Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the week?

posted at 9:00 am on March 14, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

The time for talk is over, and the time for voting on the latest Obamateurism of the Week is here!  We have five great candidates, although in Obama Math that comes out to eleventy-seven billion of them.  It’s kind of like when King Arthur couldn’t decide between six wives before rescuing the Holy Grail from the King of Hip-Hop in the Situation Room, or something.  Obama may have only been in office for fourteen months, but it’s beginning to feel like ten years to us, too.

Previous 2010 “winners”:

Comments

Ed, I always look forward to reading your intro for the OOTW. You make us smile despite the way our country is headed. Thanks for using your talents in a helpful & informative way!

jgapinoy on March 14, 2010 at 9:04 AM

I’m not surprised Obama is ignorant of medieval history, or of Western history in general. He never learned it, never thought it important to know, except the Marxist/Maoist propaganda versions of it.

wildcat84 on March 14, 2010 at 9:05 AM

The smartest precedent ever….
One just seems to run out of words…..

thomasaur on March 14, 2010 at 9:07 AM

Can we get an “all the above” button? It is getting harder to determine just which one is more amaturish than the other.

milwife88 on March 14, 2010 at 9:09 AM

Time to change the server clock.

meci on March 14, 2010 at 9:09 AM

Too many today Ed.

csdeven on March 14, 2010 at 9:10 AM

10 years of power. The President and the Democrats can’t count and have a convenient memory.

yoda on March 14, 2010 at 9:10 AM

totally O/T: what is up with Gibb’s purple bracelet? anybody know?

Willie on March 14, 2010 at 9:13 AM

Had to go with the touring-whoring out the situation room, as this man is demeaning the office of potus and the White House at at level never seen before.

This man might be the most disgusting person I have witnessed in my lifetime.

Keemo on March 14, 2010 at 9:14 AM

Seeing rap thugs in the sit room was one of the most disturbing things I have seen in this administration thus far. Just found out last night (I think by “knucklehead”) here on HA about the Che, Mao, etc ornaments on the WH Xmas tree. I’m just getting more disgusted by the day. How RCP poll finds 48.8% approval rate on this marxist in the WH is just incredulous, who are these people??

bernzright777 on March 14, 2010 at 9:14 AM

Time to change the server clock.

meci on March 14, 2010 at 9:09 AM

Good catch!

bernzright777 on March 14, 2010 at 9:15 AM

I heard the purple bracelet is some kind of a medical alert thing.. As usual, shallow propaganda mechanism.

Keemo on March 14, 2010 at 9:16 AM

tough call this week Ed
had to go with option #4 though…the time for talk is over part 425…

cmsinaz on March 14, 2010 at 9:17 AM

Tough call. I mean it takes a special kind of stupid to be off by 868 billion bucks. But the Pendragon pun has special meaning, as my mother used to be a senior English teacher, who would put on the Medieval Fair every year. So this one’s for you mom. For Camelot!

Weight of Glory on March 14, 2010 at 9:20 AM

Too many today Ed.

csdeven on March 14, 2010 at 9:10 AM

I’d place the blame where it truly belongs — the source.

Went with the ‘shut up tour’. He’s like one of those talking dolls where you pull the string, and it says one of 12 things over and over and over………

GnuBreed on March 14, 2010 at 9:21 AM

Yeah, each and every one of these things deserves its place in the OOTD Hall of Fame. This man is just pathetic and why he is still in office is one of life’s great mysteries to me.

BetseyRoss on March 14, 2010 at 9:21 AM

Thanks for reminding me.

Time to change the server clock.

meci on March 14, 2010 at 9:09 AM

elclynn on March 14, 2010 at 9:25 AM

Whatsa matter? Your servers can’t handle the Obamateurism of the hour?

Cybergeezer on March 14, 2010 at 9:25 AM

“shut up”….over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over…like anyone is going to.

elclynn on March 14, 2010 at 9:27 AM

Purple bracelet? It probably says “Do not resuscitate.”

Pelayo on March 14, 2010 at 9:30 AM

……Comment pointing out that the entire administration is one big, fat amateurism.

blatantblue on March 14, 2010 at 9:30 AM

OT: I’m watching Fox News Sunday. I can’t tell you how much I hate Rep. Van Hollen from Maryland. What a total POS.

BuckeyeSam on March 14, 2010 at 9:30 AM

“Obama off by $868 billion on CBO deficit savings projection of ObamaCare 33%.

