Gallup: America’s got a fee-vah and the only prescription is more ObamaCare!

posted at 4:22 pm on March 23, 2010 by Allahpundit

Consider this the first proof of Fred Barnes’s thesis. Now that this monstrosity has passed, we’ll never escape talking about it. Every poll, every upward or downward tick in cost or life expectancy, every bit of new legislation passed to tweak or expand the “reforms,” will be fodder for another round of endless, angry, obsessive debate about its significance. Just one of the many happy side effects of our new utopian panacea.

And so it came to be, after a day’s worth of nonstop coverage of History!, that ObamaCare’s gotten a bounce.

gallup-oc

More from Gallup:

Americans’ emotional responses to the bill’s passage are more positive than negative — with 50% enthusiastic or pleased versus 42% angry or disappointed — and are similar to their general reactions.

Although much of the public debate over healthcare reform has been heated, barely a third of rank-and-file citizens express either enthusiasm (15%) or anger (19%) about the bill’s passage. However, only Democrats show greater enthusiasm than anger. Independents are twice as likely to be angry as enthusiastic, and Republicans 10 times as likely.

The sample was 1,005 adults. Here’s what Hitler’s pollster, a.k.a. Rasmussen, got on Sunday when polling likely voters shortly before it passed:

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone poll, taken Friday and Saturday nights, shows that 41% of likely voters favor the health care plan. Fifty-four percent (54%) are opposed. These figures have barely budged in recent months.

Another finding that has remained constant is that the intensity is stronger among those who oppose the plan. The latest findings include 26% who Strongly Favor the plan and 45% who Strongly Oppose it.

The partisan divide remains constant as well. Seventy-four percent (74%) of Democrats favor the plan, while 87% of Republicans are opposed. As for those not affiliated with either major party, 34% are in favor, and 59% are opposed.

That’s quite a swing among indies from two days ago to Gallup today. Color me skeptical too that the number of Republicans who support the bill — 14 percent, allegedly — now exceeds the number of Democrats who oppose it. If that were true, it would have shown up somehow in internal polling and you wouldn’t have had 34 Democrats defect. Or would you? The biggest problem here (in both Gallup and Rasmussen) is the nationwide sample: It’s fine as a general barometer of public sentiment, but of course the left will want you to believe that this vindicates their theory O-Care is a political winner in November. Problem is, that doesn’t depend on national polling — it depends on swing districts, and at last check those districts were looking grim. That’s why you had 34 Democrats vote no and that’s why not a single one of them will regret his or her vote after they see this poll. (Well, maybe Lynch.)

We’ve already been over the importance of the intensity/enthusiasm gap, which I think will only expand in the GOP’s favor now that it’s passed, but I won’t belabor the point. You can read that post here. Exit question via Jay Cost: Is the spread really 49/40? Hmmmm.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

*shuddering while looking at the pic for this thread*

thanks AP :(

cmsinaz on March 23, 2010 at 5:02 PM

has the msm started crowing about the 49% yet?

cmsinaz on March 23, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Wow, now that’s scary stuff right there. Maddow as senator?

deidre on March 23, 2010 at 4:55 PM

If this happens, the first effect will be positive. She’ll have to give up her show. That alone, friends, is worth it. She is slightly smarter than Tingles….but that’s not saying much about either of them.

She’s not very uh…”convincing” when she gets off-script
or off-prompter (ok, she’s like Obama…a dolt). I took one for the team the night of Browns election and watched the Matthews-Maddow love-fest in the bar. Both of them had absolutely nothing of value to say all evening. In fact, Maddow had run out of things to say so she started repeating herself. Funny, she kept saying how close it was gonna be…while Brown was in the background giving his victory speech.

Brown wins in a cunning campaign.

BobMbx on March 23, 2010 at 5:04 PM

OMG, this poll is so premature–conducted in one day? I noticed the last Gallup poll was conducted over a three-day period and not rushed like this one. I’m not denying he will get a modest, fleeting bump post-passage, but sentiments haven’t really fully settled yet. Btw–when did Gallup begin calling cell-phones. My blackberry nevah, evah rings with pollsters a-calling.

