Obama to GOP: Catch the Olympic spirit and pass my giant health-care boondoggle

posted at 1:16 pm on February 27, 2010 by Allahpundit

I … did not see this coming. But after a thousand speeches and interviews on this subject, it stands to reason that he’s running low on material. So here’s his entry, I guess, in the local junior-high “What the Olympics Mean to Me” essay contest. Hope you win those Miley Cyrus tickets, champ. For bonus fun, try to imagine the left’s reaction if Palin had touted the Games as inspiration for the Dems to, say, abandon reconciliation. Oh, those simple-minded, pandering teabaggers…

It’ll be sweet watching him back away from this hosanna to national unity next week after he gives the order to nuke the GOP’s filibuster. (One of Pelosi’s top aides claims they’re “reasonably confident” they can get a bill through the House if Reid can get 50 in the Senate.) Below the clip of Barry O you’ll find the GOP rebuttal delivered by Tom Coburn. Deer in the headlights, alas.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 6 7 8

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ:

I just watched Univisión TV channel, with host Jorge Ramos (Latino version of Anderson Cooper) with an interesting debate on healthcare reform. It was Javier Becerra (D) against a Republican (her name escapes me, sorry!).

Basically same points that are known to us with O’s healthcare system via FOX which was interesting, but debate back and forth seemed more civilized. What bothers me to the core, is that Ramos brought up that illegal immigrants are NOT included on the healthcare reform - and the MILLIONS of illegal immigrants would not benefit from the healthcare reform.

Javier Becerra then said it is time for illegal immigrant reform, to be more “flexible” to these people and that Obama (I dunno if it’s true) was working on that direction or was considering it. DOES ANYBODY KNOW THIS? Then the Republican lady said no way, that Dems all know what to do is to first blame Bush, then Republicans. Ramos said that these illegal immigrants will not benefit from this healthcare reform, that if they get sick they’d just have to go to the ER and that’s it, and it would cost more money to these hospitals (DUUUHHHH???!!!!)

Becerra likes the idea that immigrants that are here legally and can’t work or work and their jobs don’t offer health insurance, all would be covered. The Republican lady kept attacking Nancy Pelosi, of course that we Americans don’t like the healthcare plan, that we are afraid and very worried about the nuclear option (she did not say it exactly like that), that we want to start from scratch and work on a bipartisan healthcare plan, slow but steady, so there can be improvements to it.

I was pleasantly surprised that this debate was going on in Univision and the Latino community is informed well. BUT like I have stated before, Univision tends to be in favor of illegal immigrants and their “rights” here in this country.

Please, besides going back and forth about just us, that in this language illegal immigrants get rights under the healthcare plan. Because of what Ramos said, “What’s gonna happen to them?” So don’t be surprised if I called it here, that illegals might get organized and make some kind of protest or go out and claim their “rights” as “contributors to this country”.

ProudPalinFan on February 28, 2010 at 1:58 PM

I’ll vote for ObamaCare when Dumbo flies over my yard and drops a big turd in my pool.
Yes, Barrack, I’m talking about you.

Cybergeezer on February 28, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Hey Barack, how about getting with the American Spirit and resigning your office effective immediately.

Keemo on February 28, 2010 at 3:38 PM

When Obama promised aid to Haiti and Chile did I miss the shout outs? Or are they reserved for times when our men and women in uniform have been murdered?

CWforFreedom on February 28, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Ready for this ObaMao trick?

ObaMao is really intent on destroying our capitalistic society. To pay for increasing Medicare costs, he has planned to tax investments over and above what is taxed in earned income.

He is destroying incentive, investment, and economic growth.

onlineanalyst on February 28, 2010 at 7:04 PM

Obama needs to be careful about talking about the Olympics. Every time I think about President Obama and the Olympics, I can’t help but think about http://mittromneycentral.com/resources/books-by-mitt-romney/turnaround-crisis-leadership-and-the-olympic-games/

Obama does not look good whenever he is compared to Mitt.

dnlchisholm on February 28, 2010 at 8:10 PM

onlineanalyst on February 28, 2010 at 7:04 PM

This makes me furious . These ass clowns make it impossible to plan and invest with their constant rule changing. This money has been taxed at least once and the interest will be taxed again and now again.

The money my wife and I have set aside for retirement was done according to the rules and was because of SACRAFICES we made. We could have bought bigger homes drove Escalades and Lexus’s but we saved for our futures. So much for that idea the better idea is spend more than you earn cause if you don’t it will be taken away and if you do big government will be there to help pay your mortgage.

The other idea was to pay your bills and uncle sam on time the better idea as proved by countless Dems and Obama appointees is don’t pay your taxes and screw the government. I’m seriously considering the last one. THEY HASE NO CONSITUTIONAL RIGHT TO 1/3RD OF MY MONEY.

dhunter on February 28, 2010 at 9:21 PM

They don’t HAVE a right to my money either.

Ha Hase have or as Pinnochio would say AXE…. ASK

dhunter on February 28, 2010 at 9:23 PM

@lovingmyUSA,
I am very sorry but the Canadians won.. how ever Team USA did all that it could do to win – there is no shame in this loss – some are saying that this was the greatest Olympic game (they are obviously WRONG) but this is an instant classic.

here’s one more reason to hate Crosby. I cannot wait for the rematch of Miller and Crosby -hopefully in the playoffs – assuming the Sabres dont run out of gas by then…

Thanks for the YT clip of Kurt Russell playing Herb Brooks – i loved that movie

nagee76 on February 28, 2010 at 11:47 PM

Obama does not look good whenever he is compared to Mitt.

dnlchisholm on February 28, 2010 at 8:10 PM

You would have thought a media whore like Obama would have shown up at some point in the Olympics.

highhopes on March 1, 2010 at 7:06 AM

Obama wins a gold medal for being the most accomplished nose picker.

Cybergeezer on March 1, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Unless there are massive civil demonstrations, this legislation shall pass and begin the systematic dismantling of our Republic.
It’s either massive demonstrations now, or civil war later.

Cybergeezer on March 1, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Keemo on February 28, 2010 at 3:38 PM

Only if Biden and Pelosi promise to resign simultaneously.

Aronne on March 1, 2010 at 10:41 AM

If you understood capitalism better, then you’d probably see things differently. The current system is a parasite on our future

bayam on March 1, 2010 at 3:23 PM

On that bill due by Wed, let’s make sure that even if it sucks, even that is wrong, I don’t want illegal immigrants get any coverage, consideration, privilege. Hey I don’t wanna see them even mentioned!

Take-a-ticket, apply, take classes, learn about our history, pass the class, go thru the ceremony and swear to Our Flag! Then we can continue to catch the Latinos, and people from other nations that sneak in illegally, send them back w/o a trial (because as terrorists, THEY HAVE NO RIGHTS IN THIS COUNTRY!) and if Univisión wants to keep running on their TV channel their sob stories (watch it for a couple of days) about their treatment and portrayed short of martyrs.

I was not born inland but have the honor of being an American by birthright. And whenever these people continue to cross our borders -that are not well secured- I pay the price because of my looks and RAAACCCIIIISTTTSS target me sometimes. I don’t care, but Mexicans should.

ProudPalinFan on March 2, 2010 at 8:01 AM