Report: Obama humiliated Netanyahu at the White House

posted at 9:51 pm on March 25, 2010 by Allahpundit

I’d like to believe that this isn’t pure vindictiveness at work, that there’s an element of political strategy in it — e.g., weakening Bibi at home in order to create a more centrist coalition government, perhaps — but if I were an Israeli, I’d be so enraged that I’d want to rally behind him. So if there’s a strategy, it seems awfully stupid. If you’re coming late to the story about tensions between Obama and Netanyahu, read this Yossi Klein Halevi piece at TNR for background. In a nutshell, the right-wing part of Netanyahu’s government announced the building of new settlements in east Jerusalem on the day Biden came to visit, which allegedly sent The One into a snit over what he considered to be an insult. Never mind that Netanyahu himself apparently didn’t know about the timing of the announcement and that building in east Jerusalem, which would almost certainly remain Israeli in any peace deal, was routine. Obama wants to make a show of standing up to the Zionist entity for our Islamic “partners in peace” in the naive belief that that’ll help bring about the ever elusive solution to the crisis. So here’s his big show — I hope. It’s possible that there’s no grander strategic meaning to it at all, and that he really is just this petty.

For a head of state to visit the White House and not pose for photographers is rare. For a key ally to be left to his own devices while the President withdraws to have dinner in private was, until this week, unheard of…

After failing to extract a written promise of concessions on Jewish settlements, Mr Obama walked out of his meeting with Mr Netanyahu but invited him to stay at the White House, consult with advisors and “let me know if there is anything new”, a US congressman who spoke to the Prime Minister said today.

“It was awful,” the congressman said. One Israeli newspaper called the meeting “a hazing in stages”, poisoned by such mistrust that the Israeli delegation eventually left rather than risk being eavesdropped on a White House phone line. Another said that the Prime Minister had received “the treatment reserved for the President of Equatorial Guinea”…

Newspaper reports recounted how Mr Netanyahu looked “excessively concerned and upset” as he pulled out a flow chart to show Mr Obama how Jerusalem planning permission worked and how he could not have known of the announcement that hundreds more homes were to be built just as Mr Biden arrived in Jerusalem.

Mr Obama then suggested that Mr Netanyahu and his staff stay on at the White House to consider his proposals, so that if he changed his mind he could inform the President right away. “I’m still around,” the Yediot Ahronot daily quoted Mr Obama saying. “Let me know if there is anything new.”

Follow the link for the list of demands he gave Netanyahu, including “an end to Israeli building projects in east Jerusalem.” He certainly is the strong horse, isn’t he? Not with Iran, for whom we’re preparing to water down sanctions yet again because the colossus of the age can’t persuade China and Russia to agree to anything harsher. But with Israel? Strong as they come. The left will claim that he’s doing it in the interests of peace, per the theory that a settlement between Israel and the Palestinians will have some sort of domino effect against Islamist regimes that exploit the Palestinian issue, but how it advances peace to force Israel into shows of weakness is beyond me. Jackson Diehl:

Obama has added more poison to a U.S.-Israeli relationship that already was at its lowest point in two decades. Tuesday night the White House refused to allow non-official photographers record the president’s meeting with Netanyahu; no statement was issued afterward. Netanyahu is being treated as if he were an unsavory Third World dictator, needed for strategic reasons but conspicuously held at arms length. That is something the rest of the world will be quick to notice and respond to. Just like the Palestinians, European governments cannot be more friendly to an Israeli leader than the United States. Would Britain have expelled a senior Israeli diplomat Tuesday because of a flap over forged passports if there were no daylight between Obama and Netanyahu? Maybe not…

U.S. pressure on Netanyahu will be needed if the peace process ever reaches the point where the genuinely contentious issues, like Palestinian refugees or the exact territorial tradeoffs, are on the table. But instead of waiting for that moment and pushing Netanyahu on a point where he might be vulnerable to domestic challenge, Obama picked a fight over something that virtually all Israelis agree on, and before serious discussions have even begun. As the veteran Middle East analyst Robert Malley put it to The Post’s Glenn Kessler, “U.S. pressure can work, but it needs to be at the right time, on the right issue and in the right political context. The administration is ready for a fight, but it realized the issue, timing and context were wrong.”

