Video: Beck, Michelle Malkin go toe to toe over Massa interview

posted at 12:10 pm on March 9, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

This starts off as an intellectual discourse on the use of apostates in political arguments, but descends to a pity party on Glenn Beck’s part when he goes after Michelle Malkin for criticizing his decision to give an hour to Eric Massa. It starts downhill at the moment that Beck says, “I don’t understand you people,” which takes the Boss Emeritus aback. The Right Scoop has the video:

Frankly, I don’t even know what set Beck off in the first place. Having Massa on the show for a segment might make some sense, but the decision to devote an hour to Massa is certainly open for criticism. Beck needs to handle criticism over an editorial decision like that among friends better than this. I worked for Michelle for two years and had open disagreements on policy, but it never took this kind of tone, nor did I ever think of it as backstabbing, as Beck seems to imply. In fact, both of us thought it was part of the process and made for better blogging and radio, which is why it had always been stressed that I could write what I want and argue what I believe here at Hot Air.

On the plus side, he makes up with Michelle towards the end of the interview, and he apparently apologized later. It’s not as unpleasant as the reaction on Twitter indicated, but it’s not Beck’s finest moment, either.

Beck says, “I’m not making this about him,” but at the same time he’s claiming that Massa “confirms” what the White House is doing. It only confirms it if Massa has any credibility. Claiming that Democrats are railroading him out of office when he’s resigning on his own makes his credibility very suspect. One can believe that the Obama administration is playing hardball with or without Massa’s testimony on this point, but relying on Massa undermines the argument if it turns out that Massa may be exaggerating or prevaricating for his own purposes — and as Michelle has pointed out, there’s certainly some evidence to bolster that interpretation.

None of us need to rely on Massa’s credibility for our arguments. We can note his statements and consider the context and Massa’s motivations, which is all Michelle asks of Beck in reconsidering his choice to give Massa a big megaphone tonight. It’s not bad advice, and perhaps Beck should give it more consideration, coming from a friend.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Keep it simple — Rush is too GOP-way or the highway!

“In the present crisis, the government is not the solution to the problem; government is the problem” — applies to the WHOLE government — Scott Brown now included!

rebuzz on March 9, 2010 at 2:27 PM

Right Scoop has Glenn’s apology to MM. It is helpful to understand the conflict that developed in the first clip.

d1carter on March 9, 2010 at 2:27 PM

Hmm . . . “you people” . . . I will tell you. .. I think Beck got a little bent out of shape over the blow back from his CPAC speech . . . . this sounds like that is a sore spot for him still. Media or not, we are all people and he could still feel a bit bruised.

Besides that . . there is nothing wrong with some infighting from our side. . . if we were all talking point robots, wouldn’t happen. We are all passionate, intelligent, individuals. . . bound to happen.

zeromusic on March 9, 2010 at 2:28 PM

ClassicCon on March 9, 2010 at 2:16 PM

I have listened to Rush since ’91. I think he has a few flaws but I think he is the best at what he does. There are periods where I think he doesn’t seem to want to go at it hard enough but that’s ok. I have Mark Levin to pick up his slack and Levin pulls NO punches.

Sporty1946 on March 9, 2010 at 2:29 PM

Massa’s too bad to interview?
Don’t cops interview criminals?
Doesn’t the CIA interview terrorists?

jgapinoy on March 9, 2010 at 2:00 PM

jgapinoy on March 9, 2010 at 2:30 PM

I think GB probably thinks MM is about the only friend he has & she probably just hurt his feelings, that’ all.

Colorado Anne on March 9, 2010 at 2:30 PM

FloatingRock on March 9, 2010 at 2:13 PM

But are they nervous about their guys? Is Mr. Massa sufficiently kooky enough that they can discount that they could be in his shoes when it comes to the wrath of their party?

Cindy Munford on March 9, 2010 at 2:31 PM

Good Lt on March 9, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Giddy with excitement for the stories and nauseous at the images. *shivers*

pannw on March 9, 2010 at 2:31 PM

I have Mark Levin to pick up his slack and Levin pulls NO punches.

