Bounce gone: Obama’s approval back to normal in Gallup, Rasmussen

posted at 5:52 pm on March 28, 2010 by Allahpundit

Via Centristnet, the exciting conclusion to yesterday’s “maybe this is a trend, maybe it isn’t” navel-gazing on the downturn in the Gallup and Rasmussen daily trackers. Remember when Bill Clinton predicted that Obama’s numbers would rise 10 points “the minute health care passed”? What he neglected to mention was that that rise would last, oh, about five days. Two weeks ago, The One stood at 46/47 in Gallup and 46/53 in Rasmussen; after the bill passed, he bounced up to 50/44 in the former and 49/51 in the latter. Today? Back to 46/46 and 47/53, respectively. Still room left to fall? I’d bet yes, given that stories like this that are only just starting to trickle out into newspapers:

Better beat the crowd and find a doctor.

Primary care physicians already are in short supply in parts of the country, and the landmark health overhaul that will bring them millions more newly insured patients in the next few years promises extra strain…

Yet recently published reports predict a shortfall of roughly 40,000 primary care doctors over the next decade, a field losing out to the better pay, better hours and higher profile of many other specialties. Provisions in the new law aim to start reversing that tide, from bonus payments for certain physicians to expanded community health centers that will pick up some of the slack…

Massachusetts offers a snapshot of how giving more people insurance naturally drives demand. The Massachusetts Medical Society last fall reported just over half of internists and 40 percent of family and general practitioners weren’t accepting new patients, an increase in recent years as the state implemented nearly universal coverage.

That’s from the AP, which changed its original alarming headline for the story to something more Obama-friendly after the fact. Meanwhile, Henry Waxman’s doing his best to try to intimidate companies that are making too much noise about the new costs imposed by O-Care. Which is fine by me; the more bullied businesses feel, the sweeter the House hearings on ObamaCare organized by the new GOP majority next year will be. Put on the brass knuckles, Henry. Get ‘em good and mad.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

HEHE.

blatantblue on March 28, 2010 at 7:08 PM
============================================
Waaaayyyyy to much info there, about you pulling groins not your own. Maybe you and Jetboy should hook up.

Liam on March 28, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Liam: OOOOOOOOhhh MMyyyy Fffrreeaaggiiinn eeaarrrs!!:)

canopfor on March 28, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Liam on March 28, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Grow_Brains is OK. It’s a hit and run troller.

Lanceman on March 28, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Wasn’t he s’posed to visit the troops in Afgonistan today?
Wonder how that went?

Lanceman on March 28, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Which side did he visit?

Aviator on March 28, 2010 at 7:18 PM

i love womenz

blatantblue on March 28, 2010 at 7:13 PM

So do I. I’m a hardcore lesbian stuck in a man’s body.

Liam on March 28, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Grow_Brains is OK. It’s a hit and run troller.

Lanceman on March 28, 2010 at 7:18 PM

It should be hit by a Mack truck and the driver keeps runnin’.

Liam on March 28, 2010 at 7:19 PM

OOOOOOOOhhh MMyyyy Fffrreeaaggiiinn eeaarrrs!!:)

canopfor on March 28, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Well! I expect that kind of language at Denny’s but not here!

Lanceman on March 28, 2010 at 7:21 PM

Grow_Brains, and, to a lesser degree cur6, don’t really hijack threads. They spout their nonsense and split.

Lanceman on March 28, 2010 at 7:22 PM

How about we put out the libs like we would the trash? We ignore them. Let them spew, but we together act as if they never posted at all?

Liam on March 28, 2010 at 7:23 PM

Liam on March 28, 2010 at 7:23 PM

That actually worked quite well on one last night.

Aviator on March 28, 2010 at 7:24 PM

That reminds me. I need to change my registration back to R before the primary. Soon, we’ll all be in our pools playing Marco! Rubio!

Lanceman on March 28, 2010 at 6:59 PM

Crack me up…

lovingmyUSA on March 28, 2010 at 7:25 PM

lovingmyUSA on March 28, 2010 at 7:08 PM
I think chasdal left out the sarc tag, hon.
I could be wrong.