“He appears ideological — and vindictive,” writes Diehl, reminding us that not all appearances are deceiving. I assume that Obama’s game here is that he doesn’t want to appear weak either after the insult to Biden, but it’s not clear who he’s aiming to impress by humiliating Netanyahu. The nuclear horse is almost all the way out of the barn on Iran, and we know how little China and Russia care about concessions to the U.S. Is there a strategy here or is it just O being O?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Seriously O/T – I’m watching a barn-burner basketball game! Xavier and Kansas State! Doubt OT. WOW!

Oink on March 26, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Oink on March 26, 2010 at 12:21 AM

*DOUBLE OT

Oink on March 26, 2010 at 12:22 AM

Great posts and information, guys. (most posts that is. lol)

Thanks and God bless you all.

Elisa on March 26, 2010 at 12:23 AM

Thumpchreads,,,, you are so ignorant of Israel, even if she did bite the hand that feeds her the Lord will not forsake her. Apparently you have not read the Genesis verse and I assume you to be an athiest or a Jewish hater as well. One of these days BO’s pride will be his down fall and it won’t be pretty.

garydt on March 26, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Israel maybe America’s ally, but she isn’t Obama’s ally.

Kjeil on March 26, 2010 at 12:28 AM

Personally – and I’ve really tried not to go here, but this is the last straw for me – I think Obama is an anti-Semitic bigot. They all get off on “humiliating” Jews.

capitalist piglet on March 26, 2010 at 12:30 AM

He is Muslim,,,,,,,,Why is anyone shocked to see gambling in this establishment????

retiredeagle on March 26, 2010 at 12:34 AM

Jews; You gave “The One” 78% of your vote. Congrats.

Star20 on March 26, 2010 at 12:34 AM

Even when he gets it right…he STILL gets it wrong. This man is like a stopped clock with only one hand.

Like the gutless wonder he is, Obama takes cheap shots at Netanyahu and very quietly stops the latest round of warheads. (anyone’s guess on how long that’ll last, or how many other forms of aid continue to flow unchecked)

Hoo-freaking-rah. A real leader wouldn’t need to return childish tit-for-tat to someone whose nation’s survival is heavily dependent on the USA. He’d heap coals on his head by acting like a true gentleman in person. As for the national snub, a public announcement would be in order detailing just what supplies/aid was being curtailed, the reason(s) why, for how long, and with the promise of sterner action if better behavior was not forthcoming.

But Obama? The only way he’d say anything would be if he sensed the wind was blowing strong enough a certain way. ‘Till then he’ll keep acting like the Chicago scum he is.

Dark-Star on March 26, 2010 at 12:34 AM

capitalist piglet on March 26, 2010 at 12:30 AM

Similarly, I have not tried to go here. Could Obama really be a radical Muslim claiming to be a Christian just like some said during the election?

No matter what, crazy times we live in.

Ordinary1 on March 26, 2010 at 12:34 AM

I think “humiliated” is a pretty strong term here. Perhaps the White House didn’t appreciate Bibi crying to the AIPAC-owned US Congress before showing up to “negotiate” with a US President.

I like what Obama did here. It’s about time the Palestinians had a champion in the White House. Long, long overdue.

David2.0 on March 26, 2010 at 12:36 AM

I don’t know why this story, out of the hundred others, did it, but I . Am. DONE. With Obama. I will not listen to another word that comes out of his mouth. I will not adhere to another one of his laws. It is as if we have a petulant, spoiled, sociopathic 14 year old as president. If he does not succeed it fully destroyed us domestically and internationally, it will only be because somehow he is removed from office – impeached or voted out. The damage that will be done up to that point…my god.

bilups on March 26, 2010 at 12:36 AM

It’s a deliberate headgame. I’m sure he played this kinda shit in Chicago all the time. And had it played on him and learned how to do it to the next guy.

