Pelosi prays to St Joseph to pass this abortion-funding bill for its life affirmation, or something

posted at 12:55 pm on March 19, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

I’m reminded of the blessing from the opening of Fiddler on the Roof, where the rabbi is asked whether there is an appropriate prayer for the Tsar.  The rabbi responds, “May the Lord bless and keep the Tsar … far away from us!”  Nancy Pelosi invokes St. Joseph the Worker on his feast day to exhort him to help her pass a bill that will provide funding for abortions in short order (via Greg Hengler):

Today is the feast of St. Joseph the Worker, particularly important to Italian-Americans. It’s a day where we remember and pray to St. Joseph to benefit the workers of America, and that’s exactly what our health-care bill will do. … Every order that you can think of was there [on a list of endorsements], saying they wanted us to pass this life-affirming legislation.

Probably the least shocking part of this is her misconception of saints and their role in prayer in the Catholic faith.  Just as an explanation for non-Catholics, we don’t pray “to” saints to have them benefit us, or the workers of America, or whatever else we happen to want.  Because we believe that no one in heaven is dead, we ask them to pray with us and for us (just as we would our friends on the more temporal realm) to ask for the Lord’s intercession, much as the rabbi did in the film.  It’s hard to expect any Catholic who supports abortion to get the subtle nuances of saints and prayer life, however.

As far as life affirmation goes, the Catholic bishops have already warned that the Senate version of the bill will eventually create mandates for federal funding of abortions.  That’s a feature for Pelosi, not a bug.  As Steven Ertelt reports this morning, the Catholic Medical Association agrees:

Another prominent Catholic organization has weighed in on the abortion-health care debate and it says any Catholics who support the pro-abortion health care bill are out of step with the pro-life teachings of the Catholic Church. …

“As the Democrat party accelerates efforts to enact comprehensive health-care legislation before the Easter recess, the Catholic Health Association, leaders of women’s religious orders, and academics at Catholic institutions have endorsed Senate bill H.R. 3590 and called for the House of Representatives to pass this bill as-is,” CMA told LifeNews.com in a statement late Thursday.

“In so doing, they have intentionally and publicly contradicted the policy position of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops,” the group added.

The Catholic Medical Association said it agreed with the conclusion of Denver Archbishop Charles Chaput, who said these groups “have done a grave disservice to the American Catholic community by undermining the leadership of the nation’s Catholic bishops, sowing confusion among faithful Catholics, and misleading legislators through their support of the Senate bill.”

To the pro-life Catholic leader’s statement, CMA added: “Should this political ploy prove successful in persuading some legislators to vote for this flawed bill, these individuals and groups will have done a grave disservice to human dignity and to the common good of this nation.”

Ertelt yesterday reported on the letter Pelosi referenced:

A letter form a group of several dozen dissident Catholic nuns whose position in favor of the pro-abortion Senate health care bill is coming under further scrutiny. Now, the nation’s Catholic bishops say the media wrongly represented the letter as speaking for 59,000 nuns.

The letter, which has already come under fire from pro-life Catholic groups, has been responsible for shifting some pro-life Democrats to the undecided column on the bill or leaning towards voting for it.

Sister Mary Ann Walsh, the director of media relations for the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, emailed LifeNews.com with a rebuttal.

“A recent letter from Network, a social justice lobby of sisters, grossly overstated whom they represent in a letter to Congress that was also released to media,” she writes. “Network’s letter, about health care reform, was signed by a few dozen people, and despite what Network said, they do not come anywhere near representing 59,000 American sisters.”

“The letter had 55 signatories, some individuals, some groups of three to five persons. One endorser signed twice,” she noted. “There are 793 religious communities in the United States. The math is clear. Network is far off the mark.”

The one consistency in Pelosi’s approach on ObamaCare has been misrepresentation.  This is just Pelosi being consistent.

Update: Appparently, Pelosi has her feast days technically wrong.  Today is the feast day of St. Joseph, but the feast day for Joseph as St. Joseph the Worker (the same man, two different distinctions) is on May 1st.

