Video: Reid supporters egg tea-party buses in Nevada

posted at 7:55 pm on March 29, 2010 by Allahpundit

Via the Founding Bloggers, yeah, it happened — along with a threat leveled directly at Andrew Breitbart, as you’ll see — and no, it’s not a reflection on all liberals. Just a reminder, on a day when federal charges were filed against a guy for vowing to kill Eric Cantor, that right-wingers have to deal with cranks too. But then, unlike Robert Gibbs, those of us who weren’t in a coma during the Bush years already knew that.

Two clips below, one of the egging and the other via Ryan Dixon of Breitbart amusingly trying to explain to a local cop who is and what he’s doing mingling with a hostile crowd. (Cue the “he was asking for it!” cries.) Meanwhile, Salon editor Joan Walsh is very off-put indeed by the conservatives crowing at her today about the threat to Cantor. Never mind that demagoging alleged tea-party violence for political advantage long ago became a bona fide subgenre of hack left-wing punditry, with Frank Rich proving once again yesterday that he remains the undisputed master of the totalitarian art. Longtime HA readers can guess which link I’m about to crown this post with, and I won’t disappoint them. Go ye and read (again).

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Where was the drive-by media when this anti/kill Bush BS was happening!? Where was the condemnation from Democrats extolling their supporters to cut it out.

This is what makes me angry at Republicans. When CNN and Democrats were accusing TP’s of racial slurs, instead of apologizing, they should have held up these pictures and asked, where was your outrage then. I didn’t see any Republicans on camera in those days demanding apologies.

Some of these pictures I have seen, but not all.

SoldiersMom on March 29, 2010 at 9:37 PM

Every citizen needs a camera at all times.

JellyToast on March 29, 2010 at 9:26 PM

Individuals with phone cameras and Andrew Breitbart were not available to counter the weight of the screaming leftwing advocacy of the MSM in the past. That combination is going to debunk the entirety of the MSM’s song and dance for Oliar.

ontherocks on March 29, 2010 at 9:37 PM

Main stream media all over this. Oh wait…

Reid supporters are really Reid supporters, not paid thugs. Oh wait…

Andrew Breitbart is a great American. He is really putting himself out there, not just creating a bunch of web sites. I respect that. I remember watching Michelle walking around outside the DNC before the election and that angry fat toad harassing her. I don’t think I realized that these people are putting themselves in physical harm from these bastards. Until I saw her. Now I pay attention. Thank you Michelle. Thank you Andrew. Thank you all.

Mr_Magoo on March 29, 2010 at 9:39 PM

I am he
and he is she
and she is we
and we are all together.
They are the eggmen. Koo-Koo…

wordsmithy2009 on March 29, 2010 at 9:41 PM

Andrew looks cool with the shades.

RobCon on March 29, 2010 at 9:48 PM

So by their logic, the Congressional Black Circus and Nancy Pelosi “were asking for it” when they walked through a hostile crowd?

GarandFan on March 29, 2010 at 9:51 PM

“Get him out of here or I’m going to jail today!”

Wow, way to be tolerant, you f**king halfwit.

mjk on March 29, 2010 at 8:47 PM

and no, it’s not a reflection on all liberals.

AP

I realize, Allah, that you have appearances to keep and you may be technically correct, but spare me the politician’s rhetoric.

I see this type of stuff all too often, and if you believe otherwise, you live in a bubble. Personally, I think it is, in part, a reflection of many liberals just by the nature of liberalism. Be that as it may, the impetus behind the behavior is the pass that these people receive from the media. They feel justified, encouraged even, because as everyone knows that has half a brain, the right are just bad people. It’s official.

Saltysam on March 29, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Liberals are so full of hate.

TN Mom on March 29, 2010 at 10:01 PM

because as everyone knows that has half a brain,
Saltysam on March 29, 2010 at 9:54 PM

You just laid out the qualifier for all great leftist (oxymoron I know) groupthink.

ontherocks on March 29, 2010 at 10:06 PM

GarandFan on March 29, 2010 at 9:51 PM

Win.

