Obamateurism of the Day

posted at 8:05 am on March 1, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

We complain a lot about Barack Obama wanting to pick winners and losers, but this is getting ridiculous:

Maybe we can blame it on the Olympics — everyone goes for the gold! Seriously, though, when on national television, shouldn’t someone have supplied the President with a Kleenex?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

canopfor on March 1, 2010 at 9:36 AM

I know someone has mentioned this to you before.

You may not care, but I don’t read your posts because you won’t use the quote option. It makes it difficult to figure out what’s what.

keebs on March 1, 2010 at 10:03 AM

OK, it wasn’t really a “pick”. More like a flick or something.

Jerry Sienfield lost a girlfriend over less.

BetseyRoss on March 1, 2010 at 10:04 AM

First Sweden, then N.J. then Virginia, then Mass. then Reid in las vegas now the olympic hockey finals—— the guy can’t pick a winner or help out a loser!!!

ndulik on March 1, 2010 at 10:05 AM

He’ll be screaming NO PICK NO PICK like the Seinfeld episode

ndulik on March 1, 2010 at 10:07 AM

It’s considered a “pick” if he broke the plane. It looks like he broke the plane!

DJ from MA on March 1, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Definitely a “pick”. Look at his expression immediately after.

msactionjackson on March 1, 2010 at 10:35 AM

Check under the top of his desk. I betcha there are boogers and chewed up Nicorette gum stuck on the bottom.

ziggyville on March 1, 2010 at 10:42 AM

It’s all Bush’s fault. I question the timing. You’re a racist.
(Did I forget any?)

rmgraha on March 1, 2010 at 10:46 AM

Ok, whom ever Obama patted on the back, or touched afterward, is carrying around the holiest of holy boogies, from the One!

capejasmine on March 1, 2010 at 10:58 AM

He always shakes with the right and pats with the left(when not bowing)but he always pats. It’s annoying. It’s like congeniality class 1A. He picks with the right so———the shakee should check the back of his hand.

ndulik on March 1, 2010 at 11:06 AM

He was really intending to flip off someone again, but without TOTUS, he got confused.

mwdiver on March 1, 2010 at 11:20 AM

You rubes, he was just showing sympathy to the Australian great, who did the same thing on TV.

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2010 at 11:24 AM

Is Barry any relation to Judge Elihu Smails. $50.00 says he eats it…

USMCDevilDog on March 1, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Maybe he was digging for gold, being that gold is at a all time high.

USMCDevilDog on March 1, 2010 at 11:36 AM

Obama stops exploration of space and leads the charge for new frontiers to explore…

Hog Wild on March 1, 2010 at 11:39 AM

It looked like a keeper to me…

karl9000 on March 1, 2010 at 11:54 AM

“I’m your boogie booger man”

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2010 at 11:59 AM

If it is big enough, does it get its own Secret Service detail?

Laura in Maryland on March 1, 2010 at 12:08 PM

Jerome Horwitz:I’m going to bet,that Obama uses the pick
nose,as a form of the Stealth Middle Finger!

canopfor on March 1, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Have to agree with you there. Obama was deliberately making a social statement with that gesture, aimed at the speaker to whom he was listening, supported by the fact that he looked down to see where the booger dropped, and followed it with a small eye-gesture of self-satisfaction.

The man is a miscreant, with no couth whatsoever. Obama’s attitude is that he “won”, and that gives him a blank check to say and do whatever he darn well pleases, because what can anyone do? It’s not like we can fire and replace him before the end of his term. That’s the most frustrating thing at this point, and he knows it.

KendraWilder on March 1, 2010 at 1:15 PM

I don’t know–it looks like an itch to me. When my mild (thank heaven) allergies act up, my nose itches. Fortunately, my mother taught me how to use a hankie to surreptitiously scratch. I wish Obama’s mother had taught him the same–his way is not very becoming.

DrMagnolias on March 1, 2010 at 1:25 PM

I just heard that the to-be-released movie “Pookies Booger” is going to have competition on opening day.

Darn if they didn’t make a sequel: “Indiana Jones and the Quest for the Messiah’s Goober”

Yoop on March 1, 2010 at 1:29 PM

My four year old has better manners. At least he didn’t wipe it on the table, I guess.

Alden Pyle on March 1, 2010 at 2:15 PM

here comes the booger czar

skeedro on March 1, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Even gives himself the finger!

chickasaw42 on March 1, 2010 at 5:15 PM

It was a pick…there was a quick look to check the “prize”.

joe btfsplk on March 1, 2010 at 5:39 PM

yes, he’s our Boogie Knight in shinning armor.

scituate_tgr on March 1, 2010 at 8:33 PM