Pelosi prays to St Joseph to pass this abortion-funding bill for its life affirmation, or something

posted at 12:55 pm on March 19, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

I’m reminded of the blessing from the opening of Fiddler on the Roof, where the rabbi is asked whether there is an appropriate prayer for the Tsar.  The rabbi responds, “May the Lord bless and keep the Tsar … far away from us!”  Nancy Pelosi invokes St. Joseph the Worker on his feast day to exhort him to help her pass a bill that will provide funding for abortions in short order (via Greg Hengler):

Today is the feast of St. Joseph the Worker, particularly important to Italian-Americans. It’s a day where we remember and pray to St. Joseph to benefit the workers of America, and that’s exactly what our health-care bill will do. … Every order that you can think of was there [on a list of endorsements], saying they wanted us to pass this life-affirming legislation.

Probably the least shocking part of this is her misconception of saints and their role in prayer in the Catholic faith.  Just as an explanation for non-Catholics, we don’t pray “to” saints to have them benefit us, or the workers of America, or whatever else we happen to want.  Because we believe that no one in heaven is dead, we ask them to pray with us and for us (just as we would our friends on the more temporal realm) to ask for the Lord’s intercession, much as the rabbi did in the film.  It’s hard to expect any Catholic who supports abortion to get the subtle nuances of saints and prayer life, however.

As far as life affirmation goes, the Catholic bishops have already warned that the Senate version of the bill will eventually create mandates for federal funding of abortions.  That’s a feature for Pelosi, not a bug.  As Steven Ertelt reports this morning, the Catholic Medical Association agrees:

Another prominent Catholic organization has weighed in on the abortion-health care debate and it says any Catholics who support the pro-abortion health care bill are out of step with the pro-life teachings of the Catholic Church. …

“As the Democrat party accelerates efforts to enact comprehensive health-care legislation before the Easter recess, the Catholic Health Association, leaders of women’s religious orders, and academics at Catholic institutions have endorsed Senate bill H.R. 3590 and called for the House of Representatives to pass this bill as-is,” CMA told LifeNews.com in a statement late Thursday.

“In so doing, they have intentionally and publicly contradicted the policy position of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops,” the group added.

The Catholic Medical Association said it agreed with the conclusion of Denver Archbishop Charles Chaput, who said these groups “have done a grave disservice to the American Catholic community by undermining the leadership of the nation’s Catholic bishops, sowing confusion among faithful Catholics, and misleading legislators through their support of the Senate bill.”

To the pro-life Catholic leader’s statement, CMA added: “Should this political ploy prove successful in persuading some legislators to vote for this flawed bill, these individuals and groups will have done a grave disservice to human dignity and to the common good of this nation.”

Ertelt yesterday reported on the letter Pelosi referenced:

A letter form a group of several dozen dissident Catholic nuns whose position in favor of the pro-abortion Senate health care bill is coming under further scrutiny. Now, the nation’s Catholic bishops say the media wrongly represented the letter as speaking for 59,000 nuns.

The letter, which has already come under fire from pro-life Catholic groups, has been responsible for shifting some pro-life Democrats to the undecided column on the bill or leaning towards voting for it.

Sister Mary Ann Walsh, the director of media relations for the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, emailed LifeNews.com with a rebuttal.

“A recent letter from Network, a social justice lobby of sisters, grossly overstated whom they represent in a letter to Congress that was also released to media,” she writes. “Network’s letter, about health care reform, was signed by a few dozen people, and despite what Network said, they do not come anywhere near representing 59,000 American sisters.”

“The letter had 55 signatories, some individuals, some groups of three to five persons. One endorser signed twice,” she noted. “There are 793 religious communities in the United States. The math is clear. Network is far off the mark.”

The one consistency in Pelosi’s approach on ObamaCare has been misrepresentation.  This is just Pelosi being consistent.

Update: Appparently, Pelosi has her feast days technically wrong.  Today is the feast day of St. Joseph, but the feast day for Joseph as St. Joseph the Worker (the same man, two different distinctions) is on May 1st.