Sporty1946 on March 9, 2010 at 2:29 PM

Levin is great with what he does — but he’s often w/o substance! Give me reasons to hate libs not just lib hate!

rebuzz on March 9, 2010 at 2:31 PM

rebuzz on March 9, 2010 at 2:31 PM

Hannity is sort of the same way. I mean he’s not as vitriolic as Levin, but he just keeps hammering the same talking points over and over and over and over again. It get’s kind of annoying and that why I haven’t listened to him in so long.

MobileVideoEngineer on March 9, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Okay…Michelle IS gonna “tune-in” BUT Glenn is ALL wrong, (glorifying, respecting, and making a hero of Massa) just BY havin’ Massa on his show and wastin’ an hour of Michelle’s time.

Michelle…get off your high horse.

Glenn’s just having him on to be interviewed…where does Michelle get off railin’ at Glenn about ‘taking him with a grain of salt’

ExTex on March 9, 2010 at 2:34 PM

I come away from this even more amazed because of Michelle Malkin. This lady is the epitome of class. She ask the very questions that was on a lot of people minds. Michelle is one hell of a patriot. Glenn Beck is as well, but his motives are tarnishing that luster he has enjoyed for the past year. He is right in presenting a man on his TV show who may or may not come across as credible, but Michelle is correct in identifying the hypocrisy. So, the end result is that those who so want to preserve our nation and our way of life can disagree about the approach, but in the end we will come to the same conclusion.

WileECoyote1952 on March 9, 2010 at 2:36 PM

When Beck had The Stool from CPUSA on was he glorifying him?

thomasaur on March 9, 2010 at 2:37 PM

Malkin versus Beck? Didn’t Jefferson debate Adams with as much passion? It’s healthy for us, quite normal.

PA Guy on March 9, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Jefferson was wrong and disingenuous and underhanded and slimy in that conflict. And Jefferson went against everything he had been arguing for the minute he thought it advantageous. I’m glad that Jefferson was able to see the idiocy of his earlier arguments (as the Louisianna Purchase was one of the best things Jefferson ever did) but that doesn’t take away from the fact that Jefferson had not a leg to stand on in his slimy attacks on Adams.

neurosculptor on March 9, 2010 at 2:37 PM

Got news for ya.

Hollywood has a lit of conservatives working in it, too.

And if you want to have any lasting impact on the youth and the culture of the country from here on out, you have to start accepting that Hollywood needs to be part of the fight as well.

At the time, 24 was the ONLY major show on TV criticizing Muslim terrorism and putting an unabashed American counter-terror agent and his anything-goes-to-protect-US approach to fighting it as “the good guy” on TV. It’s certainly waned in recent years, but that was the time and the context in which Rush made those remarks. What was your problem there?

Good Lt on March 9, 2010 at 2:24 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA…yeah…our inroads into taking back culture rely on phony hollywood “conservatives”. Sorry, but I doubt you can provide any news for me. Only suckers like Rush and certain of his listeners buy into this kind of crap. Hollywood is a closed club and conservative ideals will never see the light of day from that industry. They must create their own, much like Fox News did with the news industry.

Next you are going to tell me that the Family Guy douche is a closet conservative because he had Rush on.

Rush should have done what Breitbart is doing now, except that he should have done it a decade ago. Your are right, he is under no obligation to do so, but it does tell me where his true allegiances lie.

ClassicCon on March 9, 2010 at 2:37 PM

Hannity . . . I haven’t listened to him in so long.

MobileVideoEngineer on March 9, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Me too — which is why I like Beck — sometimes too much info! And he recommends books — ones that cost $$$ but good! Let me think!

rebuzz on March 9, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Each time i am willing to get back on the Beck bus, he does something that makes me back off.

rjoco1 on March 9, 2010 at 2:39 PM

You know, baldi, I have tried in the past few years to respect you because i know know you are ex-military, but you are an a-hole.

