Krauthammer: I think it’s going to pass

posted at 9:07 pm on March 18, 2010 by Allahpundit

Skip ahead to 3:05. It’s one thing to know the end is near, it’s another to hear the ‘Hammer, of all people, acknowledge it. What’s next? Dick and Liz Cheney urging conservatives to reconcile themselves to an Iranian bomb?

Michael Barone’s run the numbers and insists that we’re not licked yet, but he sounds at times like he’s trying to convince himself. Nomentum’s turned to momentum and there are no likely eleventh-hour surprises in the chute. The CBO score is out; the media’s got the pompoms ready to wave for “history”; Obama’s canceled his trip so that he can make the “please save my presidency” bambi eyes at Democratic fencesitters in the Oval Office. Granted, the latest polls are as dismal as ever — 38/48 in Pew and 35/55 in Fox News — but our exalted leaders long ago dismissed the concerns of the ignorant teabaggin’ public, so that’s no roadblock. There’ll be a few more no-to-yes flips tomorrow, we’ll start hearing rumbles that they’re now just two or three votes away, and then … the fateful vote.

I’ll give you one small glimmer of hope. From the Star-Tribune:

Just as President Obama thought single-payer holdout Dennis Kucinich had bought in to the Democrats’ health care package, Minnesota’s own Jim Oberstar is now back in doubt.

Oberstar, after reportedly having words with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, appears to have backed off the assurance he gave last weekend, when he said he was “prepared” to vote for health care

He’s still a likely yes. Heart-ache.

Comments

And how do you propose to do that?

Mary in LA on March 18, 2010 at 10:32 PM

LMAO! This troll doesn’t even know what going Galt means.

NoLeftTurn on March 18, 2010 at 10:40 PM

I am starting to believe that one or more of our trolls, sad as they may be, have ulterior motives involving a certain fishy website we’ve all heard about, or something else equally vile.

This is not the first time some of them have encouraged members of our community to cross certain lines. My question is: Why? To what end? What is their possible benefit, personally?

Of course, it could just be overarching childlike peevishness. Who’s to say?

hillbillyjim on March 18, 2010 at 10:41 PM

I’ve always been puzzled by the worship of Krauthammer. He is a progressive, with his last column stating his unequivocal support entitlement programs.

Where is the consistency in the conservative movement?

True_King on March 18, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Actually TK is pretty close. Did any of you know that Charles K served in the CARTER administration????? He directed planning in psychiatric research in Carter’s administration. In 1980 he was Mondale’s speech writer. He was also one of the “conservative” DC elite pundits that went to Obama’s private dinner way back when.

I read his bio at wiki. Once I found this out, I no longer take what he says for granted. I think Charles K has the beltway virus himself.

karenhasfreedom on March 18, 2010 at 10:41 PM

Of course, it could just be overarching childlike peevishness. Who’s to say?

hillbillyjim on March 18, 2010 at 10:41 PM

Are you suggesting this may be the work of somehow whose name rhymes with Gilbore Drought?

Good Solid B-Plus on March 18, 2010 at 10:43 PM

chumpThreads on March 18, 2010 at 10:30 PM

You need to get over yourself–and stop whining and blow your nose–jeez…

lovingmyUSA on March 18, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Where is the consistency in the conservative movement?

True_King on March 18, 2010 at 9:58 PM

He is not a progressive, but then again you don’t like Rush either do you? I think your problem with CK has more to do with the fact that he is a Jew, some Paulbots are funny that way.

Terrye on March 18, 2010 at 10:09 PM

He seems to side with the “progressives”, and Charles Johnson and be pro-Islam (or a dhimmi), when he attacks Geert Wilders.

When Glenn Beck, Charles Krauthammer and Bill Kristol each from their respective Fox News perches branded Dutch political phenom Geert Wilders as beyond the political pale, it was shocking and outrageously so, and for several reasons.

One. I’ve grown used to Fox News and all other media ignoring not just the Wilders story but also the cultural story of the century, altogether – namely, the Islamization of Europe, something Wilders, a great admirer of Ronald Reagan and a committed supporter Israel, is dedicated to halt and reverse.