Update II: The Anchoress is livid:

The Church scandalizes itself often; it is an imperfect institution where holiness and evil are activated against one another, and the battle is profound. Understanding that, one tends to the long view, and so when individual Catholics screw up and bring scandal, I am mindful of the fact that I too am a Catholic who -in my own way- can and do bring scandal to others. I understand that in my rage right now, I am probably “scandalizing” someone who thinks I should be “more tolerant of an opposing view” so I don’t particularly believe I am called to inventory the soul of another.

However, it is one thing for a Catholic to be publicly misguided, misinformed, socially maladjusted or even stupid. It’s quite another -and to my way of thinking, a genuinely evil thing- for Catholics to put on a cloak of moral authority by virtue of their church membership, and proceed to spin their deceitful webs while mindfully exploiting her greatest saints and teachings for the expressed (and unbelievably sleazy) promulgation of their legislative propaganda.

This goes beyond being a faulty human Catholic; it goes beyond being mistaken. It goes beyond “arguing in good faith.” What the Pelosi did today is a declaration that this woman is not averse to using methods of pure disorientation, to achieve her ends.

I am no authority. I cannot go so far as some in my email wish me to, and suggest that this is a woman who is actually manifesting diabolical disorientation in the world.

She has plenty more to say; be sure to read it all.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

OK, all you people of prayer. Forget Saint Joseph. I highly doubt Nancy feels comfortable talking to the BOSS… You all start praying to Him to bring us through this. That, I can guarantee you, has a whole lot more power than praying to Saint Joseph…

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2010 at 1:27 PM

OmahaConservative on March 19, 2010 at 1:27 PM

Nah. If I were a religious type, I’d think I’d enjoying seeing her in hell.

lorien1973 on March 19, 2010 at 1:28 PM

Danny on March 19, 2010 at 1:26

She always reminds me of the Borgias

Several rumours have persisted throughout the years, primarily speculating as to the nature of the extravagant parties thrown by the Borgia family. Many of these concern allegations of incest, poisoning, and murder on her part; however, no historical basis for these rumors has ever been brought forward, beyond allegations made by the rivals of the Borgias.

Dr Evil on March 19, 2010 at 1:28 PM

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2010 at 1:27 PM

A-MEN brother, Amen.

OmahaConservative on March 19, 2010 at 1:29 PM

and pray to St. Joseph

You’re doing it wrong.

exception on March 19, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Amen.

Mr_Magoo on March 19, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Nah. If I were a religious type, I’d think I’d enjoying seeing her in hell.

lorien1973 on March 19, 2010 at 1:28 PM

Are you a religious type? If not, then how can you comment?

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Only God gets to decide that. Please pray for her instead of judging that she seeks forgiveness.

OmahaConservative on March 19, 2010 at 1:27 PM

I agree, however, I would not want to be her on her judgement day.

truetexan on March 19, 2010 at 1:30 PM

The Borjias had a couple of Popes in their family.

Dr Evil on March 19, 2010 at 1:31 PM

For a self-identified “ardent Catholic,” she doesn’t even understand how prayers work. You don’t pray to a saint, you ask the saint to intercede with God on your behalf. She’s as Catholic as Henry VIII.

OmahaConservative on March 19, 2010 at 1:27 PM

You are correct. We don’t know the condition of her soul, but she’s not doing it much good by way of her actions and public pronouncements. God is merciful, which is a good thing because we all need His mercy.

Mr. D on March 19, 2010 at 1:31 PM

I agree, however, I would not want to be her on her judgement day.

truetexan on March 19, 2010 at 1:30 PM

You’re telling me! There are a lot of politicians I wouldn’t want to be on the day of judgment….

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2010 at 1:32 PM

truetexan on March 19, 2010 at 1:30 PM

No, me either. Even if and when she repents, she will still be held accountable for her deeds by our Lord Jesus Christ.

OmahaConservative on March 19, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Oh yes, pray to a man, that always works.