DaydreamBeliever on March 9, 2010 at 2:20 PM

So? Nobody here cares what you think. Pretty much everybody aside from you likes Baldilocks, and I doubt anybody here is the least bit impressed with your attempts to tell Michelle that she should shut up and keep her opinions to herself.

FloatingRock on March 9, 2010 at 2:40 PM

I think that’s why a lot of conservatives have begun to distance themselves from him when he crawls out on a limb.

Caustic Conservative on March 9, 2010 at 2:09 PM

Put me some knowledge. Was MM this critical of conservative pundits or journalists who interviewed Blago?

Y-not on March 9, 2010 at 2:09 PM

Nail–meet hammer…

lovingmyUSA on March 9, 2010 at 2:42 PM

And what happened to those Republicans, slug? See the difference child? I know you little political neophytes don’t have long memories, but try to keep up kid.

ClassicCon on March 9, 2010 at 2:11 PM

I’m pretty sure they weren’t given an hour to be cuddled on liberal talk shows, grandpappy.

fastestslug on March 9, 2010 at 2:43 PM

Ummmmm, it sounds like they’re on the same side. Seems silly they’re arguing.

I like Beck. I don’t see the problem having the guy on the show. He might come off looking like a liar – might not. So what?

Does seem Michelle is a bit out of line. Her point, if I understand it, is fair – don’t give a liar any time. Fine. But, Beck’s an entertainer, and a businessman. The show will get ratings – which is what he’s supposed to do.

Don’t see the big deal.

Pablo Snooze on March 9, 2010 at 2:43 PM

Cindy Munford on March 9, 2010 at 2:31 PM

I don’t know, but I’m looking forward to the show and hoping some skeletons fall out of the closets. :)

FloatingRock on March 9, 2010 at 2:43 PM

I have Mark Levin to pick up his slack and Levin pulls NO punches.

Sporty1946 on March 9, 2010 at 2:29 PM

Levin makes me chuckle sometimes, but the “you big dummy” in his little munchkin voice makes me roll my eyes. I like people that can decimate the left and speak like an adult while doing it.

Don’t get me wrong. I am thankful for Rush and Levin but feel they are too stale and hid in their safe zones. Not a big fan of Beck but can’t argue with how affective some of his research has been. Seriously, you guys should listen to the Jason Lewis show for some great discussions.

ClassicCon on March 9, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Fortunately, I never sold out my country for the adulation of the GOP. big difference. Rush had the power to mitigate the mistakes of the Bush years while they were transpiring, but cowered behind his Golden EIB microphone. The man is a mouse, and too friendly with the establishment.

Pitchforker on March 9, 2010 at 2:04 PM

You are just utterly full of excrement. Perverse in your revisionism and deliberate lies.
Maybe the new owners of Hot Air will consider memberships, so they can afford to pay programmers to implement an Ignore feature, because you sure as hell belong on such a list.

rayra on March 9, 2010 at 2:44 PM

I applaud Beck for being willing to listen to what Massa has to say. But just because Massa is talking, doesn’t mean he’s telling the truth. He’s a POLITICIAN, and apparently a pretty nutty nutjob of a politician.

hawksruleva on March 9, 2010 at 2:44 PM

FloatingRock on March 9, 2010 at 2:40 PM

+ one trillion.

Cindy Munford on March 9, 2010 at 2:45 PM

Beck has gone off the deep end. He and Olbermann are about to meet in Beck’s circle of extremists.

lonestar1 on March 9, 2010 at 2:15 PM

Proud RINO has a chicken he may share with you…

lovingmyUSA on March 9, 2010 at 2:45 PM

Pitchforker on March 9, 2010 at 2:04 PM

Rush did fight against Bush’s mistakes. Like amnesty for illegals. Like the Harriet Myers nomination. Like Bush’s policy of not responding to negative attacks (which came up on his show today, by the way).

Are those the mistakes of which you speak?

hawksruleva on March 9, 2010 at 2:46 PM

Massa needs to be on Beck’s show to spill his guts.

