Lifelike Pelosi robot on Rangel: We. Are. The most ethical Congress. Ever.

posted at 8:00 pm on February 26, 2010 by Allahpundit

Via CNS, an incredible simulation. It looks and sounds just like her, but its primitive programming forces it to resort to rote, moronic talking points even under circumstances that make them laughable. One fact I forgot to mention in last night’s Rangel post: As of early January, “the most ethical Congress ever” hadn’t punished a single congressman for ethics violations. Not one, despite the many, many imbroglios in which, to take a not-so-random example, Pelosi crony Jack Murtha was involved. In fact, seven more congressmen were exonerated of ethics charges just today despite their ties to the PMA lobbying group. Said Melanie Sloan, head of CREW:

What a surprise that the Ethics Committee would once again clear members of Congress of wrongdoing. Apparently, in the committee’s view, no member of Congress ever earmarks as a result of a campaign contribution. Of course, the committee also determined that PMA Group lobbyists and their clients universally believed that the chances of obtaining an earmark were directly related to the amount of campaign contributions they made to members of Congress. But, hey, why let a little inconsistency like that get in the way of clearing members of wrongdoing – the raison d’etre of the committee.

Even Rangel, admonished though he was, essentially got a wrist slap: The committee found that there wasn’t enough evidence to prove that he knew his trips to the Caribbean were corporate-sponsored despite the fact that his aides tried at least three times to let him know. From the AP:

The ethics committee report released Friday is important in determining how aware Rangel was that he was receiving corporate gifts. The powerful Ways and Means Committee chairman says he did nothing wrong because his staff never told him about corporate sponsors.

The report says investigators could not determine whether Rangel, D-N.Y., saw two staff memos to him in 2008 and a letter addressed to him in 2007.

In other words, despite a trail of documentary evidence, Rangel told the committee “Gee, I didn’t see it” and they decided, “Gee, maybe he didn’t see it.” That’s the most ethical Congress ever in action. No wonder some Democrats are panicking and calling for Rangel to step down. Take it away, Pelosi-bot.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

She reminds me of the crude robot at the 1939 World’s Fair. Someone should just unplug her.

Travis Bickle on February 27, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Rangel’s going to walk. He’s practically the teflon Don. He’ll stay right where he is at least until after midterms. Birds of a feather flock together… and all that rot.

Her eyes freak me out. She looks like she has Bennies for breakfast and Quaaludes for dinner on a regular basis.

SilverStar830 on February 27, 2010 at 12:18 AM

Yes..certainly the most transparent. These idiots don’t even try to hide their dishonest, distasteful and kleptocratic ways.

Dick Turpin on February 27, 2010 at 12:31 AM

She makes the Terminator look human, maybe she’ll pop an eye out too.

MJZZZ on February 27, 2010 at 12:39 AM

She looks like a chicken pecking away at her own sanity.

Sharke on February 26, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Why do you hate chickens so much… I love my “girls” they feed me every morning and make me very popular with the neighbors… can’t you pick on some other animal??

kringeesmom on February 27, 2010 at 12:52 AM

No sane person should ever vote democrat again…

daesleeper on February 27, 2010 at 1:32 AM

Based on dem standards of conduct, she’s correct…

Gohawgs on February 27, 2010 at 4:33 AM

Ethics- another concept that Democraps just can’t grasp.

DDT on February 27, 2010 at 5:35 AM

Pelosi: “I think it’s quite a statement to hold members accountable for what their staff knew…”

“most ethical Congress ever”

She keeps using that word. I do not think it means what she thinks it means.

RINO in Name Only on February 27, 2010 at 6:33 AM

Robotox.

Erkenbrand on February 27, 2010 at 7:38 AM

Remember, everything Nancy, Harry and Barry says are always the opposite of the truth. All of criminals stick together because they all have something on each other

margretto on February 27, 2010 at 8:15 AM

She found it very difficult to maintain eye contact with the reporters asking the questions.
Her body language was that of a deer caught in the headlights.
I like how she immediately slid in that they were the most ethical Congress “We are”.
Evil. Pure evil.
Keep mouthing the words, Nancy. I’m sure you believe them by now, maybe by repeating it as true over & over again you will convince everyone that you are not lying.
There are a lot of stupid people in this country.
However, I think you’ll have a real hard time convincing middle & rural America of this.
Left E & W coasties are your targets.
DISGUSTING BEHAVIOR.

Badger40 on February 27, 2010 at 8:16 AM

What a skank

Viper1 on February 27, 2010 at 8:16 AM

Seven Percent Solution on February 26, 2010 at 9:03 PM

Cindy Munford on February 27, 2010 at 8:17 AM

What Peloser is really saying is the only way to get Rangel out of being the head of the Ways and Means Commitee is make sure the democrats are not in charge of the Congress after the mid-term elections. Peloser is evil in its purist form. How do people this intellectually dishonest gain positions of power in either party?

volsense on February 27, 2010 at 8:35 AM

Seven Percent Solution on February 26, 2010 at 9:03 PM

I didn’t know about this. WOW.
Thanks for the info!

Badger40 on February 27, 2010 at 8:44 AM

This does not reflect well on D or R. We have the most corrupt Congress evah, and this has been the case since 2000 when the Bush Administration was trying to put together ITS permanent majority, also purchased with taxpayer money.

These people are a-holes lacking regard for sound governance. It’s all about them.

exdeadhead on February 27, 2010 at 8:57 AM

HOW DID WE FALL THIS FAR?

elderberry on February 27, 2010 at 9:05 AM

“Don’t forget, Friday is Cake Day!”

A cookie to whomever gets this.

ZK on February 27, 2010 at 9:06 AM

Lifelike Pelosi robot

???

She’s not that lifelike.

ChrisB on February 27, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Just had my sick thought for the day. If they ever had to exhume this living mummy, they would find a perfectly preserved plastic life mask…The people of the future will say,”So this is the idiot that tried to destroy America. Good thing that moving company dropped a piano on her from twenty flights up, or we’d be commies right now.”

adamsmith on February 27, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Just like Satan, there is no truth in her, she is the Grandma of lies.

royzer on February 27, 2010 at 10:26 AM

Lifelike Pelosi robot…

You know, if she were a robot, they’d have upgraded the software by now.
Not that I want them to bring out Pelosi 2.0….

n0doz on February 27, 2010 at 11:57 AM

Repeat a lie often enough and it can become true.

In this case they have to repeat it so often that they need an animatronic Pelosi stuck on repeat to try and pull of the “most ethical congress evar!” lie.

Heftyjo on February 27, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Cindy Munford on February 26, 2010 at 8:45 PM

Cindy, TARP was needed as the result of thirty years of social engineering by the Community Reinvestment Act …

… but what happened right before the election, I have no doubt that Soros was involved.

Seven Percent Solution on February 26, 2010 at 9:03 PMThat’s the incident I meant. Thanks for letting me know I am not the only one with those suspicions.

Cindy Munford on February 27, 2010 at 8:17 AM

I’m very late here, but it is nice to know I’m not alone. Things happened and it horrifies me.

redwhiteblue on February 27, 2010 at 11:34 PM