Lanceman on March 28, 2010 at 7:11 PM

I KNEW I should have put whiskey in that cup of coffee…

lovingmyUSA on March 28, 2010 at 7:26 PM

Aviator on March 28, 2010 at 7:24 PM

Good! They don’t belong here, they come as one admitted only to mess up the site. Dave Rywall attacked a Latina the other day fir not using an ‘American’ moniker. We deserve better.

Liam on March 28, 2010 at 7:27 PM

I think the only reason Obama did as well in the WaPo poll as he did was that a lot of it was polled a couple of days back…that and WaPo always polls Obama about 5 points ahead.

I think there will be all sorts of unintended consequences come out of this bill…that is a mistake people always make, they think they can control everything and of course you can’t.

Terrye on March 28, 2010 at 7:27 PM

lovingmyUSA on March 28, 2010 at 7:05 PM
Is the Tea Party going to Iowa? It will be in North Platte and Omaha on Thursday. Good to see you on Meaty’s FB.

yoda on March 28, 2010 at 7:14 PM

I need to check my emails about that…I got to see Sarah when she came to Des Moines–I shook her hand, and was in the front line…

lovingmyUSA on March 28, 2010 at 7:28 PM

So do I. I’m a hardcore lesbian stuck in a man’s body.

Liam on March 28, 2010 at 7:18 PM

me tooo
me toooooo

blatantblue on March 28, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Liam on March 28, 2010 at 7:27 PM

Even Drywall ain’t that bad…

Lanceman on March 28, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Even Drywall ain’t that bad…

Lanceman on March 28, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Yes, he is. I was online at the time, in the thread. I complained to HA Admin over it, sent an email.

Liam on March 28, 2010 at 7:31 PM

lovingmyUSA on March 28, 2010 at 7:28 PM

When she runs for President, she’s getting the max $2500 from me.

But I’m getting a picture and maybe a hug!

Lanceman on March 28, 2010 at 7:31 PM

If liberals want to stop at nothing, neither will I. They can post all they like, but we aren’t required to bother with them.

Liam on March 28, 2010 at 7:40 PM

When she runs for President, she’s getting the max $2500 from me.

But I’m getting a picture and maybe a hug!

Lanceman on March 28, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Amen, brother, Amen.

Man did she look hot in that biker leather jacket. WOWSA!

lukespapa on March 28, 2010 at 7:41 PM

Grow Fins–notorious liberal–freaked on another thread when I suggested we ignore the trolls. Fins asked if I’m “God of HA”, which everyone knows isn’t the case. I’m a regular guy, like the rest of you. And Fins knows it, too.

But Fins feels threatened by the idea of being ignored, which is what I ask us all to do with the trolls: ignore them. Give them no credence because, really as we all have seen, they don’t deserve any.

Liam on March 28, 2010 at 7:46 PM

“Obooba’s approval back to normal/in the toilet, swirling, swirling…”

Rush said the other day, regarding Obooba’s one-term certainty, “If there are any more elections.” Heh. He was joking, right? Right?

Akzed on March 28, 2010 at 7:50 PM

lovingmyUSA on March 28, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Omaha Conservative, huskerdiva and I will be at the one in Omaha and will take lots of photos.

yoda on March 28, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Fins asked if I’m “God of HA”, which everyone knows isn’t the case. I’m a regular guy, like the rest of you… Liam on March 28, 2010 at 7:46 PM

Aw crap!

Akzed on March 28, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Well, the lefty trolls were tripping over themselves to post that Gallup poll in the comments last week showing a minor bump for ObamaCare…where are they now?

AUINSC on March 28, 2010 at 7:53 PM

I was going to her book signing in Sioux City, but had something come up at the last minute. yoda on March 28, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Like, what? Parent’s funeral? Gunshot wound? What?

Akzed on March 28, 2010 at 7:53 PM

yoda on March 28, 2010 at 7:50 PM

If you don’t post those photos, I’m going get Jimbo3, who is willing to rat people out, to turn you in to the Dept of Human Services. So there! LOL

Liam on March 28, 2010 at 7:53 PM

Aw crap!