Let Massa talk.

Massa may be trying to deflect interest in himself to other people…. so what!

If Massa has information on what the he!! is going on in Congress…. spill it Massa, spill it ALL.

ms on March 9, 2010 at 2:46 PM

FloatingRock on March 9, 2010 at 2:40 PM

+ one trillion.

Cindy Munford on March 9, 2010 at 2:45 PM

You’ll have to go higher than that, as liberal spending has totally destroyed the inference that a trillion is something large. You’ll have to step up to something like a google … oh, the liberals have destroyed that number, too.

Nevermind :)

neurosculptor on March 9, 2010 at 2:47 PM

If I was a Democrat, the whole Massa situation would have me taking another look at the quality of candidates I’m being asked to vote for. Can’t the Democrats do better than Massa? For that matter, can’t they find a better candidate for President, or for Speaker of the House?

hawksruleva on March 9, 2010 at 2:48 PM

fastestslug on March 9, 2010 at 2:43 PM

Hahah…yeah the left NEVER had any questionable people on their shows that bashed Bush. Never.

Trust me, if they had had any dirt on the Bush administration at the time they would have been given a Pulitzer, poindexter.

ClassicCon on March 9, 2010 at 2:48 PM

Proud RINO has a chicken he may share with you…

lovingmyUSA on March 9, 2010 at 2:45 PM

*SNORT* *CHORTLE* *SNORT*

thomasaur on March 9, 2010 at 2:49 PM

rayra on March 9, 2010 at 2:44 PM

No revisionism. I didn’t sign off on an 8.1 trillion dollar entitlement that eclipsed anything the Welfare king LBJ concocted. I didn’t try to push wholesale amnesty on the American public. I didn’t lead the United States to an unquanitifiable and undeterminatable committment in the Middle East. People don’t like to hear the truth. There was a reason why his approval ratings plummeted into the 30s.
George W. Bush was as much a conservative as Obama is a classical liberal. :)

Pitchforker on March 9, 2010 at 2:50 PM

Beck says, “I don’t understand you people,”

LOL. That sounds rather like something, with it’s tone of disbelief, that Barack Obama would say when someone, somehow, didn’t recognize the brilliance of his latest escapade.

MB4 on March 9, 2010 at 2:51 PM

FloatingRock on March 9, 2010 at 2:43 PM

He certainly strikes me as the type that couldn’t keep them to himself on a bet. I will remain suitably skeptical since I don’t think he is above some embellishment, but that’s just greedy, he’s been a fountain of entertainment as it is.

Cindy Munford on March 9, 2010 at 2:52 PM

Frankly, I don’t even know what set Beck off in the first place.

What set him off his clear. MM didn’t recognize his brilliance.

MB4 on March 9, 2010 at 2:53 PM

What set him off his is clear.

MB4 on March 9, 2010 at 2:53 PM

neurosculptor on March 9, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Who thought that number would ever be passé?

Cindy Munford on March 9, 2010 at 2:54 PM

What set him off his clear. MM didn’t recognize his brilliance.

MB4 on March 9, 2010 at 2:53 PM

No, it was the criticism of an interview that hasn’t yet taken place. That was clear, if you were paying attention.

Pablo on March 9, 2010 at 2:55 PM

more and more Beck reminds me of that other brilliant and articulate guy

runner on March 9, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Are those the mistakes of which you speak?

hawksruleva on March 9, 2010 at 2:46 PM

Harriet Myers, I’ll give you. But Limbaugh, the same man who could make the left quake in their boots when he spoke, possessed the power to influence Bush in profound ways. Like him or not, Rush wields significant power which extends past the airwaves. He can destroy Republican politicians with his words. He should have kept the Bush Administration and the cluless Republican Congress in check instead of playing cheerleader (which he later admitted I might add).

