Quotes of the day

posted at 9:30 pm on February 28, 2010 by Allahpundit

“House Speaker Nancy Pelosi urged her colleagues to back a major overhaul of U.S. health care even if it threatens their political careers, a call to arms that underscores the issue’s massive role in this election year.

“Lawmakers sometimes must enact policies that, even if unpopular at the moment, will help the public, Pelosi said in an interview being broadcast Sunday the ABC News program ‘This Week.’

“‘We’re not here just to self-perpetuate our service in Congress,’ she said. ‘We’re here to do the job for the American people.’”

***
ALEXANDER: …[T]he difference here is that there’s never been anything of this size and magnitude and complexity run through the Senate in this way. There are a lot of technical problems with it, which we could discuss. It would turn the Senate — it would really be the end of the United States Senate as a protector of minority rights, as a place where you have to get consensus, instead of just a partisan majority, and it would be a political kamikaze mission for the Democratic Party if they jam this through after the American people have been saying, look, we’re trying to tell you in every way we know how, in elections, in surveys, in town hall meetings, we don’t want this bill.

***
“‘Bipartisanship is a two-way street,’ House Speaker Nancy Pelosi declares in an interview airing Sunday on CNN’s State of the Union.

“‘But let me say this,’ Pelosi continues, ‘The bill can be bipartisan, even though the votes might not be bipartisan, because they [Republicans] have made their imprint on this.’”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

They are on a kamikaze mission. They think that if they pass it, even if Republicans win in November, it will never be repealed. Eventually they think they’ll come back even stronger.
Given the immortality of government programs, and the spinelessness of Republicans, they could be right.

Iblis on February 28, 2010 at 11:09 PM

did she get another facelift? she looks odd. On the issue, or kind of on point, why does she not give up her & her husband’s MASSIVE fortune first to the dead beats, to set an example, then maybe I will consider giving some of my $ to insure dead beats.immigrantchick on February 28, 2010 at 10:19 PM

I don’t think she had another face lift. I don’t see a goatee.

Aviator on February 28, 2010 at 11:11 PM

Kamikze? More like suicide bombers. Remember, they won’t just take out themselves.

Rightwingguy on February 28, 2010 at 11:11 PM

I’m actually not sure whether I need to go grab popcorn or run for the hills on this one.

Rightwingguy on February 28, 2010 at 11:12 PM

daesleeper on February 28, 2010 at 11:06 PM

Nope, I’m in Ohio.
I would have liked to go to a TP anniversary, however.

justltl on February 28, 2010 at 11:12 PM

I don’t think she had another face lift. I don’t see a goatee.

Aviator on February 28, 2010 at 11:11 PM

I hear she had her chest and neck waxed though.

thomasaur on February 28, 2010 at 11:12 PM

Nancy “Groundhog Day” Pelosi, except that she learns nothing with every repetition.

Keep massaging that sick rodent, Nan!

profitsbeard on February 28, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Iblis on February 28, 2010 at 11:09 PM

That’s why they have to kill this bill now. If it passes, it will be hard to repeal because it will become status quo.

Rightwingguy on February 28, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Pelosi: “Once the serfs see what we’ve done for them, they will love us for it.”

David2.0 on February 28, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Stunning. What can ya say?

ddrintn on February 28, 2010 at 11:17 PM

Where are crr666,grow fins, and race card to defend queen nancy? I think it is terrible that she is getting piled on w/no one to come to her rescue.

crr666 is catching up on his reading of Archie and Jughead comics, grow fins neighbor shut off the open wifi router she had been stealing internet off of for a year and a half, race card is at the Axelrod astroturf masturbation festival for the weekend.

Aviator on February 28, 2010 at 11:19 PM

I hear she had her chest and neck waxed though.

thomasaur on February 28, 2010 at 11:12 PM

I guess that explains her receding hairline.

Aviator on February 28, 2010 at 11:21 PM

How do we get a court to order a complete psychiatric review of this person? Beginning to see how she could have a $1000/week booze habit.

jukin on February 28, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Getting Pelosi overload now. Seriously, I know she’s one of the most despicable politicians of all time and she’s out to do serious harm to this great nation and must be stopped but gah, I’m getting sick of seeing her face.