True_King on March 19, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Now Rush has a caller on who is a retired attorney who was an Assistant U.S. District Attorney, worked mostly at the appellate level and handled a lot of cases involving statutory and constitutional interpretation. She cited Article 1, Section 5 which says that 1/5 of the voting members can require that all of the Yays and Nays be recorded — this would seem to supercede the Slaughter Rule. She says she called her rep’s office to point this out but was told the House leadership takes the position that another part of Article 1, Section 5 says the Body is allowed to make the rules and that this would trump the part about requiring the votes to be recorded. However, this caller said it is established law that when two parts of a law appear to be in conflict, the more specific one will trump the more general.

Anyway, people who are melting the phones or who — like me — have Republican representatives, be sure to mention this when you call.

NoLeftTurn on March 19, 2010 at 1:33 PM

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2010 at 1:27 PM

That’s the crux isn’t it, Man’s Will vs God’s Will

Nancy seems Willful to Me. Do we all have to be part of her life lesson? Are we here to witness?

Dr Evil on March 19, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Just as an explanation for non-Catholics, we don’t pray “to” saints to have them benefit us, or the workers of America, or whatever else we happen to want. Because we believe that no one in heaven is dead, we ask them to pray with us and for us (just as we would our friends on the more temporal realm) to ask for the Lord’s intercession, much as the rabbi did in the film

A very good distinction and one I used to have to draw for others time and time again … and yet even people who I know knew better (they were frequently responsible for teaching just such a difference) will frequently light a candle and mention praying to this or that saint. It’s common phrasing. I stopped wincing about it a long time ago and don’t make waves unless I think they are actually exhorting me to pray TO the saint…

dieudonne on March 19, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Praying to anything other than God is idolatry. That includes this so-called St. Joseph and Mary the mother of Jesus. There very well may be an entity masquerading as a St. Joseph that loves to be prayed to but it isn’t God.

alteredbeat on March 19, 2010 at 1:34 PM

A spokesman for St. Joseph said that the foster-father of Christ was not accepting calls on this issue, and directed callers to make an appointment with their local cluebat.

DRPrice on March 19, 2010 at 1:34 PM

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2010 at 1:32 PM

No kidding. I was surprised Pelosi didn’t get struck by lightening in that clip.

truetexan on March 19, 2010 at 1:35 PM

You’ve been abusing your power the whole nation around
But that reign of terror of yours will someday come to an end
Hey woman, you lie until you’ve dug yourself way into the ground
The truth and decency way beyond any recognition you bend

E-evil woman, e-evil woman, e-evil woman, evil woman

That’s a dead end road that leads to you know where
So you just make whatever hay you can between here and there
There’s a hole in your soul where all the abusing and lying comes from
Soon you’ll be scrambling to get out of town like a bum

E-evil woman, e-evil woman, e-evil woman, evil woman

Ha ha woman its a crying shame
But when you finally get your just deserts you’ll have no one else to blame

E-evil woman, e-evil woman, e-evil woman, evil woman
E-evil woman, e-evil woman, e-evil woman, evil woman

MB4 on March 19, 2010 at 1:35 PM

NoLeftTurn on March 19, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Mark Levin said it’s not true.

ladyingray on March 19, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Dr Evil on March 19, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Unfortunately, it’s not just Nancy. We might have to be the witnesses to the behavior of a lot of Americans that feel this (and other things) must go through.

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Her clock’s ticking, and Satan’s warming up an extra special place just for her.

Midas on March 19, 2010 at 1:36 PM

truetexan on March 19, 2010 at 1:35 PM

If this doesn’t go her way, I expect to see her fist raised and waving in the air…Curses… Curses.

Dr Evil on March 19, 2010 at 1:37 PM

Saint Jude. Patron saint of lost causes. I’ve asked him to be an intercessor for us.

As for Nancy…the mere fact that the church hasn’t excommunicated her….is why I won’t attend, til they do. It’s a slap in the face to all Catholics, who don’t believe in abortion….to support a church that supports, although not abortion, but supports socialistic ideas.

capejasmine on March 19, 2010 at 1:37 PM

NoLeftTurn on March 19, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Mark Levin said it’s not true.

ladyingray on March 19, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Yeah, I’m listening to him now — what he says makes sense. He is saying it won’t work because the Senate bill is not on the floor for the vote, the Slaughter rule is what the vote is on.