Pitchforker on March 9, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Glen Beck will betray conservatives… just wait for it. i never trusted this guy.

moonbatkiller on March 9, 2010 at 2:57 PM

We alpha gays know how to play the game.
SouthernGent on March 9, 2010 at 2:22 PM

I heart alpha gays–have you thought about joining Hot Air Rendezvous Point on Facebook? We like to discuss things from here–there…and no one is hiding a hammer behind their back…

lovingmyUSA on March 9, 2010 at 2:58 PM

Will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest woman?
- King Henry Beck

MB4 on March 9, 2010 at 2:58 PM

moonbatkiller on March 9, 2010 at 2:57 PM

Don’t be silly. You probably said the same thing about John McCain, Lindsey Graham and Arlen Specter.

MB4 on March 9, 2010 at 3:00 PM

Hannity . . . I haven’t listened to him in so long.

MobileVideoEngineer on March 9, 2010 at 2:34 PM

(D)’s fault,
commercial,
tune into tonight’s TV show,
commercial,
(D)’s fault,
commercial.

I appreciate him prompting me to explore streamingradioguide.com and discovering post-Rush alternatives, but I don’t see how Hannity stays on the air.

rogerb on March 9, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Beck apologized. Furthermore I understand why he was ticked off. He is being stabbed in the back by some who ought to be colleagues on the right.
Personally I’m interested in what Massa has to say for the reasons Beck has cited. Your boss emeritus can parse this issue anyway she likes but a lot of us conservatives out here believe that Beck is being stigmatized as an insufficient conservative by some including Michelle and Levin (little scum-bag – There I said it!). Beck’s a good guy. Shut up.

Randy

williars on March 9, 2010 at 3:04 PM

I’m with Glenn Beck on this one. I want to hear what Massa has to say. Why is Michelle trying to tell Beck how to run his show? His ratings show he knows what he is doing IMO.

sarahpalinfan99 on March 9, 2010 at 3:04 PM

Massa’s complaints about Rahm’s strong-arm tactics have a solid ring of truth to them. So do his complaints about Democratic coercion when it comes to Cap and Trade abd to Health Care. Threats and intimidation are a hallmark of Obama Chi-town thuggery as Michelle knows all too well.

You know Massa would not have a national audience anywhere else. MS-NBC and CNN wouldn’t report any scandal about The One and Only-not even a double murder or multiple rape allegation.Even Bill O’Reilly, in his attempt to suck up to liberals to increase market share, is backing off Massa. Glenn Beck is the ONLY place wehere Massa can attract a large audience.Lighten up, Michelle!!

MaiDee on March 9, 2010 at 3:06 PM

rogerb on March 9, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Try Dennis Miller. http://www.talkstreamlive.com

daesleeper on March 9, 2010 at 3:07 PM

What set him off his clear. MM didn’t recognize his brilliance.

MB4 on March 9, 2010 at 2:53 PM

Pablo on March 9, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Where did I say that the interview had already taken place? He clearly thought that scheduling a whole hour with this weird guy was brilliant and MM did not concur and he took great umbrage at her impertinence.

MB4 on March 9, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Beck needs to learn apparently the hard way, never to trust a democrat.

Who says he’s TRUSTING him?

I can assure you that Glenn doesn’t trust Massa any farther than he can throw him. Maybe if he waterboarded him?

dicentra63 on March 9, 2010 at 3:08 PM

In an hour show he’ll be able to draw more info out than just single segment. (see Debra Medina)

thomasaur on March 9, 2010 at 3:09 PM

moonbatkiller on March 9, 2010 at 2:57 PM

1. How is he going to betray conservatives? For that matter, what would be considered betrayal of conservatives by Levin, Limbaugh, Hannity, etc.? They are opinion people. If one of them has an opinion that doesn’t agree with another conservative’s opinion, does that mean betrayal?

