Quotes of the day

posted at 10:30 pm on February 26, 2010 by Allahpundit

“Evolutionary psychologist Satoshi Kanazawa at the the London School of Economics and Political Science correlated data on these behaviors with IQ from a large national U.S. sample and found that, on average, people who identified as liberal and atheist had higher IQs. This applied also to sexual exclusivity in men, but not in women. The findings will be published in the March 2010 issue of Social Psychology Quarterly…

“‘The adoption of some evolutionarily novel ideas makes some sense in terms of moving the species forward,’ said George Washington University leadership professor James Bailey, who was not involved in the study. ‘It also makes perfect sense that more intelligent people — people with, sort of, more intellectual firepower — are likely to be the ones to do that.’

“Bailey also said that these preferences may stem from a desire to show superiority or elitism, which also has to do with IQ. In fact, aligning oneself with ‘unconventional’ philosophies such as liberalism or atheism may be ‘ways to communicate to everyone that you’re pretty smart,’ he said…

“Religion, the current theory goes, did not help people survive or reproduce necessarily, but goes along the lines of helping people to be paranoid, Kanazawa said. Assuming that, for example, a noise in the distance is a signal of a threat helped early humans to prepare in case of danger.”

***
“The jury may be out on whether conservatives are less intelligent than liberals, but there’s evidence that they may be physically stronger. Last year, the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences published a fascinating paper by Aaron Sell, John Tooby and Leda Cosmides of the Center for Evolutionary Psychology at the University of California, Santa Barbara. The authors measured the strength of 343 students using weight-lifting machines at a gym. The students also completed questionnaires designed to measure, among other things, their proneness to anger, their history of fighting and their fondness for aggression as a way to solve both individual and geopolitical problems.

“Sell, Tooby and Cosmides found that men (but not women) with the most physical strength were also the most likely to feel entitled to good treatment, anger easily, view themselves as successful in winning conflicts and believe in physical force as a tool for resolving interpersonal and international conflicts. Women who thought of themselves as pretty showed the same pattern of greater aggression. All of which means that if you are a liberal who believes you’re smarter than conservatives, you probably shouldn’t bring that up around them. You might not like them when they’re angry.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

UC Berkeley students don’t like tuition hikes, so they fight back! By breaking windows, spraying graffiti, and destroying campus property which they’ll probably pay for through more tuition hikes. Brilliant I say!

El_Terrible on February 27, 2010 at 1:23 AM

Those were tea party people….they’re EVERYWHERE!

HornetSting on February 27, 2010 at 1:25 AM

Leave Platypus alone.

HornetSting on February 27, 2010 at 1:21 AM

Aaaaaaaand now we’re channeling Chris Crocker (I assume satirically…)

darii on February 27, 2010 at 1:26 AM

You say that she’s not conservative, I’ve been here from the first, she does have some strongly held conservative values

Spirit of 1776 on February 27, 2010 at 1:24 AM

Such as???

MeatHeadinCA on February 27, 2010 at 1:26 AM

Pretty boring and stupid post by one with an insecurity complex.

Connie on February 27, 2010 at 1:27 AM

Spirit of 1776 on February 27, 2010 at 1:24 AM

I just LIVE to see what your opinion of me is~really.
You watch TerryAnn work through her political journey…I’d rather go get a root canal.

HornetSting on February 27, 2010 at 1:28 AM

Such as???

MeatHeadinCA on February 27, 2010 at 1:26 AM

She’s pro-life. Fiscal con. National security.

Spirit of 1776 on February 27, 2010 at 1:28 AM

HornetSting on February 27, 2010 at 1:28 AM

I’d rather watch Ann go through her socialist-libertarian-Hillary experience…

MeatHeadinCA on February 27, 2010 at 1:29 AM

El_Terrible on February 27, 2010 at 1:23 AM

Yeah, someone needs to tell these hippies that rioting doesn’t change the fact that the state is B-R-O-K-E.

darii on February 27, 2010 at 1:29 AM

Leave Platypus alone.