… …

MB4 on March 18, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on March 18, 2010 at 10:43 PM

I wouldn’t be surprised, but I was thinking along the lines of Defrock Yo Mama. Or Derrick Boulder.

hillbillyjim on March 18, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Are we really down to just crr, Decider, Rino, chumpy and the Paulbots?

Wow, that’s a sad batch of trolls.

I don’t count Ann because concern trolls are a different breed.

Good Solid B-Plus on March 18, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Is The Race Card gone?

Monica on March 18, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Please do not make this as an empty threat. These are serious times. It’s time to go Galt.

Proud Rino on March 18, 2010 at 10:31 PM

It’s not an empty threat at all.

There is going to be a lot of extremely unhappy Democrats, RINOs, and other assorted freeloaders/freeloading enablers in not-too-distant future. Bankruptcy is a b!tch, especially for those who don’t know to take care of themselves in the aftermath!!!

Bizarro No. 1 on March 18, 2010 at 10:48 PM

“FIGHT with me”……

We (even our small kids) tried fighting with you Senator McCain, we stood on the street corners and held signs, we called, we told neighbors, we posted on blogs, we sent emails, we talked to Family and friends, we tried to convince everyone we could….but turns out…..YOU DIDN’T REALLY MEAN YOU WERE GOING TO FIGHT for US!!!!!

We knew (we had doubts before) but we knew (you must have gotten the call from Soros or his other Progressive buds) on 10/10/08 that you had given up the fight publicly.

On that day, and with that statement you gave the go-ahead for Moderates and Independents to vote for Obama.

You were a great War hero, but you stunk it up as a GOP Nominee.

And now here we are……YOUR PROGRESSIVE HERO Teddy Roosevelt would be proud……I bet you secretly are proud to Senator McCain.

But until the last vote is counted…..we WILL FIGHT YOU….and your Progressive Marxist friends in D.C. that are selling us into slavery to our new Medical Masters in D.C.

PappyD61 on March 18, 2010 at 9:37 PM

Not to be too morbid, but every time I see Pelosi grinning crazily and saying how wonderful this health care monstrosity is, I can’t help but think “Lady, you’re old. You’ll be lucky to make it another 10 to 15 years. If you WEREN’T able to keep your fancy-schmancy health care insurance THAT WE PAY FOR you’d be dead before you’d really be affected by this horrible bill you’re forcing on us.”

I guess you could say the same for McCain.

citrus on March 18, 2010 at 10:48 PM

Beats me, I like it here in America, I don’t want to leave. Let the free market decide the best way, maybe?

Proud Rino on March 18, 2010 at 10:33 PM

What free market?

Monica on March 18, 2010 at 10:49 PM

Is The Race Card gone?

Monica on March 18, 2010 at 10:47 PM

He’s around, but he’s a rather pathetic one trick pony.

Squishypeds is around as well, but after the burn he got the other day he may be in traction for a week or so.

Good Solid B-Plus on March 18, 2010 at 10:49 PM

What free market?

Monica on March 18, 2010 at 10:49 PM

The insincere agitator meant uncle sugar.

daesleeper on March 18, 2010 at 10:50 PM

*Sigh, they just don’t make trolls like they used too…

lovingmyUSA on March 18, 2010 at 10:51 PM

there are no likely eleventh-hour surprises in the chute

Senate, Byrd rule with 41 votes; turning it back to the house minus some retractions that don’t fit.

Then you need to get 216 again, and find some other way to get the people on board who wanted those changes and can’t have them to re-pass a “demon pass, slaughter rule” Amendment… part 2. Even closer to the election.

It’s not done yet, and we know what comes next. Anything dies in the Byrd rule fight, and the House gets back the Senate version of the House amendment to the Senate version of the original house bill… these are the problems you get when you try to skip the committee to iron out the two bills.

gekkobear on March 18, 2010 at 10:51 PM

Is The Race Card gone?

