Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the week?

posted at 9:00 am on February 28, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

It’s that time again, when we have to pick the Obamateurism of the Week.  Don’t think of it as a chore, like taking out the garbage before sending important guests out the door; think of it as a state of mind, even if it’s the wrong state.  The important thing is to take credit for being productive with this poll while complaining that nothing ever actually gets done.  Just keep everyone focused on you, so that when you tell a story that exposes your ignorance of a subject on which you claim mastery, you’ll still look … amateurish.

Previous 2010 “winners”:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Going with the smart power Dalai Lama move.

rob verdi on February 28, 2010 at 9:05 AM

Oh, Acme Insurance. Hands down. That quote blew me away.

Here, let’s have it again:

When I was young, just got out of college, I had to buy auto insurance. I had a beat-up old car. And I won’t name the name of the insurance company, but there was a company — let’s call it Acme Insurance in Illinois. And I was paying my premiums every month. After about six months I got rear-ended and I called up Acme and said, I’d like to see if I can get my car repaired, and they laughed at me over the phone because really this was set up not to actually provide insurance; what it was set up was to meet the legal requirements. But it really wasn’t serious insurance.

I never get tired of that…

S. Weasel on February 28, 2010 at 9:06 AM

I guess if his lips move ,the statement either comes with an expiration date or is complete lunacy.
Americans demand the TOTUS.
Free us from the “psychobabble”

ELMO Q on February 28, 2010 at 9:09 AM

Another week, another difficult choice among so many good ones. Acme.

bikermailman on February 28, 2010 at 9:09 AM

My big question is how does he think he can get re-elected if no one has a job or can heat their house and the dollar collapses? After the 2010 elections would impeachment be an option?

tim c on February 28, 2010 at 9:09 AM

Missile defense / Perpetual Campaign button. Everything is about him.

Guardian on February 28, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Acme Insurance cause this guy is Wiley F’ing Coyote

Elizabetty on February 28, 2010 at 9:11 AM

Hadn’t heard the ACME Insurance lie yet.

His company would have repaired his car, charging him his deductible, then subrogated against the other driver’s company to recover their loss and his deductible.

Or the other company woulda paid everything.

Doesn’t IL have an insurance commissioner? A reporter oughta follow up to see if such insurance has ever been sold in IL: insurance that doesn’t pay claims where the liability is crystal clear, like a rear-end hit.

Why didn’t he sue?

Akzed on February 28, 2010 at 9:12 AM

Dalai Lama and the bags of trash….what a Kodak moment.

yoda on February 28, 2010 at 9:13 AM

Elizabetty on February 28, 2010 at 9:11 AM

What she said.

Chewy the Lab on February 28, 2010 at 9:14 AM

tim c on February 28, 2010 at 9:09 AM

Watch for the ‘emergency’.

bikermailman on February 28, 2010 at 9:14 AM

And this lie was told in front of congressmen and senators, half of whom are lawyers, on TV!

No one ever calls him on his lies to his face. No wonder he won’t hold a presser.

Akzed on February 28, 2010 at 9:15 AM

I had to vote for the logo.

When you want to stop the “He’s a secret Muslim” rumor and dispel the “He’s a meglomaniac” fear, you really want to design a logo that incorporates both your individual seal and the star and crescent.

Disturb the Universe on February 28, 2010 at 9:15 AM

I think Obama and the Turban ( Tort reform will cause 4800 deaths per year ) had a central theme…… ” Death Panels ”
Obama most likely had Liability insurance….the automobile insurance equivalent of a ” Death Panel ”
Fortunately we live in America , and our astute Media pointed out the hypocrisy ( After all it is only a death panel if a conservative speaks of it ) .
To bad Stupak and Palin were not invited to the Obamamercial( at least we did hear from Charlie ” I kinda forgot all those assets ” Rangel

ELMO Q on February 28, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Akzed on February 28, 2010 at 9:12 AM

Cool! A claims person :o)

Nice to meet a kindred

Key West Reader on February 28, 2010 at 9:18 AM

Akzed on February 28, 2010 at 9:12 AM

It’s even better than that, Akzed….he bought the legal minimum, which covers only the other vehicle. He’s a moron.