RepubChica on March 23, 2010 at 5:05 PM

I only listen to the radio during work (AM talk radio), and the hourly news blips are talking about this momentous occasion.

Still no mention from those same media outlets about how happy Joe “A big F-in deal” Biden is to pass this health care legislation. I’m sure it will be forthcoming.

VibrioCocci on March 23, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Not to to panic, Hannity’s having Newt on tonight between plugs for his new book and his retard tour.

Mr. Arrogant on March 23, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Joey Plugs: You bet your sweet *ss this was a big f***king deal! http://powip.com/

Mr. Joe on March 23, 2010 at 5:07 PM

blatantblue on March 23, 2010 at 5:02 PM

I guess. I think our trolls have been substandard compared to the days of the primaries but then I have to admit I was shiny and new to HotAir then.

Cindy Munford on March 23, 2010 at 5:07 PM

OMG, this poll is so premature–conducted in one day?
RepubChica on March 23, 2010 at 5:05 PM

This poll is about as reliable as the ones that start out: “Four out of five dentists surveyed….”

And it is run for exactly the same reason.

logis on March 23, 2010 at 5:08 PM

I don’t know what Hot Air you’ve been visiting, but Allah has been doing some of his best work in the past 48 hours. I’ve been LOL’ing much…between the tears.

AUINSC on March 23, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Perhaps it’s because I haven’t been able to visit every day like I used to — I kind of drift in and out now depending on what’s happening in the news. I used to be unemployed, and Hot Air was my outlet. Now I have two jobs, and I can’t hang around here as much as I used to. Maybe I wouldn’t see any difference if I were here every day, kind of like you don’t notice your kids growing until you visit a family member who freaks out at how much they’ve changed in just a few months. It just has a different tone now, but that’s just my opinion. Allah seems more serious to me, and he’s been my favorite blogger for several years. Maybe I’m just more stressed and serious. I also have no tolerance for the gloating, idiotic trolls on this health care thing, so maybe they just seem more numerous and more a$$hole-ish to me as a result. I don’t mind AnninCA or even crr6, but these other guys make my skin crawl.

aero on March 23, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Yeah, wait till they start getting their first paycheck when the taxes have been taken out or get layed-off because their employer can’t afford to pay them.

I want my Obama money now!!!!

yoda on March 23, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Lordy, she looks silly in that photo.

jeanie on March 23, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Well the Duh, the damage hasn’t started yet.

rob verdi on March 23, 2010 at 5:09 PM

blatantblue on March 23, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Some jackazz threatened RepubChica on another thread earlier. Thinskinned pantywaists ought not be here.

OmahaConservative on March 23, 2010 at 5:10 PM

And didn’t Obama receive a brief bounce after the SOTU address that dissapated within a few days? Let’s see what the numbers are in a week or so.

diditagain on March 23, 2010 at 4:35 PM

My feelings exactly. Lots of people saw all the cheering in the House, and some might be momentarily deceived into thinking that “oh, this might not be so bad after all”.

But Pelosi said, “We need to pass the bill so you can see what is in it.”

Therein lies the rub–when people find out how much this costs THEM, they will turn against anybody who voted for it.
And no bennies for four years.

By next January, San Fran Nan will hand over her huge hammer to John Boehner.

Steve Z on March 23, 2010 at 5:11 PM

I have long noticed in my own life that anticipation of disasters is worse than the disaster itself. Once the disaster comes you work through it. But knowing it is coming is almost unbearable.

That is kind of how I feel about this… okay we know where we stand. Now we need to figure out how to fix it.

That’s how I feel about a financial collapse of the country. I almost wish it would just happen so we could start on the fix for it. There will be little consensus until everyone sees the same problems.

If they are going to Cloward/Piven (? is that what it’s called?)-this economy we need to be prepared to take over as soon as they are successful in collapsing things.

We need to be sure it is conservatism that prevails and not liberalism.