Hey, wasn’t there another incident recently where Obama went ballistic on someone and the idea was to give the impression: “I’m a crazy man, no telling what I might do”? Interrogators do these things to soften up their captives, gangsters do this to frighten their enemies. I imagine Bibi was initially taken aback by it, but as an Israeli military guy it’s not like he never saw it before, he may even done it himself to intimidate a prisoner.

YehuditTX on March 26, 2010 at 12:39 AM

capitalist piglet on March 26, 2010 at 12:30 AM

I agree 100%. This administration waits for one truly insignificant event, then blows it totally out of proportion, aided and abetted by their supporters in the MSM, and instant “crisis”. The Democrats are trying to do the same thing with the “outrage” at the “violence” and “racism” supposedly running rampant through the Tea Party movement. More MSM collusion, more hypocrisy, more reason for us to keep on fighting them with everything we’ve got.

oldoldbabs on March 26, 2010 at 12:41 AM

capitalist piglet on March 26, 2010 at 12:30 AM

He is anti-Israel, but how do you reconcile his inner circle advisors–Axelrod and Rahm Emmanuel–who are both Jewish? I don’t know.

conservative pilgrim on March 26, 2010 at 12:41 AM

I like some of the strong anti-Obama comments here, well said people. I’m betting that Obama’s incensed large enough swathes of the population that come November, the Republicans will sweep the elections.

Obama has been a nightmare for America and the free world, but certainly a minority of the population, the far-left rabidly anti-American moonbats, love everything he’s doing.

Islamic supremacism/jihad is gaining strength all over the world, Iran is close to going nuclear and this traitor turns a blind eye to all that and is instead beating up on an easy mark (not coincidentally a target of virulent hatred by the muslim population)-Israel, for the heinous crime of building new homes for its citizens on their own land.

Seriously as others have said, I think there’s a strong enough case to impeach Obama. Clinton was impeached for a lot less than the crap that Obama’s pulled already. When more republicans get back into office, then I think it’ll be a viable option-people should really push for this, maybe the Tea Party movement can make this a part of their agenda.

Fitna on March 26, 2010 at 12:41 AM

BTW everybody (except David2.0), it’s dawn in Jerusalem right now, it’s Friday. Public offices will probably shut down about 2 pm for Shabbat. If you’;re still up and reading this thread, you have a few hours to use that email address upthread to encourage Bibi to stay strong, that America is behind him. (David2.0, you can use it for the opposite if you want, but you’re outnumbered.)

YehuditTX on March 26, 2010 at 12:43 AM

David2.0 on March 26, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Sure they don’t have a couple already? They sure as hell have their share of (unpaid) Average Joe Advocates.

Dark-Star on March 26, 2010 at 12:43 AM

How can a man humiliate his betters? Obama might show disrespect (and is often incapable of doing anything else), but he only ever humiliates himself.

Blacklake on March 26, 2010 at 12:46 AM

Some of Israel’s greatest enemies are from Jews. Carl Marks comes to mind. Why this is I cant tell you.

jainphx on March 26, 2010 at 12:47 AM

David2.0 on March 26, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Oh? You mean someone who doesn’t care that Israeli school buses full of children are blown up?

Liam on March 26, 2010 at 12:48 AM

My last was not thought out too well before I posted, But the fact that Rahm is Jewish just adds another mystery. Why did American Jews vote for him, and how can any % of Israeli Jews think he’s a friend of Israel. Only the Lord knows and sees, but he will still choose Israel over all the nations of the world. I will fight for Israel as all Christians should.

Israel- know that Obama does not speak for all America.

jainphx on March 26, 2010 at 12:53 AM

conservative pilgrim on March 26, 2010 at 12:41 AM

Some of the highest military officers in Hitler’s military were jews. Some jews seem to love nothing more than destroying jews. I say that having no particular person or persons in mind as I will leave God to judge just exactly the names of the particular jews involved.

Basil Fawlty on March 26, 2010 at 12:56 AM

Obama clearly dislikes Israel and has plenty of people around him who are published in their anti Israel statements – Samantha Powers, Samantha Rice, Brezinkski (sp) etc etc

He’s real tough against the Israelis, the Hondurans, the Brits and oh yeah, AMERICANS.

