PM

jp on March 30, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Yeah no different.

Except for the fact the Palestinian kids actually believed in and meant what they were saying, and this is just a movie.

JeffWeimer on March 30, 2010 at 6:36 PM

*flash, Iranian nuclear scientist defects to the CIA

“The significance of the [intelligence] coup will depend on how much the scientist knew in the compartmentalized Iranian nuclear program,” said former White House counter-terrorism official Richard Clarke, an ABC News consultant. “Just taking one scientist out of the program will not really disrupt it.”

maverick muse on March 30, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Very lame…as in not funny or cute or even interesting. Ah, but that would be Hollywood.

AUINSC on March 30, 2010 at 6:38 PM

jp on March 30, 2010 at 6:25 PM

This was the first thing that popped into my head. Look for real-real school (passion) plays demonizing teapartiers and lionizing messyliar Obongo. Mmmm mmm mmm.

Western_Civ on March 30, 2010 at 6:38 PM

I wish my school plays were that awesome.

DangerHighVoltage on March 30, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Well,ahem,Tony’s sister was pretty accurate,
kudo’s to the wardrobe crew!!(i’m kidding).

canopfor on March 30, 2010 at 6:39 PM

jp on March 30, 2010 at 6:25 PM

If you think there’s a worthwhile comparison or contrast to be made, then please make it.

Kralizec on March 30, 2010 at 6:42 PM

heh. that’s pretty good.

ted c on March 30, 2010 at 6:43 PM

That was funny!

Joe Caps on March 30, 2010 at 6:44 PM

Maybe they were inspired by Vice President Biden in this Scarface/Biden parody: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxo_fZyutQ0

Mervis Winter on March 30, 2010 at 6:47 PM

Mildly amusing. My wife doesn’t appreciate it, but she’s cranky.

JammieWearingFool on March 30, 2010 at 6:50 PM

O/T, but any bets that this Iranian nuclear ‘scientist’ will be FOS?

catmman on March 30, 2010 at 6:50 PM

I’m not sure what you mean by “it’s fake.” Why was this put together? It’s not an “actual school play” but it’s on a stage of some kind and there are adults watching and recording and nudging the one kid on stage. What parent with any shred of decency would allow their kid to participate in this? Oh yeah, Hollywood, never mind.

paraff on March 30, 2010 at 6:53 PM

Mervis Winter on March 30, 2010 at 6:47 PM

Mervis Winter: That was cute,in an F’n way,hehe!:)

canopfor on March 30, 2010 at 6:54 PM

At least they got the tiger right…

Seven Percent Solution on March 30, 2010 at 7:00 PM

This ann’t too F’in racist;
Where’s the black kids?
What? They can’t act?
Just get some Black Panthers!

Cybergeezer on March 30, 2010 at 7:02 PM

“I like you Tony, there is no lying in you…

… but unfortunately I don’t feel the same about your organization.”

Seven Percent Solution on March 30, 2010 at 7:02 PM

What the fudge do you mean its fake?!

m064404 on March 30, 2010 at 7:02 PM

When willwe get to see the School Play Production of Cruising?

juanito on March 30, 2010 at 7:09 PM

WOW. THEY CAN’T HAVE KIDS DO THIS!

This film (the original) was anti Hispanic. I guess the fact that he hated Castro made it OK to show a Latino as a killer psycho drug dealing crook. I don’t understand PC and I have suffered for it.

I got a lot of rejection from Hollywood over my remake of Idiocracy and I don’t know why. I thought they would love to tackle “Obama Money” , a country with a federal budget that includes “Payday” loans to the government treasury and health insurance that gets you reduced rates for waching movies and delivered pizza while you are in doctor’s waiting rooms. In addition to enabling our nation to cure every ailment for every person in Central and South America for the price of a patient’s travel to Phoenix, Arizona.

Now I am thinking of a sequel to Avatar which starts just hours after the end of the first one. In this film, the effects on the evil society are considered when they miss out on a new energy source. The unemployment, the suffering poor without conveniences, feeezing elderly and investors losing money which they could have invested again for more prosperity are just some of the issues. There is also a reconstruction of the first film’s villain. There was a coverup of a hrooible attack by the blue people which decimated a patrol and took capitves. Seems that the commander’s son was taken and beheaded on a video. I wondered why that guy was soooo bitter! Awful.

Then the industrailists and capitalists made a deal with another planet for the material they needed. That planet got better education and medicine, modern conveniences and very nice sports cars and yachts for the upper classes. They also became less autocratic over time and left the tribal dictatorship and superstition and repression of females and the weak back in the smurf tree planet. Our hero soon tires of the tribal culture and the treatment he gets from the tribal leadership, whose rule includes constant observation for deviance from tribal mores and rules. Things ar petty and broing. No risk, no development, no creation. Stagnant society with floating sparkles.

However, a bunch of zealots (who slightly resemble the smurf planet’s denizens) on another planet attacked the industrialized empire’s interests since they resented a super military presence in the area. Attempts to explain that the super military personnel would just as soon not be there fell on deaf ears. Assuming that they had ears…

Anyway, they were soon tossing bombs at random occupiers from the advanced culture while living off space credits and other valuables only possible through activities and revenues the extraction and other industries curtesy of the evil aliens from abroad. Eventually the freedom fighters are back on the blue smurf planet. Hiding from arrest for murders and massacres which they don’t deny but it is clear that freedom fighter have to do something to thwart an alien empire from exploiting and soiling their planet when most of their own people will not listen to them since they are too busy enjoying a decent diet and freedom from bandits and other crazy zealots (destroyed by the empire) while ever more of them are beginning to like beautiful, clean cities, regular bathing, designer fashions, quality manufactured goods, servants galore and private schools for their kids with their own ski resorts and yachts.

