Live video: McCain/Palin rally in Tucson

posted at 2:57 pm on March 26, 2010 by Allahpundit

Maverick’s staffers are promising a “meaty” speech from Palin, which is all the traffic bait I need. I’m expecting a rehash of her op-ed this morning in the Arizona Republic — heavy on McCain’s biography with a few reminders of his recent stances against Hopenchange — but it’ll be interesting to see if she tries to sell him as the true “true conservative” in the race. Good luck, Sarah.

She’s set to go on around 3:15. Click the image below to watch live on McCain’s campaign website, but if that crashes (and it probably will), your back-up is CNN’s live feed. Exit question: Who said it? “I don’t dislike her in the way people assume. I respect any woman who can go out and kick ass in politics.”

Update: If the other feeds aren’t working for you, here’s another.

mc-live

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Andersonville Dejavu?

This week I received and watched a dvd I sent away for Andersonville: the story of the brutal prisoner of war camp during the U.S. civil war.

This thread any many of the threads on Hot Air reminds me of one of the prime principles revealed in that film:

1. The prisoners in the camp, who were all prisoners of one side who treated them very badly, began to viciously fight each other which was an occurrence that ended with tragic results.

Basil Fawlty on March 26, 2010 at 5:12 PM

TENCOLE 5:06 PM:

See my explanation three comments above yours. If that’s not legitimiate justification for you, get over it yourself.

JimP on March 26, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Just because I didn’t marvel over your immigration proposals on the other thread doesn’t mean you have to get all snarky over here!

Jenfidel on March 26, 2010 at 5:01 PM

That’s not snark at all. What you and others are doing by using a commenter’s name as an epithet is lame. That’s all.

It’s not grown up behavior. You wouldn’t do that to someone in the same room as you, however much you disagreed with them.

Your lack of marvel, or to be more accurate, thoughtful consideration, doesn’t enter into it.

TheUnrepentantGeek on March 26, 2010 at 5:15 PM

ha ha he’s so desperate he’s got to call in the person who sank him against Obama

Dave Rywall on March 26, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Wait…first it was just Palin. She was the only one. Now it’s Palin and Rush? And just for some months last year?

Interesting.

MadisonConservative on March 26, 2010 at 4:21 PM

No, she said Rush in the beginning. Sorry, it’s true. :)

Though I still maintain, Jenfidel, has not one congressman or other pundit said the same things as Sarah? Perhaps Beck? Bachman? Liz Cheney? All I hope to do is inspire more critical thinking. When I hear she’s the only one, I know something is amiss. I have the same steady diet of media…granted, I have sworn off facebook, but, I do read her blurbs when she writes them. :) I’ve actually thought them to be fairly “safe” considering others I’ve read/listened to.

Diane on March 26, 2010 at 5:16 PM

You keep on polarizin’ Sarah-baby. You will drag the elite GOP idiots over the finish line in 2012.

Some of you folks must not live in the real world.

Do you know how many people out here in flyover country would give a rat’s patootie for some intellectual genius to run the country versus someone who has common sense and knows how to balance a checkbook?

Answer: None.

Enough is enough of the educated, intellectual class. I run two businesses for about 10 members of the elitist class, some conservative, most liberal and I can tell you they don’t know a minus from a plus sign. It’s all about theory and how good they make themselves feel by spouting all sorts of “grow fins”.

shomegirl on March 26, 2010 at 5:03 PM

+100

Well said

Norwegian on March 26, 2010 at 5:18 PM

TheUnrepentantGeek on March 26, 2010 at 5:15 PM

MUCH agreed.

Diane on March 26, 2010 at 5:18 PM

JimP on March 26, 2010 at 5:00 PM

Well said. She’s either Palin the stupid or Palin the sellout with her support of McCain. There is no conservative reason to support a turncoat self aggrandizing douche like Backdoor John McCain. I wonder, is any one on his staff going to start trashing her again? Or do we just save that for Presidential elections?

To hell with them both. I’d rather lose his seat to a Democrat than put that old loser back in there and let him take the reins back from Lindsey Graham as biggest backstabbing tool in the Republican Party.

austinnelly on March 26, 2010 at 5:19 PM

LOL There was a fight over him. For the record, I think he’ll outlive Hugh Hefner.

chunderroad on March 26, 2010 at 5:20 PM

She should have just said something like, “Um sorry, I’m too busy t help you out. I am trying to repair my reputation after your idiot campaign advisors started telling people I’m too stupid to know Africa is a continent and what the Korean War was about.”