HAnthonyWayne on March 29, 2010 at 10:07 PM

ontherocks on March 29, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Nice catch. I like it.

Saltysam on March 29, 2010 at 10:10 PM

ontherocks on March 29, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Nice catch. I like it.

Saltysam on March 29, 2010 at 10:10 PM

It looks like a glib comment, but you hit on a truth about the whole liberal/mental disorder brain disconnect thing.
I couldn’t let it pass, since that one line covers utopia, unicorns and everything that critical thinking would just disembowel in a second.

ontherocks on March 29, 2010 at 10:28 PM

“Union goons” takes too long to say. Can’t we just start calling them “goonions”?

Bruce in NH on March 29, 2010 at 10:42 PM

“goonions”?

Bruce in NH on March 29, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Works for me, you may need to copyright, or depending on the outcome, trademark that, but it has a certain truthyness.

ontherocks on March 29, 2010 at 10:48 PM

Anybody here want to re-enact the scene from Ghandi where the protesters walk up one group at a time to be beaten by the police?

Not me.

Dr. ZhivBlago on March 29, 2010 at 11:06 PM

Correction.. those were neo-Tea Party buses. Not to be confused with the Tea Party of old (before it was co-opted by the neocons).

popularpeoplesfront on March 29, 2010 at 11:11 PM

The font used for “Reid” on the signs is a hoot! Kinda like old-time saloon signs advertising “Sarsaparilla” or “Old Overcoat Miracle Tonic”. Hawwy Weid: crossing over to the 20th century any day now!

ya2daup on March 29, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Using the word ‘neocon’ ought to be a death penalty offense.

rayra on March 29, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Is Nancy going to give a weeping address with regards to this and how similar it was to *sniff*, the violence in San Francisco back in the 70’s?

ted c on March 29, 2010 at 8:39 PM

Come and see the violence inherent in the system!

ya2daup on March 29, 2010 at 11:23 PM

These goons are obviously not motivated by political zeal and how did they all come up with those nice professional signs? I suppose in their enthusiasm they just spent their own time and money on them. Further, bear in mind that communism, nazism and socialism are all left-wing phenomena and one needs not go far to see how people fared under those systems. Brown Shirts, anyone?

LarryG on March 29, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Anyone just see Bill vs Sharpton. Sharpton was caught lying about seeing a tape of people using racial slurs at the Tea Party rally in DC. Bill should have hammered him on that for lying, but he let him back track.

bucsox79 on March 29, 2010 at 8:22 PM

BOR was pretty pathetic in that interview. He won’t go after Sharpton because the Rev Al would never come back. I wrote Rev Al a few months ago and asked when he was going to help the group of misguided Denver youth that was attacking whites. Still waiting for an answer from NAN.

jack herman on March 29, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Reid has supporters?
lavell12 on March 29, 2010 at 8:07 PM

Not really, those folks were paid

DSchoen on March 29, 2010 at 11:42 PM

How does Ms. Walsh know that the bullet through the window at Mr. Cantor’s office wasn’t personal? There seems to be a large number of clairvoyants on the Left. Everything directed at the Right is random and all words and symbols used by the Right are subliminal messages to attack the Left. Alternative universe.

Cindy Munford on March 29, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Related with good advice from The American Thinker:

“The Next Moves of the Alinsky Left”

onlineanalyst on March 29, 2010 at 11:53 PM

Wasn’t the tone of the rabid Left set during the ObaMao inauguration when punks felt obliged to hurl shoes as the Bushes left D.C.? (Weren’t they original? They take their cues from a disgruntled Muslim.)

onlineanalyst on March 29, 2010 at 11:59 PM

Reid has supporters?
lavell12 on March 29, 2010 at 8:07 PM

Not really, those folks were paid

DSchoen on March 29, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Think that comment is just hyperbole.

Think again. This is how the Left does “grassroots”.

Saltysam on March 30, 2010 at 12:45 AM

Reid has supporters?
lavell12 on March 29, 2010 at 8:07 PM

Not really, those folks were paid

DSchoen on March 29, 2010 at 11:42 PM

(Oops. Let me try this again.)