Patrick S on February 28, 2010 at 9:18 AM

tim c on February 28, 2010 at 9:09 AM

Impeachment is not supposed to be a makeshift recall procedure. If you want to recall Ogabe, amend the constitution to insert a recall procedure.

If you want to impeach Ogabe, then find a crime he’s committed (which shouldn’t be too hard; the Walpin firing might qualify).

needtoknow on February 28, 2010 at 9:19 AM

The Dalai Lame episode, because Obama is soooo into improving American image abroad.

OldEnglish on February 28, 2010 at 9:20 AM

I went with his gross misunderstanding of auto insurance. The depths of his misunderstanding of so many fundamental things far surpasses the average idiot liberal.

backwoods conservative on February 28, 2010 at 9:20 AM

though I thought the Dalai Lama incident was beyond the pale (like so many other horrid foreign policy rudenesses), I voted for the insurance story.

as former insurance agent, I explained liability ins & physical damage coverages to people for years. even 16 year olds got it. but i chalk it up to the superior mind of the Bubba.

kelley in virginia on February 28, 2010 at 9:22 AM

Or,he only had liability insurance on his car — not collision. It’s not at all unusual to forego collision on a “beat up old car”. And people called Bush stupid.

carl todd hand on February 28, 2010 at 9:23 AM

Acme Insurance.

ya2daup on February 28, 2010 at 9:24 AM

but back to the insurance thing: we’ve mentioned before that Bambi doesn’t seem to have any underlying “Americanist” beneath that arrogant stance.

there are so many “little” things he doesn’t get. and liability insurance is just one of them. they teach it in high school.

and just so you know Bambi, Bubba understands insurance & the Constitution.

kelley in virginia on February 28, 2010 at 9:24 AM

Patrick S on February 28, 2010 at 9:18 AM

That hadn’t occured to me – it’s even stoopider!

Akzed on February 28, 2010 at 9:25 AM

Poor Wile. E. Coyote, Super Genius. He is always getting stiffed by that mean old Acme company. It couldn’t possibly be that his PLANS were at fault, oh no, must be faulty equipment insurance.

Although, as a Harvard trained lawyer, you would think he would be harder to dupe. Don’t they teach contract reading in Harvard?

Lily on February 28, 2010 at 9:26 AM

…and more insidious. “They wouldn’t pay just because I didn’t have the right kind of policy.”

Akzed on February 28, 2010 at 9:26 AM

I chose Acme Insurance. Some of us noted the Dalai Lama trash trot last week, which was abominable. Maobama is giving Slow Joe a run for his money when it comes to being a witless lout and an empty suit.

The new missile agency logo flat out scares me. A mix of the Obama logo, the Islamic crest and communist imagery. We You have elected the enemy.

Philly on February 28, 2010 at 9:27 AM

My gosh, if only someone in the room had pressed him on this. Oh well, Helen Thomas will be all over it at the next presser.

Akzed on February 28, 2010 at 9:28 AM

I wouldn’t be surprised to find that he’s lying about who rear-ended who.

backwoods conservative on February 28, 2010 at 9:29 AM

Meep-meep. A lawyer can’t understand a contract. That’s some hope and change.

Philly on February 28, 2010 at 9:29 AM

Acme Insurance, for sure.

New slogan for 2012: “Meep meep! That’s all, Barry.”

Good Solid B-Plus on February 28, 2010 at 9:31 AM

Philly on February 28, 2010 at 9:29 AM

Great minds, and such.

Good Solid B-Plus on February 28, 2010 at 9:31 AM

Acme Insurance cause this guy is Wiley F’ing Coyote

Elizabetty on February 28, 2010 at 9:11 AM

Please . . . even the dumbest coyote is smarter than Barry.

AZCoyote on February 28, 2010 at 9:32 AM

Islamic crescent, that is. Waiter, more coffee, stat!

Philly on February 28, 2010 at 9:32 AM

Acme insurance quote made in front of millions upon millions of viewers around the world; this truly showcased how ill prepared Obama was for this summit, and how phony this man really is.

Keemo on February 28, 2010 at 9:32 AM

The insurance “misunderstanding” gets my vote, but the funniest thing is that it probably never happened at all. Just another Obamalie.

Christian Conservative on February 28, 2010 at 9:33 AM

Acme insurance, hands down.