Yakko77 on February 28, 2010 at 11:25 PM

justltl on February 28, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Now that’s a Rabbit Hole I wouldn’t follow.

Kini on February 28, 2010 at 11:25 PM

It’s the end of the month.

They’ll be back after the 1st of March when they cash their checks.

David2.0 on February 28, 2010 at 11:28 PM

You cannot be a true patriot and follow Pelosi, Reid or Obama.

Star20 on February 28, 2010 at 11:28 PM

“75% of Americans want Congress to start over on this bill….”

Pelosi: “Yes, but we have a responsibility to America…”

Errrrrr….Yeah, how about a responsibility to listen to us and act within what we tell to do, and not do.

Extraordinary arrogance.

Certifiable Whack Job.

ted c on February 28, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Kamikaze Nancy,

Would she put herself and her own family in the plan she has for us.

Not likely.

Kini on February 28, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Don’t worry guys, I’m sure after all of this Ms. Pelosi will present us all with a giant red button that says “Reset” on it.

And the skies will open and all will rejoice!

Yeah, I need to take a shower after that, I feel dirty *shudder*

Ingenue on February 28, 2010 at 11:34 PM

daesleeper on February 28, 2010 at 11:06 PM

BTW, I enjoyed your comments over on the suicide thread.
One day, I was having an extra crappy time at work.
I ran into a friend who knew what was going on.
I started to sing (in a faux pathetic, teary-like voice) that song “Zippity do dah, zippity aye…plenty of sunshine headin’ my way.”

She looked at me and said, “That ain’t sunshine. That’s the shit train.”

Cracked me up. When things are going to shit, nothing’s worse than someone with an ‘Up Up with People’ kinda attitude. Thought you might enjoy that.

justltl on February 28, 2010 at 11:36 PM

Heh, an explanation of the origin of the first plague pandemic:

During these times, there was a pestilence, by which the whole human race came near to being annihilated. Now in the case of all other scourges sent from heaven some explanation of a cause might be given by daring men, such as the many theories propounded by those who are clever in these matters, for they love to conjure up causes, which are absolutely incomprehensible to man… But for this calamity, it is quite impossible either to express in words or to conceive in thought any explanation, except indeed to refer it to God… It started with [the Egyptians who dwell in] Pelosium. – Procopius

atheling on February 28, 2010 at 11:36 PM

Kamikaze Nancy

Wish she were Hari Kari Nancy.

atheling on February 28, 2010 at 11:39 PM

After listening to her words
I think

Pelosi really needs to put on some lipstick

macncheez on February 28, 2010 at 11:40 PM

This is insane. Pure insanity.

darii on February 28, 2010 at 11:40 PM

OT: Supreme Court Guns Case Preview

I imagine it’ll be 5-4 one way or another… even though the intent of the 2nd Amendment is clear and it shouldn’t be something debated in the USSC at all and even being up for review should be 9-0 in favor of the 2nd Amendment being an individual Right but liberalism is truly a mental disorder and a dangerous one at that as they seek to disarm us all.

Yakko77 on February 28, 2010 at 11:40 PM

justltl on February 28, 2010 at 11:36 PM

Well thank you, Disturb the Universe certainly didn’t get it… I was nearly apoplectic trying to derive the permutation of words that might elucidate the real situation to him/her.

Depression is a real sonofabish…I reckon I can be aptly painted into the Sarte absurdity camp.

daesleeper on February 28, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Hey Pelsoi, your argument is INVALID.

darii on February 28, 2010 at 11:42 PM

If Nancy had a thousand shoes in her closet, her Imelda Marcos impersonation would be perfect.

RBMN on February 28, 2010 at 11:44 PM

I think she meant to say, “We’re here to do a job on the American people.”

DrStock on February 28, 2010 at 9:50 PM

I had the same thought; for a broader understanding of the phrase “doing the job,” read The Godfather.

massrighty on February 28, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Wish she were Hari Kari Nancy.

atheling on February 28, 2010 at 11:39 PM

Could you imagine if Naughty Nancy was working for Mitchell Brothers O’Farrell Theatre?