HornetSting on February 27, 2010 at 1:21 AM
Aaaaaaaand now we’re channeling Chris Crocker (I assume satirically…)

darii on February 27, 2010 at 1:26 AM

See page one. :)

HornetSting on February 27, 2010 at 1:30 AM

This IQ test correlates closely to the liberals who are global warming cult believers versus people who are categorized as skeptics. What exactly measures the divide between left and right brain thinkers? One group believes in the higher learning of fake but accurate information and are tested on those premises accordingly. Rendering a high IQ from said educations. The other group are more grounded in reality and the original intent of scientific validation using the scientific method of proving a theory up or down by demonstrating the verifiable results over and over again.

Copenhagen climate talks sure had a bunch of global intellectuals in attendance, didn’t they? Some of those high IQers were from the United States. Personally, I think these IQ test studies coming out now are another effort of “one step or projection forward to take or be pushed two steps back.” Many rational thinking people recognize this as a study very ill timed in the wake of Climategate. These supposedly high IQers look mighty foolish to me but, we all know that failed ideologies and cults need assurances like these meaningless Economics and Political Science studies to keep or get them back on track that was so recently derailed by the sudden exposure and desire in hiding the decline. Look who is posting it, CNN & Time. The study suits their business and ideology models.

Americannodash on February 27, 2010 at 1:30 AM

She’s pro-life. Fiscal con. National security.

Spirit of 1776 on February 27, 2010 at 1:28 AM

And yet she can’t even say WHY she has these “values.” I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. Smells like a Reagan Democrat to me. Now, there’s nothing wrong with making coalitions with Reagan Democrats, but do we want to call them conservatives? Well, if so, perhaps Beck is right… Perhaps there are few differences between the parties /s

MeatHeadinCA on February 27, 2010 at 1:30 AM

HornetSting on February 27, 2010 at 1:28 AM

Then don’t engage her.

I just LIVE to see what your opinion of me is~really.

Heh. I am sure you don’t care. People here who care about my opinion call me Spirit. People who don’t know me, don’t, so I am probably just a 1-time punk to you.

Spirit of 1776 on February 27, 2010 at 1:30 AM

They lie.

jukin on February 27, 2010 at 1:31 AM

MeatHeadinCA on February 27, 2010 at 1:30 AM

With respect, that’s not a reason to say someone has no welcome in a party (not saying TA should write party platform). Many parts of a political platform are visceral. Pro-life is one such. Yes, people come intellectually to things, but self-reliance is a visceral feeling initially and it is a key component to conservatism.

Spirit of 1776 on February 27, 2010 at 1:33 AM

Spirit of 1776 on February 27, 2010 at 1:33 AM

Who’s saying that TerryAnn isn’t welcome in Teh Party? You are, I guess.

MeatHeadinCA on February 27, 2010 at 1:34 AM

I’d rather be talking about ‘best trip to the dentist’ than this bullsh*t. But……

HornetSting on February 27, 2010 at 1:16 AM

Aw, shucks, sugar. I’d sooner believe you and 1776 are married before I’d believe you don’t enjoy a lil smackdown in the parkin’ lot.

platypus on February 27, 2010 at 1:35 AM

Spirit of 1776 on February 27, 2010 at 1:30 AM

I know you are long in the tooth here..I’ve read your posts.
But, I’ve been around here long enough to know TerryAnn’s reputation around here AND that people don’t usually take kindly to hall monitors.

HornetSting on February 27, 2010 at 1:35 AM

Social liberalism/anti-religion leads to fiscal liberalism and as one who has studied this for over 40 years, I dare you to question.

Connie on February 27, 2010 at 1:36 AM

Who’s saying that TerryAnn isn’t welcome in Teh Party? You are, I guess.

MeatHeadinCA on February 27, 2010 at 1:34 AM

Is that not the implication:

Or do you just not want her to call herself a conservative? Since she is a conservative in some components of the 3 legged stool.

Spirit of 1776 on February 27, 2010 at 1:36 AM

’d rather be talking about ‘best trip to the dentist’ than this bullsh*t. But……

HornetSting on February 27, 2010 at 1:16 AM

platypus on February 27, 2010 at 1:35 AM

Well, I don’t enjoy being told what to do..unless there’s handcuffs involved. ;)

HornetSting on February 27, 2010 at 1:36 AM

capitalist piglet

LOVE this nic lol

beachgirlusa on February 27, 2010 at 1:37 AM

Is that not the implication:

Spirit of 1776 on February 27, 2010 at 1:36 AM

Well, we aren’t talking about a conservative party, are we? I mean, you said something about a party… Uh… but I was referring to a movement – conservatism. That said, I don’t know a lot of Reagan Democrats that are philosophically Conservative.