Speedwagon82 on March 26, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Some of you folks must not live in the real world.

Answer: None.

shomegirl on March 26, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Stupid. You need that hated intellectual class to reign in crass populism, and “flyovers” to reign in the elites. Think symbiosis. Stop bifurcating the GOP. I’m sick of that, on both sides.

Diane on March 26, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Diane on March 26, 2010 at 5:16 PM

I said she was (emphasis on past tense) the only clear voice.
She’s since been joined by the others, but during last Spring and Summer, she and Rush were out there all by themselves in the glare of the MSM.
I would suggest you to, however, that she’s still the “face” of the Loyal Opposition to Obama in the minds of the public, be they GOP, Democrat or Indy.
(And a very pretty face it is, too!)

Jenfidel on March 26, 2010 at 5:25 PM

TheUnrepentantGeek on March 26, 2010 at 5:15 PM

You’re reading way too much into it, buddy.
It’s just a little HA night owl joke.
Lighten up!

Jenfidel on March 26, 2010 at 5:28 PM

I’d rather lose his seat to a Democrat than put that old loser back in there…

austinnelly on March 26, 2010 at 5:19 PM

You and the DNC. I hope you’re loving the Obama presidency.

chunderroad on March 26, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Sorry, but this is BS. The same people who are calling Palin a sell-out are the same ones that were fawning over Scott Brown as if he was a true conservative. I wanted Brown to win, but I knew what we were/are going to get with him as well. People have every right to hate on her and call McCain as a fraud. I’m not a fan of his politically, but the one GREAT (not good, great) thing he did was bring a obscure, unknown CONSERVATIVE to the forefront. My opinion would be different if he brought someone like a Graham or Lieberman. But he didn’t, so even if I disagree with him on a good number of issues, I am grateful to him for that. Palin is just returning the favor. Does it suck? of course. But this is the you scratch my back I scratch yours world of politics, love it or hate it.

For all the “Sarah sold out” arguments, I would take her over Romney who planted the Obamacare seed and argued for mandates (where’s the freedom there?), Huckabee and his failures running his state, and the “fresher faces” that sound good for now, but might have positions we don’t agree with 100%

JVelez on March 26, 2010 at 5:35 PM

Dave Rywall on March 26, 2010 at 5:16 PM

It’s like that whole financial crisis in September when McCain was ahead in the polls never happened. Americans were really more worried about what newspapers the Republican VP candidate reads than losing their 401K plans.

chunderroad on March 26, 2010 at 5:37 PM

FYI Democrats are pushing the sellout meme.

chunderroad on March 26, 2010 at 5:39 PM

The reason the Dems are promoting this meme now because they know by tomorrow night that the meme will no longer by plausible once she field-dresses Harry Reid like the proverbial moose and hangs him out to dry with the gusto of a Reagan conservative.

Dems, you can try different tactics on Palin, bur accusing her of being a RINO is not going to work.

technopeasant on March 26, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Dave Rywall on March 26, 2010 at 5:16 PM

As crazy as it sounds, Palin was the only reason he wasn’t completely demolished. Her fanbase is nothing if not dedicated.

Dark-Star on March 26, 2010 at 5:51 PM

Andersonville Dejavu?

Basil Fawlty on March 26, 2010 at 5:12 PM

I live about 65 miles from Andersonville. Walking among the dead buried there is solemn indeed.

jimmy2shoes on March 26, 2010 at 5:56 PM

austinnelly on March 26, 2010 at 5:19 PM

It’s a legitimate question why she would support the guy after he pretty much intentionally tanked his own campaign after selecting her as his XO on the Titanic- which damaged her as much as helped her, IMO. Then he sits on his hands while his hand picked staff knifes her in the back repeatedly and blames HER for the loss. Then when he’s desperate and needs some cred and charisma he calls on her to come to his aid. “Help a geezer out, Sarah?” “Forgive and forget, Sarah?” What a low, vile POS. Loyalty is a two way street. The guy is a snake and a user with the loyalty of Judas. In fact, at least Judas got some cash. McCain will sell you out for a spot on Letterman or to merely indulge his overwhelming moral vanity. I’m a Viet Nam vet and I respect what Mac did in Nam. But, he gave away his Honor with his behavior over the last decade or so.

Sarah, you’re too good for him. Leave him to his fate.

JimP on March 26, 2010 at 5:58 PM

To those who would rather have a democrat than John McCain in the seat. How much do you want America to look like Sweden or France?