Kini on February 28, 2010 at 11:47 PM

No, no, you got it all wrong. Mamma Nancy knows what’s good for us children even if we don’t. As we become more ‘grown up’ and have children of our own, we’ll finally understand. /s

docdave on February 28, 2010 at 11:47 PM

So, while Nancy is safe in her San Francisco seat, she orders vulnerable Dems to be strapped into Zeros and crash into the nation’s health care system. Yeah, that’s really thoughtful, there Madame Boxtox, I mean, Speaker.

darii on February 28, 2010 at 11:52 PM

Nancy must keep her constituents on heavy medication, why else would they continue to vote for this foolish person

Kini on February 28, 2010 at 11:52 PM

And the job you are supposed to do is represent the people who elected you and sent you to Congress.

Your job is not to represent the President or the party.

Now Nancy when you lockout the Repubs from the process, who are you disrespecting?
That Congressperson or EVERY American in that Congressperson district?

Nancy, who the heck are you to decide who represents me?

“We The People”, Nancy decide who represents us, not you!

This is the first Congress in 220 years that has cut off the opposition party from doing the job “We The People” sent them there to do!

If this isn’t a crime it should be!

BTW Nancy, if its so hard to get things done when you include everybody, news flash!

It’s suppose to be hard!

DSchoen on February 28, 2010 at 11:54 PM

justltl on February 28, 2010 at 11:03 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I was so not expecting that and just spit my drink on my keyboard. New one please!

Yellowdog12 on February 28, 2010 at 11:56 PM

Meh. This is all for the benefit of the nutroots so that they will stay on the reservation. The dems have nothing left. They have to at least say they went the distance before the thing collapses on them. I imagine that in districts the likes of where Pelosi hails, there are people even further to her left who could put up a serious challenge in the face of her failure. Remember how steamed conservatives were at Bush for some of his betrayals? Magnify that by about 10, and you can get a sense of how the Birkenstock crowd is reacting right now.

ObjectionSustained on February 28, 2010 at 11:57 PM

Nancy obviously is clueless to the fact her President considers her to be his most useful..idiot.

She, in her heart, believes this crap, failure after failure after sad failure.

Its the liberalist disease, holding the same failed ideology, watching it fail every time its tried and trying again and again, expecting different results.

She’s the narcissist authoritarian wannabe’s fondest dream come true.

Speakup on March 1, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Now that’s a Rabbit Hole I wouldn’t follow.

Kini on February 28, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Egad!
Sun dried sardines and patchouli came to my mind.
I’ll need some cerebral Chlorox now.

justltl on March 1, 2010 at 12:01 AM

If Pelosi thinks the backlash would be limited to voting the bastards out, she’s beyond delusional.

Tyranny warrants a vigorous response.

Maquis on March 1, 2010 at 12:04 AM

She’s the narcissist authoritarian wannabe’s fondest dream come true.

Speakup on March 1, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Marie Antoinette – Let them eat Obamacare

Actually, I rather like the Bela Pelosi suck the life out of the American people analogy.

Kini on March 1, 2010 at 12:04 AM

Yellowdog12 on February 28, 2010 at 11:56 PM

Thank you.
I appreciate it.

justltl on March 1, 2010 at 12:06 AM

Sun dried sardines and patchouli came to my mind.
I’ll need some cerebral Chlorox now.

justltl on March 1, 2010 at 12:01 AM

I’m thinking more like armpit.

Kini on March 1, 2010 at 12:06 AM

Kini on March 1, 2010 at 12:04 AM

If she were head of the dog catchers dept. it would be pitiful, as madame speaker she’s causing horrible suffering to a great many people.

Speakup on March 1, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Ms. Pelosi, you are inviting revolt. Tread carefully. No one recognizes the trip wires until they’ve been sprung.

Mason on March 1, 2010 at 12:10 AM

A part of me will never quite forgive the American people for making that despicable idiot the Speaker of the House. She makes Dubya look like Einstein.

