Pelosi: Hey, we Dems have a lot in common with those Astroturfing Tea Partiers, or something

posted at 11:55 am on February 28, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Judging by the e-mail we’re already getting on this, Nancy Pelosi’s combination of claim on Tea Party sensibility while attacking Tea Partiers themselves will probably be the story of the day. Via Newsbusters, CentristNet, Weasel Zippers, and probably everybody else, Pelosi continues to claim that Tea Parties are nothing more than Astroturf (in other words, fake grassroots), but she’s added a twist today. Now she says that Democrats have a lot in common with this apparent Astroturfing movement. And you’ll never guess what the primary motivation for these protests really are, according to the Speaker:

ELIZABETH VARGAS, ABC NEWS: Let’s talk a bit about the coming elections in November. You had recently– and the Tea Party movement, do you think it will be a force to be reckoned with? You had said last summer that it was a faux grassroots movement. You called it the Astroturf movement.

NANCY PELOSI, HOUSE SPEAKER: In some respects it is. Uh-huh.

VARGAS: Is the Tea Party movement a force?

PELOSI: No – No what I said at the time is, that they were — the Republican Party directs a lot of what the Tea Party does, but not everybody in the Tea Party takes direction from the Republican Party. And so there was a lot of, shall we say, Astroturf, as opposed to grassroots.

But, you know, we share some of the views of the Tea Partiers in terms of the role of special interest in Washington, D.C., as — it just has to stop. And that’s why I’ve fought the special interest, whether it’s on energy, whether it’s on health insurance, whether it’s on pharmaceuticals and the rest.

VARGAS: So, common ground with many people in the Tea Party movement.

PELOSI: Well, no, there are some. There are some because they, again, some of it is orchestrated from the Republican headquarters. Some of it is hijacking the good intentions of lots of people who share some of our concerns that we have about the role of special interests and many Tea Partiers, not that I speak for them, share the view, whether it’s — and Democrats, Republicans and Independents share the view that the recent Supreme Court decision, which greatly empowers the special interests, is something that they oppose.

Er, what?  How many who have attended Tea Parties have heard anyone decrying the Citizens United v FEC decision?  No wonder Pelosi had to throw in the caveat that “I don’t speak for them.”  She also hasn’t listened to them, again not exactly a surprise.

The Tea Parties got their start from the conclusion that Democratic policies would create a need for massive new taxes in the US, the growth of statist policy, and especially the attempt by Democrats to seize control of the health-care and energy sectors of the American economy.  Every Tea Party features speakers — both politicians and regular citizens — that address the need to reduce government interference in the lives of Americans, roll back federal spending, and reduce the burden that Washington places on the economy.  What exactly does that have in common with Pelosi’s radical-Left agenda, which the Tea Party has successfully stalled for more than a year?

One gets the impression that the Speaker has become the Baghdad Bob of the Beltway. The Tea Parties aren’t real!, she will continue to insist, while the movement swamps the midterms and puts Pelosi back in the minority.

Update: Jim Vicevich has a great video of the one-year anniversary of the Tea Party, and a message back to Pelosi from her new-found allies in the movement.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Ed, you need to take a break. Love your blogging but isn’t a much needed sabbath rest in your schedule?

solidaction on February 28, 2010 at 11:58 AM

Insane. Insane. And almost insulting. I can’t even process this.

WesternActor on February 28, 2010 at 11:58 AM

I’d like to see Medina win in Texas just so we could see Pelosi’s head explode.

faol on February 28, 2010 at 11:59 AM

We need to have a SanFranNanism of the Week poll. Botoxbot.

Philly on February 28, 2010 at 11:59 AM

Clueless…no wonder they are going forward with health care…tin ear and all.

neoavatara on February 28, 2010 at 11:59 AM

I can’t stand this woman. I am still shocked and awed at the fact that she is in the position that she is.
I’m embarrassed for her.

bridgetown on February 28, 2010 at 12:01 PM

Since when is she an expert on Teaparty’s? This is going to be one very public nervous breakdown isn’t it?

ctmom on February 28, 2010 at 12:01 PM

The Chicago Board of Trade reports unexpected and unprecidented activity in both the tar and feather futures market.

turfmann on February 28, 2010 at 12:02 PM

She’ll find out just how “grassroots” we are in November.