Not so much an Obamateurism as a deliberate LIE told to sell Obama-Akbar. Dude was reading a teleprompter. Either he’s a total puppet or he decided to LIE for himself, but it was deliberate obfuscation of truth.

exdeadhead on March 14, 2010 at 9:31 AM

How is it that “The nation’s biggest celebrity Constitutional scholar” didn’t know that the Republicans didn’t have total power in 2001 and 2002 and that votes for sweeping legislation like health care insurance reform require 60(SIXTY)VOTES?
Maybe it’s because he is too amateur to prepare for a meeting and too amateur to resist being a smart@ss during the meeting to try to collect political points!
“Republicans, 10 years in power” hands down!

ExpressoBold on March 14, 2010 at 9:34 AM

Sowing chaos and stupidity is all part of ObaMao’s plan:

onlineanalyst on March 14, 2010 at 9:38 AM

BuckeyeSam on March 14, 2010 at 9:30 AM

Smrt@ass Van Hollen and Smirkface Gibbs on the same show in the same half hour is enough to enrage any right-thinking American. I had the Donkey Salute up during most of their speaking parts.

———- Donkey Salute ———–

…………\…………..(
…………..\………….\…

ExpressoBold on March 14, 2010 at 9:39 AM

BetseyRoss on March 14, 2010 at 9:21 AM

lol

nyx on March 14, 2010 at 9:39 AM

without an epic fail for the one this week we are all screwed!

tim c on March 14, 2010 at 9:39 AM

I deemed voted for “10 years of power”.

He knows this is a lie, but just can’t resist some variation on the adolescent “I inherited this” excuse. It’s a lie not just in duration, but in the implication that Republicans held the kind of power the Democrats now have. They held that much power exactly zero days.

forest on March 14, 2010 at 9:43 AM

ExpressoBold on March 14, 2010 at 9:39 AM

I missed Gibbs. But it’s worse. Wallace has John Podesto on the Fox Panel. Juan Williams is bad enough; Podesto is a POS.

BuckeyeSam on March 14, 2010 at 9:43 AM

Obama off by $868 billion on CBO deficit savings projection of ObamaCare 35%

Of course, with the CBO accepting Obama’s “Madoff Calculator” as the template, taxpayers will save billions. cough cough…..

Rovin on March 14, 2010 at 9:44 AM

I really wanted to vote for the King Arthur thing but decided that while it was stupid, it didn’t have any serious fall out. Makes me wonder again how this guy got through Harvard(or high school for that matter!)No longer care about his grades though as I’m now convinced that they were affirmative action tainted. With remarks like that one(and others)they have to be.

jeanie on March 14, 2010 at 9:46 AM

I am inclined to agree.

Soetoro’s stories rewrite history or literature in almost every reference he makes. He’ll probably also rewrite financial, economic and accounting principles before he is done.

Ricohoc on March 14, 2010 at 9:48 AM

According to the Marxist, Clinton was a right wing puppet since his reelection. Add those 4 years and the six years under Bush and you would have 10 years of “Republican power”.
Still, he ought to have counted twelve years (94-2006 Republican power in the House equals 12 years) of “Republican Power”.

Well, we know he is poor in Western History. Sadly, I am not surprised.

nyx on March 14, 2010 at 9:50 AM

BuckeyeSam on March 14, 2010 at 9:43 AM

I agree, Podesta is a “direct action wind-up tool” but he was sitting beside feisty, smart and hot Dana Perino so I didn’t look at him much. I was happy to see Kristol mount a heated argument with him, too.
What’s with his “haircut?” Is he trying to join some kind of Øbummer gang?

ExpressoBold on March 14, 2010 at 9:52 AM

… you would have 10 years of “Republican power”.

nyx on March 14, 2010 at 9:50 AM

Actually, as was pointed out to me a day or so ago, the Senate was not Republican-controlled in 2001-2002 because Jim “Vermont Shuffle” Jeffords switched from Republican to Independent right after he was sworn at the behest of Ted “Oldsmobiles Don’t Float” Kennedy.
That’s only ten years of Republican majorities, none of which were super-majorities in the Senate.

ExpressoBold on March 14, 2010 at 9:59 AM

Ricohoc on March 14, 2010 at 9:48 AM

And I’m waiting to see his book on how successful his presidency was!
It’ll have to be co-authored by J. K. Rowling and James Cameron!

Cybergeezer on March 14, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Ricohoc on March 14, 2010 at 9:48 AM

I am sure the Fool asks in all seriousness,
“What is truth?”

nyx on March 14, 2010 at 10:03 AM

Since Bill Clinton was the first black president, Barrack will have to be the first Affirmative Action president.
And Barrack is making Affirmative Action such a successful business plan.

Cybergeezer on March 14, 2010 at 10:07 AM

I am sure the Fool asks in all seriousness,
“What is truth?”

nyx on March 14, 2010 at 10:03 AM

Not so sure of that. More like whatever I say is truth. This man is not capable of questioning himself. ie: ” I know this is right.” But his innate dangerousness should never be underestimated as you say.

jeanie on March 14, 2010 at 10:11 AM

Wow…a REALLY tough set of choices!