Monica on March 18, 2010 at 10:47 PM

The Race Card, in my opinion, is not a troll. He’s just got a bit of a chip on his shoulder, and doesn’t care who knows it.

hillbillyjim on March 18, 2010 at 10:51 PM

*Sigh, they just don’t make trolls like they used too…

lovingmyUSA on March 18, 2010 at 10:51 PM

But you’re one heck of a troll hunter ;-)

MeatHeadinCA on March 18, 2010 at 10:52 PM

hillbillyjim on March 18, 2010 at 10:51 PM

A chip? That’s like calling the Titanic a dinghy.

Good Solid B-Plus on March 18, 2010 at 10:52 PM

hillbillyjim on March 18, 2010 at 10:51 PM

He may not have the lefty troll lines down, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t come here to troll. Tell me you see no similarities

MeatHeadinCA on March 18, 2010 at 10:54 PM

I think Charles K has the beltway virus himself.

karenhasfreedom on March 18, 2010 at 10:41 PM

I think CK shares his abode with Michael Savage and Michael Medved. I’ve never trusted any of them.

Bizarro No. 1 on March 18, 2010 at 10:54 PM

A chip? That’s like calling the Titanic a dinghy.

Good Solid B-Plus on March 18, 2010 at 10:52 PM

That may be, but TRC has made valuable contributions over the years, and I’ve no doubt he is a strong ally against this assault on America facing us now.

hillbillyjim on March 18, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Yes, some of the dems do not know what they have unleashed. Others do, and want it to be even worse than imagined.
Leftist thinking:

Step 1 : Create crisis
Step 2 : Grab more power and money in phony attempt to fix.
Step 3 : Watch America collapse
Step 4 : Cheer that the “primary source of evil” in the world has been slain.

Hard Right on March 18, 2010 at 11:19 PM

joe_doufu on March 18, 2010 at 11:19 PM

LMAO! This troll doesn’t even know what going Galt means.

NoLeftTurn on March 18, 2010 at 10:40 PM

I figured as much — that’s why I asked. I’m still laughing at the notion of “letting the free market decide” “how to go Galt.” Proud Hypo can sound out the words, but she has no idea what they mean. :-D

Mary in LA on March 18, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Anybody up for a Whiskey Rebellion?

Skywise on March 18, 2010 at 11:30 PM

hillbillyjim on March 18, 2010 at 10:41 PM

You mean, one that’s small, somewhere between yellow and blue on the spectrum, and meant to be kicked around?

Mary in LA on March 18, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Anybody up for a Whiskey Rebellion?

Skywise on March 18, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Me! Me! I find whiskey very revolting. ;-)

(neat whiskey, that is — whiskey in other things is fine by me.)

Mary in LA on March 18, 2010 at 11:32 PM

Leftist thinking:

Step 1 : Create crisis
Step 2 : Grab more power and money in phony attempt to fix.
Step 3 : Watch America collapse
Step 4 : Cheer that the “primary source of evil” in the world has been slain.

Hard Right on March 18, 2010 at 11:19 PM

The Left can’t win in the end. Of course, that doesn’t preclude them from trying. They’re stupid like that! :)

Bizarro No. 1 on March 18, 2010 at 11:35 PM

Bishop on March 18, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Wish I had been around. Well, maybe not. Never envisioned myself being interested in politics, much less ever commenting on an internet thread. But this last election woke me up and I found HA.

truetexan on March 18, 2010 at 11:36 PM

Mary in LA on March 18, 2010 at 11:30 PM

No, I’m talking about the White House one a while back, that encouraged people to report “fishy” things they found on the web.

I wouldn’t put it past this bunch in power to try to build a narrative that certain “right wing” sites, papers, networks…are dangerous, need to be restrained, etc.

Remember Napolitano’s bullshit DHS report that they had to walk back? There was a reason for that, even though it didn’t work out as planned for them. Yet.

hillbillyjim on March 18, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Yeah it is. Partially anyway. McCain could have won the election if had fought for it. And Bush opened the door for Obama by spending like a drunk sailor himself.

Tasha on March 18, 2010 at 9:58 PM

ReallY? I could just as easily say that if some folks on the right had not sit out the last two elections in a huff Obama would not have won. I think McCain did fight for it myself, but the American people voted for Obama..and not so long ago Glenn Beck was telling us we were better off with him than McCain anyway. So even now, there are libertarians out there who just can not admit that maybe there is a difference between the parties.