Django on March 1, 2010 at 12:12 AM

The Democrats put forth all these carzy people like Pelosi, the denture lady, Reid, Sanders and Gibbs so that we don’t take them seriously and think yea they are bat sh!t crazy but harmless…I don’t think so… I think we are under attack and don’t realize it…

CCRWM on March 1, 2010 at 12:16 AM

Speakup on March 1, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Pelosi is like feeding a dog on his own tail. It won’t fatten the dog.

Kini on March 1, 2010 at 12:18 AM

Django on March 1, 2010 at 12:12 AM

Actually, the American people have nothing to do with electing the Speaker of the House.

But I agree and share with your anger.

Kini on March 1, 2010 at 12:20 AM

The question: will democrats lose seats?

Answer: Um, yes.

Better question: will democrats have any seats?

Mojave Mark on March 1, 2010 at 12:22 AM

Remember, she represents San Fransisco. It’s a very nice place until you see some of the most vile and disturbing things you have ever seen! My guess is that Nancy dose not go downtown very much.

shorebird on March 1, 2010 at 12:23 AM

Remember, she represents San Fransisco. It’s a very nice place until you see some of the most vile and disturbing things you have ever seen! My guess is that Nancy does not go downtown very much.

shorebird on March 1, 2010 at 12:23 AM

Mojave Mark on March 1, 2010 at 12:22 AM

The second question: Will Dems pull that trigger on Pelosi roulette

Kini on March 1, 2010 at 12:24 AM

shorebird on March 1, 2010 at 12:23 AM

Stay out of the Castro district.

Kini on March 1, 2010 at 12:25 AM

The House is polling pretty low in the Rasmussen Reports right now and I know that no one with a first name of Dorothy is allowed to work on her staff. Those are two thoughts that make Madame Speaker feel queasy right about now, A) a house falling on top of her, and B) buckets of water thrown in her direction by women named Dorothy. Otherwise, she’s content to be the standing on the curb dressed like a crosswalk attendant instructing her fellow members to go full speed ahead into oncoming traffic. So what if a bunch of her fellow democrats get ran over in the 2010 interim. In her mind, political fatalities are a fact of life and it is only a temporary setback measure so that something more important and permanent can be established in the name of socialism. Hypocrits are like that, yes they are. Pfft, a catholic in name only who believes in abortion for Christ sakes. How does a person live and breath in that dichotomy? This type of human being cannot be divided, for it will become all one thing, or all the other. Madame Speaker has embodied in herself all the other. Purgatory is the best she’ll do but she should get a wardrobe made out of asbestos just in case.

I’m terrible aren’t I? LOL

Americannodash on March 1, 2010 at 12:42 AM

Wish she were Hari Kari Nancy.

atheling on February 28, 2010 at 11:39 PM

You read my mind, that’s exactly what I thought right after I saw “kamikaze”

shorebird on March 1, 2010 at 12:23 AM

Everyone tries to convince me it’s beautiful, including the “I will never visit the South because it’s just a bunch of red neck hicks sweating it up on their front porches.” It’s one of the reasons I hope my husband’s stay at home job pans out because all his job offers are in San Francisco and Philadelphia. I think I’d take Philadelphia over San Francisco though =/
Not to mention I don’t appreciate that she still is being given communion despite her politics which should have gotten her excommunicated a WHILE ago.

Ingenue on March 1, 2010 at 12:45 AM

Nancy is a pillar in her community.
A pillar of salt.

dragondrop on March 1, 2010 at 12:51 AM

But I agree and share with your anger.

Kini on March 1, 2010 at 12:20 AM

The hell they don’t. The voters gave the Dems the majority in the House in ’06 and, after sampling Pelosi’s nitwit speakership, increased the Dem majority thereby keeping Pelosi in a position to **** this country for an additional two years.

Django on March 1, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Ingenue on March 1, 2010 at 12:45 AM

I would chose Philly in the summer and San Fran in the Winter. Both have their charms. /sarc on

However, the Catholic church needs to step up to the plate and begin to hold the tongue that received the Eucharist to the fire that promotes the death of the unborn.

But they’re too worried illegals not having the right to steal our money and squat on our properties.

Sanctuary for the undeserved. /sarc off

Kini on March 1, 2010 at 1:01 AM

Nancy is a pillar in her community.
A pillar of salt.

dragondrop on March 1, 2010 at 12:51 AM

Salt is useful…..I would suggest a different ‘s’ word.

