Obamateurism of the Day

posted at 8:05 am on March 11, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

With ObamaCare struggling to survive, Barack Obama has two messages for the American people. First, the time for talk is over. Second … he’s coming to every town he can to talk about how the time for talk is over. Not that this is a new message, mind you; whether the subject is energy independence, global warming, health care, Porkulus, or Porkulus again, Obama wants us to know that the time for talk is over.

I compiled a mashup of a few repeats of Obama’s greatest hit:

Isn’t it odd that a man who likes doing nothing but nonstop talking wants everyone else to shut up? After all, this is the same man who spoke more at the health-care summit — an Obama idea of spending a whole day talking — than the entire Republican contingent combined. Obviously, Obama prefers monologue over dialogue, and he’ll make sure everyone knows it on his latest “Shut up, he explained” tour.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

It simply highlights that the problem of Obama isn’t the crap sandwich he is forcing Americans to eat. The real problem is that he hasn’t been out of DC hustling the uneducated prols about how tasty and nutritious this crap sandwich will be.
More cowbell, please.

cyclown on March 11, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Do you spose Allah will include some kitties with the humpbot this time???

huskerdiva on March 11, 2010 at 9:16 AM

huskerdiva: As long as those kitties,are Brazilianized!!:)

canopfor on March 11, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Let the mother efer talk. The more he flies around wasting jet fuel and spewing his lies the lower his approval rating go and the less time he has to destroy this formerly great country, so let the mother efer talk all he wants.

No-one is listening, everyone except a few handout beggers, inner city high school dropouts and liberal college profs quit listening to Pinnochios lies long ago and we sure as hell don’t want this Indonesian Marxist “Fixing” anything!

Let the jerk talk until we can Impeach or vote his sorry ass out of the Peoples House!

dhunter on March 11, 2010 at 10:07 AM

My imagination?

hawkdriver on March 11, 2010 at 10:03 AM

hawkdriver: Congrats on your DFC,that is awesome!:)

And,how have you been:)

canopfor on March 11, 2010 at 10:09 AM

Let me be clear…
I have always said…
This is not (insert communist sympathizer) I knew….
The time for talk is over…

jukin on March 11, 2010 at 10:14 AM

My imagination?

hawkdriver on March 11, 2010 at 10:03 AM

I’ve thought that too. Every once in a while some positive news comes from this administration, but not nearly often enough. It’s very discouraging.

scalleywag on March 11, 2010 at 10:19 AM

canopfor on March 11, 2010 at 10:09 AM

I’ve been pretty good and thanks.

14 days and a wakeup.

hawkdriver on March 11, 2010 at 10:20 AM

scalleywag on March 11, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Early on, I thought Ed really went out of his way to discuss President Obama in a respectful manner I often thought he was undeserving of. I just think that if a commentator like Ed has become more “jaded”, then this administration really has completely gone over the edge.

hawkdriver on March 11, 2010 at 10:28 AM

hawkdriver on March 11, 2010 at 10:28 AM

I crack up every time Allah refers to the president as “champ”. I am easily amused. Very excited about the 14 days and a wake up. How do we have a party on line?

Cindy Munford on March 11, 2010 at 10:33 AM

hawkdriver on March 11, 2010 at 10:28 AM

I agree. It’s getting tough to be respectful toward someone who constantly disrespects just about everyone – even the Supreme Court. People will say “at least be respectful of the office”. I will, when the guy in it starts respecting it.

forest on March 11, 2010 at 10:36 AM

I dare you to step across this line.
I dare you to step across this line.
I dare you to step across this line.
I dare Bambi to stop running off at the mouth and grow up and do something.The more he talks,the more juvenile he sounds.

DDT on March 11, 2010 at 10:43 AM

Cindy Munford on March 11, 2010 at 10:33 AM

I’m not sure I ever caught Allah using “Champ” to describe the president.

It’s odd here. Most are so anti-anything about the administration, it makes me wonder where the folks in the military who voted for him are. I have one Army buddy who is a younger pilot, who was a two time Bush voter but went with President Obama this time; mainly because of the health care issue. All he does is listen to President Obama talk and really doesn’t confer with any other sources. I’ve been making the case that the CBO report described my particular situation as being on the hook for about 15,200 dollars to pay for my health care under the plan. When he finally read it, he went completely mad. He simply will not accept the data provided by the report and refers back to President Obamas speeches. I’m pretty sure that’s why the president thinks continuing to flap his gums about whatever the program is that he’s trying to push is effective. His base, which now includes my friend, refuse to accept that he was in error of worse, lied, about any of the pie in the sky crap he pitched. So, I think he’s just trying to keep his base. maybe he thinks that’ll be enough to keep polls pushing the issues to pass.