I am mortified that 80% of American Jews voted for this man.

He WAS listening when Rev Wright was preaching.

Stephanie on March 26, 2010 at 12:56 AM

David2.0 on March 26, 2010 at 12:36 AM

You are a fool then. The world has been turning more anti semitic everyday. I am not Jewish but I can read headlines and see actions of governments around the world. Do you know anything of history? Why would the Palestinians need a champion in the WH? Did they actually have a country before Israel was formed by the United Nations? United Nations actually started this mess by saying they could have a country and then not delineating it. I should go on but your statement is just that depressing to me. I think you should go to Palestine, it would definitely raise the IQ of our country and might also raise the IQ of Palestine.

bluemarlin on March 26, 2010 at 12:57 AM

Yehudi,

Peace unto you. Your people are the priestly people of God. May God bless you always.

I will not be sending Bibi an email, but I will pray for him.

David2.0 on March 26, 2010 at 12:58 AM

he really is just this petty

Yep, he is. President Empty Suit lost his cool. Netanyahu should just stand back now and let Barry try and implement his ‘smart diplomacy’. When Barry thinks his got something to propose (ie, the Israeli’s to give up), Netanyahu should reply “Oh, and what are the Palestinians going to give up?” At that point he might well add “F Y Barry, have a nice day.”

GarandFan on March 26, 2010 at 12:58 AM

conservative pilgrim on March 26, 2010 at 12:41 AM

Simple. Axelrod and Emmanuel have forsaken their Jewish religion for the ideology of liberalism/socialism/progressivism/communism/bolshevism or whatever the hell ism-du-jour the liberals are using that day.

CatchAll on March 26, 2010 at 12:59 AM

Laim and bluemarlin,

Your comments do not inspire a response from me.

Try harder.

David2.0 on March 26, 2010 at 12:59 AM

Hopefully this is the push that Mossad needs to take Zero down by releasing info about his past.

Mr Purple on March 26, 2010 at 1:01 AM

Some of the highest military officers in Hitler’s military were jews.

Maybe a few who were already deeply assimilated, but not “some.” In any case, anyone who was found to have any Jewish blood from even their grandparents, was thrown out and put on a cattle car.

Not saying there aren’t some antisemitic Jews though.

If you want to know why Jews are liberals, read:

YehuditTX on March 26, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Laim and bluemarlin,

Your comments do not inspire a response from me.

Try harder.

David2.0 on March 26, 2010 at 12:59 AM

Good, please excersize your right to be silent then, I am sure we will not mind!

bluemarlin on March 26, 2010 at 1:03 AM

Satan hates Israel and he hates Christians. Just read Revelation 12. Satan will use world powers and systems and people to attack both. Like Yasser Arafat said, first we go after the Saturday people then we go after the Sunday people.

Just like everything else, it’s a spiritual battle. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem and pray for souls. Jesus is coming back someday. Today we are another day closer to that day.

Ordinary1 on March 26, 2010 at 1:04 AM

David2.0 on March 26, 2010 at 12:36 AM

You’re free to GTFO anytime.

galvestonian on March 26, 2010 at 1:05 AM

Maybe there’s not enough food to go around at those
White House meals.
Just tryin’ to give Barry an out here.
The “Jack Sprat” excuse, if you will.

justltl on March 26, 2010 at 1:05 AM

David2.0 The real reason there is strife in this world and in the middle east, is people that think, or I should say doesn’t think, like you. Israel at its widest is 9 miles, there are 6.5 million souls that live there. They are surrounded by Millions of square miles and billions of Arabs, of which the vast majority is Muslim, but you want Israel to give up it’s land and their home. You’re a sick puppyaren’t you.

jainphx on March 26, 2010 at 1:06 AM

we really don’t know anything about his lineage, there are no Harvard Law school records released. He wrote/published nothing pertaining to law, and on and on…makes my spidey senses tingle

kellyjane on March 26, 2010 at 1:07 AM

I am no apologist for Israel. I think that they should honor their past agreements and stop trying to settle areas that were agreed to be Palestinian. But by the same token, the Arabs must not make any settlements in Jewish areas either.