I am still working on this new project. I thinking of calling O’Keefe to star in this but he finds enough trouble on his own.

IlikedAUH2O on March 30, 2010 at 7:12 PM

And who are these gullible people who are calling the school to complain about a play that never actually happened?

Social conservatives.

People who accept everything at face value tend to be easily fooled.

orange on March 30, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Motherfudgers! The girl really carries the scene. And it teaches the kids a valuable lesson about the wages of sin.

Urquhart on March 30, 2010 at 7:19 PM

canopfor on March 30, 2010 at 6:35 PM

I have the red one in its original display case. Awesome to look at, hard to play with, lol

DrAllecon on March 30, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Next Month! Mrs. Andersons Fourth Grade Players in…
CALIGULA!
Get your tickets now!

ronsfi on March 30, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Next Month! Mrs. Andersons Fourth Grade Players in…
CALIGULA!
Get your tickets now!

ronsfi on March 30, 2010 at 7:32 PM

LOL.
Frankly, I’m waiting for a Musical version of Nero or Alexander the Great!! Or maybe Hitler?

mjk on March 30, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Say hello to my little friends.

84%!

joejm65 on March 30, 2010 at 7:44 PM

I’ve seen hispanic kids go to their baptism dressed in white like the chubby one – ugly shirt and all.

madmonkphotog on March 30, 2010 at 7:49 PM

What kind of motherfudging parents think this is acceptable?
My five year old doesn’t even watch tv commercials yet. His chief interest is the cartoon Asian little girl in Little Einsteins (yeah, we know we’re dealing with a budding anime fetish, ok?)

No, it’s really not funny to introduce kids to grown up movies and themes like this. Nothing but cheap thrills for an immature audience at the expense of my kid’s peer group. Fantastic.

Diane on March 30, 2010 at 7:50 PM

OK, good to see it’s a fake. I missed that.

ha! Outrage soothed for a moment…now back to the Pope!

Diane on March 30, 2010 at 7:53 PM

I seem to recall Cartman doing this on South Park once.

Jim-Rose on March 30, 2010 at 8:16 PM

I’m sorry. That is hysterical!
Anyone who thought it was real, seriously? Kids performing “Scarface”???

Why the heck not think it could be real after a YEAR of devotional kids plays deifying Obama for Pete’s sake. If schools have so little judgment that they’d engage in willing, crude propaganda using children, why wouldn’t some “edgy” idjit teachers stage do something like this? All I’m saying is the borders of credulity have already been broken.

EasyEight on March 30, 2010 at 8:36 PM

People who accept everything at face value tend to be easily fooled.
orange on March 30, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Buy Danish on March 30, 2010 at 8:38 PM

I knew it was fake when I saw it and it had less than 30 hits. The audience sits there like it’s watching “Waiting for Virginia Wolfe”. And the lady who leads the little killer on the stage is the woman who uploaded it to YouTube (but she doesn’t say she has anything to do with it).

Marcus on March 30, 2010 at 8:39 PM

“Who’s Afraid of Virginia Wolfe” I meant.

Marcus on March 30, 2010 at 8:43 PM

It is only fake in that it wasn’t a “school play”. Clearly these are actually children, actually acting out something like Scarface. I find this no more funny than people who teach their kids to swear up a storm and do it for the camera, then post it. Some school district may not have come up with this twisted little production, but that makes it no less repulsive to have kids acting it out.

flyfishingdad on March 30, 2010 at 8:56 PM

As a school teacher, I can tell you first hand that many of your rougher students look up to Pacino’s character in the film. Often they will wear shirts to class and mention how they want to be like Tony. Ironically, when I ask the students how do they like the ending of the film and ask them if all the money is worth it if you end up dead; most of them have no idea what I am talking about? Why? Most of the kids wearing the shirts have never even seen the film! No Child Left Behind Baby! This is what is going on in schools, smart kids get nothing because with NCLB all the resources go to the kid with the Scarface Shirt. Like they said in Vietnam “that you had to burn the village to save it” with no child left behind you have to lower the standards to raise them. Start learning Chinese everyone!

arizonateacher on March 30, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Hmmm…can’t view it right now, but do they do the chainsaw scene?

ddrintn on March 30, 2010 at 9:45 PM

The video presented in this posting has N-O-T-H-I-N-G on this performance:

Herb Brooks’ speech from the movie “Miracle”

One video exploits children and glorifies a (fictional) murderous drug lord. The other video pays homage to the most inspiring and patriotic sports victory in our nation’s history.

Guess which one I’m partial to…

ynot4tony2 on March 30, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Say Hello To My Little Friends

AP, that is a hysterical caption!

aquaviva on March 31, 2010 at 1:20 AM

I’m thinking this deserves the Alec Baldwin Parent of the Year award.

Mojave Mark on March 31, 2010 at 1:37 AM

Who are the f–ing a-holes who let their kids do this? These people should have their children take away, and they should be publicly flogged! I mean talking about sex, drugs, and killing people, Give me a break!!!!

Confederate on March 31, 2010 at 3:45 PM