As for Bush, when the Republicans lost control of the Congress in 2006, he had been president for 6 years. The budget deficit was $168 billion dollars, for the that year. Last month, the Obama administration posted a deficit of more than $220 billion for February alone. When Bush did veto bills, people like Nancy Pelosi in Congress worked to over ride them..and called him stingy in the process.

No, Bush might not be perfect, but he was downright frugal compared to these people..and one of the reasons we are where we are today is that a lot of people just handed the government to the Democrats on a silver platter, because they were feeling pissed off. Fine, look where that got them.

Terrye on March 18, 2010 at 10:07 PM

And why did they stay at home Terrye? They wanted a Republican Prez, not a Dem lite. You say McCain fought in the election? What election were you looking at? I must have missed that.

Tasha on March 18, 2010 at 11:42 PM

I can understand Dr. Krauthammer position: the fewer the votes needed, the easier it is to bribe the hold-outs with our money. All Obama has to say is that “look, all I need is 6 votes, so the first 6 people who switch from “No” to “Yes” get a billion dollars each for their districts and a federal job next December when they lose their seat. The seventh guy gets nothing. So who is first?”

Fred 2 on March 19, 2010 at 12:14 AM

Oh they will, because the foreign policy of at least the last 10 years has made it the only feasible conclusion.

ernesto on March 19, 2010 at 12:15 AM

None of them are as good as getalife

RIP getalife

MeatHeadinCA on March 18, 2010 at 10:22 PM

I wave my bare bum in the air. To Getalife!

fullogas on March 19, 2010 at 12:23 AM

I see. So it’s OK for Hollywood elitists to tell you what to think when they’re on your side, but it’s not OK when they’re not. Very consistent. With principles like that, who needs principles?

Proud Rino on March 18, 2010 at 9:29 PM

If they’re marching in the protest with me, they can tell me all they want to say. But when they’re sitting in their heavily guarded, hothouse Hollywood home, they need to STFU. And you do too, troll.

atheling on March 19, 2010 at 12:37 AM

That’s the smart play, anyway.

Proud Rino on March 18, 2010 at 9:59 PM

No it’s not. And you ain’t smart. Your analysis is way off.

atheling on March 19, 2010 at 12:42 AM

Tasha on March 18, 2010 at 9:58 PM

I think Bush is too unfairly blamed for the spending. It was a Democrat Congress who opened that door, President Bush was a lame duck president, and we sat on our asses.

What does a lame duck president do? If the American people do not make their wishes known, he does what Congress tells him to do, especially if he is being pummelled by the media.

Fact is, we are more to blame for our complacency (except when we killed amnesty) than President Bush is to blame for complying with Congress’s spending spree because we didn’t stop this juggernaut when it launched.

The Tea Party should have started in 2006. Anyway, if this bill passes, we go to Plan B, which is to work our tails off to ensure a GOP 2/3 veto-proof majority in both Houses in November. We will drive a stake through Obamacare in 2011. And the tyrant will either resign from scandal (how Nixonian) before, or lose in a humiliating defeat in 2012.

atheling on March 19, 2010 at 12:52 AM

As hillbillyjim said, TRC is not a troll. He is a black conservative, who’s experienced all kinds of circles, good and bad, who calls things as he finds them, with no worries about who’s in his aim.

He’s a very clever cookie, unafraid and occasionally even retreats, if evidence to the contrary is made available.

Schadenfreude on March 19, 2010 at 12:54 AM

ernesto on March 19, 2010 at 12:15 AM

What the hell? You think Iran would have the bomb if Bush was president? Sometimes I think you talk out your ass because you’re a lazy thinker.

atheling on March 19, 2010 at 1:02 AM

ernesto on March 19, 2010 at 12:15 AM

Yeah, if only we had another Jimmy Carter, we’d really have that Iranian thing in hand.

