Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the week?
posted at 9:00 am on February 28, 2010 by Ed Morrissey
It’s that time again, when we have to pick the Obamateurism of the Week. Don’t think of it as a chore, like taking out the garbage before sending important guests out the door; think of it as a state of mind, even if it’s the wrong state. The important thing is to take credit for being productive with this poll while complaining that nothing ever actually gets done. Just keep everyone focused on you, so that when you tell a story that exposes your ignorance of a subject on which you claim mastery, you’ll still look … amateurish.
Previous 2010 “winners”:
- Obama claims 2 million jobs saved or created, website shows 590K
- Obama gripes about filibusters in a year with none … after having 60 seats in the Senate
- Obama says “corpse-man” for corpsman 3 times at Nat’l Prayer Breakfast
- Scolding the Supreme Court over ruling that he got completely wrong during SOTU
- People are unhappy with Obama’s performance because he didn’t get enough public face time to explain himself
- Suddenly jobs saved or created “never expected to be the public accounting of Obama’s goal to save or create 3.5 million jobs”
- Obama rushes home for minor injury to family friend, keeps golfing after EunuchBomber attack
Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.
Illustrations by Chris Muir of Day by Day. Be sure to read the adventures of Sam, Zed, Damon, and Jan every day!
Breaking on Hot Air