Most of us are psychologically strong enough not to expect the government to fix things. Most Americans don’t want to depend on government. We need to build on those strengths to find a real life solution after the fall.

petunia on March 23, 2010 at 5:11 PM

Mr. Arrogant on March 23, 2010 at 5:07 PM

lol…and very dramatic feigning over his disgust, disgust I tell ya, over the passage of Hussein-Care.

RepubChica on March 23, 2010 at 5:11 PM

Once the reality of increased unemployment and the inevitable summer gas prices hit, these numbers will plummet like Schwarzenegger’s approval rating.

The Ugly American on March 23, 2010 at 5:11 PM

By the way, there is a poll with the opposite results:

Whether they like this particular bill or not, the Gallup poll shows nearly half the country thinks it’s good that it passed.

Meanwhile, another new public opinion survey on health care reform finds an almost opposite result — proving the country continues to be divided on the issue. A Bloomberg poll conducted by the well-respected Selzer & Co. finds 50 percent opposed to the measure Congress passed and 39 percent in favor.

Still, the Gallup results come at a good time for Democrats who are up for re-election this year and worried their vote could mean they won’t be back in 2011. Indeed, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee has already begun to circulate the poll to reporters.

rob verdi on March 23, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Did Gallup mention how they skewed the sample?

David in ATL on March 23, 2010 at 5:12 PM

I want my Obama money now!!!!

yoda on March 23, 2010 at 5:08 PM

“Hey Joe…I got good news and bad news”

“Whats the good news?”

“You got health insurance”

“Whats the bad news?”

“You’re fired…but if you like your insurance, you can keep it”

BobMbx on March 23, 2010 at 5:12 PM

I have been polled before but not this time. If you are making the argument that because you have never been called that it means polls are meaningless then you are greatly mistaken.

CWforFreedom on March 23, 2010 at 4:34 PM

CW… with respect,

… I was just asking if anyone here at Hot Air got a call.

Don’t make conclusions for me. If I want to make an arguement for or against something, I will make it crystal clear.

Seven Percent Solution on March 23, 2010 at 5:13 PM

From the bloomberg poll:

Do you favor or oppose the health care overhaul plan currently under debate in Congress? (Language changed 3/22
to:) Do you favor or oppose the health care overhaul plan passed by the U.S. House of Representatives last
night?
38 Favor
50 Oppose
12 Not sure

rob verdi on March 23, 2010 at 5:13 PM

aero on March 23, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Well we miss you. Two jobs?!?! I became unemployed on 3/1. It hasn’t kicked in for me yet but I would think being unemployed and then working two jobs would have to color your view point of almost everything.

Cindy Munford on March 23, 2010 at 5:14 PM

aero on March 23, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Yeah, this stuff is getting to all of us…it’s really hard to watch this unfold. And having idiotic lefty trolls show up and gloat about our national destruction doesn’t exactly make anybody here feel good. But, they are doing what they have always done. It may be that things generally feel much darker now…they do for me. But I really don’t think Hot Air has changed…our national situation just took a nose-dive, which makes it seem that way.

AUINSC on March 23, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Most Americans are sheepeople. This is why we won’t take back congress or the White House.

inchdeep on March 23, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Thinskinned pantywaists ought not be here.

OmahaConservative on March 23, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Hey, as long as you’re able to jack up thread hits and commentry–you’re more than welcome at HA, threats be damned!

RepubChica on March 23, 2010 at 5:17 PM

Seven Percent Solution on March 23, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Should I define -if- for you?

Who cares if anyone received a call? What would that prove? What are the odds that the few people reading your post on this blog would have received a call? I bet I have a better chance winning the lottery tonight. Don’t be so sensitive.

CWforFreedom on March 23, 2010 at 5:17 PM

Let’s see what the numbers are in a week or so.

diditagain on March 23, 2010 at 4:35 PM

You mean when they realize that nothing has really happened and that what is to come means less jobs not more?

CWforFreedom on March 23, 2010 at 5:18 PM

has the msm started crowing about the 49% yet?

cmsinaz on March 23, 2010 at 5:04 PM

It’s been USA Today’s lead story for hours.

uknowmorethanme on March 23, 2010 at 5:21 PM

I kinda have an urge to run some ads on radio or in the local paper, advertising where people can call or visit to get their FREE Health Insurance. Then give them the information for the local Democrat office.