Akzed on February 28, 2010 at 9:26 AM

Yes that is the scary part. Obama has no idea what he’s talking about but he’ll demonize the evil insurance companies anyway. It’s scary how much power this idiot has at his disposal.

Mord on February 28, 2010 at 9:34 AM

Christian Conservative on February 28, 2010 at 9:33 AM

Oh, no doubt, it’s a complete fabrication. Woven from whole cloth. “I won’t name the company” is O-speak for “I can’t name a company because I’m totally BS-ing this and if I happen to name a company that didn’t exist in the time period I’m specifying, people will know what a lying liar I am.”

Good Solid B-Plus on February 28, 2010 at 9:35 AM

Voted for the idiot insurance remark; but I really was more upset about how disrespectfully the Dalai Lama was treated.

I think we need an ObamOutrage of the Day in addition to the Obamateurism of the Day.

IrishEi on February 28, 2010 at 9:36 AM

New slogan for 2012: “Meep meep! That’s all, Barry.”

Good Solid B-Plus on February 28, 2010 at 9:31 AM

I like it. Start making T-shirts, bumper stickers and coffee mugs.

Philly on February 28, 2010 at 9:37 AM

Just in case you have not seen this, here is a video letter to President Obama from We The People. Be inspired and come to Tax Day Tea Party in DC, 4/15.

Christian Conservative on February 28, 2010 at 9:38 AM

Christian Conservative on February 28, 2010 at 9:33 AM

I agree. It’s seems to be an obvious “exaggeration” since so much is wrong with it, and so much was left out.

Deanna on February 28, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Christian Conservative on February 28, 2010 at 9:38 AM

Already put in for the vaca days, Christian. See you there!

We can’t ease up or give up, people. 4/15 needs to be even bigger than 9/12. We can do it. Yes. We. Can.

IrishEi on February 28, 2010 at 9:40 AM

“They wouldn’t pay just because I didn’t have the right kind of policy.”

Yes, Barry, insurance companies tend to be unwilling to pay out claims on policies you don’t actually have. So if, for example, you buy a liability-only policy because you’re driving an old clunker, then you can’t expect the insurance company to pay for your collision damage.

I realize it’s a very complicated concept for a brilliant Harvard-trained lawyer to understand, but maybe you can read up on it when you’re not too busy with something more important . . . like picking your nose or something.

AZCoyote on February 28, 2010 at 9:45 AM

Meep Meep!

Buy Danish on February 28, 2010 at 9:46 AM

The missile defense logo shows the absolutely colossal, unbounded, stratospheric arrogance of this man. If he and his minions are not above co-opting the first line of defense for the country as a tool to add to their own image then woe is us.

Missile defense / Perpetual Campaign button. Everything is about him.

Guardian on February 28, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Indeed.

davo on February 28, 2010 at 9:47 AM

Indeed.

davo on February 28, 2010 at 9:47 AM

Wait until you see the new presidential seal, it’s just Obie’s face with a golden halo.

Good Solid B-Plus on February 28, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Sending the Dalai out the door where there’s trash, after snubbing him completely on a previous visit was an example of what a bonehead Mr. President is. I’ll bet he wouldn’t have done that to Ahmajinedad.

scalleywag on February 28, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Easily Acme insurance.

I can understand confusing CO with CA. Afterall, we’ve had a bunch of those idiots move in with us from CA and now they’ve got us all screwed up here too.

boomer on February 28, 2010 at 9:51 AM

But Obama was entitled to be paid for his claim. He was supposed to get the money because…because…just because!

backwoods conservative on February 28, 2010 at 9:52 AM

I have always seen Obama as Wile E Coyote and Palin as the Road Runner.

Crux Australis on February 28, 2010 at 9:52 AM

This turd is about as smart as Wile E. Coyote

Barack H. Obama Supra Genius…

elduende on February 28, 2010 at 9:52 AM

Crux Australis on February 28, 2010 at 9:52 AM

lol.

elduende on February 28, 2010 at 9:53 AM

tim c on February 28, 2010 at 9:09 AM

The sad fact is, we are experiencing an “on the job vetting process” that daily exposes a president that may have never made it through the primaries had the national media not been enamored with a smooth talking community organizer with questionable skills.