Think that comment is just hyperbole?

Think again. This is how the Left does “grassroots”.

Saltysam on March 30, 2010 at 1:00 AM

I love Andrew Breitbart, and I love the Tea party movement, and looks like it was a great event, and I’m glad they got all this on tape, but I feel sorry for that poor cop having to sit there in his car and listen to Andrew grandstand while I’m sure the cop has better things to do.

YehuditTX on March 30, 2010 at 1:20 AM

Nobody should be surprised that the left has hired thugs out to cause problems. They have been using dirty and unethical tactics for decades now. The only thing that surprises me is that they didn’t actually assault Breitbart.

The Tea Party needs to have camera crews at every event that are used to take video of the lefty thugs. They need to start identifying them so that they can post clear and unassailable refutations of any disgusting things they do and try to blame on the Tea Party.

Hawthorne on March 30, 2010 at 3:06 AM

I was at the Tea Party which was my first. It was wonderful as the people were so enthusiastic to see Sarah and hear her ecouraging words. Andrew Breitbart gave a nice speech and also Hannah Giles was there and she said a few words. The Tea Party must grow and keep up their spirits and as Sarah said, “Don’t Retreat but Reload”. We all must vote in November and take our country back from these democrats that are killing this country. After hearing Sarah and others, I am encouraged. May God Bless these folks that are on the road for all of us. KCinLV

KCinLV on March 30, 2010 at 3:21 AM

Now I like that! This is something that should stick!

metroryder on March 30, 2010 at 4:34 AM

YehuditTX on March 30, 2010 at 1:20 AM

Breitbart had a purpose. The cameras were rolling and he was both memorializing the event and making sure the cops were clear on what had actually happened, in case more of the same or worse occurred either there or at the rally itself.

Nichevo on March 30, 2010 at 6:10 AM

Andrew Breitbart: “I’m living a pretty interesting life right now.”

Please, Andrew, pleeeeease come out with more investigative videos. You took ACORN down. Who’s next?

Grace_is_sufficient on March 30, 2010 at 6:23 AM

I take it, the animals in these videos, STILL have no proof of “threatened” tea party violence?

MNHawk on March 30, 2010 at 8:06 AM

Anyone else notice the German Cross on the first lady’s sunglasses? Just an observation.

PappaMac on March 30, 2010 at 10:51 AM

Was the Move On guy who bit the finger off the Tea Party member ever apprehended?

Have the SEIU guys that beat up the Tea Party guy ever been prosecuted?

Has Eric Holder ever discussed, under oath, why he dropped the charges against the New Black Panther party members with weapons at the polling places in PA?

Has the MSM ever even run these stories?

Am I 7’2″ white center for the LA Lakers?

barnone on March 30, 2010 at 11:08 AM

Any lib moron that makes the mistake of saying that to me won”t have to worry about going to jail,I promise. I’ll be the one in jail while he is in route to the Trama CenterSo let it be said,So let it be done.

nukeemnow on March 30, 2010 at 11:38 AM

I can tell ya right now that Mr. Bravery there has never been in a Washoe Co. lockup, or he wouldn’t be so sanguine about being tossed in there with the animals.

mojo on March 30, 2010 at 1:25 PM

It was fascinating watching the gametime coaching going on from the Workers International Unite. It looked like the head coach was the white, mustached male wearing the reflective WIU vest who a) kept his back to the camera and b) stepped over when the tempers from his crew got too boisterous and seemed to order them away from Breitbart.

It’s so classic. Leadership points and the paid help barks. Losing the argument? Increase volume. Opponent persists? Start chant. Opponent still not afraid? Shove object in opponent’s face, push, and verbally threaten. Opponent still not bullied? Order crew away before violence gets caught on tape and union gets hauled into court. Textbook Street Agitation for Dummies.

Bad PR for the union thugs. Good for Breitbart et al.

AnonymousDrivel on March 30, 2010 at 2:05 PM

The Left are at WAR with the RIGHT!!

Liberals are sure confused at who the real
enemy is!!