Murf76 on February 28, 2010 at 12:03 PM

Pelosi,

“I am intrigued by your ideas andwish to subscribe to your newsletter.”

ebrown2 on February 28, 2010 at 12:03 PM

People that run the House shouldn’t take ludes.

jukin on February 28, 2010 at 12:04 PM

I thought I would be bored after the football season ended. This is so fascinating to watch.

*munch munch munch sslluuurrpp*

birdhurd on February 28, 2010 at 12:05 PM

It is a sham that when Nan is talking you just know she is lying. Health Care, Tea Parties, CIA meetings, rangle. THe lady is loosing control of her party.

It is the Tea Party taking the GOP over and not the other way. What really is going on is a new Rap Master Ronnie revolution! Via La Revolucion! A revoluton of limited government and personal freedom.

EliTheBean on February 28, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Believe me, Nanzi: There is nothing I wish to have in common with you.

Philly on February 28, 2010 at 12:06 PM

The woman simply needs a brain transplant along with her next Botox injection.

CommentGuy on February 28, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Hey, thanks for the link Ed. for those who dont know, CentristNet is my blog. Check out the link above, some good stuff in there about Nancy’s hypocrisy in claiming that the tea party and Democrats can rally around fighting special interests. :)

Anti-Harkonnen Freedom Fighter on February 28, 2010 at 12:06 PM

I think San Fran Nan inhaled too many herbal jazz ciggies in your youth…

ladyingray on February 28, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Good med’s in San Fran, Nan?

d1carter on February 28, 2010 at 12:06 PM

And she’s what, fourth in line of succession to the presidency? Transparent idiocy.

rbj on February 28, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Must be some kind of reverse Alinsky tactic ?
Then again it might be some rare side effect of BOTOX she really meant ” Cofee Party ” as it is pure Astro Turf ……..

ELMO Q on February 28, 2010 at 12:06 PM

It’s good to know that I go on a cruise for a week and come back to find that Nancy is still mentally ill.

Knucklehead on February 28, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Pelosi’s tragic cry for help: Stop us before we hire more lobbyists for administration posts or accept swag from them again.

Cicero43 on February 28, 2010 at 12:07 PM

That should be *her* youth…

ladyingray on February 28, 2010 at 12:07 PM

Waiving your hand and saying “These aren’t the droids you’re looking for” only works in the movies, Nancita. This woman would insist with a straight face (her only kind due to the Botox) that snow is black if she believed that it would suit her agenda. Hey, Nance, we aren’t buying what you’re peddling.

Blackacre on February 28, 2010 at 12:07 PM

Pelosi touts the party line well. It’s amazing how easily one can lie when they’ve decided to throw all the marbles in and join the side of evil.

darwin on February 28, 2010 at 12:08 PM

She has a habit of saying whoppers like this, probably because “journalists” like Vargas give her a pass every single time.

She said earlier this week that she was running the “most ethical Congress ever” after Rangel was hit about taking special interest-paid vacations.

She said in 2008 that Congress would be “more bipartisan” if the Democrats gained seats. We see how that’s played out over the health care debacle. She even want to get rid of the filibuster in the other chamber.

I’m not sure if she thinks we are all stupid, or that she’s too stupid herself to realize we see right through her. She certainly must think her constituents in SFO are low-grade morons, they keep electing her.

JeffWeimer on February 28, 2010 at 12:09 PM

This actually made me laugh.

ladyingray on February 28, 2010 at 12:09 PM

Using a page from ACORNs playbook, I’m ordering at least a dozen absentee ballots for Pelosi’s district.

Who’s with me? It’s the only way.

Just keep in mind this woman is kept in office by members of the Scrotum Inflators of America and other “traditional” groups.

BobMbx on February 28, 2010 at 12:09 PM

“Certainly, I share some of the views of the Tea Partiers. For example, my own reckless incompetence absolutely disgusts me.”

RBMN on February 28, 2010 at 12:09 PM

Wasn’t she calling them nazis during that press conference where she Teared up while talking about the violence and anger the tea party represents?

I can’t wait until november.

Mord on February 28, 2010 at 12:10 PM

That should be *her* youth…

ladyingray on February 28, 2010 at 12:07 PM

I did not know there was weed in the 1800′s

VegasRick on February 28, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Yah, it\’s probably that Nazi thing she was thinking of.

katy on February 28, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Just keep talking.