Impeachment is not an option, (without an egregious criminal act), The best remedy available is to take back both the House and Senate, rendering the president to a lame duck status until 2012.

sidenote: I firmly believe that however this health care bill gets rammed into law—and the mandate language is still in the bill—it will be legally challenged in the courts as uncontstitutional.

Rovin on February 28, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Rovin on February 28, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Watch him move closer to the center after 2010.

boomer on February 28, 2010 at 9:55 AM

Watch him move closer to the center after 2010.

boomer on February 28, 2010 at 9:55 AM

He doesn’t have sense enough to move to the center. The Republican Congress will have to drag him there. He can talk a good game during the campaign, but he doesn’t know how to play one.

backwoods conservative on February 28, 2010 at 9:58 AM

This guy is clean, articulate and STUPID. This is much worse than misspelling potato or not knowing the price of a loaf of bread. Those were press club gotchas. Not knowing squat about insurance is self imposed stupidization. Especially when you want to convince someone you know how to reform the insurance industry. Pure B*** SH*****!

Red Bennet on February 28, 2010 at 9:58 AM

I was embarrassed and disgusted that he sent the Dalai Lama out the back door past the garbage (Out the back, Wu! /Al) but his ignorance as to how insurance actually works was very revealing. What a dummy.

Picking his booger and flipping off Paul Ryan (scary!) during the Big Medical System Show should also have been options. Really, there was enough fodder for an Obamateurism poll on the Big Medical System Show only.

Classy guy, our president! Dude wasn’t raised right.

Rae on February 28, 2010 at 9:59 AM

I was torn between the Dalai Lama trash-up and the insurance quote and went with the Dalai Lama because as they say, “a picture is worth a thousand words”. Most people have quit listening to Obama and so probably aren’t affected by what he says, but that picture sure says volumes.

texabama on February 28, 2010 at 10:01 AM

After the 2010 elections would impeachment be an option?

tim c on February 28, 2010 at 9:09 AM

Impeachment doesn’t work. Bill Clinton proved that. Not only was Clinton impeached, he was found ‘guilty’. Yet he ignored that and the will of the people, and went on to finish out his presidency. To this day he doesn’t consider it to have been a serious enough issue to have even warranted the impeachment trial.

Obama’s of the same narcissistic mold, and would turn any kind of impeachment trial into a three ring circus heavily painted in racial overtones. It would be a disaster. I’m afraid we’re sorta stuck with Obama until 2012.

KendraWilder on February 28, 2010 at 10:01 AM

I’m confused as to why him dressing down Senator McCain wouldn’t be on a weekly list of Obamateurisms. Or do we now just pass all moments of his narcissism as normal President Obama behavior?

hawkdriver on February 28, 2010 at 10:03 AM

“Acme insurance” probably deserves to win, but I was so offended by the treatment of the Dalai Lama That I had to vote for that one.

novaculus on February 28, 2010 at 10:04 AM

I had to go with the Acme Insurance anecdote, since he exposed his ignorance regarding insurance in general(even though health insurance is supposed to be his “signature issue”), on national TV, all while thinking he was making a point that was helpful to his cause. Plus, he proved he did not bother to read his auto insurance policy, or even pay any attention to what his insurance agent told him. Pretty good for a Harvard grad.

mbs on February 28, 2010 at 10:06 AM

hawkdriver on February 28, 2010 at 10:03 AM

Like I said, there was enough fodder from the Big Medical System Show alone for it to have its own poll. It was a gaffetastic PR disaster for him.

Rae on February 28, 2010 at 10:08 AM

When you spend your formative years in the military junta of Indonesia and your father and his family are from Kenya, then what do you expect him to learn about American daily life. Good grief, are you dense. Oh you voted for this guy, well…..

tarpon on February 28, 2010 at 10:08 AM

Hadda vote for the insurance fiasco. Oy.

So, under Ocare, would the comprehensive coverage option be considered a ‘cadillac plan’ ?
Hmmm.

pambi on February 28, 2010 at 10:08 AM

Maybe he’ll invite the guy who rear-ended him & Acme’s CEO to a beer summit. Oh wait… You can’t drink beer with fictional characters.

KS Rex on February 28, 2010 at 10:08 AM

ACME.