You keep talking about “CJ”ing people and throwing people out of parties… I’m just talking about challenging people when they are operating under the “conservative” label.

She’s free to call herself a conservative. Obama is free to call himself a moderate. That’s just not the truth.

MeatHeadinCA on February 27, 2010 at 1:41 AM

HornetSting on February 27, 2010 at 1:35 AM

I’m not trying to be a hall monitor. I’m trying, as a member of the community, to convince you that it is better to either engage her on ideas, or not engage her at all. When you engage her on a personal level, we all lose. Really, we do.

Why I engaged here (as opposed to the people for example that she was collected with ccr6 etc) is that if you read HotAir’s archives, you will see her conservative thoughts. It is lately, the Palin rise, and then the Beck rise that has really created some …issues. You may have other personal topics that she annoys you on, but those are the ones that separated her from the main of the commentors here. Her comments are not very far from AP’s, in my estimation. Now they maybe reactionary, they maybe contrary, but both of those are positions of emotional arguments and they don’t last. She has a groundwork of conservative ideas and it is my honest opinion will grow in that given the change. We all can see she wants to be engaged in the dialogue – her personality shows it and her profession choice shows it – so I would rather she become an intellectually ally instead of a long-term emotional enemy. And I don’t mean any disrespect to her by calling her arguments on Beck and Palin emotional – that’s my honest view, and it’s true many pro-Beck, pro-Palin are emotional positions as well.

Spirit of 1776 on February 27, 2010 at 1:43 AM

HornetSting on February 27, 2010 at 1:36 AM

Whoa! beachgirl is gonna get jealous. Or maybe she’ll get ideas, which is just fine with me.

platypus on February 27, 2010 at 1:47 AM

You keep talking about “CJ”ing people and throwing people out of parties

I said that once. I mean weeding threads to have only a singular view expressed.

MeatHeadinCA on February 27, 2010 at 1:41 AM

So your issue with her is her self-identification? Do I understand you correctly?

Spirit of 1776 on February 27, 2010 at 1:50 AM

Spirit of 1776 on February 27, 2010 at 1:43 AM

Not bad. I actually think you care about the quality here. So think about this: if the mission (among other things) is to assist TA in growth, do we do her/him a favor if we pretend that there’s not a big cruel world out there? One where most don’t give a rat’s patooie about her/him?

We have enough smart people (college grads) who know much but who haven’t got the sense of a street urchin regarding how the real world works.

If TA can’t handle this, what about the real world where they play for keeps?

platypus on February 27, 2010 at 1:52 AM

I’m sorry, but when was the last time a liberal had an idea that didn’t involve growing the government? What “novel ideas”?

Does C4C count?

What’s that you say…a stimulus on top of a stimulus?!? Brilliant!

Hey you know what would go great with that 1.3 trillion budget deficit…how ’bout a new trillion dollar entitlement program! Brilliant!

Feel free anytime to jump in with one of your own. It’s goooood pickin’ with this year’s crop.

The whole lot of ‘em haven’t had a new idea in a century.

Just when I thought they couldn’t possibly be any dumber…they go and do something like this.

russcote on February 27, 2010 at 1:52 AM

Spirit of 1776 on February 27, 2010 at 1:43 AM

We are arguing the same points here~post after post.
You don’t want me to engage her, unless I want to argue in circles with her, because that is what happens in the threads she posts in.
You believe that I am degrading myself by posting snark. Your opinion.
If you want to change the rules here, be my guest…You’re going to be very busy.
She is about the level of conservative as John McCain….you want to defend that, again, be my guest.

HornetSting on February 27, 2010 at 1:53 AM

Spirit of 1776 on February 27, 2010 at 1:50 AM

Yes. Here’s essentially what I said. TA is a conservative if and only if BHO is a moderate, non-ideologue leftist.