Fighton03 on March 1, 2010 at 1:04 AM

I loathe that woman.

russcote on March 1, 2010 at 1:10 AM

Hot Air now has six pictures up of the wicked witch of the west.

Arrrrgh!

Dhuka on March 1, 2010 at 1:12 AM

Pelosi is like feeding a dog on his own tail. It won’t fatten the dog.

Kini on March 1, 2010 at 12:18 AM

No, they just crap up the place.

Speakup on March 1, 2010 at 1:12 AM

The hell they don’t. The voters gave the Dems the majority in the House in ‘06 and, after sampling Pelosi’s nitwit speakership, increased the Dem majority thereby keeping Pelosi in a position to **** this country for an additional two years.

Django on March 1, 2010 at 12:55 AM

But it was the members of the House of Representatives, the Democrat majority dominating the House, that made Bela Pelosi the House leader (if that could be rationally explained).

The American people had nothing to do with the election of Mrs. SanFran Treat. That’s my point, our representatives did that. We didn’t vote for Mrs Count Chocula. They did.

Admonished they should be.

Kini on March 1, 2010 at 1:15 AM

ObjectionSustained on February 28, 2010 at 11:57 PM

Actually, the Code Pink types have been picketing her home for years because she is not leftist enough for them.

Aviator on March 1, 2010 at 1:17 AM

obvious. cliche. inmates. asylum.

ksrtrd05 on March 1, 2010 at 1:21 AM

No, they just crap up the place.

Speakup on March 1, 2010 at 1:12 AM

One should never eat where they crap

One should know crap when we elect it to office

Kini on March 1, 2010 at 1:21 AM

ok the dems can never ever say anything aboutPalin being dumb after listening to Pelosi. she makes turnips look smart.

How could this wona get to this position of power. it boggles the mind.

unseen on March 1, 2010 at 1:39 AM

somebody fact check this for me… based on the premise that every developed nation in the world has “universal healthcare”, it seems the reason the dems are ready to fall on their swords is this:

Barry-o must get this while he is here so he can then “unite” / enslave the rest of the world when he becomes king and rules at the UN. And that day IS coming. His ultimate goal is to get this one issue passed because this is what the central banks must have for a take over… universal healthcare. Once they have that, they have everything. Between that, global warming treaties, and one world currency, by the time he gets his post at the UN, it will all be in place for our new “one world government”.

Nancy, and the rest of the gang have been promised seats at the table.

The Dead Terrorist on March 1, 2010 at 2:57 AM

Except that Crazy Aunt Code Pink Nancy never supports anything that threatens her seat in her Code Pink San Francisco district, so she’s full of sh!t.

Hey Nutball Nance – it would “help the public” if we rolled back government spending to 1966 levels; will you be sponsoring that bill?

Jaibones on March 1, 2010 at 4:17 AM

While most of the Dems screw their pants on and sound suspiciously copy-catting “lame points”, I have noticed some, a few, mind you, who actually sound sound, intellectual and interested. I cannot believe this, even though small minority. would stand behind anything this mega-bitch witch, with the leanest of brains but major self-important puffery and complete with total nonsense in any situation would come out and vote and support her. But, I’m still naive.

betsyz on March 1, 2010 at 4:19 AM

Here is how kamikazies were dealt with in WWII: lots and lots and lots of flak was thrown up in their path. We’ve been doing it quite well and we cannot stop now.

With the flak congress has been getting over these two bills (Senate and House versions), my advice to any democratic legislators who wish to respond to Nancy and Harry would be to tell them, “After you! Lead from the front!”

They are desperate; it is not a question of how many seats they’ll loose, it is a question of how big will republican majorities be in the House and Senate come November.

Bubba Redneck on March 1, 2010 at 4:23 AM

I do believe this was the same point of view held by the Fascist Regimes of both Germany and Italy prior to the beginning of World War II.

They too enacted policies that were also unpopular at the time, under the illusion that they would help the public.

Problem was, they didn’t help anyone. And the policies enacted became nightmares whose repercussions are still felt even today.