If the government had forced him to buy a gold-plated, one-size-fits-all policy which made no economic sense, he wouldn’t have been able to drive at all.

Or I suppose the government could have done something completely crazy, like take over the insurance companies, and the car companies, too, for that matter. Oh, wait…

Noel on February 28, 2010 at 10:10 AM

I had to go with insurance too. It’s always so hard to choose with this dolt. The insurance industry is his current enemy of the state and focus point so he can create a de facto socialist Amerika. It is by far the most dangerous subject at present and the one where the dhimmicrats can really hurt the US.

Mojave Mark on February 28, 2010 at 10:10 AM

Obummer = Wile E. Coyote, Genius

ACME, naturally

ladyingray on February 28, 2010 at 10:10 AM

backwoods conservative on February 28, 2010 at 9:58 AM

I didn’t say how he was going to be slid that direction. Though the implication is he won’t have a choice if he wants to look like he can get anything done. It will be his choice as to whether or not he becomes a lame duck. He made statement after statement about how partisan politics were going to change. Of course, we know how that’s working out. He’s going to have to move toward the center though if he even wants a snowball’s chance in hell of getting re-elected.

boomer on February 28, 2010 at 10:11 AM

Rae on February 28, 2010 at 10:08 AM

Ya, like being busted lying about the 10-13% increase in street policies. Then when he got caught with his pants down on that one the increase was “because the insurance will be better”. bzzt. Wrong again Mr. President.

boomer on February 28, 2010 at 10:13 AM

hawkdriver on February 28, 2010 at 10:03 AM

That was a big one. The President’s remark to Senator McCain might have been cute to the Democrats, but it was an obvious “kick to the solar plexus” to the Republicans and the Senator.

yoda on February 28, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Hey O-bots: he’s an ignoramus! Do you underst… oh, wait, you’re all ignoramuses, too!ya2daup on February 28, 2010 at 9:24 AM

Zing!Winner!

5u93rm4n on February 28, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Saw the Paul Ryan flip, but never saw the nosepick. QMG! This went around the world. Now on youtube. Thanks Barry.

katy the mean old lady on February 28, 2010 at 10:15 AM

It is not ideal but is it not possible to impeach him if we request his passport and found out that he had Indonesian passport for a duration of time however short?
Even a lame duck president can play havoc with our foreign policy. And he can veto anything coming from a Republican Congress/Senate.
Well, impeachment will make certain he does not run in 2012.

nyx on February 28, 2010 at 10:16 AM

backwoods conservative on February 28, 2010 at 9:52 AM

This semi-phony story reveals more about Obama than perhaps he’d like.

The basic storyline is always the same– honest, innocent, virtuous,hard-working, trusting minority person gets screwed by prevailing (white) power structure.

He then suggests that some version of this story has happened to his listeners, that they “know” what he’s talking about (the old bamboozle) and that that’s the lot in life for black Americans. In other words, he didn’t get his car repair paid for because he’s black,
and anything bad that happened to other minority people is because they are minorities.
In this way, he preys on his own people (1/2), and hates his other half, all the while subtly, and not so-subtly introducing race into everything.
He’s one sick MF.

JiangxiDad on February 28, 2010 at 10:16 AM

hawkdriver on February 28, 2010 at 10:03 AM

I’d say it’s because it wasn’t an amatuer move, more thuggish.

boomer on February 28, 2010 at 10:16 AM

needtoknow on February 28, 2010 at 9:19 AM

How about perjury and treason for his failure to uphold his oath of office?

gryphon202 on February 28, 2010 at 10:17 AM

Amazing that even the average everday american understands Liability insurance when the whiz kid prez can’t seem to understand it. I think that someone in the MEDIA should make it a mission to check back on that accident and his “Acme” insurance company and validate his statements. Let’s see how much truth is in his statements.

SgtRed on February 28, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Acme Insurance! Do you think we will hear about “Acme Insurance” in the near future, maybe as part of winning campaign ads? I sure think so!
Øbummer: the Precedent that keeps on giving …

ExpressoBold on February 28, 2010 at 10:20 AM

What blows my mind is that the whole room full of much more intelligent people acquiesced to the auto insurance story!!! GTFO!

