Videos: Bachmann accuses Pelosi of manipulating the Massa Disasta at the Kill the Bill Rally

posted at 9:30 am on March 15, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

It took me most of the day yesterday, but I managed to finally get my video loaded of Michele Bachmann’s speech from the Kill the Bill Rally on Saturday afternoon in St. Paul. Rep. Bachmann spares no one in this 22-minute excerpt from her keynote address at the end of the rally. She accuses Nancy Pelosi and Democratic leadership in the House of covering up Eric Massa’s transgressions for months while they attempted to wheedle him into a yes vote on ObamaCare, then suddenly publicizing the allegations to get him to resign to eliminate his no vote instead. Bachmann quotes Article I, Section 7 in declaring the Slaughter Strategy unconstitutional and stating that Americans have no requirement to comply with laws passed under that mechanism. That’s just the spice in a lengthy and worthwhile stemwinder against the Democratic effort to impose a government takeover on an electorate that clearly doesn’t want one:

The weird Eric Massa eruption has had some unexplained mysteries. Apparently, Democratic leadership knew about this well before it went to the Ethics Committee, but chose not to say anything about it. When it finally made its way to the Ethics panel, though, Steny Hoyer made a point of exposing it to the media — which as Massa pointed out, was not at all the usual process. Pelosi and Hoyer seems to have wanted Massa around for a while, only to decide suddenly that they didn’t. Maybe there’s a more innocent explanation than Bachmann’s suggestion that fits all the facts of the case, but I’d like to see it if it exists.

Note: “Massa Disasta” coined by CentristNet.

Comments

Typical evil from the Democrats.

ebrown2 on March 15, 2010 at 9:32 AM

Pardon Bernie Madoff.. He was far more compassionate than the democrats run by the unions and ACORN. Wake up America!

bluegrass on March 15, 2010 at 9:34 AM

And to think the MSM laughed at Joe the Plumbers analyze of Obama.

bluegrass on March 15, 2010 at 9:37 AM

Headline = Dangling modifier

pain train on March 15, 2010 at 9:38 AM

Love this woman

True_King on March 15, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Nice post ed.

For all those who do not know, please see my post linked below which coined the phrase the “Massa Disasta”

Massa Disasta: Obama and Pelosi Force Massa’s Resignation Over Obamacare; UPDATE: Says Hoyer is Liar; UPDATE#2: Massa on Beck Tomorrow For Full Hour

This entry was posted on Monday, March 8th, 2010 at 10:04 am

Anti-Harkonnen Freedom Fighter on March 15, 2010 at 9:41 AM

If this is true about Massa, then he has the distinction of being thrown under a bus after it was already gone.

apostic on March 15, 2010 at 9:41 AM

Good lord,I just posted this on the other thread!!
======================================

KILL the BILL,with Bachmann

canopfor on March 15, 2010 at 9:44 AM

OT

March 15 (Bloomberg) — The U.S. and the U.K. have moved “substantially” closer to losing their AAA credit ratings as the cost of servicing their debt rose, according to Moody’s Investors Service

artist on March 15, 2010 at 9:44 AM

Much as I admire Michele Bachmann, a voice of sanity in an politically insane state, I question whether getting into the sleaze of Eric Massa is the right approach. There is so much to kill the bill with on the merits without turning this into a “look what the Dems did” ethics tangent.

My recommendation would be for keeping it to the points of healthcare and associated skirmishes when the Dems try to declare all issues salient for healthcare reform.

highhopes on March 15, 2010 at 9:45 AM

Buying Yes votes and removing No votes has everything to do with how our government operates moving forward.

MarkT on March 15, 2010 at 9:50 AM

There’s also the issue of Joe Sestak being offered a government job by Obama, if he’d drop out of his primary challenge to Arlen Specter. That’s definitely against the law–directly interfering with an election.

RBMN on March 15, 2010 at 9:51 AM

“massa”cre the bill.

MarkTheGreat on March 15, 2010 at 9:54 AM

LOL Disasssstah

ya from brooooklyn

blatantblue on March 15, 2010 at 9:55 AM

This explanation fits all of the events, facts,and timeline to a tee….worthy of impeachment…as tight as the vote getting is…the White House was probably well informed about Massa well and gave the wink wink signal to dump him.

PatriotRider on March 15, 2010 at 9:57 AM

Is it just me? Does anyone else feel simply embarrassed that the sleaziest of these sleazy Dummycraps are in charge of our once great country? Do any of you have the urge to tell strangers you meet that you are really Canadian?

Crusader Rabbit on March 15, 2010 at 9:57 AM

highhopes on March 15, 2010 at 9:45 AM

That hasn’t worked so far. Why die with a – metaphorical – bullet in your gun?

LibTired on March 15, 2010 at 9:59 AM

The Fascist-Democratic leadership not only wants its members to have scandals in order to control their votes (vote our way or we’ll expose your scandal), I believe they try to create scandals for their members, in order to control their votes. When Massa was on Beck’s show, he talked about how they had coaches in order to raise money for campaigning. I wouldn’t put it past them to engineer situations whereby junior members are compromised & thus basically held hostage by the Fascist-Democratic leadership.

What a nasty group who is in charge.

rbj on March 15, 2010 at 9:59 AM

MarkT on March 15, 2010 at 9:50 AM

Intimidating people with the dirt you have on them into voting yes is also unethical if not illegal. It’s all the same issue, and yes, we can focus on more than one issue at a time… Obama has proven we have to.

UnderstandingisPower on March 15, 2010 at 10:00 AM

That hasn’t worked so far. Why die with a – metaphorical – bullet in your gun?