MeatHeadinCA on February 27, 2010 at 1:54 AM

If TA can’t handle this, what about the real world where they play for keeps?

platypus on February 27, 2010 at 1:52 AM

I am not saying she can’t handle it.

Spirit of 1776 on February 27, 2010 at 1:55 AM

LOVE this nic lol

Thankyouverymuch. /elvis : )

capitalist piglet on February 27, 2010 at 1:55 AM

That should read… *and not a* leftist

MeatHeadinCA on February 27, 2010 at 1:57 AM

HornetSting on February 27, 2010 at 1:53 AM

Well then I apologize for not being more precise. I have tried not to repeat myself at all, but answer each thing you have presented me as you have presented it. I had felt each answer was progressive.

I don’t wish to address the remainder of your 1:53 as I believe it mischaracterizes my intent, and as you say, no point in repeating myself.

Spirit of 1776 on February 27, 2010 at 1:58 AM

russcote on February 27, 2010 at 1:52 AM

Haha, one of my favorite movies.

El_Terrible on February 27, 2010 at 1:58 AM

Moral relativism has taken precedence at Hot Air. Moral relavatism is actually what has given us Obama.

Connie on February 27, 2010 at 1:58 AM

MeatHeadinCA on February 27, 2010 at 1:54 AM

Let me ask you a straight question. What does it take to be considered a conservative? I know what my opinion is, I’m curious to yours.

The application of that label is also curious to me: if she is a fiscal con and a national security con and a social con – I understand her self-label. Dr. No even voted for TARP and he is held up as the pillar of fiscal conservatism. So what is the measuring stick?

Spirit of 1776 on February 27, 2010 at 2:00 AM

If TA can’t handle this, what about the real world where they play for keeps?

platypus on February 27, 2010 at 1:52 AM

That argument has been made by me, Platypus. We should handle the flower with kid gloves…you know, she has a journey to explore and she’s been around here longer than thee.
or is that me?
The immigration issue that 1776, or Spirit, if you prefer, differed with TerryAnn about…well, I had my own discussion with TerryAnn on this one night…she said, though she lives in Texas, she really doesn’t CARE about the southern border…doesn’t really think about immigration problems……
Well, my husband guards THAT LINE, and that just solidified my point on her ‘conservative’ values.
TerryAnn can be a fiscal con, a defense con, but as JOHN MCCAIN, our fave rino, doesn’t seem to get….if YOU DON’T PROTECT YOUR SOVEREIGNTY, YOU DON’T WORRY ABOUT THAT IMMIGRATION PROBLEM, THAT SOUTHERN BORDER…well, you might as well invite Osama Bin Laden to NYC….
Maybe, that is why I find her so…well, uninformed.

HornetSting on February 27, 2010 at 2:00 AM

Leave Platypus alone.

He doesn’t need us to defend him or fight his battles for him, he can more than handle it himself because he’s a conservative = REAL man.

(But no one gets to play rough with him but me :)

beachgirlusa on February 27, 2010 at 2:03 AM

darii on February 26, 2010 at 11:53 PM

If you are talking about the MSNBC version of racism I know a couple of hundred people. I could trap several thousand more. So many pickup trucks, so little time….

I don’t know how they identify themselves but when someone says that they have found the same IQ differences between blacks and whites as some book we were grunting about, I just leap to conclusions. And I did say grunting or was it mumbling? And I am sure that they meet every legal requirement and ethical standard in their respective professions…

IlikedAUH2O on February 27, 2010 at 2:05 AM

Leave Platypus alone.

(But no one gets to play rough with him but me :)

beachgirlusa on February 27, 2010 at 2:03 AM

He said you might complain. Want my pink fuzzy cuffs for him, beach?

HornetSting on February 27, 2010 at 2:05 AM

I thought liberal lefties didn’t like IQ tests because the results are racial. So we have a bunch of smart white atheists who know nothing. God help us.

hestrold on February 27, 2010 at 2:06 AM

Spirit of 1776 on February 27, 2010 at 2:00 AM

An American Conservative is one that believes that the individual is flawed. Therefore, instead of trying to solve the problems of the world through the flawed individual, they encourage the growth/empowerment of the individual (through individual rights). It’s up to the individual to find some sort of redemption or what have you, not the responsibility of the government. The government should only establish laws to protect the individual from aggression such as murder, rape, stealing, &c. In other words, the government should minimally interfere with the individual – only *perhaps* when protecting or bringing justice to the individual

Note: I’m not really throwing around “conservative” platforms. I’m actually throwing around conservative principles.