JammieWearingFool on February 28, 2010 at 12:13 PM

Aaahhhh! The world according to Nancy Pelosi.

I wonder how much longer before Democrats figure out she is insane?

BetseyRoss on February 28, 2010 at 12:14 PM

No Nancy….I’m a tea partier and the only thing you and I have in common is that we are both female.

yoda on February 28, 2010 at 12:15 PM

At least Baghdad Bob had integrity. Nancy spins so much, so often now it’s no wonder that she is divorced from reality. She contradicts herself in the same sentence and believes what she says is logical.

GarandFan on February 28, 2010 at 12:15 PM

VARGAS: So, common ground with many people in the Tea Party movement.

Love the softball from the ever-idiotic and lefty Vargas. What she’s actually saying is: “For God’s sake you drunken, botox-injected fool, do you realize that your party’s war with these people is killing OUR party?”

Rational Thought on February 28, 2010 at 12:17 PM

That’s Baghdad Betty, Bob’s surrogate impressionist. Like dear Bob said, “there are no American soldiers in the city of Baghdad”, Pelosi remains in total denial that her party is about to be swept out of D.C. Grab a broom Nancy.

Rovin on February 28, 2010 at 12:18 PM

This is the press conference I was talking about

I’m not 100% certain, but I believe she was talking about the tea party protests.Please correct me if I am wrong.

that was then. Today:”I love me some tea!!”

Mord on February 28, 2010 at 12:18 PM

I’m guessing we’ll find that this is the new political strategy for the Dem’s. Don’t peeve off the Tea Partiers anymore than you have to and look for ways to bait Republican candidates

I’m expecting the MSM to begin focusing the narrative on finding

FireDrake on February 28, 2010 at 12:19 PM

Ah…In other words if you cant beat them co-opt their message and attempt to drive a wedge into their power base. The only problem is that for the most part Tea Partiers are pretty much untitled in their opinion that Nancy Pelosi is a braying jackass, who is very much the part of the problem and is in know way part of the solution.

Hellrider on February 28, 2010 at 12:19 PM

JeffWeimer on February 28, 2010 at 12:09 PM

Yup. Until a larger portion of the media starts acting like professionals, her ideas will have wide currency.

As for her being kept in Congress, we are talking San Francisco…

IlikedAUH2O on February 28, 2010 at 12:19 PM

Nancy Pelosi has just pegged the bullshit meter, set a world record in stupidity, and explored uncharted territory in the realms of denial and delusion.

She did this without batting an eye, in front of a “journalist” who sat there staring at her, either to shocked to ask the glaringly obvious follow up question of “exactly what other issues do you agree with the Tea Party?” or once again proves that the media has been carrying the Democrats bastard child for about 40 years now.

mikkins on February 28, 2010 at 12:19 PM

rbj on February 28, 2010 at 12:06 PM

If only that were true. Second in line, after Slow Joe Biden. Truly frightening.

And to accuse the opposition of astroturfing, with the White House putting out a website rallying seminar callers to conservative talk radio shows, is astounding.

iurockhead on February 28, 2010 at 12:19 PM

the attempt to connect the tea parties and citizens united comes from this times piece on the weekend titled missing the Tea Party:

Fueling the Citizens United storm, it would appear, are the winds of populism. And given the widespread public distaste for bailouts and bonuses, the court’s timing was awkward, to say the least. Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. and the four others in the majority — Justices Anthony M. Kennedy, Antonin Scalia, Clarence Thomas and Samuel A. Alito Jr. — now look like the only friends that corporate America has left. Just when conservatives have finally assembled a dream team of like-minded Supreme Court justices, the court has missed the Tea Party.

rob verdi on February 28, 2010 at 12:20 PM

No you don’t Ms. Piglosi, you share none of my views. You are a despicable creature and you will pay the price when you time here on earth comes to an end.

Keemo on February 28, 2010 at 12:20 PM

A perfect example of the all boobs and no brains syndrome.

CommentGuy on February 28, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Sorry.

… anywhere possible where vulnerable Republican candidates have that goes against local Tea Parties to split the Republican vote.

FireDrake on February 28, 2010 at 12:21 PM

If you and I wanted to get a law passed and we went to congress to ask for action we would be a special interest. They use a buzz word that polls great but ignores the fact that they are talking about stopping average people from having any influence in the laws they write.