Update II: The Anchoress is livid:

The Church scandalizes itself often; it is an imperfect institution where holiness and evil are activated against one another, and the battle is profound. Understanding that, one tends to the long view, and so when individual Catholics screw up and bring scandal, I am mindful of the fact that I too am a Catholic who -in my own way- can and do bring scandal to others. I understand that in my rage right now, I am probably “scandalizing” someone who thinks I should be “more tolerant of an opposing view” so I don’t particularly believe I am called to inventory the soul of another.

However, it is one thing for a Catholic to be publicly misguided, misinformed, socially maladjusted or even stupid. It’s quite another -and to my way of thinking, a genuinely evil thing- for Catholics to put on a cloak of moral authority by virtue of their church membership, and proceed to spin their deceitful webs while mindfully exploiting her greatest saints and teachings for the expressed (and unbelievably sleazy) promulgation of their legislative propaganda.

This goes beyond being a faulty human Catholic; it goes beyond being mistaken. It goes beyond “arguing in good faith.” What the Pelosi did today is a declaration that this woman is not averse to using methods of pure disorientation, to achieve her ends.

I am no authority. I cannot go so far as some in my email wish me to, and suggest that this is a woman who is actually manifesting diabolical disorientation in the world.

She has plenty more to say; be sure to read it all.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

They said America would not survive without a moral citizenry. After witnessing the last year in DC, I’m surprised we lasted this long.

hisfrogness on March 19, 2010 at 12:57 PM

“Fiddler on the roof” – love that movie. Now on to more serious concerns.

Electrongod on March 19, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Why hasn’t this hag been excommunicated?Shame on the Church for letting her spew these lies.

sandee on March 19, 2010 at 12:57 PM

and pray to St. Joseph

You’re doing it wrong.

exception on March 19, 2010 at 12:58 PM

St. Barry of Honolulu, the patron saint of Socialists.

portlandon on March 19, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Zero wins America loses this one.

I guess taxes start on Mon when Zero signs this to thunderous applause.

I can’t stand Piglosi. I hope she loses her job in Nov, but to I guess it wont matter she’ll have what’s she’s always wanted control over the US.

It’s going to be one depressing weekend.

Brat4life on March 19, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Anyone else getting the distinct impression, as I am here, that this vile b*tch is laughing at us?

pilamaye on March 19, 2010 at 12:58 PM

I wish she were praying to St. Jude, the patron saint of lost causes, but it is looking more and more to me like we need to be.

cool breeze on March 19, 2010 at 12:58 PM

As someone in the headline comments pointed out this isn’t the feast of St. Joseph the Worker.

It’s the feast of St. Joseph, husband of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

zmdavid on March 19, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Waiting for a bolt of lightning…

KeepOhioRed on March 19, 2010 at 12:59 PM

She will face a greater judgment. I have pity for her soul.

search4truth on March 19, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Disgusting. Liberals only talk about religion when they want to bend it to their political ends. Those who truly follow the faith (any faith) can usually see through their misrepresentation.

Does Botoxi even know what prayer actually is?

crazy_legs on March 19, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Any Catholic who supports this or the Democrats is a complete moron. We are going to have abortion for any woman of any age on demand entirely paid for by the taxpayers. Criminally stupid.

WisCon on March 19, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Life affirming legislation???

- Death panels
- Government abortions

PatriotRider on March 19, 2010 at 1:00 PM

It’s the feast of St. Joseph, husband of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

zmdavid on March 19, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Not after they change history.

thomasaur on March 19, 2010 at 1:01 PM

I didn’t know that non-Catholics like Nanzi Rictus prayed to Saints. You learn something new every day.

WarEagle01 on March 19, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Thanks for setting the record straight on where committed catholics stand Ed. As a catholic myself, I have been steadily falling into despair with each new news item telling me that large sections of the church support health care reform. Although, to be honest, the only thing they object to is abortion. Other than that, the church is as socialist in their beliefs as the liberals when it comes to social justice.

KickandSwimMom on March 19, 2010 at 1:01 PM

I hate to be crass…

but Pelosi is one stupid bitch.

catmman on March 19, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Yeah, maybe I misheard Nancy when she was talking about this, but didn’t she mention two of those “59,000 nuns” were sisters who taught her in school? Bets on whether the convent will be getting a new swimming pool?