Would that be wrong?

PappaMac on March 23, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Remember how happy the dems were when Obama won? Remember how it was the end of conservatism? Remember how it signaled a new 40-year reign for the far left? Remember how Obama was the most popular president evah? Yeah. Not so much. So Gallup does its usual oversampling of democrats and gives Barry a bump. Maybe he’ll get another tomorrow. Maybe even next week. And still there are no jobs. And still there is this massive debt. Ramming through an unpopular bill and creating American prosperity are two very different things. The former takes an unprecedented and wholly corrupt democrat majority in Congress; the latter cannot be done by democrats, of any stripe. Obama and the dems are complete toast in 2010 and 2012. They know it. We know it. And the trolls here know it, which is why they are here. This gloating is their last hurrah. Let ‘em have it. Having Barry replace our greatest national embarrassment — Jimmy Carter — as the worst one-term president in history is going to be a tough pill for them to swallow for the next half century. Talk about having to clean up the previous guy’s mess. Good Lord it’s going to be a task.

Rational Thought on March 23, 2010 at 5:22 PM

RepubChica on March 23, 2010 at 5:17 PM

My respect for you grew even deeper, you sure stood up to him. I always want you on my team.

OmahaConservative on March 23, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Seven Percent Solution on March 23, 2010 at 5:13 PM

I got called by Rasmussen 2 days ago.

uknowmorethanme on March 23, 2010 at 5:22 PM

These polls are generally meaningless because they separate folks based upon party affiliation rather than their actual knowledge of the bill and what it means to them personally as well as the nation.

The GOP and many independents may think it’s bad, but they probably also have a higher knowledge of what the bill is about. The rank and file Democrat is probably ignorant and happy being that way, until they get some bill for their new health care premium and find out they are now in the 30% ‘tax’ bracket at 60k of income.

drfredc on March 23, 2010 at 5:25 PM

Two jobs?!?!

Cindy Munford on March 23, 2010 at 5:14 PM

Well, to be fair, one of them is just teaching a single class at the local community college as an adjunct instructor. In this economy, though, after being unemployed for over 10 months, I wasn’t about to turn down any opportunities to work. So I teach high school full-time, and evenings at the college on Mondays and Wednesdays. Not quite as bad as it sounds at first, but still a major adjustment after many, many months of unemployment following more months of underemployment.

aero on March 23, 2010 at 5:25 PM

Here\’s some HC polls href=\”http://republican.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Blogs.View&Blog_Id=ca04dc19-caa7-4d8e-882a-52c4260f0b4e\”>CNN polling shows a 20 point spread in surveyd adults with more opposed than favored.

kringeesmom on March 23, 2010 at 5:26 PM

I don’t believe it. It is worth noting, that even with the screwy IDs, they still can not break 50% on approval. I just don’t think it is true. The trends for this bill have been too negative for too long for it to turn around just like that.

Terrye on March 23, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Weren’t we told yesterday that left leaning entities in the media etc, were going to shill, and cheerlead for this? Gallup is left leaning, and I’m sure that’s all this reflects. It’s bogus!

capejasmine on March 23, 2010 at 5:27 PM

BTW, a lot more people supported the stimulus when they signed that too, and now it is down to 6% who think it helped.

Terrye on March 23, 2010 at 5:27 PM

The Dems have counted all along on it being difficult to maintain for 6 more months the level of disgust that the majority feel right now. It is going to be a challenge with the MSM doing all they can to help the Dems out. However I am sure they will continue to overeach and hopefully the Republicans can find ways to build on the outrage.

neuquenguy on March 23, 2010 at 5:32 PM

drfredc on March 23, 2010 at 5:25 PM

I agree, Rush had a soundbite of a man who thought the HCR was just like Christmas, and would be free but for the co-pay… There are a lot of people who do not understand the principles of insurance to see that the claims of more coverage for less money is bogus… after all it appears that our very own president doesn’t really insurance (remember ACME).

kringeesmom on March 23, 2010 at 5:32 PM

People won`t be able to grasp it until they start paying the higher tax and insurance bills or we hear stories of people saying things like “Yeah, I got health coverage now, but now they say they won`t give me medical help for my problem”.