So it surprises me little that this latest bit of idiocy would emerge from between the teeth of this foolish woman.

She is indeed a very very poor student of history.

pilamaye on March 1, 2010 at 4:40 AM

Late 2008, I was pretty sure that we were all going to be in for a rough recession, made a bit worse than it needed to be by the noises coming out of the new administration.

But, doable, if unpleasant. Probably won’t last longer than a year or two… Buckle down, ride it out…

Early 2009, I held on to the hope that, despite the ideological propaganda coming out of D.C., I could at least rely on the shrewd pecuniary instincts of the typical politician to refrain from “killing the goose that lays the golden eggs”.

With the passage of the Stimulus Bill, I was put on notice…

They really ARE willing to kill the golden goose.

It’s taken almost a year, I’ve worked 4 jobs at the same time at one point to just keep up, but now it’s come to the point that Congress has sucked so much oxygen out of the economy that even the lowliest fringe participant in the retail Grocery sector may become homeless.

There just is not enough work out there.

Not for the little people who might help firms become “more profitable”.

Apparently, making a profit is an EVIL thing right now and so businesses who employ people who do nothing more than increase their EVIL PROFITS should “do the right thing” and decrease those workers’ hours down to nothing.

I dunno…

I’ve always understood it that when I was paid for a job, it was because the business that hired me made some money as a result of my services and the excellent execution thereof…

I am well and truly #$%^’ed if my ability and propensity to increase the PROFITS of a business are viewed as a liability.

Who on earth will hire me now?

In this political economy?

Any firm that I might sign onto might make a profit and thus be fair game to be destroyed by the government.

Better I starve to death than help an EEVIL corporation according to Pelosi.

Deety on March 1, 2010 at 4:46 AM

The Kamikaze line is “If you’re going down in flames, might as well take out something big.”
Never though I see the day a Speaker of the House would think of America as a target to destroy.

NaCly dog on March 1, 2010 at 5:09 AM

The way Nance talks to and about the American public is disgusting.

I’m an elementary school teacher. I peeked on the Organizing For America website to read the hilarious “radio talking points”. It reminded me of the language of elementary school, as if it were purposely written for third graders. I know, I know–many O-bots DO read on a third grade level. But Dems think we all do. That they know what is best for us, and by golly, out of the goodness of their hearts they’re going to give it to us, whether we want it or not.

I know many of you are rolling your eyes at me. “No kidding, Grace, do tell.” I’ve been conservative for fifteen years now, but it is eye-popping to see just how deep, deep down the disdain for the American people runs in these Congressional criminals. It is shocking to this American…and I’m fairly politically informed.

Many, many people–who are not as informed as me–just don’t understand the contempt politicians harbor for the workaday American.

I hope that we’re finally heard loud and strong in 2010. The electoral process isn’t dead yet–though Dems will wish it was next November.

Grace_is_sufficient on March 1, 2010 at 5:47 AM

Just more evidence that liberalism/progressivism is now a documented mental disease. They need to be committed to an asylum.

Sporty1946 on March 1, 2010 at 6:08 AM

The hubris of this b1tch is astounding. Not to mention the filthy lying coward in the White House and his weekend “lets get this done” radio address. These traitors are completely deaf to the American public and they don’t care. May they go down in flames as a result.

highhopes on March 1, 2010 at 6:56 AM

“Lawmakers sometimes must enact policies that, even if unpopular at the moment, will help the public”

Sure Nancy: And tell me why this quote could not be identical to any quote from any one of a number of dictaors and despots throughout history. The very worse evils perpetrated by man are those that are impossed in the very name of man’s good. Such absurdities come to mind as: Abortion -it’s for the children. Tell me they don’t believe it!

Don L on March 1, 2010 at 6:58 AM

NaCly dog on March 1, 2010 at 5:09 AM

Kamikaze is less apt an analogy than Obama and his loyal lieutenants forcing the Dems to line up and drink the kool-aid in a Jonestown like suicide gesture. But, unlike Jonestown, the Dems at the top have no intention of joining the faithful in committing political death.

highhopes on March 1, 2010 at 6:59 AM

So,America is the US Fleet in the pacific,
and Nancy,is a Kamikaze Krazy Pilot,and the
MitchyB*tchy,er,Mitsubishi A6M zero will re
present the Liberal HealthCare Plan!!!!