God, what a maroon.

hillbillyjim on March 19, 2010 at 1:21 AM

There’s a coupla “clever cookies” around these parts, no?

hillbillyjim on March 19, 2010 at 1:23 AM

There’s a coupla “clever cookies” around these parts, no?

hillbillyjim on March 19, 2010 at 1:23 AM

Lol. Dumb as a box of rocks, eh?

atheling on March 19, 2010 at 2:16 AM

hillbillyjim on March 18, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Take heart, Jim. With Obummer at 46% GALLUP approval rating, he no longer has the political capital to control the narrative. The opposition against him is strong. The support is embarrassed, wavering, and weak.

Thus his crawl to Fox News, where he received the spanking of his life. If OFA and other sites were even remotely effective, he never would have crawled to Fox.

Grace_is_sufficient on March 19, 2010 at 3:30 AM

Grace_is_sufficient on March 19, 2010 at 3:30 AM

They’ve put it on the back burner, but they still want to muzzle talk radio, whether by fairness doctrine or regulatory measures. I’ve no doubt that they would love to find a way to put restrictions on websites, news organizations, etc., that are not in lockstep with their ideals.

They are flooding the zone; with all of the attention on “health care reform”, a lot of maneuvering has gone unreported.

If they succeed with the jam-down, look for stepped-up efforts on other fronts.

Even if they fail, we must be vigilant for more treachery; the last year+ is a perfect illustration of the lengths to which they will go.

I am generally speaking, not a pessimistic person, but this bunch has shown that they cannot be trusted for even a minute.

hillbillyjim on March 19, 2010 at 5:00 AM

This is the first volley in the war to change America into a Democrat Socialist nation. There is a reason this Administration is reaching out to our enemies and alienating our allies.

kingsjester on March 19, 2010 at 6:52 AM

As an English major, I’m starting to get pissed off about your hyphenated “heart-aches” Allah. It’s “heartache.”

disa on March 19, 2010 at 6:58 AM

I’ve not been this angry and resentful of a group of politicians in my life.

spmat on March 19, 2010 at 8:04 AM

Why would anyone think it won’t pass, they will find/make a way for it to pass. They’ve already shredded the Constitution for this what makes anyone think they ae above cheating on the vote?

There will not be a vote until they have the votes and they will keep the vote open as long as it takes to lie, cheat, cajole or threaten the last ‘yea’ vote they need.

The Democrats long ago abandoned their ethics and whatever honor they had left. They are now nothing but thugs.

johnsteele on March 19, 2010 at 8:05 AM

Krazy Kucinich is being decimated by the F&F crew. They played his promise from 2 weeks ago that he would not vote for the bill without the public option included. He is spinning like Krazy, but it’s abundantly clear he is a whore.

He admitted that the president promised to work on furthering this destruction of our freedoms in future legislation. That legislation would include language that “encourages” healthy eating, exercise, and the like. If these uninsured people wanted to be healthy, they would be doing it already. It is so typical of the progressive scum to think the government can make people be healthy.

csdeven on March 19, 2010 at 8:24 AM

One day closer to the next great depression and the day the people march on the capitol and put these theives in chains and toss them in prison where they belong.

TrickyDick on March 19, 2010 at 8:31 AM

ObamaCare..more pork than a herd of swine all headed for slaughter.

philly_PA on March 19, 2010 at 8:43 AM

Krauthammer voted for Obama: Never forget that.

He also hates Sarah Palin and I think blames his vote for Maobama on her.

The man’s judgement is highly suspect.

Jenfidel on March 19, 2010 at 8:44 AM

Krauthammer voted for Obama: Never forget that.

He also hates Sarah Palin and I think blames his vote for Maobama on her.

The man’s judgement is highly suspect.

Jenfidel on March 19, 2010 at 8:44 AM

Proud Rino on March 19, 2010 at 8:48 AM

Republicans assail IRS provision in health care bill

“Boustany said the bill would allow the IRS to confiscate refunds if there are penalties for not buying health care.”

Let the good times roll!

BallisticBob on March 19, 2010 at 8:48 AM

Section 2214. Income-Based Repayment. The section amends the Income-Based Repayment program to cap student loan payments for new borrowers after July 1, 2014 to 10% of adjusted income, from 15% percent, and to forgive remaining balances after 20 years of repayment, from 25 years.

