Poll: Blogger’s approval rating a cool 84%

posted at 9:19 pm on March 29, 2010 by Allahpundit

So says a survey of 80 right-wing bloggers. Alternate headline: “John Hawkins compiles most shameless traffic-baiting post evah.”

As for my numbers, I’m as surprised as you are. What kind of Chamberlain-esque RINO candy-ass population are we cultivating here?

How do you feel about Allah (Hot Air)?
Strongly like: 37% (29 votes)
Like: 47% (37 votes)
Dislike: 11% (9 votes)
Strongly dislike: 3% (3 votes)

Thanks to those who voted for being so nice; I fully expected to finish underwater. Hawkins was thoughtful enough to name all of the bloggers who responded, too, so now I get to guess who the 12 “dislikes” were. (Hmmmmm.) Follow the link up top to compare the numbers for around 20 other right-wing media people. In a field with Rush, Beck, and Michelle, the surprise top finisher — and the only person to receive “like” votes from everyone — was Thomas Sowell. The bottom finisher? Not as much of a surprise, and no, it’s not Frum. Exit question: Kathleen Parker is more popular than Ron Paul? The paleocons really are finished, aren’t they?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Mr Purple on March 30, 2010 at 6:11 AM

Don’t forget your meds…helps to take them before you begin blogging…

right2bright on March 30, 2010 at 7:14 AM

Let’s put it this way. I voted with the mainstream in that poll.

JammieWearingFool on March 30, 2010 at 7:24 AM

I see that Paul Ryan gets a solid 97%. Why is he not listed in the top ten?

Jeff M on March 29, 2010 at 11:05 PM

Did you read the writeup, or did you assume Ron Paul when you saw “Paul”?

steveegg on March 30, 2010 at 7:49 AM

Congrats, AllahPundit. And while I may not always agree with you, I do like you.

rbj on March 30, 2010 at 8:15 AM

My comments put HA over the top… You’re welcome.

;)

mankai on March 30, 2010 at 8:19 AM

OK Allah-while there are times I find your rhetoric amusing, & can concede you have points to make, the paltry # of votes you got can’t begin to assess opinion of you.
Just sayin’.
I do enjoy HA however, no matter who is blogging-you or Ed.

Badger40 on March 30, 2010 at 8:30 AM

I was in Marjah. I didn’t getta vote.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Did I count that right…78 votes total? A veritable snapshot of America. I wonder how many of those bloggers answered as they did in hopes they would receive the same kind, if not honest, treatment?

Extrafishy on March 30, 2010 at 8:58 AM

Since Allah isn’t “right” it makes them look good.

Haunches on March 30, 2010 at 9:31 AM

And he was the only blogger in the poll. Hmmmmmm, bloggers voted for another blogger. Color me surprised.

darwin-t on March 30, 2010 at 10:10 AM

Congrats AP. But be careful, you must be aware that this fickle group could turn against you in a heart beat. Heh!

jeanie on March 30, 2010 at 11:23 AM

I may not always agree with you; but what do you have if what you hear or read always agrees with you?

Franklyn on March 30, 2010 at 2:00 PM

I am by no means a Ron Paul fan. When I speak of Rev@lution I speak of 1776.

I will say this much to Ron Paul fans. His ‘St@rmfr@nt’ support used to bother me profusely. No more.

In fact I have photographic evidence that would probably cause Mr Paul some real problems on that front, but I will not damage him with it. I obtained this evidence by manipulating a URL address at St@rmfr@nt in search of evidence against Mr Paul during the 2008 campaign.

Seeing Rev Wright’s racism excused and the lamestream media desperately trying to label Tea Partiers as racist has drastically changed my views.

I have recently discarded 40 years of what I had been taught of racism. I had erroneously believed that racism was something that was denounced by all regardless of color no matter who it was directed at.

In today’s world I see comics on HBO hurl racist comments towards white people and it is viewed as entertainment. I see Condi gleefully labelled a ‘house n-word’ without serious condemnation. I see people who stand against Obama on policy and they are labeled racists.

I now discount racism – except to hurl the charge at liberals. Democrats have a long history of racism and in that regard and it is an effective charge.

Ron Paul’s support at St@rmfr@nt no longer bothers me. They are no different than Rev Wright’s congregation in my eyes.

I may not agree with their beliefs but I will not call them racist anymore. If ‘black power’ is acceptable then so is ‘white power’. There is no difference in my newly opened eyes. Black Panthers can stand outside voting stations holding clubs without consequence – so St@rmfr@nt members should be allowed to do the same.

If they don KKK hoods and hold burning crosses I will simply give them a polite ‘Hello’. I am not their enemy – so they will not be mine.

Mr Purple on March 30, 2010 at 6:11 AM

This post is the gift/curse of the Obama presidency. Post racial doesn’t necessarily mean what the MSM wants it to mean. Indifference is the ultimate equality.

DFCtomm on March 30, 2010 at 2:39 PM

Don’t forget your meds…helps to take them before you begin blogging…

right2bright on March 30, 2010 at 7:14 AM

I don’t take or need any myself – but I’m sure you are quite the expert on posting while drugged up on anti-pysychotics.

I’ll be sure to come to you for advice should I ever get prescribed anythig,

Oh….and I’m not blogging, I’m posting a comment on a blog. Those meds must really have you hallucinating.

Mr Purple on March 30, 2010 at 4:13 PM