Aw: Democrats ready to roll out the red carpet for tea partiers protesting tomorrow in D.C.

posted at 8:24 pm on March 15, 2010 by Allahpundit

But … I thought they were “angry mobs” and “teabaggers” and evilmongering “evil-mongers.”

Why are the Democrats embracing evil?

In a memo sent to freshman and sophomore lawmakers, Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.), a member of the House leadership, urges lawmakers to make special accomodations to prepare for the protesters, ranging from refreshments to extra staff members…

Among the suggestions:

Consider having some light snacks, H2O, and coffee available;

Have multiple guest books/comment sheets available for all visitors to sign-in and leave comments;

Have a Capitol Directory and map available to direct visitors to their Member of Congress and written instructions on how to get over to the Senate side of the Hill;

Listen and communicate in small groups:

But lawmakers and their staff should also understand that the tea partiers are reacting merely to a “caricature of the reform bill presented by right-wing media outlets” and aren’t intimately familiar with the legislation, the memo says.

Conservatives have begun melting the phones but calls from non-constituents are being mostly ignored. Show of hands — who’s going tomorrow? And among those of you who are, who’s still so ignorant about the basics of the bill after month upon endless month of Obama speechifying that you need some Democratic backbencher to explain it to you? A few tips if you do find yourself inside some lucky Blue Dog’s office: Be sure to ask (a) what Pelosi’s bribing him with; (b) why, if Democrats are so confident about cost control, they had to rig the estimate on the first decade of costs by delaying the program’s start by five years (in fact, just hand your rep a copy of this); (c) how he/she can be so sure what’s in the bill when they’ll be busy writing it right at that very moment. Other suggestions are welcome in the comments.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

If it’s a Right, how can it be Rationed?

Chip on March 15, 2010 at 10:35 PM

If it’s a right, why will we be penalized for not availing ourselves of it?

NoLeftTurn on March 15, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Also, why do I have to pay for prostate screenings when I don’t have a prostate?

I realize we’re paying for that already, but perhaps if we got rid of all the existing mandates, we could bring the costs down.

NoLeftTurn on March 15, 2010 at 11:09 PM

If it’s a Right, how can it be Rationed?

Chip on March 15, 2010 at 10:35 PM

Like guns ?

J_Crater on March 15, 2010 at 11:16 PM

This is just a gut feeling, but it is a strong one.

I think tomorrow is the day when push very well may, and maybe should, come to shove.

It could be a very good thing for the long-term health of this country if disorder broke out in D.C. tomorrow and the protesters occupied the Capitol. And it might be good if some skulls get cracked, too. Preserving liberty can be costly.

I say this because the timing of the impending vote is too suspicious to be chance. The Dems look like they may try to shove this through Wedneday, just one day after the protest – before its meaning can resonate with America at large (if it’s reported at all!)

This has the look of the leaders of Congress conspiring to thwart the will of the people – purposely timing the passage of the bill so that though Tea Partiers are traveling from all over America to petition for a redress of grievances, their voices may not be heard around the country before the vote.

When Congress ACTIVELY conspires to shut out a very large minority, the time for decorum seems to be over. Pelosi et al are counting on the Tea Partiers to be meek and civil.

But this time, Congressional Democrats may be crossing the Rubicon.

I would not be surprised to see violence tomorrow, and also am not sure that this might not be what moderate Americans need to see on the TV – the Capitol taken by their Tea Party countrymen, in the face of an actively conspiring Congress.

All that’s needed is a gutsy leader.

This could become a week remembered in the history books.

cane_loader on March 15, 2010 at 11:19 PM

If it’s a Right, how can it be Rationed?

Chip on March 15, 2010 at 10:35 PM

If it is a right, why am I forced to participate in something that would already have been mine?

bluemarlin on March 15, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Just remember to ask them where they plan on living after they are voted out of office in November, because they certainly aren’t going to be able to go anywhere in their congressional district without being hassled….

TeresainFortWorth on March 15, 2010 at 11:24 PM

If, like cane_loader says, there is going to be any violence, please punch someone in the face for me. I am really sick of this crap.