WTF? So if you just wait to pay your loan it’ll be “forgiven” after twenty years.

darwin on March 19, 2010 at 8:49 AM

Proud Rino on March 19, 2010 at 8:48 AM

Pwoud Wino gets one wight, thuper!

Doorgunner on March 19, 2010 at 8:52 AM

Krauthammer voted for Obama: Never forget that.

Jenfidel on March 19, 2010 at 8:44 AM

You’re kidding. He voted for Obama?

darwin on March 19, 2010 at 8:54 AM

darwin on March 19, 2010 at 8:54 AM

No, he didn’t.

Doorgunner on March 19, 2010 at 8:55 AM

Stupak said on GMA this AM that his “Stupak Group” has is holding FIRM and will not budge til they have something tangible (not verbal promises) that the Senate will change the wording.

Stephie was doing Obama’s bidding by badgering him to give in or verbally say what it is he actually wants but Stupak didn’t give in.

Stupak also said that even IF they get what they want, it still DOES NOT promise their ‘Yes” vote but makes it more likely.

One problem, if they get the Senate/House to make these changes, then the Senate HAS to vote on this and then the House HAS to vote on this bill again.

GMA also said that the Pelosi “magic number” may really be 217, not 216 b/c NO ONE wants to be the deciding vote…hmmm

This is going to be the looooongest 3 days.

LordMaximus on March 19, 2010 at 9:04 AM

Allahpundit, it’s not over until it’s over. If they had the votes, they’d vote. They don’t have the votes. – joe_doufu on March 18, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Precisely! However, if it does pass Republicans will win back the House and Senate on the sole issue of this monstrosity of a @#$% @#$% bill.

SC.Charlie on March 19, 2010 at 9:24 AM

The progressive speaks. You all need to get over this fox in the hen-house.

True_King on March 19, 2010 at 9:26 AM

No kidding. That article is kinda disturbing, and revealing.

darwin on March 19, 2010 at 9:30 AM

If this bill passes there will be lot of doctors running to the door to get early retirement. And, fewer young people will want to be doctors. How do you spell SHORTAGE!

Democrats are the dumbest creatures that walk of two legs!

SC.Charlie on March 19, 2010 at 9:30 AM

OK, P.R.
I could have sworn he was one of those “conservatives” who voted for NObama.
My bad.

Jenfidel on March 19, 2010 at 9:35 AM

BTW, isn’t it interesting that Krauthammer’s vote was so in doubt, he felt compelled to tell everyone that he was, indeed, voting for McCain?

Jenfidel on March 19, 2010 at 9:37 AM

I don’t understand the criticism of Krauthammer. All he’s doing is reporting the obvious.

The latest figure I saw is that she’s within 2 votes.

AnninCA on March 19, 2010 at 9:44 AM

The progressive speaks. You all need to get over this fox in the hen-house. – True_King on March 19, 2010 at 9:26 AM

Are you loony? Do you really think that the government take over of the one sixth of the economy is a good thing? Heck, I think that the next take-over should be of the legal and entertainment industries. I want free legal care and entertainers make too much money making horrible movies and tv shows.

SC.Charlie on March 19, 2010 at 9:45 AM

Jenfidel on March 19, 2010 at 9:37 AM

His vote was in doubt because he has consistently railed on McCain as a RINO POS.

Stop digging. Put down the shovel. Step out of the hole. Back away.

Doorgunner on March 19, 2010 at 9:45 AM

Stop digging. Put down the shovel. Step out of the hole. Back away.

Doorgunner on March 19, 2010 at 9:45 AM

I’m not digging.
CK isn’t a strong Conservative and never has been.
Look at his record/columns.
The man is a squish and a RINO.
And if he were really a Conservative, he wouldn’t have had to tell his readers that we was voting for McCain and not Obama.

Jenfidel on March 19, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Stop digging. Put down the shovel. Step out of the hole. Back away. Doorgunner on March 19, 2010 at 9:45 AM

I had to hold my nose and vote for McCain. He is weak on immigration and taxation issues. But, I surely was not going to vote for Obama.