The “President” is really hitting his, uh, “stride”.

2 and 1/2 years to go…will we collapse economically, be ground under El Douche’s boot, murdered en masse, or… Time, and our Dear Leader, will tell!

Justrand on March 14, 2010 at 10:11 AM

Okay! Have to put myself in the Obama pigeon hole. Quote should read “I know this is right.”

jeanie on March 14, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Obama off by $868 billion on CBO deficit savings projection of ObamaCare 36%

….yet more proof that liberals have no right talking about how dam# “smart” they are.

Baxter Greene on March 14, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Classless
Lies (more of)
idiot (and those around him)
idiot (hear he has more control of his speeches than any previous Pres.)
More lies.

Ed, you do make describing a week of dufus screwups sound funny. He sure is lowering the bar for future Presidents.

All Hat, no cattle.

texriot on March 14, 2010 at 10:16 AM

It’s the math stupid. No wonder why Obailout has never released his transcripts.

Mojave Mark on March 14, 2010 at 10:18 AM

ExpressoBold on March 14, 2010 at 9:39 AM

…NOW THAT’S ART!!!!

Baxter Greene on March 14, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Someone will latch onto his math error and run with it as the truth. It causes more confusion and confusion is his friend.

Cindy Munford on March 14, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Too many today Ed.

csdeven on March 14, 2010 at 9:10 AM

It’s getting toughter to choose between them. Nowadays I just pick the one that irritates me the most, as opposed to the one with the greatest “import.” So I went with the celebs in the situation room.

Has it really been only 14 months?

disa on March 14, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Baxter Greene on March 14, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Take it! Use it! Show the Donkey Salute liberally (see, I made a joke…) around Democrats and …. liberals.

ExpressoBold on March 14, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Only 30 years to go! Keep your chin up, this too will end.

Herb on March 14, 2010 at 10:24 AM

jeanie on March 14, 2010 at 10:11 AM

No doubt. He is a post-modernist.
I was just linking the Fool to Pontius Pilate.

nyx on March 14, 2010 at 10:25 AM

ok, my comment just got eaten. What gives.

nyx on March 14, 2010 at 10:26 AM

milwife88 on March 14, 2010 at 9:09 AM

Obama is so prolific that I think it might make sense to have categories, such as “stupidity”, “ignorance”, “dishonesty”, “danger”, and of course “narcissism”. Ed, I hope that you’ll put out a book of these, to include every nominee, since so many of them are worthy. It will be a big seller, particularly when his real approval ratings (adjusted for the Bradley effect) sink below Bush’s low.

Sowell Disciple on March 14, 2010 at 10:27 AM

I went for the Obamanomic CBO projection. The teleprompter lied, obviously.

Philly on March 14, 2010 at 10:27 AM

totally O/T: what is up with Gibb’s purple bracelet? anybody know?

Willie on March 14, 2010 at 9:13 AM

Well, it can’t be one of these.

conservnut on March 14, 2010 at 10:30 AM

bernzright777 on March 14, 2010 at 9:14 AM

I suspect that the Bradley Effect is a factor here. (That’s a statistical aberration named for L.A. mayor Tom Bradley, a black man who was polling ahead in the 1986 California governor election but lost anyway.) The Bradley Effect reflects the tendency of some voters to respond to pollsters positively when asked about a black candidate, so that they don’t feel like some sort of racist, and then vote against them in the privacy of the booth. Did anyone identify a degree of the Bradley Effect in 2008?

By the way, out here in parts of L.A., there are still some Obama stickers on cars, but a fraction of what there was back in the day.

Sowell Disciple on March 14, 2010 at 10:32 AM

It’s Sunday, must be time again to wrestle with the definition of an Obamateurism (or an hour before time to wrestle with the definition… I don’t know which clock to trust).
Alloying Jay-Z and Beyonce in the Situation Room for a photo op is genuinely an act of a bungling incompetent with NO RESPECT for our country, on the same level with insulting the Queen with an iPod or giving improperly formatted DVDs as a gift.
Lying about his numbers when trying to destroy/takeover our economy is a deliberate, intentional act to impose his agenda on us by getting those still infatuated to willingly agree to it. Similarly, blaming those darned Republicans for all of his problems is an intentional lie.
I voted for One Trick Pony reverting into Campaign Barry mode by pretending ‘the time for talk is over.’ All of his talking has failed, and the more he talks the more people realize the danger HCR presents (see: Blair House Summit). This is just Campaign Barry’s way of telling all of us to STFU.