I’m not sure about a party on line. Within hours of returning stateside, I’m sure my already poor typing skills will be suffering even more greatly. Now, I’ll hop on a thread and go all OT on it’s azz, but I’m positive it’ll start sounding like some foriegn language within the first minutes. (hic)

hawkdriver on March 11, 2010 at 10:51 AM

canopfor on March 11, 2010 at 10:09 AM
—————————————-
I’ve been pretty good and thanks.

14 days and a wakeup.

hawkdriver on March 11, 2010 at 10:20 AM

hawkdriver: Great to hear,keep zee faith:)

canopfor on March 11, 2010 at 11:16 AM

hawkdriver on March 11, 2010 at 10:51 AM

You “sound” okay to me. Not only is it weird that he continues to “flap his gums” but his last two appearances have been closed to the public. It’s hard to imagine someone being willing ignorant of the facts. Especially when even the Left is admitting that premiums are going to continue to go up, along with taxes and except for people who qualify for Medicaid it will be four years before the uninsured get their “free” health care.

Cindy Munford on March 11, 2010 at 11:25 AM

Yesterday while driving the news played an Obama sound bite. All I heard was the ‘waa-waa-waa’ of the adults in a Charlie Brown special. I can’t be the only person who no longer hears him speak words.

BHO Jonestown on March 11, 2010 at 11:36 AM

Cindy Munford on March 11, 2010 at 11:25 AM

The news and even the threads here on Hot Air go back and forth. Do people think it can still be defeated?

hawkdriver on March 11, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Narcissism is indignant.

Schadenfreude on March 11, 2010 at 11:41 AM

hawkdriver on March 11, 2010 at 11:38 AM

T
The opinions are all over the place. I think we will know when they can pass it when they schedule a vote. The Won was in St. Louis yesterday for a private pep rally and fundraiser. The opposition turn out was impressive.

Cindy Munford on March 11, 2010 at 12:14 PM

I sure wish he would STFU.

RedNewEnglander on March 11, 2010 at 12:20 PM

I know I cracked up when I heard the quote of him saying, “I’m tired of talking!”

Well, we’re tired of hearing it.

tom on March 11, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Nancy was just on the tube yakking about something, probably about whether or not today’s closed-doors arm-twisting and vote-buying has her close enough to pass the senate’s version. In other words: the same ol’ fluff and bluster intended to give the appearance that HCR is popular with a majority.

Tom_OC on March 11, 2010 at 12:36 PM

Preach! All the man does is preach. Judge, and preach. Judge, preach, condemn. Yup.

When all is said and done, the only things that will be listening to his preaching are the hard core kool aid drinkers, and the crickets we so often hear.

capejasmine on March 11, 2010 at 12:43 PM

He fails in so many ways, damn

abobo on March 11, 2010 at 12:50 PM

Cindy Munford on March 11, 2010 at 12:14 PM

Thanks Cindy

hawkdriver on March 11, 2010 at 1:01 PM

The time for Obama is so over.

hepcat on March 11, 2010 at 1:14 PM

The guy only knows one riff, so he’s going to keep playing it over and over and over again. *obscure reference warning* He sounds like Joe’s Band from Zappa’s Joe’s Garage. Obama is going to keep bending the strings trying to sound cool.

Mallard T. Drake on March 11, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Obviously, Obama prefers monologue over dialogue, and he’ll make sure everyone knows it on his latest “Shut up, he explained I am going over this again until you Dolts understand why we need the government to take over health care” tour.

FIFY

Mallard T. Drake on March 11, 2010 at 1:38 PM

A narcissist who incesently speaks to audiences hand chosen to cheer every word he says? A guy who shuts down any opposition, reminding them exactly who won and who is the head honcho? A guy who cannot accept that he has ever said anything that contradicts something else he’s said? A guy who is never “wrong”? A guy who the press lauds as incredibly attractive, unbelievably intelligent, a superior example of humanity?

Dear Leader Kim Jong Il or President Barack Hussien Obama?

Hmmmm?

Fatal on March 11, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Great!

He’s using the language that was employed for the fraud we know as “AGW”

Translation.
Can’t explain it.
Can’t defend it.

DSchoen on March 11, 2010 at 3:11 PM

He needs the rest of us to shut up because it makes it hard for him to hear himself talk.

n0doz on March 11, 2010 at 8:51 PM