NoLeftTurn on March 19, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Oh, that reminds me -

I respect Speaker Pelosi. I think she’s one of the great American success stories. WWe talk about Hillary Clinton and her inspiration to millions of Americans. Speaker Pelosi has been an inspiration as well.
- John McCain

MB4 on March 19, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Nancy Pelosi is so going to hell.

chunderroad on March 19, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Praying for Hitler wouldn’t have made him any less an evil person. Nancy’s so close to getting Federally-funded abortions, she can just taste it.

olesparkie on March 19, 2010 at 1:39 PM

capejasmine on March 19, 2010 at 1:37 PM

Are there any catholic groups where you are that don’t support socialist ideals or support people that are pro-abortion?

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2010 at 1:40 PM

John 11:35 “Jesus wept.”

Mason on March 19, 2010 at 1:40 PM

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2010 at 1:27 PM

She’s as comfortable talking to the BOSS as she is talking to St. Joseph, for, after all, the BOSS looks just like her and thinks just like her.

And do not belittle an intercessory prayer to St. Joseph the Worker, reqesting his own prayers for us:

Glorious St. Joseph, model of all who are devoted to labor, obtain for me the grace to work conscientiously, putting the call of duty above my natural inclinations; to work with gratitude and joy, considering it an honor to employ and develop, by means of labor, the gifts received from God, disregarding difficulties and weariness; to work, above all, with purity of intention and with detachment from self, having always before my eyes death, and the account which I must render of time lost, of talents wasted, of good omitted, of vain complacency in success, so fatal to the work of God. All for Jesus, all for Mary, all after your example, patriarch Joseph. This will be my watchword in life and in death. Amen. [from Pope John XXIII]

…or…

Blessed St. Joseph, patron of all working people, obtain for me the grace to labor in a spirit of penance for the atonement of my many sins. Help me to be conscientious in my work so that I may give as full a measure as I have received.

May I labor in a spirit of thankfulness and joy, ever mindful of all the gifts I have received from God that enable me to perform these tasks. Permit me to work in peace, patience, and moderation, keeping in mind the account I must one day give of time lost, talents unused, good omitted, and vanity of success, so fatal to the work of God. Glorious St. Joseph, may my labors be all for Jesus, all through Mary, and all after your holy example in life and in death. Amen.[from Pope Pius X]

It is always helpful to remember the example of the good people who came before us on this earth, and to ask their intercession.

unclesmrgol on March 19, 2010 at 1:40 PM

capejasmine on March 19, 2010 at 1:37 PM

So sad when you have to make a stand against your church because a few begin to turn the scriptures into what they think they should say, rather than upholding it as God’s word. We have had to do the same. Hmm…that is a lot like what the current majority seems to be doing to our Constitution too. I guess if they feel they can make the Bible say what they want it to, they can easily change our Constitution.

truetexan on March 19, 2010 at 1:40 PM

Spot on, Ed.

That’s usually misrepresented by Protestants.

Anyhoo, I cannot believe Pelosi calls herself “Catholic” and supports abortion…sorry, a “woman’s right to choose”.

What a poser.

JetBoy on March 19, 2010 at 1:41 PM

Not only this this monster pure evil… she’s also clearly on a lot of drugs or incredibly insane.

RightWinged on March 19, 2010 at 1:41 PM

FYI Nancy, I’m praying the rosary that the lies and corruption of your administration will be realized by the clueless that voted for Obama.

redridinghood on March 19, 2010 at 1:41 PM

War is peace. Slavery is freedom. Ignorance is strength. Death is life.

Cheshire Cat on March 19, 2010 at 1:42 PM

Rush is on this today, and if you can….listen.

Right now, he’s telling how Pelosi is duping members of the house on this vote. It’s all a sham on how they’re doing this.

capejasmine on March 19, 2010 at 1:42 PM

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2010 at 1:35 PM

I think Stupak, and his like minded peers will block this on the Abortion language.

I think people like Nancy Pelosi, thinks we had reached a tipping point in this country but that was her wishful -willful thinking. Nancy is over reaching.