What is that, 2+ years from now…after Obama has been re-elected?

In the meantime the Democrat PR (election) machine will be extolling the wonderfulness of the NEW socialized medicine.

albill on March 23, 2010 at 5:36 PM

This guy’s website should be on the top of every page
He’s the guy running against Nazi Pelosi. Quite frankly they could dig up Saddam Hussein, and I’d be happy to send money to the Zombie Hussein’s campaign if it’d mean getting rid of the Botox Bimbo.

Iblis on March 23, 2010 at 5:36 PM

Fox News Poll: 79% of Voters Say U.S. Economy Could Collapse. But, you know, other than that they’re really happy with Obama’s leadership, or so says Gallup.

Memo to the dems: When 8 in 10 Americans think your president is leading the country to total collapse, your gloating over a health care bill may be a bit premature.

Rational Thought on March 23, 2010 at 5:37 PM

OmahaConservative on March 23, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Ditto, OmaCon. And I enjoyed how the real men came on and defended me. It’s why I come to this place. Some of the best people around.

I believe the pretend ‘lawyer’ also regretted his stupidity and ate his words before the thread died down over the reaction.

RepubChica on March 23, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Do some of these piles of human protoplasm have any freaking idea what is being done to them? Thank God those that Serve this country in our military have higher ideals and a greater since of Service than many of those taking these polls. Otherwise, they’d give up after the first shot was fired.

rplat on March 23, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Isn’t she married?

VibrioCocci on March 23, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Yep, but according to the media, she was getting divorced at one time and you know the media is always accurate and truthful when it comes to Sarah.

jimmy2shoes on March 23, 2010 at 5:44 PM

OmahaConservative on March 23, 2010 at 4:52 PM

My letter to Scott Brown,

Dear Senator Brown,
Why did you run away from the tea party movement as soon as you got elected? If you are so opposed to more government spending, why did you vote the latest “jobs bill” which spent an awful lot of money, and didn’t do so much? If you are such an “independent” spirit, why weren’t you standing beside Mr. Bunning who was screaming “how are we going to pay for this”? Wise up a little Senator Brown, and then we shall see if you are worthy of further support.

kringeesmom on March 23, 2010 at 5:50 PM

If this poll were accurate, Scott Brown would not have won in Massachussets on a platform of defeating ObamCAre. In Ted Kennedy’s haven of all places, an anti-Obamacare Republican won. This poll is a crock. It probably polled all illegal aliens who think they are getting free health care without having to go to the ER every time.

immigrantchick on March 23, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Almost side by side are

Gallup: America’s got a fee-vah and the only prescription is more ObamaCare!

and

Rasmussen: 49% want states to sue to stop ObamaCare

We’ll see which is true in November.

InterestedObserver on March 23, 2010 at 5:53 PM

My letter to Scott Brown,

Dear Senator Brown,

kringeesmom on March 23, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Dear kringessmom:

Would you prefer a Kennedy? Do you realize the man is from Mass and that the people who elected him are from that state as well and not necessarily all members of the Tea Party movement?

Terrye on March 23, 2010 at 5:57 PM

when the law starts adding to our defecit, the poll will shift.

jbh45 on March 23, 2010 at 5:58 PM

kringeesmom on March 23, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Hey, whadda know? I got a money-begger from McCain today in my inbox. Told him to go hit up his wife for the cheese and fark off.

RepubChica on March 23, 2010 at 5:59 PM

Well, there might be a bounce, but then again the more the media treats it like a combination of the Emancipation Proclamation and the Civil Rights Act, the more of a letdown it will be when the reality of this thing hits home. Just like everything else with these people the reality will be a letdown compared to the buildup.

The problem is a lot more people will have to give something up than will benefit from it and even the people who will benefit from it, expect more. They are not going to be happy when they find out free means buying insurance or going on medicaid. And then of course there are the economic impact of the taxes and the burdens on business.