Gwillie on February 28, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Nancy Pelosi thinks she’s going to cleverly co-opt the spirit of the Tea Parties? She’s the very face of everything that drives people into the Tea Party movement in the first place.

Cicero43 on February 28, 2010 at 12:23 PM

A perfect example of the all boobs and no brains syndrome.

CommentGuy on February 28, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Dude….

Mord on February 28, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Nancy is joining the Tea Party as the Mad Hatter.

Blackacre on February 28, 2010 at 12:26 PM

She did this without batting an eye,

mikkins on February 28, 2010 at 12:19 PM

It’s the Botox

Gwillie on February 28, 2010 at 12:26 PM

Hey, Nanzi, don’t forget unions, FM/FM, car companies, and ACORN.

petefrt on February 28, 2010 at 12:28 PM

This is even crazier than Al Gore’s op-ed in the NY Times explaining why AGW is still AGW despite the fake but accurate data.

Oh, I get it now. Nancy is driving a wedge in the TP movement between the GOPbots and the Independents and Dems that are in the movement. Yeah, that will work.

JimP on February 28, 2010 at 12:29 PM

It never fails to amaze me how many voters fall for the pathetic “special interests” meme. Anyhoo, for Madame Pelosi to say that she “shares the concerns” of the Tea Partiers is like saying that the Mad Mullahs and Ahmadinijead share the concerns of the Israeli people.

Buy Danish on February 28, 2010 at 12:29 PM

As I said on the headlines version of this subject, the day I share views with this witch is the day I blow my brains out.

November is National Stick-a-Fork-In-It Month.

platypus on February 28, 2010 at 12:33 PM

(Didn’t know the party had moved.)

No thanks, ma’ambotoxbabe.

The tent isn’t that big.

davidk on February 28, 2010 at 12:34 PM

(Didn’t know the party had moved.)

No thanks, ma’ambotoxbabe.

The tent isn’t that big.

davidk on February 28, 2010 at 12:34 PM

FIFY. There is absolutely no “babe” anywhere within 20 feet of her.

JeffWeimer on February 28, 2010 at 12:36 PM

Take a sip it of this cup of tea Nancy.

Rovin on February 28, 2010 at 12:31 PM

Doh!

Rovin on February 28, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Believe me, Nanzi: There is nothing I wish to have in common with you.

Philly on February 28, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Actually, there is one thing I’d like to have in common with her. I’m not a member of Congress and I’d be happy if she were not either.

Aviator on February 28, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Joe Biden making the decision on reconciliation? Oh, Lawdy. He can’t decide which tie to wear in the morning. We’ve gone from Darth Cheney to Jar-Jar Biden.

Nancy, these only thing you and the Dems have in common with the tea parties is that you all breathe oxygen. How vacuous and insulting can you be?

kingsjester on February 28, 2010 at 12:39 PM

I did not know there was weed in the 1800’s

VegasRick on February 28, 2010 at 12:10 PM

It was around but it was used for ropes and such, not smokin’.

thomasaur on February 28, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Hey Nancy….you might have more in common with the new coffee group out there….move along and join the Latte Lappers…we don’t like your type.

yoda on February 28, 2010 at 12:47 PM

Honestly, teaparty people who expect validation from Pelosi Inc. make me laugh.

Are you that out of touch?

She’ll never recognize the real center of this country. Never has. Never will.

AnninCA on February 28, 2010 at 12:48 PM

iurockhead on February 28, 2010 at 12:19 PM

Oh good Lord. I may have to get religion & start praying for the future of this country.

rbj on February 28, 2010 at 12:49 PM

Nancy already has written the script for her downfall, and it won’t be about her.

She’ll end up the martyr.

Trust me.

AnninCA on February 28, 2010 at 12:49 PM

Maybe her Botox injections are traveling to her brain and causing dementia?

Buy Danish on February 28, 2010 at 12:50 PM

JeffWeimer on February 28, 2010 at 12:09 PM

Drudge has an article with her comment that “you don’t need to have bipartisan votes for a bill to be bipartisan”.

