Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the week?
posted at 9:00 am on March 14, 2010 by Ed Morrissey
The time for talk is over, and the time for voting on the latest Obamateurism of the Week is here! We have five great candidates, although in Obama Math that comes out to eleventy-seven billion of them. It’s kind of like when King Arthur couldn’t decide between six wives before rescuing the Holy Grail from the King of Hip-Hop in the Situation Room, or something. Obama may have only been in office for fourteen months, but it’s beginning to feel like ten years to us, too.
Previous 2010 “winners”:
- Obama challenges GOP on tort reform, winds up proving GOP point on reconciliation
- Obama’s “Acme Insurance” anecdote proves he doesn’t understand insurance
- Obama claims 2 million jobs saved or created, website shows 590K
- Obama gripes about filibusters in a year with none … after having 60 seats in the Senate
- Obama says “corpse-man” for corpsman 3 times at Nat’l Prayer Breakfast
- Scolding the Supreme Court over ruling that he got completely wrong during SOTU
- People are unhappy with Obama’s performance because he didn’t get enough public face time to explain himself
- Suddenly jobs saved or created “never expected to be the public accounting of Obama’s goal to save or create 3.5 million jobs”
- Obama rushes home for minor injury to family friend, keeps golfing after EunuchBomber attack
Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.
Illustrations by Chris Muir of Day by Day. Be sure to read the adventures of Sam, Zed, Damon, and Jan every day!