LibTired on March 15, 2010 at 9:59 AM

Because I’m not sure that there is any value in going down the road of Massa when it comes to killing the bill. Certainly a colorful display of the depths this administration is willing to go in order to secure passage of state control of the healthcare industry but whether it is blackmailing a pervert like Massa or buying off Ben Nelson; these are sidebar issues. Nelson went down on the basis of what he got out of the administration, not because he sold his vote (and soul) to the devil.

highhopes on March 15, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Very ethical.

unclesmrgol on March 15, 2010 at 10:15 AM

That was worth the effort it took to load. She was on fire and articulate.

Whatta speech!

AnninCA on March 15, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Offering Sestak a job in exchange for not running against Spector also comes to mind.

Hey, did someone spray Troll-B-Gone in here?

Akzed on March 15, 2010 at 10:23 AM

A lib really laid into me on GOP transgressions over the years. She, and MSNBC, lived for days on the bathroom escapades of a Republican (Larry Craig).

So this feels MIGHTY GOOD!

Among the two, I prefer a pervert who goes to men’s rooms to tap his toes, looking for action, to a guys who spends decades grabbing bystanders and messing with subordinates. At least the guys in the bathroom can ignore him or punch him out without losing their job or ending up in the brig.

BTW, it is too bad that Chrissy apparently mugged Bachmann pretty well on his show. Although if we knew congress as well as she, we might all ask for an “anti-America or pro-America” investigation.

IlikedAUH2O on March 15, 2010 at 10:24 AM

Some people say a man is made outta mud
A poor man’s made outta muscle and blood
Muscle and blood and skin and bones
A mind that’s a-weak and a back that’s strong

You load sixteen tons, what do you get
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don’t you call me ’cause I can’t go
I owe my soul to the company store

I was born one mornin’ when the sun didn’t shine
I picked up my shovel and I walked to the mine
I loaded sixteen tons of number nine coal
And the straw boss said “Well, a-bless my soul”

You load sixteen tons, what do you get
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don’t you call me ’cause I can’t go
I owe my soul to the company store

I was born one mornin’, it was drizzlin’ rain
Fightin’ and trouble are my middle name
I was raised in the canebrake by an ol’ mama lion
Cain’t no-a high-toned woman make me walk the line

You load sixteen tons, what do you get
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don’t you call me ’cause I can’t go
I owe my soul to the company store

If you see me comin’, better step aside
A lotta men didn’t, a lotta men died
One fist of iron, the other of steel
If the right one don’t a-get you
Then the left one will

You load sixteen tons, what do you get
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don’t you call me ’cause I can’t go
I owe my soul to the company store

Tennessee Ernie Ford

Speakup on March 15, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Where’s the prompter? This can’t be real, there is not prompter! FAKE, FAKE, FAKE!

rgranger on March 15, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Another strange coincidence is how Patterson’s problems only surfaced after he had a spat with the President over whether he would run for re-election.

It would be stupid to assume these leaks to the press were not planned pay back for opposing the Democrats plans to “reform” us back to serfdom.

This is how Pelosi, Reid and Obama are keeping Democrats in line.

Black mail.

Against black mail we have little chance to succeed in getting our voices heard. It isn’t just about re-election. It is about having your deepest secrets exposed to the world.

This government is just plain evil.

petunia on March 15, 2010 at 11:08 AM

She’s fantastic.

sinsing on March 15, 2010 at 11:08 AM

We’re like a frog boiling in a pot of water …

Every Constitutional transgression the Democrats make – we sit back and ask ourselves … “did they just do that?”

And then we give them the benefit of the doubt because … hey, this is America right? It’s impossible for Venuzuelan political chicanery to raise it’s head here in the home of the free … right?

When will we learn that we’re sitting in a slowly boiling pot of corruption that is about to bring down this union?

The Democrats have declared war on Americans and the Constitution. When they start bastardizing the legislative process in this nation – their rule is no longer legitimate.

HondaV65 on March 15, 2010 at 1:12 PM

Maybe Pelosi wanted Eric Massa to be the infamous 216th vote for the healthcare bill, and it would be called Massacare. It looks like they might try the Slaughter Strategy to give us an Obama Nation. And they thought Death Panels sounded extreme?

chunderroad on March 15, 2010 at 1:16 PM

How much longer are we going to put up with this corrupted and disgusting bunch of people?

BetseyRoss on March 15, 2010 at 1:25 PM

IlikedAUH2O on March 15, 2010 at 10:24 AM

Got emails.

I said “among the two” earlier since I find the idea of “between the two” somewhat unsavory when speaking of Messrs. Craig and Massa.

I was thinking of having other people around. Guys like this don’t do much for issues of gay rights.

How do these people get elected? I don’t know. Both seem to be very good speakers and politicians.

IlikedAUH2O on March 15, 2010 at 3:07 PM

There is no doubt that Obama and his progressive thugs in the unions have highjacked the demonrat party and declared war on the American people. The public is waking up and are just starting to fight back. Lincoln presided over the War Between the States, but this is going to be a Civil War and nothing less. The progressives smell blood and if the American electorate does not stand up, they will destroy our nation and our values as we know. Sound dramatic? You bet it is. Just sit on the sidelines and watch it happen.

volsense on March 15, 2010 at 5:17 PM

I want a president like Michelle Bachmann. She understands the role that our representative government champions in order to have liberty and a voice.

onlineanalyst on March 15, 2010 at 7:58 PM

Hoyer is just as much of a snake in the grass as is Pelosi.

onlineanalyst on March 15, 2010 at 7:59 PM

That’s right! They have crossed the line at 30%. They are obsolete where they stand and I love it!!

KILL THE BILL

Stand and make your voice known and don’t sit down until they go home!

Elektra on March 15, 2010 at 9:55 PM