No country but ours has such a lax enforcement of their immigration laws. If Mexicans could not immigrate to the United States, there would have been a revolution in Mexico decades ago.

SC.Charlie on March 19, 2010 at 9:54 AM

214-217 is the latest whip count.

AnninCA on March 19, 2010 at 10:03 AM

The gubRmint is asking for more rope and you guys are upset. My gawd these guys are digging their own grave and ya cry n about it.

I say more popcorn please.

roflmao

donabernathy on March 18, 2010 at 9:20 PM

neuquenguy on March 19, 2010 at 10:06 AM

This POS will probably pass. What’s with the idiots around here out to shoot the messenger? You’d think that AP wrote the column.

Between the pressure, bribes and extortion, they’ll likely get the votes. To acknowledge that reality doesn’t make one any less a conservative.

Hollowpoint on March 19, 2010 at 10:50 AM

“On the road to Demon Pass, our leader encounters a Baier.”

Not a huge fan of Peggy Noonan, but this headline was brilliant!

MechEng5by5 on March 19, 2010 at 10:54 AM

If MILLIONS of real American heros would say to the IRS: “WE WILL NOT PAY, WE WILL NOT BUY THE MANDATED INSURANCE, WE WILL GO TO JAIL AND IN COURT WE WILL CHOOSE A JURY TRIAL, WE WILL TIE UP EVERY COURT IN AMERICA, WE WILL REFUSE TO PAY ANY TAXES THAT GO TO ABORTIONS, TO MANDATES”!

What could they do… NOTHING!

We could bring Obama to his knees, we could bring Congress to it’s knees and force the changes BLOODLESSLY…

TAX REVOLT AND REFUSAL TO PAY FINES is our only hope at this point… This will NOT be overturned by the Radicals on Federal Courts stacked with Liberal Activist Judges!

Mark Garnett on March 19, 2010 at 10:59 AM

I rather have Obamacare fail and lose the election than winning the election in 2010 but be stuck with Obamacare. This is going to transform our country beyond recognition, and it will never be reversed no matter what majorities the Republicans get. The dems are not committing suicide, they know that once they socialize health care they have won the war, even if they loose the 2010 battle. – neuquenguy on March 19, 2010 at 10:06 AM

I think the outrage will overwhelming if this bill is passed. I read another blog that something like 30 physicians are going to run as Republicans for House or Senate seats. The Tea Party Movement is going to have huge march on Washington the Sunday. If I lived in the area, I would be there.

SC.Charlie on March 19, 2010 at 11:00 AM

CK was just reporting what he thought is going to happen as was Steve hayes who agreed with him. CK does not want this bill and he went into detail as to why this is an obamantion of a bill.
Is analysis is good for the mot part but he has been wrong before.
I think it is 60/40 they pass the bill, rest assured if it was already a done deal they would be saying just that right now.

kangjie on March 19, 2010 at 11:03 AM

One way, and maybe the ONLY way to stop this from gaining traction AFTER it is passed, to make it unenforcable is for an all out TAX REVOLT… – Mark Garnett on March 19, 2010 at 10:59 AM

Democrats are going to hire at least 16,000 new IRS agents to enforce parts of this damn bill.

SC.Charlie on March 19, 2010 at 11:03 AM

SC.Charlie on March 19, 2010 at 11:03 AM

BRING IT ON !!!!!!!

I WILL NOT PAY, I WILL NOT BUY INSURANCE !!!!

COME TAKE ME TO JAIL… I FRICKING DARE YOU !!!

Mark Garnett on March 19, 2010 at 11:08 AM

Don’t forget that the IRS has recently acquisitioned shotguns!

daesleeper on March 19, 2010 at 11:19 AM

So does it end then? Do we throw in the towel and accept our indentured servitude? Come on people, this is just the beginning of the fight to roll back the nanny state. I suggest everyone get behind state efforts to defeat Obamacare on Constitutional grounds…

DerKrieger on March 18, 2010 at 9:22 PM

+1×10**6

..Well said, D.K.! I can see the Eeyores on the common at lexington. “Oh no, here come the Rec Coats! There’s so many of them! We haven’t got a chance; might as well go back to our houses and farms and pay the taxes that King George levies on all of us. It’s much easier and safer than going through all of the sh*t we’ll have to for the next four or five years.”