MeatHeadinCA on February 27, 2010 at 2:08 AM

Amen to that.

beachgirlusa on February 27, 2010 at 2:09 AM

HornetSting

LOL Thx but no thx, I’m not into the kinky stuff :)

beachgirlusa on February 27, 2010 at 2:10 AM

Maybe, that is why I find her so…well, uninformed.

HornetSting on February 27, 2010 at 2:00 AM

Uninformed??? We’ve tried and tried… No, she’s chosen to be ignorant here.

MeatHeadinCA on February 27, 2010 at 2:11 AM

HornetSting
LOL Thx but no thx, I’m not into the kinky stuff :)

beachgirlusa on February 27, 2010 at 2:10 AM

Heh.
And, yes, Amen.

HornetSting on February 27, 2010 at 2:11 AM

If liberals are so smart, then how did they manage to elect the worst president in history…twice (Carter, then Obama).

jediwebdude on February 27, 2010 at 2:11 AM

Maybe, that is why I find her so…well, uninformed.

HornetSting on February 27, 2010 at 2:00 AM
Uninformed??? We’ve tried and tried… No, she’s chosen to be ignorant here.

MeatHeadinCA on February 27, 2010 at 2:11 AM

Shhh. I’m turning over a new leaf.
I will no longer be mean. Ever.
It’s not nice.

HornetSting on February 27, 2010 at 2:12 AM

MeatHeadinCA on February 27, 2010 at 2:08 AM

Thanks for the well expressed answer. I’ll return in kind: My view of conservatism is that it is the embrace and attempt to preserve for future generations the ideology of our founding fathers as expressed in the DoI and the Constitution.

To your specifics (I honestly don’t care if TA calls herself a conservative, but I’m just playing out the thought): An American Conservative is one that believes that the individual is flawed. Since within this thread she acknowledged her own flaws, doesn’t that apply?

Therefore, instead of trying to solve the problems of the world through the flawed individual, they encourage the growth/empowerment of the individual (through individual rights). Since she said she is laboring to improve that, doesn’t that apply?

If she has expressed to you [the reader] your conservative ideas, isn’t it consistent to believe that over time her personal ideas will manifest themselves into political ideology? Especially if some of it is already apparent?

Spirit of 1776 on February 27, 2010 at 2:13 AM

jediwebdude

LOL Love this nic too.

beachgirlusa on February 27, 2010 at 2:15 AM

Uninformed??? We’ve tried and tried… No, she’s chosen to be ignorant here.

For example, she’s read, or listened to actually if I recall correctly, Liberal Fascism. That’s more then a lot of Republicans. That says to me she’s interested in ideas and they are working through.

Spirit of 1776 on February 27, 2010 at 2:16 AM

‘nite all.

(behave thyself platypus :)

beachgirlusa on February 27, 2010 at 2:17 AM

Uninformed??? We’ve tried and tried… No, she’s chosen to be ignorant here.

Spirit of 1776 on February 27, 2010 at 2:16 AM

I think you might want to read her posts.

HornetSting on February 27, 2010 at 2:18 AM

Then why does she look to the government for solutions? I guess she wants a flawed government to bail the individual out… HOW does that make her a conservative?

Since she said she is laboring to improve that, doesn’t that apply?

Err… well, since when has she talked about individualism and empowering the individual?

Spirit of 1776 on February 27, 2010 at 2:13 AM

Just like Bill O’Reilly, John McCain, and others, she has a political ideology. It might be more pragmatic than some ideologies. I’m simply saying that her political ideology isn’t conservative. You can hope it will one day… I’m also hoping my liberal friends get baptized by conservatism, but I’m not banking on it.

OK, I’m out. It’s time for bed.

Goodnight, all!!!