I also see a serious lack of perspective on the part of the Obama administration. They look the other way when Palestinian terrorists launch missiles into Israel, or suicide bomb a bus, or blow up a market. The Obama flunkies do not insult the Palestinians for being a pack of lying murderers. But God forbid that Jewish people build houses somewhere that the Arabs complain about.

Just a little lack of sensibility in that policy to me.

Hawthorne on March 26, 2010 at 1:07 AM

You’re free to GTFO anytime.

galvestonian on March 26, 2010 at 1:05 AM

As are you. A 100% pro-Israel site is only a few clicks away.

Dark-Star on March 26, 2010 at 1:07 AM

galvestonian on March 26, 2010 at 1:05 AM

I’m also free to express my opinion.

Which I did.

Any other rights you wish to educate me on, moron?

David2.0 on March 26, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Dark star- I must say your nic suits you.

jainphx on March 26, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Not saying there aren’t some antisemitic Jews though.

If you want to know why Jews are liberals, read:

YehuditTX on March 26, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Thank you for the link. If you want to know more about some of the jews that fought in Hitler’s military and the high military rank of some them try googling “Jews that fought for Hitler” then start reading the articles.

Basil Fawlty on March 26, 2010 at 1:11 AM

David2.0 on March 26, 2010 at 12:36 AM

A couple of things…During the campaign, the media touted Obama as the international Candidate because he’s well-traveled and would increase our standing in the world. Israel is a Middle Eastern country where one should recognize honor and shame issues. Yes, Israel is westernized, but this honor/shame element still exists. Obama has shamed or “humiliated” Netanyahu in their understanding of the word, not ours, so egregiously and blatantly. (cf., the guy who threw a shoe at Pres Bush and what that meant) Obama’s actions tell us everything we need to know about his stance toward Israel.

Politicians, especially the POTUS, are diplomats. While you cheer for a Palestinian champion in the White House, there still must be diplomacy. You should build bridges, not tear them down. There is no sense of building from our history together, no respect for Israel as a sovereign nation and the only representation of democracy in the Middle East. The Presidency did not begin with Obama, yet he acts like it has. Obama acts like an petulant teenager who operates on his terms and his alone, regardless of the outcome or consequences.

conservative pilgrim on March 26, 2010 at 1:12 AM

OK, really late to this thread but is there anywhere I can go to show my support for Israel?

sandee on March 26, 2010 at 1:14 AM

jainphx on March 26, 2010 at 1:06 AM

Yes, and they have 200 nuclear warheads and $3 billion a year in US military hardware.

Kinda keeps the Muslims at bay don’t ya think?

I do NOT want Israel to give up land. East Jerusalem is a DISPUTED territory! It is also home to 3 world religions. Perhaps some negotiations are in order.

David2.0 on March 26, 2010 at 1:17 AM

Great basketball game tonight between K State and Xavier. It’s late on the east coast. Goodnight!

conservative pilgrim on March 26, 2010 at 1:18 AM

sandee on March 26, 2010 at 1:14 AM

Yes. Go find your latest pay stub.

Your support is in your payroll tax.

David2.0 on March 26, 2010 at 1:18 AM

conservative pilgrim on March 26, 2010 at 1:12 AM

Very well put, IMHO, little as it means.

bluemarlin on March 26, 2010 at 1:18 AM

David go AnninCa. yourself.

sandee on March 26, 2010 at 1:19 AM

Yes. Go find your latest pay stub.

Your support is in your payroll tax.

David2.0 on March 26, 2010 at 1:18 AM

ZING!

Dark-Star on March 26, 2010 at 1:20 AM

conservative pilgrim on March 26, 2010 at 1:12 AM

Everytime it is “time to build bridges”, the Israelis build apartments or launch bombs.

The latest example of this is VP Biden’s trip to israel. The Israelis embarrassed him by announcing 1600 new apartments in East Jerusalem.

As long as the Israelis feel like they own the US Congress, there will NEVER be peace in the Middle East.