The sooner you conservatives in America stop squabbling amongst yourselves and start attacking the real enemy – Barack Obama – the better off America will be.

Crux Australis on March 26, 2010 at 5:59 PM

How much do you want America to look like Sweden or France Greece?

Crux Australis on March 26, 2010 at 5:59 PM

FIFY

chunderroad on March 26, 2010 at 6:01 PM

I was at the rally, there were a ton of veterans there, when they were asked to raise there hands it seemed like every other person did.

Also, after Palin spoke for 15 min and introduced McCain, alot of people left before McCain started speaking (the vast majority stayed).

FWIW, I thought both speeches were fine. I don’t care much for political speeches in general, talk is cheap.

commodore on March 26, 2010 at 6:11 PM

None of the sites are streaming it now, any recorded version out there?

Jason Coleman on March 26, 2010 at 6:17 PM

The loyalty of the ‘Nistas should be in question.

blatantblue on March 26, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Actually it would be interesting to do a search in HA archives and verify whether all the “supposed” Nista’s who are kicking her to the curb for this cardinal sin ever really supported her.

Half the names of those moaning about how they’re done with her, she’s a sell-out, blah, blah, blah don’t ring any bells as having come to her defense when she has been attacked by the anti-Palin crowd here.

katiejane on March 26, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Even Palin has enough common sense to know that electing an idiot like Hayworth is only going to push the Republican Party further out of the mainstream. Then again, someone has to take a stance against horse – human relationships (at least outside of seedy towns in Mexico).

bayam on March 26, 2010 at 6:53 PM

Now that Palin is out of the running for 2012, and she is, the social cons will have to endorse the fatter version of her – Huckabee.

As much as Romney ain’t no conservative stalwart with his game show hairdo and hollywood looks, he is the best of a bad bunch of players.

keep the change on March 26, 2010 at 6:59 PM

keep the change on March 26, 2010 at 6:59 PM

Nope, not playing that game two elections in a row.

Cindy Munford on March 26, 2010 at 7:01 PM

ha ha he’s sp desperate he’s got to call in the person who sank him against Obama.

Dave Rywall on March 26,2010 at 5:37

Without Palin, McCain would have been slaughtered like Reagan did to Mondale. The only state Mondale covered was his home state by 2%. Its a little early for the crackpipe, isn’t it?

volsense on March 26, 2010 at 7:02 PM

If Palin tries to sell Juan McCain as a serious conservative, her credibilty will take a serious hit. The whole world knows he is a RINO and a eunuch when it comes to negotiating with the demonrats.

volsense on March 26, 2010 at 7:06 PM

For those saying the GOP won’t forgive her in 2012 for supporting McCain remember one thing: The GOP elected McCain in 2008. Is anyone who doesn’t like McCain going to vote for someone like Romeny or Huck b/c Palin endorsed McCain.

lavell12 on March 26, 2010 at 7:12 PM

While I am glad I don’t have to vote in Arizona, I will say that Mr. Hayworth is playing this to perfection. Broadly complimenting Gov. Palin for her loyalty to a man who has served Arizona well and looking forward to her campaigning for him after the primary. Nicely done.

Cindy Munford on March 26, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Campaign Finance Reform – McCain/Feingold – strike one

Amnesty for illegal aliens – McCain/Kennedy – strike two

Cap and Trade – McCain/Lieberman – strike three, yer out!!!

Ariz Republicans – you vote your conscience, but know the record.

Angry Dumbo on March 26, 2010 at 7:26 PM

keep the change on March 26, 2010 at 6:59 PM

“Now that Palin is out of the running for 2012…”

Now what gives you that idea? The 2.7 price of Huckabee on Intrade, the notice that he is not going to attend the SRLC.

On the contrary, if I were Palin I would be jumping for joy now knowing I was in the catbird seat with conservatives. Who else are conservatives going to cast their votes for? Go to the Intrade site. Nobody right now is even with 10 points of Palin.

And you must have missed the press release that Palin is receiving daily briefings from Washington and has for some time. And by targeting 20 Democratic districts she has signalled to everybody that she is a serious political player. She endorses McCain. And you don’t like it. Who are you going to vote for in the primaries? Romney. By the way Mitt also endorsed McCain in case you missed it.

technopeasant on March 26, 2010 at 7:28 PM

JVelez on March 26, 2010 at 5:35 PM

Agreed. For all my anti-McCain posts, Palin disappoints me here, but all will be forgiven as we ramp up for 2012.