Mirimichi on March 15, 2010 at 11:40 PM

To all of the patriots who will be there ..God Bless You All

Plz don’t eat or drink ANYTHING in any congcritter’s office ! And their “extra staff” just might be the thugs of SEIU, so be careful.
Be kind to the MSM idiots who will try to provoke you, just ridicule them : “oh nice to see you trying to look like a reporter” or ” so you play a journalist on TV ..thats so funny” or ” I thought your bosses told you already what i think ” or ” this question was not forwarded by Mediamatters, was it ?”

I could have called my rep but I live among people who elect Boxer, Botox and Zoe-loft

macncheez on March 16, 2010 at 12:26 AM

I’m leaving in about three hours.

I know more about this bill than any liberal on Earth.

I’ll tell ‘em what they can do with their donut holes.

Gone Surgin’…don’t wait up.

russcote on March 16, 2010 at 12:37 AM

Health care is not a right, it is a commodity.

We are endowed with rights by our Creator. Rights are not tangible marketable items, they are the way we live life. It is by exercising these rights that we can create commodities, like health care.

Why can’t statists understand that?

Mallard T. Drake on March 16, 2010 at 1:39 AM

If there is violence, let it be known that it wasn’t our side that started it. At least… I hope our side won’t start it… and I’m pretty sure our side wouldn’t.

I know this bill is wrong to the core… I just don’t want violence. There is a civil way to take this bill behind the woodshed and put it down in a sensible manner.

That being said… if things come to blows we will have plenty of reason to have done so. If our side didn’t start it, then we will have every reason to defend ourselves.

And let it also be said that these words exist in the charter of freedom:

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

Thomas Jefferson — Declaration of Independence

None of the founding fathers would want to see our country divided over any matter for any reason.

That being said… if the cause is just, I believe they would be marching there right beside us.

I hope it doesn’t come to blows… but if it does… we have plenty of justification.

Chaz706 on March 16, 2010 at 3:06 AM

should we remind them what happens to those that break their oath to defend the consitution?

unseen on March 16, 2010 at 3:39 AM

Mallard T. Drake on March 16, 2010 at 1:39 AM

Great succinct summary that I’ll keep in mind when I go to meet with our “betters”. Thanks!

ya2daup on March 16, 2010 at 5:04 AM

The communists in our government are about to act as tyrants as arrogant as any aristocracy in history. Have tyrants ever been removed by civil means?

dogsoldier on March 16, 2010 at 5:53 AM

Just ask your ‘Critter
To show you the Health Care Bill.
It does not exist.

They’re writing it now.
How can they vote on something
Nobody has seen?

Haiku Guy on March 16, 2010 at 6:12 AM

If you have a right
To the service I provide,
I must be a slave.

Haiku Guy on March 16, 2010 at 6:13 AM

And it might be good if some skulls get cracked, too.
cane_loader

Are you out of your mind? That’s crazy talk. Violence is NOT the answer.

Urban Infidel on March 16, 2010 at 6:21 AM

God speed all of you in DC. Be safe, be smart, and get in their faces (politely, of course!). OH, and lots of video please!

Yellowdog12 on March 16, 2010 at 7:19 AM

And it might be good if some skulls get cracked, too. cane_loader

Please throw the first punch. Thanks.

Akzed on March 16, 2010 at 9:21 AM

Is there any truth to this?

This appears to be Harry Reid sinking to new unfathomable depths.

new2wnc on March 16, 2010 at 10:33 AM

If they offer you bottled water, that may be OK to accept, but DON’T DRINK THE KOOL-AID!

protonspinner on March 16, 2010 at 11:32 AM

In the interest of clarity, I should restate what I was saying above about violence.

I was not advocating aggression. What I mean to say is that yes, I think it is time to finally physically demand an audience with these insane Dems, and to barricade their offices until a meeting is held to air grievances. And what I mean is that in the attempt to physically enter the Capitol, especially the way everything is off-limits these days, very likely the Capitol Police / security will physically block or, more likely, actually assault the protestors as they try to enter. It would be this aggression against the people that would have to be responded to with self-defense.

It’s a “lead, follow, or get out of the way” situation. Democrats are forcing this showdown, and at some point you have to finally pull their finger away from your chest.

cane_loader on March 16, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Love it! Give them a snack, pat them on the head and then send them to the senators!

Queen0fCups on March 16, 2010 at 12:41 PM