2. When did he ever say he wouldn’t “betray” (your word, not mine) conservatives? As far as I know, he’s always been about exposing corruption on either side of the aisle. You may not agree with him on his definition or examples of corruption, but he’s always willing to go after either side when HE feels they are wrong. The value of all the talk show hosts is that they give us their opinions and we choose to agree or disagree.

desertliving on March 9, 2010 at 3:11 PM

desertliving on March 9, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Desert living must be similar to mountain living in that we can form our own opinions after we have studied a particular issue and not waited for a particular pundit to tell us what we should think.

thomasaur on March 9, 2010 at 3:14 PM

Where did I say that the interview had already taken place?

Where did I say you said that? I didn’t. But Beck said that he was irritated over the criticism of an interview yet to happen, which you’d have caught had you been paying attention.

Did he say that? Or are you reading his mind?

Pablo on March 9, 2010 at 3:17 PM

nor did I ever think of it as backstabbing, as Beck seems to imply.

Dolchstosslegende.

MB4 on March 9, 2010 at 3:17 PM

lovingmyUSA on March 9, 2010 at 2:58 PM

Damn, I’m computer illiterate…if this link doesn’t work, go to facebook and type in Hot Air Rendezvous Point

lovingmyUSA on March 9, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Not with that attitude, you won’t. Some, luckily, are trying.

No, I’m not going to tell you that.

Rush doesn’t run a conservative charity. He is interested in his career, and in doing so, has helped the careers and spread of conservative values and ideas to more people than any other singularly-focused conservative short of Reagan. IMHO. Who comes close?

Good Lt on March 9, 2010 at 3:18 PM

ClassicCon on March 9, 2010 at 2:37 PM

This is what I see as the real problem – why should Rush (Glenn) do you what you (Michelle) or anyone else thinks he should do?

I think Rush (Glenn) should do what they choose to do for themselves, and that people like you (Michelle) should stop butting in and concerning yourselves with the choices they make for themselves. You come off as being rather empty when you do so.

Bizarro No. 1 on March 9, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Did he say that? Or are you reading his mind?

Pablo on March 9, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Well I don’t think he thought is was dumb, nor merely a B+.

MB4 on March 9, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Go go Michelle!

Decider on March 9, 2010 at 3:19 PM

williars on March 9, 2010 at 3:04 PM

It would be unfortunate if Mr. Beck thinks he is being stabbed in the back. I am pretty sure that his friends are just trying to give him a heads up on Mr. Massa’s unreliability and maybe that his acquaintance with the truth might be suspect. Rush mentioned today that Mrs. Malkin also reached out to him about Mr. Massa’s character. Do you think Mr. Beck was knew Ms. Medina’s reputation as a truther before inviting her on his show or did people fill him in after the invitation had been issued? I think he stated on the radio that it was after.

Cindy Munford on March 9, 2010 at 3:21 PM

MB4 on March 9, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Sorry, MB–even though we both listened to same tape–I clearly didn’t get that impression from Beck…

lovingmyUSA on March 9, 2010 at 3:21 PM

There’s more credibility in the COLB issue (which Beck denounced) than there is in promulgating Congressman Massage (D-Devil’s Spawn) as some kind of whistle blower.

Beck needs to wake up to the fact that he doesn’t have a perpetual font of credibility and can’t keep experimenting with zeitgeists.

Western_Civ on March 9, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Beck and Malkin are both heroes in my world.. Beck can do with his show as he pleases, and Michelle should do with her business as she pleases. We need them both. In this case, it’s Beck’s show and he can and will do as he pleases.

Keemo on March 9, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Well I don’t think he thought is was dumb, nor merely a B+.

MB4 on March 9, 2010 at 3:19 PM

That’s mighty thin gruel to base this statement on:

What set him off his clear. MM didn’t recognize his brilliance.

Pablo on March 9, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Beck is going way too far out on a very creaky limb here. MM is trying to keep us all from looking like the wackadoodle conspiracy theorists that the left claims us to be.

As Ed points out, there is a huge difference between interviewing Massa and making his claims the centerpiece of our arguments against this so called “health care reform”.