Cybergeezer on February 28, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Meep-meep. A lawyer can’t understand a contract. That’s some hope and change.

Philly on February 28, 2010 at 9:29 AM

Even better (worse?), a lawyer who is president who doesn’t think contracts are binding. Although we’ve already seen lots of evidence of that.

ProfessorMiao on February 28, 2010 at 10:21 AM

He’s a moron.

Patrick S on February 28, 2010 at 9:18 AM

Yes, he is a moron, but his quote also shows he’s a hypocritical, cheap moron in buying bare minimum coverage. This Azzclown won’t let the moths out of his own wallet, but when it’s our dime??? Kobi beef, NY date nights, junket after junket, most ostentatious state dinner ever, all during what he calls the “Worst economic crisis since the Great Depression.”
I wish some journalist would compare average costs –or WH budgets–on either a daily, weekly, monthly, or even on various administrations for the last several. I betcha just the personal budget for the first family has sky rocketed…bTW: Anyone know how that budget is determined? Is it just carte blanche, or is there a set amount? Does congress appropriate, or do the bills just get submitted and paid? Sorry for my ignorance, can someone edumacate me?

Chewy the Lab on February 28, 2010 at 10:22 AM

One of his first presidential pardons will be himself.

Cybergeezer on February 28, 2010 at 10:23 AM

One of his first presidential pardons will be himself.

Cybergeezer on February 28, 2010 at 10:23 AM

As in “Pardon me for ruining the country?”

Good Solid B-Plus on February 28, 2010 at 10:26 AM

Brashness beats Balllessness

I think that someone needs to investigate the “accident”. It could be proof of (gulp) racism or great fodder for insurance reform.

But stupidity is an asset when it frees you from any inhibition.

His lack of brain was easily a smaller flaw than the lack of guts in the cowering conservative guys in the room.

IlikedAUH2O on February 28, 2010 at 10:26 AM

The new defense system logo…look he’s branding everything with his logo. Last time I looked we are not the United States of Obama.

I predict just like George W Bush in the end Obama will be happy to turn the reins over to whoever will take them at the end of his term…so he want’s to leave some hope and change graffiti behind?

Dr Evil on February 28, 2010 at 10:26 AM

gryphon202 on February 28, 2010 at 10:17 AM

What perjury and what treason has he commited? If you can prove it I bet a good portion of the US would be all over it.

boomer on February 28, 2010 at 10:28 AM

One of his first presidential pardons will be himself.

Cybergeezer on February 28, 2010 at 10:23 AM

If so, he will have to resign after the pardon. The protests will be massive otherwise. At least, he will leave the Oval Office before 2012.

nyx on February 28, 2010 at 10:29 AM

boomer on February 28, 2010 at 10:16 AM

That actually makes sense.

hawkdriver on February 28, 2010 at 10:30 AM

I fully expect to see that insurance Obamateurism in the finals for Obamateurism of the Year come December.

WashJeff on February 28, 2010 at 10:31 AM

“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

That’s his out! NO ABILITY!

Cybergeezer on February 28, 2010 at 10:31 AM

katy the mean old lady on February 28, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Right? :D But he picks his boogers with such elegance. /Sean Penn

Rae on February 28, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Went with insurance but only because it was the whole summit that was worthy of the award today.

jukin on February 28, 2010 at 10:34 AM

hawkdriver on February 28, 2010 at 10:30 AM

I guess AP or Mr. Morrissey needs to start a daily “thuggery thread”.

boomer on February 28, 2010 at 10:34 AM

Yo Dalai, uh, you a back door man..aah-ight?

Alden Pyle on February 28, 2010 at 10:35 AM

That’s his out! NO ABILITY!

Cybergeezer on February 28, 2010 at 10:31 AM

But he does have lie-ability.

backwoods conservative on February 28, 2010 at 10:37 AM

When did the Fool ever act to defend and protect the Constitution of the United States?

nyx on February 28, 2010 at 10:38 AM

Akzed on February 28, 2010 at 9:15 AM

Joe Wilson tried but was excoriated for it. So did Justice Stevens.

Really though, this lie wasn’t for the Senators, it was for the people watching on TV. Obama holds them in such contempt that he really thinks they won’t see the lies.

AZfederalist on February 28, 2010 at 10:39 AM