NoLeftTurn on March 19, 2010 at 1:01 PM

She will face a greater judgment. I have pity for her soul.

search4truth on March 19, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Yes, it’s just too bad she doesn’t see what her reward will be…

WhoU4 on March 19, 2010 at 1:01 PM

I just choked on a St. Joseph pastry.

Mr. Joe on March 19, 2010 at 1:02 PM

The Feast of Saint Joseph the SEIU worker…

PatriotRider on March 19, 2010 at 1:02 PM

Seriously,I would not want to be in her shoes!…Man looks on the outside,God looks on the heart….

ohiobabe on March 19, 2010 at 1:02 PM

I just heard a clip of Pelosi, she said “When we brang this bill to the floor…”

Brang? My little tots don’t use “brang”.

Bishop on March 19, 2010 at 1:02 PM

Pelosi is on the verge of a meltdown.

uknowmorethanme on March 19, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Oh, please. The only thing Nancy and her ilk worship is their own power.

Christien on March 19, 2010 at 1:04 PM

If there is a hell, she’ll have a very special place in it. May she suffer, slowly and for a long time.

Schadenfreude on March 19, 2010 at 1:04 PM

These are the last days.

Fine by me at this point.

Good Riddance days.

Dorvillian on March 19, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Contact her Bishop and express your outrage at her many public heresies:

George Hugh Niederauer, Archbishop
Official Web Site: http://www.sfarchdiocese.org/
Mailing Address: One Peter Yorke Way, San Francisco, CA 94109-6602
Telephone: (415)614-5500
Fax: 565-3617

OmahaConservative on March 19, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Pelosi is on the verge of a meltdown.

uknowmorethanme on March 19, 2010 at 1:03 PM

maybe literally, does Botox melt?

WhoU4 on March 19, 2010 at 1:05 PM

OmahaConservative on March 19, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Will do, Thanks!

WhoU4 on March 19, 2010 at 1:06 PM

How dare she. Where are my Catholic Leaders?

bloggless on March 19, 2010 at 1:07 PM

St. Barry of Honolulu, the patron saint of Socialists.

portlandon on March 19, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Those Indonesians better put his statue back up.

NebCon on March 19, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Can we affirm her life in a similar fashion?

lorien1973 on March 19, 2010 at 1:07 PM

God help us.

Niere on March 19, 2010 at 1:07 PM

I don’t even know what to say anymore and since it’s a beautiful day in Chicago, I think I’ll go walk the dog and hassle the idiots in my neighborhood who still have Obama stickers on their cars.

Knucklehead on March 19, 2010 at 1:08 PM

I have pity for her soul.

search4truth on March 19, 2010 at 12:59 PM

I’m beginning to wonder if she has one.

behiker on March 19, 2010 at 1:10 PM

Rush just said there are 40 undeclared Democrats.

Dire Straits on March 19, 2010 at 1:10 PM

God please forgive me, I hate that woman.

ctmom on March 19, 2010 at 1:10 PM

Rush just said there is no way to say how many votes short they are because there are 40 undecided Democrats, and I guess MSNBC just reported that Dem. leaders say they don’t have the votes.

So don’t give up the fight yet, people.

NoLeftTurn on March 19, 2010 at 1:10 PM

She will face a greater judgment. I have pity for her soul.

search4truth on March 19, 2010 at 12:59 PM

I don’t. God is fair and just. And that should give all of us pause.

av8tr on March 19, 2010 at 1:10 PM

dissident Catholic nuns

That brought me up short. Don’t get to see those words in a quote very often.

This woman is an apostate. I don’t care what her stated religion is, you cannot be vociferously for something like abortion that is against one of the major tenets of your faith and not be guilty of apostasy.

Tennman on March 19, 2010 at 1:10 PM

Shameless.

Same should be said of the “Pro-life” “Social Conservatives” that are pushing for this bill…

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2010 at 1:10 PM

We’ll know immediately when someone finally invents a Time Machine. First use: go back in time and ABORT Nancy Piglosi!