David2.0 on March 26, 2010 at 1:21 AM

I’m also free to express my opinion.

Which I did.

Any other rights you wish to educate me on, moron?

David2.0 on March 26, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Yea, quite a few actually. But a brainless twerp as youself is not worth getting banned over.

galvestonian on March 26, 2010 at 1:22 AM

Ordinary1 on March 26, 2010 at 1:04 AM

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. (Ephesians 6:12 )

Basil Fawlty on March 26, 2010 at 1:22 AM

Dave .000 (I can’t give you a 2.0) There is no accounting for Jew hatred from people that aren’t half their equal. What good are all the weapons in the world to 6.5 million vs Billions, common sense should tell you that, oh I forgot you don’t have any sense your just a hater.

jainphx on March 26, 2010 at 1:23 AM

Obama is scum, he truly is.

beachgirlusa on March 26, 2010 at 1:24 AM

(couldn’t find my comment so reposting-sorry if it already appeared above)

Fitna on March 26, 2010 at 1:24 AM

As are you. A 100% pro-Israel site is only a few clicks away.

Dark-Star on March 26, 2010 at 1:07 AM

And a motel room for you and D2.0 is only a short drive away.

galvestonian on March 26, 2010 at 1:24 AM

jainphx on March 26, 2010 at 1:23 AM

Anyone with common sense and an IQ greater than 50 knows how powerful a deterrent ~200 nukes are. This of course explains your confusion.

Dark-Star on March 26, 2010 at 1:25 AM

So are Pelosi, Reid, etc. as far as that goes. They all make me sick.

beachgirlusa on March 26, 2010 at 1:25 AM

But They have one weapon that makes all the difference, and that weapon you would not understand. The Lord will yet choose Israel. The book says it and it shall be. Where will all you haters go or do then, I pity you and will pray for you.

jainphx on March 26, 2010 at 1:25 AM

And a motel room for you and D2.0 is only a short drive away.

galvestonian on March 26, 2010 at 1:24 AM

Ah yes. The usual cheap wingnut innuendo, used when one has run out of other talking points.

Tell me, how much do you knuckle-draggers really enjoy this material?

Dark-Star on March 26, 2010 at 1:26 AM

Dark star– The only difference between you and a Nazi is the uniform.

jainphx on March 26, 2010 at 1:27 AM

We all know how tiny Israel is, but if Israel was one square foot of land, the rest of the world would want them to give it up.

mobydutch on March 26, 2010 at 1:28 AM

I’d like to put forth the same proposal for the wannabe Israelites that is put forth to the wannabe socialists:

If YOU think your cause is so worthy…YOU pay for it and YOU go fight for it. Quit picking my pocket for your pet causes and assuming I take your side.

Dark-Star on March 26, 2010 at 1:28 AM

Via BreakingNews

Obama, Netanyahu agree that Israel can continue building in East Jerusalem, spokesman for Netanyahu says in radio interview — Reuters

pfamis on March 26, 2010 at 1:29 AM

But it is nice to know that you and you’re kind lose in the end. To bad it’s such a waste when it can all be prevented with just a tad of repenting.

jainphx on March 26, 2010 at 1:30 AM

Dark star– The only difference between you and a Nazi is the uniform.

jainphx on March 26, 2010 at 1:27 AM

You’re no better than the BusHitler crackpots. The garbage that spews from your bucktoothed mouth cheapens the REAL threat of the Nazis, and proves you to be as idiotic as your liberal counterparts.

Dark-Star on March 26, 2010 at 1:31 AM

He is petty, arrogant, cheap, thin-skinned, dumb as a rock, and vindictive.

The liberals hate Israel.

The stupid Jews voted for this buffoon, and paid huge money to sustain his campaign. Wake up!