She’s losing it big time.

mad scientist on February 28, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Next Pelosi plans to hold her own Tea Party to help build anti-Bush sentiment.

hisfrogness on February 28, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Nancy, just say:
I do believe in tea, I do, I do, I do, I do believe in tea, I do, I do, I do…

Mojave Mark on February 28, 2010 at 12:55 PM

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELUSIONAL.

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELICIOUS!!

This is Part Deux to Obama’s
“Scott Brown and I got elected for the same reason” hysteria.

They’re dying on the vine and know it.

Lockstein13 on February 28, 2010 at 12:57 PM

mad scientist on February 28, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Ooh, I forgot about that one.

There’s just so many, you lose track of them all!

JeffWeimer on February 28, 2010 at 1:01 PM

I wonder how much longer before Democrats figure out she is insane?

BetseyRoss on February 28, 2010 at 12:14 PM

For Dims, insanity’s a feature, not a bug.

AZCoyote on February 28, 2010 at 1:02 PM

Honestly, teaparty people who expect validation from Pelosi Inc. make me laugh.

AnninCA on February 28, 2010 at 12:48 PM

What? There are ‘teaparty people’ who expect validation from Pelosi?

AsianGirlInTights on February 28, 2010 at 1:05 PM

AnninCA on February 28, 2010 at 12:48 PM

I’m not expecting validation from her. I already have it. Her very being validates the righteousness of the Teap PArty movement.

JeffWeimer on February 28, 2010 at 1:06 PM

JeffWeimer on February 28, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Good God, Jeff. SPELL CHECK! Tea Party movement.

JeffWeimer on February 28, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Simplistic slogans…condescension to those who aren’t voting ‘correctly’…threats of force if you don’t get your way…

Yep, you have a LOT in common, Pelousy. Unfortunately for you.

Dark-Star on February 28, 2010 at 1:14 PM

I’d love to see Pelosi’s opponent come up with campaign ads interviewing former middle class people living in homeless tent cities asking how 3 years of Democrat controlled Congress has improved their lives.

Funny, we now don’t hear anything about these homeless tent cities from the media now that Obama is in office. I guess the problem magically disappeared.

Pelosi doesn’t give a damn about the average American or else she wouldn’t try to jam this horrible healthcare bill down our throats. This is all about advancing socialism in our country regardless of the toll it is taking on our country. And we have people in the mainstream media so corrupt to the core that they let these people get away with murder. Whatever happened to reporters being advocates for the man on the street? Thank God we have fine Americans like the Tea Partiers with the guts to fight against a corrupt government.

Christina_M on February 28, 2010 at 1:42 PM

This idiot woman, Pelosi, goes on national television and misrepresents (okay, downright lies) about what the TEA party protests are about. She lives in her own parallel universe, which is not rooted in reality. She spins (lies) about their focus to promote her own agenda.

Nancy, the TEA parties are a protest against government usurpation of health insurance/health care. They oppose growing government, TARP, phony “stimulus” bills that are purely political patronage payoffs and harmful to the economic recovery, seizure/management of industries, Cap and Tax, and all of the boondoggles that your caucus has dreamed up to erode our freedoms and lighten our wallets.

The only “special interests” that appear to be served by ObaMao and your caucus are unions (SEIU, UAW, NEA, UMW, etc.) Big Pharma, Big Insurance, and Big Greenhouse.

Tell me why government workers are unionized, Nancy. Tell me that your “health care” legislation is not going to grow government bureaucracy and get between doctors and patients.

You are by far the biggest hypocrite on the planet (along with Al Gore), Nancy. You protect the most unethical, criminal caucus that Congress has experienced in years. You ignore how your Leftist agenda has created unintended consequences that have led to a horrid deficit built on unfunded mandates. You ought to be in the public square in the stocks, where all can pass by to taunt you and throw rotten arugula.

onlineanalyst on February 28, 2010 at 1:43 PM

It’s not that the Tea Parties are united around a person, or a party, or one thought. If we were it would be very easy to hijack the Tea Party, to move us off-point, to sway our resolve. It hasn’t happened and it won’t happen. We are NOT united behind a person or a party. We are united around the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. The only common ground between Democrats and Tea Parties are those Democrats who honor the founding of our great country; the same with Republicans. Most of the Democrats now believe the Constitution to be out-dated – hence, no, Ms. Pelosi. We have hardly anything in common with you.

Yellowdog12 on February 28, 2010 at 1:43 PM

How, Nancy? Being old and White? God, I hate this woman.