Justrand on March 19, 2010 at 1:11 PM

The Catholic Church’s policy statements are as effective as the UN’s strongly worded letters. If the Catholic Church really wanted to show they were seriously anti-abortion, they would actually close Catholic hospitals if this abomination is passed, not just talk about it. Oh, and the bishops (like mine) who were absolutely giddy over an Obama victory could come out and admit they were wrong to support someone who is so openly hostile to religion.

BitterClinger on March 19, 2010 at 1:12 PM

If she is a true Catholic I’m an Astronaut.

Dire Straits on March 19, 2010 at 1:12 PM

Want to become even more infuriated….read about the constituent in CA that called his House Rep and was turned over to a federal agent for harrassment…see link..

PatriotRider on March 19, 2010 at 1:12 PM

Most Corrupt Congress evah…Having been raised Catholic, I didn’t vote for the pro abortion candidates in 2008 and one calls himself a Catholic. It’s not rocket science. It’s the sanctity of life, which the Speaker doesn’t appear to even acknowledge. We are all cattle on the Government reservation, and all she wants is legislation to manage the herd. The Progressives approach to Government “better governing through animal husbandry”

Dr Evil on March 19, 2010 at 1:12 PM

I assume more lawsuits will hit the bill on this front as well.

darwin on March 19, 2010 at 1:12 PM

Ed, Your assuming she IS Catholic because she’s says she’s Catholic.

I keep saying I’m a billionaire swimsuit model. Ain’t happening.

Laura in Maryland on March 19, 2010 at 1:12 PM

…and pray to St. Joseph…

Stalin.

Jorge Bonilla on March 19, 2010 at 1:12 PM

How dare she. Where are my Catholic Leaders?

bloggless on March 19, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Good question…

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2010 at 1:12 PM

Knucklehead on March 19, 2010 at 1:08 PM

I gave it someone in a Target parking lot the other day. The whole back window was plastered with big O’s. It’s cathartic, enjoy.

sherry on March 19, 2010 at 1:13 PM

She will face a greater judgment. I have pity for her soul.

search4truth on March 19, 2010 at 12:59 PM

She doesn’t have a soul…she sold that a looooooooong time ago.

sicoit on March 19, 2010 at 1:13 PM

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2010 at 1:10 PM

Where is Hornet Sting at?

Dire Straits on March 19, 2010 at 1:13 PM

Nancy’s children, to their children: “Hey, honey, don’t stand so close to grandma.” as they make the sign of the cross.

AubieJon on March 19, 2010 at 1:13 PM

These people are insane and should be removed from positions of power.

Itchee Dryback on March 19, 2010 at 1:13 PM

This woman is repulsive (and certifiable). She’s got to go and I hope that she’ll lose the leadership position and go down in history as heading the most corrupt and crooked congress in history.

mozalf on March 19, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Second Look at Glenn Beck’s “Social Justice” comment?

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Where is Hornet Sting at?

Dire Straits on March 19, 2010 at 1:13 PM

Yes, we need her. Last she told me, she had a family function to go to for a few days… sorry :/

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2010 at 1:14 PM

I will enjoy a beautifully sunny day tomorrow, for it is the eve of destruction.

portlandon on March 19, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Just gross.

karlant on March 19, 2010 at 1:15 PM

This woman is one ignorant, destructive piece of goat dung.

rplat on March 19, 2010 at 1:15 PM

Undecideds to call before crying in yer beer.

Brian Baird, (WA) 202.225.3536 or 360.695.6292
John Barrow (GA) 202.225.2823 or 706.722.4494
Marion Berry (AR) 202.225.4076 or 501.843.3043
Allen Boyd (FL)
Chris Carney (PA) 202.225.3731 or 570.327.1902
Lincoln Davis (TN) 202.225.6831 or 931.879.2361
Brad Ellsworth (IN) 202.225.3284 or 812.465.6484
Jim Matheson (UT) 202.225.3011 or 801.486.1236

Get to it and quit the bellyachin’ till you’ve given it ALL you’ve got.