Outstanding!!(sarc).

canopfor on March 1, 2010 at 7:21 AM

Sure Nancy: And tell me why this quote could not be…

Don L on March 1, 2010 at 6:58 AM

I’d actually be okay with the Senate releasing a statement like this since, as I understand it, the Senate was established to balance out the popular sentiment of the House. If anyone should be making statements against the president’s healthcare push it should be the Speaker of the House of Representatives. Pelosi is, after all, supposed to be leading We the People’s direct representation in D.C.

rogerb on March 1, 2010 at 7:28 AM

So,America is the US Fleet in the pacific,
and Nancy,is a Kamikaze Krazy Pilot,and the
MitchyB*tchy,er,Mitsubishi A6M zero will re
present the Liberal HealthCare Plan!!!!

canopfor on March 1, 2010 at 7:21 AM

canopfor – Nancy is Killer Queen…..off with your head!!!

yoda on March 1, 2010 at 7:29 AM

canopfor – Nancy is Killer Queen…..off with your head!!!

yoda on March 1, 2010 at 7:29 AM

yoda:Ya,except her house is stll dirty!!haha:)

Me,thinks,Nancy is this!
=============================

canopfor on March 1, 2010 at 7:45 AM

rogerb on March 1, 2010 at 7:28 AM

I’d be interested in Pelosi providing an example where the entire Congress, on a partisan basis, was ultimately lauded for passing unpopular legislation.

highhopes on March 1, 2010 at 7:46 AM

Me,thinks,Nancy is this!
=============================
canopfor on March 1, 2010 at 7:45 AM

canopfor, that was a good one!!!
Nancy is also a Reptile!!

yoda on March 1, 2010 at 7:54 AM

canopfor, that was a good one!!!
========================
Nancy is also a Reptile!!

yoda on March 1, 2010 at 7:54 AM

yoda: Hehe,you could be right!!:)

I dug this up!:)

canopfor on March 1, 2010 at 8:06 AM

I dug this up!:)
canopfor on March 1, 2010 at 8:06 AM

canopfor – dat iz a bad one!!! She is an ugly one.

yoda on March 1, 2010 at 8:09 AM

One idiot interviewing another idiot. What an interesting video. Candy Crowley, liberal reporter. Pelosi….well, just plain liberal scum.

afotia on March 1, 2010 at 8:23 AM

I can’t wait until we pry that gavel from her gnarly fingers.

kingsjester on March 1, 2010 at 8:30 AM

canopfor – dat iz a bad one!!! She is an ugly one.

yoda on March 1, 2010 at 8:09 AM

yoda: I was trying to find Nancy as a reptilian,er
Lizard person image!!:)

canopfor on March 1, 2010 at 8:43 AM

I can’t wait until we pry that gavel from her gnarly fingers.

kingsjester on March 1, 2010 at 8:30 AM

My guess is her days are numbered even if the GOP does not take control of the House from the little socialist children currently in charge. Think about it, what has she done as “leader”? Hoyer is just chomping at the bit to take over.

highhopes on March 1, 2010 at 8:45 AM

2 + 2 = 5, Winston . . .

ace tomato on March 1, 2010 at 9:14 AM

She is what we used to call senile. If it weren’t for botox and hair dye, it would be blindingly obvious. My mother is 87 and more lucid than Pelosi.

rockmom on March 1, 2010 at 9:17 AM

Commie-cause-ie.

justltl on March 1, 2010 at 9:22 AM

This cracks me up.

drjohn on March 1, 2010 at 9:36 AM

From Politico:

Health care: Pelosi and other top House Democrats say publicly that they have the votes to push through a comprehensive package, but privately, they know they don’t.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0210/33670.html#ixzz0gw2iOari

Dang Politico, you mean they are liars and don’t have a face saving exit strategy yet?
My favorite past quote from Nan back when unemployment was about half of what it is today:
“But Mr. President, where are the jobs?”

b3026 on March 1, 2010 at 9:41 AM