Akzed on March 28, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Yeah, it was cute.

Liam on March 28, 2010 at 7:54 PM

Another idol with feet o’ clay!

Akzed on March 28, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Liam on March 28, 2010 at 7:46 PM

I agree to a certain extent–I think we (myself included) have let them get under our skin alittle too much. Full out attack mode can be counter-productive, especially if you have someone who is afraid to say anything or they will get flamed.

I recommended this site to a fence-sitter, (indept. that voted for Obama). He has been debating one of us on my fb page. I thought he would like to come here and debate, but the day I recommended him we were having a flame war with someone–can’t remember who…

We have to allow for a diversity of opinion, but I don’t excuse stupidity…

lovingmyUSA on March 28, 2010 at 7:58 PM

Liam on March 28, 2010 at 7:53 PM

Nooooo pleeeeze don’t call Jimbo3. We don’t need no stinkin’ tattletales!!!

yoda on March 28, 2010 at 7:58 PM

Liam on March 28, 2010 at 7:31 PM

What I mean, is, they don’t hang around for longanninca*cough*

They make me mad and go away. I like being mad.

Lanceman on March 28, 2010 at 8:02 PM

It’s going to be interesting to see Gibbs spin the sinking poll numbers now.

farright on March 28, 2010 at 8:02 PM

We have to allow for a diversity of opinion, but I don’t excuse stupidity…

lovingmyUSA on March 28, 2010 at 7:58 PM

I’m all for free speech; I want no one banned for their beliefs like on HuffPo or Kos. All are welcome to speak. Even we Cons debate among ourselves on points of detail. At the end of the day, if it comes down to it, we’ll buy each other a beer and scope out the chicks in the bar.

Not so from the trolls. Sure, they can speak all they wish but, we aren’t required to give them the time of day. I believe we all should just act as if they never posted, to talk among ourselves to exchange ideas and information as a team. The trolls who come here–to disrupt the site–aren’t part of the team.

As is my view.

Liam on March 28, 2010 at 8:03 PM

The physician shortage will only get worse as the government imposes more and more price controls on the medical community on the guise of “saving money”.

It’ll be like the saga of rent control: the good news will be that the product is cheap (or free), the bad news is that it’s no longer available.

Doesn’t anyone in the Democrat party understand basic economics?

PackerBronco on March 28, 2010 at 5:59 PM

Ask a NYer – lifelong Democrat of course – who pays $2500 a month for a 400 sq ft apartment. His answer will be, rent control is fantabulous.

angryed on March 28, 2010 at 8:06 PM

Actually, I want the trolls to be the worst they can be. I want their invective, their slanders. I want their foul language, and them to spew all their hate.

I can use it all against other liberals in other places. And for decent people here to see just what is a liberal. And so on, and so on.

Liam on March 28, 2010 at 8:08 PM

At the end of the day, if it comes down to it, we’ll buy each other a beer and scope out the chicks in the bar…
Liam on March 28, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Umm, not me…I’ll be checking out the dudes for alpha male characteristics…

lovingmyUSA on March 28, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Umm, not me…I’ll be checking out the dudes for alpha male characteristics…

lovingmyUSA on March 28, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Oh, c’mon! If I can admit to being lesbian, you can surely take a walk on the wild side….LOL

Liam on March 28, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Liam on March 28, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Sigh–you guys and your favorite fantasy…
I walk on the wild side, just not THAT way…don’t think thee is is enuff whiskey…

lovingmyUSA on March 28, 2010 at 8:16 PM

lovingmyUSA on March 28, 2010 at 8:16 PM

LOL

Just had to give you a hard time since you let me get away with it.

Liam on March 28, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Liam on March 28, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Wow, brother. I like your anti-engage the trolls crusade. I started last night with Ann ignoring her posts, and I agree. They are here just to throw us off our game. So. Not. Worth. Responding. To.