NTWR on March 19, 2010 at 1:16 PM

I can watch this train wreck no longer. I must get back to work. (self-employed) I have called, protested, written e-mails and sent letters – thank goodness my Republican congressman is voting no. Like Scarlet O’Hara, I will say “As God is my witness, they will not pass amnesty”. If they think I and many like me have fought now, just wait. To thumb their noses at the majority of Americans like this, and to thumb their noses once more concerning amnesty, it just may be too much. Obama and the democrats are tearing this counry apart, and if they proceed after this into the amnesty fight in a time of joblessness like now, I don’t know what will happen here. (sad that some of the people we will be “fighting” will be Republicans). The point is – they really don’t care and it is a very sad day for AMERICA. But hey – I keep telling everyone that will listen – elections matter- and this is what happened.

texasaggie on March 19, 2010 at 1:16 PM

hisfrogness on March 19, 2010 at 12:57 PM

What’s even worse for the Catholic Church is that Catholics would take Nancy Pelosi’s word over the word of of US Bishops and the teachings of the Vatican.

uknowmorethanme on March 19, 2010 at 1:16 PM

mozalf on March 19, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Amen. I look forward to her humiliation in Nov. I hope her psychosis comes to a head and she’s locked up in the state laughing academy for the rest of her miserable, wasted life.

theenforser on March 19, 2010 at 1:16 PM

Appalling!

truetexan on March 19, 2010 at 1:16 PM

Any chance someone could get close to her with a bucket of water, you know, just to see what happens?

pugwriter on March 19, 2010 at 1:16 PM

I hate to be crass…

but Pelosi is a stupid @#$%&.

catmman on March 19, 2010 at 1:16 PM

Who wants to tell Nancy that St. Joseph is the patron saint of those who fight communism?

Pablo on March 19, 2010 at 1:17 PM

And let’s not forget the death panels. Another aspect that I assume good Catholics oppose. (I’m not a Catholic, so I can’t say.)

rbj on March 19, 2010 at 1:18 PM

Shameless whore

dmann on March 19, 2010 at 1:18 PM

So this is what Venezuela is like…

PatriotRider on March 19, 2010 at 1:18 PM

I’m proud to announce that my US Rep Glenn Nye (D-VA2) has firmly stated he will not be voting for the Senate Bill or Reconciliation, just as he did with the original House bill.

He also voted against Stimulus v2.0

uknowmorethanme on March 19, 2010 at 1:19 PM

PatriotRider on March 19, 2010 at 1:12 PM

Wow, that deserves its own thread!

NoLeftTurn on March 19, 2010 at 1:19 PM

Pelosi is a great example of what unchecked power does. She’s a wife, mother and grandmother and has become one of the most corrupt, unethical, and dishonest people in the country.

darwin on March 19, 2010 at 1:19 PM

Rush just said there are 40 undeclared Democrats.

Dire Straits on March 19, 2010 at 1:10 PM

Doesn’t mean they are undecided. They most likely just want to get lost in the chaos only to appear for the applause and cheering on Sunday or Monday.
Will they drop balloons and confetti?..flashpots and American flags?? Wagu steak and vintage wine??
How many times in the coming weeks will Maobama scratch his nose with his middle finger??

Itchee Dryback on March 19, 2010 at 1:19 PM

Where is Hornet Sting at?
Dire Straits on March 19, 2010 at 1:13 PM

Visiting mama.

And who does she pray to after she advocates the murder of the unborn?
I need some St. Joseph Aspirin. What a shrew.

kingsjester on March 19, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Nancy Pelosi is a disgrace to America and to the Catholic Church.

mobydutch on March 19, 2010 at 1:22 PM

He also voted against Stimulus v2.0

uknowmorethanme on March 19, 2010 at 1:19 PM

He’s mine too. I’m not really proud, I’m just wary. If he was voting out of principle he wouldn’t be a democrat to begin with. Pelosi has him on the endangered district list because our area is fairly conservative … so he gets a pass with no votes.

darwin on March 19, 2010 at 1:22 PM

PatriotRider on March 19, 2010 at 1:12 PM
Saw that,he had a great comeback though,being a lawyer:)

ohiobabe on March 19, 2010 at 1:22 PM

St. Joseph is the patron saint of expectant mothers, too. He smuggled the baby Jesus away before the Slaughter of the Innocents. Nancy Pelosi is so going to hell.

chunderroad on March 19, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Disgusting, evil, vile woman.