MeatHeadinCA on February 27, 2010 at 2:18 AM

HornetSting on February 27, 2010 at 2:00 AM

I came late to this thread and just commented on the thread topic. I have been going back through comments and find that most of the comments are surrounding a high maintenance slow learner again. If Spirit wants to behave like a knight and defend this damsel in perpetual defense, I suggest Spirit go to her web site [unfocusedblogspot.com] and advise her there. Enthrall away. It should concern us all that a topic is being hijacked by someone who reminds me of younger version of an AnninCa.

Americannodash on February 27, 2010 at 2:18 AM

HornetSting
LOL Thx but no thx, I’m not into the kinky stuff :)

beachgirlusa on February 27, 2010 at 2:10 AM

Heh.
And, yes, Amen.

HornetSting on February 27, 2010 at 2:11 AM

There is such a thing as on-the-job training.

platypus on February 27, 2010 at 2:20 AM

IlikedAUH2O on February 27, 2010 at 2:05 AM

I didn’t even know that they tested for that stuff anymore. But I guess that they do.

The inventor of the transistor was a racist. Used to be on talk shows.

The problem that makes the liberals so upset is that it can’t be true or their drive for social engineering leads them to some terrible conclusions. I am not too thrilled with the same social engineering when it is practiced in reverse. As it is today. It hurts.

IlikedAUH2O on February 27, 2010 at 2:20 AM

Then why does she look to the government for solutions?

Because of inconsistent application of principle. And I would just assume that self-improvement would be consider synonymous with empowering the individual. Night to you.

Spirit of 1776 on February 27, 2010 at 2:22 AM

G’nite, all. Thanks for the yuks and yaks.

platypus on February 27, 2010 at 2:23 AM

Americannodash on February 27, 2010 at 2:18 AM

Thank you, Dash.
I’m not here to hurt anyone. I just like to bust her hump.
The scary part~they BOTH live in Texas now. Sheesh.

HornetSting on February 27, 2010 at 2:24 AM

Nite Platy~don’t let the cuffs bite.

HornetSting on February 27, 2010 at 2:25 AM

Really doesn’t matter because Time magazine articles are so stupid.

Time is like expecting Soviet Union Olympic judges to be impartial.

Speakup on February 27, 2010 at 2:28 AM

Goodnight all.
Sorry for anihilating the thread.

HornetSting on February 27, 2010 at 2:33 AM

HornetSting on February 27, 2010 at 2:24 AM

Back at you. When I read her comments here from way back when, I thought she was just showing a lack of sophistication and unable of critical judgment and analysis. Now I realize my first immpression of her was correct. She is sweet though, and would make Allahpundit a wonderful cyberwife.

Americannodash on February 27, 2010 at 2:38 AM

*impression — oops & good night to the great state of Texas.

Americannodash on February 27, 2010 at 2:46 AM

M R Ducks!

Chewy the Lab on February 26, 2010 at 10:33 PM

OMG, that’s one of my favorite jokes ever! My Uncle Bob wrote it out for me once a long time ago and my fave line is “C M E D B D I’s? L I B! M R snakes!” LOL! He passed it around at a birthday party and when no one got the joke, he read it aloud; uproarious laughter ensued ;)

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on February 27, 2010 at 2:50 AM

hestrold on February 27, 2010 at 2:06 AM

And they vote, and reproduce….

lovingmyUSA on February 27, 2010 at 3:23 AM

HornetSting on February 27, 2010 at 2:05 AM

Hornet, I may need to borrow those sometime…I seem to have lost mine…

lovingmyUSA on February 27, 2010 at 3:29 AM

Amen to that.

beachgirlusa on February 27, 2010 at 2:09 AM
That is the elephant in the room that no one will talk about. Fix that and you don`t need healthcare reform. I can`t figure out why they won`t address it.

LSUMama on February 27, 2010 at 3:30 AM

I can`t figure out why they won`t address it.

LSUMama on February 27, 2010 at 3:30 AM

Ummm, they are going to address it, but not the way you would expect. Amnesty is supposed to happen during the summer, but they will probably still be working on a health care bill.