OmahaConservative on March 28, 2010 at 8:20 PM

OmahaConservative on March 28, 2010 at 8:20 PM

Right–but you guys will have to hold me back if atheling goes off her meds again…or do you have that 300lbs of jello and the pit all ready…

lovingmyUSA on March 28, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Obooba’s approval back to normal/in the toilet, swirling, swirling…”

Akzed on March 28, 2010 at 7:50 PM
——————————————————– After making that comment, Rush said “I am serious.”

mobydutch on March 28, 2010 at 8:24 PM

OmahaConservative on March 28, 2010 at 8:20 PM

This is OPUR place, to keep each other uplifted. The trolls come here only to muck it up, and one admitted that was his reason. So, if one does it, they all do in the same way all Rea Partiers are racists.

Libs can post all they want here. We, however, aren’t required to acknowledge them. Like their master, they seek validation. If they hunger for it, they have the MSM, Kos, and HuffPo. I’m of the opinion we have better things to do.

Liam on March 28, 2010 at 8:24 PM

lovingmyUSA on March 28, 2010 at 8:23 PM

We lust-laden freaky guys and lesbians can get all that together right away. Watch us REALLY get into action!

Liam on March 28, 2010 at 8:26 PM

Liam on March 28, 2010 at 8:24 PM

So it’s feed ‘em or starve ‘em…does this account for mood swings?

lovingmyUSA on March 28, 2010 at 8:33 PM

The the funny thing is that these businesses are going to have to spend money because they are losing a subsidy…

I think we need some perspective on ObamaCare… it’s arguably less socialistic than what Nixon proposed and Teddy rejected….

ninjapirate on March 28, 2010 at 6:27 PM

You’ve posted numerous comments, yesterday and today, about the fact that these charge-offs are occurring because the companies’ subsidies are being eliminated. You have insinuated that taxpayers should be happy these awful subsidies are ending. Like most liberals, you are seriously misinformed:

These subsidies, while characterized by Democrats as “loopholes,” actually saved the government money because it cost less to subsidize private drug programs than for the government to provide the same benefit through Medicare.

Try to learn some actual facts before telling us again how “we need some perspective on ObamaCare.”

AZCoyote on March 28, 2010 at 8:36 PM

Sarah Palin: Warning: Subject to New Politically Correct Language Police Censorship
Juno77 on March 28, 2010 at 6:36 PM

SP should watch out, she might get banned by AP.
Holger on March 28, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Hehe.

Juno77 on March 28, 2010 at 8:42 PM

He can’t silence the states that are going to be doing the same thing.

snickelfritz on March 28, 2010 at 8:43 PM

You might find this amusing, Liam, if you haven’t already seen it:

Flame warriors, trolling, etc.

justltl on March 28, 2010 at 9:07 PM

I hope he fails and it gets R&R’ed.

OmahaConservative on March 28, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Heh. Sadly, conservatives cannot afford to rest and relax now. Repeal and replace will be an epic battle. Republicans better eat their Wheaties.

chunderroad on March 28, 2010 at 9:07 PM

It was the “bring it on” comment he made. We want a president not some thug.

Obama should have said their are people that see things differently, there are parts of the bill that they do not agree with. i am willing to rework parts of the bill to deal iwht these concerns and to make the american people comfortable with this bill. not bring it on

unseen on March 28, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Except that businesses are in the business of being busy, and last time I checked, Waxman’s got four quarters worth of time and $500 billion worth of stimulus to work his magic. By the time Henwy is done, the best the Republicans will be able to muster is an odd-man-out libertarian owner of a Wingers franchise.

You’ll get your pound of flesh, Allah. On C-Span.

spmat on March 28, 2010 at 11:59 PM

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 52% of U.S. voters believe the average member of the Tea Party movement has a better understanding of the issues facing America today than the average member of Congress. Only 30% believe that those in Congress have a better understanding of the key issues facing the nation.

J_Crater on March 29, 2010 at 1:14 AM

Henry Waxman has to be the most grotesque gargoyle ever elected to Congress. Can’t my city do better than this potato bug?

leftnomore on March 29, 2010 at 2:54 AM

leftnomore on March 29, 2010 at 2:54 AM

At least he owns a pair of brass knuckles, apparently.

Grace_is_sufficient on March 29, 2010 at 5:20 AM