Angry Dumbo on March 26, 2010 at 7:31 PM

I know many people are not going to like what I am about to write but if you are serious about not wasting your primary vote (someone you know cannot win)then you will either have to vote for Romney or Palin. Do you really want to vote for Romney or throw your vote away because Palin endorsed McCain?

technopeasant on March 26, 2010 at 7:31 PM

jimmy2shoes on March 26, 2010 at 5:56 PM

I had from reading about Andersonville got a sense of what that prisoner of war camp was like but the dvd I referred to gave me a much deeper sense of what it was like in that hell hole called Andersonville. And how that hell hole was intensified by players on the same team turning on one another and which in my opinion is a stark reminder that in view of the dangerous things for America on the Obama/Pelosi/Reid horizon, the Republican team while disputing things among themselves need to get their act together in a manner that allows the team to survive in harmony as eventually occurred in Andersonville.

Basil Fawlty on March 26, 2010 at 7:56 PM

Andersonville Dejavu?

Basil Fawlty on March 26, 2010 at 5:12 PM

I saw that too. They forgot to mention that the CSA asked to do a prisoner exchange. They also forgot to mention the request that the CSA had for food that would solely go to Andersonville, because they knew they couldn’t feed them all.

Finally, Andersonville was nothing compared to the way the North treated Southern POWs.

Tim Burton on March 26, 2010 at 8:11 PM

austinnelly on March 26, 2010 at 5:19 PM

You pretty well covered it. All I could add would be, SARAH!!! What the hell is wrong with you? This man rubbed your face in the dirt! Anything you owed him a year ago was repayed in large pieces of your hide.

If you don’t get some distance between you and an organization that wants to make you look like an imbicile (unless it suits their purpose, of course) then people are going to have to put some distance between them and you.

Mr. Grump on March 26, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Symbiosis my (insert whoever’s name = arse).

shomegirl on March 26, 2010 at 9:45 PM

volsense on March 26, 2010 at 7:06 PM

+1000

Oh and to the Republicans of Arizona…SUPPORT JD HAYWORTH AND SEND THAT FRIEND OF THE BANKSTERS MCCAIN TO THE REST HOME WHERE HE BELONGS!

BobAnthony on March 27, 2010 at 7:17 AM

I don’t live in Ariz. but if I did I would ask myself if I wanted to vote for an old man with a history of crossing the aisle (see above), based on a promise that he will not cross the aisle in the future.

I think we all agree McCain needs to go – it is the blow back on Palin that is the subject of this debate.

Angry Dumbo on March 27, 2010 at 12:27 PM

I certainly don’t agree. I voted for him for president. I sure as heck think he’s a good senator.

AnninCA on March 27, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Wait.. wasn’t she there to campaign for McCain against a Tea Party candidate? I wonder how many of the Tea Party supporters have figured out that she’s just doing the work for the GOP?

popularpeoplesfront on March 28, 2010 at 9:34 AM

pop, you can’t support the TEA Party and the GOP too? McCain is in the twilight of his career but if Arizona can’t find a better replacement than JD, God help us.

mike_NC9 on March 28, 2010 at 10:35 AM

Money Bomb JD …. please national money bomb… let us help you defeat the old, professional panderer, and lib lover.

If he stays he’ll help Pinnochio and Grahamnasty ram Amnasty and we’ll never win another election.
Retire McCain now Arizona… money bomb JD let us help you!

dhunter on March 28, 2010 at 1:42 PM

Why is this thread still up here no-one has visited it in days?
Oh I suppose its up here to try to tear Sarah down with conservatives since she is supporting the RINO who told us we had nothing to fear from Barrack Hussein Obama!

Hey John is it OK to say Barrack Hussein?

dhunter on March 28, 2010 at 1:51 PM

McCain is a vote for Obamacare. Do you think he will vote for renconciliation to stop Obamacare?
He will actively work to stop a reconciliation vote against Obamacare

PrezHussein on March 28, 2010 at 2:39 PM

I donated money to Hayworth’s campaign.

scotash on March 28, 2010 at 4:29 PM

John McCain is a disgrace. Couple his “Enemy Belligerent, Interrogation, Detention, and Prosecution Act of 2010″ with Janet’s DHS right wing extremist report and what do you have?

I hope the tea partiers enjoy their indefinite detention and waterboardings!

Rae on March 28, 2010 at 5:32 PM