Laura in Maryland on March 9, 2010 at 12:51 PM

its not wackadoodle if it is true

bill30097 on March 9, 2010 at 3:24 PM

I might add this; Beck was way ahead of the game with his information and warnings. I literally tuned him out a few years back because I didn’t believe what he was telling us. As it turned out, I was wrong and Glen was right. I’m not making that mistake again.

Keemo on March 9, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Cindy Munford on March 9, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Yeah, and how did that work out? And did you catch the end of the conversation with Michelle when he asked her permission to use her research on Massa in his newsletter?

Pablo on March 9, 2010 at 3:26 PM

Amen to Thomasaur!

It drives me crazy when we argue who the better pundit is, or, worse yet, when we expect each other to think alike and get mad that our opinions differ. As if there is one kind of conservative. That’s the main reason I no longer listen to Levin. While I think he’s brilliant, once he started attacking Beck, I was done with him. Beck doesn’t have to agree with Levin, or vice versa. They have the freedom to be individual thinkers… and so do we.

desertliving on March 9, 2010 at 3:27 PM

Massa under investigation for allegedly groping male staffers

Joe Caps on March 9, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Oh how soon the Fox News hero has fallen. Hey Beck, better dig up more of that Van Jones footage instead.

Decider on March 9, 2010 at 3:27 PM

williars on March 9, 2010 at 3:04 PM

What’s the matter? Don’t you like it when Levin calls out Beck for using material without ever giving credit (plagiarism). I used to like Beck and some of the stuff he brings up now is important, but he has become insufferable since he started doing TV.

Sporty1946 on March 9, 2010 at 3:29 PM

Well I don’t think he thought is was dumb, nor merely a B+.

MB4 on March 9, 2010 at 3:19 PM

That’s mighty thin gruel to base this statement on:

Pablo on March 9, 2010 at 3:24 PM

So you don’t think he thought it was at all brilliant but decided to give him a full hour anyway?

I’m still going with he thought it was brilliant.

MB4 on March 9, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Go go Michelle!

Decider on March 9, 2010 at 3:19 PM

When Decider agrees with you it’s time to rethink your position, on anything.

thomasaur on March 9, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Massa is going to sing like Pavarotti now that the umbillical cord with the democrat party has been cut. He has no motivation to adhere to the guild’s code of secrecy any longer.

Pitchforker on March 9, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Decider on March 9, 2010 at 3:27 PM

nomnomnom…blargh!!!!!!
nomnomnom…
Fun times at Decider’s place

daesleeper on March 9, 2010 at 3:31 PM

I’m still going with he thought it was brilliant.

MB4 on March 9, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Right, because why listen to what he said was pissing him off when you can just assume something that fits your preconceived notions?

Pablo on March 9, 2010 at 3:32 PM

I am all for the interview but there has to be a disclaimer.

TheSitRep on March 9, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Funfunfun. Eliot Spitzer and… John Edwards urged voters to support Massa in a Robocall. Birds of a feather and all that.

Buy Danish on March 9, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Decider on March 9, 2010 at 3:27 PM

Maybe we’ll get lucky and a flying saucer will come to beam them BOTH up and drop them in a Martian zoo.

Dark-Star on March 9, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Michelle’s tone is the problem. Brittle.

AnninCA on March 9, 2010 at 3:34 PM

I got the impression that Rush thinks people should be very careful about getting close to Massa in anyway.

Terrye on March 9, 2010 at 3:35 PM

I am all for the interview but there has to be a disclaimer.

TheSitRep on March 9, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Well just to be consistent with that logic, there should be a disclaimer every time Obama opens his mouth.

Seriously. Don’t we all know that most of these people (politicians, pundits) are distorting the truth most of the time anyway?

Y-not on March 9, 2010 at 3:39 PM

Michelle’s tone is the problem. Brittle.

AnninCA on March 9, 2010 at 3:34 PM

I completely agree. She is too harsh and strident.

She should be forced to go on Red Eye until she lightens up!Red Eye appears to have been great therapy for Ann Coulter.