Terrye on March 23, 2010 at 6:01 PM

when the law starts adding to our defecit, the poll will shift.

jbh45 on March 23, 2010 at 5:58 PM

I think this is true, especially considering the fact that the deficit is a huge worry to the public right now.

Terrye on March 23, 2010 at 6:02 PM

From the bloomberg poll:

night?
38 Favor
50 Oppose
12 Not sure

rob verdi on March 23, 2010 at 5:13 PM

–Notice that most of the sampling for the Bloomberg poll was done before the House passed the bill. The Gallup sampling was all done on Monday.

Jimbo3 on March 23, 2010 at 6:09 PM

blatantblue on March 23, 2010 at 5:02 PM

OmahaConservative on March 23, 2010 at 5:10 PM

–D*ckweed, Unamerican, Nazi Concentration Camp guard and now Thinskinned pantywaist? I can take the first three but there’s no way I’m the last one.

RepubChica on March 23, 2010 at 5:38 PM

–And I don’t regret what I said. And I am a real lawyer. I just decided not to turn it into WWWII.

Jimbo3 on March 23, 2010 at 6:15 PM

aero on March 23, 2010 at 5:25 PM

I did much the same thing when we moved to our current location. It does take a lot out of you. Ultimately the part time became the full time with a better salary. One of these days maybe things will be “normal” again. I hope I remember what it looks like.

Cindy Munford on March 23, 2010 at 6:18 PM

blatantblue on March 23, 2010 at 5:02 PM

OmahaConservative on March 23, 2010 at 5:10 PM

RepubChica on March 23, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Jimbo3 on March 23, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Hey, lawyer—-Only a thinskinned pantywaist goes running to the principal as a squealing tattletale when they hear something they don’t like. Git’cher panties out of a twist and man up.

Many people on this website are super super sensitive

blatantblue on March 23, 2010 at 5:02 PM

OmahaConservative on March 23, 2010 at 6:29 PM

The bump was anticipated as the winners exhilaration was a natural considering the tension prior to passing. Tbe truth comes once the emotion of the moment becomes reality and people actually understand what the bill contains. Gallup is a master of working the margin of error in his favor. I prefer Rasmussem over his ploll 10-1. He is so tied to the MSM that the slightest lean to the left reflects nothing to note.

volsense on March 23, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Few in the general public have any idea what is in the “Bill” except the Candyland cum Pollyanna-ish, deceptive dreck that the Lamestream (pro-Obama, pro-Nanny Statist none-dare-call-it-socialism) Media is spoonfeeding them (“30 milllion” covered, no pre-existing conditions restrictions, “children” up to the age of 26 stay on their parents’ plans, billions in savings, etc. etc.).

How could any poll on Obamacare’s “merits” or “consequences” have any value when the questions are based, primarily, on fundamental misrepresentations, lies, distortions and a level of fantasy-based wishful thinking not seen since November 2008?

You might as well ask if people hate cute widdle fluffy kittens or not.

profitsbeard on March 23, 2010 at 6:34 PM

That’s quite a swing among indies from two days ago to Gallup today.

There is a natural tendency on the part of a fair number of people to go with the team that scored the last points. It doesn’t last.

MB4 on March 23, 2010 at 6:42 PM

I want my Obama money now!!!!

Amongst those same people, I’m sure there is a small percentage whose only source of information about Obamacare was slogans, Obama speeches and a few news clips, and who have also mentally filtered out anything they didn’t like to the point that they now think they have “free” health care. I honestly suspect there are people making doctor appointments this week, who are not expecting to see a bill. Imagining the look on their faces, when they find out otherwise, gives me my daily requirement of vitamin schadenfreude.

Huggles the Porcupine on March 23, 2010 at 6:45 PM

MB4 on March 23, 2010 at 6:42 PM

That is pretty much what Glenn Reynolds said. He said a slight bounce and then more decline. I guess we will find out.

Terrye on March 23, 2010 at 7:14 PM

JIMBO:

It was done in one day and that is all and that is no way to get a good sample. What amazes me is that Democrats like yourself and can ignore dozens of crappy polls and then excited about 1 poll that does not even give your team majority support.