SouthernGent on February 28, 2010 at 1:50 PM

I want cameras on her when she has to move out of the big office next year.

BDavis on February 28, 2010 at 1:57 PM

Goodbye Nancy.

/ten more months of this disgusting “Speaker”

rayra on February 28, 2010 at 2:01 PM

The main problem is that Nancy identifies with nanny state vs. freedom. That is what the Tea Partiers are all about. Just in case you haven’t seen this video, check out this Video Letter to Obama (and could have been to Pelosi) from We the People!

Christian Conservative on February 28, 2010 at 2:07 PM

So Pelosi wants to be a NAZI too? WOW who knew.

tarpon on February 28, 2010 at 2:11 PM

Yep! Called “loco weed”.

Vince on February 28, 2010 at 2:16 PM

I hate that woman.

CP on February 28, 2010 at 2:25 PM

Anti-Harkonnen Freedom Fighter on February 28, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Ed and Allah always have great links! While weekdays are pretty busy for me with Hot Air and my fave radio personalities like Rush and Mark, I always bookmark the links to check them out during the slower weekends. Your blog looks especially interesting. Thanks Ed and Allah!

Also, I wanted to mention to the rest of the readers here, prolly not a good idea but I’ll toss it out there anyway: Hot Air just went through a buyout by Salem, as most of us know. And the ads have improved in quality, for sure. But it’s also the main source of support for HA as a business endeavor. So I thought it might be a nice idea for some of us regulars to click on the links just to check out the new advertisers, and even the old standby’s. Just to let them know that we really are interested in both HA’s longevity and the advertisers as well who support it. :)

KendraWilder on February 28, 2010 at 3:09 PM

@kendrawilder

Anti-Harkonnen Freedom Fighter on February 28, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Thanks for the compliment Kendra, i hope some of y’all come by to check out my site, but of course i’ll keep trying to dig up stories for ed and allah. :)

here’s my most recent:

the media is busy smearing the tea party again, NYT this time via frank rich, linking the tea party and sarah palin to terrorism

Anti-Harkonnen Freedom Fighter on February 28, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Hmmmm, I’m thinking we should take this as a “head’s up” from Pelosi. If she’s spinning the Tea Party protests as resulting in part from the special interest/lobbying activities inside the Beltway, and linking that to the recent SCOTUS decision involving the campaign finance reform bill that the justices decided was unconstitutional in portions of it, then you can bet that the Dems have cobbled together some kind of legislation to override the SCOTUS decision.

Which means more of our free speech rights are going to be compromised, unless I miss my guess. Betcha they’re going to introduce that legislation sometime in the next couple of weeks, but before the Easter break for sure.

KendraWilder on February 28, 2010 at 3:36 PM

They haven’t forgiven the Supreme Court for leveling the playing field…this is what Nancy has been chewing on? Really? I would have thought it was the Scott Brown win up in the bluest Massachusetts…see after Massachusetts she couldn’t claim it was just Republican Astro Turf Tea Partiers…I think it was stated that only 13% of voters are Registered Republicans….so they didn’t get Scott Brown Elected.

So she gave in when she couldn’t keep the pretense going that the Tea Party Movement is made up of Right Wing Republicans…I am an Independent who leans Libertarian…and she has known for sometime, The Tea Party is not a bunch of Radical Extremest Right Wingers…although I am happy to be counted with my bitter, gun clinging, bible hugging, stranger avoiding, brethren :)

The message from this:
She wants to pivot, she really, really wants to pivot, she just didn’t leave herself enough room.

Dr Evil on February 28, 2010 at 3:47 PM

She is incoherent.

We share their concerns… no, wait, we don’t… But we kinda do, except that we don’t. Er… can I do this question over?? Dang…

stevezilla on February 28, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Yeah, good luck sucking up to the Tea Party Movement, Nancy. After all the Nazi, teabagger, astroturf, extremist, and racist slurs, the Dems and media(I know, I’m being redundant) have no hope of ever making nice with the people at these rallies. There’s too much bad blood there.

Pelosi’s response to Vargas’ question reminds me a lot of Obama’s comment on Scott Brown’s election and how it was due to the same emotions and sentiments that swept him into office. These people are either delusional or desperate(maybe both).

Doughboy on February 28, 2010 at 4:13 PM