Bizarro No. 1 on March 9, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Y-not on March 9, 2010 at 3:39 PM

Y…all but the truly deluded know, even if only in their ‘secret hearts’, that 99% of those people are lying or at least severely distorting the fact every time they open their mouths.

The problem becomes trying to get the different groups to admit that about those they consider ‘on our side’.

Dark-Star on March 9, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Y-not on March 9, 2010 at 3:39 PM

On the left – always.

Sporty1946 on March 9, 2010 at 3:43 PM

Dark-Star on March 9, 2010 at 3:42 PM

On the right – not so much. Because they know that if they do it will hammered for weeks.

Sporty1946 on March 9, 2010 at 3:45 PM

Cindy Munford on March 9, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Maybe I’m wrong, Cindy, but Even before C-Pac I noticed an, um, disdain by some on the right for Beck’s populist conservativism. I jokingly call him “aka Elmer Gantry” because of his “come to the water” delivery, but I am a fan of his ferocious comic style, his thorough knowledge of the issues and problems we face, and their conservative solutions. In full disclosure I listen regularly to Rush, Beck, and Laura. I do listen to Levin when he isn’t being despicable, and Hannity when he isn’t talking about himself. I have followed and admired Ms. Malkin for many years. In short every one of our media spokespeople has their part to play. I’d rather they did so without throwing crap at one another.
NB – Whether he knew it or not, Beck exposed Ms. Medina as a nut – thank goodness.

Randy

williars on March 9, 2010 at 3:46 PM

Pablo on March 9, 2010 at 3:32 PM

I don’t do “preconceived notions”. All things should be seen exactly as they are and on a case by case basis. I’ve given Beck credit before, and even defended him – when I thought he deserved it. But that was then and this is now. Don’t be such a hero worshipper – sooner or later you will end up very disappointed.

MB4 on March 9, 2010 at 3:47 PM

Bizarro No. 1 on March 9, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Considering I am on Beck’s side then the only thing empty is your ability to comprehend.

Jesus how many times do I have to go over this. He can do whatever the fvck he wants to do as I have stated many times. However, I and others also every right to call him out on his phony convictions. When he actually puts some skin in the game then I will quit laughing when he starts thumping his chest about his concern for the republic. He has no wife, he has no children. His ass is covered, and when this country turns into raging sh1tstorm he will be the first one out on his Gulfstream without a moment of reservation.

He is obviously a great guy, but hell all he does now is regurgitate Drudge headlines and steal lines from Michael Savage of all people.

ClassicCon on March 9, 2010 at 3:48 PM

Breitbart has played the MSM almost to perfection. I have a feeling Beck is up to the same trick. If Messa sings about the goings on behind progressive communist closed doors; mission accomplished…

Keemo on March 9, 2010 at 3:48 PM

Sporty1946 on March 9, 2010 at 3:29 PM

I don’t like Levin when he’s being despicable. There’s a touch of short-person’s disease in that guy, and his occasional humility just makes the other crap harder to bear.
Randy

williars on March 9, 2010 at 3:50 PM

Decider on March 9, 2010 at 3:27 PM

And were is NeoComm Jones working these days?

Beck 1…Lefties 0

ClassicCon on March 9, 2010 at 3:50 PM

Who is this therightscoop? He says he used to work at Hot Air. Does that make him Bryan Preston, failing at going anonymous?

Al in St. Lou on March 9, 2010 at 3:52 PM

When Decider agrees with you it’s time to rethink your position, on anything.

thomasaur on March 9, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Michelle is my future wife so be careful.

Decider on March 9, 2010 at 3:52 PM

He is obviously a great guy (WTF?), but hell all he does now is regurgitate Drudge headlines and steal lines from Michael Savage of all people.

ClassicCon on March 9, 2010 at 3:48 PM

He may not even be the first one out, CC! Rush Lamebaugh is proclaiming how he’ll evacuate if Obamacare is passed. And unlike all the would-be “Bush expats”, he might actually do it because he wouldn’t arrive at his destination with no money or friends.

Dark-Star on March 9, 2010 at 3:53 PM