Dr Evil on March 19, 2010 at 1:43 PM

unclesmrgol on March 19, 2010 at 1:40 PM

Even if the BOSS looked just like her and thought just like her, that doesn’t mean that she should feel comfortable talking to the BOSS.

As far as belittling goes… without intentionally starting a flame war, I’d simply say, all Believers here should be taking their concerns, worries, and such directly to God. We should ask him for guidance, protection, and mercy. That’s not condescending. That’s the truth of the matter.

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2010 at 1:45 PM

shouldn’t she just pray to Obama since he is their God?

PappyD61 on March 19, 2010 at 1:46 PM

truetexan on March 19, 2010 at 1:40 PM

Exactly. Then these mongrels want to impose their beliefs on everyone, without regard for anything but their own blind ambition for power.

If more people could see this for what it is, we could really stomp this down. But to many like AnninCA and crr6 really believe what’s told them. That this will be great, and everyone will benefit. If they’d clear their minds, read the bill, and go outside the partisan genre of information, they might learn something.

capejasmine on March 19, 2010 at 1:46 PM

Dr Evil on March 19, 2010 at 1:43 PM

We will see about Stupak and his gang.

As far as Nancy over reaching – most definitely! But at this stage, she doesn’t seem to care.

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Matthew 19 (ESV) 13 Then children were brought to him that he might lay his hands on them and pray. The disciples rebuked the people, 14but Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”

I’d sure hate to be responsible for the modern-day slaughter of the innocents that abortion kills since Jesus loves the children.
May God have mercy on them and their souls.

OmahaConservative on March 19, 2010 at 1:47 PM

When this woman attempts to enter a church, sparks should fly and lightening bolts should be striking the ground.

I sincerely believe that Nancy Pelosi could be the anti-christ.

NoDonkey on March 19, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Would somebody please throw some water on her.

LSUMama on March 19, 2010 at 1:47 PM

***
Abortion supporting SanFranNan prays that ObamaCare will pass to “hep out the children”. And her bill will fund more abortions (not “choices”) at taxpayer expense.
***
So far this hasn’t helped out the 40 million plus babies aborted in the U.S.A. since Roe vs Wade became law much. Just do it to the children is O.K. with the “liberals”. See what God thinks when you stand before him on Judgment Day–I think “choices” will look like abortions to Him.
***
John Bibb
***

rocketman on March 19, 2010 at 1:48 PM

Hey Speaker Pelosi… from me to you… Sei una testa di cazzo! Vaffanculo!

Danny on March 19, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Mi piace tanto tanto! :-)

Mary in LA on March 19, 2010 at 1:48 PM

…SanFranNan prays that ObamaCare will pass to “help out the children”…

Not “help the children”, but “help them out”… of the womb before they can live.

I’m gonna barf now.

Mary in LA on March 19, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Liberal politiicians know perfectly well that this kind of stunt alienates their moonbat base and doesn’t fool any of the rest of us.

I think they only blaspheme to prove (to themselves, mostly) that they can say the word “God” without spontaneously bursting into flame. Sacrilege is the closest thing to religion they will ever know.

logis on March 19, 2010 at 1:50 PM

capejasmine on March 19, 2010 at 1:46 PM

I lived through a church becoming a “cult” and wasn’t liked because I started calling it what it was and making sure the young women I mentored got “deprogrammed”. The shades are already coming off of peoples eyes. Unfortunately, it will be a while for it to all come down. It will happen though. I have faith in that!

truetexan on March 19, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Do not imagine for a moment, Mr. Morrissey, that leadership is a pleasure. On the contrary, it is a deep and heavy responsibility. No one believes more firmly than Emperor Barack Obama, Queen Nancy Pelosi and Prince Harry Reid in the sanctity of life. They would be only too happy to let tiny babies be born and grow up, but some of these tiny babies may be a drain on the States Progressive Medical System and worse still, if allowed to be born and grow up many of these tiny babies might be racists, political terrorists who would rebel against the State, or, as they get older, seek medical care when they should just go off someplace and die for the good of the State and might not contribute to the DNC and might not even vote Democrat, even once, let alone vote democrat early and often, in future elections, Mr. Morrissey, and then where would we be?