Schadenfreude on March 26, 2010 at 1:31 AM

David ,the shame is you would take the name David. A man who was so strong and so in tune with God. He had flaws but he admitted them .He had the ear of God. Heaven help you.He believed.

sandee on March 26, 2010 at 1:33 AM

Yeah we drag our knuckles, but that beats dragging your insane hatred around with you day after day after day. Hatred will destroy you, better you fall on your knees and ask forgiveness, try it you’ll like it.

jainphx on March 26, 2010 at 1:33 AM

Via BreakingNews

pfamis on March 26, 2010 at 1:29 AM
============================================= Wow! Did Obama give Netanyahu permission to build on his own land?

mobydutch on March 26, 2010 at 1:35 AM

jainphx, please ignore the malicious post!!!!

mobydutch on March 26, 2010 at 1:36 AM

More on the agreement.

pfamis on March 26, 2010 at 1:37 AM

Bushhitler is it now, wow it didn’t take long to expose your real self now did it. I repeat I will pray for you, because I think no one has ever showed you Christian kindness, you hate so well.

jainphx on March 26, 2010 at 1:37 AM

jainphx on March 26, 2010 at 1:33 AM

Try taking your own advice.

You’re a sick puppyaren’t you.

jainphx on March 26, 2010 at 1:06 AM

Dark star– The only difference between you and a Nazi is the uniform.

jainphx on March 26, 2010 at 1:27 AM

Say this phrase to yourself, very slowly, until you begin understand it:

“Not supporting Israel does not make someone a Nazi or a hater.”

Dark-Star on March 26, 2010 at 1:37 AM

jainphx on March 26, 2010 at 1:37 AM

Pray for yourself, specifically that the Lord will cure you from your addiction to redneck courage.

I’ll try once more:

Comparing Bush to Hitler was idiotic.

Comparing people who don’t support Israel (or their tax dollars doing so) to Hitler is also idiotic.

Can you get that? Is that concept too complicated? Or is your world just that small?

Dark-Star on March 26, 2010 at 1:39 AM

Well I see you were paying attention, I’m proud of you. Thats a step in the right direction. Now look up for redemption is at hand, it’s yours for the asking.

jainphx on March 26, 2010 at 1:40 AM

Calling someone a sick puppy yeah thats hate, but wanting 6.5 million people destroyed because you hate and don’t even know why, no thats not hatred.

jainphx on March 26, 2010 at 1:42 AM

David2.0 on March 26, 2010 at 1:21 AM

Again, you are foolish! East Jerusalem was never on the table for not building new homes. They were not doing anything contrary to any agreement made with anyone. As to your point of launching bombs, you do realize they have the firepower to wipe all the Palestinians out if they wanted to. They have shown the world they are willing to go against popular opinion in the past, so if they are so bloodthirsty, why are there any Palestinians still around in Gaza and the West Bank?

bluemarlin on March 26, 2010 at 1:42 AM

sandee on March 26, 2010 at 1:14 AM
Yes, here is the Prime Minister’s email address (compliments to Lordes) pm_eng@pmo.gov.il

mobydutch on March 26, 2010 at 1:44 AM

Calling someone a sick puppy yeah thats hate…

jainphx on March 26, 2010 at 1:42 AM

There. See? Being honest with yourself is the first step.

bluemarlin on March 26, 2010 at 1:42 AM

Even though they’d love the Pal’s gone, they’re neither bloodthirsty nor stupid.

Seriously, imagine the backlash for a moment! They would enrage not only the entire Arab world (which is already sore at them) but their greatest ally would be under serious international pressure to at least quit actively propping up Israel, if not take some sort of punitive action.

Dark-Star on March 26, 2010 at 1:48 AM

There is a strategy at work but it’s not what people think
Obama can not work with the Palestinians if they think the US is the steadfast unrelenting friend of Isreal.
This is a show, a play put on for the world. Bibi is in on it and is fully briefed on how to re-act.
Let’s convince people Isreal and the US are at odds with each other. Then the US will sit down at the table seemingly as a neutral party
Not very orginal or clever at all and I doubt it will work.