VoyskaPVO on March 19, 2010 at 11:29 AM

Duh.

It’s about revenue. They need it, and they need it now or Ponzi Govt comes crashing down. It’s really more of a tax hike and bailout than it is an entitlement.

Too bad the useful idiots who are agitating for Barry’s Big Medical System are too busy patting themselves on the back for their “compassion” to be aware of this fact. They think it’s about “helping people.” What a laugh! It’s about Washington covering Washington’s epic failures, and kicking the entitlements implosion can down the road.

Take heart! This too shall pass, because it’s unsustainable.

ObamaCare: Taxes now, “benefits” NEVER.

Believe me when I say, this is not the beginning of our glorious collectivist system, but the beginning of the end!

Rae on March 19, 2010 at 11:35 AM

“Where is the consistency in the conservative movement?”

Steve Malzberg. Rush Limbaugh. Mark Levin. All consistent. All conservative. All New York radio guys (Rush formerly). These guys are the balls of the conservative movement. The tea partiers know it.

I’d would have liked to add Sarah Palin, but . . .

Yephora on March 19, 2010 at 11:54 AM

I just emailed the White House and asked him not to pass the bill. I am sure that my email did no good, whatsoever.

SC.Charlie on March 19, 2010 at 12:00 PM

They have the votes, people. 215 officially. Someone will announce once the sun sets.

AnninCA on March 19, 2010 at 12:03 PM

Democrats understand that they are vulnerable, no matter. That’s the key.

Partisanship.

The next move for the GOP is to win real elections. Obama really was honest when he said, “Take it to the polls.”

That’s the key.

I think this is the final piece of the puzzle. I always saw Obama as completely willing to divide.

He’s issued a real challenge to people. Vote.

His remarks, “I won,” were not flippant at all.

That is how he will govern.

You either rip the power away or else.

AnninCA on March 19, 2010 at 12:08 PM

Thirty-seven states right now are going to take the federal government to federal court to determine whether or not the federal government has the power to require an individual to buy health insurance. The only question I have is, why haven’t the other 13 states determined to do the same thing?

SC.Charlie on March 19, 2010 at 12:31 PM

sad but true my friends.

its over….obamacare will pass on sunday via slaughter solution and obama will sign the senate bill into law.

c’est la vie, so much for the american system of government.

It’s OVER: Obamacare to Pass on Sunday as Dems Lie About Deficit Savings

Anti-Harkonnen Freedom Fighter on March 19, 2010 at 12:31 PM

I hope everyone realizes that even if this bill passes its not over. First, the courts will be involved for the next 4 years at a minimum and second, the Democrats will answer any and every criticism with “Of course, it’s not perfect. The evil Republicans made us pass only half a bill. We need Obamacare 2.0 and 3.0 and 4.0 and 5.0 to really, really fix this situation. I thought that was obvious.”

Fred 2 on March 19, 2010 at 2:14 PM

If they shove through this crap~sandwich by chicanery, the Dems need to be booted out next November, and this assault on our inherent Liberty needs to be repealed by next Christmas.

No quarter for arrogant government weasels.

profitsbeard on March 19, 2010 at 3:02 PM

neuquenguy on March 19, 2010 at 10:06 AM

You don’t realize what the blowback will be if this passes. Patriotic Americans who understand the superiority of capitalism aren’t going to be rolling over letting it stand for long.

Bizarro No. 1 on March 19, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Bizarro No. 1 on March 19, 2010 at 3:33 PM

It’s a long time til November, never underestimate the Republican party’s ability to shoot itself in the foot.

jpmn on March 19, 2010 at 4:42 PM

22% of Users Support this Bill

According to the right hand column statistics, 2208 in favor 7746 opposed as of now.

I believe in helping the poor who are ill. But I also believe in representative government. And that is a pretty wide gap in light of the Democrats control of congress. I don’t know how those numbers were obtained but that’s a wide gap considering this bill is going to be passed on a Sunday. That’s just not right.

tartan on March 19, 2010 at 10:38 PM