Tom_OC on March 14, 2010 at 10:37 AM

I went with time to stop talking because I don’t think Mr. President gets the irony of saying that and then going out and giving a bunch of speeches. He meant for all of US to quit talking, not him. Arrogant fool.

scalleywag on March 14, 2010 at 10:38 AM

He meant for all of US to quit talking, not him. Arrogant fool.

scalleywag on March 14, 2010 at 10:38 AM

Did any of you read this months Nat Rev? In ‘The Long View’it parodies O as saying “…People need to learn to shut up when they talk to me.” The whole thing is a parody on the Health Care Summit, but the parts about Obama are the funniest by far.(except possibly for those about Biden?)

jeanie on March 14, 2010 at 10:56 AM

Lots of good choices. I went with “shut up” because it shows that Dear Liar isn’t interested in being a public servant, but wants to be our ruler and everyone should bow to His will.

The Whine needs to go — impeachment or resignation now.

rbj on March 14, 2010 at 10:58 AM

So..many…choices….so…many…displays…of…stupidity…

portlandon on March 14, 2010 at 11:00 AM

This was a hard one. On multiple occasions Barry has proven that he either sucks at math or just blatantly lies and makes up figures, so the CBO deficit projection was no real surprise.

I had to go with “shut-up – the time for talk is over” tour. He’s given 50+ speeches on the disastrous ObamaCare bill that the majority of Americans don’t want. I just know he’ll feel compelled to say a couple more things before we dummies finally understand how marvelous it will be to have bureaucrats making our medical decisions for us.

Barb Dwyer on March 14, 2010 at 11:20 AM

out to eleventy-seven billion of them.

I thought it was closer to fifteen-four gajillion, but I may be off by a thousand.

BHO is an idiot.

madmonkphotog on March 14, 2010 at 11:33 AM

I voted for King Arthur. I know I’m in the minority, but it shows this guy is not as smart as he thinks he is. It’s also another indication how little comprehension he has of what it means to be an American. England is our Mother Country, and Obama doesn’t have a grip on some obvious history.

INC on March 14, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Republicans “had 10 years” in power

I don’t believe he miss spoke I believe he lied, he knows perfectly well from his vantage point as a Democrat Politician, how the average of Dem vs Rep power averaged out this last 10 years. Otherwise we are supposed to believe he is a VERY VERY POOR POLITICIAN not to have known when his party held sway-power, during the last 10 years.

Dr Evil on March 14, 2010 at 11:58 AM

This MackDaddamateur hour was funny a year ago. Now it is just sad. This is what we have leading the USoA?

God help us.

davidk on March 14, 2010 at 2:31 PM

Nowadays I just pick the one that irritates me the most…So I went with the celebs in the situation room.
disa on March 14, 2010 at 10:23 AM

This seems like another one-fingered salute to America.

indypat on March 14, 2010 at 2:36 PM

totally O/T: what is up with Gibb’s purple bracelet? anybody know?

It’s for Jimmy Carters “Invisible Killer Rabbit” that is MIA in DC.

DSchoen on March 14, 2010 at 4:12 PM

An easily refuted $868 billion lie had to be Numero Uno. The situation room insult is just that, an insult of the American people.

We need an Obama Insult Of The Week just as much as we need an Obamatuerism of the week!

Meremortal on March 14, 2010 at 5:27 PM

totally O/T: what is up with Gibb’s purple bracelet? anybody know?

Willie on March 14, 2010 at 9:13 AM

Well, it can’t be one of these.

conservnut on March 14, 2010 at 10:30 AM

PT Barnum, we hardly knew ye’! Too funny.

I’m sure you all are just funnin’ here, and are guessing–like me–that that there purple bracelet may contain the letters SEIU and perhaps, even the word, “solidarity” on the underside????

Chewy the Lab on March 14, 2010 at 6:23 PM

How about his snub to Gordon Brown because he was “too tired”.

arizona on March 14, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Touring celebrities through the Situation Room for photo ops

Obama off by $868 billion on CBO deficit savings projection of ObamaCare

Confusing King Arthur for King Henry VIII

The “shut up, he explained – time for talk is over” tour

Republicans “had 10 years” in power

Busy week by the Reigning Radical. Let’s see:

– Staggering disrespect for the Office
– Staggering lie and/or ignorance about the cost of his signature bill
– Staggering ignorance of history
– Staggering hypocrisy of telling people to shut up while he keeps talking
– Staggering rewriting of history at will

Gee, this is hard.

Let’s go the real in-your-face one

didymus on March 14, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Keemo on March 14, 2010 at 9:16 AM

the purple bracelet is awarded to all proud graduates of the baghdad bob school of journalism

historian on March 15, 2010 at 5:28 AM