Torch on March 19, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Sorry, Nazi Pelosi. He was aborted under Caesar’s unlimited abortion plan.

drjohn on March 19, 2010 at 1:23 PM

Rush just said there are 40 undeclared Democrats.
Right,it ain’t over!

ohiobabe on March 19, 2010 at 1:23 PM

Itchee Dryback on March 19, 2010 at 1:19 PM

You make a good point. But I find it strange that Clyburn is asking Donks to commit by 2:00 pm today. (See Headlines section at top of home page)

Dire Straits on March 19, 2010 at 1:23 PM

Dr. Obama and Dr. Pelosi to Americas seniors…read and weep…

PatriotRider on March 19, 2010 at 1:23 PM

Second Look at Glenn Beck’s “Social Justice” comment?

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2010 at 1:14 PM

That’s not The Roman Catholic Church’s position, although I was reading something the current Pope released online, and it sure read like an endorsement of Socialist Lite to Me…thank goodness we have separation of church and state.

It is Some of the Jesuits a (sect) of the Catholic Church who push Liberation Theology, that are pushing Social Justice. Think Jeremiah Wright and Father Pflager.

Dr Evil on March 19, 2010 at 1:24 PM

ohiobabe on March 19, 2010 at 1:23 PM

Haven’t we learned? Never rely on democrats.

lorien1973 on March 19, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Where is the seperation of church and state liberal outrage you socialist bastads?

I’m not Catholic but I seem to remember when the Catholic church threatened excommunication for politicians like Nancy.

farright on March 19, 2010 at 1:25 PM

PatriotRider on March 19, 2010 at 1:23 PM

The sad thing is, Medicare is a problem. It’s the biggest part of our unpaid liabilities. But what they are doing isn’t the answer.

lorien1973 on March 19, 2010 at 1:25 PM

chunderroad on March 19, 2010 at 1:22 PM

I think there must be a special place in Hell allocated for Lawyers like Nancy.

Dr Evil on March 19, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Hey Saint Joe:

Let us abort more children on the taxpayer nickel.

Amen!

IntheNet on March 19, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Dr Evil on March 19, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Yeah, and if I were at a Catholic church that was pushing for social justice lite or not and the priest was all about Obama (Jesuit or not), I’d be out of there.

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Walter Russell Mead has recently called the Uppity, Do-Gooder “Goo-Goos” of the Dem coalition, “Neo-Puritians”. It fits and interesting thought experiment if you think about it

jp on March 19, 2010 at 1:26 PM

(1) Interesting.

When a Democrat campaigns in a church in Detroit… no mention.

When a Democrat prays, or even suggests to pray, as a government official… not a peep.

Where is the ACLU?

(2) Every day she breaths the air – she insults all honest hard-working Americans of Italian descent.

She even makes la Cosa Nostra look good… At least they have some sort of “code”, as perverted as it may be…

Hey Speaker Pelosi… from me to you… Sei una testa di cazzo! Vaffanculo!

Danny on March 19, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Appparently, Pelosi has her feast days technically wrong. Today is the feast day of St. Joseph, but the feast day for Joseph as St. Joseph the Worker (the same man, two different distinctions) is on May 1st.

Mind your P’s and Q’s, Ed…

2 Thessalonians 3 is a good counter for this day:

In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we urge you, brothers, to keep away from any of the brothers who lives an undisciplined life, not in accordance with the tradition you received from us.
You know how you should take us as your model: we were not undisciplined when we were with you,
nor did we ever accept food from anyone without paying for it; no, we worked with unsparing energy, night and day, so as not to be a burden on any of you.
This was not because we had no right to be, but in order to make ourselves a model for you to imitate.
We urged you when we were with you not to let anyone eat who refused to work.
Now we hear that there are some of you who are living lives without any discipline, doing no work themselves but interfering with other people’s.
In the Lord Jesus Christ, we urge and call on people of this kind to go on quietly working and earning the food that they eat.

Amen.

unclesmrgol on March 19, 2010 at 1:27 PM

Nancy Pelosi is so going to hell.

chunderroad on March 19, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Only God gets to decide that. Please pray for her instead of judging that she seeks forgiveness.

OmahaConservative on March 19, 2010 at 1:27 PM