El_Terrible on February 27, 2010 at 3:34 AM

Margaret Sanger–who advocated aborting black and poor children–would fit the profile…

lovingmyUSA on February 27, 2010 at 3:47 AM

HornetSting on February 27, 2010 at 1:35 AM

Then you ought to know better: Her ‘reputation’ is rather recent and tendentious at best, given how long she’s been commenting on the site.

I’ve been watching her getting lumped in with trolls and site-gamers like AnnInCA for months now, thinking it would eventually die down, but it hasn’t. Now we’re to this point, with cries of ‘hall monitors’ and such when the smallest objection is raised. WTF?

I’m not trying to be a hall monitor. … Why I engaged here (as opposed to the people for example that she was collected with ccr6 etc) is that if you read HotAir’s archives, you will see her conservative thoughts. … You may have other personal topics that she annoys you on, but those are the ones that separated her from the main of the commentors here. Her comments are not very far from AP’s, in my estimation.

Spirit of 1776 on February 27, 2010 at 1:43 AM

Seconded.

Any feedback from other old-timers like 1776Spirit? FWIW some of terryann’s comments haven’t been that impressive lately, but neither were mine, or a lot of ours, and it’s a mistake to lump her in with unreconstructed trolls whose only mission in life is to disrupt threads — or merely to clog them with a bunch of chaff.

Just like there’s a difference between expressing a different view, and being nasty about it or calling people who post here ‘stupid’, or intentionally deceiving them. In judging someone, their posting history prior to the more recent registration rounds ought to count for something. I agree they support what Spirit said.

Not bad. I actually think you care about the quality here.
platypus on February 27, 2010 at 1:52 AM

No sh-t? Really? As opposed to someone who… I don’t know, spams the threads with the sound of their own voice? (Not saying that’s you platypus, just making a point.)

Clearly you’re in a position to make such august pronouncements because your involvement on these threads vastly predates a johnny-come-lately like ’1776′, no?

RD on February 27, 2010 at 4:25 AM

Doesn’t seem the liberalness, intelligence, or atheism is helping them reproduce.

So how is this a good adaptation, from a Darwinian sense?

Well, they are certainly welcome to congratulate themselves on how much better they are than everybody else, and continue to be an evolutionary dead end.

meep on February 27, 2010 at 5:16 AM

Also, if you need to be explicitly told not to call a muscle-bound lummox stupid, I’m going to wonder how smart you are.

Because that’s a really dumb move.

meep on February 27, 2010 at 5:19 AM

a “bell curve” liberals can support!

eh on February 27, 2010 at 5:40 AM

meep on February 27, 2010 at 5:19 AM

++1000!

lovingmyUSA on February 27, 2010 at 6:18 AM

You guys are cracking me up!

lovingmyUSA on February 27, 2010 at 6:18 AM

Another example of an all too convenient “settled science” When the left needs to push an agenda… academia comes through every time!

I beg to differ with the no doubt biased study… preconceived conclusions tend to come to the “right conclusions.”

No cooking the books in this study is there.

petunia on February 27, 2010 at 6:38 AM

I’m a conservative Evangelical Christian with a Master’s degree from an R1 university. I teach college professors how to teach.

I have four children.

Take THAT, “evolutionary liberalism.”

skydaddy on February 27, 2010 at 6:54 AM

8.8-magnitude earthquake hits central Chile

OmahaConservative on February 27, 2010 at 7:20 AM

So basically these libs are convinced that they’re smarter than conservatives, but will readily admit that they are candy-asses.

pugwriter on February 27, 2010 at 7:26 AM

Yet Liberals and elitists believe in global warming, think Obama is full of hope and change and that the Congress is the most ethical ever. Go figure.

Guardian on February 27, 2010 at 7:29 AM

What is so smart about adhering to ecological, economic, and social policies that are logically indefensible? AGW, Keynesian economics, homosexual promiscuity, and infanticide are four major pillars of liberal thought.

Following their logic, we would devolve into a third world country within a generation or two. But at least the resultant population decline would mean that those poor souls left over wouldn’t have to live right next to each other.

pugwriter on February 27, 2010 at 7:43 AM

I see the

tar

0bama supporters from the Lowenstein Institute are back…

Funny, if you look at government numbers, Education and Government Majors are the bottom two, when it comes to test scores/professed major. Those aren’t exactly hotbeds of conservatism.