Terrye on March 23, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Saturday Gallup had it down 39-59. Today it’s up 49-40.That’s a preposterous one day swing. One area of free speech I might be willing to curtail is polling.

xkaydet65 on March 23, 2010 at 7:23 PM

We can bet dollars to donuts they won’t stop campaigning on this the way they had with the spendulus debacle.

Of course, they’ll probably pull out the “saved or created” line and apply it to this evil law; but, since this contains funding for abortion, they really won’t be able to claim “saved”.

madmonkphotog on March 23, 2010 at 7:40 PM

JIMBO:

Terrye on March 23, 2010 at 7:16 PM

They gotta take what they can get, Terrye. Notice they haven’t wasted any time in commissioning this poll so they’d have some propaganda to distribute to their willing water carriers in the media. They’re evil and corrupt, but they’re not stupid. They know the American people oppose this POS. They think we’re all dumb enough that if they convince that everyone else likes it OK, well then heck, maybe it’s not so bad. The fact that they’re already spinning this with polls and another nationwide hard-sell tour by the Campaigner-in-Chief, when we’re 8 months out from the election, shows they know they’ve got some serious work to do. Too bad for them the voters have long memories, and piling on with an even more unpopular position on amnesty for illegals will hardly help their case.

NoLeftTurn on March 23, 2010 at 7:51 PM

November is just around the corner…

Khun Joe on March 23, 2010 at 8:22 PM

Would that be wrong?

PappaMac on March 23, 2010 at 5:22 PM

After the election I got some of that car window paint stuff and put the # for the WH switchboard along this message: Tell Obama Don’t Force Doctors to Abort Babies – Choice Works Both Ways Got a lot of honks and talked to alot of people. You could do “For Your Free Health Care – Just Call …

I double dog dare you!

kringeesmom on March 23, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Terrye on March 23, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Heck NO!!!

But I’m sayin’ he ran as a “conservative” yet he voted for that idiotic jobs bill (chock full of pork) and he didn’t stand up with Bunning (independent).

While I appreciate that he has not embraced the tea party movement and sent them roses.. he could have been a bit more gracious/diplomatic, IMO he took the tea party money and ran away as fast as he could.

My bet is that while Mass is liberal, there is conservatism brewing and a lot of people are sick to death of the reckless spending. I spent a lot of time reading the comments on the local newspaper threads, and there were a lot of tea partyesque comments from the locals.

kringeesmom on March 23, 2010 at 8:35 PM

JIMBO:

Terrye on March 23, 2010 at 7:16 PM

xkaydet65 on March 23, 2010 at 7:23 PM

–The bill passed and there’s a bunch of good stuff in it which is now the “status quo”. So the question is now different than before the bill was bassed. It’s become “do you overall like the bill now that it’s passed”. And about 15 percent of the population didn’t like the original bill because it wasn’t liberal enough. They’re probably on board now.

Let’s wait for about a week and look at other polls. But my guess is that you’ll see overall support for the bill now that it’s passed and a lack of majority support to repeal it.

Jimbo3 on March 23, 2010 at 8:47 PM

when the law starts adding to our defecit, the poll will shift.

jbh45 on March 23, 2010 at 5:58 PM

I doubt that. If the poll shifts, it will have nothing to do with the deficit. The leftists in the dem party and media will simply claim the deficit would have been SO MUCH WORSE had obamacare not passed. Remember the spin on the unemployment numbers, they simply tell people how much worse it would have been without their “help”, and people just lapped it up. No one even asked for evidence (except us, and no one is listening to us).

runawayyyy on March 24, 2010 at 10:33 AM

Nanny Phlofit needs to go because she is suffering mental illness from to much Botox. Seriously, look at several of the photos taken at the signing ceremony, and you will find Speaker Phlofit looking so ever suspiciously over President Omana’s shoulder to make sure he is really signing her bill, and another which she realizes that a camera is pointed in her direction and she strikes a pose of looking down her nose at U.S..

MSGTAS on March 24, 2010 at 11:00 AM