Cheshire Cat on March 19, 2010 at 1:51 PM

reaganaut on March 19, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Barring any late come to Jesus moment, she is already damned to hell, thing is she is trying to establish hell on earth with all this shameful Marxist legislation.

daesleeper on March 19, 2010 at 1:51 PM

an invisible post.

Let’s try this

::insert Picard “facepalm” image here::

reaganaut on March 19, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Hi, reaganaut! Did you just think a bannable thought? I’ve thought plenty… ;-)

Mary in LA on March 19, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Saint Patrick chased all the snakes out of Ireland in 1461.

I ask Saint Patrick to pray with us and for us to chase all the leftists out of government in November.

percysunshine on March 19, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Hi, reaganaut! Did you just think a bannable thought? I’ve thought plenty… ;-)

Mary in LA on March 19, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Hahaha!

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2010 at 1:53 PM

It’s a typo, Ed. She was praying to St. Joseph the Smirker ;)

Laura in Maryland on March 19, 2010 at 1:54 PM

I must not think banned thoughts.
I must not think banned thoughts.
I must not think banned thoughts…

Mary in LA on March 19, 2010 at 1:54 PM

percysunshine on March 19, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Wishing St. Patrick could drive all the SNAKES out of congress…

OmahaConservative on March 19, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Would somebody please throw some water on her.

LSUMama on March 19, 2010 at 1:47 PM

How about just throwing her in the water, like someplace out in the middle of the Bermuda Triangle.

MB4 on March 19, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Laura in Maryland on March 19, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Thanks for the much-needed laugh!

Mary in LA on March 19, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Mary in LA on March 19, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Thanks for the chuckle. Needed that today!

truetexan on March 19, 2010 at 1:55 PM

I sincerely believe that Nancy Pelosi could be the anti-christ.

NoDonkey on March 19, 2010 at 1:47 PM

No She just places her own Will – Man’s Will above God’s Will.

This behavior can be witnessed through out history…God is 10-0 ;)

Dr Evil on March 19, 2010 at 1:56 PM

Mary in LA on March 19, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Lol, you and me both, darlin. When I get home tonight at 9:30 I will be drinking, so I will need to stay away from HA.

OmahaConservative on March 19, 2010 at 1:56 PM

blasphemy. Nancy better get to confession and change her stance on abortion or she will go to hell.

Daveyardbird on March 19, 2010 at 1:56 PM

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2010 at 1:40 PM

I’m thinking we need a US based Carlist movement.

NoDonkey on March 19, 2010 at 1:57 PM

Laura in Maryland on March 19, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Oh, too damn funny!

OmahaConservative on March 19, 2010 at 1:57 PM

I must not think banned thoughts…

Mary in LA on March 19, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Obligatory Jeffersonian Fantasy Post.

/smile

Romeo13 on March 19, 2010 at 1:58 PM

Would somebody please throw some water on her.

LSUMama on March 19, 2010 at 1:47 PM

MB4 on March 19, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Be careful, she might be a gremlin instead if a wicked witch.

zmdavid on March 19, 2010 at 1:58 PM

Wishing St. Patrick could drive all the SNAKES out of congress…

OmahaConservative on March 19, 2010 at 1:54 PM

That to.

percysunshine on March 19, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Hey Nancy Pants,

Just an FYI St. Joseph the Worker is not the St. Joseph Workers of the World Unite. Just sayin!

margretto on March 19, 2010 at 1:59 PM

I’m thinking we need a US based Carlist movement.

NoDonkey on March 19, 2010 at 1:57 PM

I don’t really know what this is, and I’m actually about to head out, but maybe you could explain more and I’ll try to get back to this later – plus others might be interested. Thanks

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Blasphemous heaux.

1921 C DRUM on March 19, 2010 at 2:02 PM

The Patron Saint of Hot Air should be St. Patrick.

There are snakes all over the place….we must drive them out.

percysunshine on March 19, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Knock, knock.