Let’s see. Gore vs. Bush. Bush. Kerry vs. Bush. Bush.
0bama vs. McCain. Well, we can’t say, as our child “genius” who doesn’t know the difference between auto liability insurance and comprehensive insurance still hasn’t released his grades.

Me thinks the

tar

0bama supporters are starting to get a complex, at the epic level of fail, their lives usually are.

MNHawk on February 27, 2010 at 7:49 AM

Note to self:

Hit strike, instead of quote…

MNHawk on February 27, 2010 at 7:49 AM

Time and CNN? Please!

I did notice that the Time article had a picture of AP at the top of it.

conservnut on February 27, 2010 at 7:56 AM

Yet Liberals and elitists believe in global warming, wear dead people’s teeth, think Obama is full of hope and change and that the Congress is the most ethical ever. Go figure.

Guardian on February 27, 2010 at 7:29 AM

FIFY

kringeesmom on February 27, 2010 at 7:57 AM

Wait. That’s not moonbats?

misterpeasea on February 27, 2010 at 8:02 AM

Oh, leave TerryAnn alone. She’s barely out of the womb, for goodness’ sake.

misterpeasea on February 27, 2010 at 8:07 AM

Study: Are Liberals Smarter Than Conservatives?
==========================================================
The LIBERAL BRAIN

====================================

The REPUBLICAN BRAIN

canopfor on February 27, 2010 at 8:09 AM

These liberal moonbats that did this study will be the first to run and greet “The Great Jihad” and the first to feel the sword of “The Great Jihad”. Wonder what will be their last thought? Maybe those stupid conservatives were right!?!

Dire Straits on February 27, 2010 at 8:10 AM

Can’t wait til the do their IQ tests on various races/nationalities. Coming out soon?

JiangxiDad on February 27, 2010 at 8:11 AM

Speaking of brilliant Liberals!!!
===================================
Stuart Saves His Family

canopfor on February 27, 2010 at 8:17 AM

JiangxiDad on February 27, 2010 at 8:11 AM

Let’s test Maxine Waters first.

OmahaConservative on February 27, 2010 at 8:24 AM

This is a study from a brain damaged liberal who has discovered how devoid of common sense he is and has interpreted data to fit his meme in order to make himself feel better. Much like the militant gays agenda to force society to view their choices as an alternative lifestyle so they can “fit in”.

Question: WHY do they need the rest of society to accept their choices in order to feel good about themselves?

csdeven on February 27, 2010 at 8:27 AM

O/T,America’s other world-class HealthCare!!
===================================================

America, A Love Story

U.S. Air Force Nurse, Lucy Lehker, comforts an ‘unknown’ Canadian soldier after he was badly wounded in Afghanistan
========================

Michael Yon has the full story here.
—————————————-

From Canada: A Thank You to U.S. Service Members

Again,Thank-You,America.:)

canopfor on February 27, 2010 at 8:30 AM

people who identified as liberal and atheist had higher IQs.

And the science on global warming has been settled by those same people with the higher IQ.

peacenprosperity on February 27, 2010 at 8:45 AM

The study group is 18 to 28 years old. I have been a conservative my entire life but I haven’t always been a believer in God. When I think back through the years of what I knew to be the absolute truth in my youth and what I know now it is breathtaking. Even the most conservative youths are still liberal in their idealistic views of how the world should be. Run this study on people 40 to 50 years old and get back to me. As for the our some of the young commenters who have taken a beating on this thread, good for you for examining conservatism, it is not the path of least resistance among your peers. For those chastising them, you are wasting your breath. It’s a one person journey and nothing you say will change the process.

Cindy Munford on February 27, 2010 at 8:58 AM

OmahaConservative on February 27, 2010 at 8:24 AM

I am pretty sure that that would be an unfair disadvantage for any test group on any level.

Cindy Munford on February 27, 2010 at 8:59 AM

Oh, leave TerryAnn alone. She’s barely out of the womb, for goodness’ sake.

misterpeasea on February 27, 2010 at 8:07 AM

You said it so much better then I did.

Cindy Munford on February 27, 2010 at 9:00 AM