LeeSeneca on March 26, 2010 at 1:48 AM

Dr. Savage was right when he said “Liberalism is a form of insanity” I just wish there was a cure, hey maybe it’s in Obama’s health care plan.

jainphx on March 26, 2010 at 1:48 AM

Stop spreading disinformation. Here is the United Nations’ partition plan for Israel and Palestine in 1947. The Palestinians were given a state alongside Israel, like they claim they want now. But they really wanted all of the territory, and no Israel. In fact, they still do. Several Arab nations attacked Israel, after advising the Palestinians to evacuate from Israel until after the war was over, when they assumed Israel would be defeated. However, the Israelis won and the Palestinians were subsequently treated like dirt in every Arab country they went to. Jordan annexed the West Bank, where most of them turned up, in 1950. The Palestinians should have accepted the UN partition, and they have only themselves to blame–even though they still make the ludicrous demand for a “right of return.”

Emperor Norton on March 26, 2010 at 1:50 AM

Please don’t feed the Jew-haters. Please?

Anyway, if Israel feels alone, if it feels that it can’t trust us to back them against Iran then they are gonna do what they feel they have to do. If they feel that their existence is on the line then no treats from the U.S. are going to stop them.

If anything the president is encouraging a strike on Iran from Israel.

29Victor on March 26, 2010 at 1:54 AM

Emperor Norton- Absolutely right. The only conclusion a sane person can come to is that the Arab countries want to wipe out all Jews, it’s just that simple.

jainphx on March 26, 2010 at 1:55 AM

There is a strategy at work but it’s not what people think
Not very orginal or clever at all and I doubt it will work.

LeeSeneca on March 26, 2010 at 1:48 AM

Then you’d better add a second layer of tin-foil and screw that hat down tight. The black-helicopters are going to be looking for you in force tonight after that comment.

29Victor on March 26, 2010 at 1:58 AM

sandee on March 26, 2010 at 1:33 AM

Yes, it was the jewish obsession with leaders like King David that led them to reject the radical ministry of Jesus Christ. A ministry based on redemption, forgiveness, PEACE and LOVE. The jews were looking for a strong, nationalist leader to lead them back to glory……as King David did.

Jesus not only had the ear of God…………he was God.

So where do we go from here, dear sister?

David2.0 on March 26, 2010 at 2:00 AM

jainphx on March 26, 2010 at 1:55 AM

Not a whole lot of sanity flying around this thread tonight, if you didn’t notice.

29Victor on March 26, 2010 at 2:00 AM

Emperor Norton on March 26, 2010 at 1:50 AM

Most excellent summary.

29Victor on March 26, 2010 at 2:03 AM

David2.0 on March 26, 2010 at 2:00 AM

Correct me if I’m wrong, but after rejecting His teachings and murdering Him, didn’t they then try to revolt against the most powerful empire in the world and get crushed like a bug?

Dark-Star on March 26, 2010 at 2:04 AM

Dark-Star on March 26, 2010 at 1:48 AM

Do you really think they are worried about any one or three Arab countries in a knock down drag out fight. Iran yes, if they get the bomb. In a flat out war their neighbors don`t really stand a chance as Israel does have the bomb. Does Israel want to fight that war, I certainly hope not. I do say they have had considerable superiority in firepower and have held back. Has Israel been innocent in everything it has done throughout it`s history, no, probably not. Have they displayed a great amount of restraint in their history, yes, demonstrably so. Back to 2.0 on the bomb note, seems they have neglected to use it. As far as your stating a greatest ally, who would that be today? Certainly not us, that is not the message just sent to the world. Obumbler just sent the message to pile on, it is ok.

bluemarlin on March 26, 2010 at 2:04 AM

The obsession of a King is exactly what liberals wanted..and got with Obama. They still reject God.

Nothing new under the sun.

GoodBoy on March 26, 2010 at 2:05 AM

Emperor Norton on March 26, 2010 at 1:50 AM

I am duly chastised and will reference your post in future. :)

bluemarlin on March 26, 2010 at 2:07 AM

Netanyahu was not humiliated. The Obama administration made itself foolish. By acting against America’s national interests

Caststeel on March 26, 2010 at 2:09 AM

Methinks Little Green Charles is sockpuppeting over here because he’s short on “Hot Air’s worst post of the day” posts.

29Victor on March 26, 2010 at 2:12 AM