Fred Sanford: Who is it?
Nancy Pelosi: It’s Nancy!
Fred Sanford: Nancy who?
Nancy Pelosi: You know Nancy who! Open this door fool!
Fred Sanford: I can’t open the door!
Nancy Pelosi: Why not?
Fred Sanford: You too ugly and too sinful!
Nancy Peolsi: But Fred, I need your help.
Fred Sanford: But, Nancy, I’m a junkman, not a plastic surgeon and a Priest.

MB4 on March 19, 2010 at 2:03 PM

I don’t have the knowledge of the bible or any specific organized religion, but what I do have is an over abundance of faith. My instincts tell me God isn’t going to like this abortion business.

booter on March 19, 2010 at 2:05 PM

capejasmine on March 19, 2010 at 1:37 PM

So you deny your own relationship with God because the Church continues to reach out to Nancy? Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face!

As for socialism, I fail to see where the Church advocates same. The Church advocates for social justice, including the free migration of people, aid for those who cannot work for themselves…

…in other words, for individual rights of humans, and against putting up barriers of the kind we beseech St. Joseph the Worker to help us overcome.

As for healthcare, who does not see it as a right? If the Government could stop you from seeing a doctor, or would raise price barriers making it more difficult for you to see one, would you not say that the Government is denying you a right?

Where we are in this debate is whether it is a private right to be pursued with the means at the private person’s disposal, or whether it is a public right to be provided by the Government.

I see provision of public healthcare as a barrier rather than a benefit — if an employer like Caterpiller must pay $100M extra for healthcare, that $100M must come from several places — the dividends which would have been paid to stockholders (e.g., out of the retirement plans of many Americans), the capital which would have been used for the hiring and training of new workers…a “right” manufactured out of the whole cloth of taking from many and giving to a few.

If the Government can decide that Grandma’s hip replacement surgery is not cost-effective, the insurance policies which would provide coverage for same become much more expensive — because they will be subject to the “Cadillac Tax” which acts as a defacto barrier to the right to healthcare. Ditto for any procedure which requires heart valves, stents, or pacemakers.

unclesmrgol on March 19, 2010 at 2:08 PM

JetBoy on March 19, 2010 at 1:41 PM

Have you ever looked at these 2 stories from the Bible alongside each other:

Genesis 18 where Abraham pleads multiple times to spare Sodom and Gomorrah and

Luke 16- The story of the rich man and Lazarus where the rich man pleads in hell with ABRAHAM (in heaven) for a drop of water to cool his tongue or for Moses to appear to his family to convince them to change there ways- and ABRAHAM turns him down cold.

journeyintothewhirlwind on March 19, 2010 at 2:12 PM

St. Joseph, or St. Joe as many call him…his real claim to fame was calling men in wheel chairs to walk.
Here….
Perhaps Pelosi is confused between St. Joesph, and her St. Joe…

right2bright on March 19, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Here….
Perhaps Pelosi is confused between St. Joesph, and her St. Joe…

Don’t forget on St Paddy’s Day he raised the Irish PM’s Mum from the Dead LOL!

Dr Evil on March 19, 2010 at 2:16 PM

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2010 at 2:00 PM

It was a Catholic movement in Spain aimed at restoring the monarchy, but it was against liberalism and modernism.

Carlists were part of the Nationalists during the Spanish Civil War and they helped defeat the communists and the socialists.

They were of course pre-Vatican II Catholics, so they weren’t all about this touchy-feely kumbaya Catholicism that allows a monster like vampiress like Pelosi to claim that she’s a Catholic.

Their Chaplains used to tell the Carlists going into battle that they would receive one year off of Purgatory for every red they killed.

And the great thing is that they fought and won. They didn’t compromise with the socialists, they didn’t co-exist, they defeated the socialists, the anarchists and Stalin’s Soviet agents.

NoDonkey on March 19, 2010 at 2:19 PM

“And if we now cast our eyes over the nations of the earth, we shall find that, instead of possessing the pure religion of the Gospel, they may be divided either into infidels, who deny the truth; or politicians who make religion a stalking horse for their ambition; or professors, who walk in the trammels of orthodoxy, and are more attentive to traditions and ordinances of men than to the oracles of truth.”

Samuel Adams

Speakup on March 19, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Nancy Pelosi is an affront to the Catholic church. Her stance on abortion is well documented, and she should have been tossed long ago. Her praying won’t stop her trip to hell!

byteshredder on March 19, 2010 at 2:23 PM

byteshredder on March 19, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Satan says that even he’s disgusted with Pelosi and that he’s going to invent a place even worse that hell to put her worthlessness.

NoDonkey on March 19, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Terror of the Demons – Pray For Us….from the Litany of Saint Joseph.

SANTA on March 19, 2010 at 2:27 PM

just for the lot of you, I hope you understand that Catholics aren’t supposed to pray to saints, we pray with saints. Matthew 18:20 “For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.”

angelwing34215 on March 19, 2010 at 2:29 PM

capejasmine on March 19, 2010 at 1:37 PM

So faithfully attending Catholic church is the only path to God?

unclesmrgol on March 19, 2010 at 2:08 PM

Good point – use their own argument against them.

MB4 on March 19, 2010 at 2:30 PM

Nancy the convenience catholic.

scalleywag on March 19, 2010 at 2:32 PM

What DC area church do these pro-abortion cafeteria-Catholics attend Mass and commune in?

OmahaConservative on March 19, 2010 at 2:33 PM

This woman is praying to St. Joseph, who saved his foster Son, the Infant Christ, from Herod’s Slaughter of the Innocents; publically calling upon Heaven to bear witness, to ASSIST her, in her works from the pit of hell??? People, Reid/Pelosi/obama will make Mao look like Santa Claus.

This entire obamacare debacle should be renamed the Slaughter of the Innocents. It’s appropriate on every Biblical level and that is no coincidence.

The bitter harvest of Roe v Wade has seen America elect insane, depraved, abortion lusting, “representatives” (I hate when the press calls them “leaders”) who are intent upon enslaving us and forcing us to participate in the bloodbath. obamaSoros can’t wait until they can kill American souls as well as bodies; they are minutes away from making us accomplices to their depravity and murder.

By God, I ask for the power to resist with every ounce of my being.

tigerlily on March 19, 2010 at 2:36 PM

OmahaConservative on March 19, 2010 at 2:33 PM

Does Pelosi even attend mass regularly…?

angelwing34215 on March 19, 2010 at 2:36 PM

MB4 on March 19, 2010 at 2:30 PM

A church is built with bricks, and wood. Windows, walls, and a roof. I can have a relationship with God anywhere. Anyone can.

capejasmine on March 19, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Does Pelosi even attend mass regularly…?

angelwing34215 on March 19, 2010 at 2:36 PM

She claims to be an ardent Catholic, right? Most ardent Catholics I know regularly attend Mass. In fact, my aunt and cousins attend daily Mass.

OmahaConservative on March 19, 2010 at 2:38 PM

OmahaConservative on March 19, 2010 at 2:38 PM

based on her knowledge of Catholicism I’m not convinced she knows what being an ardent Catholic means, only that it sounds good. Just a guess though.

angelwing34215 on March 19, 2010 at 2:42 PM

“If Abraham won’t intercede, why would any other saint? He gave the answer. There is a great gulf between heaven and hell (and heaven and earth) and we have all the tools we need at our hands- the Bible and our Pastors. If we won’t listen to them and change our lives, why would we change our lives for a ghost (who after the initial surprise we would probably put down to stress, illness)

journeyintothewhirlwind on March 19, 2010 at 2:12 PM”

Who is the ghost? St Joseph? Perhaps a rereading of revelation may be in order. Saints are referred to in rev 5:8. “And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four [and] twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints. ” Now WHY would the saints be praying? Who would they be praying for? They wouldn’t need to have to pray for anyone already in heaven, so WHO could they possibly be praying for? Those in hell? Noooooo, they are already damned. So now WHO else could they be praying for? wouldhttp://www.catholic.com/library/Praying_to_the_Saints.asp

P.S. Where did the bible come from? Did it just one day appear from nowhere?

margretto on March 19, 2010 at 2:48 PM

Nancy the convenience cafeteria catholic.

scalleywag on March 19, 2010 at 2:32 PM